New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Hmm a good idea. *steals the heck out of it*
    That's what I'm here for
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tumblr Stuff
    Wow that is a lot of updates, gonna have to figure how I want to space them out. (Daily, I'd imagine)

The artist has been added to Bleakbane's post.

About half of the followers are non-playgrounders.

Two of the questions you answered Thanqol I'm going to hold off on and see if more people can answer them too.
    The questions, in question:
    Spoiler
    Show

New question, I have no idea what it means:
    Spoiler
    Show

Imagedump, Team Fortress 2 edition:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

3. - Top - End - #693
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahh Corn. It may partially be a yaoi con thing but someone did a amv spoof using dialogue from Aqua Teen Hunger Force with Dr. Weird and Steve talking about something but the scene is a guy doing naughty things to another guy using an ear of corn. Of course I can be wrong.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Appropos of nothing, I have a request for those who have the wherewithal. Can you stat yourself in (new) World of Darkness core? I'm trying to see if I have a good enough understanding of it to display actual people. If Anypony is up for it, try to use the minimum amount of experience possible (preferably 0, but we've it some exceptional folks here, some with notches in their belt, ad both). And I displaying is an issue, I actually have an open PM box! Which is marvelous. I'll have to make note I how liberating that is and keep it up...

Anyway, please and thank you. Have a good night!
    Given that I'm still earning XP at a reduced rate for youth, it's rather difficult to stat myself up. But, hey, I'll give it a whirl anyway. Mostly copy-pasted from Thanqol, because, dang, Thanqol, stop being like everypony.

Also, I started out going by the rules, and then tossed the rules out and just assigned what felt right.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz

Male American
    “Remove the dross from the silver, and out comes material for the silversmith.”

STATBLOCK

ATTRIBUTES
    Intelligence 3
    Wits 2
    Resolve 2 (sinking XP into to raise to 3)

Strength 2
    Dexterity 2
    Stamina 2

Presence 2
    Manipulation 3
    Composure 2

MENTAL
    Academics 3 (sinking XP into)
    Computer 1
    Crafts
    Investigation 1
    Occult 3
    Politics 1
    Medicine 1
    Science 1

PHYSICAL
    Athletics 1
    Brawl
    Drive 1
    Firearms
    Larceny
    Stealth
    Survival 1
    Weaponry

SOCIAL
    Animal Ken
    Empathy 2
    Expression 3 (Sinking XP into)
    Intimidation
    Persuasion 2 (Really Polite +1)
    Socialize 1
    Streetwise
    Subterfuge 2

MERITS
    Resources 2
    Contacts 2 (Scouts, Family Friends)
    Allies 3 (Family)

Morality: 8
    VIRTUE: Charity
    VICE: Sloth
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Given that I'm still earning XP at a reduced rate for youth, it's rather difficult to stat myself up. But, hey, I'll give it a whirl anyway. Mostly copy-pasted from Thanqol, because, dang, Thanqol, stop being like everypony.
    Just try and stop me!

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

Happy Argentinian Independece day!

Spoiler
    Show
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Good time to ask as any, Lix do you want anything member's list wise?
    I did a profile last thread or so...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #698

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Whaaa? Serious?

You do know sarcasm doesn't work well in the internet, right?
    No it wasn't sarcasm!

(new) World of Darkness core
    .... Now I don't know!
    I though Thanqol made it

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Happy Argentinian Independece day!

Spoiler
    Show
    ....Yeah, that "infection" spread up pretty fast,... wow it already hit South America?
    Good thing I live in the immune zone of there
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-09 at 01:39 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    So Cadance is associated with an upcoming toyline called "Crystal Empire". Just like the current toyline with Twilight and Celestia is "Canterlot" toyline.

Time for wild speculations ponies!

What is the Crystal Empire?!?! Will it be in Season 3? How will this change FiM?
    Ooh! Neat! The season 3 opening episodes perhaps?

Looking at the toys, they have the "pony rainbow collection" which consists of the mane 6 plus a green Big Macinotsh look-a-like called Emerald Ray. New male character joins the cast?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also in the Crystal Empire set are "glimmer wings" ponies. A new type of pony that resides in this mysterious new empire? Who knows?
    Spoiler
    Show

How exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Incidently, who is who?
    Oh, uh, well we were waiting on people to post their consent, just in case they didn't want their picture on the net.

I can tell you that VorpalBob is the one with the cool hat and the guitar (he's posted his videos in this thread so I'm sure he won't mind), Brazen Shield has already pointed herself out (Hint: She's the only female) and SiuiS is the one next to VBob with the green hairband and wild mane (You were okay with this, right?)

New question, I have no idea what it means:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Funnily, there's a picture that Bakuel did in the drawthread that fits that one:
    Spoiler
    Show

Might want to ask him if he's okay with it being posted.

Need to work on mine. I did start, but I'm kinda slow after about two weeks of almost no art.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

bike update for anyone who cares. it was definitely the rear derailure.

unfortunately I'm going to have to take it to a shop because the crash damaged the rear brake and may have screwed up one of the tires
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....Yeah, that "infection" spread up pretty fast,... wow it already hit South America?
    Good thing I live in the immune zone of there
    Wait!? You are from South America? Not Argentina tough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post

unfortunately I'm going to have to take it to a shop because the crash damaged the rear brake and may have screwed up one of the tires
    Ouch, that's gonna be expensive to fix, right? The last accident that I had with a bike resulted on the front wheel folded at the middle and that was pricey...
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-09 at 02:02 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wait a second, Crystal Empire, warped ponies, and now they're sending in Cadence to be the empress.

That's likely how Crysalis happened!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #703

Wait!? You are from South America? Not Argentina tough, right?
    Yeah, from Venezuela
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Incidently, who is who?
    Vorpalbob, Starry Notions, Dewdrop, [waiting], Raindrop, [waiting], Brazen Shield.

The brothers were bragging over Skype, complete with pics, so I have no trouble naming them. And it's cool Diego; I've dropped my picture here before ^^

Ugh. Sucks, but at least you didn't taco your tire. At this point it might be cheaper to get a new bike...

15. - Top - End - #705
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    New male character joins the cast?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also in the Crystal Empire set are "glimmer wings" ponies. A new type of pony that resides in this mysterious new empire? Who knows?
    My daughter has one of those glimmer wing ponies, the Cadence one I think? She hasn't been playing her ponies much lately, save for the three non-comb-able ones of Applejack, Twilight, and Pinkie pie which she apparently has assaulting her Lego toys. Dunno why AJ keeps ending up with Celestia's crown.
    I should ask her that.

I just assume Crystal Empire is a toy line for now and wait to see what Season 3 says, if anything. Glimmer wings kinda remind me of the flutter ponies from the older generations though...
    Oops. Speculation!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Ugh. Sucks, but at least you didn't taco your tire. At this point it might be cheaper to get a new bike...
    That's what I had to do with my crashed bike...

Yeah, from Venezuela
    Uhh. Tough place to be if you want to buy anything from the states like technology and the like. Anyway Saludos hermano!

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm the skinny kid next to Braz, if y'all hadn't guessed already.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

, that's gonna be expensive to fix, right? The last accident that I had with a bike resulted on the front wheel folded at the middle and that was pricey...
    ...maybe?
    replacing wheels can get pricey (i'd just replace the bike the thing is so old and worn) but they're often very much repairable. if its just a couple of spokes that are keeping it from true, its pennies for the parts and 20$ for the work.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, an amusing thought is that the glimmer ponies are the ponies version of zombies. They become bright, sparkly and thoughtless.

Of course this is all random speculation. But guessing is fun.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Yeah, from Venezuela
    Strange, I always thought you were from Poland given your location.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

21. - Top - End - #711

Two of the questions you answered Thanqol I'm going to hold off on and see if more people can answer them too.
    The questions, in question:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Take over the universe in the name of the nightmare, become more powerful while doing so."

Spoiler
    Show
    \

Now, if I start imagining tiny coloful equines, that might make a few years of horrible mind-crushing warfare worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Ahh Corn. It may partially be a yaoi con thing but someone did a amv spoof using dialogue from Aqua Teen Hunger Force with Dr. Weird and Steve talking about something but the scene is a guy doing naughty things to another guy using an ear of corn. Of course I can be wrong.
    Funnily, there's a picture that Bakuel did in the drawthread that fits that one:
    Spoiler
    Show

Need to work on mine. I did start, but I'm kinda slow after about two weeks of almost no art.
    I think the Bakuel thing is probably closer to the correct answer here.

Hard to really say, though.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

- You easily have 2 in all your social attributes. You are capable of holding coherent conversations with people on the internet. I know too many people who can't even do that. You also definitely don't have composure 1.
    - One dot of Academics is 'did poorly in high school'. You've easily got 3.
    - Do you know how to google the answer to hard questions? That's a dot or two in Investigation. I specifically don't have that because I'm neurotic about getting other people to look things up for me.
    - Do you know the difference between judicial, executive, and legislative? That's a dot in Politics.
    - Play a lot of FPS games? Dot in firearms.
    - Are you a coward/good at blending in/a face in the crowd? Dot in Stealth.
    - Do you know the trick to open a door with a credit card? Larceny.
    - You have convinced me of things in the past. Two dots in persuasion. You write good horror. Dot in intimidation.
    - Think broadly about what kind of connections you have for merits. You've probably got more Internet connections than me given how healthy your DeviantArt following is.

Even if you lack the confidence to do any of this IRL, that's better represented by a flaw. On the internet you're a convincing and articulate guy.

You know I've been trying to follow this line of discussion and concluded ponythread should totally get a WoD RP going at some point... though I'd prefer oWoD pretty generally I've seen little things I wouldn't mind trying out in new. Just can't remember them at the moment though...

24. - Top - End - #714

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    You know I've been trying to follow this line of discussion and concluded ponythread should totally get a WoD RP going at some point... though I'd prefer oWoD pretty generally I've seen little things I wouldn't mind trying out in new. Just can't remember them at the moment though...
    I personaly liked the 10+ breeds of werethings. To be exact, Molk'e.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    "Cultivate a feeling of cheery despair, and let the world wash over you."

What a drama queen! I'll have to find a less dramatic way to put it.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-09 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Yeah that was one book I wished I had the chance to explore. I was disappointed with the big 3 of the nWoD.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Orc in the Playground

I say ol' chap, the Mokole, Bastet, Ananasi and the others were in the oWoD.
    However they appeared only when WW realized that we were dying to play with raging catgirls.
    Cue Hengeyokai, and you have the most hilarius mismatching groups ever.

Seriously no D&D mismatched ragtag band of adventurers could hold a candle to my group consisting of a weretiger (forgot the breed's name), one Kitsune (best pranker ever), one werecrow (forgot that one too), one wererat and two Garou...
    Ooh good times, the crow aiming sh*t to the eyes of a kumo warlord while my tiger in full rage mode stomped itself against a tree because the rat had been a smartass and bited my tail...
    While the kitsune distracted the Kumo guards with an improved standup comedy act that had the master giggling like a schoolgirl.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-09 at 04:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #718

Yeah that was one book I wished I had the chance to explore. I was disappointed with the big 3 of the nWoD.
    Indeed. I basicly just say "Yeah, there still around, but the werewolfs were realy good at the whole "mass extermination" thing, so there realy, realy rare. Two words: cajun werecrocs. Also, wereturtles/werebats/wereboars/ect are still around, but I have yet to find a meaningful way to introduce them. Or find meaningful stats, for that matter.

I say ol' chap, the Mokole, Bastet, Ananasi and the others were in the oWoD, however they appeared only when WW realized that we were dying to play with raging catgirls. Cue Hengeyokai, and you have the most hilarius mismatching groups ever.
    Seriously no D&D mismatched ragtag band of adventurers could hols a candle to my group consisting of a weretiger (me,forgot the breed's name), a Kitsune (best pranker ever), one werecrow (forgot that one too), one wererat and two garous.. ooh good times, the crow aiming sh*t to the eyes of a kumo warlord when my tiger in full rage mode stomped itself against a tree becuase the rat had been a smartass and bited my tail...
    I personaly thought it was halarius that if you so much as moved east, the entire spirit world is completly different and you had to deal with such things as slightly more common weresharks and corrupted giant spiders and all that jazz. Also, completly different vampires.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed. I basicly just say "Yeah, there still around, but the werewolfs were realy good at the whole "mass extermination" thing, so there realy, realy rare. Two words: cajun werecrocs. Also, wereturtles/werebats/wereboars/ect are still around, but I have yet to find a meaningful way to introduce them. Or find meaningful stats, for that matter.

I personaly thought it was halarius that if you so much as moved east, the entire spirit world is completly different and you had to deal with such things as slightly more common weresharks and corrupted giant spiders and all that jazz. Also, completly different vampires.
    Oh yeah. the vampires... well at least they didn''t sparkle...

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

Also, I started out going by the rules, and then tossed the rules out and just assigned what felt right.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz

Male American
    “Remove the dross from the silver, and out comes material for the silversmith.”

STATBLOCK

ATTRIBUTES
    Intelligence 3
    Wits 2
    Resolve 2 (sinking XP into to raise to 3)

Strength 2
    Dexterity 2
    Stamina 2

Presence 2
    Manipulation 3
    Composure 2

MENTAL
    Academics 3 (sinking XP into)
    Computer 1
    Crafts
    Investigation 1
    Occult 3
    Politics 1
    Medicine 1
    Science 1

PHYSICAL
    Athletics 1
    Brawl
    Drive 1
    Firearms
    Larceny
    Stealth
    Survival 1
    Weaponry

SOCIAL
    Animal Ken
    Empathy 2
    Expression 3 (Sinking XP into)
    Intimidation
    Persuasion 2 (Really Polite +1)
    Socialize 1
    Streetwise
    Subterfuge 2

MERITS
    Resources 2
    Contacts 2 (Scouts, Family Friends)
    Allies 3 (Family)

Morality: 8
    VIRTUE: Charity
    VICE: Sloth
    I find it interesting that we by and large rate ourselves at above-average morality. Is ponythread just that holy, or are we all suffering from self-image bias?

Just try and stop me!
    *Attempts to stop Thanqol*
    *Fails*

Ooh! Neat! The season 3 opening episodes perhaps?

Looking at the toys, they have the "pony rainbow collection" which consists of the mane 6 plus a green Big Macinotsh look-a-like called Emerald Ray. New male character joins the cast?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

How exciting!

Oh, uh, well we were waiting on people to post their consent, just in case they didn't want their picture on the net.

I can tell you that VorpalBob is the one with the cool hat and the guitar (he's posted his videos in this thread so I'm sure he won't mind), Brazen Shield has already pointed herself out (Hint: She's the only female) and SiuiS is the one next to VBob with the green hairband and wild mane (You were okay with this, right?)

Spoiler
    Show

I like that picture, maybe modify it to include a couple threadponies if Bakuel is cool with it? Also interesting to see the new toys, though I suspect that since they've already been making crystal blindbag ponies, this won't have a huge effect on the actual show.

...maybe?
    replacing wheels can get pricey (i'd just replace the bike the thing is so old and worn) but they're often very much repairable. if its just a couple of spokes that are keeping it from true, its pennies for the parts and 20$ for the work.
    Hope it ends up being a cheap fix. My experience is that having old and cheap bikes is better anyway so people don't steal them or any parts from them.

We have. Several, in fact, that's why we're always talking about it. Here are three of them.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)