New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

To AK-Yes, it is Sunday night at the moment. Is everyone finished? If we are, should I start Monday morning?

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

I was waiting on you to post for the thing with Kasai and Ina, I think?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, actually, Atrum posted and we were waiting for your response. Of course, I'll probably have to post for him as he just got drafted into the army and will be away for another week at the least.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Well, actually, Atrum posted and we were waiting for your response. Of course, I'll probably have to post for him as he just got drafted into the army and will be away for another week at the least.
    Oh. I take it the lime text in Atrum's post was Ina's only contribution, then?

In that case, I'll go put up a post...

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah. Sorry about that, man.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fine. *Shrugs*

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

To AK-Yes, it is Sunday night at the moment. Is everyone finished? If we are, should I start Monday morning?
    Actually, we're starting Sunday morning. Yesterday was Saturday.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh man, I'd almost forgotten about that. Except that in Japan, only Sunday is their 'weekend', so I'm not sure if that'd be the same in Academy City.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh man, I'd almost forgotten about that. Except that in Japan, only Sunday is their 'weekend', so I'm not sure if that'd be the same in Academy City.
    That decision seems to have already been made. Unless all of our student characters were simultaneously playing truant yesterday, it's pretty much been established that Saturday is a weekend for them.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I can run with that too.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell came to a stop in front of the Tokiwadai dorm. He blinked in surprise at where his feet had taken him in his thoughtful daze. Checking his watch he was surprised to see that it was about 9:30 am. He must have been thinking harder that he thought he was. Putting it out of his mind he tapped his chin as he thought about how he could gain Kin and Krystal's attention.
    The dorms have an intercom system for visitors. Crocell can buzz Krystal's room from the lobby, if he so desires.

Also, yay for activity.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

I would be somewhat interested in joining this. I'm not really familiar with the source material, but the OP says that's fine.

I also don't really know what direction I want to go in with a character. I was thinking about maybe someone who can electrically charge their own body. Either with large amounts of electricity for pain-inflicting and device-tampering purposes or with small amounts for the ability to manipulate the bodies of others on a more subtle level. I'm not sure which of those would be better, or if either of them are stepping on someone else's toes. I definitely don't want a high-powered character, but I don't think that either of these things would be particularly strong.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome!

Familiarity with the source material is definitely not needed. I knew nothing about it when I started, and I've managed to fit in just fine, or at least well enough that having to dodge digital rocks is comparatively rare.

As for your powers... How much manipulation are you talking, with the latter?

14. - Top - End - #464

MindFlayer

Not full control. Their mind would be totally unaffected, but I might have some ability to control basic motor functions, as long as I can maintain physical contact.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Assuming you mean Alia, then yes, that sounds good.
    Really sorry for taking so long with this. Is there a location you have in mind for the two to meet?

Also, welcome to RailITP, Salmon :).
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2013-03-03 at 01:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

School Gardens, maybe?

17. - Top - End - #467
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I bring a message from Terry; he apologises and tells you all that he's not really into Freeform Roleplay anymore and consequently is unlikely to post in the near future.

What was supposed to happen at the top of the tower with Moroe and Hajime was this; Adachi appears and kills Shiki, and this devastates Hajime. Now, I'm not sure where he planned to run with this (and to be honest, neither did he), but that's what he's told me.

Also, Atrum's gone off to do National Service now and will only be able to post during the weekends.

By the way, C'nor, are you going to reply to my post or...?
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2013-03-03 at 11:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

A shame, but not a surprise. Ah well, at least now we'll be able to formally move on. Moroe could really use a post that goes into more detail than 'sits on a park bench'...
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-03-04 at 05:09 AM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, C'nor, are you going to reply to my post or...?
    Now that I have finally straightened stuff out with my classes, yes.

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    School Gardens, maybe?
    Works for me. Shiho is now in just getting off the bus and heading into the school gardens .

21. - Top - End - #471

MindFlayer

So... How do I go about making a character?

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonOfDoubt View Post
    So... How do I go about making a character?
    Just write up a sheet and post it in this thread. If you're not sure what sort of information should be in a character sheet, there are plenty of completed ones to browse on the wiki. Of course, all these are only examples to get you started; They're not absolute templates. Beyond the basic essentials (name, age, appearance, supernatural abilities, etc) the layout and level of detail are up to you. And should you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

23. - Top - End - #473

MindFlayer

They're... all middle schoolers. Okay. Wasn't aware of that. I kind of figured that the Academy was a college, but I never looked any deeper into that. I'm going to pass then. I'm aware that I don't have to play a middle schooler, but playing in a world full of them doesn't appeal to me either.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

They're... all middle schoolers. Okay. Wasn't aware of that. I kind of figured that the Academy was a college, but I never looked any deeper into that. I'm going to pass then. I'm aware that I don't have to play a middle schooler, but playing in a world full of them doesn't appeal to me either.
    It's not an academy; It's an entire city, containing people of all ages. But yes, most PCs are indeed around the middle/high school range. That's because most players want to play Espers, and adult Espers are a rarity. The program which creates them is still quite new, so there simply hasn't been time for the first (official) generation to grow up yet.

But if you think that all these kids are only involved in tame school drama, think again. The true powers behind Academy City see its students as nothing more than test subjects. Dig deep enough beneath the city's shining surface, and you'll come across a very different breed of child indeed; Usually right before they fuse your mouth shut for asking too many questions...
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-03-04 at 10:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

MindFlayer

I... Ah. Well, mission accomplished for you. I'm hooked now. I might make something, I might not. Probably won't be for at least a week or so.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

I... Ah. Well, mission accomplished for you. I'm hooked now. I might make something, I might not. Probably won't be for at least a week or so.
    Glad to hear it. Also, there are ways to play an adult Esper, if you so desire. While the slick and clean Power Curriculum Program of today is indeed very new, it didn't spring out of thin air. Systems like this need plenty of testing, after all. And when dealing with a system which alters human brain chemistry, lab rats just won't cut the mustard. So, in the interests of the greater good, a group of 'beta testers' was secretly used to iron out the bugs. And while the casualty rate was distressingly high, a fair number of these brave *ahem* volunteers are still around today; Though (of course) sworn to silence. After all, we wouldn't want the city's image to be tarnished...

27. - Top - End - #477

Hello everybody. First off, I'd like to apologize for my sudden and long absence. I had a lot of stuff happen at once, and I didn't really have the time or mental capacity to post.

Second, I will be returning soon, but I'm not exactly sure when yet. Might not be until next week.

Again, very sorry about all of this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #478
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Hi everyone! I'm new here (well, I did have an old account that was lost to time and I'm a long time lurker). I've been reading this thread and I'm interested in joining.

Anyways, I have a general idea for a character and I'm looking for some feedback before I completely flesh him out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Jun Yoroizuka
    Level:I'm aiming for level 2, but let me know your thoughts.

Esper Ability: Ignorant Bliss
    Ever seen that video with a bunch of people throwing a basketball around, then a guy in a gorilla costume walks through and no one notices? Well, I want Jun's ability to be kinda like that. There's two basic abilities:
    Thought suppression field: A constantly active field that encourages others overlook Jun. This extends out to a certain radius (around 50 meters?) and it very weak. This may let Jun easily disappear into a crowd, or get his name skipped over when reading off a long list.
    Active disruption: Basically a more powerful version of the thought suppression field when Jun actively focuses on his ability. This can increase the range and power of the field, or be focused on a few specific people. For instance, Jun can focus this ability on one person during a fight to disappear (from his target's perspective) for a fraction of a second.

Various factors can improve or reduce the effectiveness of this ability, ranging from whether the target is distracted to whether Jun is holding a weapon (or otherwise seem threatening).

Personality:
    Despite his esper ability, Jun is rather outgoing and leans on the talkative side. However, Jun does have a dislike of being stared at, resulting in extreme stage fright.

History:
    I'm thinking of making Jun a former (or maybe he's still a member?) psyche-hunter gang member.

I've been a long time fan of the To Aru series and I'm glad to see a game of it

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Greetings and welcome. It'll be nice to have some fresh blood around here. Regarding Jun: His power looks fine from a balance standpoint; However, it is very similar to that of an existing character. You might want to PM Keveak to see if they mind the overlap.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Doh! I was a bit worried about this, I still haven't gone through all the characters and materials yet. His ability is a bit too similar to Keveak's character for my own tastes, so back to the drawing board.

EDIT: If anyone has any suggestions for an esper power, let me know.
    Last edited by Monticularis; 2013-03-24 at 04:43 PM.