New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Alchazzar

The Shade drifted back to the gathering once Ombra has left. He faced Savorla, a scowl on his ghostly face. "The payment? Anything you want... the support of the armies of your fellow Gods of Evil... Relics seized from the hands of our fallen foes." The Shade chuckled. "Nothing is free, Savorla, even we must work for our spoils..."

Looking back, ensuring Ombra was gone. "I agree with you, however, about Ombra... destroying this universe is not my intention... we will rule over it, and tear down the creations that are unworthy... the Afterlife, the weaklings, those too pathetic to speak for themselves. I will not have my armies obliterate everything that the other gods have worked for... especially not when we can re-purpose it instead."

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alchazzar]

"What?"
    , Savorla asked sweetly, a dangerous undercurrent of confusion and malice mingling in her tone. "Do we not, then, get spoils in any case, for what we defeat, that you can offer them as payment for my joining? Surely, there has been some confusion... And what is this about support? I had taken that to be a clause of the joining already.

Surely, you wouldn't be trying to buy me with things I get merely for joining, would you? Nor would those who already have get nothing in return save -"
    she shot a significant glance at Vargull, the wolf-god, as she spoke. "- leashes held by you?""

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Tower of Clockwork- or the current location of the Red Eye

The Crone laughed, "You should thank me! How do you think she would've reacted to your, 'I'm going to destroy the world act?' Do you really think she wouldn't have teleported in there and tried to take apart the circle then and there?"

The Crone's smile faded, "But what do you intend to do. Belsheroth will not give you a soul and kidnapping a sentient being in exchange for service is slavery."

Then something happened and the Crone hissed, "Belsheroth, you idiot!"

Acabare

Gwyn bowed at Kipt's arrival. Then, Belsheroth speaks, he says her brother's name and she doesn't hear the rest.

Gwyn's eyes widened, "M-Morgash?? My brother!" She clenched her eyes shut and shook head slowly.

"That cannot be true, he threw himself into the Well to save us. He would not do these things!"

The Smallfolk Province

Sandra got a little red, "Belsheroth is not a star!"

Kuruk held out a hand, "Theological discussions aside, who would I speak to negotiate regular trade? I mean, what sort of society do you have?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Alchazzar]

"What?"
    , Savorla asked sweetly, a dangerous undercurrent of confusion and malice mingling in her tone. "Do we not, then, get spoils in any case, for what we defeat, that you can offer them as payment for my joining? Surely, there has been some confusion... And what is this about support? I had taken that to be a clause of the joining already.

Surely, you wouldn't be trying to buy me with things I get merely for joining, would you? Nor would those who already have get nothing in return save -"
    she shot a significant glance at Vargull, the wolf-god, as she spoke. "- leashes held by you?""
    The Shade glared at Savorla. "Enough. It is obvious where your heart lies, witch. You spread deceit as well as Ombra, though you have wit to back it up. If you cannot see the wisdom of joining the Circle and reaping the rewards, then you should leave, before I loose my patience."

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    The Shade glared at Savorla. "Enough. It is obvious where your heart lies, witch. You spread deceit as well as Ombra, though you have wit to back it up. If you cannot see the wisdom of joining the Circle and reaping the rewards, then you should leave, before I loose my patience."
    Savorla pouted, mock-frowning at The Shade.

"What, only as well? And here I thought I was doing so much better...

And I see that there are rewards inherent in joining the Circle,"
    she went on, seeming far more serious, even going to the extent of sitting up straight in the uncomfortable stone throne. "I simply wish a little extra at the start. After all, why should I accept nothing but rewards that might never materialize, should we lose, in exchange for risking the wrath of some of the most powerful beings ever to have known this world?

As for where my heart lies... You gather together all of the evil deities in existence, and you expect me not to be selfish? Is not that what your whole argument is based on, the fact that we refuse to share with the good deities?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-16 at 02:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcabare

"Nevertheless, it is true. But he does not do these things out of malice, but out of madness."
    Belsheroth bowed his head in reflection.
    "His death and subsequent resurrection have damaged his mind and he is no longer the same being he once was. But we must steel our hearts and mourn for him later. For even now, in his madness, he conspires to destroy us."
    He hugged Gwyn, partly to comfort her, partly to prevent her from doing something unspeakably noble, heroic and idiotic.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

War in the North

As the assassins and riders of the Cerunians moved to harry the armies of the South, the Knights charged for the Black Reach's lines... and the Black Reach responded. Columns of spear holding men and lycanthropes rushed forward, to form long heavy lines of spears interlaced in deadly rows, while bowmen launched salvos at the Knights and at any of their levies that might attempt to harry the forces of the Black Reach.

Meanwhile Vuk'Garan began to position his forces, riders flaring out to the sides his elite warriors ready to enter the fray and cut down the knights once they become bogged down in the soldiery of the Black Reach. He himself marched forward amongst the Spearmen, a black lance held in one hand and his obsidion blade in the other, a banner bearing the terrible black gauntlet of the Black Reach on blazoned red, ready to meet the Knights himself. He roared in challenge, and in bloodthirsty joy.

Alchazzar

As the other deities spoke, the vaporous form of Vargull began to take shape, from the nothing sprang forth armor of purest night, full body plate, spiked gauntlets and terrible pauldrons, horns jutting like the ears of a wolf atop his head, the knights mouth-guard shaped like a wolf's muzzle, and the pelt of a great white wolf hanging from his back, the Claidheamh Vaolg was now gripped in the gauntleted hand of a terrible Warlord King. He spoke again, his voice now deeper and with the tinny bass of one speaking through metal. "She speaks truth Morgash. Did you think you would gather the dark spirits of the world, and they would not perhaps expect more in exchange for aiding you? Nevertheless, I will commit to your cause, for it is the cause of War and therefore my cause Holy. But, I make one 'request'. I am the eldest evil alive on this world, yourself not included for you spent much of your existence as a non evil being, and you've been dead quite a long time. Consequently, far more of my own followers reside in Hell, despite a great number joining my Fathers, and now my, Horde. For this reason I would request that Hell be made mine to rule when it is conquered. I would also wish that you do not tell Ombra about any dealings we might have on this matter. Perhaps he can win your trust, but I have watched him and his followers, and I have fought against him. You cannot truly know the heart of a god or a man without crossing blades, and mine has crossed his. He is a revolutionary, he is one with the shadows. Whether he has turned to evil or not is irrelevant to my mind. Evil or not, I believe he will betray us. It is in his nature to rebel against any and all authority."

Spoiler
    Show
    10AP=15AP-1AP Join Pantheon: Circle of Darkness, -4AP Create Relic: Armor of the Black Reach
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-09-16 at 03:59 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Alchazzar

Setebos stood quietly near the wall, lost in dark exploration as he fantasied about the murderous war that would eventually spring about by this newly formed alliance. It was only when Savorla spoke her words to Morgash did his attention spring back fully into the conversation. He ignored Vargull and Morgash's dialogue, and spoke directly to Savorla.

"Think your words carefully, for I am dog to no lord. But if you were to label me and my comrades as such I assure you I for one can fully feign the ferocity of a mongrel's hunger, and if your intentions should prove contrary to the will of this circle, I will hunt you down as one."

He eyes became beaded and he gave a quick glance to the other gods before returning to Savorla. "War is comprised of allies and enemies, and nothing more. There will be two sides to this; there will be no middle ground. I would decide carefully which side I qualified more for if I thought one was about to began."

Then as abruptly as he interjected he stopped, and turned to Morgash. "Father, I am sure you are capable here on your own to
    conclude any matters, time is short and there is much preparation I need to take. I will return before you to your realm shortly. I extend my apologies for such a sudden departure."
    He then gave a small courtly bow toward him. He does so briefly to each of the other attendees present, even Savorla. "To those who join us, I extend my greetings, my power," he takes a step back, "and a farewell."

With a monstrous rumble the ground beneath Setebos gives way, and a throng of decaying arms shoot up from a newly formed portal on the ground. The portal resembles a crumbling well, and each arm crawls out of its mouth over one another like many crabs scuttling to reach freedom at the top of a barrel. From the depths of the well numerous maddened voices could be heard whispering requests, pleas for vengeance and retribution. The countless hands crawl their way up Setebos' body, and as he cackles uncontrollably at the spectral, they drag him down into the darkness of the well and the portal closes.
    Last edited by A.P.Carry; 2012-09-16 at 07:27 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Spire of the Damned

"I'm currently working on extracting The Virus from Veran with a clone of myself. Armies with formidable magic are always useful" said Isyldar with a grin. A few of the Awakened behind him disappeared, but Isyldar didn't look worried. His grin just grew even wider.

Highest Tower of the Palace, Veran, Capitol of The Virus

Iclone sensed another presence approach the tower as he did, but more slowly. He took no heed and continued with a burning curiosity put in him by his master.

As he reached the tower, he saw guards inside holding Alyverai chained up with their soul magic to the wall, but he was straining to break free and babbling gibberish. They had to have ten guards at the least watching him and keeping him chained at each time.

He gathered some green energy in his hand and flung it at the barred window, breaking it and allowing him to fly through in a rush of his wings, as he flung more power at the guards, subduing them. Alyverai saw this all happen as his powers came rushing back to him, as they had been slowly drained by the guards. He made a whip of rainbow energy and cracked it over Iclone's head, causing him to growl in anger. "Back beast! I've survived this long, I shall not be subdued by a mere bird!" shouted Alyverai in his deep voice. Iclone merely howled, a sound so piercing that Alyverai fell to his knees in pain and the whip disintegrated. Iclone summoned a shimmering barrier of green energy around Alyverai, so he couldn't use his magnificent powers.

"Who are you and what do you think you are doing to just barge in here?" said Alyverai, once again struggling at the new bonds which held him in check. "Don't you recognise your old master Alyverai? The one who everyone thought had abandoned your people?" said Iclone as he grinned, manipulating Alyverai and his people for forever more.

Alyverai gasped as his master showed his true form to him. "Alyveran, where have you been all this time?". Iclone said with a malicious smile "I have been but in the shadows, awaiting a time to return. There is even an Archangel of Belsheroth hiding outside listening in on our conversation, but he would never reveal himself to you. Now, I believe we have a problem to deal with outside with that positively dreadful cloud of ash covering your pretty shield. How about we deal with that?" He formed wings identical to his own and placed them on Alyverai's back. "Take these with my blessing Alyverai. You and your people need it in this time of need" said Iclone with a kind smile. "Thank you Master" said Alyverai with a grin akin to Iclone. They both jumped into the air, and ten Awakened appeared before them. "Ahh, my humble servants. Let us spread the good news shall we?" said Iclone. The Awakened merely grunted and flew out to spread the news to The Virus. Iclone looked at Vanyanil, summoned a hat and tipped it to him. "Good day to you sir" said Isyldar with a cheerful laugh, and the hat disappeared in a puff of green smoke.

Isyldar heard a puff and looked up. "Why am I wearing a hat?" he thought with an annoyed tone at Iclone. All he got back was gleeful laughter echoing throughout his mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 6.

Bless AP1: Alyverai is cured of his insanity, and now has wings. The Virus are shielded from the other gods, and won't know of their whereabouts unless told personally by Isyldar of his own free will. Essentially any of the lands occupied by The Virus will be hidden from any deity unless Isyldar has said to that deity "Hey look, that's where they are". (kind of like the Fidelius charm in Harry Potter, with Isyldar being the Secret Keeper)

Curse AP1: The Virus believe that Isyldar is Alyveran who has come to save them, and will follow his orders as if he really was Alyveran. They also believe that The Awakened/The Awakening are the Devils/Hell's Army.

End AP: 4.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

Elsewhere

Wigbach had no throne, nor form, nor place in the world. Wigbach wasn't above good and evil, or law and chaos, he was separate from it. His goals where not evil per se, they simply were. He didn't care about the good gods, nor the evil ones - for they weren't gods... neither was he. He didn't want to prove it, he simply tried to... want...want is a strong word. It was who he was. He wanted. He wanted nothing. Yet wanting nothing is not like aiming to create nothing, or to reduce everything to nothing... wanting nothing... is like a starving man presented a grain of rice for a meal. Inconsequential.

Atheism spread... famine spread. The work of multiple despoilers already begun to reduce the minerals in the soil and the water - life was slowly becoming harder to maintain. Give it a thousand years and the world would be a desert and the oceans silt. Thousand years... he could wait.

The false sparks spread as well. One of them was a man named Henry Ford. Away from the gods for thousands of years... the island nation of Fortheim flourished. It advanced in science and technology while the world relied on magic and incompetent mortals who styled themselves gods. When Mr. Ford received his spark, he elevated the city above all others. It was a beautiful thing... spires and domes... the cities of the gnomes couldn't compare...and yet he grew more erratic, more experiments, more energy, more...more...more. For Ford was the example Wigbach wanted to show. That any mortal could rise to the heights of the "gods" and that any mortal could fall as hard. For one day... off the coast of the great continent.. a flash was seen. Bright as ice and just as cold. Brief like the a dying candle...

And all that was left of Fortheim... was nothing... just like Wigbach.

Spoiler
    Show
    False Spark (Taking over the character Henry Ford) - breifly obviously...

Fortheim is wiped off the map....

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Moonlit Night Somewhere in The Land of Beauty

"Will you marry me?"

It was a quiet somber night. Lillia had just finished her chores around her family farmstead. She was hasty to finish them in order to meet Jarndell in time. They were to meet in the woods that laid on the edge of the village by the communal Barn. parts of her didn't want to meet Jarndell, but mixed feelings plagud her, and she felt obligated to herself, and even to Kris to bring some closure to this whole romantic love triangle.

"I cannot Jarndell. I have already told you this." She swayed away from him.

"Lillia stop speaking such madness! Kris is dead and gone and what of you? Would be an unwed maid your whole life."

She stopped and thumbed a jagged lion's tooth in her front apron pocket, a momento Kris had given her from one of his many hunts some years ago. She found it let her think in times of chaos, but sadly, some of Jarndell's words were making sense. He continued.

"If he were still alive I would never dream of this confession. Yet that is not the case. Death is a natural thing, and quite often
    something one must come to accept"

She still remained silent, quiet while she watched his shadow bounce with animation in the torchlight. He took her hand.She tried to pull it away but he was firm, and softly pressed it against his own chest.

"Feel this heart." She could hear the gentle springs in the far distance beating against shallow rocks, and surprisingly found herself unconsciously matching their sounds to Jarnell's racing heartbeat, "It beats for you. It always has, but I never had the courage nor the opportunity to fully tell you till recently."

She realized she was holding her breath and looked up to him, onehand motionless on the lion tooth, the other on Jarndell.

"Jarndell, I-" Something else had taken away her breath suddenly, and her gaze returned downward to see a long black swordsticking out of her chest. It had driven itself through her, her hand, Jarndell's hand, and Jarndell's heart. It happened so quickly that she could hardly feel pain of the wound. Jarndell's face was frozen; blood trickling from his mouth and nose. Then she heard his voice.

"Jarndell, you murderous swine, a pig greedy and filthy in all his ways. You think to have taken my woman; my life from me? You have mistaken severely." It was the voice of Kris. Oh my. He was living. She did not have the energy to turn to see his face one last time, she could only feel the cold grip of his gauntlet on her shoulder and the cold steel of his sword. She was kicked off the blade along with Jarndell as they both laid upon one another in a dying heap. The last words she heard was Kris',"You killed me once Jarndell, I suffered once, but I shall ensure that you suffer well beyond your death."

Why was he talking like that? What had happened? Why was she so cold? Why didn't he kiss her? He could still kiss her couldn't he? Then everything turned black.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wrath Knights (LE creatures)

Description: Wrath Knights function much like Dread Wraths, as they are incorporeal beings, and share almost all the same properties as them. The key difference is that they can cast spells in any of Setebos' domains as a blackguard of the same level before they turned into a Dread Wrath. Although Dread Knights are technically undead beings, they're mortal senses and memories are so intact it is almost as if they have returned to life via a cleric's resurrect spell, and thus retain any skills and feats they had in life. This being said they are extremely skewed toward vengeance, and this takes precedence over all other ties they may had in life.

They form from spirits with immense and urgent vengeance or regret in their heart, and upon spawning seek to bring closure to that affair. Any killed by Wrath knights turn into other Wrath Knights (much like Dread Wraths create other Wraths), although only if the victim has the necessary strength (level) and will (suffiencent vengeance left in their heart, although Wrath knights will never seek vengeance on another Wrath Knight). If they don't meet these prerequisites the victims turn into mindless undead versions of themselves instead.

They always carry incorporeal forms of weapons they used in life, and they always form in black armor similar to Setebos. Moreover, the armor will always bear an emblem carved into it of a burning tiger inside a shield (the symbol of Setebos). They are unnatural beings strictly loyal to Setebos, and upon claiming their own revenge (if there is any to claim) they will seek him out and act as his hand to the best of their abilities until their demise.

1 ap Create Life- Wrath Knights
    2 ap Form Organization- Although Wrath Knights are intelligent and give off the impression they have a free will, they unwaveringly serve Setebos in all ways. They first and foremost are his personal brigade, and serve his will to the best of their abilities.

Current ap 18 -3= 15
    Last edited by A.P.Carry; 2012-09-16 at 10:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Tower of Clockwork- or the current location of the Red Eye

The Crone laughed, "You should thank me! How do you think she would've reacted to your, 'I'm going to destroy the world act?' Do you really think she wouldn't have teleported in there and tried to take apart the circle then and there?"
    What the hell kind of shard ARE you? You withold information from your greater self because you think yourself wiser?! He grabbed the Crone by her shoulders. Gwyn NEEDS this information if she or anyone else is going to stop the circle and you know it.

The Crone's smile faded, "But what do you intend to do. Belsheroth will not give you a soul and kidnapping a sentient being in exchange for service is slavery."
    I intend to steal it. He said coldly. After that... believe me, you do not want to know.

Then something happened and the Crone hissed, "Belsheroth, you idiot!"
    He blinked. What happened?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #1153

BlueWizardGirl

Acabare

Tresingiis appeared, having flown in from whatever he was doing previously. (I actually am not sure what he was doing previously. . .) "The terms of our agreement summon me to your aid. What shalt we do to thwart the rising axis of competition?" He stood tall, he turned to Belsheroth, "I guess portals and monsters will have to wait for a time."

Tulmany, The Hunters

The guard elaborated on his last clause, "While none of the tribes have the authority to fire Reddulch, the tribes have always had a strong sense of honor. There are two men that Reddulch respects. Your elder could tell you more about them though."

The Elder speaks, "One of those who he respects is Leon, (not you, Yeshon, the other Leon) The other is Drestin. Leon resides in the city of Shreddokk, but that might not be any better off than Tulmany. More poverty has spread there than here, and Leon is a very lawful person, not to be convinced easily that his leader is evil. Drestin has been sent off on many scouting and foreign relations missions. Guard, where have they sent him most recently?"

The guard answered the elder's inquisitiveness, "They've sent him off north of here. We don't know exactly where he is, but he's not in a city where the corruption has spread, he might know as much about what's happened as you did, and be just as angry."

The border between Calasancti and Mirage
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as I know, the only border here is a line where the sand stops, and the ground picks ups, but whatever is here, Drestin is approaching it. I promise that this plot won't be solely for a shipment of wood. . . Seriously, how far away are the settlements of Calasancti from the border?

It might be for the worse, it might be for the better, but Drestin and his crew made their way through the desert to the place the Mirage Empire heard of from the goblins they picked up after the Lokab Empire dissolved. Knights of the Spear and Calasancti. Their mission was fairly straightforward; Find a leader of Calasancti, and determine relations. They didn't know of any of the controversy behind Calasancti, or the vampires. As they crossed the border into the land of Men, they where completely oblivious to the war in the north.

Tulmany, The Beggars

The man left the speaker, and returned with his family. They felt the blessing of the Cult of the Damned, and followed them down the street. As did many families. Reddulch soon got word of this, and he was not happy about it. How dare they worship a different god? I am the deserving Emperor. He told his guards off and walked towards the town square where this cult had gathered.

V for Victory

Tylarch was in awe of Garrug's army. "This is insane, The Mirage Empire will be wiped off the map. The Lokab Empire will rule again, but this time. . . This time we will fear no evil, no god who just wants to smite us." He skated across the desert at a breakneck speed, as if on flying roller blades that hover a few feet above the ground. He made his way to Shreddokk just before dawn, and as he ordered, Everyone was there.

All of the goblins faithful to Lokab, all of the Cretaum who lost faith in the gods or in the validity of Reddulch and the Mirage Empire. The Smithing guild provided each of them with weapons and armor that was supposed to go to Reddulch's army that never was. The guards and militias only have spears, and this new force has swords, flails, and fully plated armor, decked out with interlocking metal pieces and gauntlets. Surely spears could not hold up against Ironclads. Tylarch spoke to them, "Goblins and Cretaum of the Mirage Empire, Your leader is evil! Reddulch has forsaken your religion, that which I never cared for to begin with. Reddulch requires that you worship Him! He demands Our Worship!, WELL, WHO THE HELL IS HE!?!?WE ARE THE PROUD PEOPLE OF THIS LAND, NO FALSE GOD SUCH AS ONE WHO CLAIMS LORDSHIP CAN EVER RULE OVER US!ALL OF THEM ARE FALSE GODS! WE ARE THE TRUE OWNERS OF THIS LAND, RISE FORTH AND TAKE BACK OUR LOKAB EMPIRE!!!"

The people listened to Tylarch, they agreed with him. He never asked for their worship, just their cooperation. The result was slaughter. The guards and those faithful enough to Reddulch to fight back where ineffective at quelling this insurrection. Shreddokk was taken under the banner of the Lokab Empire.

This happened as dawn rose from the horizon. This very night, even more history was to be made. During the day, Tylarch rejoined Garrug, as their armies marched towards Tulmany, a half a days walk away, they would never see it coming.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-09-16 at 12:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

14. - Top - End - #1154

Acabare

Gwyn struggled against her uncle's embrace, "Let me go! I have to help him! I have to-"

She stopped struggling and for the second time she began to cry, clutching her uncle. But her voice, was angry. "Who is doing this?? First my father, now Morgash! Why are they coming back now?? Why couldn't my memory have been right? Why couldn't they have just died heroes?"

Eventually she stopped talking and by sheer will, she held her emotions in check. "You may let me go uncle, I will not attack these gods alone. But I ask that you help me, when the time comes to drag them both back to sanity."

She looked up at her uncle, "You will help me, won't you?"

Before he could answer a red orb appeared in Gwyn's hands, with a note attached to it,

Intellegence on your brother's activities curtiosy of Ombra.

-The Crone

P.S. I really enjoyed Ombra's acting, I hope you will too

Gwyn raised an eyebrow, looking into the Orb, she found the answer to an unasked question.

The Tower of Clockwork

"Belsheroth just revealed the fact that your father's the one behind all this."

She waited a moment then breathed a sigh of relief, "Good, she didn't charge in. I'll send the orb to her now."

The orb dissappeared with a flash of light. "She'll be able to play back the contents correct? I do hope you weren't recording this little conversation."

The Crone suddenly grew serious, "If you truly intend to do this, I'd talk to Gwyn now. If you're discovered to be the one responsible for the theft of a sentient, it may be some time before she wants to talk to you again."

Acabare

Gwyn blinked when the contents finished rushing through her mind, "By the Creator, Morgash is making a new pantheon out of the evil gods. Ombra has joined, but... I think he's acting, trying to be a spy of sorts."

The War in the North

And so, the battle was joined. Lightning began to strike among the hills, where the artillery had been placed, all at Nettal's command. The battle quickly devolved into a stalemate. The knight's skill against the Vargulfi ferocity. Where the Silver Spear was the battle went fairly well. Still there had yet to be a blow capable of ending the war.

When Vuk'Garan roared his challenge, another answered it. He was already covered in blood, none of it his own. He could be recognised as the knight who charged ahead of his own.

"Vuk'Garan." He intoned. Black eyes shining amongst his sickly black aura.

The members of both armies shied away from him, even his own were horrified by the grisly visage of him.

"I have heard much of you. I am Captain Eric of the Order of the Nameless Knight and Commander of the Spear. I would be honored to send you to Hell."

The Captain readied himself, a mocking smirk adorned his face.

The False Spark made the worst qualities of a person come out. In the Imposter's case, it was pride.

Meanwhile a platoon of the Order of the Nameless Knight along with two cohorts of foot knights, charged the Cerunian artillery position, keeping a loose formation, but also admirably organised. It was almost as if the officers didn't need to speak to each other. Their objective, was to capture the artillery or failing that, destroy as many as they could.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

The Tower of Clockwork

"Belsheroth just revealed the fact that your father's the one behind all this."

She waited a moment then breathed a sigh of relief, "Good, she didn't charge in. I'll send the orb to her now."

The orb dissappeared with a flash of light. "She'll be able to play back the contents correct? I do hope you weren't recording this little conversation."
    Ombra glared at her. No. I shouldn't have to tell her. YOU should, ya know.

The Crone suddenly grew serious, "If you truly intend to do this, I'd talk to Gwyn now. If you're discovered to be the one responsible for the theft of a sentient, it may be some time before she wants to talk to you again."
    Sorrow crept into his eyes. It... makes no difference if she talks to me. He lied. I...

He shook his head. I need to go. He turned to step into the shadows.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #1156

The Crone sniffed, "Idiot."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

The Crone sniffed, "Idiot."
    No need to insult idiots by comparing me to them. Ombra stuck his head out of the shadows he was about to leave through. Don't try to start an insult fight with me Crone, we'd waste too much time. He left for the Starlight forest. For real this time.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-16 at 02:35 PM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1158

Garden of the Dead

Aquaeris bowed before the great tree in the center of the garden. Its branches were huge, overhanging. Its roots dug into the ground, hungering.
    The god knelt before the tree, placing his hands on it. "So much evil... So much darkness... One who will save us... I see him now..."

The god felt the tree speaking to him in the words of Kiloasa his father. To his right, an icy tree whispered as well, though it was dying. A mechanical tree whirred. A fiery tree, the burning mother of them all, smiled at the sea-god.

"It's time for me to slumber now, to go among you... I see wonders and horrors that are wonders..."

A daemonic tree laughed, and a bloody-knived tree almost grinned at him.

"I still watch over my mortals and my kin... Alive, but slumbering I shall remain..."

His form was shimmering brighter, brighter...

"I sacrifice my action, my strength of will, my all, to help all that is. Eternity's all."

His form glowed incandescent with knowledge, with joy and melancholy. Then it blazed with pure good intent, and it vanished. A shockwave of joy spread through the entire galaxy, carrying with it nearly all of the god. A pure wave of energy sought a woman warrior, giving her new strength and all of Aquaeris; his memories and feelings.

On the staff of the dead gods there appeared a hooded Kalpan, holding a stone sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:

(Rollover)

Gain Domain: Power (Sea)

Create Fabled Life (Deepspawn), Create Fabled Life (Hrokem)

Gain Domain: Belief (Afterlife)

Weave Plane (The Deep), Create Race (Tears of Aquaeris), Alter Land (Twofold Requiem), Create Race (Lights)

Gain Domain: Power (Change)

Create Arctifact (Drownsword), Create Greater Concept (Aímancy)

Create Greater Concept: Sacrifice
    Whenever someone is truly noble and selfless, they generate positive energy around themselves that gives them, or another of their choosing, strength. The larger their sacrifice, the greater the power given to the being is. A true sacrifice (giving up a life) will save another's life or give them incredible strength of virtue, body, and mind for about a week. It also grants the being a true sight to the pure concepts behind any being for that duration. Gods can do this as well as mortals. Additionally, a mortal or being who goes into an almost wholly inactive state willingly counts for a total sacrifice. This is what Aquaeris just did. In this case, Gwyn gets the power.

Bless: The universe. Everybody and everything feels a tiny leap of joy.
    AP: 14-3-3-3-4-1= 0 AP.

Spoiler
    Show
    If anybody investigates the Garden and reaches into Kiloasa's tree, they will find the last tiny bit of Aquaeris, alive but not acting. I intend to spend my AP fom now on as passive-type actions from that fragment, as well as still running my plot lines and characters. Aquaeris is now an Elder God.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Orc in the Playground

Dragonloft
    As Jarla goes up the stairs she reaches a door. She can hear the sounds of people eating and of people asking other people if they want to go raiding.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

20. - Top - End - #1160

Acabare

Kipt put a hand on Gwyn's close shoulder, and rubbed it comfortingly. "He must be acting, we have been through too much together for him to turn on us." Kipt said it, but did he believe it? He knew that Ombra believed the world could not be saved, but he also knew that he had feelings for Gwyn. By "we have been through too much," he had no doubt that he meant "you two have been through too much together, and he likes you too much to turn on you." Maybe I should tell Gwyn that Ombra might like her? It would certainly make her feel better about his loyalty, but it would also betray his trust. Kipt decided against it, he refused to betray his own ideals as god of love.

Tulmany: The Hunters

"That sounds like it might be the best thing to do," Randon said thoughtfully. He wasn't so sure he wanted to make a huge deal about it anymore, but contacting Drestin seemed like it would be easy enough to do. "We are hunters, aren't we? I say we should find this Drestin, don't you think?"

Smallfolk Province

Leyla nods, and feels a bit abashed about how far their argument about theology went. "Well, we have a free society if that's what you mean." "If you want to trade for some fish, or wood, or special soil that plants grow good in, you could talk to me." "You're soil is no better than all the rest of the dirt!" someone yelled before everyone began telling the strangers what they had to trade for, and asking what the newcomers even had to trade. That should make it clear enough what kind of society they had at least.

Dragonloft

Jarla listened in for a minute before thinking her plan out. She felt sure enough that these drakes would have an exit that didn't require them to cut through the training quarters of slave rooms. If they did, then she could simply follow out that same way when they left. So she sat silently, and waited for them to leave.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Forest of Starlight

Ombra appeared in the forest, eyes dark and brooding. He started searching for either Belsheroth or the soul he needed. Either would do.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1162

BlueWizardGirl

The Hunters

And so, the Hunters set off north, away from the city of Tulmany that was about to be under siege. They met up with Drestin camped out at the border with Calasancti. As they approached, Drestin came out of his tent and hailed them; "Who goes there? Friend or Foe?"

Tulmany

Between Garrug and Tylarch, there where 2000 in their insurrection's army. 500 where the twisted souls Garrug controlled and the rest where goblins and Cretaum ironclad in armor with steel weapons. The Cretaum guards that lined the city walls number 60 on the walls, shooting with crossbows and 12 bouncers at the entrance with spears. There where sure to be hundreds or thousands more inside, willing to take up arms. Tylarch knew that there was a band of clerics inside that specialize in force effects. There where roughly 50 who where just capable of shields and hammers and 13 who had mastered the art, including the chieftains of individual tribes.. Reddulch was a demi-god now, Tylarch figured he would have to confront the Emperor himself. Tylarch knew not the loyalty of the militia, which could number 5000 if everybody joined in.

They moved over the road to a signpost, if they went any further, it would be in sight, at which point they would want to attack quickly. The sun was setting, but not quickly on this night. Tylarch wanted the night to take the city by surprise. Tylarch spoke to Garrug before the battle of strategy: "Our forces are less than theirs, but ours are much better armed, their loyalty will be questionable, and their leadership shaky. They've never fought a battle, while we just came from one. There are two strategic difficulties of the fight, Reddulch, who could wave his hand and lay waste to our troops, to which it would take all my power to counter. I will handle him myself, I think in one on one, I would win. The other, or others are the three feathers of Tresingiis, which can call down fire, tornadoes, and cancel divine actions. While you lead our front, I should make way for the feathers before they know what hit them. Then, I will handle Reddulch. When I am victorious, we should be in a good position to take the city."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Tulmany

Four humanoid figures, clad in pale green robes and carrying low burning torches, walked from the city gates to the camp of Tylarch, when they got close, they waved their torches, and waited for soldiers to come see them.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ettin in the Playground

Veran

Vanyanil had eavesdropped on the conversation between Isyldar and Alyverai. He briefly considered intervening, but figured it would be too dangerous. He needed not fear this false Alyveran, but Alyverai was not exactly a weak mortal...
    He'd send word of these developments to Belsheroth and return to his other duties.

The Border of the Calasanctian Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not right next door. After all, there would be a margin of territory not suitable for agricultural purposes. I'll just have an official come and interrupt eventually.

A sole herdsman caught sight of the tent of Drestin where he conversed with the others. They were a race he had not seen and figuring reasonably that they might be trouble, he rode off to alert the border authorities.

The War in the North
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously? They're going to charge, up a hill, at a defensive position? I mean... I know the knights are awesome and everything, but that's just suicidal...

The lightning that hit the Cerunite position caused problems, but they doused their incendiaries with water to prevent fires from spreading and destroying their weaponry.
    However, the charge of the Knights to their position was foolish at best. Jarl Rushaan gestured and gave the signal to his archers and they let loose a hailstorm of arrows into the front of the charge.

Arcabare

Belsheroth nodded to Tresingiis as he arrived.
    "Naturally Gwyn."
    He released her, but remained close should she change her mind. He smiled slightly when he heard what Ombra was doing.
    "I wouldn't put it passed him to try such a dangerous thing."
    Briefly, he focussed on something in the distance.
    "Which reminds me of an appointment I just made."
    He separated a shard and sent it into the Forests of Starlight, altering the barrier slightly to allow Ombra's entrance. Just this once...

The Forests of Starlight

He appeared behind Ombra.
    "Greetings Ombra. You know there is a door?
    "Anyway, manners aside, can I help you with something?"
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-16 at 09:41 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

He appeared behind Ombra.
    "Greetings Ombra. You know there is a door?
    "Anyway, manners aside, can I help you with something?"

"Greetings Ombra.
    Actually no, I didn't. Ombra admitted. You should mark it some time.

He connected his arms beneath the sleeves of his robes. I need one of the souls here. Specifically Hedrin, the first mortal sorcerer.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-16 at 09:19 PM.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1166

Acabare

"I know and thank you, both of you." Suddenly, she felt a surge of power, "Aqaerius??" She whispered as the power entered into her. A golden mist bled from her being. It was a truly magnificent power.

"Has he decided not to come?" She asked, concerned.

The War in the North

Spoiler
    Show
    Storm, remember?

As the arrows are loosed. The wind blew. Nettal smiled upon seeing the vain efforts of these Cerunians.

The wind of Nettal's storm batted away most of the arrows. Some still found their marks sending knights to their bloody deaths. Then to the horror of the same archers that struck them down, some of the knights got up again laughing as they pulled the shafts from their bodies, only to rejoin the charge.

Eventually, walking nightmares and normal knights ramed into the Cerunian lines.

The Smallfolk Province

Kuruk suddenly feels like he's in the main market place of his home. Still, he isn't overwhelmed like the others, he's pretty used to this. He pulls out a string of pearls.

"Where I'm from we farm these for currency. If you don't want them yourselves they are very valuable to your neightbors."

He shrugs, "Other than that we have more rice and stone then we know what to do with. What we could really use is corn, livestock, and some iron if you have any."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #1167

Acabare

"This is odd," Kipt declared, lost in thought. He felt a surge in Gwyn's power that was reminiscent of Aqaeris. "I noticed Aqaeris in the garden of the dead... I think... I think he may have given you his life force..." Kipt really was thoughtful about duty to this world, now more than before. Aqaeris gave it all for what he thought was right. Even myself, I wanted to stop trying a little bit ago. Aqaeris did what he thought was best, and I can respect that.

Drestin

"Friend, I hope," Drestin replied, "are you Drestin?"

Tulmany

"Good, good. There is no power greater than necromancy and lichdom, I have no doubt that you should be able to defeat this false leader. As for me, I will command these troops as best as possible. I think you'll find my undead troops worth several of your standard soldiers; not having a life to worry about in a fight can be a huge advantage. For myself, I may need someone to... yell my orders for me. I am old- too old- and I cannot yell orders to troops over the heat of battle. Any soldier will do so long as he is obedient."

Smallfolk Province

The man studies the pearls, "can we eat them?" "Don't be ridiculous, they are just pretty for looking at," Leyla responds, "then what are they good for?" "Forget about him, I have corn, and I fancy what I see there. If you want animals, they have 'em in the next village over. Talk with me now, how many corns do you think is fair for a few of them pearls?"
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-09-16 at 09:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Veran, Capitol of the Virus

The ten Awakened were spreading the good news to The Virus, who were shocked and outraged that it took so long for their saviour to appear, but with a glance of the Awakened, their quarrels were resolved as a small trail of green smoke flew out of the eyes of the Awakened and into the eyes of The Virus.

Iclone flew himself up higher and proclaimed to the city "I have returned to save you, for it is I, Alyveran!". Coincidentally, as he said this, the shield started to falter and fade, and small bits of ash were falling through. Isyldar quickly whipped up a solution and flung the thought towards Iclone. "Eureka!" shouted Iclone in his mind "Thank you Master!" he thought back to Isyldar. Iclone started to weave powerful magic, spinning a green shield of energy that was slowly expanding around the city and enveloping it completely. Then suddenly, it was gone, and so was the shield of soul magic, leaving the ash to simply fall onto the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 4.

Alter Land AP1: Veran has been moved to the southern coast of the Eastern Continent (south of Land of Beauty, west of Grand Plume).

End AP: 3.

Southern Coast of the Eastern Continent

Veran suddenly appeared and fell into place on the coast, looking as if it had been there since the beginning of time. The sea breeze was a little chilly this far south, but The Virus would adapt. The Virus all looked rejuvenated as their magical powers came flooding back to them after holding the shield up for so long, some of them even using their powers to bring them back a small amount of time into their youth, others fixing injuries and the like that they couldn't do before because of the strain that the shield took from them.

"Feel free to expand and conquer, my Virus! There is no pitiful ash cloud holding you back from becoming what you truly are, the most powerful race of mortals in existence!" shouted Iclone while he hovered above the city. As an afterthought, he replenished their foodstores, established new farms and touched up any fallen or partially destroyed buildings in the city, helping them on their way to greatness. "To make it easier for you to spread, I shall bestow the greatest gift I can give! You can now create great mechanical birds as a fusion of magic and technology, which can be horrible weapons of war!" shouted Iclone at The Virus, as they gasped as the knowledge was inserted inside all of their minds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 3.

Bless AP1: Replenishing food stores, restoring buildings (and making new ones) and rejuvenating The Virus so they will be influenced to spread with new vigour and energy.

Create Lesser Concept AP1: Aircaft/Flight. The world has now been blessed with the ability to create great 'metal birds' of war, although the only people who have the knowledge to do this are The Virus, the same with Techmaturgy (which Alyveran gave to them before his 'demise').

End AP: 1.

Isyldar had a great thought strike him. A magnificent thought inspired by Morgash's sudden siring of a new son. So without a second thought, Isyldar raised his arm and brought down a lightning bolt of green energy flying down from the highest point in the void, and let it strike the floor in front of him, giving birth to his only son.

"Rise my son, and conquer this pitiful universe! We need more followers, and with you at our side, we shall be unstoppable! With you, they don't stand a chance!" proclaimed Isyldar in a voice that was suddenly deeper and more powerful than his usual cheerful one. His body glowed a darkened green colour, and his eyes glowed with anger and hatred towards the universe he had been born into. He imprinted his evil essence upon his son, and his knowledge, hoping it would give him more of a chance than he had at redemption. At this, Isyldar fell onto one knee, looking up at his son with his gleeful pointy grin returned to him, spread in triumph.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fyurl, Harbinger of Truest Order, is born. Welcome!
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-16 at 09:48 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

"It's fairly obvious where it is when you think about it..."
    Belsheroth reached up and scratched his head.
    "I'm sorry to break it to you Ombra... But no. His soul is under my protection from... Well... I think you know who I mean."

The War in the North
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's still an uphill charge straight into a defensive position. Storm or no storm.

The unnatural storm deflected the arrows of the Cerunites, and few of those arrows that did hit their marks had any effect. Those among the Cerunians who were superstitious made signs to warn off evil and those who were religious prayed to whatever gods they felt appropriate. But they were not foolish enough to rely on matters beyond their control to save them and they readied their spears for the Knights. Their hastily prepared barricades combined with the still solid walls of the ruins they had made their base gave them some small advantage.

Meanwhile, to the South, the Cerunian cavalry waited for more supply caravans to come through. An army marches on its stomach, and an empty stomach cared only for travelling in the direction of the kitchen.

At Cerune itself, they prepared the city for the siege that threatened them. Never before had their walls been breached, but never before had they faced such a threat.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgash smirked, turning away from the group, conjuring a spectral viewport in the air before him. He used it to scry on Ombra, watching him in the Forest of Starlight. "Take note, fellows... we can never be too paranoid around those who do not share our ideals completely. Not only is Ombra's test one of bringing me the Soul, but of what he does, and how, to obtain the soul..." The Shade stared into the viewport, using up much of his power to keep it hidden from the Gods he was spying on. The Shade frowned to himself, noticing Belsheroth near Ombra. He strained his divine senses, listening in on the conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 AP - 4 AP = 2 AP
    Create Relic: The Iridescent Viewport. A crack in space and time that can be used to scry on anything the owner wishes. It can only observe events that are currently happening, or follow around individuals that the Owner know's exist. The Iridescent Viewport utilizes much of it's inherent power to keep itself hidden from the individuals and events that it is viewing.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-16 at 09:57 PM.