New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Halls of Death

Gwyn was actually calm enough to watch the exchange, but the entire time she seethed. The duel was on hold for but a moment. Then Beslsheroth returned life to the mortals, she hated it. He thought she would trust him to judge another creature? No, if this is how gods were, then Nettal was right.

"No, you have not shown an ounce of remorse, you have bound a fellow god in chains for words, you, you cannot be trusted with the dead, the living, or anything else. You. Will. Be. Stopped."

She threw her spear, light filled the chamber as it became a bolt streaking for Belsheroth's eye. Simultaneously she charged for him, hoping to grab him by the throat and slam him against the floor until he went limp.

Either she hadn't seen Ombra yet, or at the moment, she didn't care.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-10-02 at 08:52 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Garden of the Dead Gods

Aquaeris, his face lean and grim, appeared in front of Graiah.

"Hello, Graiah. I see your dismay and feel it. It's mine as well. The Reaper of the Stars has taken death from mortals, and, with it, life and reproduction."

"We come to you to warn you: if we don not do something, now, our mortals will die."
    Garden of the Dead Gods

The pain let up, but what returned was sickly for now, a tired, battered shadow of Life.

"Why did it do that? What caused it to hate the world so much?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-02 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Oh the Irony

Oh wait! Your curse prevents anyone from aiding them Nettal! They need a god to save them, but none can! Should I have you plead them their lives?
    No... You'll never do it. You have far too much pride.

Psssst... Belsheroth... Telepathy. It's a thing. And the laughter resumed its echo in his mind.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alchazzar]

Savorla felt the tugging on Anarya's soul, seeking to claim it, and the pull on those of the Changelings, and her Fae, succeeding with those, for she could not stop it in time...

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 11

Gain Domain: War (Weaponcraft)

8 AP - Creating two sets of sentient firearm Artifacts.

Gain Domain: Beauty (Death)

7 AP - Form Deathdancers, Weave Netheli

Gain Domain: Change (Healing)

7 AP - Created the Fae, who in turn make Changelings, and, while yes, quite a few of them are tortured horribly, like Kyran, a lot of them are made whole too. Infused Anarya. Blessed Freeport.

[Halls of Death]

Rage was, finally, strong enough to overcome fear. Let him claim the souls of the rest if he wished, she would have simply stormed about in Netheli, until one of her lovers could manage to calm her, but the Fae were hers, and he had no right to bind them to him. But even that she might have, not forgiven, for she would not, but ignored.

The attempt to lay claim to Anarya's soul, however, to take the essence of a goddess, and one whose soul was bound to another's, at that... That she would not bear, not even for him, and especially not when he was set upon by others, and weakened.

"You take that to which you have no right, uncle. I made the Fae, and you swore that their souls would be mine, as would those of my followers. So now you will pay the price of your oathbreaking..."
    , she said coldly, anger and hatred merging in her voice, the last thing Belsheroth would hear, even as she threw a poisoned dart towards his throat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Curse: Belsheroth is now blind. (-2 RCR)

Curse: Belsheroth is now deaf. (-2 RCR)

0 AP

(1d10+2)[6]

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Halls of Death

Ombra scowled and extended his arms from his sleeves, revealing a pair of dark steel gauntlets. On the back of the hands were large oval crystals, constantly shifting between bright colors. A pair of swords made of pure darkness formed in the gauntlets, and he gripped them tightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think i missed last rollover, so...

20AP (Rollover from 29th)
    -8AP
    ____
    12AP

Create Relics: Gauntlets of Shadow

Ombra wears two gauntlets made of steel underneath his sleeves. They are clawed and have crystal from the Shadowlands set into the back of the hand. They allow him to create solid constructs out of pure darkness - one for each gauntlet - and the gauntlets are activated and/or used by the user's will. Ombra can quickly switch between the dark constructs, but other gods that use them would have to make constructs from one of their own domains to use them quickly. (They could make shadow constructs if they wanted, they would just form more slowly.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1446

BlueWizardGirl

Madness and solemnity

Tylarch felt the spark of all the souls he had bound lunge and writhe in pain as they where jerked around by the starlit reaper like a tether-ball. He screamed; "[COLOR="Dark Orchid"]Enough![/COLOR]" He cut loose all of the souls in the desert from Belsheroth's Icy grip. They where now his responsibility, all of them, and what would a lich do with all of his people? He made each one of them responsible for their own soul. Lokab stood strong with their lichlord, the false spark Tylarch. He had saved them from yet another spoiled god.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feather of Blasphemy; Tylarch's AP:
    2 -2 bless: All of the souls who belong to the lokab empire are cut from Belsheroth's grasp. They are bound to themselves, not exactly living, but bound through dark magic. Their bodies will not grow, age, die or decay. Their minds continue to grow. Their souls are stitched to their bodies, they don't heal injuries except through magic, essentially making dark mages healers. Because of the feather, It would take 10 (2x5) AP to undo this bless.

Note: Everyone who stands within the boundaries of a desert on the western continent is given back their soul in this manner. This includes the Emirates, Freeport, and everything in between. This does not include Calasancti.

@Avocado: I have no idea how this affects Garrug.

He went to Garek "What say you of these matters? Still devout I assume?"

Cut off

Tresingiis's avatar was stunned, it did not move. It did not know how to. It was an imitation of a god, now cut off from its instructions. It gained sentience, and a will of its own. Soon, it was blinking, and spreading its wings. It thanked Belsheroth for freeing it, however briefly before it was bound. It gained power rapidly, and although its soul was bound, it was more free than having no mind of its own. It gained power and reverence. It thought of a name for itself. "Rale"

Spoiler
    Show
    It is infused, it is now a false spark, and probably the one thing in the universe that isn't pissed at Belsheroth.

Acabare

Tresingiis looked to the Empowered Council. He shook his head, and made his leave. He sat on his throne on Exaclone, and asked himself what had become of the world. He gazed in silence at the wall, and reflected over his existance.

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 8+1(or whatever PAP is at for us)
    Gain domain: Society (tribal)
    1 from creating the Cretaum
    2 from forming their tribal society
    4 from raising Reddulch as a their chieftain hero
    Gain domain: Air (flying)
    4 from creating my avatar (a bird)
    3 from creating the sand spirits (described as floating around places)
    Remaining AP: 2+1
    Tresingiis is now a Greater diety
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-10-02 at 11:06 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Tulmany

Garek nodded "The Returned does not do this, the Returned fights against the corrupt afterlife that is currently in place."

Alchazzar

Morgash felt the flow of souls. Enraged, he vanished.

Halls of Death

"Your time is up, Belsheroth..." Morgash glanced around the room, seeing Gwyn and Ombra, he nodded, summoning his vast reserves of arcane power. He summoned a multitude of blades of pure arcane energy, hurling them all at Belsheroth in a storm of energy. If they hit, the Blades would slice through him one by one by one, each inflicting a terribly painful, but ultimately superficial, wound.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Halls of Death

Snarling like a demon-hound Vargull leapt up along with the other gods. His sword began to blaze with an inner fire, the Claidheamh Vaolg reflecting the inner fire of its master, before it subsided into an ember glow within the otherwise plain looking greatsword.

Vargull himself was similarly affected, the fire within his eyes now blazed out of control, his Armor of the Black Reach looked like volcanic rock, lines of magma and burning energy glowing in cracks in its surface, and fire sparked from his helm as he spoke.

"No Balsheroth. You shall command the Souls of the Dead no more. I cannot touch the mortal world to undo your acts now, but if I cannot reverse it, make no mistake, I will kill you before I let you judge my followers, or any others."

Spoiler
    Show
    9AP+1PAP=14AP+1PAP -2AP Infuse Claidheamh Vaolg, -3AP Gain Domain: Fire (Zeal)
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #1449

Failed Diplomacy

Jewel sheltered herself as best she could when the table exploded. Seeing how dangerous it was in the presence of gods, she left promptly.

Garden of Dead Gods

"What they have done will make it hard for us all," Kipt replied, sounding caring. "But I promise that I will work as hard as I can to put it right. Now if you'll excuse me, there is somewhere I must be, and something I must do."

Everywhere except the material plane

Kipt knew what had happened, and sent a message everywhere by harnessing some of his divine power.
    "INJUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE! WAR HAS BROKEN OUT IN A PEACE MEETING. GODS MAY NO LONGER CONTACT THEIR CREATIONS, AND MORTALS WERE MADE DEATHLESS FOR A TIME. GODS HAVE IMPOSED THEIR OWN WILL OVER OTHERS'S, AND CLAIMED WHAT SHOULD NOT RIGHTFULLY BE THEIRS. INJUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE! BUT I, KIPT, WILL TRY AS HARD AS I CAN TO SET THIS RIGHT! I AM RE-PURPOSING MY PANTHEON TO UNDOING THE WRONG THAT HAS JUST BEEN DONE. ANY GOD OF A LIKE MIND IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN US IN ACABARE, AND ANY WHO DO NOT SHARE MY BELIEFS ARE WELCOME TO LEAVE."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 25 AP
    I am removing Belseroth from the Empowered council.
    Bless, everyone hears Kipt's address: -1 AP
    Giving me 24

Halls of Death

"What is the meaning of this?!" Kipt exclaims as he reaches the conflict. "Things have been done that should not have been done, but more violence will not solve this! We need to band together so that we may remake the world a better place."
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-10-02 at 02:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450

The Garden of Dead Gods

Aquaeris sighed as he felt his right to his dead being taken from him. Then he smiled sorrowfully at Graiah.

"My nephew, they are Death. They know not how precious Life is. I am a balance of both. And now my right to my own people is taken away."

He turned to the tree of Kiloasa, his hood facing down. He started chanting; his voice turning into two, one an archaic and harsh tenor, the other a pensive and rippling voice that altered between bass, tenor, and soprano in the highest portions. The archaic line was an impressive, decisive, thudding minor that pounded at one's soul, the other was an ancient tune that had last been heard millennia ago; wailing, melancholy, oboe-like tones rose unevenly up and down a deep minor key. Apart, they would be impressive enough, but together, they gave off an impression of deep anger, slow to rise, that would crush everything if it wanted to, taking lives evil and innocent in its path. His words were odd, of no recognizable language and very different in intonation. But his chant seemed to be building up to a climax, as both lines sank into the deepest bass and the harsh, drumming line started uttering deep booms that sounded like no voice in this universe.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Orc in the Playground

The end of the Peace Conference
    Dralcor leaves with Morgash, but after Nettal's outrageous act and Belsheroth's outrageous response he leaves. He created 3 moon sized planets that revolved around each other in a plan perpendicular to the sun; each representing a different element. All 3 are inhabited by elemental Dragons. The Earth planet is a mountainous jungle and contains a lot of plant life and precious metals. The Fire planet has a volcanoes all over the surface and not much plant life. The Water planet has an icy shell with many holes in it to allow access to the mostly liquid insides, but their are icy caverns that go deep into the planet and their is a core covered in sand at the center. In between the three is a lack of gravity caused by the 3 fields of gravity acting against each other. He named the collection of planets The Elemental Triangle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Ap 15 + 2PaP
    Weave Plane: 4ap

Rem Ap 11 + 2 PaP
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-10-02 at 10:08 PM.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    The Garden of Dead Gods

Aquaeris sighed as he felt his right to his dead being taken from him. Then he smiled sorrowfully at Graiah.

"My nephew, they are Death. They know not how precious Life is. I am a balance of both. And now my right to my own people is taken away."
    Garden of the Dead Gods

"But... such is absurd! All life depends on the death, of the reclaiming of energy and resources to survive. How could those who focus on death not see that without life, there is nothing to die?"

After saying his rant, he saw the work that Aqueris was beginning and stood there transfixed for a time, listening.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Garden of Dead Gods

"What they have done will make it hard for us all," Kipt replied, sounding caring. "But I promise that I will work as hard as I can to put it right. Now if you'll excuse me, there is somewhere I must be, and something I must do."

Everywhere except the material plane
    Spoiler
    Show

Kipt knew what had happened, and sent a message everywhere by harnessing some of his divine power.
    "INJUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE! WAR HAS BROKEN OUT IN A PEACE MEETING. GODS MAY NO LONGER CONTACT THEIR CREATIONS, AND MORTALS WERE MADE DEATHLESS FOR A TIME. GODS HAVE IMPOSED THEIR OWN WILL OVER OTHERS'S, AND CLAIMED WHAT SHOULD NOT RIGHTFULLY BE THEIRS. INJUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE! BUT I, KIPT, WILL TRY AS HARD AS I CAN TO SET THIS RIGHT! I AM RE-PURPOSING MY PANTHEON TO UNDOING THE WRONG THAT HAS JUST BEEN DONE. ANY GOD OF A LIKE MIND IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN US IN ACABARE, AND ANY WHO DO NOT SHARE MY BELIEFS ARE WELCOME TO LEAVE."
    Heeding his father's words, Graiah will travel to Acabre. He was small and weak with little energy to his name, but he agreed with his father and would support him as best he could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Psssst... Belsheroth... Telepathy. It's a thing. And the laughter resumed its echo in his mind.
    Ombra looked at Nettal, and the Ascended Mortal heard a voice in his mind.

Hi there. I thought we could resume our enjoyable philosophical discussion my father so rudely interrupted. Or not. But that's irrelevant.

Am I correct in assuming you're not going to drop the barrier you erected entirely just just because I ask, or even because it's an abomination on all creation, or because it smells like rotten cheese mixed with week-old saurkraut and my mind's wandering again, sorry.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ombra looked at Nettal, and the Ascended Mortal heard a voice in his mind.

Hi there. I thought we could resume our enjoyable philosophical discussion my father so rudely interrupted. Or not. But that's irrelevant.

Am I correct in assuming you're not going to drop the barrier you erected entirely just just because I ask, or even because it's an abomination on all creation, or because it smells like rotten cheese mixed with week-old saurkraut and my mind's wandering again, sorry.
    It's a good thing some of you are smart... Nettal's mental voice winced with agony. If you can explain to me how it's an abomination against all creation I would certainly allow it to fall. However as long as its up, you and the other Deities can fight to your hearts' content and never fear that the Material Plane will be damaged by your wars.

I want explanations. On behalf of all the mortals that can't ask for them, I'm asking. Why did you, as a group, make the world the way it is? And upon seeing how poorly it turned out, why haven't you done more to fix it? Why are you allowed to trade mortal souls and mortal lives around without asking them what they want?

I don't understand. I'm a God now and I still don't understand.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Nettal may have known telepathy was a thing, but Belsheroth had millennia of practice.
    HEY NETTAL! GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE RIGHT, IT IS A THING! SOMETHING YOU SHOULD LEARN A BIT ABOUT!
    His voice echoed through Nettal's mind like the sound of thousands of thunderstorms.
    NOW, I'M BUSY HERE, SO DON'T BE OFFENDED IF I IGNORE YOU.
    He cut off Nettal and focussed on other things. Mainly that Gwyn was charging at him and a bolt of light was shining right in his eyes. He swirled his cloak and deflected the light bolt, dodging to the side out of the way of Gwyn. He laughed.
    A lot of things need to happen Dearest Niece. My death is only one of them!
    But he did not see the dart that punctured his throat. His vision went dark. That was alright. He liked the darkness, it never betrayed anyone or mocked them.
    So... You seek to blind me, and by the lack of the sound of it, deafen me also...
    "And still the mortals mock me... And they cut themselves from life..."
    They owe me! It is not a contract they can break so readily!
    But in his blinded and deafened state, he did not see the blades of arcane energy that struck him or hear the demands of Vargull or the pleas of Kipt.
    The energy bit deep into his flesh and his blood began to flow across the floor. Morgash may have intended the blades to leave merely superficial injuries, but the goodness buried deep within Belsheroth behind his insanity decided otherwise and pulled the blades deeper into his flesh, cutting tendons and crippling him.
    He collapsed to the floor in a pool of his own blood and the preternatural darkness that pervaded the room faded. His cloak was torn and bloodied. His hood was not up and his silver hair was stained with blood and all could see that he wept tears of blood from beneath his charred blindfold. He was unconscious and the battle between madness and sanity had only just began in his mind.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgazzar

Alyverai let out a cry of anguish and fell to the ground in a heap. He looked very dishevelled and at the brink of death. Isyldar knew this was of Belsheroth's doing, so he extended his essence into the Void, searching and searching for that spark of Alyveran's father. He finally found him upon Geasa, and with a cry of rage, disappeared in a wisp of smoke, as did Teveil with burning eyes of hatred.

The Halls of Death

In a flash, Isyldar and Teveil appeared behind Nettal, frantically whispering to him. "Nettal, this is not like you. We do not wish to harm the mortals, merely guide them to greater things that would take them far too long to do otherwise. If Belsheroth is the only one who can influence them, imagine what could happen. He's already bound everyone to his will!" said Isyldar quickly under his breath into Nettal's ear. "And it looks like Teveil and myself have already missed out on helping the others with Belsheroth, that is him on the floor, isn't it?" whispered Isyldar with a slight grin.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

17. - Top - End - #1457

The Halls of the Dead

Gwyn breathed heavily as Belsheroth went down, what one could not do, many did. She looked at the gods assembled here, then glowered.

"Belsheroth has wronged all of Creation this day."

She slammed her spear into the ground and the room around them changed, into a tribunal chamber.

"As goddess of Justice, I call on Belsheroth to stand trial before all the gods for crimes against Creation."

She looked at the others, "Are there any opposed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alter Land -1AP

Ending AP: 18

The Crone appeared next to Nettal and wordlessly set about freeing him from his bonds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, I'll wait for Elemental's word on the AP expenditure and whether he wants to have RCR or not.

Two options: I'm releasing someone from a relic not destroying it, so my instinct is -2AP

Or I can afford -4AP but in my opinion that should only be used for destroying the relic outright.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Morgash conjured spectral flames, attempting to immolate Belsheroth. His telepathic voice rang out across the room. "Belsheroth, as one created by the first to bring insight to the gods, I can safely say, mortalkind, owes you nothing!" With that Morgash stripped the chains from Nettal, wrapping them around Belsheroth's form, impaling him and nailing the chains to the floor with enormous spikes of arcane power.

"Beg for your life, Belsheroth, I may have the mercy you did not." Morgash spoke telepathically, his skeletal form become not as skeletal. Skin began to form over his charred black bones, mottled and gray, but flesh nonetheless.

Spoiler
    Show
    4 AP - 4 AP = 0 AP
    1 AP Curse - Immolate Belsheroth in spectral flames for all eternity, constantly burning away at his divine essence and physical form. His form and spirit regenerate at the same rate that the flames burn, making Belsheroth's wounds never heal.
    1 AP Bless - Free Nettal from the Chains of Death
    2 AP Curse - Trap Belsheroth in the Chains of Death

Morgash is beginning to become less evil!

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

It's a good thing some of you are smart... Nettal's mental voice winced with agony. If you can explain to me how it's an abomination against all creation I would certainly allow it to fall. However as long as its up, you and the other Deities can fight to your hearts' content and never fear that the Material Plane will be damaged by your wars.

I want explanations. On behalf of all the mortals that can't ask for them, I'm asking. Why did you, as a group, make the world the way it is? And upon seeing how poorly it turned out, why haven't you done more to fix it? Why are you allowed to trade mortal souls and mortal lives around without asking them what they want?

I don't understand. I'm a God now and I still don't understand.
    It's actually because I'm the god of psionics - the thought might not even have occurred to the others yet.

Ombra was quiet for a time after Nettal asked his questions. ... I do not know why the world was made this way, I wasn't here for it. I only know what I have done since I took my first breath... I'll start there.

I was not here when the world was made, hard as it may be for you to believe. Before the sleep of the gods, I was born in Hell by Morgash, with Isanloff as witness.[/I]

I found a world so utterly corrupt I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Imagine you found yourself in a city where parents give birth specifically to lobotomize and eat their own children - the feeling in your gut would be somewhat akin to what I found. I tried to do what I can, but to take control of mortals would be to betray what morals I had. So I created two mortal races, to work in tandem and find a way... And for a time, it worked. Slavemasters died, kingdoms fell... I'll spare you the details of Karma and the Godplague, but the end result was all of us save Merolle were infected with a disease with no known cure. Several gods died before we found one, and Merolle kept track of us as we recovered.

We- I didn't know how long we'd be asleep. It could've been millennia, it could've been a single year... but you know how THAT turned out. We awoke and... looked for our would-be assassin. We found it, and it died... and nearly took my friend with it.

As for the mortal plane... The Blur and the Shadows had turned on one another, the world had fallen into chaos and... so much evil, so much pain... I have tried to aid the Shadows and reconcile with the Blur, but I didn't do more because I couldn't. Not without FORCING mortals... and I must not do that, Nettal. I must never do that.

I'm afraid I would enjoy it too much.

As to your questions on lives and souls... I don't have that right. Belsheroth did once, and I know not why he thinks himself above the souls he collects. I personally use reincarnation for the four races I've created - a mortal may not get to decide where he goes, but he goes to a new free life almost immediately.

Belsheroth is a cruel and angry god, Nettal - he is enraged very easily. If I had to guess, I'd say he comitted mass atrocities because of something another god did, not because the mortals in question deserved it. Ombra practically spat that out, as if it left a bad taste in his mouth.

It's... Okay, abomination is my personal opinion (it feels like you're trying to become king of the gods, trust me, you don't want to lead this group of uber-children) but when compared to your stated goal it... well, it makes no sense. You want us to do MORE to help the world, so you place a barrier that makes it harder for us to do ANYTHING to the world? Specifically one that's so easily circumvented?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Halls of the Dead

Gwyn breathed heavily as Belsheroth went down, what one could not do, many did. She looked at the gods assembled here, then glowered.

"Belsheroth has wronged all of Creation this day."

She slammed her spear into the ground and the room around them changed, into a tribunal chamber.

"As goddess of Justice, I call on Belsheroth to stand trial before all the gods for crimes against Creation."

She looked at the others, "Are there any opposed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alter Land -1AP

Ending AP: 18

The Crone appeared next to Nettal and wordlessly set about freeing him from his bonds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, I'll wait for Elemental's word on the AP expenditure and whether he wants to have RCR or not.

Two options: I'm releasing someone from a relic not destroying it, so my instinct is -2AP

Or I can afford -4AP but in my opinion that should only be used for destroying the relic outright.
    I do not oppose but would like to express dissent on the basis that a trial is a waste of time, considering we already know he did it.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-03 at 12:09 AM.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Isyldar glanced at Gwyn and nodded in assent. "I shall participate in this if you shall allow me to, Madam Gwyn" said Isyldar, bowing his head in respect. "I wanted to see him burn for his crimes, but then, Morgash beat me to it, it seems" said Isyldar with a giggle. He then erupted into laughter, rolling around on the floor because of the extent of the hilarity of it.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-03 at 12:12 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    It's actually because I'm the god of psionics - the thought might not even have occurred to the others yet.

Ombra was quiet for a time after Nettal asked his questions. ... I do not know why the world was made this way, I wasn't here for it. I only know what I have done since I took my first breath... I'll start there.

I was not here when the world was made, hard as it may be for you to believe. Before the sleep of the gods, I was born in Hell by Morgash, with Isanloff as witness.[/I]

I found a world so utterly corrupt I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Imagine you found yourself in a city where parents give birth specifically to lobotomize and eat their own children - the feeling in your gut would be somewhat akin to what I found. I tried to do what I can, but to take control of mortals would be to betray what morals I had. So I created two mortal races, to work in tandem and find a way... And for a time, it worked. Slavemasters died, kingdoms fell... I'll spare you the details of Karma and the Godplague, but the end result was all of us save Merolle were infected with a disease with no known cure. Several gods died before we found one, and Merolle kept track of us as we recovered.

We- I didn't know how long we'd be asleep. It could've been millennia, it could've been a single year... but you know how THAT turned out. We awoke and... looked for our would-be assassin. We found it, and it died... and nearly took my friend with it.

As for the mortal plane... The Blur and the Shadows had turned on one another, the world had fallen into chaos and... so much evil, so much pain... I have tried to aid the Shadows and reconcile with the Blur, but I didn't do more because I couldn't. Not without FORCING mortals... and I must not do that, Nettal. I must never do that.

I'm afraid I would enjoy it too much.

As to your questions on lives and souls... I don't have that right. Belsheroth did once, and I know not why he thinks himself above the souls he collects. I personally use reincarnation for the four races I've created - a mortal may not get to decide where he goes, but he goes to a new free life almost immediately.

Belsheroth is a cruel and angry god, Nettal - he is enraged very easily. If I had to guess, I'd say he comitted mass atrocities because of something another god did, not because the mortals in question deserved it. Ombra practically spat that out, as if it left a bad taste in his mouth.

It's... Okay, abomination is my personal opinion (it feels like you're trying to become king of the gods, trust me, you don't want to lead this group of uber-children) but when compared to your stated goal it... well, it makes no sense. You want us to do MORE to help the world, so you place a barrier that makes it harder for us to do ANYTHING to the world? Specifically one that's so easily circumvented?

There was a silence between the two gods for a while, although it could have been a mere moment.
    Who wants to aid mortals? Who wants to rule them? Who respects them? Who sees them as tools? These are questions I don't know the answer to. I needed to know which gods were truly worthy of the title. So I divided you, I am amazed at the ease with which that was accomplished.

While you fight, the mortal world is protected. Those of you who truly care for your flock will abandon the fight and seek a way to restore the world to its previous state, so that you can continue to guide your followers. But so too will the tyrants. But they will see raw power as the tool to achieve their ends, so the barrier had to be strong.

I sought a god of compassion, wisdom and concern. One who would bow their head to an enemy if it meant the freedom to act in the aid of mortal kind.

The gods will fight their wars, and no mortal will come to harm because of it. The wise will learn the folly of their ways and, hopefully, change them. If the gods can change... the world can change.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

The Halls of Death

His rage somewhat sedated, Morgash composed himself, his robes ablaze with spectral flame. Though the fires were not burning them away, but restoring them, slowly. It was almost unnoticeable even to the gods. "My apologies for immolating and chaining him, but he's too dangerous to hold trial without precautions. Other than this, I am content to hold trial, though as my son stated, we already know what he did. All that is to be decided is the punishment."

23. - Top - End - #1463

The Crone nodded to an unheard comment and sat at the edge of the gathering.

Gwyn frowned at Morgash's preemptive measures, but she couldn't help but agree with the logic, "Agreed and one need not ask my permission. All gods are welcome to participate."

"Though several things happened that could stand clarification, at least for my sake. Nettal, you erected a barrier between us and the material plane, I do not begrudge it, though others may. But for the moment, can you give us an accurate account of what transpired after he took you from the mortal plane up until he sought to end life and death?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-10-03 at 12:33 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Crone nodded and sat at the edge of the gathering.

Gwyn frowned, "Agreed and one need not ask my permission. All gods may participate."

"Though several things happened that could stand clarification, at least for my sake. Nettal, you erected a barrier between us and the material plane, I do not begrudge it, though others may. But for the moment, can you give us an accurate account of what transpired after he took you from the mortal plane up until he sought to end life and death?"
    I can try, Gwyn. But you'll all have to deal with my less than exceptional skills at telepathy. Belsheroth ate my voice.

In the bound god's mind, Nettal's thoughts screamed.
    I HOPE YOU GET INDIGESTION!

25. - Top - End - #1465

I can try, Gwyn. But you'll all have to deal with my less than exceptional skills at telepathy. Belsheroth ate my voice.

In the bound god's mind, Nettal's thoughts screamed.
    I HOPE YOU GET INDIGESTION!
    Gwyn nodded, "Take your time, afterwards we will do what we can to return your voice to you."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

The Halls of Death

The fox head turned to look at the ascended mortal with sadness in its eyes.

Part of me wishes to explain how any of this might begin to be justified. Unfortunately that secret is my burden to bear, the crux of my existence. To ensure that the question can always be asked, and that no one can ever prove the answer.

Turning to the assembled gods of vengeance the Fool changed shape to that of a raven kind; perhaps to mock the god of death, or perhaps out of respect for what he once was. Truthfully it was because feathers were in this eon. His image, and his alone appeared in the blackness of Belsheroth's vision, such was the gift of the first illusionist. His voice piercing in the vacancy of all other sound to question the god trapped between suffering and madness.

"Have you anything to say for yourself little brother?"
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-10-03 at 12:57 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Nettal stretched his limbs as he spoke to the other gods. He related the events that had transpired in the Hall of the Dead, from his arrival and binding, to the creation of the seal and Belsheroth's descent into foam flecked madness. Nettal explained how he feared that the gods did not care for mortals, that they treated their creations and their immortal souls and their freedom with little value and less concern. He echoed the conversation he had with Ombra as well.

...The existence of a Godly war would be dangerous beyond reckoning to mortal kind, so I decided to start the war early, while I was still flush with power and could protect the Material Plane from the effects of Divine Wrath.

I did not know which gods could be entrusted with the world. I did not know who was worthy to be called a God. My questions were and are unanswered, and so I used my seal as a test.

The gods that did not care for the Mortal World would do nothing to break the seal. Those that sought to rule with force would most likely turn to force to overcome the Seal, as Belsheroth did. But those gods that were willing to bow to an enemy, to surrender themselves on the chance that mercy was still possible, those were the gods I wanted to find. Those were the gods that deserved to rule.

It all fell apart a bit towards the end there, though. I accept any punishment you deem fit. But I acted to protect mortal kind as I saw best.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

On Trial For His Life - Metaphorically

Unconscious though he was, Belsheroth still felt the spikes of arcane energy impale him and the fire and the cold envelope him. All overlaid with fires that prevented him from healing.
    But he heard Nettal's continued insults and mockeries and sat up, pulling on the chains and the spikes until it was actually physically possible for him to do so.
    "Quite impossible Nettal. But do not worry. Your voice will likely grow back of its own accord eventually. In the meantime, try telekinetically moving the air to produce sound waves."
    He looked around, unable to hear anything. His charred blindfold fell away revealing eyes that appeared to have been stabbed with needles such that a film of blood blocked the pupils.
    "Hush Brother. Nettal is speaking. And by the sounds of it, I'm on trial. Well... This will be interesting without the ability to hear or see anything.
    "And where did my blindfold go?"
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

"If you wish I can render the scene for you, but perhaps that might spoil your fun." The Fool said, speaking only to the god of death.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ettin in the Playground

Belsheroth responded to Reisen, speaking to him only.
    "You and I both know that that's not going to happen. I'd merely use it as a basis to declare the results of the trial void as I had no way to experience them save through you. And you're not the most stable individual.
    "A trait we both seem to share as of recent events."

Dragons!