New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So let's see.
    Changeling
    Storyteller - Anarion
    Potential players - SiuiS, Brazen Shield, Forumexplorer, Amish Pirate

Mage
    Storyteller - N/A
    Potential players - SiuiS, Lix Lorn, Maxim25, Thanqol, Zigg'[syllables]

Vampire
    Storyteller - N/A
    Potential players - Soras Teva Gee,
    I'm down for Changeling or Mage, I don't care for VtR having been heavily invested in VtM, however I will play what ever's gathering.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Another day another mission

UFO 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

I'm glad to report that we finally got the tank up and running. After we sold some stuff to get the ammo we needed for the tank we were informed that we needed even more ammo for the tank, ammo that we didn't have room for. So more stuff had to be sold. It's a good thing that the aliens were leaving us alone during this whole fiasco. I'm glad though. I really would rather not fight. We added the tank to our crew which bumped Vinyl, Octavia, Rose, and Rarity off the active roster and onto garrison duty. Perhaps I can convince the Humans to buy enough tanks that only a minimal pony presence is needed at all.

Today the Humans received reports that a UFO was flying over Northern Canada. They sent out their ships and quickly shot it down. As usual we were sent in to investigate. As a form of apology for bossing him around the last few days I let Shining Armor throw our smoke grenade. This was a minor fiasco as he was loaded into the front of the ship and couldn't throw the stupid thing till everypony in front of him got off. Not doing that again I can tell you that!

Anyways the mission was pretty safe all things considering. The tank scouted for us and it was those peaceful grey aliens again. However before I could suggest going up and talking to it, or stunning it with our new stun rods (Aside: I need ideas on how to get Pinkie and Rainbow Dash to stop dueling with the stun rods) Cadance dropped with a single shot. When I made a joke about all alicorns being great shots she blushed and admitted that she panicked. Ends up she didn't mean to shoot at all and had just got ridiculously lucky. That might explain why she kept shooting even after it was dead. I think a Human overheard her because she didn't get promoted either.

Besides that nothing much has been happening. Looking at reports it seems that the aliens are particularly attracted to North Africa. I wonder why? It's a shame that North Africa is barely within the Human patrol range so interception missions are mostly matters of luck.

Your Faithful Student,
    Twilight Sparkle
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

All my eyes see here is a pony Changeling the Lost pony game and I find myself crying out 'what? where? ohmahgoddesses!' Its a good crying out.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    All my eyes see here is a pony Changeling the Lost pony game and I find myself crying out 'what? where? ohmahgoddesses!' Its a good crying out.
    It's a good dream ... if anyone develops that kind of a game I'd be the first to sign up.

That said, RiM S2E seems fairly straightforward so far.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'm down for Changeling or Mage, I don't care for VtR having been heavily invested in VtM, however I will play what ever's gathering.
    Hm. Compromise, then.
    Zigg'raugglaur, if you are willing to be Storyteller for a game of Mage, that takes me out of Changeling, freeing up two slots. So you can play there. Does that work or woul you rather not be tangle into such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Hmm. Pony changeling... Worth a thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    It's a good dream ... if anyone develops that kind of a game I'd be the first to sign up.

That said, RiM S2E seems fairly straightforward so far.
    It's a good system, but what kid of game would we run? Seriously. I'll volunteer, if I thought I could pull something off...

Pre-season 1, exploring the wilds of Equestrian an it's neighboring lands? Fighting in the Moon War? During the show, in the wilds of Appleoosa? What?

I honestly can't figure out how to make a game in PbP fun and pony.

Well, specifically, a game that uses dice. A dice mechanic sort of necessitates conflict of a certain scale.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a good system, but what kid of game would we run? Seriously. I'll volunteer, if I thought I could pull something off...

Pre-season 1, exploring the wilds of Equestrian an it's neighboring lands? Fighting in the Moon War? During the show, in the wilds of Appleoosa? What?

Well, specifically, a game that uses dice. A dice mechanic sort of necessitates conflict of a certain scale.
    Would depend on player preferences. Something with a bit of adventure, or a slice of life story? I need to see what the mechanics are capable of first and I'm only up to page 30 or so. Plenty more to read.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, it all depends on what level we want to do it. Would it be average-show level stuff, like parasprite invasions and interpersonal lessons? Would we be the heroes of Equestria, boldly fighting griffons and kicking dragons in the face? Perhaps a little CMC action going on?

Whatever the thing, I'd like to join.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Do you have any of the books? I know enough Changeling now to talk it over with you and suggest various character stuff, but you'll need the main Changeling book.

Hm. Compromise, then.
    Zigg'raugglaur, if you are willing to be Storyteller for a game of Mage, that takes me out of Changeling, freeing up two slots. So you can play there. Does that work or woul you rather not be tangle into such a thing?
    I'm good with this, though in the last few hours I have reconsidered and would be willing to GM up to 6 people in a Changeling game. However, with that size I will be more strict with posting rules than I have been in Gathering of Mists. In other words, if you can't be on daily to say something (even an OOC "I'm here, keep going") I will be loathe to keep you in the game.

Hmm. Pony changeling... Worth a thought process.
    At present this is not a thing I'm running. I may or may not have statted the mane 6 as changelings, but a full on pony game would be quite difficult and is simply not something I want to run right now. At this point I'd like to run a Changeling game in a rural setting, which would feature a scattered court, emphasis on going in and out of the hedge, survival, and possibly a more heavy focus on combat than a city game. For those of you who have no idea what I just typed, basically the game would be about a bunch of messed up crazy people in a lonely rural community with a bunch of horror-film esque stuff happening.

I participated in an in-person pony game based on the Spirit of the Century rules, modified for Equestria, that worked pretty well. The system is extremely loose, much more so than WoD, and therefore you can pretty much just use the skill-set as is, substituting magic and flight for guns and drive. http://bzr.mausdompteur.de/fate3/fate3.html
    I make no representations or warranties about how it would work for a PBP though, but I know it is possible as a system and it does use dice.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-10 at 02:28 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

And the game continues!

UFO 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

A lot has happened since I last wrote but it never seemed like the right time to actually write a letter. First of all the Humans have made us some medi-kits. Yay! Though luckily they haven't been needed, I am much more comfortable knowing that the Humans are at least trying to make things safer for us.

You may have noticed that this is UFO 5 and not UFO 4. That's because a UFO was spotted in North Africa (naturally). The interceptors chased it for a while but it ended up escaping somewhere over the northern Pacific Ocean. Honestly I was pretty happy to hear that. Nopony or perhaps I should say no one was hurt.

Besides that nothing much happened for a few weeks. The new base in Europe had some work done and recently finished its first hanger. The Humans want to rearrange our base so that it would be harder to invade. What else? Pinkie and Vinyl threw a big party which everyone had a great time at. The Humans started studying something they've called Elerium-115 which we recovered from most crash sites. Progress has been poor so far.

The latest UFO was shot down over the southern US. We were sent in and as we pop open the door one of the grey little aliens is staring right at us! We send the tank out and it starts firing at us. Command decided it was too risky for us to go out there, so Pinkie Pie starts shooting at the alien and managed to wing it. I thought she had killed it but nope! We saw it lurch out of the bush a little while later as it tried to retreat. Luna and Trixie both shot at it and missed. Rainbow Dash just rushed up to it and gave it a quick zap with the stun rod!

From there it was just a matter of scouting with the tank and entering the UFO itself. Trixie demanded a chance to prove herself which she did if she may say so herself. Entering the ship she blasted away at the first alien she saw and killed it. However in our AAR (After Action Report) her 'improvements' on her accomplishment were not appreciated so she was not promoted. Finally it seems the grey alien we captured didn't survive it's injuries. The Humans said it was due to not having the correct facilities to deal with the alien, but they said since we were going to keep capturing aliens that they would get started on an alien containment chamber right away.

All we learned in the end was that the alien was the navigator for their ship. I really hope we can make peace with the aliens.

Your Faithful Student,
    Twilight Sparkle.

Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    New Do Not Serve These Ponies chapter! Now with dramatic reveals!
    Bwahahahahahahaha!

*reads dramatic reveal*

BWAA-hahahahahahahahahahaha!

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

New Do Not Serve These Ponies chapter! Now with dramatic reveals!
    I want to know how you do this. Right after I figure out what it is that you do.

Whatever it is, it makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

From "Do Not Serve These Ponies"

"'In fact, one has a special mission for you. One would trust nopony else with it,' Blueblood said. His eyes shined with his incredible charm."
    That's one sign of the apocalypse we can check off. I suppose ponies don't really have horsemen though.

Also, it's possible that should be "shone" as opposed to "shined," but I'm not certain.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-10 at 04:25 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

13. - Top - End - #823
    Banned

Fair is fair, yes? Here we (I) am.

Spoiler
    Show
    Michael

AKA SiuiS
    Hibernoamerican

“Like Hell I can't!”

STATBLOCK

ATTRIBUTES
    Intelligence 2
    Wits 2
    Resolve 2

Strength 2
    Dexterity 3
    Stamina 2

Presence 3
    Manipulation 3
    Composure 2

MENTAL*
    Academics
    Computer (iPhone)
    Crafts 2
    Investigation
    Occult 1 (Driaocht)
    Politics*
    Medicine 2 (massage Therapy)
    Science*

PHYSICAL*
    Athletics 1
    Brawl 1 (martial arts)
    Drive*
    Firearms*
    Larceny*
    Stealth 2
    Survival 1
    Weaponry 2 (I am not left handed... Or am I?)

SOCIAL*
    Animal Ken 2
    Empathy 3
    Expression 1
    Intimidation 1
    Persuasion 1
    Socialize 1
    Streetwise
    Subterfuge 2 (would I lie?)

MERITS
    Resources 1
    Contacts 2 (Bronies)
    Weaponry Dodge 1
    Quickdraw 1
    Fleet of Foot 2

Morality: 6 (Suspicion, Narcissism)
    VIRTUE: Prudence
    VICE: Wrath

DERIVED TRAITS
    Willpower 4/4
    Defense 2
    Health 7/7
    Speed 11

Almost a full two decades spent dedicated to Personal mastery through combat. Came a long way considering how many "resources" were bass-ackwards and actively bad for me. Sadly, by te time I realized warrior monk types were physically powerful so they could be wise, rather than wise so they could be more physically powerful, I'd already made a lot of headway in the wrong direction

Luckily, I have Thanqol, and ponythread. It's easy to forget that turning around is a perfectly valid tactic. It's hard to remember, but I am free.

Morality was a pickle. I am at 9 in some cases, as low as 3 in others. We've decided I sit firmly at a functional 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Do you have any of the books? I know enough Changeling now to talk it over with you and suggest various character stuff, but you'll need the main Changeling book.
    If not, I can help. Though I'd like to keep shipping charges to a minimum if possible.

I'm good with this, though in the last few hours I have reconsidered and would be willing to GM up to 6 people in a Changeling game. However, with that size I will be more strict with posting rules than I have been in Gathering of Mists. In other words, if you can't be on daily to say something (even an OOC "I'm here, keep going") I will be loathe to keep you in the game.
    Huzzah! Then I'm in, though that may discount Braz. I'll have a talk with her when she's conscious again in a couple hours... Man, I should really go to bed
    >.<

At present this is not a thing I'm running. I may or may not have statted the mane 6 as changelings, but a full on pony game would be quite difficult and is simply not something I want to run right now. At this point I'd like to run a Changeling game in a rural setting, which would feature a scattered court, emphasis on going in and out of the hedge, survival, and possibly a more heavy focus on combat than a city game. For those of you who have no idea what I just typed, basically the game would be about a bunch of messed up crazy people in a lonely rural community with a bunch of horror-film esque stuff happening.
    I think Blastech is still referencing the old Roleplaying is Magic game I was suggesting back in the day. Actually, playing in Thanqol's Mage game was a crash course in how PbP works. Between that and Pokonic's Dragon game, I think I've figured out how it all works. We'll see.

In the meantime, there is no point playing A game where either the GM or players aren't fully on board. If they are in the game because there's nothing better, then they aren't engaged they're just along for the ride. If the GM is invested in exploration and adventure, and the players want mystery and pulp, then things are going to fall apart.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Bwahahahahahahaha!

*reads dramatic reveal*

BWAA-hahahahahahahahahahaha!
    =D

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I want to know how you do this. Right after I figure out what it is that you do.

Whatever it is, it makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    From "Do Not Serve These Ponies"

That's one sign of the apocalypse we can check off. I suppose ponies don't really have horsemen though.

Also, it's possible that should be "shone" as opposed to "shined," but I'm not certain.
    Blueblood's actually really handsome, don't forget that. He's charming right up until his lips start moving.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

Huzzah! Then I'm in, though that may discount Braz. I'll have a talk with her when she's conscious again in a couple hours... Man, I should really go to bed
    >.<

In the meantime, there is no point playing A game where either the GM or players aren't fully on board. If they are in the game because there's nothing better, then they aren't engaged they're just along for the ride. If the GM is invested in exploration and adventure, and the players want mystery and pulp, then things are going to fall apart.
    I will say, having also played in a few games run over e-mail, that it can work to have 5-6 players and only 1-2 who really participate. It means the other 4 have to wade through 50 messages a day to stay current and my intuition is that makes people unhappy, but I know it worked fine in my group of RL friends. Since you see Braz in person, if she doesn't want to post daily and is happy being a background character (and won't complain later if she's not part of stuff) then we can probably make that work.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    "dies"

.......Unholy crap. I think I have little bits of him stuck in my mane. Thanks, Boffenspark.

*opens portal*
    *discretely steals remains*
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-10 at 05:53 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

17. - Top - End - #827

Bad news is my tabletop was cancelled tonight

Good news is that this means Chapter 6 of DNSTP!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

sweet celestia man, i can only edit so fast!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

19. - Top - End - #829
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by domin8r View Post
    I like explosions

But I like Firepower more
    ....Just like them?
    My entire life revolves around them! I love both SO MUCH!
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #830
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by domin8r View Post
    aww, thanks. I'm kind of nervous as this is my first time being a part of a forum site without a chat room
    This forum posts so fast it's almost like a chat room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    ...Don undead have special thrones, or are they like living thrones?
    I thought undead thrones were usually made of bones from their fallen enemies, unliked family, and mailmen who kept getting their address wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So playing X-com and I decided to write this for everypony
    Neat!
    Maybe I outta write one for the Skyrim incident I had involving fire mages and a very oily hallway...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

Dammit Thanqol, how do you produce these so fast?

If only I could write my stories this fast I would be a happy, happy writer and not have to look at this huge, growing list of fics I'd love to write.

22. - Top - End - #832

Dammit Thanqol, how do you produce these so fast?

If only I could write my stories this fast I would be a happy, happy writer and not have to look at this huge, growing list of fics I'd love to write.
    I write like a thunderstorm. A long, slow, buildup of thought, feelings, ideas, and reflection. All the pieces arranged in my head. And then, with the crack of lightning and the whirl of fingers, it arcs through my body and onto the page.

Like shooting a bow, it's all in aiming before you shoot. By the time I start writing the story already exists in a complete state in my head. I write everything this way; 6 months of planning and three days of writing.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

I write like a thunderstorm. A long, slow, buildup of thought, feelings, ideas, and reflection. All the pieces arranged in my head. And then, with the crack of lightning and the whirl of fingers, it arcs through my body and onto the page.

Like shooting a bow, it's all in aiming before you shoot. By the time I start writing the story already exists in a complete state in my head. I write everything this way; 6 months of planning and three days of writing.
    Ah, I guess I tend to spread it out more. Small bursts of writing, with planning and pauses in between.

I wrote most of the chapters of Fillystata in 3 days each; 2 days to write, 1 day to edit, then 4 days pause to reload. I haven't quite been able to match that speed since, only for brief spurts on occasion.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    ....And this has no side effects?
    There is a reason I always play humans in WoD campaigns and have never lost a character yet.

I believe the old saying is "With great power comes great responsibility a lack of common sense." Well, at least it is of my personal experience this is how WoD operates. Or as one of my friends call it, "The world of insufficient light."

Thanks, but I already got one. It's very nice.
    Actually, was there a "template" or something these Equestrian maps are based off of? I've noticed most have similar land masses to each other, but mine is completely different (I based mine on speculative Earth continental drift patterns).
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Two...ahahahaha! chapters in one...bwahahahahah! day ahahahahahahaha! Can't muwahahahahaha! take strain BWAHAHAHAHA- *ka-crack*

Great. Nice Thanq, now he's literally exploded his ribcage all over the floor with laughter. And I've got Bleakbane rib fragments in my hair. Hair seems less of a good idea right now... Do you know how icky it is to feel bone fragments pulling themselves out of your hair? Well, I'll tell you! Really freaking icky!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-10 at 07:26 AM.

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Two...ahahahaha! chapters in one...bwahahahahah! day ahahahahahahaha! Can't muwahahahahaha! take strain BWAHAHAHAHA- *ka-crack*

Great. Nice Thanq, now he's literally exploded his ribcage all over the floor with laughter. And I've got Bleakbane rib fragments in my hair. Hair seems less of a good idea right now... Do you know how icky it is to feel bone fragments pulling themselves out of your hair? Well, I'll tell you! Really freaking icky!
    *Brushes hooves against jacket* Who needs a fleet?

Slightly better edited version here.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-10 at 07:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I guess I tend to spread it out more. Small bursts of writing, with planning and pauses in between.

I wrote most of the chapters of Fillystata in 3 days each; 2 days to write, 1 day to edit, then 4 days pause to reload. I haven't quite been able to match that speed since, only for brief spurts on occasion.
    What's this? Set aside my other side projects and just focus on writing a chapter? Y'know, maybe that's part of the reason my writing progress could best be compared to the land speed of a glacier.

Also, for the Changeling game, where should I go/what should I get to read up on the rules? They seem simple enough, but there's only so much one can pick up from lurking.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-10 at 07:43 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

28. - Top - End - #838

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    What's this? Set aside my other side projects and just focus on writing a chapter? Y'know, maybe that's part of the reason my writing progress could best be compared to the land speed of a glacier.

Also, for the Changeling game, where should I go/what should I get to read up on the rules? They seem simple enough, but there's only so much one can pick up from lurking.
    Changeling Core+WoD Core: All you need.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

regarding the grimdark fics

Cheerilee's Garden is a good? read
    premise is-- Cheerilee "takes care of" a bunch of problem students using various Saw style traps, only without the "trick" that lets them escape said trap

and now from Grimdark to HNNNNNNNGH
    Spoiler
    Show

and the random appeasement picture for the Commodore
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-07-10 at 08:27 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

oh look, a clockwork update, too!
    hehe. haha
    *collapses into fanfic induced euphoric coma*
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever: