New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Kuriya giggles, pulling out her harpoon gun.
    Hope they'll let us at it...
    What, you yellow? Agirus rebukes childishly, sticking his tongue out in mock insult. He doesn't grab a weapon though, 'cause retrieving stuffs from his syllandex tends to be rather hard to do sneaky-like.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Once they are away from the weird island he heads down below deck to see how the girls are.
    Not sure how far away Derek wants to be before checking on the girls, but while he's still in sight of the island (about 20 minutes away.... ish??), the boat comes to a sudden, lurching stop.

A) If he went below to check on the girls before that time,
    Spoiler
    Show
    he'll have found the girls cuddled up together, hiding in one of the closets below decks. Both of them crying silent tears.

When he opens the door(s), Lyanna will tuck her head down and hug her sister tighter. Estia will glare up at him for a moment, then recognize him and shift back to hopeful fear. Is... is it safe? she asks meakly.

Of course, this is the exact time when the boat stops.

B) If he hasn't yet gone below deck,
    Spoiler
    Show
    He may very well be tossed a little at the sudden stop. He'll also hear two fearful screams come from below deck. It was a sharp scream, so it's likely more from surprise than from being eaten alive or anything.

Either way, when/if Derek looks out to see what has happened, he'll find four tentacled arms grasping the sides of the ship, each looking to find better a hold.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

"Yeah. I just let Shroomy got at him. I think he's enjoying the exercise." Becca glances at the mushroom pokemon busy running around his foe and smacking him with a small assortment of attacks. "I bet repels work on trainers if you spray them in the eyes."

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

That manages to get a bit of a snort out of Glamdring. "I don't doubt that, Master Becca. Though I suspect the practice isn't smiled upon."

There's a pretty good chance of that, really.

And then suddenly!

"Noooo! How could you have defeated Kakuna!? We had the perfect battle plan! Bah, no matter! There's no way you'll be able to beat Metapod!"

Guess what move he has Metapod use?

Yup.

You guessed it.

Harden.

Glamdring gives a heavy sigh. Then glances curiously at Becca. "Do the toy'wI''a' moQ you use shield you from the attacks of the pokemon bound to it?" he asks curiously, pointing at the pokeballs on Becca's belt.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

Becca looks down at her pokeballs. Boy that's a weird word for them. "The pokeballs? Uh, I have no idea. They never mentioned anything like that in school." She furrows her brow, trying to think if it's ever come up. "I don't think I want to test it."

6. - Top - End - #1026

[Viridian Forest]

Literal translation would be 'slave orb'.

Isn't that nice?

Glamdring shifts uncomfortably. "I... see... I'll have to be careful with my more powerful attacks, then... It wouldn't do to catch you in the flames."

Like that fire attack he had used before? If Becca had been next to him when he had detonated it probably would have been lethal. Humans aren't built quite as sturdily as pokemon.

"Hmm... They provide personal shielding back home. It's a vital feature. I believe I know of a way to test it relatively harmlessly,"
    Glamdring reasons before closing his eyes. Eyes that begin to glow as his body fades into thick purple mist. Spine and feet and rib-cage remain armor-like ebony bones. But the rest of the pokemon's body has become insubstantial.

Vaporeon has evolved into Phanteon!

Glamdring locks eyes with Becca as he directs a pulse of mind-numbing spiritual chaos at her! Glamdring used Confuse Ray!

"Use Harden Metapod! You've got him right where you want him!" the Bug Catcher yells in the background.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [The Lost Wave]

Not sure how far away Derek wants to be before checking on the girls, but while he's still in sight of the island (about 20 minutes away.... ish??), the boat comes to a sudden, lurching stop.

A) If he went below to check on the girls before that time,
    Spoiler
    Show
    he'll have found the girls cuddled up together, hiding in one of the closets below decks. Both of them crying silent tears.

When he opens the door(s), Lyanna will tuck her head down and hug her sister tighter. Estia will glare up at him for a moment, then recognize him and shift back to hopeful fear. Is... is it safe? she asks meakly.

Of course, this is the exact time when the boat stops.

B) If he hasn't yet gone below deck,
    Spoiler
    Show
    He may very well be tossed a little at the sudden stop. He'll also hear two fearful screams come from below deck. It was a sharp scream, so it's likely more from surprise than from being eaten alive or anything.

Either way, when/if Derek looks out to see what has happened, he'll find four tentacled arms grasping the sides of the ship, each looking to find better a hold.
    Derek chooses option A heading down to make sure they weren't whisked away while he was busy talking up on deck. He is about to respond to Estia when the boat lurches to a stop.

"It's safe down here. I'll be right back."

He heads back up closing the door below behind him. He sees the four tentacles grabbing his boat. He doesn't look to happy about this. He grabs a rope swinging over to the helm where he has a crossbow waiting in a hidden compartment. He will grab that and take a shot at the tentacle arm.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    What, you yellow? Agirus rebukes childishly, sticking his tongue out in mock insult. He doesn't grab a weapon though, 'cause retrieving stuffs from his syllandex tends to be rather hard to do sneaky-like.
    [Woods]
    She decides it's time to fire a warning shot.
    Into one of the reptiles' heads.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

"Hey wait. What are you d-" Becca abruptly stops speaking when she's hit with the attack. She looks off at nothing for a moment, completely dazed. She starts standing up, but then stops when she's still crouched, looking unsure of what she's doing.

10. - Top - End - #1030

[Viridian Forest]

Eh hehehe...

Whoops!

Looks like the pokeballs here don't shield from attacks... Well. At least Glamdring knows now. Hmm they don't shield from attacks... That means they probably wouldn't trigger the inhibitor either!

He could just run away. He... would be free...

But that would mean leaving Becca alone. And... frankly he isn't sure if he wants to do that. At this point he feels responsible for her safety. Though how much of that is his own and how much is the result of being crammed into one of the human's pokeballs he isn't sure.

"Don't be alarmed, Master Becca," comes Glamdring's now rather spooky voice. "The effect is harmless. Remain calm and it will pass quickly."

"HA! You've got him now Metapod! Use Harden!"

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

Becca just stares at Glamdring for a moment, and then plops back down on the ground. She suddenly looks very dizzy. "Ugh, what the heck was that all about?"

12. - Top - End - #1032

[Viridian Forest]

"Confuse Ray," the ghostly Eeveelution replies. "An ability that plagues a foe with mental befuddlement, but otherwise causes no harm. If your... eerr... pokeballs worked like those I'm accustomed to the one you captured me with would have prevented me from using my abilities against you."

So that means Glamdring can use attacks on Becca? Not very comforting.

"I had to know for sure. If... you had been near me when I used Nova Burst it may have killed you. That means I'll have to be very careful with how I employ my abilities against more powerful foes."

He would rather avoid killing Becca if he can manage it.

"NO! Metapod!" screeches the Bug Catcher. "Well the joke is on YOU you dumb mushroom! I've got three more Metapods! GO! USE HARDEN!"

Glamdring winces slightly at the Bug Catcher's obnoxious voice and regards the boy with a look of contempt. "Would you like me to put an end to this absurd exercise?"

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ancient Forest]

Seeing the fire begin, Jacob braces his shields (which I should note are attempting to defend every party member within Jacob's line of sight, not just him), and draws his blade, in full expectation of combat.

As his helmet flows over his head and hardens itself, Jacob begins his advance.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

Becca has a bit to think about. She's barely thought twice about pokemon harming her. Pokemon are supposed to be her friends! For the moment she's glad to redirect her attention toward the bug catcher. Shoomy is looking pretty tired by now. "Yes please."

15. - Top - End - #1035

[Viridian Forest]

"Very well, Master Becca," Glamdring replies as flames begin to dance around him once again. "Recall Shroomy and I'll finish this quickly."

FWOOSH!

Phanteon has evolved into Flareon!

Good chance that a bunch of bugs with no offensive abilities will have a bit of trouble against a Fire-Type. Especially one that knows what he's doing.

"And it may be wise to use a healing potion on that creature,"
    he gestures at the Mawile. "You may not be able to capture her, but you can at least show her some small kindness."

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Ancient Forest]

As soon as Damon smashes the window the birds in the cage panics and starts to trash against the bars of their cages frantically while the zern climbs into the room.

The fire doesn't exactly do anything to calm them down either as it starts to spread across the room. As most of the room have caught fire he can hear sounds from downstairs that suggests that the towers inhabitants are now aware of him.

Outside the tower Wenomir and company should be able to see smoke rising from it and a figure opening the door of the tower. It should be noted that if they should attack, they probably have to signal Vizek who's hiding within the forest a distance away. A dragon of his size do have a few problems with stealth after all.
    It would seem everything is going according to plan then!

Wonder how much longer that will last.

Damon coats himself in black fire as well, as a precautionary measure. If something jumps him now, they'll find things getting rather hot for them. He peers inside, his eyes easily piercing the darkness as he keeps an eye for any movement. It would seem rather foolish for someone to run up through the flames, but you never know...

The fire will continue to spread downwards, though it slows down the further away from Damon it gets. So it's probably going to take a little while to flood the whole tower. Still, the highest few sections will be filled with flames quite rapidly.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

Becca beckons Shroomish over, who quickly complies. The mushroom pokemon sits down near his trainer and rests.

The girl glances at the Mawile and frowns. "I left berries." That should be enough, and she's low on potions. "Eh, whatever." Maybe she feels a bit guilty about the thrashing Mawile got. She take a potion out of her bag and tries to spray it on Mawile.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Derek chooses option A heading down to make sure they weren't whisked away while he was busy talking up on deck. He is about to respond to Estia when the boat lurches to a stop.

"It's safe down here. I'll be right back."

He heads back up closing the door below behind him. He sees the four tentacles grabbing his boat. He doesn't look to happy about this. He grabs a rope swinging over to the helm where he has a crossbow waiting in a hidden compartment. He will grab that and take a shot at the tentacle arm.
    The starboard aft tentacle recoils as it is shot with the crossbow. It then tries to smack at Derek. The general direction of where the shot came from, of course.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-10-10 at 09:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek scrambles back narrowly avoiding the tentacle as he scrambles to reload his crossbow. He heads to the bow of his ship working to avoid the tentacles. Maybe if he can find the body of the creature attacking him he could drive it away.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-10-11 at 01:38 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

As damon is waiting, there don't appear to be anyone rushing up the stairs. The zern can probably feel demonic energy being used nearby however to spy on him.

Outside Wenomir and the others can see a small group of figures gather just outside the tower as clouds quickly starts to gather just above it. Something big is definitely going on here considering the great amount of demonic energy which is being used here.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Wenomir whistles loudly to give everyone a signal to attack. Immediately after, he leaps out of his cover and charges with eye-watering speed towards the nearest demon, trying to split its skull with his axe.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viridian Forest

Mawile shifts a bit, and opens her eyes to see berries. Her large maw then arcs up and gobbles the berries down. She then picks herself up and looks at the situation.

23. - Top - End - #1043

[Viridian Forest]

Situation is as follows!

Becce is probably still pretty close to the Mawile.

Glamdring is burning the ever loving crap out of the rest of the Bug Catcher's Metapods and Kukunas. The fight doesn't appear to be terribly fair.

"Nooooo! Kukuna! You were my last hope!" the boy wails, throwing his bug catching net on the ground in frustration. "Fine! You win, you and your stupid pokemon that know offensive moves! Someday I'll show EVERYONE that Harden is the most powerful skill in the world!"

The Flareon just glares at the boy. "I believe you owe my Master compensation for this foolishness?"

"Yeah yeah..." he throws a handful of yen at Becca. "There! I hope you're happy."

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

Yen? What is this strange currency?!

Becca is just picking herself off the ground after Glamdring finished off the fight. Shroomy stands between her legs and looks warily at where all the fire had just been thrown around.

The trainer picks up the cash and stows it away in her bag. "Yeah yeah, harden is great. Whoo bug types. You can go now." Stupid bug catchers. "Oh hey, you're awake." She says, looking down at Mawile.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viridian Forest

Mawile nods. She's still hurting... she sits and then notices Shroomish. "<Can you speak with me, or am I going to have to pantomime for you, too?>"

26. - Top - End - #1046

[Viridian Forest]

The Bug Catcher slinks away utterly defeated. He may or may not get devoured by wild pokemon on the way home since all of his got knocked out.

...though one wonders how he managed to fight with them in the first place...

Meanwhile!

Glamdring has poofed back into plain ol' Eevee and is trotting over to Becca and the various pokemon talking in their absurd nonsense jabber language!

The Eevee is dead certain that this isn't a language at all. No, clearly they're just making absurd noises at each other like any dumb animal would. They're just repeating parts of the name humans gave them! So absurd.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

Yes, clearly absurd. How would that even make sense anyway? None of them even sound alike, so how would they communica-

"<I can understand you.>"

...Well then.

Becca just looks down at the two. "Wonder what they're talking about."

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viridian Forest

"<Thank goodness. You're the fist one I've run into, this place is full of the craziest things. Ah, speaking of which, why can that eevee evolve at will? That doesn't make any sense at all.>"

In response to Becca, Mawile makes a "talking" motion with her hand. It's accurate enough. She isn't paying attention to Glamdring right now.

29. - Top - End - #1049

[Viridian Forest]

"They aren't talking!" Glamdring huffs. "They're making animal noises. I'm equipped with a universal translator. If those sounds were any sort of language I should be able to understand them."

He sounds irritated.

Partly because he doesn't want to believe these creatures are anywhere near as advanced as himself.

These things are... are pets! They live out in the wild like animals!

They have no culture. No language. No history. No art. No technology. NOTHING! They resemble the pokemon of the Terran Empire in appearance alone and nothing else.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek scrambles back narrowly avoiding the tentacle as he scrambles to reload his crossbow. He heads to the bow of his ship working to avoid the tentacles. Maybe if he can find the body of the creature attacking him he could drive it away.
    Derek can hear the ship creaking as he heads for the bow. It seems the creature is trying to tear the ship in half.

As long as he doesn't touch any of them, they won't notice his movements. And when he gets to the bow, he'll have to look over the side to see where the creature is, as it's main body is underwater.

If he does, two yellowy eyes look back up at him. He may then hear the sloshing of the nearest tentacle, as it moves to grab at him.