New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 2: Halloween

"Well that was a bust. Next!" Jonah quips from his stall.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Misaat View Post
    " Excuse me. Mr Price? "
    Jamie turned. "Yeah," he said rather brusquely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" I think i overheard some people in the mens bathroom. They were laughing and saying something like "Dude did you see his face when we told him about the blood ? He really thinks it's a ghost! " i didnt catch their names though ... i think one of them was Leon? I must say im terribly sorry this pranks are really not what the RPG and movie club stand for... "

He says in an apologetic manner.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam steps out of the bathroom and heads into the main room, he doubles back and hides himself in the handicap stall, with the door that opens outward. He takes a sharpened arrow and nocks it, standing by the door, ready to barge out and shoot....

Spoiler
    Show
    If Price reaches for his gun or runs, Adam will shoulder the door open and make a called shot to either his arm or leg, respectively...
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?
    Bladecutter: We might as well, it's on the way.
    GM: "We might was well" has never been used in that way!
    Bladecutter: Well, we really don't like him...

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

She thought about sending a text, but decided against it she assumed the reason for the 'radio' silence was to cut down on any potentially incriminating texts. Besides it should be immediately obvious Mark wasn't at the door any more.

Still her heart was beating, everything was getting so tense, at any moment there could be violence in the boys room. Not that she could do anything either way, still she couldn't just stand there and any pretence of her having a vaguely normal night was gone by now. So she started moving round the dance floor, vaugely pretending to dance and looking at the edges of every mask, trying to determine if anyone was wearing a mask underneath their mask.
    Last edited by McGonigle; 2012-09-21 at 05:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kale saw Matthew talking to Price and he watched the scene unfold in case things took a turn for the worse. He was prepared to intervene if it came to it. He hoped that Jamie was the real murderer. Killing in self defense would be much easier to prove when the "attacker" had a gun.

"Michelle do you anything about Price? Was he at the last Halloween party?" Kale asked.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Semira slumps down and sits on the floor with her back against the wall, pretending to be close to passing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

"Price is coming." Adam decides to mention as he hides.
    -Odentin

Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?

9. - Top - End - #489
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Is he? Well then." Leon makes sure he is as well hidden as possible, and checks to make sure the top of his screw is still tightly sealed. Satisfied that it is, he waits.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah turns on the recording function on his phone, having deleted the last, pointless recording.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Jaime

Jaime watched the dancers around the stage, but even with the reduced number of partygoers, it was very hard to tell who might have been wearing two masks due to the constant movement and flashing lights.

Spoiler
    Show
    I may or may not have rolled a secret Wits + Composure test. *shrug* Who knows?

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Matthew try to get Jamie Price to the men's rooms.

Kale

Quote Originally Posted by savior indra View Post
    "Michelle do you [know] anything about Price? Was he at the last Halloween party?" Kale asked.
    Michelle appeared to find Kale's question strange. "Yeah, he was, like the rest of Zach's clique. Or at least, I remember he was with us outside after they... you know... evacuated the building and sent the tactical team that found Ian Keating dead."

Matthew

Jamie Price gave Matthew a suspicious look. "I'm warning you, this had better not be some kind of distraction. I'm stretched pretty thin tonight. You're coming with me, okay?"

An eye on Matthew, he headed towards the restrooms.

Adam

Of course, from inside the stall, it would be difficult to keep an eye on Jamie and make sure he did not draw a weapon. Adam would need to rely on either sound or some sort of signal from Ian's ghost.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-21 at 09:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Sure thing... "

Matthew answers as he follows Price to the bathroom.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Matthew, Adam, Leon and Jonah

Jamie Price stepped into the men's room, Matthew in tow. And stopped in his tracks, as if taken off-guard, when he found himself face-to-face with Jack Skellington about to leave the room. Their gazes met. Jamie's fingers twitched towards his gun, but he interrupted his movement and took a deep breath.

"Hello," he said after a short pause, clearly struggling to keep his voice even. "You just arrived to the party? I haven't seen you before. Can I see your face?"

Ian obediently removed his skull mask, revealing the point-blank gunshot wound under his jaw. The illusion he was projecting became less lifelike, more translucent... more ghost-like. No more tricks.

Matthew thought he heard echoing voices from within the very walls...

A panicked-sounding: What... what are you doing? Is that a real gun?
    A second voice, sounding very much like Jamie's: Your costume. Take it off. Now.
    Right. Right. Don't shoot, okay?
    Put this on now. Good. Get on your knees.

And then, the muffled sound of a gun firing.

Jamie Price drew back a step, his face turning pasty. "No... no, no," he spluttered. "I saw you die. I saw you die. I... I pulled the trigger myself... I..."

But the angry spirits of Tyler Hall were only getting started. Three more sullen-faced ghosts stepped right through the walls and took place by Ian's side. Gavin Wade in his bullet-ridden Viking costume... Nathan Rosenberg in a Dumbledore costume, somehow not looking comical at all despite his fake beard... Sophia Neveux in her angel costume, the white of her dress making a stark contrast with the blood-red stains all over it. The three of them still sported the lethal wounds inflicted to them during the Halloween Massacre. They stared at Jamie in utter silence.

Jamie pulled out his gun like lightning and fired at Ian, the detonation deafening in the small room. The bullet zipped through the ghost, then through the door of the stall where Adam was hiding, missing the archer by mere inches and finishing its course in the wall.

"Now!" yelled Allison.

Jaime, Semira and Kale

Even from the dance floor where loud music was playing, one could hear the gunshot ringing from the men's room. Michelle stiffened in Kale's arms. Most of the students stopped dancing. It was not panic yet; people were merely wondering if they had heard correctly.

Kale, for one, knew he had heard correctly.

OOC, everyone:

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative time! Roll d10+Dex+Com. (Jamie's first shot was only cinematic, not really part of the fight. Jamie has Quick Draw with firearms, by the way.)

Jamie and Allison both have Dexterity 3, Composure 3 and Fast Reflexes 2.

Jamie: (d10+8)[14]
    Allison: (d10+8)[10]

You can open your stall door as your move action for the round. I'm not drawing a battle map; suffice to say that the room is small enough to move anywhere within a single round, and range is not a significant factor for any ranged weapon.

Jaime, Semira and Kale are not in the same room, but they can join us in five rounds (~15 seconds) provided they run straight there without taking the time to do anything else.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-22 at 07:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

14. - Top - End - #494

Peeking out through the cracks between stall door and wall, Leon sees everything. His hand moves into his pocket, loosening opening the top of his screw and drawing his knife, the butterfly knife unfolding as it comes into his hand. Huh. It was Price. This is noticeably more satisfying than it should be. He draws the door of his stall open slowly, still trying to keep out of Jamie's direct sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if Leon's Quick Draw merit for knives will matter much here. If it does function, he'll also open his stall door. If not, that waits for next round.

Initiative: (1d10+5)[13]
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2012-09-22 at 08:45 PM.
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"$HIT!!" Jonah yells as the gunshot booms just feet away. "THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, MAN!?"

Jonah's scream of horror isn't entirely him just freaking out. It actually serves two real purposes.

One, if the recording shows Jamie shot first and they reacted with shock, it will add a lot more argument to them acting in Self Defense, come what may.

Two, it will distract Jamie from his friends while they try to get in close and take him down.

And now that he has the psycho's attention, it's time to not get shot. Jonah ducks down low atop the toilet to make himself harder to hit, and leans to the side so he's not in the dead-center of the stall, where Jamie would expect him to be. He holds his breath and waits to hopefully not die.

Spoiler
    Show

Good luck Jonah. At least Jamie takes a -2 dice mod thanks to your Defense, if he's close enough.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew takes out his cellphone and presses a button to start recording.

" Price ... What are you doing?! Have you gone mad!? "

17. - Top - End - #497

AssassinGuy

"Michelle, stay here! I've got a debt to pay!" shouted Kale with a feral grin underneath his mask as he charged towards the restrooms.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: 1d10 + Dex(3) + Composure(2) + Willpower (3)

(1d10+8)[13]

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam nudges the door open with his elbow as he brings the arrow back to nearly the full draw length of the bow. He raises the weapon, staring down the arrow's shaft as it reaches optimum draw length, and the clicker snaps against the bow. Adam releases the arrow, watching it fly at Price's forearm.

He aims for the flexor muscles of the right forearm, to make it impossible (or at the very least INCREDIBLY F*CKING PAINFUL) to grip anything in that hand. Namely, a firearm, though it should also prevent Price from making a fist with that hand, either.

"Stand down, Price. It's time to face justice."

Spending willpower. 13+3-3=13
    (13d10)[6][5][3][4][7][3][9][3][5][7][10][8][2](72)
    10's: (4d10)[9][3][9][9](30)
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-09-22 at 10:08 PM.
    -Odentin

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

****! Semira springs to her feet, eyes flipping wide open, and turns to charge into the room. This is it, this is it.

Under the fear and anticipation flooding her consciousness, there's a thin trickle of relief. Not Zach.

Spoiler
    Show
    I noted on the last page that Semira was waiting at the wall between the men's and women's bathrooms, precisely in case of a showdown there; will it still take five rounds to get inside?

Initiative: (1d10+5)[13]
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Dwarf in the Playground

As she heard the gunshot Jaime began moving towards the stage, well less moving, more sprinting. She knew where the microphone was from the earlier announcements. She knew the rest of the vigilantes actually knew how to fight rather than had taken a taster self defence class sometime. Well actually she hoped that the rest of the vigilantes were better at fighting, otherwise what they had just done was incredibly stupid. No she couldn't have doubts now, Adam was an olympic hopeful and Alison was also an archer.

So they had the benefits of numbers but horrific scenes were shooting though her head, after there was a reason wards were no longer fought with bows. Still at this point her priority was to make sure no one else got harmed, no more innocents. Well the RPG club weren't really guilty but still she would save the ones who weren't chasing a killer.

Spoiler
    Show
    So yeah provided they don't take the time to do anything else, or are even planning to go in that direction.
    Still the initiative tick might be important so 8 +5 = 13
    Last edited by McGonigle; 2012-09-23 at 04:23 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Restrooms

Adam's arrow flew straight and true, embedding itself deeply into Jamie Price's right arm and staining the rookie cop's nice tuxedo and suit with blood. It failed to even slow him. His eyes wild with a mixture of terror and battle lust, Jamie changed targets and fired at his attacker.

Spoiler
    Show
    (10d10)[6][9][3][6][7][7][10][4][4][1](57)
    10-again: (5d10)[8][8][6][1][3](26)

3 bashing on Adam, thanks to Kevlar vest.

The bullet slammed like a fist against Adam's Kevlar vest, failing to penetrate it but still rocking the archer pretty hard. That would leave a nasty bruise...

Allison opened her stall door, a polystyrene-headed arrow already nocked, and let loose at Jamie.

“This is for you, Ian!”

Spoiler
    Show
    Quick Draw (for “firearms”, term used loosely here) + Rapid Nock maneuver from Fighting Style: Archery enabling her to nock an arrow as a reflexive action.

(9d10)[1][1][5][6][1][7][6][6][3](36)
    10-again: (5d10)[10][5][8][10][1](34)

The shout had a nice dramatic effect, but it did alert Jamie, who threw himself out of the way just in time. As it turned out when the arrow clattered against the door frame just as a startled Semira opened the door, the polystyrene cylinder only served to conceal the shard of broken glass that was the arrow's actual head. Allison, like Adam, had found a way to sneak lethal arrows through the metal detector.

Jaime and Kale

Now there was no doubt. It truly was gunfire coming from the restrooms. Wayne Borden instinctively reached for his handgun; panic flashed across his tattooed face when he found none. Zach crashed down his chair in surprise and confusion. Some students just stood dumbfounded, while others began to run – most of them towards the stage, as the noise came from the opposite direction. They were about to find out that Jamie had locked the door leading backstage, the only westwards exit.

Michelle appeared to hesitate between following Kale or fleeing. Karen sprang to her feet, a purposeful look on her face, and began running towards the gunfire. But Kale was already in movement and would likely get there first. For her part, Jaime followed the crowd, but her eye was on the microphone rather than the door.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-24 at 08:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam exhales sharply as the bullet flattens against the bulletproof vest and knocks the wind from him momentarily. That's going to leave a mark.

He switches tactics, pulling a blunted arrow from the quiver and taking aim, attempting to shatter Price's kneecap...

Another willpower spent. 13+3-5=11

(11d10)[6][2][9][5][6][1][10][1][3][4][5](52)
    10's: (4d10)[4][9][7][9](29)

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume that included the penalty for the kevlar vest?
    -Odentin

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Semira flings the door open just in time to see Adam's second shot, which registers before she connects Allison's bow and expression to the thing falling to the ground next to her.

Oh God she almost shot me. There's no chance Sem can just cringe and go right back out, though, not tonight.

She rushes past Jonah and seizes Jamie's forearm from behind, twisting and hyperextending the wrist as she grabs the gun's slide to rip out from his grasp. She's never practiced disarming a target from behind before, but it can't be harder than on someone behind you, can it be?

Spoiler
    Show
    Posting while I'm on even if we should post in initiative order, since Jaime won't get here yet and I doubt Jonah plans to throw himself at the mad gunman.

Attacking using Disarming Defense, spending Willpower. If successes equal his Dexterity, I take the gun. (11d10)[2][8][10][4][10][2][5][10][3][9][7](70)

Also, I'm not sure whether you can All-Out Attack on a disarm. If so: (2d10)[3][3](6)
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2012-09-23 at 11:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Ignoring the arrow to his leg, Jamie Price pulled the trigger again, his face twisted with madness. He had obviously singled Adam out as the most obvious threat.

Spoiler
    Show
    -1 due to arm injury, -2 thanks to Adam's body armor.

(7d10)[8][2][7][4][6][8][6](41)
    10-again: (3d10)[5][9][2](16)

2 bashing. Adam suffers -1 to all tests due to low Health.

The bullet hit Adam hard in the left ribs. Without his body armor, he might be dead or gravely injured by now.

But Jamie had failed to notice Semira, who threw herself at him from behind. The rookie cop screamed in pain as the Eritrean twisted his injured arm and grabbed his gun.

The ghosts just stood there and watched.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-24 at 11:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

25. - Top - End - #505

Leon steps out of his stall as Jamie screams. His knife is in his hand, held in a reverse grip. He approaches Price, but doesn't attack yet. "Give it up, Price. We've got your confession on video, we've got you outnumbered and pinned, and there is no way you can take all of us down and shift the blame again. I'd start explaining, if I were you. Maybe begging."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam grunts as the bullet cracks a rib or two, but he grinds his teeth and steps forward, drawing another sharp arrow and drawing back. Instead of firing, though, he stands alongside Leon, hovering the arrow's point in front of the bastard's face. His bow wavers a bit, due to his labored breathing, but he stands strong.
    -Odentin

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah, slightly trembling with adrenaline, creeps forward and opens the door to the stall he's hiding in. Through the cracked doorway, he peeks out at what's going on, and trains his phone - still recording - on the restrained killer. "Is anyone hit?" he shakily asks. "Other than the psycho..."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Allison shook her head at Leon. "That video confession won't hold up in court." A chillingly serene look on her face, she nocked a second glass-tipped arrow. "There's only ever been one way to end this."

She loosed the arrow at Jamie Price.

Spoiler
    Show
    (9d10)[4][2][6][7][2][6][5][3][1](36) - *sigh*
    10-again: (4d10)[7][5][10][6](28)

The rookie cop dodged again at the last moment, swearing incoherently at her and the ghosts. He looked more beast than man by now; the loss of his gun had done nothing to calm him.

Jaime

Mike 2.0, his headset on his ears, took a moment to realize the growing panic. He turned off the music, obviously confused. Meanwhile, Jaime climbed on the stage and reached the microphone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Presence + Expression test for Jaime to influence the crowd, with a +2 bonus for the microphone and sound system.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-24 at 02:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #509
    Dwarf in the Playground

She grabbed the microphone, and suddenly felt very small on that stage, public speaking wasn't really her thing she preferred text as a medium. Still she had to act quickly otherwise Mike 2.0 might take the microphone back.

"There's no evidence of danger yet, still I would advise an orderly evacuation to the front. The route to the library is inaccessible, and don't panic."

Spoiler
    Show
    Presence + Expression 4 dice, + 2 + WP (9d10)[4][10][9][7][9][6][10][7][7](69)
    Last edited by McGonigle; 2012-09-24 at 04:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510

AssassinGuy

"Come on... Come on..." thought Kale as he sprinted toward the bathroom. If Price was a killer and he had a gun, there was a chance that he could have incapacitated one or more of the other Hunters, regardless of armor. He need to get there soon.