New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1334

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

You do believe that, in the sewers, you could indeed use that ritual, provided you replicate the circle exactly and get all the words 100% correct.

The sewers are alive with black tendrils that ooze a foul-smelling gas. They reach out past this room and seem to lead back to some central chamber in the skulks' base. A dark and twisted voice begins to emanate from all the tendrils at once.

You are not one of the priests. What brings you to my domain?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Decided to have a look at the high and mighty Shendrix plus I have a part of a Shadow creature on me but had never been around here so it felt disrespectful..." he says with a toying tone.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Toy with me at your own peril. Now state your business, mortal, or you will pay the price for trespassing.

Suddenly, a small flicker of flame appears at your shoulder and speaks with the Devourer's voice.

Hello, Shendrix. According to the pacts that bind us, I may inquire of you at any time how your current actions and goals will aid the White Lord's coming. You also insisted on an addendum that, should one not wish to directly visit the other on their home terrain, a properly designated proxy may be used. This one is my vessel, and he is my proxy. His questions are my own.

So, Drix, ready to see how the shoe feels on the other foot?

Despite how thin his voice is, there is no denying the satisfaction in his tone.

Suddenly, one of the black tendrils in front of you pulls away from the wall and writhes around until it has a vaguely humanoid shape with a tail that trails back to the central mass somewhere beyond.

"Very well, I shall speak with you, Vessel. Ask your questions." the shape says, a ragged mouth expelling rancid gasses opening and closing to form words.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #1054

"Oh... it seems this was easier than I thought... I guess I can ironic after all..." he murmurs but quickly becomes serious.

"You let an enemy of the clan come in here, discuss with you and take away a prisoner in body and in spirit. Why did you do that?"

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

"Because it furthered the purpose of the White Lord." Apparently, having to answer your questions directly doesn't mean it has to like being bound by the pact or answer as you'd prefer.

6. - Top - End - #1056

"Are the Shadow Spiders no longer the way for the White Lord to manifest to this reality? Is there a better suited group or individual?"

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

"No, but they have lost their exclusivity."

8. - Top - End - #1058

"Who or what is now also assisting in the bringing of the White Lord?"

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

"Why, the Blue-Hand clan's two most powerful dreamwalkers after you devoured or killed the other four. I have returned the blue goblin body and soul, but his mind is still mine. The other will actively hunt to bring me 50 souls. By the time their bargain is done, the vessel of Hizouchi will have done more for the cause than you, vessel of my counterpart. Such is not merely an advancement to our cause, but will set that damn serpent back a century."

Apparently, talking on this subject has Shendrix excited.

10. - Top - End - #1060

"Who is Hizouchi and who is his vessel? I did not realise the Blue Hand clan was also working for the White Lord"

"As for the serpents delay what does it matter in the Grand Scheme of things? The White Lord is close to appearing so why do you care to set the Serpent back?"

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

"I see your owner has kept you in the dark. Hizouchi is one of the younger siblings to a water god whose name we dare not speak. It is an ancient and powerful god who hunts the White Lord relentlessly across the cosmos and beyond. Hizouchi is making inroads to your world in an attempt to thwart the White Lord."

"The Blue Hands do not know it yet. As for your last question, I am not bound to answer that, as it does not directly relate to the coming of the White Lord."

"Now I have a question for you: do you actually intend to bring about the coming of the White Lord or do you seek to get close to the Devourer before slaying it?"

Be careful what you say, for the penalty for saying other than the truth is steep. the Devourer's voice whispers in your head.

12. - Top - End - #1062

"Oh? So I am bound to answer since I carry the Devourer? How quaint noone thought to answer me that before..." he responds annoyed.

"In any case, I do not think I can get closer to the devourer than be its vessel but I will still answer your question. I am but a vessel and a pawn, my wishes and intentions are irrelevant as a sway to the wind like a leaf pushed by the various gales. That is the fate of a tool." he says with a hint of smugness and sorrow.

"Is there a traitor in the midst of the Shadow Spiders? And you have to answe that by the way cause if there is, he might eventually damage the clan enough that they set back their own sacrificing." he explains.

"Oh and I do think my last question was relevant to His coming. Seeing as I am also part of this and I want to know and as you are by no means infallible, knowing all there is to know might help me in achieving my purpose."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

"Irrelevant or not, I asked of your intentions. Answer the question provided. Though you think it does not impact the matter, the truth is that it does. The pact does not bind me while you are in violation."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2013-02-04 at 03:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1064

"If thats how you are then I shall answer your question... seeing as you have made it into 2 parts yet one question my answer is yes." responds Ishmael.

"Now answer mine, the one you previously falsely declines to answer and the current one."

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

You can feel its irritation rising as a slimy feeling under your skin.

"Devourer, I expect you to introduce your vessel to proper etiquette in these matters before you send it back."

If it was human, you'd expect it to sigh in exasperation.

"Very well, mortal, I will humor you on the first one, but only to expedite this proceeding and not because it is required of me. The second one also shall I answer as you have come into compliance with the pact."

"It matters because the White Lord's plans are not something one achieves in a mere mortal lifetime. Furthermore, Hizouchi taking a century to recover his lost ground does not mean that it would have taken him a century to complete his task."

"With the Shadow Spider clan, there are traitors within traitors, and treachery conspires and betrays itself daily. The Shadow Spider himself is a betrayal of the ideals of the two clans before he joined them together through might of arms and black magic."

"How many souls have you actually devoured to help bring about the coming of the White Lord?"

16. - Top - End - #1066

"Interesting. Lets put it another way, is there someone in the Shadow Spiders working against the Shadow Spider, the leader of the clan then?" he asks.

For some reason the environment and the whole situation was keeping him down and he was unable to ask the questions he felt good provide as much help...

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure why but I am drawing blanks. I can imagine what a helpful resource this might be but I just cant formulate proper questions for this guy...

"So you say that perhaps unknowingly the Blue Hands are helping bring forth the Devourer? And this isnt the small bargain for 50 worthless souls that does it but something greater you expect to happen? Is there a Blue Hand I should spare then? Cause as you can imagine soon none of them will be among the living..."

"Oh and to answer your question... I need to count them out...

I had drained 4 high ranking Hobgoblins, 3 blue goblins, a fair amount of undead shades and souls and an earth elemental, a couple of murderers, a vampire and 2 Pelorite priests... there might be some more but I generally go for quality over quantity... the Cat can attest to this... the benefit of the method is that noone knows who I am and what I have been doing..."

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

"There are many and multiple conspiracies with such intent, but the last one to have committed actual betrayal chewed his own arm off, as this is a violation of their pact with me."

"These 50 souls are but the first step in a chain reaction that will sever that clan's ties with Hizouchi permanently. Your mortal mind is unable to predict out the outcomes like I am, but I have seen it. Without that serpent's aid, they will come to me willingly, in the end. That last question of yours is perhaps the only one worthy of mentioning so far. I ask you spare those signed with my symbol, as they have been consigned to me and poaching my souls does not aid in the White Lord's return. Also spare the blue hand necromancer Bennet, for his soul is mine should he default on our bargain, and having my counterpart force a default is in poor taste."

"I have satisfied myself that while you are an impertinent mortal, you are actually working towards the cause in your own way. Ask your last question, and then begone from my domain."

18. - Top - End - #1068

Ishmael considers that he has just heard and he smiles inwardly.

"Very well... should I meet him I will spare Bennet. Its good to know that it was indeed him..." he says.

"Before we go on to the last question I just want a clarification... you said you gave the blue hobgoblin body and soul but not mind. Does it mean he is useless to them? The reason I care for it is not pride... rather it has been to the warrens and has also realised I attacked it... I would hate for my identity to be unmasked by the Blue Hand Clan at this time... the whole idea was to ensure the Blue Hands thought the general skulk population responsible for the loss of the Blues..." he explains.

"As for the question... just so I know who and what to guard against. Is there something that they can do to stop us? Is there someone that works against us and you perceive he or she might succeed?"

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

"I possess its mind. It will think what I wish it to think."

"There is indeed a force that actively seeks to stop us, and they could indeed succeed, if allowed to gain a foothold. In one of the other realities the White Lord conquered, there was a water god of immense power there. Though the universe was taken, that god and its minions escaped the White Lord's grasp into an infinite in-between nether ocean. Ever since, that god has fought to stop the White Lord at every pass. While the great River Serpent himself refuses to leave his realm, he sends his younger siblings forth to cause chaos and havoc wherever they go, and to disrupt our plans to bring forth the White Lord's will."

20. - Top - End - #1070

"Very well. Thank you for the information. May He rise sooner, rather than later." he responds.

Ishmael steps back and closes his eyes. He focuses on the sensation he feels when he uses the cloak to jump from point to point and also the feeling he gets when he hides in the shadows even in plain sight... he hopes this will help him pass back to the real world.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

You find that your powers seem enhanced here, and you're able to jump ten times the distance through shadows, along with it being literally physically impossible to not be near shadows to hide in. However, you cannot directly sense a way out through this sense.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Ishmael smiles and looks around

Cat, how do we get out of here? And please dont make me bargain with your friend there...

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I can take you bodily to my realm, which would allow you to awaken through the dreamscape and re-enter your world. Or you could try to seek one of the natural conduits between the shadow plane and your own.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Lets try for the second option... I'd rather not have to fight you in the dreamscape again to wake up. Let me know if you sense something I dont...

And with that Ishmael will walk around comparing the two worlds, since he has been in both of them now and trying to figure out any 'shoals' that allow for passage to the other side.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Most everything seems to be a bleak and colorless duplicate of the material world, though a few details are off. However, writhing black tendrils seem to cover the walls of the sewers, which has significantly altered things in some places. Black shrines covered in profane writing dot most major intersections.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Ishmael will investigate those little shrines more and try to figure out if it is at those points that the shadows are 'lighter'.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

In fact, upon closer inspection, you feel that same slimy feeling you did when talking with Shendrix. It would appear that these shrines help anchor Shendrix to the sewers and extending his reach. You may have to leave the shadow sewers before you can find transit out of the plane of shadows.

28. - Top - End - #1078

Ishmael is happy he is realised as much and he heads out of the sewers towards a 'cleaner' part of town. Judging that out in the light of either the Old Town of Temple District he would have more success he moves to that direction, even careful of potential foes that reside in this plane.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    are you going to try to actively hide from things?

If so, I need the usual stealth rolls.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling hide? Wow, have not done that in a while!

(1d20+29)[38] - hide
    (1d20+27)[44] - move silently