New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

"I'll be paying for that." Tossing three of his newly earned gold coins onto the countertop, the wizard settles into a chair before addressing the bartender once more. "I'll also be buying a round for my other friend here, and a dragon whiskey for myself. It seems he did mean to include Levi in the offer of a drink as well, for whatever reason.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Samantha nods gratitude to the wizard and raises her glass, not sure what she's toasting to but it seems appropriate. She did notice the presence of someone else's magic in her last spell, but she couldn't pinpoint it precisely and doesn't feel like trying. She's a little tired.
    She takes a hearty swig from her drink and then addresses the wizard " So, you're a wizard,huh? How long you been in the business?"

3. - Top - End - #1053

[before being healed]

Levi was successfully flipped over onto his back by Samantha the Healer. His shirt is in fairly good condition, except for a large bloodstained hole in it. So, with the shirt pushed up enough for the cracked ribs to be reached, it is quite visible that he is muscled enough to be a sword-fighter.

Thanks to Angie, he doesn't feel a thing. He ain't no mage to know if someone else is casting a spell, but he does comment, "I didn't feel a thing."

[After the fact]

Levi is surprised that the Wizard wants to buy him a drink. "Something non-alcoholic," he adds, also going to sit down. Levi knows that alcohol and medicine don't go together. Since they don't go good together, it's only logical that alcohol and healing don't go together.
    That, plus clouding up your mind after being possessed isn't the best idea, either.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-31 at 09:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1054

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird let's out a loud table-shaking burp. Then he grins and nods. Is good. he then turns to the waiter Is has grass? Hay? For Ba. Meanwhile Ba starts gnawing on Krystal's shoelaces if she has any, or her shoes if she doesn't.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #1055

"Me? I have spent my whole life training, since I was eight." The wizard raises his own glass as it's passed to him, clinking it against Samantha's in nameless toast. "But.." There is hesitation. It felt embarrassing, to be a novice amongst such high company. But then, there's no point lying either, when it would be so sorely obvious.

"I have only been practicing for a week, and most of that spent aboard a stinking, smelly ship to get here." He admits, smile turning a little sheepish.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie isn't going to speak up happy to have helped even a little bit. She sits back enjoying a drink. She knows she should probably get going soon, but is having a good time.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

7. - Top - End - #1057

Krystal chuckles a little at the burp. And then notices Ba trying to enjoy er shoelaces. She will gently try to guide him away.

Yeah, I think they'd have something here he could eat. Even if it's lettuce. She will order such food for the goat.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Samantha gives a smile to Levi when told he didn't feel anything.

Samantha chuckles lightly at the wizard's remark. She then says to the wizard "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I've just been practicing for so long, a week seems like nothing. But it is remarkable that you got your powers so early, and you seem to have a decent handle on them for one so young. May I ask how old you are?"

9. - Top - End - #1059

Levi receives us [unspecified virgin drink] drinks his drink, listening to the talking between the wizard and the healer. How people get magic, he has no idea. He's never heard of anybody studying to learn magic, but, he figures, magic must be just like engineering or chemistry: He wouldn't be surprised if there's actual colleges that teach magic.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Knowing what I do of Trog's bartender, asking for 'something non-alcoholic' probably ended with Levi being given a glass of water. Maybe with a slice of lime, if Cosmo's in a good mood.

"Yes, I suppose it would seem even less time to you than me." The wizard says, taking the laugh in good humor it was meant. Helps that it's coming from a beautiful lady in an outfit that would be considered scandalously revealing in his home lands.

"I'm twenty years and a summer old now, with not long before my twenty first. My admittance to the academy was later than the norm, being a bit of a fluke."

11. - Top - End - #1061

GnomeWizardGuy

Ba is successfully deflected and starts gnawing on a table leg. Meanwhile the situation starts to sink into Gird. Where is here? he asks, the worried look from before coming over his face.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #1062

Krystal watches Ba for a moment, mulling over how best to explain this to Gird.

Well...this city is called Inside. I know, it's kind of a silly name. The land this city is in is called Nexus. And...Nexus is...well, your home is on a different world than Nexus. Probably. Mine is, anyways.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas wakes up, lifting his head off the table. He looks in front of him to see it crowded with half-finished glasses of water, and is very confused. His eyes are blood shot, and his long hippie hair is very messy. he evens out his hair with his hands, stands up, and makes his way to the bar. As soon as he gets to the bar, he orders himself a beer for breakfast, and lights up a cigarette - typical Chas these days.
    avvie by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #1064

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird mulls over what Krystal said, once again getting the gears moving and the sparks flying. Finally, after a few minutes, he says Is Inside. No Nodn. Is Nee-xus. No Trae. the salad comes and Gird puts the plate on the ground. Ba proceeds to eat the salad and gnaw on the silverware.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

15. - Top - End - #1065

Krystal nods. That's right. And I know you wanted to go to Nodn, but...a lot of times, when people end up here, they usually don't get to go back.

But, we might be able to find a way for you. Maybe.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt shows up here. He's not going to stay for very long. Just order a glass of rum and kinda lean against the wall, looking around for someone in particular. Won't find them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Halfling in the Playground

Bellan Vraal wades into the establishment, looking much more the worse for wear. He would've come much, much sooner, but various incidents have kept him busy since Zee's spontaneous revival. Mostly protecting his friend Marty.

In any case, he's here now, and the clicking giant is dressed in an elaborate, long-sleeved black tunic with golden trim. A mantle of bone sits about his shoulders, grim and heavy as it should be. A sword is hung from his belt, the blade itself quite literally carved from the miraculous tree known as Ironwood. Runes of violet Hate shimmer angrily along the length of the weapon.

He looks around for Zee, but not seeing her, decides to sit at the bar and wait.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1068

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird thinks a bit and then shrugs, picking up his pack. He retreives a small carving knife and what looks like a goblin partially carved out of wood. He starts to carve, concentrating intently on the wood.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "Well met, Master Razortooth." Sornnolu says, inclining his head in a respectful gesture.
    Dipsnig nods back.
    "It's lucky that I've met you here. I'm curious about the new drow settlement in Inside. I thought your kind preferred living underground, like us."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

A creature walks in, followed by a group. The metal thing that strides in first is some kind of automaton, the words "Clay 13" written on it's back. It seems to have a smile on it's face...which is...not normal on an automaton. The man that follows is young, only about twenty, with a green and yellow tabard of Medean royalty. He also has the five edged star of a Medean Parliamentarian. He ahs a permanent arrogant scowl on his sickly face. Three female warriors in matching red and white plate armour follow. They seem to be twins, or at least sisters. Parliamentarian Batiste walks into the tavern before shouting out, Attention! I am after a notorious criminal by the name of "Marciano Louv're! He is wanted for renegading a company tower from Wing Ominicron, and Clarke Companies.

21. - Top - End - #1071

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird looks at the new arrival and points at his goat, Ba, who has fallen asleep Shoosh! Ba is sleep. he then goes back to his woodcarving
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

Sornnolu nods. "That is true, we are well adapted for life in the Underdark, however, legends say we once walked beneath the stars of the Night Above. Also, there is quite a lot of profit to be made, importing goods from the Surface. Few Houses have connections to the Surface, and none are as strong as ours, nor do they have access to the often strange and varied goods of the Nexus." The drow explains.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig nods. He's not sure why anyone should care about legends, but profit and getting ahead of rivals? He can get behind that.

"Ah, I see. Yes, profit is the best reason there is. How are you all adapting to living here, though? I know it took me awhile to adjust after I left my colony for the first time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

"Some are taking to surface life quite well. Especially the lower classes. They have more freedom here, more opportunities. However, some refuse to let go of our old ways. They do not leave the enclave. Some do not even leave their homes, not wanting to sully themselves by mixing with foreigners and allowing the sun to touch their skin." The drow scowls a bit at that. He was clearly on the more outgoing end of the spectrum, being here in Trog's talking to a Goblin as if they were equals. "I cannot force them to accept this life, however. As much as I wish everyone to be happy here, some simply do not wish to be."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig smiles a little. That's more or less what he expected. In some ways, drow are really like goblins.
    "It takes time. Most goblins are perfectly fine never going topside either. It's why they built a colony here in Underside. I don't know if you've heard of it."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed I have." The drow replies with a polite smile. "It is a lovely city. It is almost as beautiful as Menzoberranzan." He says with a bit of hometown pride. "When the initial reports from the Nexus came through, many believed living in Underside would be better. I however, argued it would be better to live in the world above, and within the city of Inside. The alliance we were able to make with Remnant secured our position here."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

"Hah. Most of the goblins in Underside used to live in Inside, but moved down there when the colony was built. Anyway, I imagine you had to make some concessions for Remnant to allow you to settle down here," Dipsnig says. He avoids mentioning slavery, but it's obvious that it's one of the "concessions" he's talking about.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

"We offered our services as skilled warriors to aid in protecting this city when it was vulnerable." Sornnolu says, in way of explanation, glossing over any other implied concessions. "A few thought it was beneath them to bend to the laws of Inside, and more particularly to living under the rulership of non-drow. I tried to choose my people as carefully as I could, however. Though it can be difficult to find the open minded sometimes." He admits with a sigh.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt finishes his drink and leaves.
    Man, he didn't even accost anyone. Crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Krystal, a young woman with short hair like strands of glass and pure white eyes, looks to the man making his announcement with some interest.

I don't know him by name, but if you got a picture and a way to keep in contact, I can keep an eye out for him. She speaks loud enough to be heard, but hopefully not loud enough to wake up Ba.

Catching criminals? Yeah, Krystal will jump at the chance.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS