New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Oldale Town Ruins

Mr. Scientist's name is Professor Birch. He looks pretty dead. The shoes will, in fact, fit; they're slightly science-y like that.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    No... The people I'm here for are still around here somewhere. They will reveal themselves eventually.
    [The Destroyed City]

"Oh..."

"Well, that's good right! If everyone was dead, then we'd have had reason to weep and mourn their passing! But... This can't be a safe place to raise children..."

"Will you lead these people to the Nexus so that they can settle down in a not bombed-out city or obtain the materials with which to rebuild faster?"

Valaira wants to help Zero help his people! Because Valaira loves Zero and would kill for him! In fact, she has killed for him. A whole village. Down to the last child. But that's another story that will be related in full when it comes up IC. If it comes up IC!

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

{the Lost Wave}

Estia and Lyanna continue to hide, not knowing what is going on above. It's quiet, so maybe safe.

Lyanna wants to go look. Derek could need help.

But Estia holds Lyanna tight, not letting her leave. No. We have to trust him. If we go up now, we could be putting his life in danger.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [The Lost Wave]

Derek shrugs at Reinholdt not shaking his hand.

"Yeah Jezebelle asked me to take them shopping, then hings got weird and we were attacked by that thing. Estia and Lyanna are down below. Now I figure we better just head back to the island. We could give you a lift if you were heading that way."

He seems friendly enough, no signs of aggression from him. He seems relived, hopefully his appearance will help calm the girls after the attack.
    [The Lost Wave]

"Sounds like a wise plan." Reinholdt agrees, landing on the boat and letting Derek lead the way to the cabin. No point in letting the guy get behind him, just in case this all was some very weird trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Charging uphill towards the gathered demons Wenomir and the others can see it's a rather disparate group of creatures. Many of them the demon hunter should be familiar with by now. But there is also a number of more humanoid-looking creatures there, some even dressed up in a way that makes them look very civilized, others in more fantastic accessories such as bones and furs.

Their reaction towards the group is also very mixed, some of them just stand there silently looking at the group while others actively charges against them, among them two demon-hounds. The hounds as Wenomir should remember are as large as bulls and covered in a skeletal carapace which shields everything except their eyes and mouth.

The two demons will simply attempt to ram Wenomir and Jacob one attacking each of them, using the fact they are charging downhill to their advantage. Meanwhile Vizek is have lift himself into the air and is readily approaching the scene. Hildur who isn't busy with the two hounds might notice that a few of the demon look almost like children. They don't exactly look dangerous.

Damon on the other hand is in for a surprise as the entire roof will suddenly be hit by a gigantic mass of water which quickly will cause the tower to collapse upon the Zern. Giving him only a few moments to react as the sound of the crash reaches his ears and water starts to drip through the ceiling above him, giving him a idea of what have just happened.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-31 at 02:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Wenomir keeps charging, but at the last moment he suddenly stops dead and makes a vault to his right, hopefully throwing the armored demon completely off-balance. If successful, he'll crouch and spin, trying to bury his sharp axe in the hound's leg.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    A Hill in the Forest

"Not when so many were focused on killing them, no. That fire was not provoked by my influence, because as I tried to stop it something else resisted and prevented me from doing so. Someone used the situation to go about putting forward their own goals. Not unexpected, but when those goals were the displacing and destruction of so many people, I've decided to take offense." Dio grimaces at the memory. He's put measures in place that will actually better the lives of those who were displaced, but whoever wanted them forced out of their homes was not benign.
    [A Hill in the Forest]

Cos nods, "I'd offer to help, but I need some rest. After that, I'm going to be speaking with Kate to see what I can do for the displaced. I might even be able to build a shelter," Certainly not right now though. He's worked to the divine bone, so some time to recuperate seems like a good idea.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ancient Forest]

Unlike Wenomir, Jacob isn't nearly agile enough to sidestep the attack. However, the Cunning Serpent style of combat offers a solution; the Demon's eyes are unshielded.

Right as the Demon reaches near-melee range, Jacob attempts to thrust two spikes that appear from his gauntlets directly into the beast's eyes, before the blades start bending around inside and trying to scatter the creature's brain and shred its insides into a pulpy mess.

However, the impact no doubt still hits, rather dangerously throwing Jacob off-balance. And off the ground. However, he's tough enough that he won't be seriously injured when he lands.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-11-04 at 05:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Sounds like a wise plan." Reinholdt agrees, landing on the boat and letting Derek lead the way to the cabin. No point in letting the guy get behind him, just in case this all was some very weird trap.
    Derek heads over and opens the door calling down to the girls.

"Hey girls, come on up, it's all safe now and we have a visitor."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Two pairs of eyes look up at Derek, and then slowly make their way above deck. Are you alright, Mister Derek? Lyanna tries to hug him as she approaches.

We were worried. Estia says, standing behind her little sis.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Misha's Pool

Misha is up in the open air in a second and putting her arms around Riss' waist to help her get to the shallows without more aches happening, "Maybe it's just muscle fatigue. They're not used to you working them without help, so they get tired easier, right?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #1302

[Misha's Pool]

"Yeah.. That's it." the muse said as she leaned on Misha. Even though she was in no danger of sinking, Riss still tried to hold the nereid close for the time being. It just felt nice, really. Well, aside from all the other things that are nice about holding her close, I guess. Still, the actual pull would be rather weak given the muse's reduced strength.

"I was expect-.. No. Hoping that I wouldn't run into that problem so early. Kinda.. Well, it's a bit disheartening to know just how frail I am naturally. Then again, that's the reason for getting the augmentations in the first place. Still, if I'm only comparable to a normal benchmark with them active, then.. Well, I guess that's as good of a reason as any to improve, then. Though, I suppose having respirocytes and blood surrogate would give me a bit more of an edge than a strictly normal person in my position so there is that. Can't really turn it off unless I wanted to stop my heart but I'd say it's purely beneficial in this case what with the faster cycling of oxygen in and toxins out." Riss said, working in a short explanation for Mimi.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Oldale Town Ruins

Mr. Scientist's name is Professor Birch. He looks pretty dead. The shoes will, in fact, fit; they're slightly science-y like that.
    Oldale Town Ruins

"..."

She pays a moment of silence for The Professor, removing her hat and looking downcast.

Keeping the music and sound effects at a minimum, she grabs the bricks and builds a furnace grave around the dead professor, specially designed so that the flames won't escape. Then, Alvida the pirate spits a flame into her hand, and catches The Professor on fire.

{Going off the assumption that it all goes well}, she speaks a funeral dirge in a long-lost piratical language, which sounds awfully like a ship creaking under a powerful storm at night.

{Then, after ashes are ashes and dust is dust, same assumption}, she reads the note by the shoes and tries on the shoes in place of her boots. After all, what if the only way to defeat these vile Pokémen is with the help of these shoes?

She still has her hat and the capturing ball that she found before.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-10-31 at 09:54 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Well...crap.

This wasn't really part of the plan. There's no way someone from inside the tower got above him, he'd have seen or heard or felt something. So someone has somehow dumped a ton of water above him, seemingly rather easily at that.

Not really the sort of resistance Damon had been expecting at all.

Well, he'll have time to ponder how screwed they are later, for now he has to get out of there pronto, before he gets crushed.

Which means the folks outside will get a rather nice view of the top of the tower being assaulted by masses of water while Damon, now in his winged form once more, still coated in black fire, makes a sharp exit while swearing loudly.

This might be a rather good hint to the rest of the group that things aren't quite going according to plan.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {The Lost Wave}

Two pairs of eyes look up at Derek, and then slowly make their way above deck. Are you alright, Mister Derek? Lyanna tries to hug him as she approaches.

{The Lost Wave}

Reinholdt will wait for Derek to reply, but once he does, Reinholdt will smile at the two with a "Hello girls."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

"It's too bad you aren't my size. I could get you whipped into shape faster than you can blink." Mimi grins, apparently very amused by that thought. "But you probably wouldn't like that very much." She giggles.

17. - Top - End - #1307

Misha's Pool

Misha smiles at the thought, "I think tribal pixie exercise routines are a bit too intense for her just yet. She'll have to take it slow at least until she's as healthy without her augments as a normal person her size would be. Then maybe we can see about stepping things up and moving faster if she wants to."

A Forest Near Watchtower

Bark stares passively at Vriveka as she laughs before regarding Aeia, "She seems to be happy with my suggestion. Perhaps we should go and do things in the city, like you want."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

Oldale Town Ruins

The body of the person wearing Professor Birch's badge, who's probably Professor Birch, is cremated without issue.

The shoes come with a large button marked 'B'. The leaflet is instructions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Shoes Leaflet
    To run, press B. To stop running, press B again.
    However, it won't force Alvida to run until she presses B; she can stop. It offers two speeds- Running, and stop. Or Walking and stop.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {The Lost Wave}

He hugs Lyanna back patting the top of her head.

"Ah I'm fine I'm just glad you girls are safe. Reinholdt here managed to come along just in time to give a helpful hand."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Lyanna waves and smiles at Reinholdt, not leaving her place at Derek's side.

But not Estia. Reinholdt! she runs over to hug Reinholdt.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Reinholdt hugs her back.
    "Hiii. Good to see you again. Might have a special treat for you two when we get to the island..." Reinholdt teases.

Though does take note of Lyanna's behaviour. This is new. Rein wonders how long Derek's been around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Dwarf in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

"Which we should be heading back to soon. Sorry girls we will have to go shopping some other time. You guys should be fine to hang out up here again till we get back."

He hasn't seen any sign of the monster and hopes to be quickly out of the range of the strange island he left behind.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Aawwww. The both call out together, with matching frowny faces. Stupid strange island. Estia chimes in, scuffing at the deck with one foot.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Reinholdt raises an eyebrow.
    "What strange island was this?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Dwarf in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

"There was an island not to far back from here. Someone controlled the weather to force us there. Then they sent that thing."

He doesn't say anything about it saying it was the girls grandparents. But from the way he speaks Reinholdt may be able to guess that Derek is wanting to go back to the island soon. First though, get the girls home.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Forest Near Watchtower]

"Er... Happy. Right..." Aeia doesn't seem quite convinced. "I like the going away from here plan." Away from the crazy grig!

27. - Top - End - #1317

[Viridian Forest]

HA!

Joke's on Becca!

Galmdring was already wet! So there!

The Eevee plops into the stream and begins paddling his way across. A normal Eevee swimming isn't exactly the most graceful looking thing in the world... More or less like tossing a cat into the drink and laughing as the thrash around in a panic.

Once on the other side the normally poofy fur of the pokemon is now slicked and dripping. He looks hilarious.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

28. - Top - End - #1318

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Oldale Town Ruins

The body of the person wearing Professor Birch's badge, who's probably Professor Birch, is cremated without issue.

The shoes come with a large button marked 'B'. The leaflet is instructions! However, it won't force Alvida to run until she presses B; she can stop. It offers two speeds- Running, and stop. Or Walking and stop.
    Oldale Town Ruins

Alvida puts on the sciency boots, and stows away her Pirate Boots somewhere convenient.

Just to test it out, she presses 'B', and finds herself running her way into the wall.

Then, she falls down. "Arrr. I mean, Ouch."

After a bit of practice, she gets good at it; so good that she runs out the door without hitting anything. Congratulations for her!

Now, if there's nothing else out there in the bleak world, she'll find herself running to the blue building.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

It had a mountain in the middle of it, she looks at Derek, daring him to deny it, in the shape of a fish.

Evidently, she peaked out when the girls were supposed to be hiding.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

Reinholdt rubs the back of his head. "Can't say I've seen that before around here."

Not saying it doesn't exist. Might just be that strange.
    "So what, some sort of pirate or siren type of deal maybe? Guess that's a genuine risk out here." Some island is always going to pop up and try to get boats to crash on it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast