New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

[Two Half-Dragons at the Door]

The troll looks thoughtfully at Harnel, perhaps in the same way as he's looking at him. Then his expression breaks into a grin. "'aight, I see what game you're playing. 'e watching you." He points at Harnel and then starts to walk away, only to turn back as he's some distance away to make this gesture.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

[Two Half-Dragons at the Door]

"Uh huh," Harnel says, "We'll see about that," He waits for the larger half-dragon to leave entirely before he heads upstairs, to check on that little golden creature.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #723

[One Half-cat at the Door]

As he goes upstairs Cessie comes across the knife carrying Kirin. "What in the void was all that about? I heard screaming."

[One half-dragon in a lab]

The golden pyramid creature is still there, it doesn't seem to have moved an inch. "I listened in, thank you so much!" It exclaims, looking ready to hug the half-dragon.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

[Half-Dragon at the Lab]

"So, explain the situation. In full." Harnel says simply, "I want to know what I'm dealing with; I've seen people get killed because secrets were kept from them, and I'm not allowing that to happen now."

5. - Top - End - #725
    Dwarf in the Playground

One Half-cat at the Door

"there was some big green half-dragon thing that that was rather surly and said something about his gold flying in here. From the sound of it, though, Harnel scared him off. Oh, the screaming was because he wouldn't let me go." After a moment, Kirin looks down at her cargo. "I guess I should put these back."

6. - Top - End - #726

[Half-Dragon at the Lab]

"I will, I will, as promised I'm in your debt now after all. You saved my life there." The creature replies. "But starting from the beginning, I'm a Avaritian, a being with many powers coming from a realm far from this one. Avatarians such as myself are able to grant wealth among other things which have made us very popular among other races. This fame is however not always good, greedy creatures such as that green fellow wants to capture us to force us to produce diamonds and gold for them. It's horrible." It explains.

One Half-cat at the Door

"That's... some screaming." She observes. "Good work I suppose, I really should talk to my husband though, I just know he's involved with this somehow." He seemed to attract trouble.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

One Half-cat at the Door

"Not sure where he is."
    She listens for a bit. "I think he's upstairs... near your lab, maybe?"

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

[Half-Dragon at the Lab]

Harnel nods, "Alright then," he sighs, "Just stick around and I'll make sure the brute doesn't do anything to you, alright? This would have been a lot easier if you'd just explained from the beginning."

9. - Top - End - #729

[Half-Dragon at the Lab]

"There simply wasn't any time and I was still in shock." The creature explains. "But, I still need to repay you. Is there anything you want? Or wish for? My abilities aren't limitless, but I'm particularly good at granting wealth. Not that it looks like you need it but in my experience more is always better."

One Half-cat at the Door

"Yes, I'm going to talk with him. If there is anything at all just tell me please." Cessie replies before she goes up to look for Harnel.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Half-Dragon at the Lab]

"Every time I wish for something it ends up pear shaped, so I'm not going to right now. Do with your time as you will; I need to check on Kirin."

Harnel will start to head downstairs,and will likely run into Cessie along the way.

11. - Top - End - #731

[Half-Dragon at the Lab]

"I'm free to roam?" The creature asks, following Harnel down the stairs where he indeed will met his wife.

"What is going on dear?" She asks, not even looking at the golden creature. Lot of questions, can Harnel answer them all?

12. - Top - End - #732

Another instance of Cessie's Lab

"I can tell that later." Mia replies as she notice that Cessi has no idea of it.

She then waits a bit worried of the things coming.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"Yeah, I can't actually see it happening, but I can guess it. It's like Sherlock Holmes, I see all of this information and it just adds up to really obvious things in my head." Kirin casually pushes off of the ceiling. "Or at least they're obvious now. I never saw it before, but I know that I couldn't have seen it before. But enough of that, I want to do something! I can feel all this energy in me, I want to do something with it."

"What do you want to do Kirin? I'm not really sure how you can spend your energy yet. How far can your senses reach exactly?" Cessie asks. At least she had Mia here to help her if things went wrong.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-29 at 10:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I can tell really clear most everything in this room, but I can't get past your wards. That means that instead of simply having magically enhanced senses, the senses themselves are magical, in contrast to the result of the flesh of the apple where my senses were magically enhanced." Kirin floats back to the floor, but doesn't quite touch it. Her feet refuse to be within about an inch of it. "As for what I can do, I'm pretty sure that I can do anything, a lot like Harnel could, it just varies how much energy it takes. While Harnel, due to the magical nature of the draconic energy in him," she taps her torso about where Harnel's dragon organ is, "could naturally alter fire and heat with immense ease, I would have more trouble with that."

Kirin looks over at some of Cessie's vials and begins to examine them curiously. "Also interesting is the alteration in personality. Whereas before I lost most of my respect for authority and felt no need to pay attention to others except in self-interest, this time I've gained an urge to help others. Still lost my respect for authority, though. I'm only cooperating with you because we're friends, and I feel talkative anyway."

Oh. Okay. Nice of you to warn them, Kirin.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-12-29 at 11:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

[Half-dragon, Mage, and Avarition]

"This little creature is an Avarition, apparently sought after because they can grant wealth to whomever they make deals with. The half-dragon/troll at the entrance was chasing it when it flew in here and asked for santuary. It says it's in my debt for that, but I haven't asked for anything because, well, you know how I get with wishes," bad, bad things.

He turns to the avaration in question, "That's for Cessie here to decide. She'll likely have a lot of questions for you, and a better idea about how you can be helpful."

And then he turns back to Cessie, "How's Kirin? She isn't hurt, is she?"

16. - Top - End - #736

The sorceress blinks, looking confused at her husband. "What are you talking about dear? Not to mention who? I can't see this Avarition." She have to interrupt Harnel as he's talking to the creature.

"Right, I should probably have mentioned that I can only be seen and heard by certain people like you and that green guy. This lady doesn't seem to be among them sadly." It explains.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-30 at 06:44 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737

"I'm not firm with the fey things, but that didn't sound very ... good to me."

Her armor makes some noise, obviously MDM is afraid as well.

18. - Top - End - #738

That was actually rather helpful to the mage, but the fact Kirin had the same kind of powers as Harnel had worried her some. "That's... nice. So what do you want to do then Kirin? Perhaps we can find a nice place where you can have fun?" She suggests with a smile. "There are a lot of forests outside. But if you want to help people you could help me right here in the lab if you want." She doesn't shown any signs of fear however, she knew Kirin was a good person at heart even if she didn't have any respect for authority at the moment.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I might like to go play in the forests," Kirin says, "But at the same time there's a lot of interesting things in here." She picks up a small vial of fairy essence. "But a lot of stuff in here is interesting and dangerous. Maybe I-" She stops. She hmms. She puts down the fairy essence (carefully) and picks up one of the samples of dragon bone that Cessie has.

She fidgets with it, examining it. Her currently supernatural senses try to delve into it, figure out what it is.

"What makes dragon bone dragon bone? What makes the demon stuff go away? Is it the chemical composition? Is it the magical residue? Is it the legacy of the dragon itself?"

Maybe having a cat in a lab is a bad idea.

20. - Top - End - #740

Mia will be quiet for now. She assumes not drawing the attention is the best way to deal with things right now.

21. - Top - End - #741

"I'm not sure yet actually but I believe it might have something to do with the very concept of it. The kami. It requires further investigation however, unless you can tell right now?" The sorceress figures she might as well do the best of the situation, considering what Kirin just told them she probably wouldn't listen that closely to her. Using force would probably be a bad idea as well.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Dwarf in the Playground

"But not everything has a Kami. You say that everything does, but due to the nature of the Nexus there are a number of things from universes that don't have Kami. Do dragons from those universes count? How much wiggle room is there in the dragon concept? The question is similar in terms of chemical or mystical composition, but if it is one of those factors it has potential to be replicated."

"In short, the question is, 'is it the dragon, or do dragons just happen to carry it?'"

She is quiet for a minute.

"The bones are bones, the magic is magic, the Kami may not even exist, why would any of this effect demons? Unless... the bones are a coincidental means? It's not the bones, but the demon's essence. The bones represent something, they are somehow connected to something that the essence does not like. Or perhaps does not like the essence. That makes sense."

Uhuh. Sure. Whatever you say.

23. - Top - End - #743

"I use 'kami' as a term that I recognize." The sorceress protests. "If I would try to take account every system within the nexus, I wouldn't learn anything. There are simply too many instances interacting with each other to really understand. Therefore I use a model I'm already familiar with to understand it and then change the model as I discover new data, slowly building a bridge to a true paradigm shift once I really understand it." She argues once Kirin is quiet.

"Your theory makes sense though, that it's something within the essence rather then in the bones considering dragons seem to be from all kinds of worlds and sometimes have little in common with each other. The question is in that case, what is seen as a dragon, and what is not seen as a dragon? Harnel wasn't immune to it's effects after all." This might turn out quite interesting. Hopefully.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Dwarf in the Playground

"True. Perhaps it is not the dragon part that is significant, but some other underlying significance. Perhaps it acts as a symbol of something greater than a demon? Or of something that demons despise? I can't- oooh, liquid silver."

Kirin moves over to look at the silver, magically kept liquid. "Hey, I can think of something cool to do with this!" The silver moves up out of the container, like by some kind of telekinesis, and stays in liquid form due presumably due to Kirin using her energy to keep it that way.

25. - Top - End - #745

In the presence of the demonic essence the silver shines brightly, kept in liquid form by the eldritch energy bound into the container by the aether. Cessie looks slightly shocked as it suddenly leaps out into the air. Hopefully Kirin wasn't going to do anything dangerous.

"Eh, what exactly? It must be different then the dragon bone considering it seem to be a reaction within the silver and not the essence." The glow that is.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin scoots toward Cessie, reaching out to touch her dress. Kirin wants to modify the dress, lace it with the liquid silver in beautiful patterns. All over the dress, elegant swirls and sparkling webs of finery. The resulting dress will be a bit heavier, but not more rigid or uncomfortable; the silver will stay in liquid form even after Kirin stops messing with it.

It seems she has completely forgotten about the demon stuff.

27. - Top - End - #747

The mage attempts to back away as Kirin comes closer but isn't fast enough to avoid her. Expecting some type of transformation she is rather relived to see that the cat girl only infused her dress with silver. She is no less uncomfortable this this change though, even if she had to admit it looked pretty beautiful.

She holds herself stiff as a stick as her clothes hang down a bit further, looking as if they had been splashed with water. "How...how do you make it stay like this?" Cessie finally asks. Hopefully this was going to be the worse of it. It had been less embarrassing if Mia hadn't been here. She was supposed to have control over her own experiments after all.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You managed to do it; I just replicated the effect. It took a lot of energy, but I think it was worth it. It's so beautiful!" Kirin giggles and rubs her hands together. "What should we do next?"

29. - Top - End - #749

Cessie blinks how did she... no, not time for that right now. She wasn't sure if she wanted to keep experiment in the labs or let her out. Either option was dangerous. The best option was trying to drain Kirin completely of power by using it all up though. "I don't know, what do you think is the very limit of your current powers? What do you think you can do?" She asks.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The sorceress blinks, looking confused at her husband. "What are you talking about dear? Not to mention who? I can't see this Avarition." She have to interrupt Harnel as he's talking to the creature.

"Right, I should probably have mentioned that I can only be seen and heard by certain people like you and that green guy. This lady doesn't seem to be among them sadly." It explains.
    [Half-Dragon, Mage, and Avarition]

"You could have told me that earlier," Harnel says to the little creature, before turning back to Cessie, "It says you can't see it because you're not dragonblooded."