New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

[After the meeting]

Sakura raises an eyebrow, silently wondering how the conversation had ended up with that of all things. "Well as long as you two worked it out I guess that's good." She smiles a little. "And you won't hear me complaining about there being another baby around sometime."

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Researching

"Okay."

Kirin picks one of the fruits off of the tree. "These smell nice, and they're very big..." she cuts out a slice and drops it into the cage with the rats. One rat immediately gobbles it up, snd then turns green. The now-green rat is still alive, though, so that's a plus.

Kirin picks the notebook up and glances through it to find what all Cessie did while she was away, and then goes about noting down what's going on.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Researching

Technically the rose-rat is alive too though. "So much to investigate... I wonder what the exact effects of the fruits are now." Cessie comments as she observes the now green rat before suddenly turning to the catgirl again. "Hey, Kirin. I wonder if you could turn the fruits into juice and then water one of the plants with them. Depending on the effect, that would really conserve energy."

[After the meeting]

"I was going to wait a few years." Cessie admits. "But I'm not so sure now. We'll see. Children is apparently one thing greed wants."

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]
    Researching timeline

A small person flies up to the gate of the tower, a pixie in fact. He lands on the ground, and suddenly he seems to grow upward. When he's done, he stands just under five feet tall, rather than his previous five inches.

He has a very slight build, almost fragile looking. His light brown hair is pulled back in a neat ponytail, his skin is slightly tanned, and his large eyes are a pale green. He has a large pair of wings, not unlike a butterfly's. They're a pinkish read that becomes a bright orange near the outside edges. The next moment his wings almost seem to get pulled into his back, leaving only his feathered antenna to give away his true nature. He's wearing a pair of loose fitting trousers and a white shirt with poofy sleeves. Over that is a close fitting vest. There are slits for his wings to poke out of, but their not visible at the moment, save for where there are buckles for putting them on.

With that done, the overlarge pixie will look for some way to announce his presence at the gate, and do just that.

[After the meeting]

Sakura purses her lips at the mention of 'greed'. She can't help but feel like referring to greed like it's not a part of Harnel is shifting the blame off Harnel himself.

"Well you should probably wait a while at least. I mean, you've already got Cora and Bastion. You're not like me; I have lots of time to be taking care of kids. You're a busy woman."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-24 at 10:12 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    A moment's more inspection would reveal an address on the package that was equally as blotty as the the letter had been. While it was somewhat indistinct, it could possibly be read in such a way that the Keep was it's supposed ending place. Though, with a few minutes of decryption, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make a solid guess on where the package was supposed to go. Should Harnel's and Cessie's memories of Inside be fair, the area in question was a rather pleasant area. Good for a day out if they felt like going to the trouble to return the package to it's intended destination.

A mild oddity about the box itself, though, was that it had a strangely spiced undertone to it's scent. It would probably make a nice perfume for some room or perhaps a good flavor if burnt. The thing was, though, that the wood didn't seem to be treated in any way for this to be such an emergent quality. Then again, this was the Nexus after all.
    [The Front Door]

Harnel will spend a short while looking over the note, trying to read the blotchy letters, "... I think... This is meant for somewhere in inside. I might be able to find it, if you want to see the key delivered properly. Might be a nice day out."

The box's smell does indeed catch Harnel's attention. After a little deliberation, he says, "We only need to deliver the key, really," and will break off a bit of the box. His metabolism burns things to convert them into energy; because of this, he always smells like a burnt version of the last thing he ate. Normally, he eats cedar wood for the woodsmoke smell after every meal, and that's what he was smelling like before, but now... he's eating the box. It seems he actually quite likes the taste.

Cessie, of course, can stop him, but he wants to know what this'll smell like.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #1176

[The Front Door]

"Could be some kind of trap." Cessie remarks, but she was curious too. "I mean, why send this to us?" She asks before her husband suddenly starts chewing on the box. She let's go of him and shouts. "Harnel! Stop that!" That was just rude!

[After the meeting]

"I know, if there would be anymore children while Cora and Bastion are still at this age, we would probably have to hire another servant." Cessie replies. "I don't to put much work in Kirin, she is already doing a lot of things no normal servant should do." Like acting as her assistant.

[Entrance]

If he decides to ring the bell a gargoyle will soon open the door and gives the pixie-person an odd look. It doesn't actually say anything however so he just have to guess what the winged construct wants.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Researching

"I don't know if one of these will fit into the juicer," Kirin contemplates. "We should do as much as possible in here before I take time to do that."

If the pixie does ring the bell, Kirin will look in the direction of the entrance, having just barely heard the bell.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

[The Road to the Keep]

A wolf-mounted goblin messenger can be seen approaching the keep, bearing a letter.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

[After the meeting]

Sakura giggles a little. "Yeah, she must be handy to have around. Adir still wants us to have someone to help out. I'm starting to see his side of things with the twins on the way, honestly."

[Entrance]

He did indeed ring the bell. "Um, hello there. I've heard that the councilwoman Cessie Mithar dwells here. Am I in the right place?"

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Front Door]

Harnel will move the box towards her. "Smell the wood. It's spiced for incense. Burning it is what it was built for, and the key is the package that needs to be delivered."

"I'm guessing the reason it was sent to us was because it's... really hard to make out this note. Look at that," He points out a few lines on the note, "That could be our address, but the longer I look at it, the more I'm sure this is the wrong place."

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Library
    Kari is pretty much just looking for anything that might give her an edge against dragons.
    Anything, really, that has to deal with combat, or dragons.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1182

Researching

"Guess it's best you take that Kirin. I'm not home right now though." The sorceress comments as she absentmindedly notices the catgirls reaction. "Might be easier to just get the seeds out now that you mention it. But I'm quite sure we could turn these to juice eventually. I'd like to tree outside the keep eventually though. See how many seeds we could charge it up with." This sounds like a very bad idea.

[After the meeting]

Cessie nods slowly, she still wasn't in the giggling mode, but she knew what Sakura meant. "Yes, I mean who do the cleaning and so on back in your place Sakura?"

[Entrance]

The gargoyle nods.

Yeah, that seems to be pretty much his entire reaction to that question.

[The Front Door]

"So you think it might have been sent to the wrong place? I suppose that's an idea. But that's still no cue for you to eat it dear. What we should do is go to the post office and return it. It's obviously not ours." She replies.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Front Door]

"I'll be honest Cessie, I want to keep the box. Wood is cologne for me, and we're essentially running the delivery service for someone else. We probably won't get anything out of it, and I kind of want to get something out of it." Harnel says

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Researching

"You... have you charged that tree with more than one seed?" Kirin looks at it again. That's kind of important to know.

"Cessie, you shouldn't make any plans right now. You know that you'll probably change them later, since you're not quite thinking straight right now. How about you go about expending energy so you can talk to the person out front? I'll go see who it is."

Kirin will then go and head to the door... Garn got there first. Kirin will begin running to the entrance!

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Uh, right. Is there any chance I could speak with h-" The pixie spots Kirin coming. "Oh, hello there. Perhaps you could help me. I'm looking for Mrs. Mithar. Is she around, miss...?"

[After the meeting]

"I do a lot of it, but Adir helps too of course. I try to keep it pretty clean, but sometimes Laela keeps me too busy." Sakura says.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-23 at 07:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1186

[Entrance]

The gargoyle looks in Kirin's direction and then shrugs and closes the door again. If they should knock again, he will open the door for them though.

Researching

"I guess that's probably a good idea when I think about it... I guess I would have to try it later." It was tempting to attempt that though. So much energy in a single tree, how big would it get?

[After the meeting]

"I guess I can see it. I could honestly never spend all my time with that though. But I'd want to talk about the eventual trip to your homeworld instead Sakura." Cessie says.

[The Front Door]

"You can't eat the box dear. It could be meant for something. Aren't you at least curious where that key goes?" Cessie asks.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-23 at 08:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance

"Hey! Garn!"

Kirin then goes to open the door back up.

"Sorry about that," She'll say to the man there. "Now, I'm Kirin, and I work for the Mithars. Mrs. Mithar is in the middle of something at the moment, and it might take a while. If I can get who you are and what you are here for, I can go tell her."

Research

Cessie is currently unsupervised.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-23 at 08:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Kirin will find the pixie looking rather surprised when she opens the door again. He greets her with a friendly smile. "Well that's perfectly alright, miss Kirin. My name is Xavier Covington. I had heard through the grapevine that Mrs Mithar is a mage of some repute and I was hoping for the chance to study with her. Perhaps I could leave a note?"

[After the meeting]

"I don't spend all my time with it, though it does take quite a bit of time. I still have time to do things I want to do too, though." Of course, she counts taking care of Laela among the things she enjoys doing.

"So what about the trip do you want to talk about?" She asks curiously.

19. - Top - End - #1189

Library

Kari will be able to find that swords are a very populare dragon slaying artifact. Sadly none of them seem to be very likely to find. But then she find something unusual, there is a mention of a device which was created to fight dragons created by Heratus Goliger, a long dead gnoll arcanist who is said to have hated dragons.

The sources are brief though, not even giving her any idea what the device looked like. But what is told though is that the device had some sort of magical tracker in case it ever got lost. This tracker called the arcanus caller was last seen in the hands of Heratus only living heir, Gnarl Goliger.

If she looks up his name, she will find that the gnoll now resides in the north region of riverside.

[Entrance]

Garn looks at the two, for once not looking very grumpy, just rather indifferent to what's going on. Suddenly he points in the direction of the green house, looking questiongly at Kirin.

Research

Meanwhile Cessie decides to use up the fey energy the way she did it last time. By producing more of those seeds. Once that's done she go and get a change of clothes. This dress was ruined after all.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Barbarian in the Playground

Library
    Kari does indeed follow up on the subject and finds this info.
    She wrote it down on a piece of paper and, if Cessie is still in the room, she'll look at Cessie.
    "I need to go to Riverside. Where's that?"
    Otherwise, she'll go look it up and then go pack.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance

"Yes, that seems like a good idea. I can get you a peice of paper and a pen if you want."

Kirin then looks at Garn, sees where he is pointing, and nods. "Yeah, as far as I know."

Researching

Cessie makes... a lot of seeds. Lots of 'em. She's going to have to figure out what to do with them all at some point.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Xavier looks toward where Garn is pointing, but decides not to comment on that. "Oh no, I have a pen on me somewhere." He searches through his pockets and produces a pen and scrap of paper. He doesn't write anything yet, however. "So Kirin, if you don't mind my prying, can ask how long you've been working with Mrs Mithar?"

23. - Top - End - #1193

Library

"Yes, I have been there before actually. Why? Have you found an artifact there?" Cessie asks.

Entrance

Garn nods and then walks in the direction he was pointing-

Researching

Until he meets up with his mistress. "Garn, I'm so glad that you're here. I need you to get some clothes for me alright? Just hide them in your mouth and come back to me. Pick one of the usual dresses. That new purple one, not any of the others."

The gargoyle nods and will be seen going past Xavier and Kirin again to do his job.

Once she got a change of clothes Cessie will probably join the scene.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance

"Um, it's been... wow, I guess it's been over a year now. Time sure flies..."

Man... a year? Man.

Kirin won't think of Garn walking past; he's probably doing something for Cessie.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Ah, that long? Now, you said you work for her, yes? I presume you're her assistant then? Or perhaps you're studying under her?" Xavier inquires curiously. "If so, I hope I can look forward to working with you as well."

26. - Top - End - #1196

[Entrance]

The gargoyle soon flies past them again, nothing to see here people. Though despite the gargoyle's mastery of stealth both of them can probably notice the arm of some kind of dress hanging out of his mouth.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance

"Um, I'm more of a general-purpose servant; maid duties, general help, looking after the kids, and occasional lab work. I think Cessie might appreciate a dedicated lab assistant."

Kirin doesn't really care about what Garn is doing.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Xavier's eyes are drawn to the gargoyle. He's rather distracting. "Ah, I see. You're a woman of many talents then. My sentiments still stands, in any case." He flashes her a broad smile.

"And I suppose I should write this note. I'm not usually so easily distracted." He chuckles and starts to write.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance

Kirin looks back over at the Greenhouse. Hmm... Cessie usually doesn't stay in a nonhuman form any longer than she needs to. Kirin wonders what Cessie is doing, or if Cessie can expend enough fairy energy quick enough to talk to this person... it would be weird and awkward for Cessie to get back just as Xavier walks off.

30. - Top - End - #1200

Entrance

Eventually Cessie makes an appearance, dressed in a deep purple colored dress with a gold-colored undershirt visible underneath it. "Can I help you?" She asks, Garn walking dutifully behind her with his wings tucked behind his back.