New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

A Lonely Mountain On Exaclone, Far From Anywhere

"Oh relax. It's not as if listening to my offer costs you anything. And if my ears don't deceive me you're looking for solutions to your probelm." The Fool smiles wickedly. "And my ears never deceive me, they're much too afraid of the consequences."
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Garrug ponders this for a minute. Will Tylarch approve of worship of the returned in his city? Surely they are allies to us, but... He decides he would give it to Garek unless Tylarch told him otherwise; they could sort them out should that time come. Besides, he was just about to burn it to the ground. "It is yours, on the condition that it remains completely loyal to the Empire." He liked the sound of that, it cemented the loyalty of these clerics by making it out to be a gift.
    Garek motioned to a woman standing near him, who bowed and rushed off into an alley nearby. "Our Loyalty is to the Returned, and the Returned commands us to do as we wish. Our Loyalty is therefore, to the Empire." He bowed his head, "We are at your command."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Exaclone

Tresingiis looked at the desert world, knowing he must have an army, he must have a castle. So he built a new race of the world. Ethereals are born. They take the shape of people, with torrential winds flowing within the translucent shell at incomprehensible speeds, chaotically. In place of any skin, bones, blood, flesh or muscle, these beings are translucent energy. Not born from the dead, and yet, undying. Their 'skin' is only visible for the speed at which the winds flow over it. A shell as hard as steel, and lighter than mythril protects them from outside forces, and cuts anyone who breaks it with their own flesh, but is dense enough to touch, as if it weren't moving at all. They can move at superhuman speed, with superhuman strength. They can take the gaseous form of a wind and disappear to a far away place where they recombine. They can unleash thunderous roars, horrendous gales, and bolts of lightning when they collect energy for a short time. They don't age, and they are very hard to kill. It is hard to hurt them because of their natural armor, but if you do pierce one of their limbs, it is gone from them until they regenerate it, over a week. If you pierce their shell over a vital area, they dissipate, and drop anything they where holding, going intangible and invisible for at least a month. Ethereals can regenerate this way from nearly any wound, and are nigh impossible to kill. Where their face should be, instead is the shape of a hurricane with the epicenter over where the ethereal's right eye should be. It is assumed they can see out of it. Their voices are the result of winds of varying frequencies and chimes, and are therefore very echoing, like a scratched record of a fading scale. They are skilled in sorcery and wizardry, like they have a calling to it. They have just as much a calling to science, being that they themselves are an interesting effect. They look to the universe for answers, not being compulsed to worship Tresingiis, just to serve him, in exchange for protection and powers. Their forms can wear clothes, and they often wear gold and silver armor or robes. They are Asexual and reproduce exactly once by duplicating every 105.437 years.

They formed a society, The Sarko Initiative. They explored the limits of both science in magic in a pyramid the size of a city on Exaclone. The pyramid gained the name, Sarko. In the pyramid, Tresingiis has a throne, decorated in precious metals, and illuminated by a sunroof. The pyramid is a fully functioning indoors metropolis.

Spoiler
    Show

-4 AP Create Fabled life: Ethereals
    -2 AP Form society, The Sarko Initiative
    Remaining AP: 0 Not for long though.

Song title below by Kansas

(sorry elemental, I told you you could play them, but you're gone and the war seems to be wrapping up.)

Tulmany: Dust in the Wind

And so, Mirage fell. Soldiers raided the streets and declared martial law in the lichlords of Lokab's name. Tylarch dealt with the clerics himself, though he wouldn't have to. The soldiers had them decapitated and their heads where paraded on pikes. Now there was one more thing to be done. As Tylarch tore though the guards, Reddulch stood in his way.

"You think the liches of Lokab where right? You know what happened to them!?"

*Lightning bolt* "Of course I know what fate befell Lokab! How could I ever forget it? That's why we're here!"

*Force Shield and deflect to the ground* Reddulch approached closer to the ravenkin. "You will die! All of you will die! And then you will know I am right."

*More lightning bolts* Tylarch smiles. "Even if all of us die, nobody will ever worship you! You're a lie!"

*blocks all of them with force shield* Reddulch drew closer still. "I'm a lie? Then what are you? Liches have lived before, it never ends well."

*Wild pillars of flame* "Shut up and die!"

*Blocks every one* Reddulch was now yards away from Tylarch, threateningly. "I will die when I tire of getting what I want" He grabbed for Tylarch's throat, raising him up against the wall in a choker hold.

Tylarch swung his legs up onto Reddulch's arm and kicked him in the face. He let go and Tylarch fell down. He seized the gap in Reddulch's defense, and shot him full of lightning point blank. "Nobody will give you what you want here. Not us, and not your own people! Now Die!"

Reddulch wouldn't give him the satisfaction, he disappeared without a trace, after leaving an ominous warning. "You will be smited from the face of this planet, you can't hide from a god's wrath!(referring to himself) You'll never make a difference!"

And with that, the battle was won. Tylarch allowed the cult to occupy the shrine, but he would take all the idols and symbols, and burn them first. The cult was allowed to exist, the spoils where passed out among soldiers; Martial law took effect, while the victors talked about what to do next. Tylarch sought out Garrug and Garek. "The battle is ours, what comes next? Reddulch got away."

Tulmany; The Hunters

"I'll do what I can. I don't know if he will listen to me or not, but the food belongs to the people who grew it. In this time, we can't spare a resource." They got to the city in time to see the end result. "My god! What the heck? Let's get to the bottom of this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

4. - Top - End - #1234

Tulmany

"Well then I should hope that the Returned continues favor of the empire." Garrug said slyly. It was a threat buried deep underneath a statement of friendship if Garek was clever enough to read between the lines. With Garrug's voice as twisted sounding as it was already, one can never be sure what his vocal tones mean. A goblin appeared before them, and Garrug began to move away. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I should address my troops," and with that, Garrug moved to where the army had assembled.

"We took this city!" Garrug began. "WE TOOK THIS CITY!" A cheer rose from the audience. "You did this, you took your land back from the oppressor." "You did this! You took your land back from the oppressor!" "You have done well..." "You have fought well!" Another cheer rose, but Garrug silenced this one by raising his arms instead of letting it fade out like the last one. "-and I know will continue in service." "and will continue to serve well!" "You will rape none, murder none, and continue to acknowledge Tylarch as your leader. Any worshipers of Reddulch are to be slain, and any supporters of his are to be take prisoner. Any soldier who does not follow protocol is to be brought before me, and have his soul bound to my service for eternity." "There will be no rape! There will be no murder! You will acknowledge Tylarch and Garrug as leaders! You will kill any who worships Reddulch as god! Allies of Reddulch are to be detained!" We can ransom them later, Garrug thought. "Anyone who disobeys will be brought before Garrug, and have his soul bound to his service." "Forever. Say forever. And speak up a bit." "Forever!" A hush fell over the crowd. Garrug himself spoke up, "This day is yours! Enjoy your victory!" It looked as if yelling hurt his throat very much. It needed to be said, he thought to himself as he walked away, all of it.

When Randon and Drestin's party came upon the city, they did not expect to see a large host gathered at the gate. Randon was baffled, "you wouldn't have any idea what happened here, would you?"

The Desert

Timmon the clever traveled through the desert in style. He was rich, and he could afford to. In his convoy are him, a young woman he had brought to entertain him, another well-established trader that he sometimes liked to keep around, a goblin warrior-chick that he told he brought along for protection, a creatum tour guide, and a teen who claimed to be his son that he brought mainly to carry stuff. Timmon shared his nights with Blythe, a pretty young halfling with thick black hair that he saw no use for outside of love making. He had been with Taylor, the trader girl he had brought along before, but it had only been one time, and she had moved on. Salsalace, the goblin warrior that had joined them was fierce, and was very fit of body. Timmon kept her on her toes with odd requests for her job, and remarks. She was someone who he thought he might come to make love with in the future if the circumstances were right. The other two were boring to him, and he saw them as people that he only brought along because he needed to. Aston, his might-be-son was fun to pick on, and his dedication to Timmon was such that he didn't worry about giving him the short end of every deal. He thought that because the boy had not left him yet, he surely had no other place to go. They traveled on camels, and wore garments to cover their skin from the sand by day and the cold by night. They were sure to trade with villages they passed, making Timmon and Taylor even richer than thy were before.

One day, they saw a flash from the north. Their Creatum guide claimed it was a signal of Tresingiis that they should head that way, and he would find great riches in Tulmany. What an idiot, Timmon thought, but he followed nevertheless. Tulmany was said to be the capital of the Mirage Empire, and he was surely bound to stop there at some point in his journeys anyways. Whatever the bright flash of light meant, Timmon intended to take advantage of it, and profit.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    Exaclone

Tresingiis looked at the desert world, knowing he must have an army, he must have a castle. So he built a new race of the world. Ethereals are born. They take the shape of people, with torrential winds flowing within the translucent shell at incomprehensible speeds, chaotically. In place of any skin, bones, blood, flesh or muscle, these beings are translucent energy. Not born from the dead, and yet, undying. Their 'skin' is only visible for the speed at which the winds flow over it. A shell as hard as steel, and lighter than mythril protects them from outside forces, and cuts anyone who breaks it with their own flesh, but is dense enough to touch, as if it weren't moving at all. They can move at superhuman speed, with superhuman strength. They can take the gaseous form of a wind and disappear to a far away place where they recombine. They can unleash thunderous roars, horrendous gales, and bolts of lightning when they collect energy for a short time. They don't age, and they are very hard to kill. It is hard to hurt them because of their natural armor, but if you do pierce one of their limbs, it is gone from them until they regenerate it, over a week. If you pierce their shell over a vital area, they dissipate, and drop anything they where holding, going intangible and invisible for at least a month. Ethereals can regenerate this way from nearly any wound, and are nigh impossible to kill. Where their face should be, instead is the shape of a hurricane with the epicenter over where the ethereal's right eye should be. It is assumed they can see out of it. Their voices are the result of winds of varying frequencies and chimes, and are therefore very echoing, like a scratched record of a fading scale. They are skilled in sorcery and wizardry, like they have a calling to it. They have just as much a calling to science, being that they themselves are an interesting effect. They look to the universe for answers, not being compulsed to worship Tresingiis, just to serve him, in exchange for protection and powers. Their forms can wear clothes, and they often wear gold and silver armor or robes. They are Asexual and reproduce exactly once by duplicating every 105.437 years.

They formed a society, The Sarko Initiative. They explored the limits of both science in magic in a pyramid the size of a city on Exaclone. The pyramid gained the name, Sarko. In the pyramid, Tresingiis has a throne, decorated in precious metals, and illuminated by a sunroof. The pyramid is a fully functioning indoors metropolis.

Spoiler
    Show

-4 AP Create Fabled life: Ethereals
    -2 AP Form society, The Sarko Initiative
    Remaining AP: 0 Not for long though.

Song title below by Kansas

(sorry elemental, I told you you could play them, but you're gone and the war seems to be wrapping up.)

Tulmany: Dust in the Wind

And so, Mirage fell. Soldiers raided the streets and declared martial law in the lichlords of Lokab's name. Tylarch dealt with the clerics himself, though he wouldn't have to. The soldiers had them decapitated and their heads where paraded on pikes. Now there was one more thing to be done. As Tylarch tore though the guards, Reddulch stood in his way.

"You think the liches of Lokab where right? You know what happened to them!?"

*Lightning bolt* "Of course I know what fate befell Lokab! How could I ever forget it? That's why we're here!"

*Force Shield and deflect to the ground* Reddulch approached closer to the ravenkin. "You will die! All of you will die! And then you will know I am right."

*More lightning bolts* Tylarch smiles. "Even if all of us die, nobody will ever worship you! You're a lie!"

*blocks all of them with force shield* Reddulch drew closer still. "I'm a lie? Then what are you? Liches have lived before, it never ends well."

*Wild pillars of flame* "Shut up and die!"

*Blocks every one* Reddulch was now yards away from Tylarch, threateningly. "I will die when I tire of getting what I want" He grabbed for Tylarch's throat, raising him up against the wall in a choker hold.

Tylarch swung his legs up onto Reddulch's arm and kicked him in the face. He let go and Tylarch fell down. He seized the gap in Reddulch's defense, and shot him full of lightning point blank. "Nobody will give you what you want here. Not us, and not your own people! Now Die!"

Reddulch wouldn't give him the satisfaction, he disappeared without a trace, after leaving an ominous warning. "You will be smited from the face of this planet, you can't hide from a god's wrath!(referring to himself) You'll never make a difference!"

And with that, the battle was won. Tylarch allowed the cult to occupy the shrine, but he would take all the idols and symbols, and burn them first. The cult was allowed to exist, the spoils where passed out among soldiers; Martial law took effect, while the victors talked about what to do next. Tylarch sought out Garrug and Garek. "The battle is ours, what comes next? Reddulch got away."

Tulmany; The Hunters

"I'll do what I can. I don't know if he will listen to me or not, but the food belongs to the people who grew it. In this time, we can't spare a resource." They got to the city in time to see the end result. "My god! What the heck? Let's get to the bottom of this."
    Garek was ecstatic, the Cult had occupied the temple, and was in the process of invoking the power of the Returned to consecrate (actually, desecrate) the Temple. He had secluded himself in the mausoleum beneath the temple, and sent a representative to speak with Tylarch and Garreg. "I apologize for Lord Garek's absence, he is... indisposed. I am Cleric Markos, and I represent the Cult of the Returned." Markos bowed his head. "We would aid you in whatever plans you have, but in return, we ask to be allowed to worship the Returned openly, and that people be allowed to join the cult as they want."

6. - Top - End - #1236

Garden of the Dead Gods

A spirit twisted and writhed in its sleep, its golden mist consumed by fiery darkness. It felt conflict, fire. It felt evil that should not be, darkness.

Water.

The garden shone with dew and mist, a cooling and refreshing spray that tasted of freedom. It bubbled in watery paths that teemed with life, splashed with spray and playful jets.

Light.

The mist glowed softly with iridescent colors, and small creatures flitted among softly falling waterfalls. Wild streams paved paths through mossy stone, and delicate flowers grew, their petals shining with exultant light.

Spoiler
    Show

Actions:

(Rollover)

Create Life: The flora and fauna of the Garden.

AP: 1+8-1=8 AP.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

A Lonely Mountain on Exaclone, Far From Anywhere

"Oh, listening to an offer never hurts. But temptation does. And I know all about temptation, it's my job after all."
    He did not choose to face Reisen, instead choosing to keep his expressions to himself in case he gave anything away.
    "Speak, oh Fool."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1238

War in the North

The Main force dealt well with the changing circumstances, reserves were sent in to deal with the flanking forces. The rear regulars formed schiltrom, but the flanks were beginning to be pushed back.

The forces of the Black Reach charged up the hill and began to rip into the backs of the knights.

That and not a moment earlier was when Jennifer sprung her trap. She looked behind her to a circle of Astromancers,

"Now."

They began to chant and hum, the power Nettal had brought to bear served as a boon for their spells and torrents of lightning streaked from the skies seeking the deaths of the armies below.

Jennifer then held up a hand, the lightning stopped. She threw her hand down and the entirety of the Order of the Nameless Knight, the greatest warriors of the Empire, charged. Their aim, the Vargulfi who had attacked their brothers' flank.

Jennifer stepped away from the circle, the magical might made her skin tingle. Then her eyes turned milk white. In the distance, a cloud of bats flew from a cave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Completely missed this part. Bats will arrive with my next post.

Nettal smiled, "I like you. As per the customs of the Ice-kin I claim the right of challenge."

He slammed the shard of Dawn, the exalted spear into the ground and a ring of green fire surrounded he and the Cerunian general. "I'd rather no one else get hurt during our fight."

Acabare

Gwyn shook her head, "No Kipt, we need you now. Dralclor has already united with the other members of the circle. Fighting them separately didn't keep them separate, we need a new strategy. And if we are to win, we need to stand united against them."

Post War Cerune

"You're telling me." Sophia shuddered, "It feels like someone's about to grab me from behind."

Despite the apprehension, she strides forward, the pair avoid a few patrols. And make their way within a dozen feet of the castle.

Curiously, they hadn't seen any people on the streets, perhaps-

"You there!" A Ravenkin knight sees the pair through the shadows. The Ravenkin begins to make her way towards the pair.

"Don't you know it's past curfew??"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-23 at 01:50 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Acabare

Gwyn shook her head, "No Kipt, we need you now. Dralclor has already united with the other members of the circle. Fighting them separately didn't keep them separate, we need a new strategy. And if we are to win, we need to stand united against them."
    "Gwyn, would you have me abandon my Elthiens to be marauded, raided, killed, and enslaved by the drakes?" Kipt stared off in the distance as he spoke, and turned his staff over in his hand again and again. The gods around him could probably tell that he looks conflicted. "Would you have me raise another army, and merge its strength to yours?" Could I handle raising another army? I liked my first one little enough, and that was to defend my own people. Why do we need these armies for these petty battles? Why can we not learn to live in peace? The pressures of having to lead others through these war times were getting to Kipt. He liked it better when he was just a silly god who indulged himself, and had fun. The days of Lilli, and later, his daughter. But those days were long gone, and even Aqaeris, his closest friend had gone. It wasn't fair to him that so many had gone, and left him here to stay. He knew he still had a duty to do for the world, but it was just too much for him sometimes. "United? Don't tell me about how united we need to be when you aren't even a member of this pantheon." Kipt regretted saying that immediately, and was sure he would apologize for it later.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

Silence Falls

While darkness gathers and mortals ascend to rival the gods themselves there is another force. Darkness, light, gray... Wigbach wasn't a color or lack thereof, he was a sound. He was silence. And silence fell....

Yes, there is pain in life, pain and loss and sorrow, but there is also joy, and the pleasures of growing and learning. You can't have one without the other.... these are things Isanloff never understood. But Wigbach.... it didn't matter. Joy, nor sorrow, nor loss or gain. And silence fell....

Every sound is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness...silence wasn't perfect... but it was clean. Clean and pristine... it was always there being tramped and dirtied by thoughts and sounds... silence was golden... silence fell.

No one dared disturb the sound of silence. And thus the gods never knew...

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 5 (including rollover)

Curse 3 (This curse takes 15 AP to break)

Gods do not hear prayers. AND mortals on the material plane can't hear OR SEE real gods...

1) Players can express the lack of prayers anyway they want to...
    2) Gods on the material plane find that they mortals can't hear or see them on the material plane.... gods can talk to mortals outside the material plane.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar

"Morgash, I feel that the good deities may be planning our demise as much as we plan theirs. What should be our first move? Distraction? Divine Power? Cursing them down from their mighty perch? And as you have age and wisdom on your side... Who shall we strike first?" said Isyldar with a worried look.

He then turned to Savorla to make the exchange. "Mother, I hereby bestow upon you fifty of my Awakened. You may order them to split, into as numerous as you wish BUT, they may not harm anything evil. If they do, and I will know about it, then they shall be revoked from your control and will turn on you. I'm sorry Mother, but it's the backup mechanism and you can put one into your changelings if you so desire. Sound fair?" said Isyldar with a chuckle.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

12. - Top - End - #1242

BlueWizardGirl

Tulmany

Markos was received by Tylarch. He hated gods, false gods, the lot of them together. He didn't want to have the Returned be worshiped in the Lokab Empire, the kingdom of liches. Even so, he did not make his feelings law; these cultists had turned into a valuable resource to him. "Yes, it doesn't have to be a secret; You can do what you want in your own temple. People can join you if they seek you out. You may not, however preach and beg people to join you in the street. Also, until I establish a better system, everyone not posted as a guard, whom I do not know the name of, has a curfew at dusk. It's past dusk now. In the morning, we will take inventory and decide how we shall be ruled."

He went to Garrug, outside where he was loitering. "[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]How are our forces?[/COLOR]"

Drestin was baffled. "It looks like we lost. . . I am blindsided by this. I don't know what to make of it. Should we go talk to someone?"

Acabare

Tresingiis returned to where the Empowered Counsel was speaking. "I now have an army. The Ethereals are at the ready. Kipt, if you would not lead us, united, then pass the torch. Every god will be effected by the outcome of this, and by proxy, every mortal and every spirit will be as well. The whole of creation depends on what we do here.

Before we can throw everything we've got into a big heap, and hurl it at our foes, we must consider this: What are the desired outcomes? What do we want accomplished? How do we want this to end? What is our endgame?

Our pantheon's dogma is peace, but that is not an option anymore! We have to set up the pieces so that when they all fall down, we're in control. Then we can have peace!
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    @Rollover, +5 AP = 5 AP
    Plus, Exaclone is unaffected by Mystic's silence, btw, since it's a different world.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1243

Garden of the Dead Gods

The comatose spirit of Aquaeris shifted, and it felt something very wrong. It snarled in its sleep.

But it felt doubt. It writhed in horrible agony as it sacrificed yet more of itself to aid its cause. Golden light flowed from the tree of Kiloasa, blessing and gifting its divine energy to its cause. It would sacrifice everything to save the universe.

The garden suddenly shifted as the trees started dying...

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:

Bless: Gift one of each race that existed the magic of the way of their god. This will be the mortal the closest to their god.

Bless: All of Aquaeris' worshippers count for Kipt's Piety of the Devoted.

Bless: Wigbach feels a spark of joy, true joy, in his heart. This may harm him, or it may just give him a thorn in his side. Whatever the case, he knows it's from Aquaeris.

AP: 8-1-1-1=5 AP.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

14. - Top - End - #1244

BlueWizardGirl

Reddulch

Reddulch had fled, very angry at Tylarch. He would get back at him, but not from this position. Tylarch was stronger than he, and he knew it. How could they disobey me? I am a god! He knew not what to do, he was lost, and he was pissed. He shifted his focus to Tresingiis. The lord of the desert, is he? What's of his desert now? How dare he forsake us? What can I do to piss 'em off? That would make me feel better. I know, I'll take out something of his. . . Only what should I break???

Somewhere, lost amongst the sand

Aqueris's gift fell on one, unexpecting. The Cretaum where confused, few where loyal, completely. One such still devout lady was walking down the street of a city, she was very months pregnant. A Cretaum jumped her with a knife, killing her instantly, while her blood drained into a gutter. This thug proceeded to take her purse, and walk away. The baby was not lost however. Aqueris's gift smiled upon him, though Tresingiis never made his own magic, the sand fell prey to this child's will. It was a little baby girl with the full power of a sorcerer. She could control sand as well as she could her fingers. At this point, the power was weak, and it was only the side effects of Aqueris's gift that sheltered her. She lie there in the street, crying until a passing goblin picked her up and cradled her. She had a birthmark, a circle with lines pointing out like the sun on her right shoulder. She was brought out of the city, and into one of the tribes, were she was raised by what could be called serfs.

Michael and Sofia

In the United Goblin Emirates, few people had heard of what this lich had done. It all happened in one day. Still, a bird flew over the desert. It had an ominous letter tied to its leg. Michael received it, looking it over.

The letter read:
    Michael, stay away. Liches have taken over our desert again. It happened fast, and a dark magic descends over the land. Stay in the Emirates until further notice.

---The deserter

Michael turned to Sofia. "What should we do? Who is this from?"

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ettin in the Playground

The War in the North

"The right of challenge is a rather antiquated practice, but I shall grant your request. I merely need to send a message to the Seneschal of Cerune concerning affairs of state. You will allow this?"
    Rushaan did not wait for a response, and instead walked through the flame and spoke with his lieutenant. In truth, he did not need to send a message to Kitan, he had already given him orders to evacuate as much of the populace should they fail. Instead, he spoke to his lieutenant and told him to flee the battlefield as soon as Nettal killed him.
    He returned to the arena. The fire tried to sear his flesh, but he would scarcely be a skilled sorcerer if he couldn't walk through fire.
    "Before we begin, you must tell me your name."
    Seeing as he was about to die, he decided there was no point in hiding his faith any longer, and he added as an afterthought:
    "May the Reaper have mercy on our souls."

Arcabare

"Young Kipt, you speak too harshly. Gwyn may not be a member of our pantheon, but she is a just and honourable ally.
    "She is right, we must stand united. Peace has been banished, and we must fight to restore it. For the sake of the Elthiens, and the Forests, and the seas, and everything we hold dear.
    "And Tresingiis, now is not the time to discuss matters of leadership. Kipt has us to advise him should he need it."

He turned to a window and looked out at the stars, a plan forming in his mind.
    "Gwyn, you are most experienced with military matters, how do you think we should begin our assault? Or should we not begin at all and wait for our enemies to come to us?"

The Darkest Reaches of the Cosmos

The will of Belsheroth was felt in the Void and the Spaces Between the Stars. He had placed the stars in the sky aeons ago, and now they would serve him in his task. Just a few imperceptible shifts in alignment and it was ready...
    Now their light penetrated deep into the Void, millions upon millions of stars, their light burning the Voidspawn. But it stopped as soon as it began, instead forming a faint shimmering barrier, forever sealing the Void.
    However, the starlight remembered the Voidspawn...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 10 + 1PAP + 8 (rollover)
    Curse: Starlight burns the Voidspawn and blinds them temporarily. 1 AP
    Curse: The Void is sealed from the rest of creation. In essence, beyond the farthest stars, there is a barrier that cannot be penetrated through any means. 2 AP
    Remaining AP: 16

Geasa

All across Geasa, those shrine forges that still functioned began to slow and soon their fires burnt no longer. The ancient machines of the Gnomes that still functioned wound down, unable to draw power from the forges that had sustained them for aeons.
    Where once the process had been slow, now, it was sudden. The Gnomes needed a new power source, and they needed it now. Luckily for them, there was a God who lived among them and saw their plight. They never bothered him, but now they needed his aid.
    So they sent him a message.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-24 at 12:18 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Pixie in the Playground

Alchazzar, Morgazzar
    Fyurl closed his eyes, spending a brief moment to focus his thoughts. Being born right into the middle of an ongoing war was, after all, a tad stressful.

"I advise you consider your plans carefully, given the scale of what we are attempting, Leader Morgash. Best of luck with your endeavors - if we are going to be undertaking such a daunting task, I believe I should make preparations of my own... Send the word, if ever you need anything, of course." The Harbinger turned, walking away out of Morgazzar and spreading his wings fully before folding them around himself, vanishing.

Calasanctium
    Fyurl hunted and scoured the earth in secret, sniffing out the scent of evil wherever it showed. Using the basic knowledge of the world he inherited, he sought out creatures that appealed to him and his plans, and gathered information, plotting. Sadly, there were not any creatures who were truly, perfectly designed. As much as it pained him, a personal expenditure of power had to be made.

Taking influence from many beings throughout the world, Fyurl brought beings into the world who resembled himself in all but appearance. The Jiang Shi, as he called them, were all gathered in one location for convenience' sake. Immediately afterwards, he caused grey pillars to burst forth from the earth, shifting in place and adjusting until a large, imposing castle was standing before them.

Aside from appointing one their leader and making sure they would only devour souls when absolutely necessary, Fyurl left them to their own devices. They'd be there when he needed them.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 14, +2PAP
    Create Fabled Life: Jiang Shi. Pale-skinned humanoids with a deathly appearance, Jiang Shi are resilient and have great stamina. They are capable of devouring other souls in a method known as Diablerie - unlike despoiling, this takes time, but adds to power on a more permanent basis. There are two methods to accomplish this: either just draining the soul but leaving the essence intact, growing stronger but letting the soul depart to the afterlife. Alternatively, Jiang Shi can devour the soul entirely, growing even stronger but becoming a bit unstable due to the extra soul(s) residing inside of theirs. If someone who has diablerised any amount of souls dies, all souls they have devoured depart to the afterlife separately.
    Form Organization: Cruentis Consentio. A gathering of all Jiang Shi, dedicated to overthrowing and ruling Calasanctium, and then the world, no matter how long they have to wait. They worship Fyurl, yet do not bother to make any decorations or ceremonies in his honour - anybody who were to kill or raid their location wouldn't have any idea they were religious at all. Fyurl only bothers to communicate with Vincent, their leader. -2AP
    Alter Land: Castle Diabolus. A large a remote, hidden location of Calasanctium, where the Cruentus Consentio reside. Vincent chose the name. -1AP
    Gain Domain: Magic (Jiang Shi). -1AP, 2PAP
    -8AP, -2PAP total
    AP: 6, +0PAP
    Last edited by Novaix; 2012-10-02 at 09:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

Snow Haven

King Stephen had grown in power. Rumours abounded at court. Some claimed it was the work of daemons, others of sorcerers, but most put it to some form of divine gift.
    The Church knew not what to do concerning this. They sensed the divine power in the King, but they knew it not. However, he did nothing to make them suspect him of any wrongdoing.
    But still... The King was acting very strangely... He never seemed to sleep any more and rarely ate... Furthermore, those who detracted from him and opposed his rule began to disappear.

One morning, soon after his ascension to false divinity, even though he knew not what had happened to him, King Stephen had the people of Snow Haven gather in the square before the Temple of Belsheroth and from the steps, he spoke to the people:
    "People of Snow Haven. Our God has granted me the power with which to safeguard our realm.
    "But there is one threat that cannot be guarded against merely by armies or might. Nay, even our faith cannot shield us from the error of our ways."

He pointed up to the dark clouds of pollution that hovered over the city.
    "The pollution has darkened our skies and clogged our rivers for too long. I will remove its stain from our Kingdom!"
    His eyes glowed brightly and power surrounded him as he raised both hands. A beam of silver light hit the sky and the clouds dissipated as it spread out across the Kingdom. Everywhere it went the pollution faded and the rivers cleared. The Sun shone down upon Snow Haven unimpeded for the first time in centuries.

Spoiler
    Show
    King Stephen had one AP as of last rollover:
    Bless: The pollution that plagued the Calasanctium Kingdom is cleansed. The sky is free of smog and the rivers now run clean.

Just note that Stephen isn't going to declare himself a God, mostly because it'd be a political blunder of the worst kind and the fact that he doesn't believe he is one.
    Also, his spark has removed his atheism.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #1248

Acabare

Gwyn frowned at Kipt's saying, "I was not aware you had commited all the archons to battle. But unity stands for many things Kipt, Coordinating our efforts is one of them. Should your people be attacked, the Archons will not fight alone. The Deathless, the Ethereals, and the Belsherai will come to your aid. We unite here so that all our people may be safer for it. I do not ask for a full commitment of your forces, just your bodily presence will be enough."

She approached looking him in the eye, "And if your people are attacked it will be our mortals, not you to protect them."

Even as she spoke a message entered Kipt's mind, so as not to be heard by the others, "And I wil tell you a secret Kipt. My father lost touch with mortals long before he was reborn into this thing. He began to despise the world he had sought to save. The burdens of leadership- of being the eldest, were too great for him. I remember how bitter his aura of cold became in the last days of his life. It is why I refused to lead this council when you offered to support me and it is why I refused to join. You need someone on the outside to slap some sense into you when you begin acting like an apathetic idiot!"

Gwyn looked appraisingly at the leader of the council, then smiled sympathetically, "I may not look it, but I hate war just as much as anyone. Unfortunately, it is the only way to protect those we love."

Gwyn backed away a few steps then closed her eyes, a response to Belsheroth's question. "A few of my Inevitables are reporting that the time barrier you put upon them has been broken, nice thought by the way. However, it still stops them if they get too close. I think it's safe to say Morgash broke it only for his lot, do you mind lowering that Uncle? Not now, just before we attack-"

She stopped a moment, looked at Kipt, then frowned, "On second thought, there's no reason we can't try to talk this out at first. See if there's a way to coexist. I'll volunteer to be the ambassador."

Aqaerius' life energy coalasced around her spear, making it shine like the sun for a moment, the power hummed as Gwyn tapped the butt of her spear against the floow. Gwyn smiled. "Don't worry, if they can take me down, we're in a lot more trouble than we thought."

"However, on the off chance they do, I'll have Thorondor and the Knights poised to begin harrassing attacks, while Belsheroth gets the Belsherai in formation and prepare to attack from the front. Tresinigiis, apologies, but what are the capabilities of your Ethereals? If they are as they sound, I believe they would be best utilized in attacking the enemy from the rear, possibly through the fortress itself? If the Archons could support the knights, we have a much better chance of succeeding."

She looked at Kipt meaningfully, then back to Belsheroth, "It is not the most brilliant strategy, granted, but trying to outsmart my brother would be an excercise in futility. However, I've learned in my years of watching and preparing for battle that there's always an amount of brute force against which no strategy can succeed-"

Suddenly, the Inevitables appeared behind her, V-65 stood at their head. "Threat recognised, seeking to destroy the Forest of Starlight is a crime against existence itself.... Our calculations conclude the balance is in danger. The Inevitable Council has adjurned, course of action selected. Stop Morgash at any cost."

Gwyn smiled, "And we have that."

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 7
    Rollover 7+7=14
    Infuse Spear of the Dawn -2AP
    Ending AP: 12

Justification for involving the 'don't use in combat because they're +8 to RCR:'One cannot plan to destroy the afterlife and expect the guardians of universal stability not to make response.

Anreydu

V-65 and two other Varakhut met within the central chamber of the Tower of Clockwork. The other two were designated V-78 and V-99. They discussed rather disturbing reports from the inner workings of karma, the part of karma that monitored the actions of gods so as to predict the outcomes of their actions on the Balance.

"What effects could we expect to observe after the Forest of Starlight is destroyed?"

"A disruption in the disposition of souls at best."

"A complete destruction of existence at absolute worst."

"Likelihood of worst case scenario?"

"1%"

The Inevitables hummed in almost agitated manner.

"Conclusion: Risk is unacceptably high."

"Agreed."

"Agreed."

"Suggested course of action: Stop Morgash. All opposed?"

"The 'Ayes' have it."

Something that had never been seen was about to happen. The Inevitables were going to war.

The War in the North

Nettal bowed slightly, "I am called Nettal. I give you the honor of opening this duel, son of the Reaper."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-24 at 01:43 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #1249

Tulmany

"Yeah," Randon replied while staring at the soldiers massed around the open gates. There seemed to be two speakers at the top, addressing the soldiers, but they stopped soon, and the crowd started to disperse.

Timmon arrived at the city at roughly the same time. A group of six people on camels seemed a good enough target for question to Drestin and Randon, so they approached them. Their dialogue exchange was short when they discovered that they knew nothing though, and both groups proceeded into the city, staying in close proximity to each other.

Timmon's ambition got the best of him when he saw one of the people who had been delivering the speech. "Hey!" he called out, "I am a friend of Reddulch, come to trade with him and his empire." Wrong answer. Within seconds, blades from all of the surrounding soldiers were at the throats of Timmon's party (not the hunters). "Then you should grieve to hear that your friend is no longer in charge here. Take them to the prison!"

Randon and Drestin exchanged a look. Reddulch no longer in charge? was what it could have said.

Acabare
    Spoiler
    Show
    edited

"You are right, Belsheroth," Kipt said as humbly as he could. Gwyn, I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean that." Looking up at Gwyn, and listening to her thoughts on war and leadership gave him a deeper respect for her. "Thank you, Gwyn. for everything you continue to do for us." It was in response to both spoken and unspoken sentiments, and Kipt said it tenderly.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-09-24 at 01:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcabare

"Certainly Gwyn. We can't attack Alzhazzar until it's down anyway. Give the signal, and I'll remove it."
    Belsheroth nodded his head.
    "You are right, brute force can often get the job done. After all, none of us are real masters of subtlety."
    He suppressed the urge to cough in reference to himself.
    "I'd rather you not go Gwyn. It is too dangerous. By my last count, there are approximately a half dozen deities in attendance there. Skilled though you are, you may be outnumbered. But I know you will not change your mind concerning this, so I offer a compromise.
    "Remain here and send only a shard."

The War in the North

Damn tradition...
    Very well then Nettal...
    Rushaan's eyes began to glow and a thick cloud of smoke from the ring of fire moved across the arena concealing him. It drifted away, and he wasn't there. A frosted knife came flying out of the smoke aimed directly for Nettal's left eye, followed shortly by Rushaan himself, a wave of frost preceding him.
    Most viewed the Sarkanian Smoke Trick as a cheap way for a sorcerer to start a fight. But death was imminent, and Rushaan couldn't care less.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #1251

Acabare

"It is true that as a member of neither pantheon, Gwyn would have a diplomat's immunity." Kipt replied, "Sending a shard does sound like the safer option, though."

22. - Top - End - #1252

The Emirates

Sofia's eyes grew very wide. She managed to grit her teeth to keep from yelling.

"Liches? Those horrors yet live?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

23. - Top - End - #1253

Arcabare

Gwyn actually looked a little apprehensive at sending a shard of herself, but eventually nodded, "Very well, but understand, my shards have a tendency to... well, I suppose it doesn't matter."

She closed her eyes.

Alchazzar

Gwyn was only mildly suprised to see that the shard she sent was still attached to her, apparently the Crone didn't want this one. The shard looked at the assembled dark gods, who aside from Vargull, she had never met.

"Greetings, I am Gwyn."

Her voice was guarded, she made no attempt to hide her disdain for a few of the gods here. Two felt very familiar, but she ignored it, she had to push forward.

"I've been asked by the Council to see if you are ammendable to peace talks. If not, then nothing changes."

The War in the North

Nettal jerked his head back just in time to avoid losing an eye, chipping awary at the stone that made up his body. He makes a sharp gesture and the Earth opens up beneath his opponent.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-24 at 06:49 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar

Gwyn was only mildly suprised to see that the shard she sent was still attached to her, apparently the Crone didn't want this one. The shard looked at the assembled dark gods, who aside from Vargull, she had never met.

"Greetings, I am Gwyn."

Her voice was guarded, she made no attempt to hide her disdain for a few of the gods here. Two felt very familiar, but she ignored it, she had to push forward.

"I've been asked by the Council to see if you are ammendable to peace talks. If not, then nothing changes."
    Morgash turned to see Gwyn, he tilted his skull, then rose from his throne, the last remaining dust and rotted flesh on his body crumbling away. He stared at Gwyn for what seemed a few minutes, then he stopped tilting his head, and words echoed from within Gwyn's mind, and indeed within the minds of all that were assembled. "I will speak of peace, but only on a neutral ground... Not here in the Void, nor in the Starlight Forest... tell those of the Empowered Council to send a Shard to The Mortal Plane... there we shall speak..." The Lich God sat once more, the tiny pinpoints of light in his eye sockets flickering, ablaze with thought.

25. - Top - End - #1255

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    Morgash turned to see Gwyn, he tilted his skull, then rose from his throne, the last remaining dust and rotted flesh on his body crumbling away. He stared at Gwyn for what seemed a few minutes, then he stopped tilting his head, and words echoed from within Gwyn's mind, and indeed within the minds of all that were assembled. "I will speak of peace, but only on a neutral ground... Not here in the Void, nor in the Starlight Forest... tell those of the Empowered Council to send a Shard to The Mortal Plane... there we shall speak..." The Lich God sat once more, the tiny pinpoints of light in his eye sockets flickering, ablaze with thought.
    Gwyn's eyes narrowed, "The mortal plane is no longer able to support the essence of any member of the Council."

She thought for a moment, then nodded, "They may however send their representatives."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    Isyldar watched with disdain at this goddess who thought to negotiate peace. "Morgash, do you wish us to remain here, or would you rather an accompaniment of my Awakened?" thought Isyldar to Morgash.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Gwyn's eyes narrowed, "The mortal plane is no longer able to support the essence of any member of the Council."

She thought for a moment, then nodded, "They may however send their representatives."
    The Pinpoints of light flared up for a moment, and Morgash's voice echoed into Gwyn's mind. "This is acceptable..." Morgash then turned to look at Isyldur. He smiled "I would greatly appreciate that, Isyldar. And if any of you wish to accompany me, please, do so."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-24 at 07:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Alchazzar

Gwyn nodded, "Very well."

She flickered out of existance.

Acabare

Gwyn opened her eyes and looked at the others, "They ask you send your representatives to the mortal plane, to discuss the terms of peace."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Troll in the Playground

A Lonely Mountain On Exaclone, Far From Anywhere

"I have a certain knack for truth. Being a creature of lies the truth has always held a certain... temptation as you put it. There is no greater lie than truth after all. And it just so happens that since long before your race was made I have been a bit of a collector." The fool plucked a contract out of the air and offered it to Polaris. "And for the price of a single favor, to be named at a later date, I am willing to return to your people a truth they have long since been without. The true power of their creator. So the question before you my dear Polaris," The Fool smiles softly as his voice drops to a conspiratorial whisper. "Is would you like to be a god?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1260

Acabare

Before Gwyn left, "Fare well, Gwyn. I wish you luck on behalf of this pantheon." Kipt looks quite a bit more cheerful now. "I think I may have an idea of how I can contribute after all. Now, if you will excuse most of me." With that, Kipt's aspects split up again. The Lover stayed with her fellow gods in Acabare while the Troubadour left to create as he often did. The Sage on the other hand was drawn elsewhere, to a presence he had felt while staying off into the distance with the Staff of the Dead Divine in hand.

The Heavens

For lack of a void, the Troubadour went to the Heavens to create. The one he had left in changed known as Young Lion greeted him warmly, "Hello, master, it's good of you to be with us again." "It gladdens me to be with you again, how goes the war?" "Oh, more of the same, really. It is about exactly what you would expect it to be." Kipt nodded. "I think I may have an idea to help with your war, and another I am expected to help with. See here." kipt gestures to a blob of forming light mass. The Troubadour crafted the mass, and formed the light around one point. It got very bright, and then hardened into a sturdy form. Once the light was suppressed, Young Lion could see that it had formed the horn on the head of a horse. "This is my latest creation, the unicorn. I will keep a well stocked stable of them the next asteroid over, and they will serve your kind as mounts." "Thank you, m'lord, you are good to us as always."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 22 AP
    Rollover
    Kipt
    +6(+1)
    Giving him maxed 25+1 AP+PAP
    False Sparks
    Geodrick 1 AP
    +1AP
    Giving him 2 AP
    Timmon 1 AP
    +1AP
    Giving him 2 AP
    Create fabled life, Unicorns -(3+1)
    For a final amount of 22 AP

Garden of the Dead gods
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the Sage by the way. Kipt is broken up into three aspect, The Lover, The Troubadour, and The Sage. Each governs two of his aspects, and at the end of the day they all merge back together and become the same person. The Sage represents the domains he has of Nature (Balance), and Simplicity (Harmony), so I thought it was appropriate.

Kipt had felt something in the Staff of Dead Divine soon after he accepted it, but he wasn't sure it could be true. He stood in front of the tree of Kiloasa, and felt it even stronger. But how? he thought to himself. He knew that there had to be some kind of a shard of Kiloasa's power left over, and Kipt knew that he had to follow it, or he might not even had another change. He touched the Staff of Dead Divine to the tree, and felt the energy pulse stronger. He put forward some of his own, and in the swirling divine power left over from Kiloasa, and contributed from Kipt, a new god was born. "Hello?" Kipt asked the new entity cautiously at first. "I am Kipt, welcome to existence."

Acabare

"Where is this meeting to be held? Had you discussed it?" The Troubadour might have named a cleric of Kipt, and The Sage might have named Young Lion, but The Lover had Jewel in mind.