New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIX: I Have Done Nothing Productive All Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Gadora! *crash-tackles*

*Hugs!*
    *is bowled over and does the swirly-eyed thing*
    *hugs back*

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    *is bowled over and does the swirly-eyed thing*
    *hugs back*
    Quick! While he's distracted! Hug him!

I'll get the rope!

Rope? I said hug. Hug

Its to keep him from leaving again, smarthorse. Don't worry, I'll use platonic knot work.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Quick! While he's distracted! Hug him!

I'll get the rope!

Rope? I said hug. Hug

Its to keep him from leaving again, smarthorse. Don't worry, I'll use platonic knot work.
    Hey, SiuiS, been meaning to ask - if you don't mind - how's the hand healing? From the sound of the ME3 thread, you're doing a fair bit of gaming, so I'm hoping you've improved at least a bit from when I last asked (when the prognosis was a bit grim.)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'm amused at the slight irony of how much energy is put into deciding about shipping for a thread with the title "I Have Done Nothing Productive All Day!" Not that there's anything wrong with the discussion. I'm just amused at how on-topic it is.

Have an approval image--
    Spoiler
    Show

P.S.: I attempted to cheat the shipping generator program by selecting stuff to try and get a Trixie ship and the thing crashed on me. And I'm here at work doing this on my shoddy work computer, so what was this about doing nothing productive?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    P.S.: I attempted to cheat the shipping generator program by selecting stuff to try and get a Trixie ship and the thing crashed on me. And I'm here at work doing this on my shoddy work computer, so what was this about doing nothing productive?
    Crashed how? And what did you do to try to trick it? At worst it should just give you nothing or something other than what you asked for. It shouldn't crash.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Hey, SiuiS, been meaning to ask - if you don't mind - how's the hand healing? From the sound of the ME3 thread, you're doing a fair bit of gaming, so I'm hoping you've improved at least a bit from when I last asked (when the prognosis was a bit grim.)
    Ah. Well. It's good for a normal person but wiggy for me.
    I've got 80+% of usability back, but that's about as good as its going to get. You don't realize how useful han strength is until it goes away and you can't do things. I'll never be able to use a long lever again, unless there's a certain level of tissue adhesion instead of just bone goop going on. The pressure on the bottom of my hand from swinging a mallet is uncomfortable, as is stopping it.

The bone seems to have turned inward a bit, too. So the muscles between the fourth an fifth bones of my palm are squished. It's distinctly uncomfortable, like wearing a glove or something that's just a bit too small; that claustrophobic feeling you get when you're taking off a shirt or jacket, and you get stuck, and no seriously this isn't funny get it off, is kind of omnipresent. I cn usually ignore it but when it's all I can focus on its a rather cerebral torture.

I also spaz out because my hands aren't symmetrical anymore. I couldn't have told you that was a thing (actually, I probably could come to think of it), but now that it's nigh irreversible it makes me grin my teeth. And the thing is, these are details I don't expect mos people o ever pay attention to. That level of body awareness is unusual, and really, really irritating. Do it's a slew of tiny issues - first world problems as they say - that I haven't a right to complain about but thr add up to minor dissatisfaction. But I have other, more pressing psychological an somatic issues to deal with. So it gets relegated to something to complain about when I'm bored

EDIT: didn't actually address the question
    It's healing well, if lopsided. I'm mostly through the bone knitting I believe, and am on to the physical therapy portion, ie using my hand. It gets achy when the weather changes though. I thought that was a myth? Here's hoping its psychosomatic.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-07-17 at 07:08 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Here are the screenshots from the 720p iTunes version. There are three frames which might be a kiss. In these screenshots, it looks like it (especially watching their expressions in the next few frames) but strictly, only their noses overlap - RD's mouth is always a few centimetres from Fluttershy.
    not to mention in those shots where they supposedly "kiss" RD has her mouth in a wide open teeth baring smile..which aint how you kiss

I found this genderbent adaption of This Day. Which is a cover, and not just a pitch shift, and modified appropriately. Rather well done, I thought. (And the Evil Laughter at the end is particularly well-executed, from the opinion of a certified expert.)
    not bad at all...though i still prefer the Victor Frost one
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Well. It's good for a normal person but wiggy for me.
    I've got 80+% of usability back, but that's about as good as its going to get. You don't realize how useful han strength is until it goes away and you can't do things. I'll never be able to use a long lever again, unless there's a certain level of tissue adhesion instead of just bone goop going on. The pressure on the bottom of my hand from swinging a mallet is uncomfortable, as is stopping it.

The bone seems to have turned inward a bit, too. So the muscles between the fourth an fifth bones of my palm are squished. It's distinctly uncomfortable, like wearing a glove or something that's just a bit too small; that claustrophobic feeling you get when you're taking off a shirt or jacket, and you get stuck, and no seriously this isn't funny get it off, is kind of omnipresent. I cn usually ignore it but when it's all I can focus on its a rather cerebral torture.

I also spaz out because my hands aren't symmetrical anymore. I couldn't have told you that was a thing (actually, I probably could come to think of it), but now that it's nigh irreversible it makes me grin my teeth. And the thing is, these are details I don't expect mos people o ever pay attention to. That level of body awareness is unusual, and really, really irritating. Do it's a slew of tiny issues - first world problems as they say - that I haven't a right to complain about but thr add up to minor dissatisfaction. But I have other, more pressing psychological an somatic issues to deal with. So it gets relegated to something to complain about when I'm bored

It's healing well, if lopsided. I'm mostly through the bone knitting I believe, and am on to the physical therapy portion, ie using my hand. It gets achy when the weather changes though. I thought that was a myth? Here's hoping its psychosomatic.
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Not as bad as it could have been (I mean 80% is at least mostly functional, right?), but very not good at all even so.

I'd offer to slice your arm off and replace it with a Pale Master style Lich replacement except I have no idea how I would actually do that in practise. (And, perhaps not overly surprisingly, the Aotrs is not big into cybernetics.)

But hey, you know, my inbox is always open if you want to vent on anything major or minor psychological-like.

I mean, talking to ME about it probably won't, y'know, actually help (from a standpoint of lesser mortals), mind, but it's the thought or something, right?

(That goes for anyony else on ponythread of course, with the same warning. 'Cos if you think pony is bad for your state of mind...)

I shall continue to hope that things continue to improve then, or at least try to bully the universe into doing what I tell it from my end, and then maybe we'll meet on the middle or something...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-17 at 08:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Or maybe they simply didn't have Julius Caesar and Oktavian August
    But there are ten other months. Four of which have names based on numbers (which have now been inaccurate for millennia...).

Speaking of which, one of these days I want to find out where the names of February through June come from. I already know about Janus, and of course Sept- through Dec-, but I've never heard anything about the derivation of the other five.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    I'd just like to throw out that I think FlutterMac is the best Fluttershy shipping.

*hides behind 8 inch thick lead wall.*
    Agreed, it just make sense.
    *takes a seat right next to Maxtronaut behind the wall*

Of the gay shipping the only one that kinda make sense is TwiPie, and you have to thank my own Pinkie & Twi for confirmation on it's viability.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    /Mage:The Awakening

The heart represents emotions. Raw feeling and maybe a bit of intuition. But it's a thing of the sleeping world, a predictable, physical thing, if a beautiful one.

The soul is supernal. It's made of higher, more pure stuff. It yearns for ascension, even though it's encased in a vesel of clay and has forgotten it's true form. The soul seeks wisdom, clarity, a chance to see beyond the Lie and to the ideals of perfection.

/end Mage
    Ahh... I can't tell you how at home do I feel being in a thread were people quotes Mage:TA wisdom... I have always been the odd one out with that game...
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Of the gay shipping the only one that kinda make sense is TwiPie, and you have to thank my own Pinkie & Twi for confirmation on it's viability.
    Lyra and Bon-Bon of course being too much of an assumed fact to even occur to people to note its viability.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Crashed how?
    After a little digging, I have found that it was my computer freaking out that crashed it. Apparently it was updating something else at the same time and... well it is my Shoddy work computer. Anyway, rebooted and its working fine.

Gave me a Trixie ship too...
    Spoiler
    Show

The next 8 ships were (I'm not kidding):

Lyra x Vinyl Scratch
    Princess Platinum x Rarity (Haha!)
    Twilight x Fleur de Lis (ooh, three-way)
    Twilight x Trixie
    Trixie x Clover the Clever (uh...)
    Trixie x Trixie
    Trixie x Twilight
    Trixie x Trixie (but...)

Okay Deadly, I give! I give!
    Make it stop! Please make it stop!!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Relevant to that, while surfing pony music yesterday for background, during my five-hour stint hollowing out that damn Jalyrkeion MBT (I'm not bitter), I found this genderbent adaption of This Day. Which is a cover, and not just a pitch shift, and modified appropriately. Rather well done, I thought. (And the Evil Laughter at the end is particularly well-executed, from the opinion of a certified expert.)
    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    not bad at all...though i still prefer the Victor Frost one
    It's definitely an interesting variant; male-Chrysalis replacing male-Cadence rather than Shining Armor. It probably makes more sense too, as otherwise you need Princess Cadence maintaining the barrier instead. I do have to agree that this version does it better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Lyra and Bon-Bon of course being too much of an assumed fact to even occur to people to note its viability.
    I don't know what you mean. Golden Harvest is clearly Lyra's PFF after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, I am being intentionally obtuse. Take it in the joking manner it is intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Found some neat humanized mane 6, except no Fluttershy yet. I like the creativeness of the tails. Twilight and Rarity are the best, IMO.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    After a little digging, I have found that it was my computer freaking out that crashed it. Apparently it was updating something else at the same time and... well it is my Shoddy work computer. Anyway, rebooted and its working fine.

Gave me a Trixie ship too...
    Spoiler
    Show

The next 8 ships were (I'm not kidding):

Lyra x Vinyl Scratch
    Princess Platinum x Rarity (Haha!)
    Twilight x Fleur de Lis (ooh, three-way)
    Twilight x Trixie
    Trixie x Clover the Clever (uh...)
    Trixie x Trixie
    Trixie x Twilight
    Trixie x Trixie (but...)

Okay Deadly, I give! I give!
    Make it stop! Please make it stop!!
    Never!

Did you do anything special to get these results?
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-07-17 at 10:34 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Found some neat humanized mane 6, except no Fluttershy yet. I like the creativeness of the tails. Twilight and Rarity are the best, IMO.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh My! Those are cute!
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

If you're at the point where they're giving you training exercises, do them religiously and as perfectly as possible. Seems stupid, but my Mom had her hand torn up by a dog when she was younger and they got her back to about 95% strength with really disciplined practice of the physical therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    not to mention in those shots where they supposedly "kiss" RD has her mouth in a wide open teeth baring smile..which aint how you kiss
    Maybe that's not how you kiss.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-17 at 10:43 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If you're at the point where they're giving you training exercises, do them religiously and as perfectly as possible. Seems stupid, but my Mom had her hand torn up by a dog when she was younger and they got her back to about 95% strength with really disciplined practice of the physical therapy.

This is usually how I kiss

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Out of all the Mane 6 ships, Flutterdash is the most likely to happen, but still.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-07-17 at 10:57 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ehh... While I'm not usually that bothered about humanised ponies, I do kinda like that Rainbow Dash, actually. She's got long hair for one, which I figure RD ought to have, since she does have long hair (kinda) as a pony.

I concur, though, the "tails" are really clever. I tip my helmet to the artist, I don't think I've seen them done that way before.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-17 at 10:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Ehh... While I'm not usually that bothered about humanised ponies, I do kinda like that Rainbow Dash, actually. She's got long hair for one, which I figure RD ought to have, since she does have long hair (kinda) as a pony.

I concur, though, the "tails" are really clever. I tip my helmet to the artist, I don't think I've seen them done that way before.
    It could be argued that what the Dash in question there has is a Mullet.
    Strangely appropriate, perhaps?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. I'll just repeat what everypony is saying. Fantastic humanised pics, those. Dash and Rarity are my faves.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-07-17 at 11:22 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

I realized that the title of this thread describe my last three weeks regarding my work... I'm getting too good at handling our company customers, too good for my own good.

Ok. No more ponies. Time to code. See you at page 40, more or less

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

there's no fluttershy one?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Oh dear Celestia, finally so close to being done writing Roots of a Heart, last chapter just needs editing now

Spoilers, kinda, I guess
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's so, so sad and yet so beautiful I think it's the most bittersweet story I've ever written. I think I was about to tear up a bit at the end myself.

I've been worrying about it, but I really think the whole thing is coming together in this last chapter. Too bad it couldn't have done so from the start, because there are some really powerful ideas in it that I'm only really grasping now

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    there's no fluttershy one?
    I'm sure it is on its way and will show up soon. The images link to the source so you can keep an eye on the artist

Indeed, it's always nice to see RD with long hair. I've always said so too

25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tumblr Questions Galore, (warning: lots):

Spoiler
    Show

That should be all of the open to answer ones.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Those are pretty neat. I don't generally approve of trying to work traits like that into the picture (they're humans not ponies!) but those tails work pretty well actually for just the shot.

Especially compared with the silly headbands thankfully left off.

27. - Top - End - #117

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    In other news, I just made a FIM account. I dont realy know why. But I did. So...do I ask you to watch me or something?
    IT SHALL BE DONE.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    ....Caeser Salad and August Wind?

In other news, I just made a FIM account. I dont realy know why. But I did. So...do I ask you to watch me or something?
    I'd be happy to watch you, just as soon as I can figure out how to do that.

I'm very new to fimfiction.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

I like the creativeness of the tails. Twilight and Rarity are the best, IMO.
    Yes, the "tails" are quite creative. I love AJ's pic best with the way her tail is drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    Never!
    Did you do anything special to get these results?
    Nope, just kept pushing the button and noting the results in quick succession. Just lucked out I guess.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #120

Spoiler
    Show
    *drools*

Umm...

That one's the best.

*hides*
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.