New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

The Black Chapel

Thenadier nods. Of course Tobias, AS you...wish... Thenadier will then start walking away, he looks back once and then heads off, leaving Tobias alone.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Black Chapel

Tobias heads to the left, muttering to himself. If the demon has me trapped and that guy is the one to rescue me, I will be so pissed.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

The Black Chapel

Thenadier mutters the same thing as he leaves. Reaching the door.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "I find it hard to belive that anyone can really hate the water. I guess I'll just have to work hard to get her to have a good time."

He says to Estia with a shrug and a smile.
    Lyanna is clapping excitedly. Yay!! Momma, can we go swimming too?

But Estia glares at Derek. Then storms out of the wash-room.

Lyanna stops clapping. What's wrong with her? she asks, bewlidered.

[Forest Lake]

Calvin sighs thinking about continueing on to find a more private place to wash off, but tired and not to familiar with the area he says screw it and keeps heading to the lake. Once he gets almost in sight he calls out.

"Hello?"
    Calvin hears a deep intake of breath, as Hui Grunchlyn is caught by surprise. Who... who's there? She calls out in a frightened, but deeply feminine voice.

He may not be able to see, but he should definitely hear, as she stands up quickly, it sounds as if the whole lake is exploding in one giant splash.

Then again, once she's fully up, maybe he can see her over the tree tops. She's looking around anxiously, but she doesn't see anyone. If he could see past the trees, he'd see that her hands are covering herself, as she glances quickly in the direction of her clothes. She's about 15 feet tall.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-08-31 at 07:21 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #665
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Derek grimaces figuring he just said the wrong thing. Yeah it could have easily been taken the wrong way. He had meant it innocently enough. He shrugs not sure what to say to Lyanna's question. He scrubs the dishes with extra vigor.

"I would love for you to join us Lyanna. Have you ever been swimming before?"

----------------

[Forest Lake]

Calvin hadn't been trying to sneak a peak, but when she stood up above the trees he was quite surprised. He looks down at the ground before calling out again.

"Sorry it is just me, I was hoping to use the lake to wash up. Sorry to disturb you."

He isn't trying to hide at all so she should be able to spot him, and he does look to be in need of a wash. The young human, 15 maybe 16, is wearing only his shorts and has a decent amount of blood covering him. Some of the blood is his from scratches from running through the woods, the rest from the deer he had killed the night before.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #666

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    The Black Chapel

Thenadier mutters the same thing as he leaves. Reaching the door.
    Seeing nothing in the left side, Tobias explores the right.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mana Gathering]

As the group sets off from NO it doesn't take especially long until they reach an perfectly flat cliff coming out of the mountain. Some might note that there are crude carvings in the stone and that the cliff itself seem to have been worked at with tools not too long ago.

Sadly the goblin notices these things too. "Ohhh! This is primitive craftsmanship!" Jakus might be able to recognize the carvings as have been made by ogres. "Drop the stuff here, not only is this a good location to harvest mana, it have anthropological value as well!"

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

The Black Chapel

As Tobias will turn to the right of the hallway, he'll see that the very ground has been frozen. Ice glistens around the hall, and a poor priest is frozen, stuck into the wall. His face is completely torn off...it appears whatever came in here, was definitely incredibly strong and bloody. In some places the ice is dark purple, as if some spell ricocheted off it. Then, there's a strange shuffling, coming from the corner of this hall. Gah....

9. - Top - End - #669

The Black Chapel

Tobias' fox eyes aren't just really cool looking. They allow him to see really well in low light conditions, like a fox. He cautiously approaches the shuffling noise. Hey, are you a casualty or some stupid thing that's going to jump out at me?

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

The Black Chapel

It bursts out of the dark in a rage, apparently it's some thing that's going to attack him. It seems to be some kind of undead, brutally torn up and frozen in many places. It emits an aura of freezing cold. It charges toward Tobias, icy claws looking for a piece of his flesh to take. At the same time, back down the hall, a gunshot is heard, followed by another.

11. - Top - End - #671

The Black Chapel

Tobias was expecting that, so he hurls a magic dagger at the thing's head. The blade is enchanted to set what it touches on fire.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

The Black Chapel

The thing is stabbed in the head. When the dagger sets on fire, the things head bursts up in flames. Ice begins melting it down. The undead falls down to the ground, finally really dead. At the same time, Thenadier appears again, looking rather grim. We are...locked in.

Lake Lazuli

A long while away from the Black Chapel, Marciano's plans for the Spirit Engine are being carried out by the unwitting construction workers of Louv're Industries. Bulldozers smashed through the forest, and teams of loggers cut down any trees too big for the dozers. A large crane is being transported into the forest, followed by huge trucks carrying the Louv're/AMENite designed Hell drill. Smaller trucks of soldiers and construction workers drive into the forest quickly. Lastly, is a few trucks full of The Sanctum of Dust cultists. The large group had drove straight from Louv're Tower to the beautiful Lake Lazuli very quickly. As loggers and dozers cut down trees, cultists gathered around the lake and began to drain the water by opening a portal to the plane of fire and evaporating the blue waters.

Soldiers roll out of their trucks and march to the perimeters of the operation. The giant crane is set up in a few hours, and it starts lifting the sections of the large drill from the trucks. The drill is being set up on top of the now drained Lake Lazuli. The cultists now begin to assist putting the massive mecha-magical drill together with the help of the Louv're Scientists. In but a few more days, and the drill will be set up, and ready to go.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-09-01 at 03:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mana Gathering]

Surt puts down what he had carried. It looks like this will be a spot where he will harvest mana. He wondrs how long it would take. As soon as he is done he does something. "I'm just going to try something...." His left gauntlet glows at the orb part and starts to vibrate quickly. After a bit he puts raises his palm. This results in a sonar-like radar that detects life-forms within a half-kilometer area be it on land, air, water or underground. With this he should detect if anything plans to attack them. He will continue to do this while the harvest is ongoing.

[Attacked Village]

Esruc was in the area when when the village was attacked. Up in the sky he saw the flare in the direction of the village. Curious, he went in that direction on horse. He did not know the meaning of the flare so he was not in an urgent pace. Once he arrived shock was apparent on his face, the place had been attacked. He saw some corpses, sign of fighting and no signs of the living. Getting off his horse he kneels on the ground and puts a palm on the earth. For a while he concentrated. During that time his whole body looked like it was beating like a heart. They can't all be dead.... and with that thought the pulse became stronger. In that state he is able to listen to the smallest of sounds around the whole destroyed village. Hopefully he might find the breath or heartbeat of a survivor.
    Last edited by Surtr; 2012-09-02 at 10:23 PM.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

14. - Top - End - #674

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mana Gathering]

As the group sets off from NO it doesn't take especially long until they reach an perfectly flat cliff coming out of the mountain. Some might note that there are crude carvings in the stone and that the cliff itself seem to have been worked at with tools not too long ago.

Sadly the goblin notices these things too. "Ohhh! This is primitive craftsmanship!" Jakus might be able to recognize the carvings as have been made by ogres. "Drop the stuff here, not only is this a good location to harvest mana, it have anthropological value as well!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Mana Gathering]

Surt puts down what he had carried. It looks like this will be a spot where he will harvest mana. He wondrs how long it would take. As soon as he is done he does something. "I'm just going to try something...." His left gauntlet glows at the orb part and starts to vibrate quickly. After a bit he puts raises his palm. This results in a sonar-like radar that detects life-forms within a half-kilometer area be it on land, air, water or underground. With this he should detect if anything plans to attack them. He will continue to do this while the harvest is ongoing.
    [Mana Gathering]

It's worth noting that as before leaving Kuko would have played a weight reducing song to decrease the weight of Jakus' load. "How should we begin setting up Ms. Jyallan?" he asks the anthropologist-magician-scientist.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #675
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cyan Beach]

Vizek gives Damon a odd look. He did no like what the Zern was saying one bit, had this alternative version completely lost it?
    "We need to talk about that later." The dragon replies before he presses his his claw against the pit lords head who just laughs manically. "You will never smufff-"

Vizek silences the demon by pressing down it's head in the sand as he closes his eyes and seem to concentrate deeply.

After a few moments the dragon turns to face Damon, "I think they're planning to... turn a great deal of mortals into demons." He sounds unsure and very worried, this was not what he had expected at all.
    "Ssoundss about normal for demonss, doessn't it?" Hardly pleasant news, but Damon doesn't look particularly concerned. "I take it we're going to sstop them then? Or do you reckon we need to call in backup, or ssomething?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mana Gathering]

Jakus will pick the two short statured individuals off of his back and place them on the ground, before lowing the large trunk he was carrying on his back. After it's off his back, he frowns at the carving, "It's a circle that says Fight Ring. That doesn't particularly seem good."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-03 at 08:22 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Derek grimaces figuring he just said the wrong thing. Yeah it could have easily been taken the wrong way. He had meant it innocently enough. He shrugs not sure what to say to Lyanna's question. He scrubs the dishes with extra vigor.

"I would love for you to join us Lyanna. Have you ever been swimming before?"
    Jexebelle starts to run out of the room after Estia. You two stay, please. I'll talk to her.

At Derek's question, Lyanna shakes her head no. Estia was right. Until today, Momma's always been afraid of the water, barely getting onto rafts.

She looks toward the door. Is Momma mad at Estia?

[Forest Lake]

Calvin hadn't been trying to sneak a peak, but when she stood up above the trees he was quite surprised. He looks down at the ground before calling out again.

"Sorry it is just me, I was hoping to use the lake to wash up. Sorry to disturb you."

He isn't trying to hide at all so she should be able to spot him, and he does look to be in need of a wash. The young human, 15 maybe 16, is wearing only his shorts and has a decent amount of blood covering him. Some of the blood is his from scratches from running through the woods, the rest from the deer he had killed the night before.
    Image:
    Spoiler
    Show

You're.... not going to.... attack me? she sounds genuinely frightened, and if he could see her face, he'd see it in her eyes as well.

There is a rustles of branches. Don't look. she demands. And the swishing noise of someone drying off can be heard.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-09-03 at 02:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Well you should come with us, I can teach you as well. I love swimming, and being on the water. Which is good since I live on a boat. Maybe seeing me enjoy it so much made her want to try it out.

And I'm sure she isn't mad at Estia."

-------------------------------

[Forest Lake]

"No I don't want to attack anyone, just hoping to wash up.

And I won't look till you tell me it is OK."

He keeps his eyes planted on the ground in front of him. He is surprised to hear the fear in her voice. He figured a giant like her wouldn't be that easily frightened.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Lyanna smiles brightly as she's invited to go swimming. Can we play with the dolphins too? They're so pretty. I love to watch the play out there. Momma says they're dangerous. But Melody says they protect us from the sharks.

She pauses, a question coming to her. What's a shark?

{Forest Lake}

The storm giant says nothing more as she dries herself off, and then the sound of her getting dress can be heard. Maybe Calvin can feel her watching him the whole time.

After a couple minutes, she can be heard to take a few steps away. I'm done now. There's tension still in her voice, but it's less fearful now. How'd you get so bloody? Are you a murderer?

20. - Top - End - #680
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Maybe once you are a good swimmer we can go try and play with the dolphins. They are very friendly, but they are usually out in the deeper water. Though maybe we will get lucky and they will join us.

Sharks are a type of fish, they are big and eat other fish in the ocean. Dolphins don't really like them, but they aren't really dangerous around people."

Derek always thought Sharks were pretty cool looking as well. And he was used to dolphins swimming alongside his boat from time to time as well.

---------------------------

[Forest Lake]

Calvin does sense he is being watched, but he doesn't look up until she says anything. Then he starts to walk over to the lake himself. When she asks him if he is a murderer he blinks a few times. Nope he is going to skip anwsering that question right now.

"The blood is from a deer. Well a few scrapes were mine, but most of it was the deer. I didn't mean to scare you. Just didn't want to walk back to the city looking like this. I didn't expect to find anyone out here."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Yay!! I'll work really hard then! Lyanna says. She moves a stool to where Jezebelle was standing, and begins washing the remaining dishes.

[Forest Lake]

The giantess lays down. I can understand. You looked quite a mess. Must have been one heck of a struggle. I hadn't realized any humans came this far from the city. I try to avoid them, when I can.

My name is Hui Grunchlyn. Yours?

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's about 15 feet tall, as said before. Just like the image, she has light green skin, but her long hair is more a turquoise than dark green. And she has yellow eyes, that almost make her look albino.

She is dress in a long flowing blue dress, with no armor, and no weapons. She does have a small bag though. So who knows what is in that.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-09-03 at 04:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Good. Maybe sometime when your Mom wants to we can all go out onto my boat sometime. Dolphins like to swim with it sometimes, not to mention other creatures that live in the sea. Have you ever seen a Mermaid before?"

-------------------------

[Forest Lake]

"Yeah the hunt was more difficult then a normal one.

And I came out here to get away from other people as well. Sometimes it's nice to be miles from anyone else. Hope you don't mind my intrusion.

I'm Calvin Witt. Pleasure to meet you Hui."

Calvin makes his way to the edge of the lake and starts to rinse himself off, not stripping down to wash off, but just scooping water up and scrubbing away the blood.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Mermaids? Up close? Lyanna stops washing, in awe of seeing a mermaid. They sing so beautifully.

Just then, Jezebelle comes back in. Well, Estia's still a bit upset. she leans closer to Derek, to whisper into his ear. She feels you're trying to replace her daddy.

{Forest Lake}

You can take a proper bath, if you'd like. I won't watch. Hui rolls over, looking up at the sky. You're different from most humans I've met. But maybe..... she stands back up quickly, which creates a small tremor. Are you trying to trick me? she says, breathing heavily.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village

Esruc may note that there's far less bodies than a settlement of this size would suggest. Maybe it was going into decline, or had been besieged a while. None of the bodies are under fifteen, and most are over forty.

Esruc will discover the heartbeat of somebody near the wall. They're male, human, and has several broken bones, including his femur poking from his leg. There's a gash in his scalp and a large bruise rising; Esruc might realise that the poor chap was on the wall and got hit by a club in the face, causing him to fall off. The attackers didn't even bother to check if he was alive or not; they just abandoned him to his wounds. He wouldn't make enough money to repay the cost of healing him on top of food, water, training and travel. Cheaper to leave him behind.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"I don't know where any mermaids live around here, but I would be surprised if they weren't around not to far. I'm sure we can find some for you to visit. If your Mom says it's OK.

He keeps the frown off his face when she whispers in her ear and nods.

"Do you think it would help if I talked to her?"

He doesn't know what he would say, and he is a bit afraid he might make it worse, but he would give it a shot.

---------------

{Forest Lake}

Calvin frowns a bit, and shakes his head.

"No. Honestly I didn't expect anyone to be here. If I knew of another lake around I would have turned around left when I heard you signing."

He sets down a small satchel he was carrying, with his shirt and shoes on the shore before slipping into the pool with his shorts still on. He isn't bold enough to swim naked around other people.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #686
    Pixie in the Playground

[Attacked Village]

As soon as the heartbeat is detected Esruc will rush to the location. He then spots the man and his condition. Feh! I'm a Landsneckt not a Medic. I can at least numb the pain, hope he'll talk. Meds are not cheap.

He approaches the wounded man and leans over him. He then takes out a small pouch from his belt bag. He sprays the contents over the injured man. The Medica II should heal all the wounds except the broken bones and he femur poking out, pain should also momentarily subside. "You, wkae up! Tell me what happened here."
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"I don't know where any mermaids live around here, but I would be surprised if they weren't around not to far. I'm sure we can find some for you to visit. If your Mom says it's OK.

He keeps the frown off his face when she whispers in her ear and nods.

"Do you think it would help if I talked to her?"

He doesn't know what he would say, and he is a bit afraid he might make it worse, but he would give it a shot.
    No. But thanks. I think it's best if I talk to her more, later.

Unless McBish wants to do more, the three of them finish washing the dishes. Afterwards, Jezebelle begins making the soup Derek had just yesterday, while Lyanna goes outside and plays with the villager children.

{Forest Lake}

Calvin frowns a bit, and shakes his head.

"No. Honestly I didn't expect anyone to be here. If I knew of another lake around I would have turned around left when I heard you signing."

He sets down a small satchel he was carrying, with his shirt and shoes on the shore before slipping into the pool with his shorts still on. He isn't bold enough to swim naked around other people.
    Do you normally get so bloody when you hunt? Hui says, lowering herself back down into a cross-legged sit, her back still to him. A very vulnerable position. If he looks, Calvin may notice that she's tense, and her head is turned slightly toward him, so she can hear his movement.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"OK, sounds good."

He can't help but sound a bit relived to avoid the conversation with Estia. And when they finish up dishes he will lean over to give Jezebelle a kiss. Then says he has to run to his boat to take care of some stuff really quick.

---------------------

[Forest Lake]

"I don't hunt all that often, and I didn't have a bow or anything."

He washes quickly scrubbing away the blood and dirt before climbing onto the shore and putting on his shirt and laying down in the grass to dry off a bit.

"You can look now."
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-09-04 at 06:13 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #689
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village

"A... Caravan, rolled up. We let them in, wish we hadn't. Ogres attacked the walls, the guards went... to stop them. The caravan... Gnomes, and humans. Pulled of the wagon covers... Slavers, took them they could sell... Killed those they couldn't, left me... For dead. Your bedside manner... Terrible." The guard smiles as he says the last. He hasn't looked at his leg, yet; Esruc should either try pushing the bone back in and bandaging it to take him somewhere he could survive, or kill him. If he's left like this, he'll die of infection unless starvation, thirst or exposure don't get him first.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

[Attacked Village]

Took people? Feh, Slavers! "Look I can help you live but it will be hard and painful or I can give you painless death. Which do you want? Either way I need to know where that caravan went, I've no love for slavers and I mean to free those that were taken. So before you make your choice can you tell me anything of use." Esruc's face was dead serious as he looked the severely injured man on the face.

Spoiler
    Show