New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So right now we have Forum Explorer
    SiuiS
    Brazen Shield Contingent on SiuiS
    And maybe one or two more slots - I Will bak out if some pony else reeeaaalllly wants in.

My ideas extend fully across 'slowly reveal elements of our current town to be corrupt, work in local gimmicks'. There is a stretch of railroad tracks with a beautiful zen field on one side, and a trash strewn hobo lair on the other. What's that all about? Is the field special? Is he a Mage? A changeling? Insane from dealing with some beastie? Just a hobo? Etc. conspiracy nut told me that all the good ol boys were going house to house, making the houses and cities seem full while priming their militia against all the nonwhite gangs moving up from SoCal. What if there is some truth in that?

Take our own little city, and slowly twist every detail until one day we all wake up in the world of darkness.

Yeah.

making other races in such a system is exceptionally easy.
    Okay, I think something focused on a small town would be kind of fun. I still think probably changeling, with a more wilderness aspect to it.

Also I forgot that you lack the ability to make logical sense when you're getting descriptive. This is not actually a problem, however. I can totally work with this. Keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    You mean this isn't a WoD RP?

Man, now I feel awkward.
    No it totally is. It's a WoD RP with ponies and in which the world is not especially dark, but carry on.

We are all self-proclaimed members of an order that defines itself by the catchphrase "Love And Tolerance". Of course we're above average in morality.
    I don't personally believe my morality has been tested enough to prove or disprove this. I believe in doing good, but can not say for certain that I would do good when faced with the proper temptation.

I don't think she's crying, Stan.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Shotgun. Mage. My addiction to Mage knoweth no bounds.
    See, I don't know that I'm confident to run a Mage game, having never actually played in one. You definitely converted me and I could probably make a go of it by copy-pasting everything you've ever said until people get wise to me, but I'd rather play in a game first before I run one for Mage.

Also, you were maybe an hour too slow compared to SiuiS wrangling people up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    ....And this has no side effects?
    NONE WHATSOEVER.
    Technically, committing acts of utter evil and slowly drowning in your own hubris aren't unique side effects of the demon thing.

Only sometimes? Gotta step up my game!
    Dissapointing. You'll have to tell them about your take on Detroit's school systems.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-09 at 10:34 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Not sure about Waiting for Rain, as that one predated my involvement, but Thanqol and I posted in this thread about Gathering of Mists and Skyscraper Graveyard. Interest just comes quickly.
    Yeah, now I'm all miffed an stuff. Or maybe I went "ehh nWoD" and moved along. Now though I think anything with ponythreaders... must be fun. Probably a reaction to missing bronycon come to think of it. Damn money issues.

Considering the pacing of Gathering of Mists, I'm probably good for another game. I'd rather play, but I could be convinced to run a game. If you did all the work gathering up people and told me what kind of setting you want.
    I'd be totally down for that with this even if it was the sorely disappointing VtR how...

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well if you are willing to put up with a complete beginner I would be willing to play.
    ...I too have never actually played the nWoD games. I'm familar with VtM mostly, though I know a fair bit of the core mechanics are the same I would need to do a fair bit of personal research into what was being played.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'd be totally down for that with this even if it was the sorely disappointing VtR how...

...I too have never actually played the nWoD games. I'm familar with VtM mostly, though I know a fair bit of the core mechanics are the same I would need to do a fair bit of personal research into what was being played.
    Okay, this is fine...yeah

I have actual work now, for something in the range of several hours or more and won't be able to post. I'd take it as a personal kindness if my return does not involve a deluge of more than double the number of people I have slots requesting to play in a nWoD game. You can deluge all you want while I'm gone, but kindly work out who's going to play in a civil, peaceful manner...

...Thanqol, I'm heading this off now. There is no possible use of Forces magic that counts as a civil, peaceful manner. No, not even that one.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #784
    Colossus in the Playground

See, I don't know that I'm confident to run a Mage game, having never actually played in one. You definitely converted me and I could probably make a go of it by copy-pasting everything you've ever said until people get wise to me, but I'd rather play in a game first before I run one for Mage.
    A good decision. It's something that is assisted massively by experience.

Cursed time zones!

Okay, this is fine...yeah

I have actual work now, for something in the range of several hours or more and won't be able to post. I'd take it as a personal kindness if my return does not involve a deluge of more than double the number of people I have slots requesting to play in a nWoD game. You can deluge all you want while I'm gone, but kindly work out who's going to play in a civil, peaceful manner...

...Thanqol, I'm heading this off now. There is no possible use of Forces magic that counts as a civil, peaceful manner. No, not even that one.
    What about using Forces to lower the volume of all the shouting to calm, sultry tones?

5. - Top - End - #785
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Oh no, if only I had invented a collapsible jetpack that could be deployed in situations like this.
    Wait, I did do that!
    *wings and jet engines deploy from underneath Boffinspark's labcoat*
    AHAHAHAHAHA! By the way, Silent Night, allow me to unveil my latest invention; the friendship grenade! *lobs a dozen rainbow-colored grenades at Silent Night as he rushes by*

I am content to allow you your feud over whose throne is superior. However, once you start to infringe upon my patents--and in so blatant a manner, no less--I find I have to intervene. Seriously, at least change the decorations.

Your technology is primitive, though it has merit as a child's toy, or perhaps a firecracker. Let me show you how it is done with one of my own grenades.

Spoiler
    Show
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    What, this? Warning, big.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ... It stretches my screen so much ><

I took me a while to make out what it is. Smaller pic next time plz!

Good art though.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, I kinda like it myself

It makes Luna look so much cuter/awesomer :3
    Last edited by domin8r; 2012-07-09 at 11:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I am content to allow you your feud over whose throne is superior. However, once you start to infringe upon my patents--and in so blatant a manner, no less--I find I have to intervene. Seriously, at least change the decorations.

Your technology is primitive, though it has merit as a child's toy, or perhaps a firecracker. Let me show you how it is done with one of my own grenades.

Spoiler
    Show
    While that's very impressive, isn't it somewhat problematic to have a hoofheld grenade with a blast radius greater than the distance it can be thrown?
    Even I think that's a little crazy.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #789
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Aw man, everyone proposing all these world of darkness campaigns. Changlings and Mages and gah.
    Spoiler
    Show

So conflicted.

Also, I now feel compelled to rewatch Captain hook the Biker Gorilla again.
    I'm so easily influenced sometimes.
    Will these ponies stop tempting me with the only game I could never play and always had to run because I was the only who had read the manual over a dozen times and could make a decent story for it....

Seriously I'm gone until wednesday, i will never pass the finals at this rate and TS will kick my mental butt over it.

Also please if anypony knows of some good Pony fursuit howto guides please link them to me, pm or through here, my fiancee is really exited with this.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

10. - Top - End - #790

While that's very impressive, isn't it somewhat problematic to have a hoofheld grenade with a blast radius greater than the distance it can be thrown?
    Gughal, welg thaughs wueg yuge fulge, yogh blahted twight. Nughmauur, Igh haught yogh.

..... Actualy, Boffenspark, he has a point. That's what portals are for, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791
    Barbarian in the Playground

Avoid the sin of pride? This is Mage we're talking about. It's a game of hubris. If he was really worried about his pride, he'd use magic to rip it out of his own brain, shape it into a Goetic Demon, and order it to destroy his enemies.

No, he lives as a hobo because temporal wealth is meaningless compared to the enlightenment he gains by freeing himself from the shackles of wealth and society.
    Mage sounds like a game I'd love to get into.

12. - Top - End - #792

The truth is, these are not designed to be used as grenades. They are fully capable rainnukes in deceptively tiny packages, intended to be either attached to rockets and launched from a safe distance or dropped en masse to destroy a particular undesirable. I have a hoofheld friendship cannon more suited for situations such as these, but explosions have such a satisfying effect, don't you agree?
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

13. - Top - End - #793
    Pixie in the Playground

The truth is, these are not designed to be used as grenades. They are fully capable rainnukes in deceptively tiny packages, intended to be either attached to rockets and launched from a safe distance or dropped en masse to destroy a particular undesirable. I have a hoofheld friendship cannon more suited for situations such as these, but explosions have such a satisfying effect, don't you agree?
    I like explosions

But I like Firepower more
    Last edited by domin8r; 2012-07-09 at 11:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #794

New Do Not Serve These Ponies chapter! Now with dramatic reveals!

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Mage sounds like a game I'd love to get into.
    It's a wonderful thing.

15. - Top - End - #795

I am mearly dropping this down for the use of whoever decided to run a pony game.

New Do Not Serve These Ponies chapter! Now with dramatic reveals!

It's a wonderful thing.
    Coool. Cue my subconscious asking:

"Mista Thanqol, can I write just like you when I grow up?"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-09 at 11:43 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Gughal, welg thaughs wueg yuge fulge, yogh blahted twight. Nughmauur, Igh haught yogh.

..... Actualy, Boffenspark, he has a point. That's what portals are for, after all.
    ...That's an excellent point.
    *opens a portal next to Silent Night, tosses a couple of Balmas' grenades through*

Yes, in fact yes I do. Igor! Fire the OFC at Silent Night again!
    Ook!

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish.
    Spoiler
    Show

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

17. - Top - End - #797

Coool. Cue my subconscious asking:

"Mista Thanqol, can I write just like you when I grow up?"
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Avoid the sin of pride? This is Mage we're talking about. It's a game of hubris. If he was really worried about his pride, he'd use magic to rip it out of his own brain, shape it into a Goetic Demon, and order it to destroy his enemies.
    I was explaining in the IRC a while back that I consider Goetia to be a particularly badass form of self-mastery. Having trouble with Envy? Summon it up and beat the crap out of it to show it who's boss...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

19. - Top - End - #799

*opens a portal next to Silent Night, tosses a couple of Balmas' grenades through*

Boom.

Guhaha? Boof!......Uhhgah? Huehue, sthupfid twught thoght hue coloud-

Yes, in fact yes I do. Igor! Fire the OFC at Silent Night again!
    Ook!

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish.
    Spoiler
    Show

Guuuuuuuhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Boffunsppppaaaarrrkkkkkkkkkkzzzzzzzzzzz.......

"dies"

.......Unholy crap. I think I have little bits of him stuck in my mane. Thanks, Boffenspark.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-10 at 12:05 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

"dies"
    ...that's new.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

21. - Top - End - #801

Spoiler
    Show

...that's new
    Related.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802

That'll be 150 thousand bits, thanks. Weapons dealer, don't forget.

Boom.

"dies"

.......Unholy crap. I think I have little bits of him stuck in my mane. Thanks, Boffenspark.
    Unholy crap indeed. Can we bring him back and do it again? Though I note he "died" in quotes.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-07-10 at 12:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

"dies"
    Wow, wasn't expecting that!

Unholy crap indeed. Can we bring him back and do it again? Though I note he "died" in quotes.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

Furbies.

*cowers*
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

25. - Top - End - #805

GnomeWizardGuy

I come back to see people talking about My Little Pony and World of Darkness? Very nice. I do have to wonder, though - what would be the replacement for Humanity is such a system. Friendship? I wonder how that would work...

I suppose the proposed WoD Pony game is already full? I'm not sure I'd have time to play anyways, although I am curious as to its status.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Apparently, it's slang for members of the British Army. In-game, it is above Rookie but below Sergeant.
    It can be safe to assume that anything inside the spoilers is stuff that Twilight wrote down.

Though I did not know about the slang.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Boom.

"dies"

Oh come now, Silent Night, do you honestly think I'm really that easily fooled? Don't answer that.
    If destroying you was really that simple, I'd have eliminated you a long time ago. Such as during any of the other numerous times I've blasted you full force with the OFCs. Or blew you up. Or blew you up and then blasted the remains with the OFCs.

That'll be 150 thousand bits, thanks. Weapons dealer, don't forget.
    Please send the invoice to the Canterlot Scientific Research Funding Board. If anypony asks, it was for "research into the distribution of friendship randomization delivery devices and the subsequent effects on post-pony subjects".

My Homebrew

Show

28. - Top - End - #808

Oh come now, Silent Night, do you honestly think I'm really that easily fooled? Don't answer that.
    If destroying you was really that simple, I'd have eliminated you a long time ago. Such as during any of the other numerous times I've blasted you full force with the OFCs. Or blew you up. Or blew you up and then blasted the remains with the OFCs.
    Uh, he looks realy dead. As in, not unliving. I mean, his lower jaw is a few feet away from him and he's kind of.....waterbedy. I think that rock did a lot of damage, and being so streched out power-wise he lost grasp on his form and finaly bucked the metaphoric can. So yeah, I am the undead expert here, and he's not even twiching. Actualy, he lost his soul proper a few months ago, so he's deader then dead.

Crap. That means I am the leader of the cult. The leader of the cult that ritualy kills and reanimates new leaders when they become the high priests. Gah, I thought I saw the last of cloaked stallions standing over me with knives when I finished high school!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-10 at 12:40 AM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #809

Please send the invoice to the Canterlot Scientific Research Funding Board. If anypony asks, it was for "research into the distribution of friendship randomization delivery devices and the subsequent effects on post-pony subjects".
    Ah, the fun of disguising our fun projects. Remember, I have millions more where that came from.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Banned

So let's see.
    Changeling
    Storyteller - Anarion
    Potential players - SiuiS, Brazen Shield, Forumexplorer, Amish Pirate

Mage
    Storyteller - N/A
    Potential players - SiuiS, Lix Lorn, Maxim25, Thanqol, Zigg'[syllables]

Vampire
    Storyteller - N/A
    Potential players - Soras Teva Gee,

I know I'm missing some names here. Anything specific? Or is this sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The hobo is a mage. He lives as a hobo to avoid the sin of pride.
    I dunno. The only thing he owned was a fabulously expensive love seat he sat on like a railroad throne.

No, he lives as a hobo because temporal wealth is meaningless compared to the enlightenment he gains by freeing himself from the shackles of wealth and society.
    Poor Areta. Totally would have gone this route an ended up a Seer, or worse.

One of the tricks Mages have is to take their vices, rip them out of their heads in the form of demons, and then order them to do their bidding. While the demon is out and about the Mage doesn't suffer from that vice.
    Yeah. Everyone else does.

Okay, I think something focused on a small town would be kind of fun. I still think probably changeling, with a more wilderness aspect to it.
    Yay!

Also I forgot that you lack the ability to make logical sense when you're getting descriptive. This is not actually a problem, however. I can totally work with this. Keep going.
    What? No, that made perfect sense. Except the part that was intentionally word for word what the conspiracy but spent an hour telling me. While staring over my shoulder like she was reading my aura.

Seriously, didn't you know? All the WASPs are at war with the lesser people of the world, and are practicing modern gang warfare techniques to beat them at their own game!

I don't personally believe my morality has been tested enough to prove or disprove this. I believe in doing good, but can not say for certain that I would do good when faced with the proper temptation.
    Huh. That's a good perspective on it. I think it's like sanity; being aware you may be off helps you keep steady. An awareness of morality as an ever present thing helps one keep an even keel.

Yeah. I'd love to run a game of Mage. But until I know what a game of Mage feels like - and here I trust Thanqol, passing on second hand knowledge from the world's best storyteller - I can't do it justice. A bad game is worse than no game at all. Deeds cannot be undone. Without several dots of time at least
    Also, sorry about that. I'd be up for Mage too, Thanqol. But...

Dissapointing. You'll have to tell them about your take on Detroit's school systems.
    Please do. I want to see I'd you can make it as depressing as the reality

It's a wonderful thing.
    It really is.