New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Demacia! (League of Legends Prcs/Miscellany - PEACH)

Cho'Gath and Kog'Maw plz? =D

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmmm. Voidling wording is difficult.

Every 4 abilities granted by this class (Null Zone, Malefic Visions, Call of the Void, Nether Grasp) used by the Prophet of the Void summons a Voidling. The voidling lasts 6 rounds after it is summoned. The Prophet of the Void may have up to two voidlings summoned at the same time. Voidlings act on the Prophet's initiative, but are not directly under his control.

The Voidling must attack those its creator perceives as foes to the best of its ability. It must attack the nearest creature currently affected by Malefic Visions (determine randomly if several potential foes are equidistant) and fight that opponent. If no creatures are affected by Malefic Visions, the Voidling instead attacks the nearest enemy. The voidling must remain within 100 feet of the Prophet at all times; if the Prophet or Voidling move more than 100 feet apart at any time, the Voidling immediately teleports to the Prophet's location.
    Voidlings are incapable of using skills other than Balance, Swim, Climb, and Jump.
    Two rounds after being summoned, the Voidling grows to medium size, gaining a +6 size bonus to strength, a +4 size bonus to Constitution, a -2 size penalty to dexterity, an increase in the damage of its natural weapons, and a +4 size bonus to natural armor, as well as losing the +1 to hit, +4 hide, and +1 AC from the small size.
    Four rounds after being summoned, the voidling becomes enraged, and may make an extra bite attack each round at its full BAB, as part of any attack action.
    (I recommend creating cards to represent the various stages of voidling advancement. As much as possible, I have minimized statistical advancement, so levelling up the voidling should be a simple matter of +6/7 hp, +1 to hit, +1/2 saves, +1 natural armor, +1 SR)
    Six rounds after being summoned, the voidling perishes, melting into a rapidly disappearing puddle of black goo.
    Voidlings have hit dice (and correspondingly, 1d8+2 hp, +1 BAB, and improved saves) equal to the Prophet's level in this class, and half his level in other classes. They do not gain feats or skill points, as mindless creatures. For ease of bookkeeping, they do not gain stat points on level up. Voidlings have Natural Armor equal to their hit dice, and spell resistance equal to their hit dice +10.
    The voidling below was created as for a Wizard 5/Prophet of the Void 1
    Voidling:
    Small Outsider (Void)
    3d8+6 HD (20 hp)
    Speed 30 ft
    Initiative +3 (irrelevant)
    AC 17, Flatfooted 14, Touch 14 (1 size, 3 natural, 3 dexterity)
    14 str, 16 dex, 14 con, - int, 2 wis, 2 cha
    Fort +5 Reflex +7 Will -1
    Immune to Mind Affecting, Darkvision 60 ft, SR 13.
    Attack: Bite +6, 1d6+2
    Full Attack: Bite +6, 1d6+2, and 2 claws, +1, 1d3+1

Adjust as you please.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

That is... about as elegant a solution as I think is possible, Arbitrarity. Thank you.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Took me a few minutes. Not sure about the scaling, and the "cards" note isn't very good.
    Then again, it's not as bad as Greenbound Augmented Summoning with some of those magic items that adjust summoned creatures. Ugh. "I'd like to summon a bear" "Ok" "Oh, it gets +8 natural armor, these abilities, it summons a wall of thorns, +4 str and con, and maxed HD. Let's stop for 4 minutes to calculate its new to hit, damage, saves, and HP!"

"I want to summon a centipede"
    "NO"
    Luckily, most of those stats are irrelevant anyways, but yuck.
    Consider making the "enlarge" cosmetic, or replacing it with a simpler effect (+4 str, +4 con, +2 NA?)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Already working on the scaling issue and "enrage" effects at present.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    "Oh, it gets +8 natural armor, these abilities, it summons a wall of thorns, +4 str and con, and maxed HD. Let's stop for 4 minutes to calculate its new to hit, damage, saves, and HP!"
    I had a player pull that on me. I was like "... No."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

But I have premade cards for it?

Fine, you've ruined my character. Can I try this Malconvoker?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Prophet of the Void added! It can be found in the second post.
    Homebrewer's Signature

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

A new variant rule introducing summoner spells has been added to post #6.
    Homebrewer's Signature

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I was thinking the Voidling might be overpowered, but in retrospect, you need two to three rounds to summon it, it's a mediocre combatant, you're not casting spells in that time, and it won't do that much in your typical 4-6 round combat. In a 10 round combat, it could get nasty, but that's about it.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed, which is why I bumped its HD slightly and allowed the Prophet to apply most feats that augment summoning to it. It may need further HD boosts over the long run, I'm not sure.
    Homebrewer's Signature

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Excellent job! Now the problem is deciding what to do next. Maybe A Void Walker?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm trying to finish up a Crimson Reaper PrC, but that passive is hell to balance properly.
    Homebrewer's Signature

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wait, isn't it just a variant on Judicator's? Just have it add 1/10 of casting stat to CON and 1/10 of CON to casting stat, or maybe 1/5 of casting stat to CON and 1/10 of CON to casting stat.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Eeeh. I never really liked that solution for the Judicator. I'm trying to work out a formula for Con to spell damage that isn't useless or completely broken.

I mean, yes, technically what you propose would work. It just doesn't feel like it's adding to ability power to give bonus to save DCs rather than damage.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2011-02-01 at 10:12 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I like these, though I feel like 4e is more suited to videogame conversions than is 3.5. Nevertheless, it's cool excersize to translate these abilities from one mechanic to another.

Too bad my main, The Revered Inventor, doesn't really translate well to D&D.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

On the contrary, I'm statting him up as an Artificer PrC already.
    Homebrewer's Signature

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

The easiest solution might be to simply say that any item or spell-granted bonus to Con gives an equal bonus (of the same type) to casting stat and vice-versa. Allows you to save a bit of cash on items, at least.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2011-02-02 at 01:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just stumbled upon this thread, and wow, nice job so far!

For Vlad's abilities, here are my suggestions. They're just rough thoughts, so I didn't really format them:

Crimson Pact
    : Kinda tricky, since there's no flat hp bonus or ability power in D&D. Personally, I'd grant him bonus damage on all of his damaging spells and class abilities equal to 1/2 of his temporary hp (with the same restrictions as Warmage's Edge), and make accumulated temporary hp from all sources stack, up to a maximum of either "class level x number of metamagic feats" or a single casting, whichever is higher.

Transfusion
    : A ranged touch version of Vampiric touch, probably at-will, given its short CD ingame. If Crimson Reaper is a 5 lvl PrC like most of the others, make it scale 1d6/level.

Sanguine Pool
    : I think this one should kinda work like the Warlock's Dark Discorporation. Essentially, use the swarm rules, make him huge (i.e. occupying 15' x 15' ft), and anyone caught in the swarm takes a Fort save or becomes nauseated. Sanguine Pool should either be a 1x/encounter ability, or cost hp to use.

Tides of Blood: A 15ft burst centered on Vlad, dealing 1d6/level damage and costing hp to use. If Vlad uses one in the next round, it costs twice as much hp and the effects of "Empower Spell-like Ability" are applied to it. If Vlad uses it in 3 consecutive rounds, hp cost is tripled, and "Maximize Spell-Like Ability" is applied. If used in 4 consecutive rounds, both Empower and Maximize are applied, and the hp cost is quadrupled.

Hemoplague: Essentially an area spell covering the same size as a fireball, and increasing all damage dealt to the targets caught within. I don't know whether a flat percentage or something like 1d6/level would be more appropriate. As for the delayed damage part, a 3 round timer sounds about right.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you do with Heimer :P

Regarding the Malzahar PrC, I think it's a very strong 1-2-level dip for unintended reasons. You can 'charge' up Voidling by repeating his Call of Worlds ability, just like in LoL. Then at the start of the encounter, do a standard action summon monster spell (or full round if you haven't worked out a standard yet), and with your swift use Malefic visions for a powerful 2nd summon that can flank, etc. After that just ignore his other class abilities until after combat, and charge up his voidling again.

Not that this is necessarily a bad thing - there should be more summoning PrCs, and the trick is basically what I do in LoL anyhow. But it should be noted.
    Handbooks: (Hosted on the new MixMax forums)
    [3.5] The Poison Handbook
    [3.5] (New) Master of Shrouds Handbook
    [3.5 Base Class] Healer's Handbook

Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Strategos and Jumilk for the awesome Iron Chef trophies!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akal Saris View Post
    I'm also looking forward to seeing what you do with Heimer :P

Regarding the Malzahar PrC, I think it's a very strong 1-2-level dip for unintended reasons. You can 'charge' up Voidling by repeating his Call of Worlds ability, just like in LoL. Then at the start of the encounter, do a standard action summon monster spell (or full round if you haven't worked out a standard yet), and with your swift use Malefic visions for a powerful 2nd summon that can flank, etc. After that just ignore his other class abilities until after combat, and charge up his voidling again.

Not that this is necessarily a bad thing - there should be more summoning PrCs, and the trick is basically what I do in LoL anyhow. But it should be noted.
    Bear in mind that the voidling's hit dice scale based off your class level. So if it's a 2-level dip, it's gonna be a weak summon.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Revered Inventor PrC finished... I think. I'm not entirely happy with the way his abilities turned into just being new wondrous items or something, but eh. It can be found in post #5.

Opinions?
    Homebrewer's Signature

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    Revered Inventor PrC finished... I think. I'm not entirely happy with the way his abilities turned into just being new wondrous items or something, but eh. It can be found in post #5.

Opinions?
    The abilities into items is definitely a no-go. Perhaps alter it to resemble the construction the trapsmith uses?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

What do you think about Will of the Blades class? How balanced is it? One of my players wants to play it, but I don't know should I aloow it or not?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sdonourg View Post
    What do you think about Will of the Blades class? How balanced is it? One of my players wants to play it, but I don't know should I aloow it or not?
    Will of the Blades is approximately balanced against what you could accomplish with another psionic-gish character. Bladesurge is essentially Dimension Hop + attacks, Equilibrium Strike is any number of powers that slow or stun their target...

If you would allow a Slayer in your game without power issues, then a Will of the Blades will be fine. It has some tricks that other psionic characters don't, but pays for them with a feat tax and two lost manifester levels. Overall, it should be roughly the same as having a Slayer in its place.
    Homebrewer's Signature

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Thanks, now when you clarified this, I think everything will be fine. Now I gonna wait for Ezreal PrC .

27. - Top - End - #87

How about a Swift Scout? I was thinking about it at work today, and most of his stuff seems like it would translate pretty easily, if only more as items than as class abilities.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It would be really nice to see some more of these... Just hoping the thread doesn't fall into obscurity.
    The Resistance character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uthlas-Reth
    Male CG Grey Elf Wizard 1/Archivist 2, Level 3, Init +3, HP 17/17, Speed
    AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 9, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Lt. Crossbow +4 (1d8, 19-20x2)
    5-ft burst Fiery burst DC 17 Reflex (2d6, -)
    Quarterstaff -1 (1d6-2, 20x2)
    (+3 Dex, -1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Condition None

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

I finished all the PrCs I could faithfully convert. It started to get to the point where I was making bigger and bigger leaps in mechanics just to make things fit, and I didn't want it to come to that. Maybe I'll have a surge of insight one of these days and realize that of course that's how I should have done X character's abilities, but for now... *shrug* I don't know what else I can do while keeping things similar between the two.
    Homebrewer's Signature

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

>_>

<_<

I'd be interested in more items =D;;

Particularly stuff that gets stacks and stuff. "The more kills you get, the more damage you have!" things. Can't remember the names off the top of my head.

Also, could you do a less fluent man a favor and list the sources for non-core feats and stuff please..?
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2011-02-16 at 12:48 AM.