New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: The Metropole's Dark Rising

The Flaws allowed and be found in the link here:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/3.5e_Flaws

But remember, you must have my approval before selecting your character flaw, and any flaw choosen may come back right at you.
    Last edited by Kevinho; 2012-07-01 at 10:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

i forgot to subscribe!

gonna read it all now

here's Lacko the Lucky my PC: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=414866

Spoiler
    Show

short version: Lacko is extermely lucky sorcerrer and recives lots of good things with no effort. A hard-working and eternelly suffering wizzard, Taban, hates that fortuitous lifestyle. One day lacko's luck and Taban's misery were so extreme that Taban tried to kill Lacko.

longe version:
    Unlike many metropolitans, Lacko is not a daring adventurer full of skill honed over the years with rash training and challanging life-risking threats. In fact, any sucess form his life allways came from dumb luck.

Sorcerry? pure luck. Lacko has never really diverted much attention or effort to it after he manges to learn a new spell with ease. Yet he trusts his magic is strong and will help him out of a million troubles he get himself into.

Lacko has an easy life. good things simply happen to him! He usually gains gold by betting, loterry, or just finding a heavy purse lost int the street. Then he spends it all unwisely to find himself in the street shortly thereafter. He hardly had to make any effort at all at any point of his life. Good things just happen to him.

Of course, this causes the fiercest of jelousy form some poeple, specialy Taban the Rising Wizzard. Taban had a rought life at all times, with all kinds od adversities falling on him. He studies hard to become a good wizzard, tries hard to have good contacts and works hard to get money to buy supper and pay rent. Yet he allways bumps on Lacko, to find the sorcerrer efortlessly living a far better life then himself. this pissed Taban to no end.

Until one day Lacko, just after winning a huge bet with a large load of money he found on the floor, gained the heart and smiles of a fair lady just by weaving at her. Obviously, the money originally belonged to Taban. Taban also courted the lady for months on end to no avail. Taban was on the loser side of the bet... that day, it was too much. Taban tried to kill Lacko and nearly made it, had the militia not arrived just in time.

flaw: lazy. -4 on climb and jump
    Last edited by Beschoren; 2012-07-01 at 11:42 PM.
    Playing:
    Shoe, the make-belive gun dealer
    Akira, the psichyc warrior

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=418050

Still have to finish writing the background but the character sheet is pretty much ready.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

there's a good rule that i use with my school friends that is to put 7 bonus points. and, then, put the respective number that have that bonus with 3 pars and 3 odds (otherwise people would put all odds).
    the game gets very balanced and is very easy/dummieproof
    Gaelam, the dragonbaner archer.

Tellia, duskblade elf

5. - Top - End - #35

Beholder

I don't think I've understood.

6. - Top - End - #36

Beholder

Okay, I know everyone is too excited and can't wait for the game to begin. So I'll start it tomorrow.

I'll make just a few more npc's today and by tonight or tomorrow I'll be posting.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, here I am. Just as Chimaera said, I'll be the team's brutal striker. Say hello to Zugurosh, the Ruthless one.

By th way, I'm excited to start.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belonging to an unknown and possibly otherwise extinct breed of Goliaths, Zugurosh is pure power. It is said that Zugurosh was responsible for the destruction of his own family - and nobody knows why, since he never talks about it. He is the last survivor of countless battles that mirrored the demonic version of the 'survival of the fittest' phrase.

His massive, heavy body is just one huge mass of moving muscles. There is no place for finesse in his body full of sheer strength. What he lacks in skill, he easily makes up with raw power. This aeon-old creature has served many Giant masters in his wretched life and he was present at many of the greatest triumphs of his cruel masters (an ancient Giant family called as: The Groundshakers).

These Giants often employed the rather simple-minded Zugurosh for banal tasks as there is no known Goliath at their disposal that matches him in strength. As long as there is something to kill, Zugurosh is absolutely loyal to his masters, but if there's not, they would be for sure in troubles. This loyalty and his lack of ambition - apart from slaughter and killing - used to makes him one of the preferred servants of the Giants.

He was the perfect tool to keep lesses Goliaths and others smaller creatures in line and does not mind to use his strength to fulfil some smaller tasks that might be at hand. By the way, considering his brutal strenght, there were no apparently reason for him stay as a Groundshakers' slave for this long - just his own will or self interest (nobody would say). Rumors said that Zugurosh has earned the "Ruthless" title from his masters because he cheated them after to get they trust - stealing an artefact (MUST TALK TO MASTER ABOUT IT LATER) from them -, other way, that he earned from all other Goliaths of his clan because he killed his own parents.

In his journey at this world, Zugurosh made lot of enemies (since youngest Goliaths of his erst almost-extinct clan - who listen about his history - and older ones - who lived on that cruel ages -, to the Groundshaker ancient Giants). Lot of mysteries hover around Zugurosh, but there's a thing that everbody could say, just by looking at him: there's something on deep of his soul that makes mostly of knowed-creatures avoid to look at his eyes; something about his past provokes true shudders only for staying more than a minute by his side.

Hope you enjoy; I'll be waiting for my well-made background's prize, haha.
    Last edited by Serafan; 2012-07-07 at 01:50 AM.
    "Lot of mysteries hover around Zugurosh, but there's a thing that everbody could say, just by looking at him: there's something on deep of his soul that makes mostly of knowed-creatures avoid to look at his eyes; something about his past provokes true shudders only for staying more than a minute by his side."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Kevinho, would be nice if you paste all the player's sheets on the mainly thread's post. Even if someone die, you could use the [s]---[/s] tag to show that; like on the sample:

Last edited by Serafan; 2012-07-07 at 01:55 AM.
    "Lot of mysteries hover around Zugurosh, but there's a thing that everbody could say, just by looking at him: there's something on deep of his soul that makes mostly of knowed-creatures avoid to look at his eyes; something about his past provokes true shudders only for staying more than a minute by his side."

9. - Top - End - #39

Beholder

The whole group know each other and know about each other's background. You all are friends because none of you could survive solo.

One day you were all in a tavern of the suburb, some of you talking, others drinking when Mastor [Piruca] heard a story that was absolutely interesting.

"Well my friend, you know I know many things" said a partially drunk man to Mastor, "Do you see those two?" pointing his finger to Lacko and Omar, "I can tell you something very interesting about them, but don't tell them, ok?" said the drunk one.

Mastor paid another beer to the man and promised not to tell them about his story, the now-drunk man thanks him and keep telling his story.

"I heard that Taban and the Wizard's school made an agreement and will try to catch them by tonight or tomorrow night, so I think they'll have a horrobly death" the drunk man makes a big burp and continue "I think they're hiring the Zacanistro Assassin's Guild, so void walk around them until they die or you could get involved"

After that, the drunk man goes out to pee and Mastro call all the group together to talk to them. Mastro tell everyone the story and now you have knowledge of what's about to happen.

As the night comes, you all get very nervous. A bunch of thug men enter into the tavern and started to drink, anyone of you can make a Knowledge (Local) or Bardic knowledge check to see if you get any information.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Omar Ginal is a ex-student of magic and wizardry at the Arcane Academy of Metropole. He specialized in Transmution magic and was studying a way to weave the magic energy of universe to create a magic tread that would make his spells more powerful. But to get acess to such knowledge, he had to get in some forbidden scrolls, and the only way to reach them was to get a group of thieves (probably the party) and used his knowledge about the Academy's security to make the theft and left with a bounty in his head.

He also stole lots of scrolls of Transmutation spells to add to his own spell book. He's now part of the gang and is being hunted down by the Arcane Academy for his crimes, but since there was something of illegal of the scrolls, the Academy is acting behind the law to get them back.

Since he always hid behind big guys to protect him, the cowardly Omar is now member of the gang and use his spellcasting to raise the power of his fellow criminals.

Omar Ginal.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Knowledge (Local):
    (1d20+11)[18]
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Since I've no bardic's knowledge and knowing my lack of inteligence, I'll not roll the dice. In answer, I'll use my turn walking into bartender's direction - apparently to buy a drink -, in reason to stay in the half way, between us and the thugs (acting perfectly normal, just paying attention on their moves).

With this move, I'll stay on their back if someone of their group cross the corridors heading to our table.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Omar's Preared Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prepared Spells:
    0: Message (2), Mage Hand (1), Open/Close (1), Amanuensis (1), Detect Magic (1);
    1: Enlarge Person (1), Reduce Person (1), Mage Armor (1), Shield (1), Benign Transposition (2);
    2: Invisibility (1), Bull's Strenght (1), Snake's Swiftness (2).

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Small background:
    Mastur, the Bard is the wayward child of a prominent aristocrat, Lord Sabin. His lack of respect for his father and authorities in general caused him to be expelled from his house and exclude from his father will. There are some rumors that Mastur seduced one of his father's favorite concubine and this was the straw that broke the camel's back, causing him to be cast away from his family.

Back to the tavern:
    Mastur concentrates for a moment to see if he can recall anything useful about this ambush.

Knowledge (local):
    (1d20+9)[11]
    Last edited by Piruca; 2012-07-08 at 06:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Beholder

All of a sudden, a big light coming from the sky lights two of you, and this light takes them for the heavens.

But everyone seems to doesn't care about it. The whole group decided to doesn't make a big deal of it.

Now the group is formed by 7, not 9. The two taken didn't even subscribed to my campaign and that's why they are removed from the group.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Lacko the lucky is a lazy, unskilled and untalented sorcerrer whose only positive feature is his incredible luck. It's rather unverving how many good things - finding money in the ground, cross a lust-driven beatifull woman in the middle of the night, be mistaken by someone else when it's apropriate - happen to such a undeserving person as himself. SO unverving that he gained the enmity of a hard-working wizzard - Taban - to the point he tried to assassinate Lacko. Luckly, Lacko survived the attempt.

Lacko wears no armor and keeps close to himself a glavie most of the time. He's not so good at sorcery but a bit hardier than most spellcasters.

At the moment, he's just drinking his wine with Omar - a buddy, if you will - sharing stories and complaining about the weather. And waiting for something fortunate to happen.
    Playing:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Forgot to roll Bardic Knowledge, here it goes:

(1d20+8)[25]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

small backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pédimesa was an orphan boy in some western big city. He grows up between the very best of the slum, learning how to surviving without honor and fame. After some bad decision have left him quasy dead in a back alley, he decided to left this way of life and jumped in a circus. He likes to play cards and lift the weight of unprotected purses.

This ale taste like dust. Nothing in this dustown seems to be worth a piece of copper. Hey, barmen, do you have something interesting to tell to us? Some lordling with too many gold pieces to care about if one or two went missing?

19. - Top - End - #49

Beholder

Both Mastur and Omar recognized the guys as members of Zacanistro Assassin's Guild. They are 8 guys, and you can't tell how any of them fight.

Some has weapons, and others don't. They seem to just to be talking nonsense stuff and drinking. Will any of you do anything about or may I step to the next action?

Your call
    Last edited by Kevinho; 2012-07-09 at 05:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Matheuzinho asked me to wait a little
    He have his final exam tomorrow or so, and is studying for the win.
    Can you not bolt him with a Divine Lightning or something?
    He's to be the party healer and withou a healer we'll be in big problems.
    He doesnt known how to use the forum yet, but his character is already done and his background too.

Zafarius

His background (at least how much i remember, may change when he appears):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zafarius was a very bolado cleric and was a dedicated healer of the Sun Church of Pelor. One of Archbishop of Pelor liked him very much and even though he wasnt the mightiest cleric there, but he always told him he was pure to one of the four principles of Pelor's teachings (healing in this case) and would one day become an archbishop just like him. But such admiration from the arcbishop toward a level 3 bolado cleric made some people jealous.
    One day, the secret inteligency force of the Sun Church of Pelor, called the Shadows of Pelor (clerics, paladns and worshippers of Pelor who go out unnamed and infiltrate evil association and root all evil in the domains of Pelor's eye and spies who look for evil spies around the church) began to notice strange things surrounding this archbishop and began investigating Zafarius as a possible turncloak or evil cleric inside the Church of Sun, but failed to notice the true enemy: the best of Zafarius, who was indeed a cleric of an evil god of an anciant goddess of night called Segilune (the mother of the Hag's) trying to steal one relic from the Church of Sun and kill the Archbishop in the process.
    The night before the death of the Archbishop, Zafarius was summoned to his chambers and the Archbishop told him that someone was trying to kill him and he saw Pelor in his praying saying that "no cleric of the sun should be walking in shadows and in dire times only the faithful should be called true believers of the sun's god, and he also said you are a chosen of the sun", and after that he gave him a relic of the church: a Sun Shard of Pelor, saying then "Pelor’s gift, which I carry into darkness—a sun that never sets.", and asked him to leave and to "be aware of the shadows".
    Zafarius left with the relic, and the next day the archbishop was dead, his friend was saved and remain inside the Church of Sun and the Shadow of Pelor are now hunting the wrong man for the wrong reasons. This cleric found the group after a Shadow tried to kill him in a back alley. Since then he joined the gang as long we don't do anyhthing much evil.

The prize he's asking is the relic: The Sun Shard of Pelor (Complete Divine pg. 101) and a bonus feat: True Believer, in exchange of having two archrivals: the Shadows of Pelor and the cleric of Segilune.
    NOTE: he can't even use it yet, so it will be a prize only after 11 level or so.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-07-09 at 04:48 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

ElfRangerGuy

sorry if i'm not doing nothing of my life besides playing pokerstars and dedwiki all day long.

i make some thougth in the background of my duskblade man and i decide that:

Spoiler
    Show
    I had a beatiful and pacific live in my uncles kingdom. I was training to be a swordsman. My father and I were the only blood parents my uncle had, because a bear ate his testicules and part of his manhood in a royal hunt.
    My father was always envy about all the atention his brother had after their dad's death. He, Laurencian, the shadowy (my father), killed my uncle (Lothirian, the picles) in his 17th birthday of been king. I loved them both, and witnessed all the epic fight from the mighty knight Lothirian and the duskblade Laurencian.
    My uncle was better with his sword, but as Laurencian was proficient in sword and the arcane, it had an overall advantage. Amused with all that great power beeing unleshed, I didn't react. I only watched all happening. My father destroyed the sword his brother used in 2 pieces with some magic i couldn't understand at the time.
    One of piece stopped at my side. I react immediatily knowing the end that my uncle would have in that unespected fight and grabbed the sword piece by my side. My hand burned by the heat, but nevertheless i ran alway only hearing my uncle:
    "arghhhh"

I escaped to the neighbor kingdom and when i realize, i was in this metropolis. I don't have much, but half Laurencian sword. I started studying all the runes it had, but didn't had any success in that, but had sucess in mantaining a net of information of loyal allies from my original kingdom.
    I have changed the way i was training and started the duskblade art of fighting so on day i can hope to defeat my father.

Each month, loyal allies send me information from the activity from the kingdom. Besides that, i know that my father put a prize in the sword piece i have and the head from whom guard her. After surviving an elven ambush, i found the rest of the players and joined them as a combatant.
    Last edited by negochops; 2012-07-09 at 07:05 PM.

Tellia, duskblade elf

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll just wait and see what happens. No actions for now.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Lacko jsut keeps on drinking and talking with his friend
    Playing:

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Omar will just keep talking and will wait to see what is going to happen.

25. - Top - End - #55

ElfRangerGuy

Tellia talk to the gang people (look how bad are we, a gang from michael jackson's Bad album clips) to We should fight better in the outside. Let's go outside very quietly

Tellia, duskblade elf

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Omar will go to the bathroom and will cast a Mage Armor and will then go back to the table.
    "So guys, let's take a walk?, and then he call the party to follow him to the streets and then to some dead end and will wait to see if the assassin's will follow to ambush them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prepared Spells:
    0: Message (2), Mage Hand (1), Open/Close (1), Amanuensis (1), Detect Magic (1);
    1: Enlarge Person (1), Reduce Person (1), Mage Armor (0), Shield (1), Benign Transposition (2);
    2: Invisibility (1), Bull's Strenght (1), Snake's Swiftness (2).
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-07-10 at 02:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Beholder

Since only two posted and the healer is not in the game yet, I'll wait till tomorrow to proceed

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"eh?" Lacko is unsure of the meaning of the commotion "what's the rush? oh well" and prepares to leave with Omar, leaving his nearly empty mug on the table

(not: changed a spell i know: lost blades of blood to gain burning blade. reason: burning blade lasts an entire round, not a single strike.)
    Playing:

29. - Top - End - #59

Beholder

As you go out of the tavern, you have only time to position youn and you see them all coming out of the tavern. you don't have enough time to plan anything else.

"well, well, well, it seems you already know about us. We were expecting that. We need to kill only two of you, but if the rest will make it harder, then we will kill all of you"

Initiative by group:
    You: (1d20+1)[17]
    Them: (1d20+3)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

Legend:
    You are the BLUE TEAM:

a - Pedro
    b - Milke
    c - Brose
    d - Rich
    e - Andre
    f - Bohrer
    g - Kunzler

They are the RED TEAM:

a- Unnarmed blind guy
    b- Energy green blade guy
    c- Morning Star dude
    d- Enraged dude
    e- Cunning guy
    f- Unnarmed guy
    g- Crossbow guy
    h- Another unnarmed guy
    Last edited by Kevinho; 2012-07-11 at 10:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, as we won the initiative - unexplanable, haha -, its sounds smarter to wait untill our mages and bards act.

Anyway, I guess then Unnarmed Blind Guy, will have a nice DEX (a monk maybe) and poor CON, so, I think he will be my mainly target, since I've the best hit of our group.

I'll pick up my Gianthammer and looking to the blinded one, will say: It was a truly bad day to walk out home... How unfortunated guy, I couldn't imagine how do you feel, since you will not see the face of your death!