New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 2: Halloween

Adam lowers his hand and sits shock still, glaring at the front,"Someone seriously asking for trouble."

He and Kale may not always get along (hell, neither of them are the most SOCIAL people in the world), but he can barely stand to see a teammate manhandled as such, and it takes all of his willpower not to rush the stage to aid Kale. He doesn't take his eyes off the scene, "This can only end in flames."
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-08-11 at 05:44 PM.
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?
    Bladecutter: We might as well, it's on the way.
    GM: "We might was well" has never been used in that way!
    Bladecutter: Well, we really don't like him...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kale took a deep breath before suppressing some of his rage. He pulled free of the cops before stalking away. As he passed Mr. and Mrs. Neveux, Michelle, and the members of the RPG club, he muttered to each of them.

"I'll be at the RPG club if you want to talk. I'll understand if you don't. I'm sorry you had to see me like this."

He strode towards his Lambourghini determined not to show anymore outward signs of rage. As he clambered in he felt glad that he had brought some of his private vintage from New York. He would need it tonight. He drove in the direction of the club, ready to open his $8,000 bottle of Pinot Seurat when he arrived.

He would have to cancel his plans to go on patrol tonight. he wouldn't be focused enough, and the last time he had gone out while distracted he had almost died. No, his best plan of action would be to refocus tonight, and murder whoever had desecrated the memorial tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Savior, do you have something for Kale to do while events keep unfolding here? You can still retcon your departure from the scene if something in it grabs your interest.

The Governor had the camera crews film his speech with the crowd as a background to avoid showing the desecrated monument on TV. It would no doubt have a very nice speech in other circumstances – it was about hope, peace, healing, God, American values, and blah blah blah. But he pronounced it without passion, and the applause at the end was rather subdued. The desecration of the monument had changed the mood of the ceremony.

The survivors' speeches were little better. The normally charismatic Michelle was unable to muster any fervor and just read her sheet (a homage to her late boyfriend Gavin) in a dead tone. Wayne Borden improvised a speech citing the presence of a deranged Ian Keating fan as reason enough to loosen self-defense laws, but the reaction was rather cold and he ended it mid-sentence before people started throwing things. Marco Alvarez tried to lead a prayer, but the spectators were not very receptive to his talk of love and forgiveness. Soong Ye-jun got to one knee and asked his girlfriend Sara Crawford to marry him, but even her “Yes” got only a half-hearted acclaim from the crowd. All emotion had gone out of the event, save a gloomy bitterness. People were glad to see it end.

“No worries,” Mr Thompson told the assembled mourners, “we'll have this memorial cleaned and repaired in a few days. And we'll take steps to make sure the culprit is found.”

When the ceremony was over, the Governor was the first to leave, off to do more important things like running the state of Illinois and making sure he got reelected. The journalists, police officers and university staff left not long afterwards. The remaining students and parents lined up to bring flowers at the foot of the memorial. All of the dead except Ian got their share of flowers in a silent reminder of who, despite the state of the monument, was really being mourned today.

A slight, blond girl of about twenty appeared at the edge of the scattering crowd, drawing whispers and glares from many. She wore glasses, was dressed in black and carried a dozen red poppies. She eyed the other mourners warily, hesitated, then put on a determined face and strode forward. Semira and Adam both recognized her; Semira from her psychology classes, and Adam from the archery club.

“Is that... Allison Keating?” said someone near Jaime.

“Yeah,” Ellen confirmed. “Ian's little sister. Been trying to interview her for two years, but she's not interested.”

The newcomer arched an eyebrow at the sight of the vandalized monument, but did not comment or ask about it. Ignoring the crowd, she headed straight towards the pillar dedicated to Ian Keating. At first the crowd parted... until Michelle Warner quite deliberately placed herself in Allison's path and folded her arms across her chest, as if daring her to advance further. The students fell silent. Some of them joined Michelle in blocking Allison's way, while others like Ellen stayed out of it and watched, as if expecting violence. The two girls just stared at each other for a moment.

Allison was the first to break the chilly silence. “I'd like to pass, please,” she said in a neutral tone, waving her flowers under Michelle's nose.

“No,” said Michelle flatly. “Go away. No way you're honoring your psycho brother in my presence.”

Allison's jaw tightened.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-12 at 11:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeing Allison's path blocked, Leon get up from his seat. He strode forward and placed himself next to Allison. "If you don't want to see her mourn, you're welcome to leave. She has as much right as you do to honor her fallen loved one. Hell, she's probably got more right to mourn. You mourn a victim of a tragedy, yes. She mourns the cause of that tragedy. While you get to blame someone, get to say to yourself, 'That's the guy who took Gavin away from me,' but she doesn't. She doesn't get to blame anyone, she doesn't get to hate. Those are luxuries she doesn't have. All she's left with is asking, 'Why,' and mourning her brother, and you want to take that away from her? You monster. You despicable, hateful, spiteful monster. Let the girl mourn. Let her place her flowers, say her prayers, shed her tears." Leon turns to Allison. "Do what you need to do. If anyone wants to object, they'll have to deal with me. I'm sorry for your loss, and for this." Turning back to Michelle, he continues his tirade. "You're going to stand aside, and let a young woman mourn the brother she lost in some of the most tragic circumstances possible. You're not going to object, you're not going to degrade her, her family, or her brother. She's going to leave her flowers, and I'll be sticking around to make sure they stay left. And I'll come back later, too, to make sure they're still there then. Anyone who's got a problem with this has a problem with me, and I am the last person you want to have a problem with."
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

As Leon flies off the handle, Adam approaches the stage, arriving at the end of the tirade, "Michelle, don't take out your anger at the vandal on Allison. She's not her brother."
    -Odentin

Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Semira bites her lip and follows Leon up. It would have been optimal if he hadn't said anything to piss Michelle off at all, but good cop-bad cop would serve. "Exactly. Michelle, Ally's brother is dead. It's not her fault - do you realize how much he took away from her? He hurt her as much as he hurt you, but she has had no one to support her the last two years."

Semira pauses and evaluates Michelle's face. Nope. Time to get personal.

"Do you remember that motherfµcker who said it was your fault Gavin died because he was trying to protect you? For the last two years, everyone Ally knows was that guy. Everyone. And instead of shouting him down, people shrug. And instead of one old man at a free newspaper, it's her professors, her roommates, her classmates, everyone.

"She finally has a chance to put this all behind her, to see people acknowledge she lost someone. I know you're a better person than this."
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2012-08-12 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah stays in his seat. He's not really one for confrontation. Though whether or not anybody notices, he nods along in agreement as Leon and the other defend the girl.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Patrick scrawls down Alison's name. Their personal connection is enough to suspect her. He sat up and did something that would make him incredibly unpopular. His soft gentle voice puncturing the sad rage.

"It's okay Alison. Do what you need to. If you want later, I'll take you out for a pint and we can honor your loss. The way the Irish do it"

Alot of the people in school considered Patrick a foreign outsider. He was a loner and the only people he hung out with was the RPG group.

Tearing off a piece of paper with his mobile number on it. He offered it to her, unsure of if she would take it. He knew there would be a witch hunt out for her and an offer of friendship lumped him in the same boat. Besides, he wanted to gauge wether or not she actually had any motivation for doing this.

"Take it, please. Even if you don't plan on using it. You can consider me a friend, if you ever need someone to talk to or hang out with."
    Amazing profile picture drawn by my wife.

9. - Top - End - #69

AssassinGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks but my character's decisions should have weight so I'll just stick with what I have planned. More realistic that way.

Kale locked his Lambourghini as he entered the building the RPG Club's room was in. He had decided against bringing the Pinot Seurat into the building. It was a school building and alcohol wasn't allowed. Instead he had brought all of his gear.

He made sure there was no one else in the room before setting up his laptop and running a sweep of his computer to make sure there were no traces or bugs. Then he bounced his signal of three different proxies in four different countries before pulling up maps of the school, everything on Ian Keating's past, and trying to access video records from any cameras near the memorial within the past 2-3 days.

Spoiler
    Show
    Computer + Wits?

If so, that is 2 + 3.

(5d10)[18](ignore typed dice roll in wrong)

[rollv]5d10[/rollv]

As he was searching he switched to his HUD contacts so that he could continue to work while he donned his sap gloves and armored boots, wireless headset, and carbon fiber full face mask. He quickly sent a text to the members of the RPG club.

Pulling everything on Ian Keating/security footage from around the memorial in the past 2-3 days. Anything develop?

EDIT: wrong way to type in dice roll
    Last edited by savior indra; 2012-08-12 at 08:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Leon's lecture caused a few gasps here and there... mostly scandalized gasps. Allison discreetly threw him a grateful look, while Michelle's face twitched with rage.

“You... you call me a monster?” snarled Michelle. “You know what's monstrous? Massacring innocent people. I won't stand by while someone insults my Gavin by bringing flowers to the one who murdered him.” She whirled to face Semira. “You. Shut the hell up, you didn't lose anyone in that massacre. So what, nobody except Allison weeps for the poor, sweet little murderer? Who cares? If he wanted people to bring him flowers, he would have had the decency to just shoot himself at home, not take with him three people he barely even knew. He deserves nobody's grief. You said it yourself, he hurt her as much as he hurt me.”

This was no longer the stoic, strong-willed Michelle everyone knew, the one who had appeared on national TV last year to pronounce an inspiring speech about peace and unity. The desecration of the monument had scraped off her layers of polish, revealing the bitterness and spite she had been trying to hide for two years. Some of the students nodded along as she spoke, but others took their distances, wanting nothing to do with either side.

Allison remained calm, but her face hardened with steely determination. Leon's and Semira's support seemed to give her strength. She accepted Patrick's number without otherwise acknowledging him; her attention remained focused on Michelle.

“Ian's my brother,” said Allison through clenched teeth, “and it's my right to mourn him. Just because I still love him doesn't mean I approve of what he did. I'm sorry for your Gavin, but I didn't kill him, and neither did the brother I grew up with. I'm bringing flowers to the Ian I knew, not the Ian he became.”

“The Ian you knew is a lie,” Michelle grated. “Keep your flowers, or give them to someone who actually deserves them. You don't need flowers when you're burning in hell.”

That last sentence silenced the crowd entirely; it sounded like the last straw, the one thing Michelle should not have said. Everybody's attention was on Allison. Many, no doubt, expected (hoped, even) that the confrontation would turn physical here and now. But Allison's reaction was only one of icy contempt, as if her rival was not even worthy of her anger.

“Now,” she said in a slow, scornful tone, “I'm sure it would be very entertaining to stay here and watch you lose what little dignity you have left in front of everyone. But out of respect for your grief, I'll do you a favor and pretend that you won. Good day.” She turned to leave. “I never knew Gavin, but I'm sure he was too good for you,” she threw over her shoulder.

“Aw crap, no catfight,” Zach complained.

Michelle stared at the departing Allison, her mouth opening and closing as she struggled to find a snappy retort; her reputation did not allow her to let a rival have the last word. The best she came up with was: “Fµck off. You were never welcome at Maxwell.”

An uncomfortable silence settled. Although Michelle had succeeded in driving off Allison, she somehow came across as the loser of the confrontation, and she knew it. People would suddenly respect her a bit less now that her mask of quiet strength had cracked. Muttering under her breath, she stalked off in the opposite direction, her posse of devoted followers in tow.

Ellen was still scribbling in her notepad, obviously delighted by the exchange. “You filmed it all, Jaime?” she asked breathlessly.

Kale

Kale's simple Google search turned up a map of the university and a certain amount of information about Ian Keating. The media frenzy caused by the massacre had dug up a few things about the perpetrator, but he remained something of a mystery because there was very little to make him stand out. Pictures of him showed a thin young man of about twenty with light blond hair, blue eyes and a serious face. His Catholic, Irish-American, upper-middle class upbringing had nothing exceptional. He was the son of a dentist father and an accountant mother, who had amicably divorced four years before the massacre. He also had a sister, Allison, who was about a year and a half younger and was now a second-year psychology student at Maxwell University. Since the massacre, his parents had both moved out of state; his father to Florida, his mother to Seattle. Only Allison had remained in Chicago. It seemed that she had consistently refused to give any interviews about her brother or the killing.

Ian himself was a quiet, introverted sort, described as “a nice guy” by his few friends and his high school ex-girlfriend Jennifer Bale. He had always been an A- and B-student with an interest in science, cinema, punk music and video games. At the time of the massacre, he was a civil engineering freshman, described as serious and hard-working by his teachers and classmates. All who had known him expressed surprise at his act. A politically moderate agnostic, he had never gotten in trouble with the law nor been diagnosed with any mental illness. Several armchair psychologists had tried to establish the motive for his crime, but there was no consensus.

The massacre was committed with a Beretta 92 with serial numbers filed off. It started at one end of the dance floor in Tyler Hall near 11 PM and ended two or three minutes later in the restrooms at the other end, where a SWAT team found Ian dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound under the jaw with his Nixon mask and American flag still on. Witnesses reported that Ian was dancing to the music even as he fired at fleeing students - Kale remembered that detail, and it was an image that still haunted his nightmares.

(OOC: Are my updates too long? Don't be afraid to tell me so.)
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-13 at 07:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    “The Ian you knew is a lie,” Michelle grated. “Keep your flowers, or give them to someone who actually deserves them.”
    ((Adam is going to step in here, interrupt the narrative a bit, sorry.))

Adam steps straight up to Michelle and interrupts her tirade, standing less than a foot in front of her face, and speaks in a low forceful tone, "Back off, Michelle. She's been blamed enough for something that she had no impact on, everyone taking out their anger on her." He narrows his eyes, glaring straight into hers, "She wasn't around then, but I was. I knew Gavin. Do you HONESTLY think that this is how he'd want you to act? Blaming an innocent for someone else's actions? Do you think he'd want to see you like this?"

He doesn't blink, doesn't glance away from her eyes.
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-08-13 at 08:12 PM.
    -Odentin

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah watches the exchange in horror. When his phone buzzes, he gives it a cursory glance, only for his eyes to go wide when he sees Kale is the sender. "Uh..." he stares for a moment, before typing back a quick response.

Ian's sister showed up to leave flowers. Michelle and some other folks tried to stop her, and a few other folks tried to defend Ian's sister. Lots of insults, and now she's leaving. He purposefully names no names, because he doesn't know if Kale would respond well to his friends defending Ian's sister.

13. - Top - End - #73

"No, Michelle," Leon says to the departing girl. "Monstrous is hurting innocent people. The massacre was evil, yes, but stopping Allison from mourning the brother she lost, the brother that everyone hates? Adding to her pain because you're stuck in the past? That's just as monstrous as anything Ian did." Lowering his voice a little, he adds, "I miss Gregory what's-her-face. At least they were honest about what they were. Pity that people like you can't see what you're becoming." He then turns and goes to catch up with Allison. "Are you alright?"
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

14. - Top - End - #74

AssassinGuy

Kale quickly went to several social networking sites, and looked up Allison Keating trying to figure out where on (or off) campus she lived. He pulled out his cellphone and cursed when he saw the message. He then texted Michelle

Are you okay? Do you want to talk? I have a friend that would like to meet you. He's looking into the memorial as a favor to me. He's asking if you know where Allison Keating lives.

Before stowing his lockpicks in one of his armor's pockets and hefting his climbing gear around his shoulder. He then slid two of his knives into their holsters, one on his right forearm and another on his left boot.

The only lead I have right now is Allison. If she doesn't know anything I'll actually have to go to that party in case anything happens.

Kale leaned back in his chair as he continued to search the web for information about Allison Keating's whereabouts and hoping either the web or Michelle would have the information he needed.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

furious Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 2: Halloween

Patrick shook his head in disappointment, as the verbal battle continued. He felt as though it was a bad idea to include Ian in this memorial. It was too late to change that.

"Michelle, you aren't a monster. You're just a child."

Patrick left before she had a chance to dignify him with a response. Talking to her right now would be like talking to a brick wall. Patrick had alot of school work to catch up on anyway. He decided to do it in the RPG room. Hopefully Kale would be there. Patrick decided against updating him on the disaster, unless he pressed for more info. He was unsure of Kale's feelings on the matter and didn't feel like enduring another out burst.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah decides to go ahead and slink off, hopefully avoiding notice. He makes a beeline straight back to the RPG club.

He knocks twice, before entering. If Kale is still there, Jonah will give a small nod and a timid "H-hey..." before skulking over to his seat in the back of the room. "You, uh... You find anything useful?" he asks awkwardly. He doesn't want to say anything stupid, or something that might come off as rude or offensive. So he just tries to skip straight to the point.

"So, I'm... kinda worried. Like, suspicious. Like... that we may have a potential copycat..." he mutters, averting his gaze to the floor. "I mean, you've probably got the same conclusions, but I'm just sayin'... Vandalizing and calling the guy a 'hero' is shock value. Calling him a 'martyr' is... troubling," he murmurs. "Like, it's more than supporting his cause. It's agreeing with his cause. So..." his voice trails off, before he shrugs and quietly says "Sorry, I'm probably stating the obvious, aren't I?."

17. - Top - End - #77

AssassinGuy

"No your fine. I've considered it, and the problem is that it is likely. If it was just an admirer they wouldn't go this far. It's likely someone who believes in what Ian Keating did, and if they went this far, then they have no qualms about killing the way Ian did. We can't cancel the party because they'll just go underground and wait until people forget. No this has to end here. Do you know where Allison Keating lives? She's our only link to Ian at the moment and we need to find this person before he starts killing." said Kale without looking up from his laptop. He continued to search before realizing that Jonah was far better at research than he was.

"Jonah I need you to continue searching for Allison Keating's whereabouts, I'm going to go out on patrol in case the this person decides to make a move tonight. I have my headset and HUD contacts on, you can keep in contact with me through those. Is that alright?"

Kale waits for Jonah's response before deciding to leave or not.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah shrugs. "Um, I could take a stab at it. I'm willing to bet she's taken steps to secure her privacy, though. A simple Google search may not be enough. Buuuuuut, I might be able to find something. Maybe a former employer's website with contact information, or something..." he mutters, before pulling out his smartphone. "After I get done with that, I'll also see what I can dig up on recent crimes and stuff in the area. Vandalisms, assaults," he pauses, before darkly muttering: "Missing pets."

Spoiler
    Show

Internet search for info on Miss Keating should be, unless I'm mistaken...

Intelligence (3 dice) + Computer (2 dice) + specialization (1 dice) + Smartphone (2 dice, IIRC) = 8 dice.

Search: (8d10)[5][5][2][5][8][8][6][3](42)

In case of 10 again(s): (2d10)[1][4](5)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Patrick stepped in the door, as Kale and Jonah started talking. He took a glimpse at what they were doing and quickly spoke up.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna make some calls and make sure the Halloween party is canceled. I don't think we should take the risk of letting it go ahead as planned. Oh and Kale, let me grab my stuff and I will come with you. It's a bad idea to go alone. It's better if someone watches your back."

Patrick unzipped his bag and put on his hoody and concealed his guns, fixing silencers to them. He grabbed his cell phone and quickly started calling the necessary people to make sure the party is canceled. There would be a time, when Maxwell could have a Halloween party, but it wasn't this year.

20. - Top - End - #80

AssassinGuy

"Patrick I'm not sure if cancelling the party is a good idea. Whoever this person is, it's clear they want exposure. If we cancel the party it'll either drive them into hiding until we relax our guard, or they'll ramp up their efforts to grab attention to this Ian Keating affair. Neither scenario is especially inviting. This party may be our best chance of trapping whoever did it." explained Kale as he tossed Patrick some climbing gear.

"Alright. I'll take point, I have the better protection anyways. We shouldn't resort to your guns unless absolutely necessary. Don't want police involved. Remind me to grab everyone in the club a wireless headset next time I go shopping. It makes communication so much easier."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'll leave this section open in case Sentinel decides to have things differ thanks to Adam interrupting Michelle.))

---------------------

Adam arrives back at the RPG club room as the others prepare for patrol. He catches the climbing gear mid-throw and lops it over his back, "I'll be the eye-in-the-sky. Let me grab my bow from my jeep. I'll text you if I spot anything."

((What's the highest point on campus?))

Adam drives his jeep to the closest he can get to the highest point on campus, and, after making sure the coast is clear, begins climbing it, to get the best view to keep tabs on his team...
    -Odentin

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Odentin View Post
    "She wasn't around then, but I was. I knew Gavin. Do you HONESTLY think that this is how he'd want you to act? Blaming an innocent for someone else's actions? Do you think he'd want to see you like this?"
    Michelle clenched her teeth. "I'm not blaming Allison, I'm blaming Ian. And when she brings flowers to that sicko, she's not much better than the vandal. Hell, for all I know..." She cut off her sentence and paused. Then she added: "If she wants to bring flowers, she'd better do it when she's alone. But no, she had to do it now, when she knew everyone would be there. Almost like she's mocking us, or trying to make a statement."

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    [Leon] then turns and goes to catch up with Allison. "Are you alright?"
    "Thanks, but I'm sort of used to it," said Allison a bit brusquely, walking faster. "I don't need your..." She turned to him and recognized him as the first one who had come to her defense. Her voice softened. "Look, I appreciate this. But I'm not looking for a shoulder to cry on. I've known a lot of people like Michelle, and also a lot of people like you who'd defend me, but none who could understand what it was like to love a dead murderer. The worst were the well-meaning ones who tried to get me to move on by pointing out how Ian wasn't worth my grief. Yeah, like reminding me of what a bastard he was would help me get over it all. And then those who said: Oh yeah, I'm sure he was a good brother, but I could tell they didn't mean it and tried to humor me, as if deep down they were thinking I was deluded and would figure out the truth about Ian if I was given time... like a child who learns that Santa doesn't exist. They all pretended to respect my love for Ian, but hoped that I'd one day take off my rose-colored glasses and start seeing him the way everyone else saw him: a monster. And it would be a good thing. Because, see, my love for my brother is a disease to be cured."

She let out a deep breath, as if saying it all had taken some weight off her heart.

"I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I'm just tired of all the pity, judgment and condescension. Thanks all the same. ...What's your name?"

Kale and Jonah

Some research later, including a few emails to a guy who knew a guy who knew a gal who knew a guy, Jonah found out that Allison lived in one of the cheap dorms north of the science department. Building 2, room 37. For someone from a well-off family, she was either frugal or had to scrape by without her parents' assistance.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lycan, if you want to make an Internet search about crimes like vandalism and assaults, it will have to be a secret roll from me.

Odentin, the highest point on campus is the concrete chimney of the science department, but access is forbidden, the climb is difficult despite the ladder (some Athletics will be needed), and it's a very exposed spot where you can see well but also be seen. A better, more accessible spot to see without being seen is the belltower of the library (part of the library used to serve as a church, back when Maxwell was a religious university).

I'll get back to you in a little while. You're getting ahead of the others.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-13 at 09:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Bingo!" Jonah exclaims with a grin. "I've got her address. Cheap-o dorms north of the science department, Build 2, Room 37. Thank you, thank you..." he says with a grin while taking a mock bow.

"Now..." he states, narrowing his eyes and steeling his expression, "We move on to the hard stuff."

He then makes himself comfortable, and starts trying to pull up anything and everything he can regarding local crimes and questionable occurrences, starting from most recent to the time of the original shooting.

He's gonna be here awhile...

Spoiler
    Show

Secret rolls, awaaaaay!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"She's had it harder than you, Michelle, and you have no right to tell her when and where she can mourn the loss of her loved one."

He turns and looks at Allison's back as she walks away, then back to Michelle, "You're no better than Ian was. No better than the vandal. If there's anything human left in you, you'll apologize to her."

Without waiting for a reply, Adam turns and walks away, towards the RPG Club room.

((And yeah, he'll take the bell tower, once we get around to it.))
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-08-13 at 09:19 PM.
    -Odentin

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

"Trapping this guy is a great idea, but in a crowded group I could shoot several people before being taken down. That's not a risk I'm taking. I'm working from the assumption he or she is better than me. That will ensure I don't underestimate my enemy. Let's not forget that this person may even try to out do Ian. Using bombs or automatic weapons and that might make innocent casualties more dramatic. I say we have it canceled."

Patrick contemplated this idea for a moment.

"Admittedly even if we convince the host to cancel the party, people will throw their own parties and that will gives us less control of where a potential copy cat will go."

Patrick frowned as he pointed flaws in his own idea.

"As far as we know, this person is just a vandal and the potential is there. Even so, we should be cautious. I do not feel using people as live bait is a great idea."

Patrick put down his cell phone.

"Fine, we play it by ear. But if we don't find enough info, we make sure the event is canceled. I'm not protecting all those people, with no insight into who the copy cat could be."

26. - Top - End - #86

AssassinGuy

"That works for me. I'm heading to Allison's place. Time for some questions to be answered. Patrick you coming? Lockpicking isn't exactly my specialty?" said Kale quietly as he tossed his lockpicks to Patrick. He was garbed from head to toe in his black Dragon Skin armor. He had his wireless headset connected to Jonah so they could relay information back and forth and his HUD contacts hooked up to his phone so he could recieve texts without having to check his phone.

EDIT: for Continuity.
    Last edited by savior indra; 2012-08-13 at 10:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah looks up from his research. He seems visibly uncomfortable with all the talk of weapons and breaking into people's houses. "Um, you guys sure walking around with all those weapons and stuff is a good idea? And are you really going to go breaking into the girl's house? I mean, I could see asking her a few questions or something, but seriously, B&E? Seems like a lot more risk than reward..." he mutters, worry audible in his voice.

28. - Top - End - #88

AssassinGuy

Kale stopped as he left in order to answer Jonah.

She won't answer to me as Kale, there would be psychological issues involved if I directly questioned her. Even if one of you guys ask her. She could still be holding something back. We would have to persuade her or intimidate her. Plus if it is her, there would likely be evidence at her place. What other options do we have?" asked Kale.
    Last edited by savior indra; 2012-08-13 at 10:29 PM. Reason: quotation mark

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    "...What's your name?"
    Leon smiles. "The name's Leon. I'm not offering pity, though I do offer my sympathies. I just can't stand seeing someone act like Michelle was. Makes me wonder who the real monsters are, sometimes. Where are you heading next? Would you like some company on the way?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam freezes at Allison's name, and he turns to Kale, blocking the door, "Kale, no. Leave Allison alone, at least for now. She's gone through too much for your brand of tact."

As he speaks, he draws his phone from his pocket and sends Leon a text, Keep Allison away from her place. Kale's found her.
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-08-13 at 10:48 PM.
    -Odentin