New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Shao Kahn As A Dungeons And Dragons Big Bad!!!

Shao Kahn is an interesting enemy. An extra-dimensional warlord with sorcery and superhuman strength, with Sorcerers and other exceptional warriors beneath him. So I was thinking, what if Shao Kahn were a part of the Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etcetera, based settings?

What if he led an invasion from Outworld, and Ao could not interfere, against Faerun? As one scenario?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Shao Kahn As A Dungeons And Dragons Big Bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Shao Kahn is an interesting enemy. An extra-dimensional warlord with sorcery and superhuman strength, with Sorcerers and other exceptional warriors beneath him. So I was thinking, what if Shao Kahn were a part of the Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etcetera, based settings?

What if he led an invasion from Outworld, and Ao could not interfere, against Faerun? As one scenario?
    So Shao Kahn: Half Fiend Monk/Sorceror 15th/12th?

Ao wouldn't be the only one missing since it would take most of the pantheons either allied with him or imprisoned to prevent them interferring and then there's the matter of what era you're using and what Elminster does in response!

Greyhawk might be easier, I did say might since its been a while since I played in that setting but Mordenkainen and the Circle of 8 and maybe even Iuz or the Egg might have something to say about that!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

How about instead of an outright invasion, he has his castle appear, and declares mortal combat. It isnt held like normal, no tournament, instead, due to the differing rules of this reality, a team of adventurers has to enter the castle and fight their way to the top, eventually facing shao khan himself to decide if he gets booted out of that realm or not. Im picturing a fiend heavy collection of mook encounters, with his lieutenants being the minibosses of each wing/floor.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    How about instead of an outright invasion, he has his castle appear, and declares mortal combat. It isnt held like normal, no tournament, instead, due to the differing rules of this reality, a team of adventurers has to enter the castle and fight their way to the top, eventually facing shao khan himself to decide if he gets booted out of that realm or not. Im picturing a fiend heavy collection of mook encounters, with his lieutenants being the minibosses of each wing/floor.
    I would so play in that campaign.
    I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

stealing this!

Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I think the only way to truly represent Shao Kahn as a D&D boss is through pure DM fiat. No stats, no character classes, just NO HE JUST ATTACKS YOU, AND YOU CAN'T DODGE, AND YOUR SHIELD DOES NOTHING, AND HE'S STILL ATTACKING YOU AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO, LOL YOU'RE DEAD NOW TRY AGAIN HAHA HE'S STANDING OVER YOUR RUINED CORPSE LAUGHING.