New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Sophia strode to the edge of the building, "You mean that's not a constant state of being for you?"

The she saw the city, seeing the ruin this close and not from the sky, bore a whole other meaning for her. She clutched her stomach, "I think I'm going to be sick."
    The Doctor put a clawed hand on her shoulder, eyes filled with sorrow. Take a minute if you need it. He said quietly. It never gets any easier.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Spire of the Damned

"So now that we have the soul of Hedrin... What do we do with it? It seems all of your plans focus on it Morgash" said Isyldar with a frown. "I'd also like to report that The Virus have been restored, their capitol moved to the southern coast of the Eastern Continent, and they've begun preparations for war. A shard of myself watches over them. Funnily enough, I got them to believe I am Alyveran, so they shall do my bidding to the greatest extent of their power. Considering their power, that's quite powerful" said Isyldar with a pointy grin, his eyes glowing with malice.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth arrived with the soul of Hedrin. Or what he thought was the soul of Hedrin to be more accurate.
    "I apologise for this. But do not be concerned about it happening again. I shall do everything in my power to prevent that."

Arcabare

"You are correct of course Lady Gwyn. Though recent events weigh heavily on our hearts, we must look to the protection of what we hold dear."
    Belsheroth raised his hands, a map of the realms appeared, constructed of pure light. Symbols appeared representing the various forces at their disposal. Golden figures and eagles for knights, silver winged figures for Belsherai, and so on.
    "If we send the Knights into the Void to harass the Voidspawn and keep them from mobilising their forces, we can gain vital intelligence as to the layout of what we're up against.
    "I will divide the Belsherai up into divisions. I will keep one at the Forests to deter attack, one at Lusin to protect the Dark Moon, two here at Geasa to protect against invasion, and the remainder will be ready to attack the Voidspawn once we are aware of their defences."

He looked down upon the image as various figures moved around to show his suggestions in clearer detail.
    "I will go personally to seal Morgazzar and Hell to prevent the Circle of Darkness from gaining control of them.
    "What are your thoughts on this strategy Gwyn? You are the most warlike of us."

The War in the North

Despite the storm, Nettal was still foolish for approaching so close. The archers fired dozens of arrows at him, possibly tearing his wings. The shorter range allowed more arrows to find their target.

The Cerunite cavalry waited for the next caravan, waylaying messengers as they did so. But, they missed one and remained unaware of this fact. When the next caravan headed out, they waited for the right time to ambush it before charging in with swords and flaming torches.

Tulmany

The clerics of Tulmany were a strange lot as clerics went. Quickly renouncing Tresingiis in favour of Reddulch was a strange act for pious men and women of faith, but they did so anyway. Perhaps they believed Reddulch was Tresingiis reborn in mortal form. Maybe they believed Reddulch was Tresingiis's heir and that Tresingiis had left to create new lands and new worlds.
    Who could tell with people who spent so much time studying weighty books and practising esoteric arts?
    Still, they were religious enough and they clearly had the backing of something divine. So, that evening after dusk, they began to wind down their evening activities, quietly reading and getting ready for bed. Save for those select few who were skilled enough to attend to Reddulch at all times as his personal guards.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

War in the North

Vuk'Garan laughed and stepped forward, slamming his lance into the Imposter's horse. He did not drop the lance as some others might have, but merely attempted to pick up the struggling beast with the Imposter still on it, and hack at them with his sword. "Hahaha, I am a true immortal boy. Nothing has killed me in over three thousand years, I hardly think today will be an exception, but even if you are right, I shall join my god in the Spectral Horde. You... you will be the only one who faces Hell."

Alchazzar

Vargull eyed the return of Ombra suspiciously. He was not so easily swayed, and as his eyes returned to Morgash, Vargull wondered in the specter were so easily convinced either. Time would tell.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cerune-Post War

Sophia shook her head, I'm fine, I'm fine. She wasn't really, knights had done this.

Finally she was able to speak past the nausea, "I'll manage, what matters is that we get the ones responsible for this."

War of the North

Nettal smiled as he was assailed by arrows, they shattered on impact as if hitting stone. Unfortunately for the warriors of Cerune, he was stone.

"Cute." Nettal whispered, "I suppose next you'll try stabbing me with pointy sticks? The magic of our great departed lord is better than that."

Even as he spoke, fire erupted from his being and streaked towards the Cerunian army.

Spoiler
    Show
    Keep in mind Nettal is literally the most powerful druid alive (established by Elricaltovilla when he was still playing) he is an infused hero with an artifact and a false spark, he can take arrows.

My idea is that he has an epic showdown with a powerful warrior on Cerune's side even as The Imposter takes on the Black Reach's leader. Subject to your approval of course.

The poor beast was lifted into the air, but the Imposter did not show the slightest bit of concern. He lept from his dying mount and tried to bring the Drownsword, artifact of Aqaerius across the Ember Spirit's face.

"Really?" The Captain asked as he landed behind his foe.

He turned to regard his fellow immortal, "I may have to get in on that." With that he flashed his teeth, canines, far too long to belong to a mortal man, gathered the sunlight.

"Assuming someone can find a way to kill me."

Arcabare

"I have no complaints with this strategy, but it does not utilize all of our resources."

She looks to the others, to Kipt and Tresinigiis, "What say you, will you join us in this fight? Will the two of you also march to war?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Cerune-Post War

Sophia shook her head, I'm fine, I'm fine. She wasn't really, knights had done this.

Finally she was able to speak past the nausea, "I'll manage, what matters is that we get the ones responsible for this."
    He was silent for a time, then responded, We'll go on foot for a while. You need to settle your stomach and I need to rest my wings. He formed himself into a horse and trotted along. He formed a rein from his body to get her something to grip but didn't invite her onto his back again.

Alcahazzar

Ombra left. He had no patience for all of this. Call me when I'm needed. He growled.

Shadowlands

He collapsed into the chair of his tower, rubbing his face through his head (or more accurately, giving the appearance that he was). He stopped sending information to the Eye of Ombra he'd given to Gwyn.

How long until the fake is found out...

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novaix View Post
    And in that brief moment, Fyurl was brought into existence. At first, he only appeared as a misshapen, hazy black mass, but it was only a matter of seconds before his body was fully formed. The tentacles on his face came last of all, bursting unceremoniously from around his mouth, writhing and drooling slime onto his robes before slowly settling down. "Hhhh... I owe you thanks for bringing me into this world then, Father, and am glad you gave me a fitting purpose."

Fyurl growled quietly, unfurling his wings and draping them over his shoulders like a cloak, hunching over slightly. He took note of the figures in the room, but stayed silent for a while as he pieced together his newborn thoughts.

"Of course, I hardly have a choice in joining your organisation... I was born with this very purpose instilled in my essence, after all, and to not join would simply be asking for destruction. Assuming, that is, you do not wish to send me on a test of faith as well...?" Fyurl's tentacles shifted impatiently as he watched those around him, his piercing eyes narrowed slightly in cautious thought.
    "I will not send you on a test unless your father wishes it, you were born Evil, Ombra... not so much." The Shade smirked as Ombra left. "Well, this isn't a test, persay, but, I'd still like to search the Shadowlands, and procure the copy Ombra created, to ensure this soul is the correct one. If you did that, well, I'd owe you a favor..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post

"So now that we have the soul of Hedrin... What do we do with it? It seems all of your plans focus on it Morgash" said Isyldar with a frown. "I'd also like to report that The Virus have been restored, their capitol moved to the southern coast of the Eastern Continent, and they've begun preparations for war. A shard of myself watches over them. Funnily enough, I got them to believe I am Alyveran, so they shall do my bidding to the greatest extent of their power. Considering their power, that's quite powerful" said Isyldar with a pointy grin, his eyes glowing with malice.
    "Ah, yes, my plans! Now with Ombra gone, I can reveal them." The Shade resummoned the map of the Cosmos, with shimmering figures to represent the forces he controlled. The gap between planes, the Void, held hundreds of small black silhouettes, representing Voidspawn. "My forces occupy the void, and overwhelm any invaders quickly. Only a direct assault by the Empowered Council upon the Void could possibly hope to prevail. Hedrin and Gale are to become weapons of the Circle, I will condition their souls, twist them and empower them, when I am done, they will be like demigods, masters of every kind of magic, undying, and completely, irrevocably, evil."

The Shade looked at his allies around him, then glanced at Savorla. "What say you, Savorla? As payment for your aid, the empowered souls of the first mages in existence? To be used by any of the Circle who deem it necessary."

Morgazzar

A shard of the Shade floated, drifting close to Morgazzar. With a whisper, it opened the doors, drifting within and towards the Well of Eternity. It howled in anger, a vortex of energy forming around the tower. Then, it vanished, it's whole being ripped apart.

Alchazzar, Morgazzar

The Spire of the Damned shifted, shaking, the Shade cackled as stones crumbled and rebuilt themselves. Over a few moments, the Chamber that the Circle of Darkness was standing in, had become Morgazzar. The Shade drifted over to the stone throne that held Morgash's skeletal remains. He merged with them, unleashing a catastrophic shockwave of energy rebounding through the cosmos. All gods would be aware that Morgash had become whole in body once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alter Land-1 AP, Morgazzar and the Spire of the Damned occupy the same space, entering the spire will take you to Morgazzar, which does not exist anywhere else in space or time.

8. - Top - End - #1208

Cerune

"Thanks," Sophia whispered as they walked the street, she couldn't help but look around, there were people walking around, backs bent against the cold. They didn't look interested in heading home, coal had probably been confiscated.

She looked at the Castle, "I suppose that's as good a place as any to start."

Old Calasancti

Justin rode into the city disguised an old beggar, well, it wasn't really a disguise. He got off his horse in front of the Bell Tower temple, he had a few friends here.

He looked up, seeing the depiction of Ulstwyn fighting death itself. He only spent a few moments admiring the window, then he set his eyes forward and softly knocked on the door.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Cerune, After the North War

From atop the castle a figure stood in place of a gargoyle staring unmercifully at the city span below. Though it's head did not move, its gaze seemed to shift towards the cities' newcomers... and its eyes glowed an eerily cold white.

Old Calsancti

As the man was disguised as an old beggar, the creature which looked now upon him with cold distant eyes was disguised in the most opulent of forms. A rich 'merchant' watched the man enter the city from atop a home from which he did business. Even in mortal guise the Avaricia lusted after wealth...

Profaniti smiled cruelly. He had been waiting.

War in the North

Shucking the horse off of his lance like it was nothing the huge burning figure roared, smoke and ash billowing from his mouth to blind the Captain, his voice seeming to come from everywhere. "There are many advantages to following Lord Vargull. War is a calling oft heeded."

Even as he spoke, his warriors were rushing forward to engage the Calsantci troops and knights. On one side the Warg riders rushed to encircle their enemy and cut off any tactical moves of the enemy, and on the other they move to come in from behind and the side of the charging forces sent after their allies...
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-09-20 at 01:16 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

The War in the North

The forces of the Cerunites scattered before the flame. There was only one sorcerer in attendance who could match the power of the druid.
    Seeing the devastation wrought among his troops, Jarl Rushaan took up his sword and shield and made his way to face the druid. He signalled to his second in command to ready the troops for retreat on his order or his death, whichever happened first.
    "Sorcerer of Kiloasa! You ride North with an army bent on our destruction, an army that lacks any semblance of honour or virtue, bearing honeyed words and poisoned blades!"
    He looked directly at Nettal and adjusted the clasp on his cape.
    "I, Jarl Rushaan, Regent of Cerune for King Anden, demand you state the reasons for this invasion. If you choose to defy my request, then I shall have no recourse but to attempt to extract the answer from you."
    Mentally, he checked the elemental energy imbued in his sword, and finding it all there, he began steeling his mind for the fight ahead. Despite his outer show of courage, he was frightened and knew he was going to die. But strangely, with that came a new determination to make his last fight a good one. So he prayed to the Reaper:
    Stay your scythe away from my men and my home and grant to me an eternity of repose.

Arcabare

In Belsheroth's opinion, Kipt and Tresingiis were honour-bound to do so, but he did not voice this opinion, instead opting to wait for them to make up their own minds.
    But he could not ignore Morgash's rather clumsy removal of Morgazzar to the Void.
    Fortunately, it did manage to reveal the location of Alchazzar to him... And with the Time Lock in the tower already...

Alchazzar - Morgazzar

The voice of Belsheroth that had before had been merely whispering echoes within the Tower flared into full strength.
    Ժամանակը կսառեցվի,
    Տարեկան չպետք է անդրադառնում այդ տեղը,
    Փոշի են փոշու, բայց ընդմիշտ բացի,
    Խարույկ, մոխիր, բայց կրակի չի վառել,
    Ոչինչ բացառությամբ հետքերով աստվածներ չեն զգացել այս վայրում,
    Հավերժ այն միշտ մնում են, անզիջում են դարերում,
    Մշտական ​​որպես հուշարձան, ով մեռած է.

Across Alchazzar, and for a significant distance beyond, time slowed and the Voidspawn stopped in their tracks, frozen and motionless. The Gods gathered within were unaffected.
    And the song echoed forever on...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 12
    Curse: The Song of Time that had previously only echoed within Morgazzar now spreads across all of Alchazzar and large part of the Void, though insignificant in comparison to its fill size. Time is frozen within for everything that is not truly divine. 2 AP
    Remaining AP: 10

This is a double strength curse that is separate from the one that is only within Morgazzar.

Time will be frozen,
    The ages shall not touch this place,
    Dust to dust, but forever apart,
    Ashes to ashes, but the fire never lit,
    Nothing save for the footsteps of Gods shall be felt in this place,
    Forever it shall always remain, unyielding to the centuries,
    Standing as a monument to one who is dead.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Pixie in the Playground

Fyurl narrowed his eyes pleasedly, the closest thing to a smile his body was capable of. "I am glad you can trust me so readily, and am certain that you will not come to regret it." The dark god clasped his nigh-skeletal hands together contemplatively, running over possibilities in his head. "I shall see what I can do, yet I cannot make any promises as of now. I am merely a newborn, who would be trespassing upon another god's personal domain, so I shall have to spend some time considering how to accomplish this task."

Fyurl shifted himself to stand upright, tilting his head thoughtfully as he listened to Morgash. "And what is your plan if, perchance, the Empowered Council do decide to lay open siege? It would not to do simply write something off as an impossibility.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 15
    Join Pantheon (Circle of Darkness): -1AP
    AP: 14

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

Old truths, but not the same. So begins the time of change. Learn to live another name, and seize the right of truths most strange. Listen dead ones to this rhyme. So begins the change of time.

"I give you your freedom now, for I have no desire to rule this world. Take flight from here and find what purpose there may be in this life."

Creation Reborn

It came from the heart of the boiling mountain, from whence the fire of creation first appeared. As clean as the dawn, and more brilliant than the heavens she soared. For the phoenix had risen from the ashes. Or so the story goes. And wherever the phoenix appeared, so too did new life. And so the bird of fire was hailed as a beacon of prosperity. And like all things that shine brightly within the reach of mortal grasp, stoked greed in the hearts of the avaricious.

A Deal With Chaos

The Fool had decided to dress for the occasion. He appeared as a male Avaricia in the finest clothes of black and velvet. It seemed as if the pattern of the stitching seemed to change in odd subtle ways that could never quite be placed as if your eyes could not make up their minds on just what they were seeing.

"You wanted to speak with me. No wait, wrong tense. You will want to speak to me." The Fool said with a smile. "As soon as you hear what I have to offer, Polaris."

Secrets of the Foxes

Do you know what it is to understand the Labyrinth? It is a gift given only to the creatures that first captured the Fool's imagination. They are the eyes that see all, and watch over all things. For a time they tended to travelers, but were content when others took their place. For they keep the fires warm against the chill of winter, set in motion that which would unite true love, and watch the walls between dimensions. Yet they also hound the mad, torment the lives of those who will never be missed, and guide those trapped in dreams straight into the twisted halls of the labyrinth. For they are a fickle and dangerous race, forced to adapt to a fickle and dangerous world. And their motives are not ours. They are the caretakers of change. And as time flows it is they who change the most, should they survive the pitfalls of madness and not be lost themselves.

It is said that a fox that has either lived for one thousand years, or become so wise as to reach the heart of madness becomes something more. A master of their own reality and shaper of their own fate. They are the nine tailed. And among them sits a queen of secrets. She with the name of a flower, whose truth belonged to a daughter born as shadow.

To Be Lost is to Know Discovery

The Labyrinth does things to your mind. Everything it learns about you it takes, until all that is left is the echo of what your thoughts used to be. You are lost without name, hope, fear, or desire. And that is how you remain for all time. Or so the legends tell.

In truth that is not quite the end, for those strong enough to hold on to something, there is survival. All lost such as these have a secret, one they can never tell. For around it they build themselves a new identity. It might be as simple as the memory of a feather found on a midsummer day, or the name of a friend once precious. But as long as the memory is kept one can not be consumed by the tide, and one can learn.

So the strongest grow. And from the ever changing world they discover new things to know about themselves until finally they are strong enough to steer. And so they walk along paths they choose, and in doing so, inevitably, meet others like them. And so friendships are formed, and betrayed. To know another's secret is to own their soul. And the clever can learn oh so many secrets.

These collectors use such bonds and become more than lost. Slowly but surely a hierarchy has built itself along the river of chaos. And such structure has not found itself entirely selfish either. For when those who find themselves lost within the grasp of this dimension first arrive, they will often meet such a collector. And in giving away their secrets to them, ensure that they are safe. So it is that the younger members retain parts of themselves the eldest have long since lost. Not that the elders care, they are different beings now than they once were. And their power is as great as the knowledge they keep.

Among them is a being who was once a god. Second born, of the second born. He appears as a raven kin wearing a mask made of mirrors, and his voice always echoes that of those who speak with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 35
    4- Create Greater Life: Ninetailed Foxes. The very old, and the very wise of the spirit foxes have mastered magic and with it assumed new forms. They can shapeshift into almost anything, but should they die return to the fox shape that is their natural form.

4- Create Greater Life: The Collectors. Collectors are lost ones who have stolen or bargained away the secrets of other lost. The strongest of collectors are immensely powerful, and capable of creating their own domains within the Labyrinth. The most dangerous of collectors can weave the memories they have collected to match their world with places on the material plane, and in doing so thin the barrier between worlds. In such a way they ensnare new souls. However, the more people in any given area the harder this is to achieve, and the weaker the memory of a place, the harder it is to manifest. As such, abandoned towns and other such places are far more likely to be connected to these realms than the wilderness, or more populated areas.

4- Create Greater Concept: Currency of Secrets. In the Labyrinth, and across the rest of existence in such places where the value of minds is understood, the secrets of the Lost and therefore their identities and their souls are in much demand. An economy of sorts has crept up through time, where such secrets are traded with more value than gold.

2- Create Organization: Servants of Folly. The Servants of Folly encompasses all those who give their allegiance to the Fool. Entities included are: Spirit Foxes, Ninetails, Lost, Collectors, Renati, as well as scatterings among the races found on the material plane (particularly humans and raven kin.)

2- Create Organization: The Mad Court. Highest in rank sit those upon the mad court, which includes all members of the Sancrosanct Guardians (Pantheon of the Renati) as well as the Fool's personal favorites.

2- Infuse the Mad Court.

1- Blessing: Graceful Radiance of the Phoenix. Wheresoever the phoenix flies crops grow stronger, illness fades, and life flourishes.

1- Curse: Blinding Light of the Phoenix. As word reaches the ears of rulers desire grows as well. What king would not see the benefit in feeding a starving people, or perhaps healing a loved one with one foot in the forest of starlight? And how easy it is to forget the lives that were lost in wars started over so much less.

15- Create Hero x5

Remaining AP: 0
    Reisen currently has 7 slots open for Renati.
    Current Renati: Phoenix (Ceniza,) Roseanne (Lilli,) Echo-Mirror (Eckol-Mir)
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

A Lonely Mountain On Exaclone, Far From Anywhere

Polaris had come to this mountain, unreachable save by flight to ponder Belsheroth's offer. Freedom from the constant threat of slavery and a place to call home, if he could convince every member of his race.
    It was too hard. There were those among his kind who enjoyed causing pain tricking foolish mortals into pacts they could not keep. But Polaris and his ilk had tired of this. He had added a stitch of embroidery to his cloak for each successful pact, and now the pattern was finished.
    He sat there high above the rest of the world and examined it. Other Avaricia had mocked him for choosing such a design, but that was before it was finished. Now they marvelled at the delicate embroidery of a solar eclipse, an ancient symbol of Belsheroth originally chosen in order to mock him, but later out of respect for his adherence to his cause.
    Reisen's sudden appearance momentarily startled Polaris, but not long enough for it to show. He rose to the feet and faced the figure. It appeared to be one of his race, but not one he recognised. His attire, furthermore, was distinctly odd. Obviously he was young and liked copying mortal fashions.
    "It does seem that you know my name somehow... And you did manage to track me here... Most curious...
    "Admittedly, I wasn't trying to make myself unfindable, but I did not expect anyone to bother coming all the way out here."

He walked over to the edge of the precipice that was before him and looked out across the deserts.
    "So tell me... What is your name and what business is so important you decided to bother me with it?"
    Maintaining a cool head was the first step in getting someone to sign an agreement, and Polaris found that it was effective in most other situations.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Troll in the Playground

"The Fool has many names. None of which the Fool accepts." The strange figure replied. "And I come offering truth. The truth of an old god, one long since dead. I think you will remember his name: Daazo the Avaricious One."
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

"The Fool? As in the mysterious being often referred to as Reisen?
    "And you say you come bearing truth concerning my creator. Am I supposed to believe that a self-proclaimed fool has to say?
    "If you have come simply to dishonour my creator, then you had best leave now."

Polaris gave the god a stern look. Divinity did not entitle one to throw around the names of the honoured dead. In fact, it gave them even more reason not to.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Morgazzar

Isyldar felt the song reverberate through the air around him and gasped at its power. The Awakened behind him were still hovering, flapping their wings, but the wingbeats were slowing... slowing... stopped. He cried out in rage before his eyes widened in surprise. As he realised something, he grinned.

"I sent ten Awakened to Veran with Iclone. They should be able to split and spread to help us contain the mortal plane. Have no fear, for I have a contingency plan" said Isyldar, his eyes glowing with triumph. "Iclone, be a dear and get my servants with you to split to a formidable number. You can be the judge of how large a number that can be" thought Isyldar to Iclone, a cackle sounding throughout their mental link.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 1+2PAP

Gain Domain AP3: Control (Manipulation).

Actions used to get domain:

Bless AP4: The Awakened are blessed with the will of Isyldar, making them extremely resilient to another deities powers. This will take 5AP to break.

Curse AP1: Isyldar cursed Morwenna to answer all direct questions asked of her truthfully. If she defies this curse she is wracked with horrible pain and will slowly wither and die if defied too many times.

Curse AP1: The Virus believe that Isyldar is Alyveran who has come to save them, and will follow his orders as if he really was Alyveran. They also believe that The Awakened/The Awakening are the Devils/Hell's Army.

Bless AP1: Alyverai is cured of his insanity, and now has wings. The Virus are shielded from the other gods, and won't know of their whereabouts unless told personally by Isyldar of his own free will. Essentially any of the lands occupied by The Virus will be hidden from any deity unless Isyldar has said to that deity "Hey look, that's where they are". (kind of like the Fidelius charm in Harry Potter, with Isyldar being the Secret Keeper)

End AP: 0.

Wilderness, north of Veran

Iclone felt his master's thoughts, and obeyed the command. He screeched a high-pitched note, letting it ring out to all eight of the Awakened he had brought with him to scout. As they heard this, they knew what to do. They started to multiply, increasing their numbers thousand-fold. "I think that should be enough... for now" thought Iclone, bursting out with laughter. He screeched again, directing them to stop splitting and to scour the countryside for more land to spread The Virus and for new lands for them to conquer. They obeyed, and began to search.

Veran, Capitol of the Virus

Alyverai flew to the sailmakers shop, making quite an entrance by slamming the door open with his eyes glowing green.
    "Hello sailmaker. I heard the sails for the warships are late. They are sorely needed, otherwise they cannot sail out of the docks, therefore making them useless. Where are they, you miserable worm?" said Alyverai to the sailmaker, pinning him against the wall by magic.
    "They're nearly finished my lord, I swear! Please don't hurt me! I've been working as fast as I can!" said the sailmaker nervously, his body slowly being pushed further into wall. He was panicking, thrashing in his bonds.
    "I'll have them done by tomorrow, I swear!" he screamed as his bones were being ever so slowly crushed.
    Alyverai let him down as he started to hear cracking sounds.
    "Let this be a warning to you. Now get to work before I finish the job!" snarled Alyverai. He walked out of the room, angrily slamming the door so hard that it flew off its hinges, hitting the sailmaker and causing him to collapse.
    "What a happy coincedence" thought Alyverai as he cackled.

"You'll have your sails tomorrow, shipwright. Otherwise someone will pay for their crimes" thought Alyverai to the shipwright. He felt a brief feeling of thanks and worry from the shipwright, but he brushed it off.

A feeling of great power and divinity came over him. He positively glowed with green energy, more-so than he would with just his soul magic. "Oh this will be fun" said Alyverai with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alyverai now has a false spark thingy.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Morgazzar

Morgash dropped to his knees, dust cascading from his joints and his robe. Though they could almost be called rags, they were only half the material they used to be, holes and tears abound. Morgash stayed absolutely still, his skeletal form showing no signs of life. Then, black and green energy blazed on his form, restoring his robes and igniting a crown of green flame atop his bare skull. Crimson pinpoints of light set themselves ablaze in his eye sockets, and raw magic radiated from him like heat from a fire. "I... am... whole!" He shouted, a gust of magic raising him from his knees to hover in the air. "LET EVEN THE ELDER GODS KNOW, I WILL NOT BE TRIFLED WITH!" He let loose a primal roar, channeling immense amounts of magical power, accelerating time within Alchazzar and for all Evil creatures within the Void, effectively canceling out Belsheroth's Song of Time.

Morgash let himself drift down, releasing his levitation spell. "Gods of the Circle of Darkness, we must plan an invasion. I would ask you all to aid me, in tearing down... the Afterlife."

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP + 2 PAP - 3 AP =0 AP 0 PAP
    Bless - Morgash has returned time to it's normal flow FOR EVIL CREATURES ONLY. Neutral and Good creatures still experience the time stop, effectively creating a barrier around Alchazzar, preventing anything but gods from assaulting Alchazzar
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-20 at 10:36 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1218

War In the North

Nettal looked around him, "No semblance of honor? I have yet to see them behave what one could describe as dishonorably. You're the one who attempts misdirection and to starve the army."

He smiles, "Yes, I know about that, you realize that there aren't just soldiers with us? Some of the gentry took their children with them on this campaign and you just tried to kill them. Oh, I'm not criticizing you. Far from it! Your instinct to survive is exactly what our great departed lord would have wanted in a leader. In recognition of this I give you one more chance. Quit the field and I will not kill you."

The Imposter

The Smoke blinded him. He growled as he tried to shield his eyes from the onslaught and his body became electrified with the power of Aimancy. The Drownsword sang as he drew it back and swiped the cloud around him. A little frustrated that this thing didn't have a Heart Beat to hear or blood to smell.

But of course, that made it exciting.

The Imposter smiled, "Could it be done covertly? I have appearences to maintain after all."

He's of course, still carrying the conversation concerning conversion.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #1219

BlueWizardGirl

Acabare

Tresingiis nodded as the two of them talked strategy. "I know not if my mortals could have any effect on the war. They're not exactly raining fire down from the sky. There is also not as many of them as there are archons, or belsherai. Nevertheless, I will let loose the dogs of war when I am needed. Allow me to leave for a moment to gather such a force."

Raining Fire Down From the Sky

The palace was quiet at night. The goal was simple: Get the feathers,then signal attack. Tylarch blinked into the shrine, where the feathers where left by ceremony when Reddulch was asleep. When he materialized in the room, he made sure to aim at the altar. And he did The guards of the room where on the other side of the door, baring entree. (Only Reddulch and the highest of clerics where aloud a key, and they where down the hall in He could take care of them in a moment. He grabbed the feather of fire, and Raised it, bringing down a pillar of fire above the palace, bright enough to be seen miles away. Immediately, the whole place knew he was there, which was good for his first impression on the place, but bad for his personal safety, even with the feathers bagged.

The Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    "Bad news, I fear," Randon replies. "It seems your leader has claimed divinity, and stolen much of the remaining food."
    "Is that so? That's terrible news! We must go there at once, before S*** hits the fan." He called for another cretaum, and they packed up camp in little over an hour. So it would seem, Calasancti would have to wait. "How bad is it so far?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler Alert: they won't get there before it hits the fan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    Alchazzar, Morgazzar

Morgash let himself drift down, releasing his levitation spell. "Gods of the Circle of Darkness, we must plan an invasion. I would ask you all to aid me, in tearing down... the Afterlife."
    Alchazzar, Morgazzar

"I but await your orders Morgash. The Virus are almost ready to start a war on the eastern continent, which may distract the good gods from our plans, if even for a short time. And thanks to you, my Awakened are back from their time-stopped state" said Isyldar, tipping his hat in thanks. "Wait, I still have this thing here?" thought Isyldar, amused. "Sorry everyone, my clone seems to think he's funny..." said Isyldar, rolling his eyes as he went.

"Please consider my mother in all of this. She may not be as evil as I or any of us could wish, but she is still my mother. I do not wish any harm to come to her" Isyldar sent these thoughts to Morgash, letting his concern show through.

Outskirts of the Land of Beauty

Iclone's Awakened had been getting closer and closer but it was inevitable. They halted just outside of the Land of Beauty and roared, it being heard by Iclone from quite a distance away. "We've finally made it. Now, to get them to work" thought Iclone. He screeched, directing some of them to pilfer supplies while shielded from sight with his magic, others to sabotage any forces the found. They obeyed the call.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-20 at 05:44 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alchmorgazzar]

"You still offer me something I would gain merely for joining you, or at least so it seems," Savorla points out, idly striking the keys set into the legs of the changeling sitting in her lap, creating a strange haunting melody from the wires strung inside her. "But my closest family joins you, and I will stand with them, so I retract the need for payment beyond that... If you will have me, that is. Otherwise, I will take my leave, and make my own plans, in which case I caution my family not to stand in my way, for I will do what I must if we find ourselves against each other, though I have no wish to harm you."

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

Alchazzar - Morgazzar

The voice of Belsheroth that still echoed in the tower could not listen in to Morgash's plans, nor could it see as they were put together. But it still felt that something was happening as each movement and sound affected it.

The War in the North

"Only a fool trusts what they see on the surface. And unlike them, we make no pretence of virtuous conduct."
    Rushaan had a sudden urge to roll his eyes, but he suppressed that.
    "You really think that we will be allowed to survive should we withdraw? You may honour such a thing, but you do not speak for the monsters you battle alongside!
    "Yes, we know that something foul leads your army. What it is exactly escapes us, but we still know."

He prepared himself for Nettal's attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's managed to notice inconsistencies in the Knights' behaviour compared to what he knows about them and his spies have managed to glimpse a few very odd things.
    Nothing conclusive, but they've put the pieces together and come to the conclusion that these are either shapeshifters disguised as Knights or the Knights have abandoned their code.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Cerune

"Thanks," Sophia whispered as they walked the street, she couldn't help but look around, there were people walking around, backs bent against the cold. They didn't look interested in heading home, coal had probably been confiscated.

She looked at the Castle, "I suppose that's as good a place as any to start."
    On your guard. He whispered tersely, trying to keep that he wasn't a horse as discrete as he could (though if that wasn't already obvious, there might be something wrong with these people) Even for a conquered city something about this doesn't feel right...

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #1224

Acabare

Kipt thinks before providing an answer. "I will do all that I can, which I think right now is all that I am doing already." He pauses, letting that answer sink in. "If it is true that the enemy of one of us is the enemy of all of us, then my troops are already in the field against our enemy; the drakes. I would help in our other struggle if it is required of me, but I think that strategically, it would be beneficial to pursue our two conflicts separately." They can tell that he chooses his words ever so carefully, and is really attempting to lead the pantheon well. I will be whatever they need me to be, he repeats in his head with a clear mind.

Tulmany: Drestin and the Hunters, near the city

"I'm not sure, it has only happened just recently, so I doubt anyone has died of it yet. As you know, there have been shortages and outbreaks of famine lately, so it may become severe." He walked with Drestin, and offered his help where it was needed. "I am Randon by the way. I was told you might do something about our problem?" He tries to make an impression on him, and clearly is asking what Drestin can do.

The Siege of Tulmany

The flash of light was the only indication to commence Garrug needed, and he did so in an orderly manner. In the time he was waiting, he had some of his units construct tools for the siege because of how well equipped the troops were. He made it so that no two groups were working at once, so as he could be ready to attack at any time. All in all, the majority of his constructions were wooden guards that troops could stand in. He also made a single battering ram, and a long, wide square of wood with bars in it that could be raised or lowered. It was as tall as it needed to be to let soldiers climb it while leaning against the wall. He used the Pythagorean theorem to calculate, and all of his devices were very exact.

"Unit one, battering unit one, commence a full assault on the main gate. All other units hold." "Unit one! Battering unit one! Commence full attack on the main gate! All other units hold!" It was a feint. The soldiers on the walls wouldn't know how much force he actually had, and distribute to the section under assault accordingly. Surely the maneuver would have high casualties on his side, but the draw it would create was sure to give him an edge while he still kept the bulk of his force out of sight.

"Archer units one and two, follow through at the main gate. Shield unit one, guard archer units. Fire at will when enemy is in sight." "Archer unit one! Archer unit two! Main gate! Fire at will! Shield unit one! Guard Archer units!" Archer unit two was comprised of skill less archers he could afford to loose, but was one of his bigger units. They would thin the concentrated men, even if they wouldn't aim. He had previously instructed shield unit one to guard archer unit one exclusively, so that he would minimize the casualties on his skillful archers.

A few minutes passed, and Garrug waited without giving any more orders. He wanted the guards to think that that was all the force he had. His soldiers began to get anxious.

"Units two, three four, shield two, shield three, archery three attack right flank wall. Unit five, rendezvous with archery unit one, unit one, and shield unit one. Redeploy to the right flank wall of the city." "Unit two three four! Shield two three! Archery three! Deploy right! Unit five! Find unit one! Deploy right!" All of the soldiers were running frantically, leaving him with only a small amount of troops in his one ladder squad left.

Fortunately for the Liches, the battle had gone according to Garrug's design so far. There were traces of confusion among the soldiers as there always would be with such a complex strategy, but the master Lich had done well. His feint-and-redeploy worked perfectly, and his soldiers engaged with the guards under the wall. However, there is not much armed soldiers can do against a wall itself to take a city. It was time for the next phase in Garrug's plan.

Garrug spread his arms, and felt a pleasurable wind. His announcer looked at him as if he were crazy when the chatter of harnessed souls became audible. They flew above the camp, and toward the battlefield. Garrug bent their wills in his mind to weave to the top of the wall, then secure a section of it for a sort time. "Ladder unit one, move out." "All remaining units, move out!" Garrug began to run towards the battlefield himself to rush his troops along.

When he got there, he saw that almost all of his remaining units had retreated to underneath the huge wooden shields as he had intended them to. Projectiles pelted the wood from the sky, but few were able to hit flesh when all of the shields were in use. His brilliance made Garrug smile. He heard the screams of agony from on top of the wall as his bound souls did their work. Some of the clerics that still supported the cities defenses were effective against them, but the deathless soldiers were easily able to secure a section of wall. When the ladder deployed, Garrug was the first up it to finish the work on the wall. He drew his mace which had a red glow that seemed to be rust covering it.

He fought as well as any soldier, and killed many men in the front lines of the battle. Whenever a soldier was about to best him, he was always caught up by a nearby bound soul. The ladder unit, Garrug, and the tortured quickly took the gate section of wall, and let their army inside. The rest was downhill from there.

Dragonloft

Jarla took a deep breath, then proceeded. At least she knew there was a clear way out here, and it might be the only chance she could get. Clinging to the shadows as much as possible, she tried her best to move swiftly through the room without being seen.

Smallfolk Province
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think you will ever be able to reach a "standard trade" with the halflings, but that sounds fair for a trade with Leyla. They have free market economy at it's most extreme; I don't even think they would ever accept the concept of money.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

The Siege of Tulmany

Garrug's forces were greeted by a group of twenty to thirty people, a mix of Cretaum and Human, in Pale Green robes. One of them put his hood down, revealing himself as Cleric Garek. "The strength of the Returned is yours to command. We number two hundred and fifty, fifty clerics, two hundred mages. Utilize our forces as you will, but do not slay innocent civilians."

Morgazzar

Morgash tilted his head, the bones creaking and releasing a cloud of dust from his joints. "Then Gale is yours, Savorla... yours, alone. My invitation still stands."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-21 at 01:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Morgazzar

Isyldar admired Savorla's changelings. They had finesse, ferocity and the best of all, cunning. "Mother, what would you give for some of your fine creatures? Perhaps we could make a trade..." said Isyldar, raising his arm towards The Awakened behind him. "Perhaps some of mine for some of yours?" he said as he grinned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Discussed in PM, not just randomly deciding I want some.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-21 at 02:10 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgazzar

Morgash tilted his head, the bones creaking and releasing a cloud of dust from his joints. "Then Gale is yours, Savorla... yours, alone. My invitation still stands."
    Savorla nods graciously, a pleased smile on her face, and shifts into a happier, though still unusual, melody on the Manikin in her lap.

"And I accept it most happily, Keeper of the Return. I will be sure to use Gale well."

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Alchazzar, Morgazzar

Isyldar admired Savorla's changelings. They had finesse, ferocity and the best of all, cunning. "Mother, what would you give for some of your fine creatures? Perhaps we could make a trade..." said Isyldar, raising his arm towards The Awakened behind him. "Perhaps some of mine for some of yours?" he said as he grinned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Discussed in PM, not just randomly deciding I want some.

"Hm... Certainly, if you like. Though be careful with them; unlike yours, these have wills of their own, and you'll only get the best results if you learn what it is that motivates them, or take their Keepers as well,"
    Savorla answered, completing the tune she had been playing, and gently drawing the girl closer, one arm around her shoulders, and the other curled about her waist, murmuring something into the Changeling's ear.

28. - Top - End - #1228

The Siege of Tulmany

Garrug's forces were greeted by a group of twenty to thirty people, a mix of Cretaum and Human, in Pale Green robes. One of them put his hood down, revealing himself as Cleric Garek. "The strength of the Returned is yours to command. We number two hundred and fifty, fifty clerics, two hundred mages. Utilize our forces as you will, but do not slay innocent civilians."
    Garrug acknowledges Garek, and replies by saying, "Thank you for your support to our righteous cause. You can help by identifying those who worked with the false ruler, Reddulch. We will keep his supporters until we decide what to do with them. His clerics- we can go ahead and slay. I will not tolerate any who worshiped him as a god."
    Spoiler
    Show
    After this conversation, Garrug will address the troops with a post-battle speech that will also serve as a warning about appropriate post-sacking behavior. I'll play this out first in case it would affect what he says.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Garrug acknowledges Garek, and replies by saying, "Thank you for your support to our righteous cause. You can help by identifying those who worked with the false ruler, Reddulch. We will keep his supporters until we decide what to do with them. His clerics- we can go ahead and slay. I will not tolerate any who worshiped him as a god."
    Spoiler
    Show
    After this conversation, Garrug will address the troops with a post-battle speech that will also serve as a warning about appropriate post-sacking behavior. I'll play this out first in case it would affect what he says.
    Garek smiles, showing that he is missing two teeth, and several more and half-rotten. "One request... the Temple of Reddulch, do not destroy it. The Returned asks us to take it, and reconsecrate it to him."

30. - Top - End - #1230

Garek smiles, showing that he is missing two teeth, and several more and half-rotten. "One request... the Temple of Reddulch, do not destroy it. The Returned asks us to take it, and reconsecrate it to him."
    Garrug ponders this for a minute. Will Tylarch approve of worship of the returned in his city? Surely they are allies to us, but... He decides he would give it to Garek unless Tylarch told him otherwise; they could sort them out should that time come. Besides, he was just about to burn it to the ground. "It is yours, on the condition that it remains completely loyal to the Empire." He liked the sound of that, it cemented the loyalty of these clerics by making it out to be a gift.