New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Light of Amber - Series One

"Heh, armour's a bit unnecessary isn't it? Certainly with these foes" Umiko asks tauntingly verbally butting heads with Makoto, a clear challenge being ushered. "I'm wearing street clothes and I just beat my one to death with my bare hands. I'd ask you where you got that lance of yours, but I don't want ya thinking I'm at all envious. I won't say that cowards wield weapons, but it takes a special kind of idiot to wield something they can barely control, as you clearly can't. You might as well have just set yourself on fire and hugged the thing for all the self-preservation YOU have."

Rule number 1 of being a Cliffcrush: treat every encounter, even social, like a battle. Against any opponent, never bow until beaten and never lay off until receiving a surrender.

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: Umiko's trying to assert herself in front of new people. By being mean and effectively calling Makoto weak, she's taking her measure. If she rises with equal or greater aggression, well... you'll just have to find out.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Temeka finally looks up at the group from where she'd gone to her knees next to the purring Chisaki, a wand in hand that was fixing some of the damage the mechanical cat had taken. She focuses on the pointing Makoto. "While I probably wouldn't mind trying to design one for you I don't think we have the months it takes just to make the power crystal, much less the armor." She glances down at her form. Disbelief evident in her eyes. "That said most of this isn't even of my own doing... Whoever brought me here managed to finish the construction I'd been laboring over for two years and that's just the tip of the iceburg. For crying out loud Chisaki wasn't even a quarter of this size!" The cat looks back at Temeka as if to say so what before she gets up and stalks to the side. Evidently wary of whatever it was that was approaching.

As Temeka stands as well the transparent visor of her helmet slides open, allowing her to reach up and pinch the bridge of her nose. "I can't help but think my suit was leverage to get me here though I'm still not sure whether I'm pleased or irritated. Probably both." Glaring at the Silver Pentacles she continues. "I'm very much so for a full explanation but it'll probably have to wait till we're away from here." Curiously the voice, Callisto, doesn't chime in but Temeka gets the feeling that the entities attention is directed elsewhere.

Temeka's gaze switches to Umiko. "Funny. I'd say almost the same thing about people who rush in unarmed and unarmored against a completely unknown foe."

Armor Description
    Spoiler
    Show
    Think of it similar to Yukine Chris from Senki Zesshou Symphogear when in Symphogear mode except minus the massive guns (for now), and more heavily armored kinda along these lines. Essentially arms/hands are fully enclosed with a revolver drums on the forearms, legs are mostly enclosed, and the armor extends around her chest and upper back. There is a fist sized crystal embedded in the middle of the breastplate.

Wand
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wand of Repair Light Damage attempts, looking at getting one repair but multiple attempts in case of failure.
    Use Magic Device
    (1d20+11)[28]
    (1d20+11)[22]
    (1d20+11)[23]
    (1d20+11)[27]
    And the repair for whichever one works
    (1d8+1)[4]
    Last edited by userpay; 2012-07-21 at 07:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Neverwhere before her falls defeated, and she hears the others remaining silenced, Daina pauses a moment, allowing the music from her turntables to fall silent as she stops to simply appreciate the sound of the world without the Nerverwhere around.
    She's called out of her reverie when the sound of voices, angry ones, reach her from across the battlefield, followed by a wave of healing energy.
    That seems to be the direction I heard the girls from before get knocked toward.
    Carefully, Daina approaches, checking to make sure her sunglasses are still properly in place after the fight. Listening to the conversation as she makes her way over, Daina thinks on what she hears.
    So, it seems not everyone was given a choice when they were called here... Still where is here, is it really another world?
    At last Daina reaches the others. She pauses a moment, debating whether or not to play something, if she want's to expose her lack of voice to these strangers without need. They seem to be asking most of the important questions after all. Eventually, the choice to communicate won out.
    It's not like I would be able to hide it for long anyway.
    ♪Let me intruduce myself♫You can call me♫Daina♫Who are you♪
    As she asks, Daina finds knowledge of how to record their names with her turntables coming to her.
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"Eeeh?" Umiko turns on the mecha-girl with a stomp of her foot, cracking the pavement as she does so. "Hey, I KNOW how to use my body to fight," as a point, she crashed her foot into the ground again, drilling about 5 inches through the concrete, " - and what would I need of armour? I'd fight weaklings like that in the nude if need be. And you know what, that's some mighty big talk coming from someone tha-" The sudden musical chime throughs Umiko off somewhat, though she seems happy to see Daina. "Heh, cool. Make yourself useful and drop me a beat, and I'll let everyone know jsut who I am. I need to school someone here, you see!"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-07-21 at 07:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Temeka rolls her eyes at Umiko's brash display, though she can't help but wonder how the girl manages to do it without any obvious augments. A moment later she gets a startled look on her face before a streak of silver soars through the air from the side at Umiko.

(assuming no issues/no ability to aoo while flat footed)

After a rather loud thump said streak of silver resolves itself into the form of Chisaki, grinning as only a cat can from her seat atop Umiko.

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    So remember when Chisaki stalked off to the side? While I hadn't thought of this when I did it it would fit the mischievous cat to a T.

If you want to turn this situation into rolling...
    Stealth (1d20+8)[13]
    Grapple (1d20+19)[22]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

"AH! Get off me you mangy cat, I don't like being grabbed!" Umiko shouts in the things face - quite casual about the fangs and claws, but struggling to free herself from its grip. "You know I was just getting to the part where you're a weakling for letting this thing do all your work for you!" She casually socks it in the mouth, and odd sign of acknowledgement between the mecha cat and the animal Umiko seems to behave like.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually I do have an ability to AOO while flatfooted, but I'm withholding it because I'm not a big fan of rolls between players.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-07-21 at 08:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Temeka can't help but double over laughing at the antics of her companion. Relieved that despite her change in size it was the same old Chisaki. And then something else altogether happens.

"You clearly not know much of cats if you think Temeka had anything to do with this. This fun!" Temeka's eyes bulge as Chisaki follows up her statement with a casual lick to Umiko's face.

"Sh-she c-can talk now..." Temeka gives an exaggerated groan. "One would think this wouldn't even phase me after all this that's happened..." Chisaki merely stretches in response before clambering off Umiko with a flick of her tail. A look of bemusement about her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay good I was kinda worried for a moment there since I was railroading your character. It was just to good of an opportunity to pass up.
    Last edited by userpay; 2012-07-21 at 08:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, throw down a beat? Now this was something Daina could do. As she prepares, she realizes she can optimize her turntables to work even better for playing music at the loss of some combat effectiveness. In a moment the adjustments are made, and ignoring the large cat leaping at the girl who requested the beat, Daina starts.

Actions OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free actions to dismiss and re-manifest the turntables trading the thundering for Augment skill bonus (Perform (Disc Jockey)) to gain a +5 to perform disc jockey checks (I assume the level mentioned in thee augment is manifestor level rather than character level). Daina then makes a perform (Disc Jockey) check to play something akin to this (if allowed, trying to grant a bonus to perform (freestyle) checks rather than perform (dance)).

Perform (Disc Jockey): (1d20+25)[39]
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if you're afraid of railroading my character, can we say it just kind of regularly grappled with say with some odd robo-hug rather than instantly pinning me? I'm pretty sure th latter is impossible anyway

And now I've lost my sense of flow with that stupid cat. It isn't even a cat! It's a human-thing, 'cause it can speak! It's a perversion of catdom - the domain of scratching the hell out of things. It come near me again, I'm breaking its throat, I'm serious... Then the beat starts playing. Ooh, I have an audience. Cat or no cat, I can hardly disappont my adoring public. She shakes herself, clearing her throat. "Ahem..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna go pass out now. Rap in the morning. Expect it to either be offensive, intentionally bad, or awesome.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

A smile tugs at the edges of Amiya's mouth for a moment, as she watches the verbal sparring. But it flattens quickly as her gaze moves back to the shaking Mica.

"As much as this would be a good thing in any other situation, I am afraid that here it is not." She rises to her feet, the rose light around her hand fading into the stone of her ring, and turns to Makoto.

"The things that you just fought are not nearly the worst of our enemy's creatures. And the destruction of those meant to kill us has drawn the attention of those far more powerful." She smiles tightly, almost sadly. "And I am afraid that if you do not fight with us, we most assuredly shall fall.

"As for defences like your companions, focus on the idea of protection. Or simply ask your Device. Either should trigger the creation of armour of your own.

"I am sorry, I know this is not enough. But even if it does not feel like it, this is a fight that all Gifted must fight. For if we fail, then everything you know and love falls." Her attention flicks to Umiko.

"The one who called you here is all around you, hey'shala. Amber brought you to herself." She manages a smile, an almost peaceful one. "This world is Amber. As for your other questions, I-"

"Amiya!" The green-eyed woman spins towards the call coming from her Pentacle. "They...they broke the..." Mica whispers, the swirling patterns fading from her eyes, shoulders drooping - then straightening in something approaching sudden realisation. "Shield!" She screams, as bolts of malevolent darkness erupt from one side of the square.

Protection

The command rings in your hears, three different devices chorusing it as one. Blazing patterns wrought of silver, aquamarine and violet flower into being around the targets of the blasts - the four clustered members of Amiya's Pentacle. Their impacts send dust whirling, but when it clears the four are still standing.

But you are no longer alone. And the blasts concealed the Neverwere's advance.

Four stand upon rooftops, the ribbons of shadowstuff leaking away from their hands marking them as the ones who unleashed the shadow-bolts. Umbral wings spread behind them, and they scream in fury as they see their failure.

Spoiler
    Show

Then their wings sweep out to full extension, and they launch themselves upwards, fresh patterns of darkness whirling around their hands as they prepare to fire once more.

Amiya yells, command cracking through her tone. "I am sorry, but I must leave the ground-bound to you. We are better in the air, blocking the Wingwraiths." She concentrates for a moment, magenta light rippling around her, then leaps. "Silvers, with me!"

She shoots upwards, her own companions nodding in regretful acceptance before following. Their weapons rise in flight, light building around the hands of those without.

But they do not hold your attention. For something far more pressing moves forward out of the shattered remains of what was once a coffee shop. It scuttles forward on its long legs, spreading massive arms wide and something utterly inhuman glints behind the shadow where its eyes would be.

It looms over you, towering to twice your height, and somewhere deep inside you feel that it is somehow smiling. And not a nice smile. This one does not scream or rage, but a booming, malevolent chuckle - if that is even the right word for it - echoes out from it.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those who didn't now know how to summon their costume. The creature is on the other side of the square from you and seems to be...waiting.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-07-22 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

Music
    Fond memories of the Aerial Mages of home fill Cymorils mind as the Silvers take to the air.

Okay, i can do this. I was always the best at magical theory, not that it did me any good - but now it might. And i have seen more than enough demonstrations by Vivio. I know all about Intelligent Devices. I can do this!
    She snaps into a shooting stance and directs the tip of her device straight at the dark monstrosity. A loud triumphant shout rings trough the air
    "Sturmbringer - DIVINE BUSTER!"

Nothing happens. Cymoril is puzzled, then tries again:
    "Alright, Divine Shooter" Again, nothing happens.
    "Damn...Shoot!"
    "Feuer!? Angriff? Trommelfeuer?"
    After a few rapidly shouted commands, she moves the device back into guard position.

Damn it, i don't know what sort of device i even have. And i have never done any magic on my own. Come on, think. Just think, think think...okay, if i don't know then i have to ask. Sturmbringer is clearly intelligent, and it's the only option i have right now. I just have to respect it - somehow, because i'm still pissed off. But everyone always told us to do that with intelligent devices...alright
    "Sturmbringer - can you hear me?"
    Ja, Herrin.
    "Okay, um...good. Listen, i am really angry at whoever brought me here, and i know you had something to do with that. I think you had a good reason, but i don't care - all i want is to go home. If you can promise me to help me with that, i will help you achieve your goal - can you do that for me?"
    Jawohl Herrin! Kontrakt besiegelt. Blut und Seelen für meine Herrin Cymoril!
    Blood and Souls? Oh, right, ancient Belkan device..
    "Yeah, i don't want those - i just want to go home. But thanks, Sturmbringer - lets do this together! Now then, what can you do for me?"

An avalanche of pictures, sounds and emotions hits her mind. But the techniques she has always used to sort knowledge in her mind works, and she even remains vaguely aware of her surroundings.
    Wow...that's a lot of knowledge. Okay Sturmbringer, lets see what you can do for me right now...
    Vaguely aware that the others are already moving into position, she still has to sift trough her newfound options.
    Yes! Now THAT i can do!

With a smirk on her lips, she orders "Sturmbringer - Cartridge Load! Sturmschnitterform!"
    Jawohl Herrin! EXPLOSION!
    Brilliant lightning explodes from her blade, and she grins as she storms into combat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Translations: "Yes Mistress. Contract sealed(signed?) Blood and souls for my Lady Cymoril!" (kudos if you get the reference)

Okay, so i totally botched my Initiative - thus, a long introspection, which explains why i act so late.

Actions: Cartridge boost as a swift action for +2, which i use for Shocking and Keen Upgrades.
    So, um - can i move to the front of the group and ready an attack action? That'd be nice, though it may count as a "offensive action".

rolls
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-22 at 08:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

With the arrival of the new foe, Daina cuts off the music she'd started playing. There would be time for that later, after this was dealt with. Readjusting her devices back to the previous combat oriented forms, she pauses a moment to recall what the girl had said.
    focus on the idea of protection.
    Trying to do so, Daina felt her body garbed in a more durable material, though she couldn't tell if it looked any different. This done she turned to face the direction that seemed to hold the other girls' attention, hoping her guess that this was where the enemy waited was correct.

Actions OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free actions to change the devices back to having the thundering property. Full round action to activate costume.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

"Temeka front and center." Callisto warning comes an instant before the huge enemy announces itself, drawing Temeka from watching the Silver's take off.
    "Umm.... Right uh anything to prep for this?"
    "I can release self guiding projectiles that wi-"
    "Good enough, do it."
    "Very well. Initializing procedure Homing Shot, holding." Temeka's armored skirt flares briefly and several pieces seem to shoot off. Each one made of light, angular, and seemingly razor sharp. After a moment one fades away though two remain orbiting.
    "Right! Chisaki up front, lets show this thing what we can do!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Homing Shots and holding the charge. Temeka will move to be about 10-15 ft behind the front lines and Chisaki will move to the frontline though off the side somewhat, starting a semicircle.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Umiko cracks her knucles, striking a stance as she ponders how best to tackle her new foe. It waits for them, an odd gesture that the battle ready girl can't quite rap her head around. Heh, armour, eh? I think I can handle this without it, but that thing IS fairly large... A small internal struggle breajks out as she considers her options - not wanting to seem like a hypocrite in front of the people she just accused of being weaklings for needed armour, but then again... why is she even wandering what these guys think of her? She just hoped whatever she ended up with wasn't embarrassingly protective...

"Now, ah, how do I do that again...?" she mumbles. Shaking herself, not wanting to keep her opponent waiting any longer, she envisions being slashed by those claws - or whatever they are. She.. truth be told, didn't want to touch the thing. She'd jumped naked into bogs and wrestled with rabbies-infected wolves, but the beast skeeved her out...

"Screw it! Cliffcrush Discipline, Stance 18: Endzone Defence!" She strikes an odd defensive posture - her fists still gripped and lacking any poetic flare, but her muscles twitched with readily apparent dexterity, ready to dodge and riposte. Somehow, her wish rings out...

A flash of light, brilliant green, turning to a sky blue, then darker, and darker still. Dissipating, she is left standing, a newfound confidence in her eyes and clearly different. Her hair lengthened and a shaggy dark, a few inches taller and a little more matured around her curves. A navy blue suit and big red boots - though they seem to end at the ankle, leaving her barefoot. A general's coat, it's sleeves' unfilled, hangs over her back like a cape, and seems a few sizes too big - especially for her previous form - and on closer inspection her nazy suit is lined with what appears to be steel plating (subtly painted over to save her the embarassment, making it just seem like bulgy clothing), and the coat nearly an inch thick and far heavier than it should be, though it doesn't seem to affect her much. She's armoured without seeming it, and her new form is more physically domineering - a little better suited to being on the front lines by army standards. Crossing her arms as her coat still manages to find a breeze powerful enough to make it blow - likely born of her own spirit - she stares down the thing.

A new few emotions seem to enter her as she uses her powers for the first time. An odd loyalty and kinship - feelings alien enough to her usual behaviour that she consciously rejects them, instead capitalising on aggression, a devious smile playing at her face almost in mimicry of her opponent. She points at it, and says in a breathy voice a little deeper than usual [BI"Bring it."[/B]

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by TraceHyde View Post
    "Heh, armour's a bit unnecessary isn't it? Certainly with these foes" Umiko asks tauntingly verbally butting heads with Makoto, a clear challenge being ushered. "I'm wearing street clothes and I just beat my one to death with my bare hands. I'd ask you where you got that lance of yours, but I don't want ya thinking I'm at all envious. I won't say that cowards wield weapons, but it takes a special kind of idiot to wield something they can barely control, as you clearly can't. You might as well have just set yourself on fire and hugged the thing for all the self-preservation YOU have."
    "Actually, you mentioned a coward? Yeah, sure, guilty as charged." Makoto simply smirks in response. "The most cowardly coward you're ever like to meet. You've got me pegged right there. One of the perks of cowardice: you learn that a lot of stuff stops being scary if you just suck it up and sidestep." The redhead gives her weapon a twist, setting it circling lazily around her. She let a few links slip through her fingers, feeling the tension in the chains.

"Like here. All I see is a pissed-off, angry dog. Dumb muscle doesn't frighten me. Only thing I need to do is stay out of the dogs' way." Makoto shrugs, smile fading. "Let's chat more thoroughly when we're out of mortal peril. Or not. I glubbin' hate bullies."

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    At last Daina reaches the others. She pauses a moment, debating whether or not to play something, if she want's to expose her lack of voice to these strangers without need. They seem to be asking most of the important questions after all. Eventually, the choice to communicate won out.
    It's not like I would be able to hide it for long anyway.
    ♪Let me intruduce myself♫You can call me♫Daina♫Who are you♪
    As she asks, Daina finds knowledge of how to record their names with her turntables coming to her.
    "Makoto Hoshi. My pleasure." The girl tilts her head slightly, crimson hair shifting over her shoulders. "Can't talk or something? I'd ask if you needed help, but hell if you seem to need it. Shout if you need something. Or... beatbox or something."

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A smile tugs at the edges of Amiya's mouth for a moment, as she watches the verbal sparring. But it flattens quickly as her gaze moves back to the shaking Mica.

"As much as this would be a good thing in any other situation, I am afraid that here it is not." She rises to her feet, the rose light around her hand fading into the stone of her ring, and turns to Makoto.

"The things that you just fought are not nearly the worst of our enemy's creatures. And the destruction of those meant to kill us has drawn the attention of those far more powerful." She smiles tightly, almost sadly. "And I am afraid that if you do not fight with us, we most assuredly shall fall.

"As for defences like your companions, focus on the idea of protection. Or simply ask your Device. Either should trigger the creation of armour of your own.

"I am sorry, I know this is not enough. But even if it does not feel like it, this is a fight that all Gifted must fight. For if we fail, then everything you know and love falls." Her attention flicks to Umiko.

"The one who called you here is all around you, hey'shala. Amber brought you to herself." She manages a smile, an almost peaceful one. "This world is Amber. As for your other questions, I-"

"Amiya!" The green-eyed woman spins towards the call coming from her Pentacle. "They...they broke the..." Mica whispers, the swirling patterns fading from her eyes, shoulders drooping - then straightening in something approaching sudden realisation. "Shield!" She screams, as bolts of malevolent darkness erupt from one side of the square.

Protection

The command rings in your hears, three different devices chorusing it as one. Blazing patterns wrought of silver, aquamarine and violet flower into being around the targets of the blasts - the four clustered members of Amiya's Pentacle. Their impacts send dust whirling, but when it clears the four are still standing.

But you are no longer alone. And the blasts concealed the Neverwere's advance.

Four stand upon rooftops, the ribbons of shadowstuff leaking away from their hands marking them as the ones who unleashed the shadow-bolts. Umbral wings spread behind them, and they scream in fury as they see their failure.

Spoiler
    Show

Then their wings sweep out to full extension, and they launch themselves upwards, fresh patterns of darkness whirling around their hands as they prepare to fire once more.

Amiya yells, command cracking through her tone. "I am sorry, but I must leave the ground-bound to you. We are better in the air, blocking the Wingwraiths." She concentrates for a moment, magenta light rippling around her, then leaps. "Silvers, with me!"

She shoots upwards, her own companions nodding in regretful acceptance before following. Their weapons rise in flight, light building around the hands of those without.

But they do not hold your attention. For something far more pressing moves forward out of the shattered remains of what was once a coffee shop. It scuttles forward on its long legs, spreading massive arms wide and something utterly inhuman glints behind the shadow where its eyes would be.

It looms over you, towering to twice your height, and somewhere deep inside you feel that it is somehow smiling. And not a nice smile. This one does not scream or rage, but a booming, malevolent chuckle - if that is even the right word for it - echoes out from it.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those who didn't now know how to summon their costume. The creature is on the other side of the square from you and seems to be...waiting.
    "Protection, huh? Easy enough. I guess." Closing her eyes, Makoto took a deep breath. What did Mahou Shoujo wear? Stupid costumes, that's what. Glitzy dresses and jewels and who knew what else. She briefly entertained the idea, but tossed it away within a few heartbeats. Screw mahou shoujo. Makoto was something different. Like it or not, she was a soldier, not an actor.

"Armor!" The whispered word sent the circle of chains into a maelstorm of activity. As they constricted around her, Makoto worried for a split-second whether she'd messed up somehow - whether her weapon was about to flay the skin from her body. As it turned out, it was simply after her clothes: she'd not been particularly attached to the flannels, but there was still a measure of indignation as she felt them sliced away with razor precision and lay down something else in their place. At least, until she caught a glimpse of her own reflection.

"Damn. Not bad." Makoto gave a small tug at the high-end military fatigues. This was... probably the most sensible thing her weapon had done thus far, and she had to admit it had earned the device some points in her book. The street urchin had never cared much for fashion - clothes were clothes, and you were lucky if they fit - but even Makoto had to admit she looked pretty badass. She was even sporting a patch over one eye without impeding her vision... somehow. She chalked it up to magic, which bugged her slightly but was farely trivial after having been dragged half a multiverse away to fight someone else's war. She could feel that the outfit had power of some sort. Makoto wasn't quite sure what yet, but she figured that if she kept taking her cues, it would come.

"Five years of training, huh?" The redhead dropped her lance's tip behind her, bracing herself for the maneuver she knew was coming. She was starting to wonder what percentage of a mahou shoujo's training consisted of teamwork exercises... but there was all manner of nastiness popping up now, which left remarkably few options in the field of idle thought. "Well then," Makoto forced a grin. It wasn't as hard as it might have been. "Let's see what five minutes can do."

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don Costume!

Initiative: (1d20+3)[12]
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

16. - Top - End - #46

Cymoril catches a glimpse of Umikos transformation as she rushes forward and smirks
    "Heh, you call that armor? Well, i am glad to know that you have some protection at least. Let's go get that thing!"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Now properly equipped, Daina wastes no time in attacking this new foe. Running in the direction she believes it to be in, her hearing soon confirms its location. Upon reaching it, she lets loose a quick pair of attacks with her turntables. Hopefully this can be ended quickly and more information about this place can be gained.

Actions OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to move 40 feet in the direction of the new Neverwere. Once next to it, standard action to attack once with each turntable.

Main Hand Attack: (1d20+12)[6](18)
    Damage: (1d6+9)[14] sonic: (1d4)[3]
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+12)[21]
    On Crit Thundering sonic damage: (1d8)[7] DC 14 or deafened.

Off Hand Attack: (1d20+12)[19](31)
    Damage: (1d6+9)[13] sonic: (1d4)[3]
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+12)[18]
    On Crit Thundering sonic damage: (1d8)[5] DC 14 or deafened.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

"Release!" Temeka shouts as she trots slowly after Diana.
    "Initializing Homing Shot subroutine, firing." The twin jagged pieces of light that were orbiting Temeka shoot forward, unerringly darting around anything in their path to impact the Neverwere.
    "Target!"
    "Initializing Luminous Rain, targeting mode." Beads of light follow the jagged pieces, hovering near the Neverwere.
    "Chisaki go!" Temeka finally orders as she brings her own weapons to bear. Chisaki charging after Diana and leaping at the enemy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free action to set loose the homing shots. (2d3)[2]
    Swift for Luminous Rain for to hit bonus.
    Temeka will move to within 20ft and fire.
    Attack Touch (1d20+12)[17]
    Damage (1d8)[7]
    Sonic (1d4)[4]
    Attack Touch (1d20+12)[20]
    Damage (1d8)[4]
    Sonic (1d4)[2]

Chisaki charge and pounces.
    Attack Bite (1d20+17)[26]
    Damage Bite (2d6+8)[15]
    Attack Claw (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage Claw (1d6+4)[7]
    Attack Claw (1d20+11)[18]
    Damage Claw (1d6+4)[9]

And grapple attempts if attacks hit.
    (1d20+21)[38]
    (1d20+21)[28]
    (1d20+21)[37]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

The Neverwere doesn't even seem to react to your preparations, nor to the challenge issued by Umiko. It simply waits, crouching close to the ground, and its 'face' twists in something that only the most charitable could call a smile as Daina charges forward, her turntables floating just beneath her hands.

"Fool."

The single word echoes across the square, devoid of any emotion except perhaps an icy contempt. And as Daina closes on the abomination, its arms lash out in lightning-fast succession. And whilst yes, there are not as many attacks as the last creatures you fought, this thing is apparently more capable.

Six times the shadowstuff limbs lash out. But apparently either it is not much more skilled or Daina has the luck of a god.The mute girl's turntables flash in the firelight, sending two of the blows spinning aside. One slams into the ground just ahead of her step, punching straight through the concrete of the square and evoking a faint tremor. And the last of the four misses does so only just. As Daina spins to catch her turntables, the bladed fingers snap past her, through where her head had been only a moment before. An outstretched claw traces a hairline across her face, but does not draw blood.

Unfortunately, even luck and skill have their limits. Two strikes do connect, the first of them carving a slender line of red across Daina's side and the second, the backhand from the almost-hit, knocking her almost off her feet as it pushes her forward into the creature's 'embrace'.

And yet she keeps coming, a testament perhaps to the mute girl's inner strength, and her weapons fly from her hands as she comes close enough to strike. The first misses, likely a result of the somewhat brutal way in which she had been propelled the last few steps. But the second cuts deep, light flaring around it, and only just avoids one of the night-thing's arm joints.

It rises up before her, towering above the far smaller girl, and two razor edged bolts of light smash into it before it can act. Its gaze rises, tracking the source of those bolts back to Temeka as she moves forward. The air around it seems to swirl, sending one of the power-suited girl's shots awry, but the other strikes truly, burning into the blackness of the creature's form.

Chisaki bounds forward, dodging around the oncoming spikes and yowling in pain when two of the hand blades gouge through her plating. But they don't penetrate, and she hurls herself at the things throat, claws outstretched.

Her claws slide away, finding no purchase on the beast's shadowy substance. But her crystal teeth shine with a luminescent flame as they tear through it. But still the Neverwere makes no sound. It shakes its neck quickly from side to side, dislodging the troublesome construct and dropping her back to the ground.

And then it moves.

For a flickering moment, it seems to consider its options, the almost tangible gaze sweeping the battlefield and fixing its targets. Then it slams its hands into the ground, black pulsing into the earth and that same flat hatred assaults your ears once again.

"Bleed."

Nameless instincts scream in sudden warning, and those not engaged in combat with the thing step, twist, jump or hurl themselves away from the majority of the upward thrusting spikes that would have impaled them. But none of you are quite good enough to have avoided them entire. And, against your will, your bodies obey the Neverwere's command.

Spoiler
    Show

Daina, take (2d6+10)[16]
    Chisaki, take [roll 2d6+10[/roll] (Remember, hardness counts against the damage taken.)

All others take (3d4+6)[12] damage each. And be very glad you all made your reflex saves.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

20. - Top - End - #50

"Crap." Makoto spit a mouthful of red fluid along with the curse. She tried to think of something worthwhile as a counterpoint, but damn it, this pile of ink and spite wasn't worth it. So the best she got was, "No, you bleed! Hunt!"

With its characteristic alacrity, Makoto's lance launched her upward. But... it wasn't just the lance this time. The mahou shoujo felt a motion coursing through her, guiding her body - she didn't like the feeling, but she knew better than to resist it at this point. Makoto felt herself tumble and... for lack of a better term, land on a link of her own weapon. Sailing not at, but over her enemy. At first she assumed that her weapon had simply overshot the mark, but realization of the maneuver being suggested overtook the girl within moments.

With a string of murmured commands, Makoto recalled her weapon into a solid shaft - then elongated it as she fell, driving the shaft downwards to simultaneously impale her foe and tether her own jump. As the redhead hit the ground, she simply detached the extended portion, letting it dissolve as a new shaft lightly tapped the ground to send her skidding away from her enemy. The new boots seemed to practically glide, almost as if on wheels.

Actions:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ride-By Jumpcharge Attack on the Neverwere Behemoth! Jump up, over, land on the other side, attack, use remaining movement to put Makoto 40 ft (or as far as she can get) on the far side of the monster. No AoOs, because ride-by attack and all that good stuff.

Power Attack is active.

Jump Check: (1d20+61)[65]
    To-Hit: (1d20+13)[28] (Luminous Rain included)
    Damage: ((1d8+23)[28] * 4) = 112

Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 50/62
    Motes: 5/7

AC: 21 | CMD: 25
    Fort: +6 | Ref: +9 | Will: +5
    Last edited by Selinia; 2012-07-24 at 07:18 PM.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

(Umiko goes last in her initiative group to prevent disruption, but her actions are as follows)

Umiko doesn't seem to mind much the piercing of the spikes, toughing them out well enough; she flinches as any living person would, but to say she bleeds would be far too charitable as she quickly finds her footing, remarking simply "Quite the reach, haven't ya?" Seeing the dragoon charge into the thing's face, she smiled, not even that annoyed at the glory stealing occurring. In uncharacteristic patience, Umiko finds herself observing her opponent, getting a feel for the new powers coursing through her, though relying mostly on instinct. With a deep breath, she plants one foot forward, speaking quickly a word of power as it occurs to her. "Kenpachi Sealing Method: Fragile Shell!" A wall of pure light springs up between herself and the monster...

Swift Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Fragile Shell illumination, 1 mote, swift action. Creates 10 foot high wall up to 30 feet long; use to surround the beast; it creates it in a straight line perpendicular to the line between herself and the beast. This should lock it off from engaging in direct melee, depriving it of assumed trading of blows that comprise the openings that atacks of opportunity are assumed to have - in other words, he shouldn't (I hope) get any attacks until her makes to consciously attack the barrier, such as by a regular attack on his own turn. Although, breaking the barrier may not be necessary...

She doesn't even flinch at her new power, rolling with it, feeling it a part of her no different to using her fists. Feeling her slightest movement subtly more powerful, she charges forward - jumping as she gains momentum into a flying front kick, trying to veer her foot forward for anything that looks squishy and, landing, forces her fists upwards into the thing's underbelly. Of course, she makes to charge straight through her own barrier, safe from reprisal for her approach as she ironically pours everything she has into busting through the odd material she just made - and of course to causing the thing damage

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge action with two weapon fighting. The barrier has 18 hit points; Umiko makes to attack through a single 5-foot square section of it - excess damage is dealt to the monster itself. Doing so will open up the gap for the monster to attack her in return, but at least she got her own hits in first. I may get cover bonuses though, I'll leave that to your discretion.

Flying kick
    Attack! (1d20+15)[31]
    confirmation roll if I roll a 20, (1d20+15)[18]
    Damage (3d8+12)[22]

Double fist cannon!
    Attack! (1d20+15)[33]
    confirmation roll if I roll a 20, (1d20+15)[17]
    Damage (3d8+12)[22]

Spoiler
    Show
    Status at end of turn, if not attacked;
    4 temporary HP, 4 motes, 57 HP, 19 AC
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-07-25 at 03:49 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Cymoril sees how the other girl get hit by the monstrous creature in front of her.
    Good thing that i practiced for that - lets see if i can do this now!
    She runs toward the enemy, drawing a trail of lightning behind her, weaving from side to side, using her sword as both a counter-weight and a means to cover herself against attacks. She is not prepared for the spikes exploding from below, but manages to evade most of them nonetheless.

She stops in front of the enemy, forgoing the momentum of the charge for a certain hit. The lightning-trail behind her swirls between Sturmbringer and the Neverwere, until it rebounds into the blade as it strikes.
    "Fury of Lightning, Sound of Thunder - Thundersmite!"
    Donnerschlag!

Spoiler
    Show
    If i can actually reach the enemy that way (i already moved closer in my last round after all), i make an acrobatics check to move at half speed and avoid attacks of opportunity. I also spend one of my own attacks of opportunity to protect myself against any AoO i might provoke, and i will spend the others if anyone else gets attacked.

I start my round by triggering Vigil of Candles
    Then i move adjacent to the enemy (via Tumbling if possible).
    And then i execute Sunny Daze.
    Rolls: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post13612751

Spoiler
    Show
    Status: 52 HP, 2 Motes left .Less HP if i take damage from an AoO
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-25 at 01:48 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Close to the neverwere, Daina's music rings out as she unleashes attacks it, shifting slightly to help take advantage of fighting with the others whiel being on guard for attacks. She focuses to gather her new powers on her attacks, granting them the same ability to weaken her opponents as before. If anything needs to be made less dangerous it is this foe.

Actions OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full round action and a mote to use heartbreaker. Also a 5 foot step to the left (or if that's where most of the others are to the right), so as to slowly work toward flanking the neverwere. The music Daina's been playing since charging the foe is akin to this.
    7 motes remaining.

Rolls, with luminous rain factored in.

Main Hand Attack 1: (1d20+15)[11](26)
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+15)[19]
    On Crit Thundering sonic damage: (1d8)[2] DC 14 or deafened.

Off Hand Attack 1: (1d20+15)[13](28)
    Damage: (1d6+9)[15] sonic: (1d4)[2]
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+15)[20]
    On Crit Thundering sonic damage: (1d8)[2] DC 14 or deafened.

Main Hand Attack 2: (1d20+10)[1](11)
    Damage: (1d6+9)[14] sonic: (1d4)[4]
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+10)[26]
    On Crit Thundering sonic damage: (1d8)[3] DC 14 or deafened.

Off Hand Attack 2: (1d20+10)[1](11)
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+10)[27]
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Temeka twists as the Neverwere's attack becomes evident, somehow managing to avoid the worse of it.
    "Maintain targeting..." She mutters as she begins to line up her shots once again. Eying the creature warily as it weathers everything thrown at it thus far Temeka hopes that they'll see results soon as she triggers another volley.

Chisaki on the other hand growls in frustration as she's shaken off. Gamely surging forth once more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Luminous Rain for +3 to attacks again. Both Temeka and Chisaki will full attack. If anyone's flanking for Chisaki add the bonus.
    Temeka
    Attack (1d20+12)[26]
    Damage (1d8)[4]
    Sonic (1d4)[4]
    Attack (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage (1d8)[5]
    Sonic (1d4)[1]
    Attack (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage (1d8)[6]
    Sonic (1d4)[3]
    Attack (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage (1d8)[1]
    Sonic (1d4)[2]

Chisaki
    Attack Bite (1d20+15)[19]
    Damage Bite (2d6+8)[13]
    Attack Claw (1d20+10)[18]
    Damage Claw (1d6+4)[7]
    Attack Claw (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage Claw (1d6+4)[5]
    Grapple Attempts if hit (1d20+21)[30]
    Grapple Attempts if hit (1d20+21)[39]
    Grapple Attempts if hit (1d20+21)[28]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

The Neverwere tries to catch Makoto as the girl streaks over its head, but its lancing strikes fail to take into account the speed of the magical girl as she hurtles down through the 'flesh' of the monstrosity. Her lance flashes white, burning away the blackness around her to clear her a path to the ground, eliciting a cry of pain from her target - although that quickly turns to rage.

And apparently, that distracts it much more than the thing's nonexistence expression shows. All but one of the attacks launched against Cymoril go astray, the blonde flicking three of them away with deft movements of her Device and stepping neatly out of the way of the other two. And she barely flinches as the last blow in the sequence - delivered as she raises Sturmbringer to strike - slices into her.

But the weapon continues its path, pain finding no clear purchase on the girl-knight, and lightning blazes out from its blade as it slams home, digging deep - deeper than any of the attacks before it in fact - into the flesh of its mistress's enemy.

Umiko steps forward, light flowering around her wrist as she invokes a wall of sealing light to stand between her and the creature threatening herself, then charges.

The wall shudders as the Neverwere's massive claws hammer against it, pounding on the barrier of manifest Light. And yet it holds - at least for a little. One, two, four, five strikes it holds against, but Umiko was never one to hide behind walls or shields and it shows in the fragility of her creation. The final blow sends cracks spraying out across the barrier, solid night tearing at protective light, and the delicate creation shatters. The final strike continues though, albeit degraded in power, and meets Umiko in the air. It slams into her raised foot, the impact ringing like that of a hammer on an anvil - but it does not stop her.

She spins under the retracting claw-fist, sending her own normal ones hammering up into the 'belly' of the nightmarish creature and it rocks forward slightly, its face less than a foot from hers, and growls menacingly.

Music blasts out across the square as Daina strikes again, her discs whirling around her in deadly pattern. Light blazes all around them, the same light that ate away the deadly sharpness of her last foe's weapons, and they spin free from her grasp once again.

The first two strikes carve smoothly through the flesh of the creature, light pouring from the wounds down its arms to corrode and weaken its claws. But the last two prove that Daina's luck is quite normal - and subject to bad turns just as easily as your own - as the two turntables collide in mid-spin and vanish in a flare of light and disjointed sound.

Yet their jarring discordance is lost in the hail of blasts unleashed by Temeka's suit weapons, and this time the targeting lights finally seem to do their work properly. Each of the four shots punches deep into the Neverwere, flaring with light as they slam home. Chisaki leaps once more for its throat, attempting to pull the thing down so that her allies might rip it to pieces, but all but the final strike fails to do more than slide through flesh that parts before it. One of her claws almost finds purchase, but another shake of the Neverwere's throat sends the construct tumbling away.

The Neverwere rears back, glaring down at the foes now beginning to surround it, and growls something dark and utterly intelligible, the syllables of the words seeming to tear at reality around you as if they are not meant to be spoken here.

Blackness leaks into the air around the thing's head, forming a twisted mockery of a classical angel's halo and it raises its hands, more ribbons of nightstuff twining out of nothingness to weave around the disfigured blade-fingers. The world seems to hush around you, the sound of flames falling away before the dark monolith gathering above you.

Cymoril, Umiko and Chisaki all step forward swinging, their weapons slamming into the shadowstuff form of the creature in an attempt to stop whatever is about to happen. The Neverwere laughs, raucous and malevolent.

"Darkness."

The halo drops, black billowing out from it to cloak the square in night as it hits the ground. Utter darkness surrounds you, pouring from the circle of writhing night laid around the creature's feet.

"Prevails!"

The halo flashes, blacker than even what you thought black could be, the darkness of an utter void. And then that void bursts from the dissipating halo, racing outwards to engulf you all in its icy embrace.

Spoiler
    Show

Cymoril, take (1d8+5)[6]
    Umiko, take (1d8-1)[4] (minimum 1 damage)

There is now a dome of total darkness 30' in diameter around the Neverwere.

Everyone within that dome takes (6d4)[17] damage (no DR against this one). And once more be incredibly glad you made your saves.
    Show

<struck dumb>

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Umiko grunts, taking the hit well - unscathed, even, but is deeply annoyed by the dark. She's not built for nighttime combat - opponents should be out in the open! Deceiver, just like Tengu! "Here's what I think of your dark! U-WAAAAAAHHH!"

Deploying theme music.

"HEART OF SOUL: ANGEL BUSTER! -PUNCH!" With a great springing of her legs, she brings her fist back, her whole body coiling as she aims her entire mass, and curiously then some, straight at where she knows the thing's heaving mass of a body to have been. Light sprays out of her very being as the blow flies straight for the thing - on a collision, an explosion occurring to shake the thing's bones with the force!

Spoiler
    Show
    Angel Buster as a strike!
    Attack! (1d20+15)[26]
    Damage! (3d8+54)[61]
    confirmation roll if necessary (1d20+15)[29]

Spoiler
    Show
    3motes spent. Any hard feelings if I wait until a response post? There was something else I wanted to do with my turn if the punch connected, but you usually make us wait until a turn has passed to see what happened.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-07-27 at 10:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

music
    Yes, that got him! Now i just have to do it again!
    Beginne Zielerfassung. Analyse läuft.
    Cymoril dodges another attack before she can reply "thanks, Sturmbringer."

She turns a parry into another strike, but this time the blade just slips off the surface. Damn it!
    Cymoril readies herself for a proper attack as darkness explodes around her. Her limbs go numb at the freezing cold, but worse yet she can't spot the Neverwere at all, despite standing direct in front of it.

Disoriented in the darkness, a limb painfully slams into Cymorils side.
    Daaamn. Light. I need some light. I had a a torchlight with me, maybe its still somewhere? Everything i know about Barrier Jackets tells me it should be...
    Taking Sturmbringer into her left hand to defend herself, Cymoril begins to grab around her costume to look for a pocket. She finds a fold and manages to take the Torch out, igniting it to reveal the giant Neverwere in front of her.

Ziel Erfasst. Seelenschnitter!
    Her blade rushes towards the target with a brilliant glow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action to activate Smite Evil
    Move action to take out electric torch, which i had from my trip at night at the beginning
    Standard Action for Sunny Daze
    1 Mote for Aura, 2 for Strike. Leaves me with 2 Motes
    29 HP left. +5 AC due to Smite Evil
    Translations: "Acquiring Target. Analyzing." "Target locked. Reaper of Souls!"
    rolls
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-27 at 10:05 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Daina grimaces as her turntables clash and vanishes.
    A minor setback. I can call them back easily enough.
    So reassured, she prepares to bring them back. Then she's hit by the cold. The frigid blast is chills her to the bone, but its not enough to stop her.
    So that's how you want to dance. Then lets try something a little different.

Her course decided, Daina recalls her turntables and gathers her energy to once again strike down the foe and dull its attacks. As she does she begins a different song than before. As the music begins to play she starts dancing once more and lashes out at the foe.

Actions OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free action to make turntables. Full round action to use heart breaker. 5 foot step to get into move toward a flanking position.

Main Hand Attack 1: (1d20+12)[7](19)
    Damage: (1d6+9)[15] sonic: (1d4)[1]
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+12)[31]

Off Hand Attack 1: (1d20+12)[10](22)
    Damage: (1d6+9)[13] sonic: (1d4)[1]
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+12)[21]
    On Crit Thundering sonic damage: (1d8)[6] DC 14 or deafened.

Main Hand Attack 2: (1d20+7)[11](18)
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+7)[13]
    On Crit Thundering sonic damage: (1d8)[5] DC 14 or deafened.

Off Hand Attack 2: (1d20+7)[11](18)
    Crit confirm (15-20 x2): (1d20+7)[23]
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The illustrious 2nd part of my turn.

Umiko whips her foot back into an odd solid stance, making an odd throaty noise as she focuses her energy.

Move action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classic energy charging - making a DC 13 concentration check to regain 2 motes. I'm pretty sure a natural 1 isn't an autofailure, but I'll roll anyway
    (1d20+13)[23]

With a wave of her hand and a sweep of light, she makes to see through the thing's attacks, relying on pure instinct.

Swift Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 1 mote to use Luminous Rain. It must now make a DC19 will save or all my allies gain a +3 to AC against the beast until the start of my next turn.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Music

Umiko's fist blazes a blinding trail through the darkness around her, light spraying out around the girl in radiant fountains to tear at the darkness muffling it. And the blow sends the Neverwere staggering back, a fleeting chorus of notes rising from the remnants of the angelic strike. Across from her, Daina's weapons reform in crackling explosions of soundlight, blazing in the cracked darkness.

The blind girl, unaffected by the creature's attempt to stop them, flings her hands out in the direction of the creature, unleashing her turntables once more. They whirl around the creature, blasting their music out as they track down to cut deep into its form. And this time all four blows strike true, their tones ringing out in victory. Light cloaks the Neverwere, rippling across the night-thing's body and flaring around the gouged remnants of its claws. It bellows in fury, but this time you think you hear a slight edge of pain. Or was it fear?

Light whirls out from Umiko's hand once more, but this time it is more protective in its effect. It spreads out across the Neverwere, joining the flaming light burning away at it, and forming a nimbus of light that flickers weakly against the all-encompassing darkness.

The darkness around the Neverwere is cracking now, light racing across it as the combined efforts of two wielders of Amber pour their radiance into breaking it. But it holds, it holds, it holds. Then Cymoril steps forward.

Her weapon rises in her left hand, her right holding the guttering flare of a torch on the Neverwere's bulk. Sturmbringer speaks, light exploding along the length of the Device, turning it into a white-gold thunderbolt with a hilt. The torch clatters, unheard, to the ground as Cymoril raises her other hand to reinforce the swing.

It slams down, the pain and anger and desperation of a girl who only wants to get home erupting in a raging torrent. And the darkness shatters like glass. The blazing strike seems to extend all the way through the giant Neverwere, sparks of white and pale gold spraying out around the area of the slash. It staggers back once more, slamming into the wreckage of the building from which it came, and Sturmbringer pulses in cool anticipation.

Zielkoordinaten übertragen

The falcon at the centre of the blade's crossguard flashes white, eyes projecting two lines of light into the heart of the Neverwere before you. And you hear a voice in your heads, calling from upon high.

:This is, uh, acting Captain Kalen Mitsuki on the Lightbringer. I don't know how you did it, but you've given us a lock. Whoever you are, get down!:

Those among you who can see look up, your gaze being drawn by that voice far beyond the battling Nightwraiths and Silvers above you. And you see something resembling a star, but much bigger and moving far to erratically, flare into sudden incandescence.

Light!Sound!POWER!

Vision evaporates, hearing ceases, senses fall away in a maelstrom of whirling golden fire. You hear the Neverwere scream in agony, the harsh sound of terror falling into nothingness as it is flung bodily from reality. And then your brain fails, your entire being overloaded by the radiant light pouring down from above.

-Discontinuity-
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-07-28 at 05:25 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>