New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Forest's Edge

The hellfire whip fades away, seeing as Connie was expecting for Mimi to be very unconscious.

"What, you still going? Ha ha ha!" Connie moves forward a bit, wondering how to beat the fairy next...

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"Pfft. You think I'm gonna let you take me down?" The pixie snorts, though she's having a hard time catching her breath. Ugh, she hurts. Even so, she shorts forward to feint a punch to her head, but really trie to knee her in the chest.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

That feint? It works beautifully. Connie doesn't see that knee coming at all and is almost knocked down.

"AARGH! I'M NOT GOING TO FALL TO A HALF PINT LIKE YOU."

She accompanies this with a haymaker.

"UNLESS YOU GROW SOME FANGS, FLITTY, I CAN JUST WAIT FOR YOU TO PASS OUT AND THEN RIP OUT YOUR WINGS!"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-09-11 at 04:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Reinholdt. He's a cat.... sometimes. He helped me get away from my ex, and gets along with the girls really well. I'm sure they'd behave with him around.

She takes a taste of the soup, and nods her head. She then offers him the laddle to sample.
    "Sounds like quite the cat. Hopefully I get a chance to meet him. Hopefully I will be fine with the girls by myself."

He leans in to taste the soup.

"Mmm, that is tasty."

[Forest Lake]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Four out of five hundred and fifty three. Not very good averages. Oh, five now. she gives Calvin smile. That's still not even one percent.

She sits up, crossing her legs. So Calvin, what do you do, when not hunting deer weaponless?

"I would have given up counting a long time ago."

But he smiles to be counted one of the few nice people. He hopes she never sees him do something taht will change her mind.

"I work with my uncle, I help him out with security. Other then that I like to read a lot."
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-09-11 at 08:35 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #755
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Attacked Village- Canyon

There's no shots fired as Esruc scales the cliff. Atop the cliff is a small area of woodland, with lots of ground cover. It will be hard to see the gnome; he's hiding under a brown cloak with dead leaves sewn to it under a bush, and he's a practised woodsman. He can be found, however, especially through superhuman senses, inhuman senses or a very experienced tracker used to deciduous woodland.
    Esruc is experienced as a woodland explorer but not a tracker. He'll use the same ability he used in the village to search for the assailant. If and when found he will rush up to the hiding spot after coating his sword in Black flame with one of his items.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

6. - Top - End - #756
    Barbarian in the Playground

Miles from the MagCave, But Not Many

"Goat! Hey goat! It's Magtok! Goooooat!"

Still refusing to name the animal, I see. You know, you wouldn't be in this situation if you just made some token effort to tolerate the stupid animal, Magtok. If Magzy was given the slightest quantity of compassion and leniency, you'd know where he was, and if you knew where he was, you wouldn't be foolishly charging into the dangerous and unpredictable Nexus wilderness with a megaphone held up to your face.

"GOAT! I FOUND A USE FOR YOU! COME BACK!"

Make no mistake, none of that means he likes you, though! You're an awful eating machine, he'll never care about you, Magzy!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #757

Miles from Magcave

"You know, you could take some actual pride in the hunt, rather than act like a buffoon. Just a suggestion." Riding on a pure white stag, a woman in a breastplate and helmet with a leather skirt appears to be standing quite a distance above Magtok's head on a moonbeam, bow strung over her shoulder and spear dangling from her fingertips. Artemis does not look pleased to be here.

"Can we hurry this up? I'm only here because I owe a favor to the drunken lout and he says he's too busy to deal with you personally. What is it you need?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi just laughs, and even manages to mask that it hurts when she does so. She ducks under the demon's swing with ease and aims a few rapid punches at her midriff. "You're so slow! How do you hit anything?"

9. - Top - End - #759

Miles from Magcave

Magtok lowers the megaphone and frowns. He doesn't seem any happier to see Artemis here, either. What is with deities and their constant harassment of Maggy these days?

"I'm looking for a stupid animal that Zeus decided to have explode right out of my forehead a month or two ago. I don't see why either of the two drunken louts would give two oboloi would care about any of that, though."

Again with the willful ignorance, Magtok? Still trivializing Zeus even after Dio's earlier warning back in Riverside? You should know that you're just setting yourself up for trouble that way, cyborg.

"And I'll take pride in the hunt later, when I'm actually hunting something. This? This is just idiot baiting. The stupid thing couldn't be made to leave me alone before, I'm sure it'll come running back soon enough."

I think you're mixing up Magzy with Linda, cyborg.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

"Shut up!"

She swings again. As she continues to talk, she continues to throw untrained attacks.

"I've hit you some! And I regenerate, unlike YOU! I can go all day. You have a limit!"

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"Not if I knock you out." Mimi says as she moves out of the way of the latest swing. Immediately following her dodge, the pixie lunges upward to slam her elbow into Connie's chin. Boy it felt good to have a challenge, even one that's not quite up to her standards.

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Miles from Magcave

Magtok lowers the megaphone and frowns. He doesn't seem any happier to see Artemis here, either. What is with deities and their constant harassment of Maggy these days?

"I'm looking for a stupid animal that Zeus decided to have explode right out of my forehead a month or two ago. I don't see why either of the two drunken louts would give two oboloi would care about any of that, though."

Again with the willful ignorance, Magtok? Still trivializing Zeus even after Dio's earlier warning back in Riverside? You should know that you're just setting yourself up for trouble that way, cyborg.

"And I'll take pride in the hunt later, when I'm actually hunting something. This? This is just idiot baiting. The stupid thing couldn't be made to leave me alone before, I'm sure it'll come running back soon enough."

I think you're mixing up Magzy with Linda, cyborg.
    Miles from Magcave

"Yes, a cunning plan. Except for the fact that the goat is up on Mount Olympus under Zeus' thumb. Did you not pay any attention at all when Dionysus delivered all those clones? Zeus found out that Magzy, which is apparently what he's calling the thing, takes in nearly as much worship as he does, and feels he's entitled to some of it. He's not letting the blasted goat away from his throne so long as he's there, not even to bathe away its stink." And boy has it ever acquired a reek after this long sitting next to the celestial throne without so much as a scrubbing.

"So how do you plan to bait an idiot that's already caught?" The huntress asks with a smirk.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

Connie is successfully staggered, almost falling on her back, and makes a blind swing.

"You can't knock me out, weakling!"

14. - Top - End - #764

Miles from Magcave

Magtok shrugs, tosses the megaphone aside, and pulls a set of sunglasses over his eyes. A black suit and hat suddenly appear to match it. Seems Magtok hasn't quite gotten the Blues Brothers movie out of his system, even after that awful disaster with Julie that threw so much into disarray.

"Was paying more attention to the goat clones than to Dio, no. So I'll just have to fly on up to Olympus and lead him back to the MagCave, then."

Magtok starts moving on towards what he's pretty sure is the direction Mount Olympus is in, as if it isn't a big deal at all to go breaking into the home of the gods to steal back your goat or something. Just an ordinary Tuesday evening for our Maggy, right?

"Why is everyone asking me that stuff lately, by the way? 'How do you think you're going to do this? How are you going to do that? What in your fevered mortal brain makes you think I'll even let you succeed in such a thing? Oh noes how did you do that?!'

It's getting really annoying now, y'know? Like I've never done anything special before or something. There's totally no precedent for Magtoks doing amazing things, no sirree! No immortality here, no punching eldritch monstrosities in the face over there, and certainly no apocalypses or cancer beams or duels with dragons, oh not at all! He's just a bog-standard humie with an ego and a couple of double-A batteries, don't pay him any mind!"

He shakes his head, grumbling as he leads the way.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #765

Miles from Magcave

"If you're asking why we ask you, I honestly couldn't tell you. I can speak for myself though. I've met perhaps a dozen people who've had a good shot at challenging the gods, and every time I wonder how their minds work. The motivation, the why, is easy, but finding out how holds endless fascination to me. After all, you've chosen to hunt something far more dangerous than most others would dare. Would you really begrudge me asking for your techniques?" She suspects he would, as grumpy as he seems to be at the moment.

"Anyway, Zeus is out at the moment, and Dio wants to accommodate you for whatever reason, so I can bring the goat to you so long as you promise not to implode him so that I can put him back after you're done. Sound better than trying to raid Mount Olympus?" She may have her doubts about how successful that particular venture would be, but she knows that it would be destructive, and she lives there some of the time, so she's not hesitating to offer Magtok an alternative.

16. - Top - End - #766

Miles from Magcave

"Have you ever heard the saying, 'A good magician never reveals his secrets'? It counts double for when you haven't even gotten up on stage yet. Loose lip sink ships, and the S.S. Magtanic is a shoddy enough patchwork piece of trash as is. I don't tell anyone because that ruins the surprise, because it takes the magic out of Thanksmas, and leaves everyone either bored out of their skulls or six steps ahead of me before I even get started."

Magtok shakes his head, and then stops floating towards Olympus.

"If it's easier for you that way, go get the goat. I don't have any intention of imploding the thing. At least not until after I'm done with the big guy, I mean. Oh, and try to get front row seats for that. I mean to televise it, but you know how things are with electronics when lightning gods are about..."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"Bet I can~!" She says in a sing song voice. Dodging that wild swing is almost too easy. She feels invincible! The pixie presses the attack, closing in for a couple jabs at the face and maybe a kick to the torso if she can manage it.

18. - Top - End - #768

Miles from Magcave

That last part gets a smile from Artemis, brief and secretive, "The Fates will be watching of course. I'm sure it's all they'll talk about for ages to come no matter the result. One moment then, and I'll have the goat here. I hope whatever you're planning involves a hose." Artemis pats the neck of her steed and it wheels about, running up the shaft of moonlight as if it were as solid as a granite slope.

Magtok will be left alone for nearly a half an hour before she returns, hauling a short length of chain attached to a welded iron collar with thick gold plating.

In the collar, obviously, is Magzy. Magtok may not recognize his erstwhile son though, as the goat has grown to about the same size as a bull moose, its fur more than three feet long in places.

The goat is looking rather happy for a chance to stretch its legs, trotting along behind Artemis with a bounce to its step, but when it sees Magtok there's obviously some dim recognition in its eyes, and before she can rein it in the godly goat has broken its thick chain and is barreling towards its cyborg mother like an enthusiastic freight train.

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!!!!"

19. - Top - End - #769
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

"No you can't, oof Idiot! ack You're trying to kill me ow with a thousand cuts ow but none of them do nf enough to-whoof

All the attacks land squarely, and Mimi does get that kick in. Connie stays standing, but takes several steps back and is now holding her arms in front of her face.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Sounds like quite the cat. Hopefully I get a chance to meet him. Hopefully I will be fine with the girls by myself."

He leans in to taste the soup.

"Mmm, that is tasty."
    Jezebelle nods again, proud of herself. I'll call the girls. and with that, she places two fingers in her mouth, and gives a sharp whistle.

A moment later, both girls have arrived, Lyanna smiling, and Estia with a puffy red face. Yes Momma. They say together.

Estia, Lyanna, Derek has kindly offered to take you shopping for new bathing suits. What do you say to him?

Lyanna jumps once, then runs over to wrap her arms around him. Thank you Mister Derek! she squeels with delight.

Thank you, Derek. Estia says. She smiles, slightly. But there's no real happiness there.

Now go wash up and put on you best dresses. and both girls run off. It'll take them a little while. Will you help me carry the kettle to the village? she makes as if to lift one side of it.

[Forest Lake]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "I would have given up counting a long time ago."

But he smiles to be counted one of the few nice people. He hopes she never sees him do something taht will change her mind.

"I work with my uncle, I help him out with security. Other then that I like to read a lot."
    Miss Grunchlyn blushes slightly. I... I can't help it. The numbers, they just come to me. Naturally. I was a teacher, back home. But I wanted to see the world, and now I can't find my way back.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #771
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"Your welcome."

Derek smiles and pats/ruffles Lyanna's hair when she hugs him. While he notices the lack of true happiness in Estia's smile he is glad she is at least prentending to be ok with him. He watches them run off before going to help with the pot of soup.

"So where does one go swimsuit shopping around here."

----------------------

[Forest Lake]

"Sorry to hear that. If you ever make your way into the city you might be surprised though, the people there are nicer, or at least generally more accepting of people different from themselves. Maybe you could find someone there that could help you. A mapmaker or something."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"Hah! Only a thousand? I must not be trying hard enough!" Mimi goes low this time. She levels a few punches at Connie's stomach before steping back and kicking at the knee she'd already kicked earlier. The pixie is showing signs of slowing, but she'll push herself until she collapses if she has to.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

It appears to be that Connie has been overestimating herself, as she finally falls down. However, the leg that was supposed to have been weaker doesn't crack or torque at all... it's all better by now.

Connie, suddenly finding herself on the ground and honestly lacking any idea what's been going on for a while now, simply stays on the ground for a moment...

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village- Canyon

Esruc locates the gnome beneath his bush and cloak of dead leaves. When the gnome sees him charge, he doesn't panic. Not immediately, anyway. First, he fires his dart gun with another tranquilliser dart at Esruc.

If it misses or doesn't have any effect, then he'll panic.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #775
    Pixie in the Playground

[Attacked Village- Canyon]

Esruc Was already expecting the dart already since he didn't miss seeing the one that hit his horse thus the black flame. He put the sword in front of him and the dart melts away. Once close enough he will slash at the bush. The properties of the black flame are as follows: It loves to burn even those with lots of water in it that doesn't burn, Esruc can't be harmed by it and he can see through it, lastly he can make the flame stop after a awhile should he want to as making the flame burn continuously consumes Esruc's stamina.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

26. - Top - End - #776
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village- Canyon

"AAH!" The gnome's startled out of the bush, running as fast as he can away from the burning bush. He's abandoned his rifle, and forgotten the silenced pistol slapping against his thigh. He could be caught easily; his legs aren't very long.

The gnome has a big, bulbous nose, large ears and short dirty blonde hair. He's wearing green trousers, a matching shirt and a coat designed for an angler, with patches of different greens, browns and greys. On his feet are green leather hobnailed boots.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #777

Miles from Magcave

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Miles from Magcave

That last part gets a smile from Artemis, brief and secretive, "The Fates will be watching of course. I'm sure it's all they'll talk about for ages to come no matter the result. One moment then, and I'll have the goat here. I hope whatever you're planning involves a hose." Artemis pats the neck of her steed and it wheels about, running up the shaft of moonlight as if it were as solid as a granite slope.

Magtok will be left alone for nearly a half an hour before she returns, hauling a short length of chain attached to a welded iron collar with thick gold plating.

In the collar, obviously, is Magzy. Magtok may not recognize his erstwhile son though, as the goat has grown to about the same size as a bull moose, its fur more than three feet long in places.

The goat is looking rather happy for a chance to stretch its legs, trotting along behind Artemis with a bounce to its step, but when it sees Magtok there's obviously some dim recognition in its eyes, and before she can rein it in the godly goat has broken its thick chain and is barreling towards its cyborg mother like an enthusiastic freight train.

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!!!!"

"Aaaaaaaaugh!"

Magtok immediately retreats upwards. Oh ****ing **** ****, please don't say the goat knows how to fly. Or climb trees for that matter, tree-climbing out here would be pretty bad, too. The last thing Magtok needs is to be accidentally gored to death by a gigantic divine goat.

"What the double-****ing monkey **** have you guys been feeding it?!"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #778

Miles from Magcave

Thankfully Magzy hasn't sprouted wings or magical flight powers quite yet, although it does bounce around on its hooves like a hyperactive kid, landing with a heavy thud each time, "Ambrosia tends to do that to divine beings. The goat doesn't really have anything to expend the excess power on without a domain of its own, so it just keeps growing as the power builds up." She doesn't mention that there's no hard limit to how large a god with no way of venting their power can get. If Magtok is this freaked out by Magzy at his current size, he probably won't take kindly to the mental image of it when it reaches the size of Typhon or other similarly legendary beasts.

The goat stops jumping long enough to bleat once more, "MAAAAAAAG?"

29. - Top - End - #779

Miles from Magcave

"...Right. Of course. Because obviously that's a perfectly sensible thing to do with a goat."

Magtok reluctantly descends, intent on patting the awful thing on the head whilst trying to keep himself and his clothing as far away from the stupid beast as he can. After that, he reaches into his robes for a pair of razor-sharp obsidian shears, hoping the thing's fur isn't completely unstoppable. Laser shears are next, if the previous set is ruined in an instant.

"M'afraid washing the animal isn't on my agenda, ma'am. You're free to do whatever you think you can get away with when I'm done, though. From the looks of things, I won't be taking very long, either."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Forest's Edge

It appears to be that Connie has been overestimating herself, as she finally falls down. However, the leg that was supposed to have been weaker doesn't crack or torque at all... it's all better by now.

Connie, suddenly finding herself on the ground and honestly lacking any idea what's been going on for a while now, simply stays on the ground for a moment...
    [Forest's Edge]

If Connie's still sitting up, Mimi will try to push her on her back. Then the pixie will sit on the demon's chest and peer down at her. "Not so tough after all, huh?" She's panting, but has a big grin on her face.