Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfist Brotherhood (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Exactly. James has shown not only his inability to lead, but his lack of compassion for the people, and for the closest thing the city has to a government. The question is, what are we going to DO about it?

TO: ???
    Spoiler
    Show

Come by the Revolutionary Office next month, we'll talk in private, and I can assure you it'll be secure.

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren

To Blackfist, Ram [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simeon appears to be speaking from an internal script, pausing on occasion to remember a phrase."I don't know if the Council was ever much of a government. " Lonecutter grins, appearing a leer on his pockmarked face. "What forces can be brought to bear against him? Who will side with him? Who can be turned? These are questions we must answer to move against him."

"My liege has some sway with the King, and believes that given some time, he could be convinced to turn on his own allies, weakening his position considerably."

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Blackfist/Wren (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Wardens were recently attacked by a member of the SGA - one of the "king"'s top allies. They might see reason and switch sides... There's also the Technists and Gears, who have until this point stayed out of most politics, but I would think they could recognize the problems that putting James in charge would cause. The SGA and nobility are going to be firmly in James' camp unless he does something to piss them off though. that leaves... The church of Neposh, the EBSA, and Vassari. I'm not sure which side they would take.

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist Meeting [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Vasari is an interesting case. He seems to try his hardest to be in every group and argue only for peaceful solutions.

The Brotherhood currently has deals with the Sausage Guild, the Chosen and the Technist's Guild. Deals that, I would think, they wouldn't jeopardize easily by moving against us when they aren't absolutely sure they could win more."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Come now, Constantine. You can't really believe that the nobility is on the moral level of gang leaders. This month, I have devoted all of my resources to rebuilding the area of the city which was ravaged in the battle in which I assisted to remove the Mages Ubiquitous; a clear threat to this city even you can't deny. If you believe that a gang leader would do the same, you are sorely mistaken.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

The Champions Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the UAL:
    "Talking in code isn't my style. If you want to join the SGA, you need to ask them, and I'll need to take a proper look at your finances."

((They have the 'Dirty Dealings' Negative trait))

To House Laurier
    "That is a good idea. If there is a crisis, I'll call a vote by the three houses. If two of the houses vote in favour, I'll assume emergency powers. They'll be a re-vote every three months as to whether the emergency powers should continue."

"Something I should explicitly not be able to do with the emergency powers is alter any of the three houses. Otherwise I'd be able to control the re-vote, and maintain emergency powers indefinitely."

On the Exchange and Taxes
    "I can see how that would be detrimental to the cities economy. Since you've brought it up, and it seems no-one else has anything to raise at this time, let's change the topic to taxes."

"It does appear a 10% rate is too high for most people to pay. Two options would be to lower the rate, or to change the rate, and base it only on a factions wealth.

"The second would place a higher burden on wealthy factions, but insure all factions have enough income to pay the tax assigned to them. The higher burden would be rewarded with a place on the House of Merchants"

To the Ram Revolution [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You're seriously co-operating with the Blackfist Brotherhood? We both know how much of a threat their policies are to the city. Their co-operation with gangs has cost the city far too many innocent lives."

"I am willing to compromise my position. I've already agreed to give a significant measure of power to the populace in my meeting. Are you willing to consider anything beyond full democracy?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-26 at 05:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327

Blackfist Brotherhood

What gangs exactly would that be, James? The one game we helped, that committed no crimes anyone could ever prove and that only protected one neighbourhood against your allies' needless aggression?

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

To Bloodhaven [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the matter of Fat Tippest, I believe their may be room in All Gods Hallow for some additional people. My other neighbourhoods are little more than slums as it is. I look forward to the day where they can be rebuilt anew.

As for assistance with your recovery project, in recognition of your assistance to me, I will give you my aid. I will expect some share in the rewards, if that is not too much to ask, however.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Bugbear in the Playground

puppyavenger (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Hm. I already saidn 3 WEL per neighborhood to run the wires. Heat shouldn't really cost more than that--you can just use some simple coils and whatnot--but light would cost an additional 1 WEL. Also, all neighborhoods with this system installed gain the trait: Dangerous Systems.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, final question can I use Morale as well as wealth to set up the wires?

To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, if you would be willing to provide an additional two Wealth or Morale, we would be able to provide both heat and light to the homes and schools of the Pits and Rot's Borough. We must warn that the technology used to provide lighting is somewhat..volatile though, but as long as the situation is peaceful the lights should work perfectly.

To Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    We should be able to provide heating and with any luck light to the Homes and Tippest over the next month.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize, but dire problems seem to have arisen, and I will not be able to help you construct under Gleamers.
    I will get back to you on that next month when things settle.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cancel all plans of excavation under my district, I have no money to proceed. We'll get it going next turn.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

TO: Council
    Spoiler
    Show

While I will admit that not all nobles are on the level of gang leaders, there are some who think of nothing more than insuring that their "subjects" remainly properly oppressed, and there are gang leaders who care more about their lowest member than their family. All, however, share the idea that they have some sort of right to rule over everyone under them indiscriminately. They may be willing to compromise, if those under them have a big enough stick, but I have never seen a noble or a gang leader ever give up a right freely, and "King" James is the top of the nobles.

TO: Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show

I have watched this city fall under the leadership of too many who have come with ideas of their divine right to rule to allow it to fall under another. I offered you any any power you could convince the people to allow you, and you refused, opting instead to force your opinion on the people. Is it too much to ask that we allow the entire city to decide how it is to be run? I would rather have the entire city vote to make you king with no limits than have you force your 3 house ideas on them wholesale without their consent. As for my working with the Blackfists, I will direct you to a few choice quotes: "The ends justify the means", "desperate times call for desperate measures", "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", and "war makes for strange bedfellows". They may be dangerous, but so are you, and while the entire city will most likely be willing to assist in destroying their danger, few seem to realize the one you pose.

TO: Gears
    Spoiler
    Show

We can supply the extra WEL, making a total of 4 MOR and 2 WEL.

TO: Blackfist meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

So it appears to be just the three of us that we can count on. We have no chance at a direct fight, but we 3 make some of the top espionage rings in the city, and all three of us should be used to waging underground wars. How are we to deal with ensuring our city doesn't fall under the rule of James I?

TO: Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

It has recently occurred to me that despite our close boarders, and recent co-operations, I have realized that I'm not entirely sure what your political views are. It's obvious that you are not democratic, and you oppose James, and you seem more sane than the blackfists - what does that leave for you to prefer?

-the Ram

Go Tigers!

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why do you insist on a vote? Why must we form the city that is most fashionable, rather than that which is best for the citizens?"

"I'm asking for your assistance. Together we could form a great city, a free, equal and just society. I am freely offering democratic power to the people. Is that not exactly what you have struggled for all this time?"

"Instead you would fight us, for the option to put the matter to a vote? You would put hundreds of lives on the balance, so that popular trends could determine how the city is ruled, when we could be setting things right, right now?"

"It is madness"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-28 at 06:33 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1334

Blackfist Meeting [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

"James is not an effective ruler. I think that much we can agree on. He has no charisma, he changes his policies too often, depending on who he is speaking to. He is promising the heavens to potential allies, while having sold them already to other allies.
    It will be impossible to keep all his potential supporters while he does this. However, our problem is that, compared to him, many still think we are unreasonable, dangerous and criminal. Which, I will admit, the Blackfist often is.
    However, as long as it seems that there is only one choice the nobles and guilds have, between an angry mob of peasants and a weak king they can manipulate, there is only one direction this can go.
    Gentlemen, we need three things. For us to work on our image, together, for James to lose as many allies as possible, and a third alternative to divide the support of the nobles.
    The first we are already working on. We are improving live in our districts for the workers, we are getting in refugees, building them houses, getting them access to medicine, food and electricity
    The other two steps will be more difficult."

To James:
    "Yes James. It is indeed mad of us not to listen to you. If only we had seen the light earlier.
    Of course. We should build a democracy, as you say. Just as long as the people don't actually have too much of a say in it and their opinions can not change policy. That would be a perfect democracy."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-10-28 at 07:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

The Ram [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A simple question, but with a complex answer. I will simply say I want what is best for the people, and believe a government should be swift and decisive, not lumbering and pandering to the peoples opinion, or swayed by the smell of money.

As for your claims that I oppose King James, I do not understand. James is a personal friend, and I would be obliged if you cease from making such claims.

The Wren

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfist Meeting (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show

We can do little to make James lose allies, though thankfully, I see him doing that to himself soon - The Revolution was for a short time allied with him, after all. Dividing the nobles may be the truly difficult part - While few noble houses like each other, they dislike us much more.

Champions of Sovereignty:
    Spoiler
    Show

You offer a democracy run by the nobles, and those who have the money to bribe their way into your "house of merchants". How is that a government of the people, when the vast majority of your people are only allowed to take part in the weakest 3rd of your government? Quit trying to fool me with your illusions of democracy - You seek to create a government where the power players (nobles and merchants) are already your allies and under your thumb, and those who are desperate for a say in government, and have the most right to their city are forced to meet in a council that has little to no true power. The people should have the MOST say in the government, not simply a new way to be oppressed. You will not fool me into following you like your sheep followers by giving us the illusion we have what we want. The Revolution will have the REAL thing, preferably given by the city, but we have no problem taking it.

Wren:
    Spoiler
    Show

I apologize for saying you are against James. Let me rather say that you oppose his current policies.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

To Ram [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have made no public statement for or against his policies.

Blackfist Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lonecutter smiles. "Ah, but his allies are also the merchants, yes? I think they are loyal to coin over king. They do not want the king to have the run of the city. The King will chafe under their striving to limit his power. Conflict is not so difficult to manage, if you have friends in the right places."
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-10-29 at 06:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

The Secret Governmental Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judicially? Everything that has been discussed up to this point would not go against the charters of the city, its getting the other factions to actually accept any of the conditions which would be the true challenge.

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do protest not allowing the Revolution access to the meeting, however it was not technically illegal due to the Razor Sharpening Act of the Long Winter.

We at the EBSA are not fools, and we can see conflict brewing between the factions. Our loyalty is to the city, and the city alone. If it comes to open warfare in the streets, we will support the Council. If the Council is split into different factions we shall take a step backwards and try to keep order the best we can.

When the war is over, we will prosecute any crimes against the city or its citizens with the harshest measures.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Secret Governmental Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That's...good..."

"Mostly I wanted you here to describe how the judiciary system currently works, so I can officially confirm to everyone I would be keeping that system"

"What percentage of the city would I need to get to support this, before you would consider it legitimate? Of the major factions in the city, almost three-quarters of us are here, and seem to be willing to accept what has been proposed."

"If they can speak for the smaller factions in their territory, then we already have a clear majority of the city."

"The only dissenters are the Ram and Blackfist. The Wren, Church of Neposh, Militia of Order, and Gears chosen have not yet been approached."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-29 at 04:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

''I'm uncertain as well why Ram can't attend.''

Board of Daimot University (ESGE, Church of Neposh) [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I believe that before the Council and King James, we must secure the authority of Daimot University to administer the affairs of magic and education.''

[Did we invite anybody else as Board Members? ESBA? Militia of Order & Justice?]

Secret Government Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Make sure we aren’t missing any silverware’’, whispered Vasari, to one of the SGA clerks, noticing the looks UAL representatives were giving to the place.''

''I see no reason, why the city shouldn’t have a strong civil and military authority, but I would like to request, the in turn King James recognizes the authority of Daimont University over all things magical.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-10-29 at 05:05 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am uncertain why you would want the Ram to attend. I've spoken to them in person, and they made it obvious they were spying on the meeting, and weren't willing to even consider what I proposed."

"So far, all they've ever proposed has been only acceptable to them. I have yet to see any proof they're capable of compromising."

To the Board of Daimot University [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'd like to join the board. My finances are still quite sparse, but I'm working on it, and am keen to see the university succeed."

Secret Government Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I will recognise Daimot university as the centre for magic in the city, but I will not infringe on the right of mages to remain separate from it."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-29 at 06:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1342

Church of Neposh

Board of Diamot University (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

I believe the authority to teach should be as separate as possible from the government as possible. Otherwise the government will swoop in and stop research that may advance the city leaps and bounds, just because of popular opinion (or personal opinion depending on the government). The other issue comes that any breakthroughs could be horded by the government and not better the city as a whole.

As far as adding more factions to the board that have great magical ability, I am of the opinion that they should be able to join assuming they are able to help in the construction.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Church of Neposh [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I hear you know quite a lot about magic. I'm interested to learn more of it myself. Is there anything I might do for your organisation next month?"

- King James I
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-29 at 07:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Turn 9 Results
    February, 1033 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    Don't Worry, We Got This

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

The UAL, while still an official union organization, is know known to be controlled by outside forces, with many members moving to Stacks to work with the new offices there being built by the Mercantile's Guild. Those who remain in the Underdocks answer to either the Blackfist or the Gear's Chosen.

A grand opera is in production, being written by one Alscot Lascelles and backed by Doctor Vassari, the Mercantile's Guild, the Heladuit Court and the Silversmith's Guild.

Mercantile's Guild guards are training under the command of House Laurier troops, in exchange for rumored high-value payments.

Workshops are being rebuilt in the Gear.

Electrical wiring has been constructed in Factories South, Pits and Rot's Burrough. Reports of fires and electrocutions are being called "The mark of progress" by Chosen Designers.

OOC Note
    Spoiler
    Show

The neighborhoods named above now have the traits Light and Warmth and Dangerous Systems.

The Militia of Order and Justice, followed by the Fist of Neposh, are striking at the Empty Blood Gang in Annosus, in a move hailed as extremely welcome by locals. Meanwhile, agents of the Ram Revolution provide aid to those affected by the conflict.

Democratic philosophers with ties to the Ram Revolution are holding sway in the coffee houses of Scholar's Compass.

Thanks to a massive effort by the ESGE, with assistance from several other factions, the newly-refurbished University Daimot is just about ready to open its doors to students.

Doctors at Bloodhaven are working double time to compensate for a sudden morphine shortage, aided by volunteers sent by the Champions of Sovereignty.

Even as the neighborhood begins to settle down, riots begin to break out in Fat Tippest, but are stopped before they can really begin by Blackfist supporters.

Daisong Palace has been cleared of its decaying enchantments by a massive coalition.

Vile Sorcery Driven From Palace!
    Body of the Tyrant Desoui Found!
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a long, wide room around the back of the palace, near the very upper stories. The roof is made of glass and slopes down to the floor, lighting the set of comfortable lounge chairs and tables, which are covered in books and papers. A perusal of them could tell the reader anything they needed to know about the day in July when city politics suddenly became very interesting. Here was a ledger of expenses accurate up to halfway through the month, here was a list of crimes that still needed to be judged, and here, open in the lap of the dead woman, were the updated records of tariffs on Traitor’s Bridge. Desoui, inexplicably, had not yet begun to decompose, and appeared as if she were simply relaxing in the chair, head lolled back as though asleep. The only mark that she was not alive was the paleness of her skin, the thin trickle of dried blood snaking down her face from the neat red hole in her forehead, matching the neat little hole in the glass wall. It was here, in that little hole, that the magic of Daisong Palace first broke, when the assassin’s dart somehow breached the wards stretched across the window and surrounding the sorceress herself.

The body itself has not yet been touched, though the mages have confirmed that there is no lingering magic surrounding it. Which, however comforting, does not explain why it has not decayed: hence, the caution.

It has become known that it was a blade of Merdallan steel that slew Skeeve Redeye. As such, demand for such weapons has soared, pushing the smiths of Swordsware to their limit.

The Wardens, with permission from the Champions of Sovereignty, have set up a checkpoint on Traitor's Bridge in order to root out what they deem to be contraband headed to the warlords of the Shattered Lands. The local representative of the Verdan artificer known as MecLochire has publicly denounced the checkpoint as an impediment to commerce after several shipments of Veras weaponry intended for various warlords were turned back at the bridge.

The Wardens, with assistance from scouts loyal to King James, have mounted an expeditionary force to perform reconnaissance of the area surrounding Sav Altulas and assess any threats that may have arisen while the city has been focused on its own inner turmoil.

Warlords Fear Once Again!
    Spoiler
    Show

The news that the Wardens are venturing beyond the walls of Sav Altulas once again spreads from bandit band to warlord’s camp, traveling in the dead of night and open day, on the wind with signal fires and through hidden villages and in the mouths of captives trying to buy their lives with any information they have. The news comes swiftly to Sakel-Doge, who dismisses it as irrelevant and orders that the execution proceed; to Maximillian Greeves, who smiles his shark-toothed smile; to Cord Witchbrother, who has not smiled since his sister died; and to Agia Lonecutter, who summons soothsayers to make sense of this new omen.

These four are smart. Any agents they had near Sav Altulas are no longer there by the time Warden and Champion scouts sweep through the area. No one Jezel interrogates claims any allegiance to Witchbrother or Greeves, Lonecutter or the Black-Eyed Doge. Instead, they speak of smaller names, of Tinman and his Traitor Legion, of wild men calling themselves Fallen Stars, of the savage beasts ridden by the Stone Wolves and the burning machines built by Brother Told, of the brutal sacrifices demanded by the Upside Circle and the strange, blank-eyed hospitality of Viktor Av’Dulas’ haunted armies. They speak of the black mountain to the south and the cult of the dead god Duvan Ku resurgent there; they speak of Orn Telengrad to the north, where beastmen and orcs have constructed their mockery of civilization; they speak of the Saint of Chains and the Servant who walks the high country, carrying out the will of his unfathomable master; they speak of the empty tower where the Prophet of Hate lies bound in brass, whispering secrets to destroy the hearts of all who listen; they speak of the Kingdom of Gregoria and its headless King, fallen now to his own brutish slaves; they speak of the distant city of Burnelli and the Hand of Six who claimed the King’s Rock for their own; they speak of the Lead Prophet and the Mechanist, hunted by the Imperial Chancery far to the south; they speak of Chaostongue and the fury he brings in the night, raising armies to march to their doom; they speak of oni coming from the mountains to gather at Talidoran standing stones, and of thorn goblins demanding tributes of milk and honey, and of Grey Legion Rangers from the Empire and Heartless Men from the Protectorate and of abominations escaped from dungeons more akin to hell than any mortal plane, free at last in the wilderness. All this and more slides off the tongues of dishonest men and women hoping to convince the Wardens that they are not bandits, or if they are that they might be of more use to the order alive than dead. Treachery is in all of their hearts, as it always is in this wretched place.

Welcome back to the Shattered Lands, Warden. They have been waiting for you.

The Champions of Soverignity have disbanded part of their espionage network and their entire mage cadre to free up the funds that they were using. Said spies and mages were promptly snapped up by House Wallen and the Wardens, respectively.

The ground rumbles beneath Lomb Circle, Elfwatch and Bunkers.

An appeal from King James to businesses to come to Hopers, Resseville and Stockyards North to bring work to the laborers there has brought much business to that corner of the city.

A festival in Hopers is held on one of the few clear days this month.

The few taxes given to the Champions have been directed to rebuilding Daimot and expanding trade, though the latter had less of an impact than the former.

New markets, shops and other businesses have opened in Dogma, under the direction of Lord Wallen.

The Free Mason and Carpenter's Guild has formed out of the various construction organizations that have been at work in Dogma, and is publicly petitioning the SGA for membership. It is well-known that most members of the Guild are also members of the Lodstrom Party.

The Lodstrom Party has been seeking new adherents in Lomb Circle.

The Grand Designer of the Gear's Chosen has been seen in Downline, along with a small cadre of mages. Rumors that the Blackfist were also active in the neighborhood are unconfirmed at this time, though the new Brotherhood banners hanging across some of the streets might give some idea of their truthfulness.

The Gear's Chosen have retained the services of a Laheim trainer for their Clockwork Swords.

Mystery Man from the City of Bells!
    Assassin? Soldier? Spy?
    Spoiler
    Show

His armor is neat and sparse, metal plates sliding smoothly over boiled leather painted in subdued tones, dark maroon and brown. The only concession to color is the red sash he wears, brilliantly red, from which are hung two small golden bells, engraved with repeated designs of battle. The sash is obviously some signal of rank, but the meaning is lost on the people of Sav Altulas, who pay more attention to the gentle tinkling of the bells hung from his armor than they do to his appearance. It does not matter what rank he holds in the City of Bells; here, he is merely Laheim, and here, that is enough. The bells hanging from his sash and tied to his armor, his elbows and knees and shoulders, they are small things, and fragile, and one of the first things he mentions when presenting his qualifications as a trainer of soldiers is that in twenty-seven years of mercenary fighting not a single one has broken. Everything else is secondary, and presented in the offhand manner of someone who doesn’t think any of it really matters: the sieges broken, the princes defended from assassins, the undead barrow-kings sent back to their restless sleep, the monsters slain and caravans safely delivered and messages carried a hundred miles through enemy lines, none of that is particularly important. Egil Dagrun has never lost a bell from his armor, and that is all you really need to know.

Attempts to build upward in Factories South are hindered by the lightning towers of the Celestial Network.

A 10% tax is being enforced in Old Jack's Run by Clockwork Swords.

The Silversmith's Guild is using goblin labor to improve their shops, guard barracks and general infrastructure.

The Executive Bureaucracy has set out to prove the rule of law by arresting and trying as many criminals as they can find. Lack of access to Gatehouse Prison results in most of the sentences being fines or executions, with some prison sentences haphazardly carried out in the more heavily secured field offices.

The Church of Neposh has attempted preaching to the social clubs of Silvathrien, to little success.

High Watchman Kos of the Militia of Order and Justice has agreed to become the voice and arm of Law in the territory run by the Church of Neposh, during a ceremony where he was granted the title "Sword of Justice" and an amulet presented by Hashawk himself.

A massive party in the Dreuger Grounds ends with the Heladuits and the Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose sharing control of the neighborhood.

"Covert" agents of the Heladuit Court have been asking about the business of the Silversmith's Guild, fully dressed in the latest Court finery.

There are rumors of dead bodies turning up in the opium dens and dilapidated drug-squats of the Lower City, cheeks stained with bloody tears.

Hostilities have increased between the warlords Maximillian Greeves and Sakel-Doge after the Doge had the wife of one of Greeves' lieutenants executed. What she was doing at Sakel-Doge's court has not yet been fully explained.

The Kingdom of Gregoria, a small warlord-state consisting of a handful of villages and a castle, has seen a violent orcish uprising that ended with its King decapitated and many refugees fleeing, refugees who are just now arriving in Sav Altulas.

The 324th Legion, also known as the Stormwings, has begun training exercises near the northern border of the Illarym Empire. Reports of Soulless musketeers accompanying them are unconfirmed at this time.

The Protectorate of the Blood has allowed it to be known in the Shattered Lands that the Lord Protector has placed a bounty on an individual known as Elias DuKree. This person, as well as any accomplices he may have, is wanted dead.

The King's Own Winterborn Guard have begun live-fire exercises on the Merdallan side of Riven Pass.

Bloodhaven and Order of the Wren (ESP-D: 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notes by Bugravet Desoui on Threats to the City, current as to the day she died.

1032 DR-

The cult of the Seven Tragic Days has been broken, but I am sure the high priest’s assistant is still out there looking to bring it back. Must keep an eye on cult activity in Runner’s City in the coming months. Meanwhile, some self-proclaimed king of thieves has moved into the neighborhood formerly controlled by the Days. Thieves are better than cultists, to be sure, but I would rather not having them organized—need to remember to get T.V. to look into this Wren figure.

T.V. says someone sent a message from the city to the Craftsman’s Guild last month. I’m not worried, but I think this is the first time I’ve heard that voice panicked.

New doctor building the hospital in the Triphage has less of an interest in patched-together monstrosities formed from human parts than I expected. Should consider replacing him with someone who has more interesting extracurricular pursuits.

Something weird going on in Daimot right now. D says it isn’t him, but I don’t trust him. He’s been lying about Redress Street long enough. He’s the Standing Mage now, I suppose it comes with the territory.

Someone’s been in the tunnels again. T.V. is taking care of it.

G.N. came around again. Might need to have him killed. Man seems to think I’ll change my mind if he stirs up the warlords against me enough.

Imperials think their missing anarchist is hiding up here again. He isn’t, but of course North won’t just take my word for it. Wish I could have him removed, but Q would take that as a sign of guilt and invade. Not sure that T.V. could find the man, anyway.

Conductor says there's a counterfeiter in Dovel. Coins he showed me were perfectly legitimate. I always suspected the man was insane.

Latest king of Gregoria is a complete fool. Need to keep an eye on the orcs he’s using as labor. They may have been down in the flatlands for a few generations now, but these are still mountain orcs we’re talking about here, and there are far too many of them for me to be comfortable having the Kingdom so close by.

Bounty hunters pushed Stone Wolves back into my territory again. Hopefully Wardens will deal with them before I have to.

The Andouir is up to something. The Duke said he was an exile, but he does not act like one. This bears closer watching.

That imbecile Heladuit has been making speeches about his rightful kingship again. T.V. has agreed to let me kill him personally.

Beginning to suspect that D.O.’s deputy is a vampire, or a witch, or something. I wonder if the old man knows?

Some idiot tried getting into Longspeak again. I’m starting to seriously consider just sealing off that entire neighborhood and killing everyone inside. Maybe I should reconsider G.N.’s proposal—I’ve heard his master makes wonderful gasses. Can’t let what’s in there get out, whatever the cost might be.

General of the Dead God made another attempt to breach his prison. I could feel it even up here. It held, fortunately. Those druids knew their bindings, whatever else you might say about them.

T.V.’s been bringing me reports of Sanguine being seen to the east of the city. I’ve been throwing them out, of course. No time for Merdallan children’s rhymes.

Some kind of secret society thing going on in Hopers. T.V. will look into it.

Upside Circle has been too quiet lately. Contemplating preemptive strike.

M.E. asked for more guards until this situation with the anarchists dies down. I’ll give it another couple of weeks and then reconsider, but at the moment I think the Heartspears can handle this Black Hand, or whatever it is they’re calling themselves.

M.R. asked for funding for his damn airship fantasy again. I’ve ordered his dog killed.

Elsinier ambassador turned out to be a high priest for Blood-in-Black-Water. I’ve had him thrown in solitary at Gatehouse for the moment, and confiscated his ritual book. Need to do some research on how to execute skin-walkers.

Shadow Jester showed up in my dreams again. He is mocking me.

Nobility is starting to forget who’s in charge around here. Again. T.V. has been assembling a short list of people who I could execute without actually damaging my power base, nobles who are highly visible but won’t really be missed by their peers. Thus far he’s suggested Orthax, Duboise, Wallen, Kressling and Balathad. Or StigBalathad. I don’t think the current Lord Balathad is actually a blood relative of the family.

That Parliament building in Rot’s Burrough is almost done. Planning on personally destroying it on Tuesday. We’ll put C.R.’s head on a pike in the ruins, and that’ll be the end of that.

Greeves has built an outpost to the west. It’s not close to the city by any means, in the same way that a loaded gun is not close to your eye. I’m not entirely sure if I can afford to destroy it, though. Damn that man.

D.K. is a disgusting little man, and I am ashamed to have heard him speak.

North’s boys had a shootout in Broken Arch yesterday. Bastards leave the Empire and suddenly stop caring about collateral damage. T.V. is going to kill a few as an example to the rest, if we can get our hands on them.

Church of some godslayer is getting a lot of attention in Oldtown. Need to quash that fast. We don’t want the peasants getting any ideas about who they can and can’t kill.

T.V.’s plant in the Merc Guild says the tariff guards passed a man named Nexaddo through the gate today. Could not believe it. I didn’t think the Craftsmen actually used the assassin’s alias from that play. Found the man, had him tortured and killed of course. He claimed that someone had paid him to tell the guards a false name, but only at first: we got the truth out of him eventually. Good night, assassin. Nex Addo. Maybe next time your Guild won’t send someone who uses a name that literally translates to “Death br

The remainder of the page is blank save for a few specks of blood.

Wardens and Champions of Sovereignty (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a map that your scouts created during the previous month's excursion. Please note that this is a very small fraction of the Shattered Lands, and that the power bases of the four major warlords are not on it. Also, the map is as accurate as your scouts, so maybe don't take everything on it for gospel.

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Elias DuKree: Red hair, close cut. Reddish-brown eyes. Scar on left cheek. Possibly a scar on right leg, depending on how the wound healed--might have a limp. Wanted dead. 4 from Lord Protector.

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    4 from Doctor Vassari

Turn 10 Begins
    March, 1033 DR
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-11-01 at 01:51 AM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

TO: ???
    Spoiler
    Show

Are we still on for the meeting this month? I'm curious as to how you obtained the transcripts of the meeting between the Champions and their cronies.

TO: Gears
    Spoiler
    Show

Your captured lightnings are amazing! Could you by chance put together a manual of all the safety precautions one should take when using them however? We could pass them out in our areas, hopefully lowering the number of fires they start, and convincing others that they can use them safely. We would also be willing to provide you with copies as well, if you do not have your own presses.

Should you have the time, we would also be willing to continue our previous deal if you would expand the networks into the Imperial Third and Pisser's Kingdom.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-01 at 02:10 AM.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To House Laurier [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. The wardens and I planning to venture out into the shattered lands again, start reclaiming some of the surrounding territory for the city. I trust you. Would you like to join us?"

- King James I

To House Wallen [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. It's good to see the Lodstrom party expanding. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask me."

"The Wardens and I are planning an operation in the shattered lands, to restore some of the cities old holdings. Would you like to join us?"

- King James I

To the Heladuit Court [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. It's good to see you've secured the duergar grounds after so long fighting. Might I interest you in an operation outside the city? The entire shattered lands await, ready to be reclaimed for the city."

- King James I

To the Esoteric Society [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's good to see the university flourishing. You have my thanks."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-01 at 05:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

King James [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to request that the room with the Sorceress be sealed and guarded, until we can ascertain the situation better. The access should be as limited as possible.''

Blackfists [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I have thought the measures we used were effective to restore order. Why did the riots begun to suddenly break out? Could it have been a provocation?''

King James/Wardens [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I believe we should discuss the issues of foreign policy. On behalf of the SGA, I’m interested, if the recent mission signals a change, that we should prepare for. If perhaps you could tell us, what you’ve found out there?''

King James/ESBA [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The lack of proper prison for the criminals have long been concern for me. Perhaps we can work together to establish some place, where criminals can be rehabilitated.''

Blackfists & Gears Chosen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m concerned, hearing that your Mages were sighted in the Downline. I hope you are not attempting something as dangerous as accessing Longspeak Tower? This is something that can put entire city in peril.''

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Free Mason & Carpenters Guild

I believe we lose nothing by allowing them membership. In fact, the timing is most fortunate.

Shattered Lands

We must determine, what Wardens and King plan to accomplish. If theirs is the plan to expand territories of the City, it would mean an excellent opportunity for us to earn profit. I have a number of ideas.

Board of Education (ESGE, Neposh, Militia of Order & Justice)
    (Zelmac - can I use my MOR to post loyal men, to make this meeting private)
    [PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show

Agenda

I would like to propose, that resources of the Daimot University be split into two areas – Education and Research. The Education would be directed at teaching the students, while Research will further the magical knowledge of the Daimot. Also, we should construct a magically warded room, keyed to the Board of Education members, where we could discuss the sensitive affairs. I also believe we should construct defences for a restricted section of the Library – we wouldn’t want them stolen from us.

I’m prepared to pledge [4 MAG] to the Daimot University per month to further its objectives.

Resource Spending Proposal:
    Education: 30%
    Research: 30%
    Silent Tower: 20%
    Library Wards: Phage Section: 20%

Research Projects

I have inquired of the projects the Mages of Blackgage District wish to pursue and I believe the most worthy of interest are:

Intelligent Birds
    Zanchar Magic
    Talidor Magic
    Moon Binding
    Pocket Watch Demons

I have already advanced knowledge of Talidor Magic, specifically one related to the Adel Moidreph. I will add them to the Library, once it and its defences are finished. My personal interest lies with Intelligent Birds and advancement of Talidor Lore.

Students

I will naturally be working on attracting students to the University. Hopefully the Opera I’ve commissioned would remind people of the glories lost and inspire them to seek restoration of the Talidor’s Golden Age of Magic.
    I see two main sources of students – the wealthy nobility and students of various schools, that have been opened recently across the city. It would also be good to attract gifted from all across the Shattered Lands.

Daisong Palace

The Sorceress and her magic must be studied for the good of the city. I will petition King James to have Sorceress room sealed and guarded, until we can start untangling the mystery of what happened.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

28. - Top - End - #1348

Blackfist to Vasari [7]

Spoiler
    Show
    It was a provocation. Several of hte rich manufacturers we displaced sent agents to stir up riots. Of course, the only proof was a captured agent who was assassinated by his own side, but that is enough for us to act. We have names.

As regards downwind: the wild mages have chosen to join our cause. They would also like to warn you that they do not think that the tower can be fixed or contained any more than it currently is and that any attempt to do so would likely wipe out the entire city, at least, and likely much of the Shattered Lands.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-01 at 06:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vasari to Blackfists [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

I certainly trust you not do anything foolish

Wait, actually, isn't it what Blackfists always do? Well, nothing foolish in this regard.

I’m however concerned about Gear’s Chosen. All cultists are really crazy people and chances are good, they’ll try to attach one of their lightning rod on top of the tower or some such. I’ve already got a lot of people burned or electrocuted by their ‘’signs of progress’’. Wild Magic wiping out Runner’s City is something I would dearly wish to avoid.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-01 at 07:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Blackfist to Vasari [7]

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, don't worry about that. We have invited the Chosen to Downwind. They are helping us find more controlled applications for the destrucive power of the tower. We should be able to target individual districts within two or three months.

Jokes aside: there is nothing to worry Doctor. We told the Chosen to have a look and see if they can find a more reliable navigation method that is wild magic resistant. We won't let them get their hands on the tower proper.