New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Dragonloft
    Dralcor thinks back on the end of his discussion with Kipt, and says, "I believe he has already made his disposition clear. I have no desire to walk into a possible ambush, just to discuss my point of view and be told that it is wrong. If he wants to stop Kipt's war, he should ask the man who started it.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anreydu

Thorondor watched with interest from his perch on a balcony of the clockwork tower. Gwyn was studying the universe as she was wont to do now, trying to find a way out. She was not liking where this line of reasoning was taking her.

"You should watch this."

"I'm sorry?" Gwyn didn't turn from her study.

"God of water wanna talk to Dralcor, Dralcor no listen."

"Yes, very interesting."

"I no think you mean that."

Gwyn sighed, she was getting increasingly short tempered and it took a considerable level of control to keep from snapping at her herald.

"That war will be meaningless if I don't succeed." She managed evenly.

Thorondor sniffed. "You gods is no fun."

Gwyn's lips tightened. "I'm sure Kipt would agree right now."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-06 at 04:32 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

3. - Top - End - #933

Dragonloft

"I can do it," Jarla said, trying to be strong. She took the knives in hand once again, but this time she was ready for them. She proceeded to the door, and out. Zesbrin trailed close behind her, and even Milie took a look around, as well as the peofowlkin ((who I guess I'll play)).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I'll let Mark play the other side of a drake-fight, or at least choose to cede it to us if he doesn't want to play it.

The Fertile Valley
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure this will come into play when we get attacked by the Drakes.

"Your best bet for getting everyone to contribute is to speak to our leader, Cera," Merk suggested again. "I'm more of the muscle than the brains of this operation."

Razorpine Forest

"That is quite a fine skill," Flaeme agreed. "We would be honored to have you by our side in this coming conflict," said Stamyn, and approval ran unanimously.

Silver Fire Island

When she was in trouble, Jewel gracefully leaped backwards several times, using a few flaps of her wings to her advantage. Surveying the situation, she saw very little she could do to contribute to the fight directly. Instead, she dashed around the fighting, and dragged Jib out of the the way of harm. She looked at his wound, and tended it a little as quickly as she could. "Jib are you ok? Jib wake up? Can you hear me? Hang in there." Then, she summoned some of her arcane power in an attempt to blind Jericho with light, or at least distract him. Jib was so much better at this than me; he could actually use the fire to do damage, Jewel thinks as she casts flare.

The sun shines on the island, and an aura of brightness descends from it, targeting Captain Jericho. It flashes then fades, leaving him less capable of focusing his eyes in battle. The arcane fire seethes once, granting her spell more power in it's presence.

4. - Top - End - #934

BlueWizardGirl

The Heavens

"Then that is what I will do. The conditions are harsh, but there can be complex life. Maybe even varieties of things than are not on the main-world. I will open up the world to this one. There will be a portal, perhaps more than one if other gods make them too, but more than that. This world will be host to things yet unheard of, save the deepest reaches of the sea and the reaches of the dragons themselves. The people there will have to be strong enough to hold their own and to shelter."

Silver Fire Island

The knight was caught off guard, the blow landed square on his jaw. He recoiled; He hadn't been ready for the duel, but now he was awake. He could have spat blood, but instead, he took aim. He brought his sword up from the side with the force that could break a bone, aiming for Jericho's shoulder, his blade thirsting for blood with Jewel's distraction. "If we open to the world, it will be at our honored scepters leadership, he knows what's right for us, he always has!"

Jib lay in her arms out cold. He did not stir, but he continued to breathe, and relaxed when his wounds where tended to. They where in the direct presence of their source of power. The origin of sorcery on the world was near.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If ever there was a time when Jewels powers where enhanced, that time would be now.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-09-06 at 05:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

5. - Top - End - #935

The Flare went off in Jericho's face and he was very nearly blinded by the light. He blinked once. The knight's sword ripped into his shoulder and he let out a yelp and backed away.

Gingerly nursing his wound, but glaring at his fellow knight through the spots in his eyes. Surprisingly, he manages to talk fairly easily through the blinding pain. "The Scepter has been corrupted by the witchery these two possess. You may not know this but the Scepter explained to me the power of these two. The goblin has the power to make people trust him without good cause, to make them like him. That is why I attacked him first and from your actions, I can only assume you too have fallen under his spell."

He clutched his sword with his left hand, avoiding the mangled shoulder. He threw himself at the knight. He raised his sword turning the blade to the blunt side, not seeking to kill his fellow knight, only to knock him unconcious.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

6. - Top - End - #936
    Orc in the Playground

Dragonloft
    The door opens to reveal a hallway with a staircase at the. It goes up and down. There are also doors lining the hallway. You can hear the sounds of fighting coming from behind the doors.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

7. - Top - End - #937

BlueWizardGirl

Silver Fire Island

Jericho's sword lunged forwards for a blunt strike. In an instant you could hear the grinding of steel against steel. It might have been his weak shoulder and the aerodynamics of swinging the blunt side of the sword; It might have been his hesitation to kill, but Jericho's sword failed to land on the knight, scraping against the metal of the knight's own sword as he used it to block. The knight strafed to the side, pushed forward to enter a blade lock with Jericho. He shouted in the face of the crossed knight, "The scepter is not corrupt, you are! You think these strangers have tricked us? They came to us for help for Gwyn's sake!"
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-09-06 at 09:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ettin in the Playground

The Fertile Valley

"Then I shall speak to your leader. Unfortunately, there is a lot of work to be done, but it may give us the advantage.
    "Tell me... What is your leader's name so that I may properly address him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Because I feel like telling you the plan in advance:
    It involves the construction of hidden watch posts in the mountains to the East such that those stationed there can signal down into the valley using mirrors or lanterns or something when Drakes approach. Those watching down in the Valley can then sound the alarm and get all the non-warriors inside and the warriors mounted on their hippogriffs and face the Drakes. Hopefully, they'll be able to get a few minutes to get ready.

The Heavens

"A sound plan. If you ever require my aid, just ask.
    "Tell me of this portal, shall it be open always, or will it be closed when not needed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    For some reason, my mind randomly thought of Stargate...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #939

Silver Fire Island

Jericho drew a second knife, hidden between the grooves of his armor aiming to cut the knight above the eye. He may not be experienced, but he knew that the right type of cut would spill blood into his eye, temporarily blinding him.

"You are far too trusting."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

10. - Top - End - #940
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Razorpine Forest

Well we won't be fighting BY your side exactly. That would defeat the purpose of our little trick eh? Dull-Coat chuckles at his joke and tips his hat But we will be fighting on your side. Any particular area you want us to pay more attention to protecting?
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

The Pool of Divine Possibility, Heart of Quiescent Potential, Depths of the Labyrinth

The Fool held a shard of ice in his hand. It glowed with a strange and wondrous power, from a truth that had departed. And yet it was marked by the Fool himself as well, for this was a shard of Isanvrede; fang of the all encompassing winter.

As he played music along the edge of the shard ancient memories sifted through the mind of the god.

"We never talked much did we Isanloff? And yet in some ways the folly of the world rests solely in both of our great mistakes. Yours in an effort to force a world into order that can only ever exist in chaos, and mine in starting the war I had sought to prevent. And the result is all wrapped up in one tiny little spear."

With a casual movement the ice shard was flicked out and down into the calm of the pool. For a moment nothing happened, and then the pool began to boil, and it seemed as though the light from the gathered potential of now gone deities had turned into the roiling waters of a maelstrom.

"For so long you have been gone, and your truth upon which the existence of all creation was founded has unraveled. But though I am lord of truth, I cannot be lord of all truth. It is too great a burden. And so from the endless lies hidden behind truth I shall forge a new soul to bear the weight of suffering."

The waters had calmed themselves. Now only ripples remained, stretching out from the point of impact with creeping intent; changing the images below them in strange and subtle ways as they passed. And the first of the sancrosanct guardians appeared; he who would prove the doom of the Fool. For like all good creators in any story worth telling; the Fool had made a mistake. A wrong turn in philosophical thought leaving one crucial fact to be overlooked; not all truths remain the same.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Void]

Savorla sat in a place out of time, crafting something with infinite care. Or perhaps, instead, she sat in a time out of place, one which had not, as yet, begun, and perhaps never would, for if that were so, something as simple as a grain of sand in a courtier's eye could change events so far that what had led up to the moment she was in never took place.

But where and when and how she sat... That is not important. What is important is that she sat, and why sat, as well as what she made there; the plane she wove from night and asteroids, and the long-cold corpses of volcanoes.

Eventually, though she was done. Or at least, done with that task, for she still had to birth a ruler for the Fae...

[Netheli]

The Gentry she had chosen had been capricious, for such was the way of his kind. But never mad. Until now, where he was left a gibbering fool, his brain slowly dying from the inside out. Not that she cared, really, at least too much, though it was distracting. But still, it was an interesting observation...

In any case, however, it was time. Mix the man's essence, heady with madness and corruption, into her own, and then expel both, carefully crafting, and testing her creation on the mindless husk.

Eventually, she was satisfied, and, once she was, she finally let her newest creation form permanently, taking him into her arms once he had, and planting a single soft kiss on his cheek.

"Welcome to the world, young one..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Weave Plane (Netheli, Refuge of All, The Court of Shadows): A plane of eternal night, where those who seek Savorla's aid are brought. For now, it is simply composed of a massive (possibly even infinite) obsidian and tektite castle, where the mortals taken here live until their wounds, of whatever type, are healed, and they will no longer be in danger from whoever was harming them on the Material.

Below all that, however, the Gentry keep their own ways, and they are dark ones indeed...

Create Fabled Life (Fae, the Gentry, Elves, Faeries, etc.): The Fae are not, on the whole, pleasant. They take people from their homes, sometimes by trickery, sometimes by force. And once they're in Netheli... Well, things go well at first, usually, though sometimes they don't, usually for those who were never to supposed to find their part of the world in the first place. But then it twists.

The dancer, chosen for her beauty and skill, forced to dance past all enduring, wearing shoes of glass so that any misstep will cut her feet to pieces.

A girl brought as a companion for a young member of the Gentry, who has her eyes replaced with simulacra, always dry, even if she leaves her head underwater, because the one she was charged with befriending wished she would feel better, and so her Keeper made it impossible for her to cry, that she would not disturb her charge any longer by showing how she felt.

Or stranger and more terrible things than those, for that matter...

Curse: Mortals begin to be taken by Fae, and may sometimes stumble across the boundary between their section of Netheli and the mortal world.

0 AP

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Isyldar opened his bright green eyes and looked upon his mother. He grinned gleefully at being created, and disappeared without a second thought as an orb of darkness, flitting about the night sky.

Land of Beauty

Isyldar looked upon the world and sighed. "There is not enough chaos here.. Too much order for my taste" he observed. He flew down to the ground, making himself invisible to any passersby while he made a human form for himself so he could gather information about the world which he had been born into without arousing suspicion.

Isyldar created a body that was befitting of himself. 6 feet tall, and muscled, just as much as a farmhand would be after years worth of hard work. Bright green eyes twinkling with malice, and red ruby lips that hid teeth sharpened to points. Long flowing black hair, as dark as night itself. His usual clothing would consist of a long hooded robe, so very few mortals actually saw his human form, but he had to make sure. When he wanted to travel speedily, he would form two great wings on his back made up of black feathers, as dark as his hair.

He walked around for awhile, listening in on conversations and arguments, so that he could follow through with his great plan of woe. He had just passed by a tavern when a stray thought caught his attention. "Atheris is taking over this place, I swear. Why has the king forsaken us so? He's meant to protect us, not leave us to her wrath!" said one of the males having a drink after work. "Hmm, possibly someone to use against these pitiful people? Perhaps my mother may know something about this land..." Isyldar pondered.

He formed his wings and took flight above the tavern where he had gleaned the information to start putting his plan into action. "Mother! I request guidance!" he sent a thought into the void, hoping Savorla could help him with some information about this place he had stumbled upon. "I should have asked her first..." he chided himself in the depths of his mind.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-07 at 05:21 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

The Pool of Divine Possibility, Heart of Quiescent Potential, Depths of the Labyrinth

Truth...the fool was right. Truth was not a rock, it was a river, constantly moving forward and changing. And like a river and Indigo robe fluttered out of the well, endless yet finite and it slowly reveled itself into the form of a bandaged man, hooded and faceless. The air in the room got colder... and there was a sense of a missed feast.

The figure looked at it's own hands, holding up the twisted bandages to the emptiness of the hood, and then gazed back at the fool. The gaze was not the simple gaze of a man nor god, for the hood was empty - sometimes you don't have to look into the abyss to have it gaze back at you, sometimes the abyss takes the initiative.

And thus the figure looked at the Fool and asked in a voice that resembled winter itself, cold, dispassionate and dark, the voice of the first existence, a voice that made it clear that it expected to be the last.

This sentence serves as a question.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-09-07 at 12:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

"I suppose it does as you have left me wondering what you meant to ask." The Fool responded. The form was translucent but impossible to see past, as image after fractured image sought to take the place of the one behind it. If one held the divine capacity to see more than the screaming chaos of space and time one could make out the outlines of foxes and serpents twisting around each other in deadly combat before vanishing into clouds of six winged butterflies.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

The blank empty robe regarded The Fool. And then spoke in a voice that approached monotone, but steered clear of it and descended in vaguely unsettling and threatening.

This sentence serves as elaboration. This sentence apologizes that the last sentence lied. This sentence requests to know why am I here. This sentence waits for your reply.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

"That is not a question so easily answered. I created you so that you might shoulder the burden of divine truth, but why there is such a burden, and in what way it will manifest I cannot say."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

The Blow is Struck

Wasting no time, Drugal rushed over to the child as silently as he could on the side opposite the servant, swinging his knife down to end the child's life. He could kill the elderly servant when the boy king was dead, but now that his target was in sight, it would not do to dilly dally.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Land of Beauty

Isyldar looked upon the world and sighed. "There is not enough chaos here.. Too much order for my taste" he observed. He flew down to the ground, making himself invisible to any passersby while he made a human form for himself so he could gather information about the world which he had been born into without arousing suspicion.

Isyldar created a body that was befitting of himself. 6 feet tall, and muscled, just as much as a farmhand would be after years worth of hard work. Bright green eyes twinkling with malice, and red ruby lips that hid teeth sharpened to points. Long flowing black hair, as dark as night itself. His usual clothing would consist of a long hooded robe, so very few mortals actually saw his human form, but he had to make sure. When he wanted to travel speedily, he would form two great wings on his back made up of black feathers, as dark as his hair.

He walked around for awhile, listening in on conversations and arguments, so that he could follow through with his great plan of woe. He had just passed by a tavern when a stray thought caught his attention. "Atheris is taking over this place, I swear. Why has the king forsaken us so? He's meant to protect us, not leave us to her wrath!" said one of the males having a drink after work. "Hmm, possibly someone to use against these pitiful people? Perhaps my mother may know something about this land..." Isyldar pondered.

He formed his wings and took flight above the tavern where he had gleaned the information to start putting his plan into action. "Mother! I request guidance!" he sent a thought into the void, hoping Savorla could help him with some information about this place he had stumbled upon. "I should have asked her first..." he chided himself in the depths of his mind.
    Savorla appears next to him, a soft smile on her face, the ice that seems to coat her eyes looking far thinner than it normally does.

"What guidance do you seek, Sower of Chaos? And why should I grant it, when you chose to fly from Netheli as soon as you were birthed? That hardly seems the action of one who respects me, to stay not even long enough to say that you would go...

But you are of my making. So perhaps a compromise is in order, since I am fond of you, despite your lack of tact... Make me an offer for my guidance, and if the terms are acceptable to me, I will grant it, if I can; otherwise, we will renegotiate. Is that acceptable to you?"

20. - Top - End - #950

BlueWizardGirl

The Heavens

"The gate will be routinely open. During the day, it will stay open, but during the night it can be opened. It can only be opened from Exaclone's side. I must admit, I haven't decided where to put it on the main world yet."

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought of that too, only, after I posted about it.

Silver Fire Island

The Knight created an opportunity. He figured he could roll with the scrape, using it as a chance to overpower Jericho. The dagger did more damage than he thought it would, running straight into his left eye, blinding him in one eye and scaring his eyelid. He screamed, in frenzy, "Ahhhh, you evil b*****d!" In an arm wrestle, Jericho would have won on a regular day. Here, Jericho's shoulder was injured, and he was using one arm to hold off the knight's weapon. The knight was using both of his arms, and he pushed as hard as he could with the strong of his sword. He pushed off of the blade lock, and swung one clean, long whip of his blade to the right. He put all of the force he could into this attack, hoping he could catch Jericho in a stumble, and slice into his armor.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

The robed god extended his bandaged hand over the pool and reformed Isanvrede appeared from the ripples, although it was far from the Isanvrede that any being could remember. Darker, colder, hungrier. Grasping the terrible weapon the god touched it's tip, tipping apart a small part of it's bandages to reveal absolutely nothing beneath.

This sentence serves as a statement, that their is no divine truth. This sentence wonders why you are. This sentence wonders why you still are.

Spoiler
    Show
    15+4 AP -4 create Relic

Reformed Isanvrede (MODS tel me if this ok, my reasoning is if an artifact can be permanent curse or a reduce the cost of an action by 1 this should be equal): Isanvrede is now formed of hunger not Ice, it's weilder has -2 to modifier, but may use 3 curse actions for every one curse action.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-09-08 at 11:41 AM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

The images that made up the Fool began to shift faster as if to the beat of an ever increasing heart rate. Somewhere inside the lie that held up the truths of the world began to tremble.

"Explain yourself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Isanvrede is still infused, so we could go about this a few ways, the first would be that the hunger consumes the infusion, thereby destroying it (and freeing up a slot for me) the modifier is now 0, or the modifier is minus 2 and the spear grants 6 curse AP to the wielder. Whichever you prefer really.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

The empty god looked at The Fool, the tip of Isanvrede digging deeper into the empty robes of what used to be Isanloff.

This sentence can serve as the beginning or end of a paragraph depending on its placement. This sentence notes the same could be said about myself. This sentence elaborates that the previous sentence in reference to the first sentence where you replace the word sentence with the word myself obviously also replaces the word paragraph with existence. This sentence explains that truth is real. This sentence furthers your understanding by stating that my previous statements deny divinity not truth. This sentence wonders why you pretend to be divine. This sentence wonders what the use of pretending is. This sentence definitely serves as the end.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll definitely take the option of modifier is minus 2 and the spear grants 6 curse AP to the wielder. But that strikes me as too powerful.....

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

The Huntress

Night had fallen upon the army's camp. Beneath the bright moonlight, the humans had raised tents beyond counting to house their knights and soldiers. The Huntress could see from her vantage point that many fires dotted the landscape, and a few of the humans were still walking about, presumably carrying messages or getting off to bed. Some were eating around the fires, talking over their rations and discussing what glories they would find in the future

Her red eyes narrowed. And somewhere down there was the man her friend had come to kill. Someone who knew what had happened to the Butler. She lowered herself to the ground and slowly slithered towards the camp, keeping quiet and moving slowly through the grass.

It took a long while, but her ears were open and her movements calculated, as she listened to the soldiers speak of their leader and learned where his tent was located. She slid under the flaps, flat as paper, and brought herself up silently.

Where is the Butler. The Huntress said coldly as she rose to her full height.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-08 at 05:17 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #955

Dragonloft

"Then my lord Aquaeris bids you good day, and requests a visit to his realm for a pleasant, nonviolent visit as soon as you will it. You may bring as many warriors as you wish if you trust him not, but his motives are honorable."

Michael and Sofia

The two were ushered into a huge palace, adorned with many paintings, murals, and tapestries. The place was ringed with many goblin guards, in ready poses with various weapons. They eventually entered a room of gold and red decorations. In the far end of the room, on an inlaid throne, there sat a middle-aged goblin wearing an elaborate robe. His belt had a deadly-looking scimitar in it, but by his looks, he was a scholar.

"Greetings, Michael of Tribe Kilos and company. I've watched your movements with interest, and I wish to know a few things."

His hand tapped the throne's armrest.

"What do you want of the Emirates? Would your people bring peace or war to us if they knew of us?"
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

26. - Top - End - #956

Silver Fire Island

The knight's blade went deep, maybe too deep. Jericho exhaled sharply, then went limp folding around the knight's sword. He barely keeps concious.

He reaches up and gropes for the knight's throat, trying to wrap his fingers around the knight's throat.

"Y, you'll d-destroy the Isle and you can't see it, can you?"

The Captain's Tent

The sight that greets the Huntress is horrifing. The Butler is here, but he's not exactly in one piece. Several jars filled with Shadow stuff rest on top of a table, on of which contains the still living head of the Butler. The only sign of life is of course the moans of agony.

Behind this table the Captain of the Knightly Order of the Spear strokes his stuble. Beside him is a Ravenkin woman, who seems to be the first to notice the Shadow.

"Sir-"

"You may go Lieutenant."

The Ravenkin woman frowned but nodded, before... did she just turn into mist? Whatever she did, the woman disappears and a light haze floats past the Shadow and into the camp.

"So," the Captain continues as if nothing out of the ordinary had occured, "The Butler was its name?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Your decision whether Shadows' heads can natually survive seperated from their body or if The Imposter is keeping The Butler alive with Aimacy.

Also in case you're wondering, he's pronoucing Lieutenant Left-tenant.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Silver Fire Island

The knight's blade went deep, maybe too deep. Jericho exhaled sharply, then went limp folding around the knight's sword. He barely keeps concious.

He reaches up and gropes for the knight's throat, trying to wrap his fingers around the knight's throat.

"Y, you'll d-destroy the Isle and you can't see it, can you?"

The Captain's Tent

The sight that greets the Huntress is horrifing. The Butler is here, but he's not exactly in one piece. Several jars filled with Shadow stuff rest on top of a table, on of which contains the still living head of the Butler. The only sign of life is of course the moans of agony.

Behind this table the Captain of the Knightly Order of the Spear strokes his stuble. Beside him is a Ravenkin woman, who seems to be the first to notice the Shadow.

"Sir-"

"You may go Lieutenant."

The Ravenkin woman frowned but nodded, before... did she just turn into mist? Whatever she did, the woman disappears and a light haze floats past the Shadow and into the camp.

"So," the Captain continues as if nothing out of the ordinary had occured, "The Butler was its name?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Your decision whether Shadows' heads can natually survive seperated from their body or if The Imposter is keeping The Butler alive with Aimacy.

Also in case you're wondering, he's pronoucing Lieutenant Left-tenant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    An idea i've had in my head for a while is that Shadows reproduce by cutting off bits of their tails and leaving them in a shadow on Shadow Key. But yeah, Aimancy in this case - Shadow can't survive this kind of damage.

The Huntress was shocked into silence once she took in the full nature of the scene. Her blood red eyes were wide and glowing for a few tense seconds as she listened to the horrid moaning of the classiest of the Shadows. After those few seconds, the bright glow of her eyes narrowed angrily.

HIS name. She snarled with the furious voice of a woman possessed. You little scumbag, what did you do to him?!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #958

The Captain's Tent

The Imposter's eyes widened like a child who found where a piece of a puzzle fits. "Ah, so you do have genders. You see your friend here was uncooperative when I tried to ascertain his true nature. You see, I'm not just a knight, I'm a scientist at heart, and an Aimancer, I've been using it to keep his different pieces animated while I performed this rather invasive Vivisection. It was frustrating as I could not find any internal organs. Still the practice itself was edifying."

A curved blue sword lay before him, he made no move towards it. But it was the only weapon in sight. The Imposter smiled fondly.

"I admit, our fight was the most stimulating 30 seconds I've had since coming to the North."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

29. - Top - End - #959
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The High Roads

Yohalles the Younger finally gets up and dusts himself off. As he does so he thinks back on things he's done and feels his domain expanding. Selflessness? A good thing to have among my domains.....balances the anger. he takes a step and teleports in front of Yohalles the Elder War is coming

I know. Yohalles the Elder taps Deathbringer.

We need to become one, so we are balanced again.

For a short time.....so we don't make rash decisions.

The Elder and the Younger grasp eachother's wrists and suddenly they both disappear, replaced with a middle-aged Yohalles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 0
    Rollover: +5 AP
    Gain Domain: Virtue(Selflessness) -3AP
    Ending AP: 2

AP used to qualify for domain gain
    Bless: Mirage Empire gain access to the Hasen:1AP
    Bless: The Druids gain access to the Hasen: 1AP
    Create Fabled Concept: The Selfless Gift: 4AP
    Bless: The entire world gains The Selfless Gift: 1AP

7AP total
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #960

Silver Fire Island

Jewel could not pretend that some of the things that Jericho said had not gotten to her. In particular, she remembered a time when she had been slightly upset with Jib, and later had calmed down. He couldn't have used his magic on me, could he?

Seeing how evenly matched the fight is, Jewel collects a coconut from nearby, and approaches the combatants. She got as close as she dares, if Jericho's grapple succeeded, she would hit him over the head with it point blank. If not, she could always throw it. She was fairly certain she could get away in time if need be.

The Fertile Valley
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll pretend like I didn't tell you her name in my last post. It's no big deal.
    Sounds good, should make it a bit more fun when the drakes attack.

"Her" Merk corrected, then said, "her name is Cera. I'm sure she would be delighted to meet you, and hear your plan."

Merk lead Zerachiel into the valley, and showed him to where Cera was likely to be. As he walked through homes, and workers tending their fields, his abnormal race was quick to turn heads. Merk waved to the people, who were quick to return to their work, trusting the archer. When they found her, Zerachiel saw that she looked no better off than any of the farmers they had passed, and dirt stains indicated that she did a good amount of farming herself. In fact, the only person who looked decorated was Merk, with his great big bow, and fancy hippogriff gear. Cera was a middle aged woman with darker hair, and bright white eyes. She keeps a slender form and comely face despite her age, and her hair falls charmingly around her eyes and face. "Hello," she greets Zerachiel warmly, "my name is Cera, welcome to the fertile valley."

Razorpine Forest
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rorik said he would rather not play this war out so that we can get it done, so I'm thinking we go from strategy strait to aftermath. How does that sound to you?

"Of course," Brenson said, "that sounds like how you will be most effective." Flaeme casually disregards the cleric, and says, "We will leave you to your own methods. Whatever you think most prudent for this war; although, it would not be good if they got their hands on our druid stone. It is located near the center of our forest."

Dragonloft

Jarla proceeds down the hall, keeping mainly to the shadows and making as little sounds as possible. Savorla, give me strength, she prayed.