New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out a way to justify all this that doesn't make the universe implode...
    What's there to justify? Here's what the timeline is:

(Early morning)
    Rainbow sends AIDA out to find Miss M
    Miss M finishes her conversation with Silverpine
    A little while later, AIDA finds Miss M and brings her to the med bay
    (hours pass)
    Taylor wakes up Sandy, and that's the current scene.

Basically, there will be two concurrent scenes with Taylor; one in the early morning with Miss M, and one in the afternoon with Sandy.

Makes sense?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, okay. I'll make some edits to my recent post and the previous to reflect that.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just so you know, Kelvin360, that's kind of godmodding in your last post.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Night Jewel, that mare seems exceptionally displeased with being sat on. You should probably get off her.

@Kelvin: Just don't forget Sandy in the present.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-02-19 at 09:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, relax. Blueshield's always cranky. Besides, if she wanted me off, she'd toss me off herself, wouldn't she?

Once I get some solvent for whatever you used, you will regret this.

Anyway, I decided to roll with Daniel's actions even if they technically are against roleplay rules since, as I mentioned, setbacks can be interesting. I sincerely hope I don't regret this.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2013-02-19 at 09:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Oh, relax. Blueshield's always cranky. Besides, if she wanted me off, she'd toss me off herself, wouldn't she?

Once I get some solvent for whatever you used, you will regret this.

Anyway, I decided to roll with Daniel's actions even if they technically are against roleplay rules since, as I mentioned, setbacks can be interesting. I sincerely hope I don't regret this.
    Still, it'd be a good reminder that god-modding is generally frowned upon.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Still, it'd be a good reminder that god-modding is generally frowned upon.
    Exactly.

While it may feel cooler to talk about how the hammer-blows fall upon your opponent like a midsummer's rain, you're better off saying that you try to launch your attack, rather than describing it hit.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we talking about the throwing of a brick into the legs of a target that has their back turned by a master archer, the forward propulsion of which virtually guarantees a free dodge?

Or the part where I specifically said he is 'in preparation' to crash tackle her, rather than 'connecting'?

I'm really less concerned that I'm being accused of god-modding and more concerned that Night Jewel thinks Daniel the mid-level experienced adventurer is such an idiot that she's allowing herself to go flat-footed.

An edit for further explanation:

How...exactly, is it possible for her to dodge a projectile she can't even see coming, much less one thrown by someone like Daniel, who's trained longer than she's been alive specifically not to miss? That's my main problem. I'll go and edit my post for the sake of avoiding an argument, but I'm just...bemused, I guess.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-02-19 at 11:31 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meanwhile, Blueshield never got clarification on whether she could actually at least notice the dark army. It can't be that easy to hide a force that big, can it? At the very least, the effort to hide it might be conspicuous.
    They're in a valley and there's magical wards making illusions and cloaking them from being spotted by outsiders, it wouldn't be as conspicuous when it's hidden from the surrounding mountains, so she would need to get inside the warded area........ Which is very heavily patrolled and monitored by wards too, they don't really want their enemies to know that they're exactly there, which is one of the reasons of the entire assasination attempts: to kill the last survivors and negate any possibility from the town to learn where exactly is the valley until they strip it of all ore and don't have to hide anything of value in that spot. It may not be the greatest idea for her to do that, she would be in a place with a high chance of being spotted and if she is she will be hunted a lot.

Also, waiting for Phex on the alley part before posting again.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-02-19 at 11:30 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we talking about the throwing of a brick into the legs of a target that has their back turned by a master archer, the forward propulsion of which virtually guarantees a free dodge?

Or the part where I specifically said he is 'in preparation' to crash tackle her, rather than 'connecting'?

I'm really less concerned that I'm being accused of god-modding and more concerned that Night Jewel thinks Daniel the mid-level experienced adventurer is such an idiot that she's allowing herself to go flat-footed.

How...exactly, is it possible for her to dodge a projectile she can't even see coming, much less one thrown by someone like Daniel, who's trained longer than she's been alive specifically not to miss? That's my main problem. I'll go and edit my post for the sake of avoiding an argument, but I'm just...bemused, I guess.
    For starters, having a completely unavoidable attack is already overstepping your bounds. Even when Flare uses her super-magic to fling huge rocks around, I give other players some way to stay safe even if it seems contrived. Second, if he were picking up the brick, she would probably have time to react, and she's not quite letting her guard down.

I think it's for the best if I keep my post the way it is, but I never want to see you try this kind of thing again. I think we're all agreed that it's unfair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    They're in a valley and there's magical wards making illusions and cloaking them from being spotted by outsiders, it wouldn't be as conspicuous when it's hidden from the surrounding mountains, so she would need to get inside the warded area........ Which is very heavily patrolled and monitored by wards too, they don't really want their enemies to know that they're exactly there, which is one of the reasons of the entire assasination attempts: to kill the last survivors and negate any possibility from the town to learn where exactly is the valley until they strip it of all ore and don't have to hide anything of value in that spot. It may not be the greatest idea for her to do that, she would be in a place with a high chance of being spotted and if she is she will be hunted a lot.
    Not again. Look, why do you have to make things completely impossible for my characters?

I'm not giving up on this. She's going to find them even if she has to fight her way out. I've given too much in this storyline, and I deserve a chance to take as well. You're not taking away the little bit of effectiveness I can have.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2013-02-20 at 12:28 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1421

It's not ineffectiveness to your characters, it's ineffectiveness to pretty much everyone, anyone goes inside and they may find a VERY large army with ballista turrets all over the place, she goes in and all the everything would fire on her, and if she escapes there would be an entire squadron in hot pursuit until she reaches town.

I's not strength against your characters (except the energy shield thing, because Night Jewel is a nuke to them), this is pretty much one of the plot's sensitive points and was done along Mindfreak, possibly even before Blueshield existed
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-02-20 at 12:41 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Dwarf in the Playground

And don't you think being completely impervious to everyone is going just a mite too far?

I think we should get a third party's opinion on this situation. It's hard to think clearly when you're as frustrated and angry as I am right now. I'd rather this be resolved by someone acting calmly and rationally than by a battle of stubbornness.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

For starters, having a completely unavoidable attack is already overstepping your bounds. Even when Flare uses her super-magic to fling huge rocks around, I give other players some way to stay safe even if it seems contrived. Second, if he were picking up the brick, she would probably have time to react, and she's not quite letting her guard down.

I think it's for the best if I keep my post the way it is, but I never want to see you try this kind of thing again. I think we're all agreed that it's unfair to me.

Not again. Look, why do you have to make things completely impossible for my characters?

I'm not giving up on this. She's going to find them even if she has to fight her way out. I've given too much in this storyline, and I deserve a chance to take as well. You're not taking away the little bit of effectiveness I can have.
    It's not ineffectiveness to your characters, it's ineffectiveness to pretty much everyone, anyone goes inside and they may find a VERY large army with ballista turrets all over the place, she goes in and all the everything would fire on her, and if she escapes there would be an entire squadron in hot pursuit until she reaches town.

I's not strength against your characters (except the energy shield thing, because Night Jewel is a nuke to them), this is pretty much one of the plot's sensitive points and was done along Mindfreak, possibly even before Blueshield existed
    Woah. I sense a storm brewing.

I'll just say this: in an FFRP, there is no such thing as unavoidable. Sure, you qualify your attack by saying probably unavoidable 99% of the time, but you can only control the actions that your character take and only that. It is up to the other player to say whether or not the attack succeeded. In the disputed example, Kelvin outright stated that a brick hit Night Jewel's leg without so much even giving Night Jewel a chance to react. That's really a no-no in terms of FFRP etiquette. Although this has led to seemingly "perfect defenses" in the past, for most part, it has served us in good stead. Please keep this rule in mind every time you react to another PC.

@Purity
    I know you're frustrated at the current state of affairs at the moment, demanding that you be given something is kinda rude as well. I sympathise, honestly, but maybe find another way to contribute? I'm sure Blueshield has other ways to find the army. (Maybe spotting an outrider or a scout, to which he can deduce the approximate location of the army.)

@Luka
    I hope you have a clear idea what you intend to do from this point forward.

EDIT: Remind me again, why is this a plot sensitive point? I'd much rather spoil the whole planned surprise and work out the kinks beforehand than to deal with a potentially game-derailing surprise and having clean up later.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-02-20 at 01:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Very well. Grif, your compromise sounds reasonable. I apologize for my aggression; I'm just so tired of having to watch my characters fail again and again. I want to do something right.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Hoo boy. Guess I got insomnia tonight for a reason.

Going down the line here:

@Luka: What Grif said. You can have the main camp be warded, but that doesn't mean that Blueshield can't do anything. I would argue that PCs should always be able to do something. Even if that 'something' is hide in the bushes as they watch a massive column of soldiers march by, at least then they can get a glimpse of the strength of the enemy they're dealing with. If you get stuck trying to think of something for a PC to do with respect to your army, please post here so we can discuss it. If we'd known that was the case, we probably could've come up with this compromise long ago.

@Purity: I see where you're coming from, and I do apologize that things have been frustrating for you. I'll do what I can to ensure this doesn't keep happening. As for right now, Kelvin edited Daniel's actions to show him just throwing the brick, and not Night Jewel getting hit if you'd like to edit your actions. In the future, should you find yourself getting frustrated, please let me know. Pseudo-DM for a reason and all that.

@Kelvin: See previous post and Grif's as well.

@Grif: Keep dispensing wisdom whilst I slumber.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-02-20 at 02:46 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

@Benson: edits you asked for made.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #1427

I'm not saying she can't, I'm saying she shouldn't, sure, one would peek inside, but if done then there's a 90% chance of being spotted, fired at with every weapon in range, and pursued by a lot of troopers just because it's another one who knows where they are, which risks the whole isolation point and would let Luna know exactly where they are. Also that it would accelerate the whole siege thing to two days or so, sure it starts a lot more active things (blockading roads to the town, hit-and-run attacks, more chaos, etc) but affects a lot more negatively to everyone's stuff.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not saying she can't, I'm saying she shouldn't, sure, one would peek inside, but if done then there's a 90% chance of being spotted, fired at with every weapon in range, and pursued by a lot of troopers just because it's another one who knows where they are, which risks the whole isolation point and would let Luna know exactly where they are. Also that it would accelerate the whole siege thing to two days or so, sure it starts a lot more active things (blockading roads to the town, hit-and-run attacks, more chaos, etc) but affects a lot more negatively to everyone's stuff.
    I know you want to make sure other PCs don't get hurt unnecessarily, but I think you might want to just go with the flow for a bit and see how the dice lands. Let the other players decide how far they wish to risk their PCs.

In any case, how about the compromise I suggested? I don't believe such a large army wouldn't station a few sentry/scouts around the camp.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Uh.... Well, fair enough

Yeah, there would be sentries around, so maybe she would get a chance against a patrol regular guards and maybe one or two armored guys, 5, 7 or 10 mooks, would it be a fair fight against a PC?
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Uh.... Well, fair enough

Yeah, there would be sentries around, so maybe she would get a chance against a patrol regular guards and maybe one or two armored guys, 5, 7 or 10 mooks, would it be a fair fight against a PC?
    Probably not all at once, but that's why it's Blueshield's job to figure out a way to turn the situation to her advantage.

I'd say a patrol of 5-7 would be good, but I'll let Purity chime in here on what he'd prefer.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I see where you're coming from, and I do apologize that things have been frustrating for you. I'll do what I can to ensure this doesn't keep happening. As for right now, Kelvin edited Daniel's actions to show him just throwing the brick, and not Night Jewel getting hit if you'd like to edit your actions. In the future, should you find yourself getting frustrated, please let me know. Pseudo-DM for a reason and all that.
    Thank you. I know how supportive you can be after that time I almost quit FO:E, so I'll be sure to let you know if I have more problems.

Anyway, the Daniel issue is semi-resolved for now. I'm taking the pain. I may have a second good character taken out of action, but at least it's not trying to forcibly kill them off.

Uh.... Well, fair enough

I think a group of about 5 would be most reasonable. Unlike some other Robin Hoods, she's not a one-pony army.

I might as well be, what with how competent the assistance I have managed to procure is.

You stay out of this, Blueshield. You're the character, not the player.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

Benson, when do we start the inevitable sappy date between Gear and Silverpine, now that this adventure is out of the way?

EDIT: After some discussion, Benson and I think that it might be best if we do a mini timeskip forward. Maybe a few days or a week. As far as I know, the only thing still ongoing is the aftermath from the alleyway, the clinic (which should be wrapped up soon) and the schoolhouse. (Tyrol/Staccata/Grills misadventure notwithstanding, but I think we can also move that to the Misc Adventure).

EDIT2:
    Past Grills

The suave fire stallion sipped his wine and said. "Come in." He had nothing to fear at the moment.

Future Grills

The suave fire stallion sipped his wine and said. "Come in." He had nothing to fear at the moment.
    You sly dog.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-02-21 at 10:00 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

I wasn't entirely sure, so I thought I should ask. The griffon's 'We should talk' is directed at Thunderbolt, right? Or is it a guard?

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Firbolg in the Playground

I wasn't entirely sure, so I thought I should ask. The griffon's 'We should talk' is directed at Thunderbolt, right? Or is it a guard?
    At Thunderbolt
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #1435

So here's the thing:
    I have a large tournament today. So I'll be practicing a lot(it's for cash so I need the practice against other decks). I really want to do well today, especially since I came in 2nd at both of my Friday Night Magics yesterday.
    I'll try my best to pop off some posts where they're needed today. I'm sorry if I don't get around to it.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So here's the thing:
    I have a large tournament today. So I'll be practicing a lot(it's for cash so I need the practice against other decks). I really want to do well today, especially since I came in 2nd at both of my Friday Night Magics yesterday.
    I'll try my best to pop off some posts where they're needed today. I'm sorry if I don't get around to it.
    I didn't go to Game Day, Too busy and my Gruul Aggro deck needs to be about 20% cooler. More Pinkie Pie's Partytime (Hellriders).
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Grif, I will get my post in, in Misc Adventures when I get home tonight, just in case yer wondering.
    --

Also, I'mma have Balboa wrap up his day and move in onto the next day in Misc adventures to sync with fox, lone star and icy. So if you want, Halftangible, you can wrap up the Hay Bale/red Shift thing.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Grif, I will get my post in, in Misc Adventures when I get home tonight, just in case yer wondering.
    --

Also, I'mma have Balboa wrap up his day and move in onto the next day in Misc adventures to sync with fox, lone star and icy. So if you want, Halftangible, you can wrap up the Hay Bale/red Shift thing.
    Wokay. I suspected you had something big planned.

EDIT: Could I get a recap of where everypony is now? I kinda lost track with the long hiatus.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-02-25 at 08:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    EDIT: Could I get a recap of where everypony is now? I kinda lost track with the long hiatus.
    Sandy is crying over his...well, everything in the medbay.

@Mindfreak: Could we get an answer to what I was asking about the wedding stuff? It'd help my planning immensely if I knew what you were expecting from the event.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night Jewel is in the Cirrus, being brought to Taylor.

Blades is in her shoppe and bored. Were she able to move, this would be a very bad thing.

Flare is also at the metalworking shoppe, and significantly more patient.

Blueshield is waiting for the encounter with the dark army's scouts.