New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Slaver Tracking- Canyon

"We're headed for a city. I don't know which one; our base is beneath it and I'm not allowed on the surface. As for who you're dealing with, it's Byont. A gnome who's always riding in a chair strapped to the back of an absolutely massive ogre. Never seen one bigger. But he's not with us on this raid." The gnome is lying; he does know which city. Or rather, he thinks he knows. He's got a good poker face, but can't hide his heartbeat.

((For the path, use your judgement; he knows the traps and such are there, and helped set some of them up. I don't really care what happens to the gnome; he's a disposable minion.))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek notices the frown but doesn't say anything about it. His eyes turn and scan the ocean as if he was looking for something out there.
    Silence on the boat, as the girls just watch the waves go by.

A Dolphin! Calls out Lyanna. If Derek looks back, he may see Lyanna reaching over the railing. Heeeeere Miss Swimmer. I won't hurt ya.

Estia, who wasn't looking Lyanna's way until just then, leaps up to grab at her sister, but inadvertently pushes her further over, but she does get a hold of her before she goes all the way. Help!! she screeches.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #903
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek is up on his feet before Estia calls for help, hearing Lyanna call out he started to look back. He sees her leaning over and was getting ready to help. He sees her start to go farther over and grabs a rope swinging part of the way over running the last few feet reaching over the edge to scoop them both back into the boat.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek is up on his feet before Estia calls for help, hearing Lyanna call out he started to look back. He sees her leaning over and was getting ready to help. He sees her start to go farther over and grabs a rope swinging part of the way over running the last few feet reaching over the edge to scoop them both back into the boat.
    Saved!! Derek is able to pull them back on board. Estia looks a little shaken by the experience, while Lyanna is giggling madly. That was fun! But I didn't get to touch the dolphin.

You could have been hurt, Lyanna.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek takes a deep sigh of relief seeing everyone OK. He lets his heart settle down a bit more then smiles at Lyanna.

"You do need to be care Lyanna. We can find a better time to meet the dolphins, OK? Not when the ship is moving.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

6. - Top - End - #906
    Pixie in the Playground

[Slave Tracking]

"Alright then, I believe that's enough out of you. I told you not to lie to me but twice now yer heartbeat stirred. Once when you told me of the left path and again when you told me you didn't know of where the slavers were going. Burn in hell."

Esruc made a movement to slash with his sword. If the gnome tries to stop him with being more helpful then he will stop if not then he will aim and slice the throat if the gnome then throw his corpse on the caltrops and then proceed to leave using the longer route. It may take longer but he'd rather not wade through traps. He can ride all night as well, he'll just give the horse a Bravant to keep it going. For himself he needs nothing of the sort as he has gone on five days sleepless while fighting denizens of the yggdrassil labyrinth.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Lazuli]

Hmm... gonna go with the 24 hour guideline here and skip Rebo this time cause of my limited weekend time.

A small bit of Red Mist that stayed behind will speak to Raven all the same. "Whoo! We got a live one here. Did I ever tell you how trying to possess a willful one is like riding a bronco at the rodeo? Heh. It's so good to be me."

As for Mr. Brant, Red Mist lets up just a little and talks to him one on one, mind to mind. "Relax kid. Look around. I can get you out of here alive and promise that you'll see your family again, but only if you let me in. Otherwise something here's going to catch up with you and then..." Well. I'm sure he can imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Lake Lazuli / Hell

Debris rains into Hell, including a giant spinning drill bit. This, the spellcasters were ready for. They cast a powerful spell on it, that's the magical equivalent of a tractor beam, and guide it into a lake of lava, where it can spin out the rest of its momentum while doing minimal damage. No doubt, Morgana will have it fished out later and put it to use in her Clockwork Fortress, but that's for another day.

Any mortals that are still alive when they fall into Hell will be quickly captured and put to work. Those that die will likely have their souls trapped here, even if it's not their proper afterlife. Hell is meant to hold souls, after all.

The devil soldiers will be recalled down to Hell. Those that died will return the slower, more painful way.

Given enough time, the rift between Hell and Mortalside will eventually heal and close. Such portals aren't meant to be.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #909
    Orc in the Playground

Slaver Tracking- Canyon

The gnome is killed and lies bleeding atop the caltrops.

This part of the canyon is quite straight, with few places to hide. However, eventually Esruc will find the slavers. They're camped out with their five wagons in a circle around a fire, ten larger tents positioned between the wagons and the fire. The wagons are currently covered with sheets, and atop each one sits two guards- a gnome and a human. By this time, it's quite dark, although the gnomes have better sight than humans when it's dark so might still spot him. Even if not, the humans are wearing night vision goggles.

Since Esruc is on a horse, and it's a stone floor, there's probably a good chance they can hear him coming. I don't know the acoustic properties of canyons, nor the likelihood of echoes within one, but unless Esruc wraps rags around his horse's hooves it's likely they can hear the horse shoes/hoofs against the stone long before they see him.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek takes a deep sigh of relief seeing everyone OK. He lets his heart settle down a bit more then smiles at Lyanna.

"You do need to be care Lyanna. We can find a better time to meet the dolphins, OK? Not when the ship is moving.
    Lyanna sits down, her hands clasped between her knees. I'm sorry. she pouts.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

"It's fine, just imagine how angry your mom would be if I went back and told her you feel out of my boat. I'm just glad you are OK."

He reaches over to ruffle her hair hoping to see a smile.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Lyanna does smile slightly. So... you won't tell momma? Puppy dog eyes, attack!

13. - Top - End - #913
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lost Wave]

He chuckles a bit when she gives him the puppy dog eyes. He hadn't been planning on telling her mom anyways. If she had actually fallen over then probably, but no need to worry her with close calls.

"No I don't think she needs to hear about that."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

[Lost Wave]

He chuckles a bit when she gives him the puppy dog eyes. He hadn't been planning on telling her mom anyways. If she had actually fallen over then probably, but no need to worry her with close calls.

"No I don't think she needs to hear about that."
    Thank you! Lyanna starts to hop up excitedly, but she is jerked back down by Estia.

Lyanna, stop overacting. He's not dad.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-09-26 at 09:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lost Wave]

"It's OK to have a little fun, just be careful. I may not be your dad but I hope we can still be friends."

He grabs the rope he swung over on and ties it off.

"We should be getting close."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Lyanna and Estia go back to fish watching, both being more careful now.

The sky has been clear and calm this whole time. But just as land comes into sight, the sea begins to churn, with choppy waves bouncing the ship.

Estia grabs Lyanna and pulls her down next to the rail. They're both too frightened to move any further.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Dwarf in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

"Hey why don't you two head down below deck. I bet you can find a more comfortable spot down there."

There are a couple of benches and the bed down there, plenty of places to tuck away safely till they get to the dock. Derek moves over to them offering a hand to Estia to take them to the door down.

The sudden chop seems odd to Derek, and he figures better safe then sorry.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

As Derek gets closer, Estia reaches out with one hand for his, clinging tightly to Lyanna. When he reaches her hand, she allows him to pull them to safety.

Just as the girls go below deck, the waves get bigger. Being a veteran of the sea, Derek may notice that the water is acting very pecularly, almost as if it is trying to force the boat in one specific direction, and that direction is out toward the vaster ocean.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Dwarf in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

"Why don't you guys stay down here for a bit, I'm just going to close this door for a bit."

And so he closes the door and goes back up onto the deck. Not just a veteran of the sea but also connected to the ocean in a larger sense as well. Something may be controlling the water but he whispers a soft prayer/spell to pick up the wind to give him better control of his boat.

He looks around for anything that might be the source of the odd acting water.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

The girls both look up to him, fear evident in their eyes. Estia holds her sister close, and Lyanna is crying. Shhhh. It'll be alright. she says, trying to comfort her, as she guides her down.

Up above, when Derek whispers to the wind, he may feel some resistance to this. Just as the wind begins to fall under his sway, he may feel a struggle to wrest control away from him.

Someone is definitely using magic to attack his ship. It may occur to him that in the far distance the water seems to be much calmer, as it was when they first set out.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Dwarf in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Derek frowns as he turns the ship back towards calmer waters. He doesn't like turning around, letting someone else choose his path for him. He doesn't want to get in a fight though with the two girls on his boat. He just hopes he will be able to get away from whatever is attacking them.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #922
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Mana Gathering

Kuko let's out a sharp whistle and for just a second the offending ogre may just get a face full of flitty, fluttery, flailing, brown sparrow. I say only a second because Kitcho will only do it for a second before zooming off into the sky.

Kuko meanwhile attempts to grab Jallyn by the wrist and run her away from the ogre. They are being paid to protect her after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Mana Gathering]

Since the Orges started to attack, he saw no sense in waiting for Jakus to reply. He stays his ground and fires a barrage of beams from both hands at the nearest foe. The beams should hurt like a punch and burn like touching molten steel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mana Gathering]

((Posting order my friend. Learn to utilize it ))

Jakus nearly gets fried when Surt fires the beams; he had been moving to stop the ogre that was attacking Jallyn, but stops short when fire fills the air between them, "Watch what you're doing!"
    ((Mostly I have been waiting for Harnel to return, but I guess I could post anyway.))

Mana Gathering

The charging ogre is blasted by Suet's beam and knocked backwards with a howl of pain. The others in the pack look less then pleased someone attacked their commrade and moves to sorround the group of mercenaries.

Meanwhile Kuko attempts to lift the goblin who is heavier then she looks due to her power armor. "Now, that was an unfair reaction, I- whoa!" If Kuko still can lift her, Hallyn won't be able to resist being carried away.

The others will face an tribe of angry ogres however.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-29 at 04:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mana Gathering

Kuko isn't trying to pick her up and carry her. He's actually a little shorter than most goblins, so that wouldn't be feasible. He's trying to pull her away from the fight by the wrist.

But just assuming she's firmly planted and he can't pull her, he tries to convince her to run away from the fight. "C'mon, It's not safe. They can fight while we find a place to hide."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #924

[Ancient Forest]

After leaving watchtower behind the group find themselves going further and further away from Inside and the other major cities. You're leaving behind the technological advanced cities in exchange for smaller settlements and farmland.

After a few hours Vizek will land so some of the groups more basic needs can be satisfied. Hopefully you brought lunch because this will be a long ride.

As soon as everyone is ready again the green dragon will take off once again, soon leaving even these settlements behind as you start to fly over a forest. Soon enough it becomes apparent it just isn't any forest however as the hours go by, you realize all that you can see underneath is a sea of trees. An area which can never have been touched by mortal hand with trees so tall Vizek have to fly higher just to not fly right into them.

Mist starts to creep in between the tall trees as the sun starts to settle. But as the dragon is about to look for a new place to land in this green ocean you notice a tower sticking up like a lighthouse in the distance. It has been build upon a cliff sticking out like a scar in this body of trees.

You might also notice some other signs of civilization such as a road leading up to the tower and lanterns set up along it for the weary travelers. An bastion of civilization in these endless wilds.

Damon can likely feel the presence of demons however, but not too strongly, their magic is certainly at work here, but neither he or the rest of the group can see any signs of them.

"This is it, and about time too, I was afraid we'd end up sleeping out here." These ancient misty forests don't look so welcoming after all. "Do we have a plan for attack?" Vizek asks as he slowly starts to descend towards the tower.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-01 at 04:06 AM.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Brianna frowns. "I'm not sure, to be honest. You could probably drop us at the top of the tower, right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ancient Forest]

"A top down assault could be possible, but we're likely to be spotted long before we arrive, giving them time to prepare defenses. I could hide us with my magic, but there are limits on my ability to beguile so many senses on a profound level."

So says Jacob, who is currently trying to find his spare health potions so he can hand them out if necessary.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-09-30 at 09:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927

Lake Lagoon

Picture if you will fine October morning, the first of the year in fact, the sun only just risen and the fields still cloaked with dew, the air still and peaceful in the brief intermission between the night animals going to rest and the day animals waking.

Now, add to this serene picture a sudden blinding flash of light, the skies splitting in half as several dozen tons of molten rock drop towards the earth like, well, several dozen tons of molten rock. And barely visible through the corona of burning atmosphere that trails the descending meteoroid is an odd outcropping that could, from the right angle, almost be mistaken for a building of some sort.

Boom.

The meteor slams into the lake, kicking up a wave of boiling water twenty feet high, which descends upon the surrounding countryside with a vengeance, uprooting trees and pulverizing boulders, crushing any animals unfortunate enough to be nearby to a meaty pulp and sweeping their mangled remains along.

When the aftershocks settle most of the lake is gone, either boiled away to nothing or spread across nearly a half-mile of land. The charred bones of water-dwelling creatures line the now-baked clay of the riverbed, in the center of which lies a deep crater, smoke rising up from within.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Hildur flies alongside Vizek and looks at the tower. She moves closer to the group to talk with them. "I think going in through the top is our best bet," she says.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Lake Lagoon

Picture if you will fine October morning, the first of the year in fact, the sun only just risen and the fields still cloaked with dew, the air still and peaceful in the brief intermission between the night animals going to rest and the day animals waking.

Now, add to this serene picture a sudden blinding flash of light, the skies splitting in half as several dozen tons of molten rock drop towards the earth like, well, several dozen tons of molten rock. And barely visible through the corona of burning atmosphere that trails the descending meteoroid is an odd outcropping that could, from the right angle, almost be mistaken for a building of some sort.

Boom.

The meteor slams into the lake, kicking up a wave of boiling water twenty feet high, which descends upon the surrounding countryside with a vengeance, uprooting trees and pulverizing boulders, crushing any animals unfortunate enough to be nearby to a meaty pulp and sweeping their mangled remains along.

When the aftershocks settle most of the lake is gone, either boiled away to nothing or spread across nearly a half-mile of land. The charred bones of water-dwelling creatures line the now-baked clay of the riverbed, in the center of which lies a deep crater, smoke rising up from within.
    One of the doors of the building, near-sealed with sheer heat, is given a hard pound from inside.
    Once.
    Twice.
    Thrioh hey doors enjoy your trip all the way over that way.
    Hands flickering with a dark, almost greenish haze, a strange alien girl pants.
    I think we parked it wrong...
    ((Also decided to change her to the Maid of Doom unless you wanted Doom...))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    One of the doors of the building, near-sealed with sheer heat, is given a hard pound from inside.
    Once.
    Twice.
    Thrioh hey doors enjoy your trip all the way over that way.
    Hands flickering with a dark, almost greenish haze, a strange alien girl pants.
    I think we parked it wrong...
    ((Also decided to change her to the Maid of Doom unless you wanted Doom...))
    ((Nah, Prince of Life suits him fine.

"Nooo... I'd say that looks pretty right to me." The second troll whistles in awe, peering over his friend's shoulder at the devastation they've caused. "For us at least."

Lacking a sweet avatar, simple text will have to do for describing this badest of dudes; Besides the traditional black pants and shirt emblazoned with his symbol, Agirus wears the ceremonial garb of a gladiatorial horroraiser, stitched together from the teeth and hides of fierce beasts defeated. Even his skin does not go unadorned, covered in tribal scarring patterns and brightly colored tattoos, the latter a contribution from his best pal and moiral.

The overall effect might have been considered intimidating back whenever the costume was first designed, but nowadays? It looks pretty darn tacky. Especially as some of those hides are blatantly fake.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.