New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

{Melody's Island- Barn}

I used the weave, of course. I felt the woman's rage at Jedoh. She was determined that he'd cheated on her. But I wasn't able to see her face.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Oh. Guess that kinda makes it easy. Does he have a phone? Do you know any of his friends? Pictures where he was staying?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh. Guess that kinda makes it easy. Does he have a phone? Do you know any of his friends? Pictures where he was staying?"
    He's from one of those no-tech villages. So no phone or pictures. I usually only get to know my patients, and their immediate familly. He came here with his wife and son. Utapeh is, of course, my prime suspect. But how do I talk to her? She's very distraught, as she's the one who found him.

But, if she did it, then it's all an act? But it's so convincing.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Three possibilities then. The wife did it and was very much an actor. Trust me, people can lie about just about anything." Reinholdt mulls.

"Alternatively, he may have been seeing a mistress and never told the mistress he was married. She may have flipped out when she found out he was."

"Worst case scenario is that he's innocent and someone had a case of mistaken identity and stabbed the wrong person." That makes things hard.

"My best recommendation would be to find out from his wife and son who his friends are and where he was spending his time. Talk to his friends mostly. Your goal should be to find the mistress at this point, if there is one."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Melody's Island- Cottage]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

Jezebelle smiles. It goes pretty fast, when you have someone to talk to. she smiles And believe me, my girls have a lot to talk about.

She looks to the side, a slightly embarrassed look on her face. I do, but.... Well, it's not exactly made for swimming, so much as for looking "hot" on the beach. she says, with finger quotes.
    He chuckles at this.

"Well that sounds just great to me. I was worried you wouldn't have anything at all." He says with a wink.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Swamp of Doom

Instinctively the beast shies back, retreating partway into it's lair to escape the hateful fire biting at it's hide. But simple fear isn't going to hold the tyrant of the swamp at bay. A second later it fires a bolt of webbing towards Marciano, highly flammable webbing that passes right through the fan of flames, igniting in the process and turning to ball of clinging flames aimed straight for Marcy's face.

Clever, for a mere arachnid.
    Marciano drops his weapon and screams out as a fireball of net flies his way. The flames engulf the little halfling, and he begins to run through the swamp wildly, igniting trees, sticks and flammable objects. He runs about for about five minutes, before the halfling crumbles by a tree, which later goes up in flames.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

Swamp of Doom

The fire Marciano should not long outlast him, marshy terrain and an abundance of very much living plants giving it nowhere to spread, the leaves and fallen branches that might otherwise serve as tinder soaked from recent storms, another of which already hangs dark upon the horizon.

And within the hour the swamp will have claimed every sign that Marciano ever even ventured within, footprints washed away by rain, corpse fought over and devoured by wild animals*, another disappearance to feed the decaying god of this hellish cesspool.

*unless he's not actually dead in which case ignore this
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Dirt Road

Great-aunt, is it? Mercutio considers this information in silence for a moment, gazing passively down at Jeanne. Perhaps he could use this, but with so many degrees of separation and how... populous Lust devils were, Mercutio doubted Jeanne was anything more than one of many.
    Interesting that she brought it up, though.

"One does not become Archdevil of two circles without a healthy craving for power. That she would still desire power is not a revelation. The question is what power have I that can facilitate your desire?" Mercutio lifts a hand to his chin, his tail swishing thoughtfully behind him.
    "Perhaps a gift of knowledge. A book from my library..." Depending upon how familiar Jeanne is with devils from Pride Life, she may realize that this is quite a generous offer. "Tell me, are there any areas on which your great-aunt may want to expand her knowledge?"
    "A generous offer," Jeanne says, with a raised eyebrow. "What sort of price would you be asking in return?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Swamp of Doom

The fire Marciano should not long outlast him, marshy terrain and an abundance of very much living plants giving it nowhere to spread, the leaves and fallen branches that might otherwise serve as tinder soaked from recent storms, another of which already hangs dark upon the horizon.

And within the hour the swamp will have claimed every sign that Marciano ever even ventured within, footprints washed away by rain, corpse fought over and devoured by wild animals*, another disappearance to feed the decaying god of this hellish cesspool.

*unless he's not actually dead in which case ignore this
    Marciano is dead...roasted to a crisp...

10. - Top - End - #580

Dirt Road

Mercutio smiles. This was easily one of the best parts of his job. The careful counter-balance of trades, calculating the best trade for what he was offering. The most important part, of course, was never to ask too much. The recipient must always feel as though they are getting the best end of the deal. It must ask comparatively little of them - at least, in the short term. A perfectly crafted deal will allow the recipient peace of mind in their short, mortal lives but end in Mercutio gaining a powerful resource. Power, knowledge, and, most often in round-about methods, a soul. Sometimes even multiple souls! There was this one time on Earth in the 1910s with a fellow named Fritz Haber...
    Well.
    Bragging is rude.

But what does a run-away succubus have to offer? Knowing little about Jeanne, Mercutio finds himself at something of a disadvantage. What resources did she have here in this mortal realm? And while Mercutio had little use for materiel goods, what non-materiel gains could they be used for? The matter of her ancestry could not be over looked, but how much was it worth looking at? How much did Lady Morganna care about her umpteenth great-niece? Of course, Lady Morganna was not dear Jeanne-Antoinette's only relation. No doubt she was in closer relations with one of the higher ranking devils of the First Circle. But could those be counted on? How willing was First Circle nobility to aid the black sheep of the family? Any magic or knowledge she may have was most likely linked to her First circle origins and thus not even worth considering. She had no soul to demand or trick into damnation.

On the surface, this was an unappealing offer. Perhaps he could have her stand by to engage in more cardinal deals for him, but that was hardly worth the loss of one of his tomes.
    However, there was one deceptively simple thing she could offer him.

"There are times when I find myself with my hands full. An assistant of sorts, especially a non-mortal one of your... qualifications, would be quite useful."

MagForest

What?

The devil spends a moment in stunned silence. Goats? What did goats have to do with anything?

"Must I spell it out for you, you slow-witted woman?" He asks with an exasperated sigh. "I am Mercutio of the Seventh Circle. You are aiding Magtok Godlark of this realm in escaping the contract he has entered into with me. In order to escape persecution for breaking his contract his has tricked you into granting him immortality! Have you forgotten your duties, Reaper, or are you so smitten with this arrogant mortal that you would so flagrantly deny them?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[MagForest]

Libby squints at Mercutio for a moment, considering his rather angry reply very carefully.
    Or maybe she's staring somewhere past him, where the ghostly goat-soul is gleefully tromping away again.

Bah!

The reaper's face begins to acquire a proper frown. For a moment, her eyes become more serious.
    "I haven't been tricked into anything. Maggy has already achieved effective immortality. Regardless of your intent, his clone system was an aberrant and a leak in the proper utilization of souls. I am in the process of correcting a problem, preventing the waste or expenditure of needless energy on an effectively endless stream of temporary life.
    I am creating a closed economy of soul, to prevent massive inflation and collapse. You should have known better than to strive for an already stolen-good."

Then she's smiling again.
    "Now, if you're done being a grump, I have to go do my job."
    A step to the left, to move around him!
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

"Hmm... so reassigned to Pride Over Life as the reward, but specifically as your lackey as the price. Almost certainly an improvement over my current job, provided the contract were written properly to spell out the things I will not do." It would be for eternity of course, but so was her current job. These things could be gotten around with renegotiated deals and get-out-penalty clauses. "It seems an excellent arrangement. If this deal is as good for me as it sounds, you'd be an embarrassment to your Circle, and I should hate to think so poorly of the devil who might be my new boss. So go on. Tell me more specifically what you'll ask of me that would make you willing to sacrifice a book."

What would grandfather Sel think of her coming to work in his circle? She'll have to let him look over the contract first. And she knows almost nothing of the Masked Lady. Is she worse than Her Painfulness? She'd likely never see her though. Seventh has far more layers of bureaucracy than the orgiastic chaos of First.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-08-27 at 06:36 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #583
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Forest]

Calvin had left the city well before the sun rose, traveling far from the city and away from any signs of civilization. He had found a large enough clearing to build up what will be a large fire once he lights it, stacking several large logs for later.

He pulls out the satchel that had been delivered, that had promoted this trip into the woods. He takes out several pouches of herbs and powders checking to make sure they are all there. He wasn't sure if his uncle had written to the order requesting it, or if they had sent it as a matter of routine. But either way it meant he had to preform the ritual again. He hadn't done it in years, but he had done it so often in the past he had no problem remembering all of it.

He takes off his shoes and shirt leaving only his shorts on. He stretches out wiggling his toes in the wet grass. He watches as the sun starts to rise on the horizon, time to get started. He takes one of the pouches and snorts it. Time to get started.

He heads into the woods and starts to track and hunt down a deer. He has no bow or weapons of any kind but he moves through the woods with a speed and ease that isn't human.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #584

Dirt Road

"An excellent question, Miss Jeanne." The devil smiles that smug smile, betraying nothing. "Precisely the kind of question I'd expect a servant to ask. However, since this deal is profiting you, I believe it'd be far more fitting for you to explain to me why I should give up one of my books to gain your services."

MagForest

"No." Even as Libby attempts to side-step Mercutio, the devil moves back into her way. "Do not insult my intelligence, woman. What you are doing is protecting him. Tell me, are you in love? Mercutio sneers out the word 'love' as though it were acid on his tongue. And his words only become more and more vitrolic as he speaks. "Is that why you've changed your form? To please him?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

Jeanne gets nervous, realizing she's on her first job interview in, well, ever. "I'm good with illusions - not just self-alteration, but external illusions as well. I can be male or female at will. I have some magic sensing ability. I can use my seduction abilities to lure people places. I have a lot of experience with tormenting damned souls - mostly sexual torment, but I think I can easily adapt to other methods. I've spent enough time Mortalside to be generally familiar with the area. I've met some people in AMEN, but haven't joined yet. I'd mention here the raid I'm doing to steal artifacts from a rival devil, but that plot is in another thread and moving very slowly.

"Most importantly, Paris, you'll get someone who is motivated to succeed so I don't ever have to go back to my old job. It's possible you have some task to do that's worse than having sex and making babies, but I can't think of what it might be."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #586

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Sss...you would deny me my fun, Vizek?" The zern sighs and steps back, dismissing the fire. "Fine. Fine. Go ahead and do whatever it iss you wissh to do."
    [Cyan Beach]

"Fun?" Vizek growls, "No, I was simply going to attempt to read her mind." Yes, apparently Vizek can tell pit lords genders apart. Then again, who was surprised?

"Try your best. I won't give you anything!" The demon insists with a hiss.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Forest]

Calvin runs through the woods, having finally caught sight of a deer now he just has to bring it down. The drug he took makes the world seem to blur by as he chases it, a small growl in his throat. He doesn't seem to have any trouble following the deer who is doing its best to get away from him. Eventually he slams his shoulder into it sending it crashing into a tree. He jumps onto it before it can regain its footing. He snaps it neck stopping it's struggles.

He grabs the carcass and throws onto his back and starts to run back to the clearing where he had prepared for the fire which he quickly lights when he gets back. While the fire gets bigger and bigger he starts to throw powders onto the fire causing it to flare and change color.

He sets up a pan and kettle in the fire, ignoring the intense heat. He brews a tea using one of the pouches of herbs. He walks over to the deer and looks down at it for a bit. Then holding his hand in front of him a piece of metal starts to emerge out of the palm of his hand, where he is scared. Now it is easy to see why, the metal is sharp on both sides and easily a foot long sticking out, with more still in his arm. He uses it to open up the deer and carving out it's heart. After shoving the blade back into his body, he takes the bloody heart and rubs it with several more herbs and powders before throwing it into the pan to cook it for a bit.

As he eats the meat and drinks his tea several powerful drugs start to course through his body. Even the smoke from the fire. He closes his eyes trying to let the drugs take over.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Three possibilities then. The wife did it and was very much an actor. Trust me, people can lie about just about anything." Reinholdt mulls.

"Alternatively, he may have been seeing a mistress and never told the mistress he was married. She may have flipped out when she found out he was."

"Worst case scenario is that he's innocent and someone had a case of mistaken identity and stabbed the wrong person." That makes things hard.

"My best recommendation would be to find out from his wife and son who his friends are and where he was spending his time. Talk to his friends mostly. Your goal should be to find the mistress at this point, if there is one."
    Okay. Melody smiles. Thanks. Hope you have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    He chuckles at this.

"Well that sounds just great to me. I was worried you wouldn't have anything at all." He says with a wink.
    Yes, I was sure you'd like the idea. she waits until he finishes eating, then will collect the plates.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

He grins at her, while he wouldn't mind he knows pushing her wouldn't be a good idea, and he doesn't mind waiting.

"Swimming in normal clothes is just annoying."

Oh yeah he was never suggesting she should take up skinny dipping. Nope, of course not why would any one think that.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Reinholdt has a brief quizzical look, before nodding.
    "Yeah. Thanks. I'll get going. Good seeing you again and best of luck." Reinholdt says before turning to leave.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

He grins at her, while he wouldn't mind he knows pushing her wouldn't be a good idea, and he doesn't mind waiting.

"Swimming in normal clothes is just annoying."

Oh yeah he was never suggesting she should take up skinny dipping. Nope, of course not why would any one think that.
    I guess I'll just have to go to Riverside and buy a proper swimsuit.

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Reinholdt has a brief quizzical look, before nodding.
    "Yeah. Thanks. I'll get going. Good seeing you again and best of luck." Reinholdt says before turning to leave.
    Thanks for coming by, Reinholdt. I miss you. she walks with Reinholdt toward the door. And thanks for helping.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Of course."

"Well, I'd better get going before the kids see me or I'll be late." Reinholdt says, turning pink and lifting off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

"And you can use the one you have till you get one right?"

He is obviously enjoying himself.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Of course."

"Well, I'd better get going before the kids see me or I'll be late." Reinholdt says, turning pink and lifting off.
    Melody just nods, and waves goodbye to Reinholdt.

"And you can use the one you have till you get one right?"

He is obviously enjoying himself.
    Well, I guess I could. Wouldn't want to delay my lessons any longer than I have to, right?

25. - Top - End - #595
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That is what I was thinking."

He chuckles quietly.

"So dishes?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #596
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    MagForest

"No." Even as Libby attempts to side-step Mercutio, the devil moves back into her way. "Do not insult my intelligence, woman. What you are doing is protecting him. Tell me, are you in love? Mercutio sneers out the word 'love' as though it were acid on his tongue. And his words only become more and more vitrolic as he speaks. "Is that why you've changed your form? To please him?"
    Back to frowning again.
    Why'd he have to cut her off? Couldn't they have this discussion on the move?

"My form is far from static, Magtok or no Magtok. It is frequently adjusted for appeal or unsettlement, depending on which is likely to be more effective. In this case, yes, I'm trying to be appealing. No pride lost for me."
    Urgh, this was not very exciting. Libby's trying to keep her cool here and just get that irritating goat, but she's this close to calling the shovel.
    Wait, why isn't she calling the shovel? No fiend is a concern to her. Last she checked, at least. She does try to avoid them...
    "Um, hey. I'm kind of busy and distracted at the moment. Want put a rain check on...whatever this is?"

Get the goat, fade away, not have to hurt someone and cause an incident.
    Although causing an incident would be entertaining...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #597
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

"Yess, fun. Look at thiss demon, sso angry, sso determined to ressisst, sso confident that sshe will not talk..." Damon hisses at the pit lord, "It iss fun to break them. It iss fun to watch them cower in fear, to sscream for me to make the pain end..."

Oh well. He'll get to have fun torturing some other demon at some point.

"Go on. Read her mind already."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

28. - Top - End - #598

MagForest

"How very comforting it is to know," Mercutio sneers, "that Death makes an effort to look appealing to mortals. Continue your slovenly affair if you're so unwilling to take your job seriously. But if you continue to favour him and aid him in escaping his contract, then know that there will be ramifications. Your precious Godlark has more than his soul to lose."
    With that, the devil vanishes in a poof of smoke.

Dirt Road

For a few long moments, Mercutio is silent as he considers this. "That's all very tempting," he muses, finally. "Excellent merits, and I'm sure you'd make an excellent disciple. However, I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that to be worth a book. Come now, Miss Jeanne. Surely you have more to offer."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

"I helped Magtok turn a bunch of idiots at Trog's into merpeople for **** and giggles," Jeanne says, hoping that will count for something. "Wait, I can write home long enough to stall them for a fortnight, and I can work for you as a tryout during that time."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

"That is what I was thinking."

He chuckles quietly.

"So dishes?
    Jezebelle raises an eyebrow. You know, if I didn't know better, I'd say you just wanted to get me in a skimpy bathing suit. she smiles coyly, then carries the dishes out of the cottage, and heads to the barn. Derek best keep up.