New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Hands up if you've ever experienced sleep paralysis. I have, and it just occurred to me its effects can be eeriely similar to the horrible fate Mayuri's superhuman toxin inflicted to Szayel Aporro.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Thankfully no, and I hope never to. I don't like being unable to move when I want to.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mahonri_Violist brings up a good question I failed to consider.

Who else in the Fraccion fight is a "PC" versus an "NPC" and who's expendable/godmoddable. I had previously assumed all the Fraccion characters were just NPC stand-ins but I realize now I might be wrong.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: (Setup And Discussion) of battles is important

For sure, your character is the most PlayerCharacterious PC character there.

As far as I know, Karasu is pretty much guaranteed the spot as the top Fracción. Baatar is a PC who will soon go back under the control of CMOTDibbler as soon as his fate is decided, and...I'm 90% sure the rest are NPCs because I just made up a third of their names on the spot. I'm pretty sure that if Baatar puts up an interesting fight, he might get a spot as 2nd Fracción just under Karasu. If not, The Bear'll be a lower-level Arrancar who squares off against lower-level Shinigami. (Or whatever.)

As the other ones...unless someone suddenly wants to PCify one of them, they're nigh-certainly NPCs who will be expendable for the sake of drama in the coming battles against the Shinigami.

However, just 'cause it's something important to know, I'll repeat my question here: How much can we godmode those arrancars? Is there already a specific fate planned out for them?

Also, Disciple of Bob, how close do you want the fight to be? Do you want Karasu to win handily, or to overcome impossible odds to win? I'm sure we could make either one work.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: (Setup And Discussion) of battles is important

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    However, just 'cause it's something important to know, I'll repeat my question here: How much can we godmode those arrancars? Is there already a specific fate planned out for them?

Also, Disciple of Bob, how close do you want the fight to be? Do you want Karasu to win handily, or to overcome impossible odds to win? I'm sure we could make either one work.
    Well, if it were just up to me, I'd have Karasu wipe the floor with the lot of them. Save the close fights for actual PC's. If Baatar or any of the other potential Fraccion are supposed to be PC's or at least important NPC's, that's a different story.

On a different note, I have no idea what to do with Kiba right now.

Besides the Pack meeting, which I don't expect to be much more to discuss (makes sense since they're men of action).

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Not at my home computer but will weigh in in the morning

7. - Top - End - #637
    Barbarian in the Playground

hey there just found yens and was told to post my character here. noted he is a wip and would like help with I think is a good concept. please help me make him fit the game. Thanks

Edit: Fixed his Umatched Sword Play , Started On Zanpakuto

James Dunwell
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 245 lb.
    Station: Unseated Trooper of the Combat Squad's "which ever"

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dressed as any other tropper except wears a dull grey breast plate, of which the engraving resembles swirls of smoke. Also wears a old and tattered WW2 officier great coat over his robes, its edges are signed and ashes seem to constanatly fall from it yet never reach the ground. A officers cap sits nestled in his brun hair. A matching sash goes around his waist and over the coat and hold the scabard to a ww2 one handed battle sword.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very open and honest, and constantly offering advice to those who look younger than him. Will often disappear and pop up in odd areas since he constantly wandrs about the Soul Society as he is constantly learning all there is to it. In a fight he will stick to it until he is either the last man alive, or all others have retreated. this is due to his view of it being his responsibility to graud the troops retreat or postion on the field.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    An united staes artillery serget in ww2, he died after one of his officers misshandled a round and set if off. Befor he had died he served as a architect in japan and was learning greatly about their culture and history, but after pearl harbor all u.s. citizens were called back. Yet the day befor he left to go for the station a robed figure touched his shoulder and said "I will be seeing you soon" and disappeared. Moments after his death the same figured appeared above him as he laid dying and reached for him. As his soul stood up from his body he looked about and for the frist time saw hallows being destroyed by those he would later learn to be shinigami of "the pack".

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

His ability of dueling with the sword surpasses many, but his strength and speed are below that of a average Shinigami, but ever since his death both his eyesight and reflexes surpass many in his unit (besides kiba). His shupo very short range (no more then 15 feet at a time), but takes him a moment to use. The only thing though he must frist take a step in the desired diecrtion and can only move in a stright line (but may angle rise or desecnt). This though can allow him to move very rapidly across the field that to him is a walking pace. As to kidou his lends only to physical enhancment and binding. His Hakuda is able to keep up with other fighters easly, even up to exchanging blows with the vice captain for a time. Problem is that it is very similar to greco style wrestleing and some odd bit of boxing, putting him at a disadvantege agaisnt those who are stronger or use thier kicks. Overall he is very good at hding his reitsu from his oppenets, allowing him to step up long range to close range ambushes. His biggest strength though is manipulatiing combat situations through strategy.

Zanpakuto: "Watchful Graudian" 油断ガーディアン
    Spoiler
    Show
    Description: A ebony sheath encases a two foot blade the ends in a bronze plated handle and leather grip. Both are well worn and the engravings almost gone but the blade is still sharp as ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spirit: A swirl of fire, ashes, and darkness that constantly shifting its shape, but when it talks or fights it has the upper torso of a fenimine angel like being made of of ashes with flicks of fire acting as hiar and lagre wings. while the lower is that of a long gown formed of some sort of colth stained black.
    Inner World: A deserted wasteland covered in trenches going hundreds of feet deep, bear untold amount of phantasms in the shapes of soilders constantly at war with one another. Yet never a sound is heard except for the constant wind.

Shikai: Rise from the Ashes
    -Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The blade erupts in to flames and the whole weapon turns to dust. this then swirls about james and latches onto his coat and creates fine gloves apon his handes. heat seems to radiate off him and the coat now has a trail of sparks him as he moves.

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Armored: The cloak and gloves are extremely strong and provides great amount of physical protection, and to a good extent is fire proof.
    Disperse: He can at will disperse his body as ashes, but when in that form can only move slow and is easly damaged by the wind or water, and is no longer considered armored.
    Erupt: A a touch he can cause a non living objest to get super heated and then explode at a set time (no longer then a 1 minute delay). then larger the object then longer it take to heat up to point of explosion, but also is more powerful. Example a handful of pebbles would take seconds to heat up and the explsion would be eqivulant to cherry bombs, while a door would take a minute, but the explosion would be he eqivualent to a car bomb.
    Bombard: Allows him to shot patches of black fire that cause an object to erupt as described above (decides how long it takes to set of befor he shots, bigger round take longer to make and longer to fully charge and object). Then range for this is hundreds of feet but while launching his coat extends and forms to the shape of a barrel held by his hands while kneeling from his the top of his shoulder. while in this state he is extremely heavy and hard to move and is still considered armored as above.

Bankai (locked): Tears from a world torn asunder
    -Description: What new form does your weapon take?
    -Power(s): What new abilities does this release bestow upon you?

Last edited by Scholar23; 2013-03-04 at 11:09 AM.
    III'''MMMMMM BbbbaaaCCCKKKK
    From the worst 6 (or fewer lost count) months of (9)hells

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar created by GrlumpTheElder

Take a Peek

8. - Top - End - #638
    Dwarf in the Playground

Re: Bleach in The Playground: (Setup And Discussion) of battles is important

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    For sure, your character is the most PlayerCharacterious PC character there.

As far as I know, Karasu is pretty much guaranteed the spot as the top Fracción. Baatar is a PC who will soon go back under the control of CMOTDibbler as soon as his fate is decided, and...I'm 90% sure the rest are NPCs because I just made up a third of their names on the spot. I'm pretty sure that if Baatar puts up an interesting fight, he might get a spot as 2nd Fracción just under Karasu. If not, The Bear'll be a lower-level Arrancar who squares off against lower-level Shinigami. (Or whatever.)

As the other ones...unless someone suddenly wants to PCify one of them, they're nigh-certainly NPCs who will be expendable for the sake of drama in the coming battles against the Shinigami.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Well, if it were just up to me, I'd have Karasu wipe the floor with the lot of them. Save the close fights for actual PC's. If Baatar or any of the other potential Fraccion are supposed to be PC's or at least important NPC's, that's a different story.

On a different note, I have no idea what to do with Kiba right now.

Besides the Pack meeting, which I don't expect to be much more to discuss (makes sense since they're men of action).
    Both of you can godmod as much as you please, so long as the outcome is that Karasu wins and Baatar isn't killed or overly shamed. Both Karasu and Baatar are technically PCs, so they're probably close to the same power level, while the others are essentially cannon fodder.

As for Kiba, sparring is always a good way to pass the time until something interesting happens.

@Scholar23, this character looks pretty interesting personality/backstory wise. The abilities are pretty well balanced, in my opinion, although I would try to avoid saying that he is "unmatched" in swordplay, because in a game where nearly everyone uses some type of sword, that's a little overpowered. Also, spelling is your friend. Just saying.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

He seems...rather anachronistic in a somewhat odd way. Not to mention that souls don't remember their past lives after passing. Certainly nothing wrong with a character having some oddities about themselves however it seems...jarring in such a setting. As for the character balance itself...nothing looks to off though I agree calling an unseated member of the combat "peerless" doesn't stack up. I'd also like to see the zanpakuto, because that's part of the approval process and not something you can add on after approval.

The above notwithstanding however I'd like to suggest something, keeping in mind this is just a suggestion. We start another game. Simple as that. With the main person who was running the main plot M.I.A and as far as I know not sharing any information about it with anyone else and the relatively small group we've got, we lose nothing. I'm not however just coming and saying "reset" without some ideas and reasons and such. They're as follows.

Organic Plot

Spoiler
    Show
    The main problem with making a set plot at the start of the game is pretty plain to see. Right off that bat the plot in Soul Society came to a bit of a halt because an answer was provided the original runner didn't expect. Organic Plot doesn't mean no plot at all however, merely that the plots should evolve from character interaction instead of being made without the characters in mind. The more people in the plot know the characters partaking

Pros: More people can get into Plots and they're written by the community. If one person drops the whole story doesn't get scrapped because the person running it ups and disappears.

Cons: It's certainly not the most time effective to let the plots grow and pass at the player bases whim. Not everyone wants to be a DM which may make those who often operate such plots feel put on.

Ways to Alleviate: A mix of both planned and "organic" story telling would solve the issue, allowing those who want to run story arcs to craft their own and offering them up to the player base while allowing others to write stories as they go.

No 1,000 Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

While it may be fun to run a Fullbringer at the start of the game, the player base is small and spreading out the already limited player base to a dozen factions rather thin. People running a dozen characters also exasperates the problem, causing people to be pulled into various directions in factions where there may be only two other characters.

Pros: Keeping everyone in one faction at the start allows for more plots to grow, allowing for new characters to come in more easily as well as build a larger player base without the confusion of which faction is where and all that other messy business.

Cons: Not everyone wants to play a Shinigami and that's understandable. Not everyone wants to play any one faction, which is also understandable. Those who don't want to play Shinigami or what ever faction will not be happy with this choise.

Ways to Alleviate: We don't have to stick with one faction forever, allowing Arrancar and mortal characters to run free when they're ready to come into the game. The story we're basing our game off didn't introduce Shinigami or Arrancar right off the bat either after all but they did get to them after a while.

Power Levels

Spoiler
    Show
    Much was made about "Lower Power Level" games in this thread yet the people who have stuck around are mostly captain and vice captain level characters. When the proposed desire is hardly enforced or forgotten perhaps it's just a better option to drop the pretense and...just not worry about it.

Pros: Letting people play at the power they want won't impose restrictions on characters.

Cons: The worries are always that you'll get a proposed character that just can't be in the game because it's to overpowered. That just comes with the territory however when you get into freeform games.

Ways to Alleviate: The built in system of character approval has already rendered this worry non-existent. Unbalanced characters are shot down by the community and reworked to be acceptable. The max Captains and Espada also help keep the number of super powerful characters down.

Don't Fix What Ain't Broke
    Spoiler
    Show

While it may be fun and innovate to change up the status quo, making the Gotei 13 into the Gotei 6 or what have you, people like familiar things especially if they're playing a game for the setting. Mixing things up can turn away potential players.

Pros: There may be no pro here...except that it may well open the game up to more players.

Cons: It's stale according to some and creates, for the Shinigami, 13 divisions which is a lot of room for what is a small player base.

Ways to Alleviate: No one says we have to fill -every- Captain slot. In fact, it may be better not to. Keeping things familiar doesn't mean things can't change later on either, merely creating a base for more people to join into something they're familar with.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-04 at 02:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #640

thanks for the replies and critiques, I was just messaged to frist develop my character frist and the design his zonpaktu, as to his sword work I will adjust it, was writing it down in all go and didn't think nothing of it. So I thought I balanced it out by saying he could still be out speeded and out strengthed easly. He doesn't remeber his old life (my fault to how he was written), I as just trying to show how such a odd persons death lead him to be a soul reaper. Any suggestions to how to fix that?

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

11. - Top - End - #641

Zanpakuto: "Watchful Graudian" 油断ガーディアン
    Spoiler
    Show
    Description: A ebony sheath encases a two foot blade the ends in a bronze plated handle and leather grip. Both are well worn and the engravings almost gone but the blade is still sharp as ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spirit: A swirl of fire, ashes, and darkness that constantly shifting its shape, but when it talks or fights it has the upper torso of a fenimine angel like being made of of ashes with flicks of fire acting as hiar and lagre wings. while the lower is that of a long gown formed of some sort of colth stained black.
    Inner World: A deserted wasteland covered in trenches going hundreds of feet deep, bear untold amount of phantasms in the shapes of soilders constantly at war with one another. Yet never a sound is heard except for the constant wind.

-Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The blade erupts in to flames and the whole weapon turns to dust. this then swirls about james and latches onto his coat and creates fine gloves apon his handes. heat seems to radiate off him and the coat now has a trail of sparks him as he moves.

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Armored: The cloak and gloves are extremely strong and provides great amount of physical protection, and to a good extent is fire proof.
    Disperse: He can at will disperse his body as ashes, but when in that form can only move slow and is easly damaged by the wind or water, and is no longer considered armored.
    Erupt: A a touch he can cause a non living objest to get super heated and then explode at a set time (no longer then a 1 minute delay). then larger the object then longer it take to heat up to point of explosion, but also is more powerful. Example a handful of pebbles would take seconds to heat up and the explsion would be eqivulant to cherry bombs, while a door would take a minute, but the explosion would be he eqivualent to a car bomb.
    Bombard: Allows him to shot patches of black fire that cause an object to erupt as described above (decides how long it takes to set of befor he shots, bigger round take longer to make and longer to fully charge and object). Then range for this is hundreds of feet but while launching his coat extends and forms to the shape of a barrel held by his hands while kneeling from his the top of his shoulder. while in this state he is extremely heavy and hard to move and is still considered armored as above.

Bankai (locked): Tears from a world torn asunder
    -Description: What new form does your weapon take?
    -Power(s): What new abilities does this release bestow upon you?
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2013-03-04 at 11:07 AM. Reason: updating abilities

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been a part of this specific RP for all four(?) of it's incarnations. But I actually agree with Tebryn here, on his suggestion. I personally wouldn't be opposed to starting a new-new-new-new game. However, I do disagree a bit on the factions. While I agree that they should be limited, I think that limiting it to just one will be too small.
    In the first incarnation of this game, My single shinigami character saw almost no interaction because the characters I was stuck in conversations/sparring matches/what have you weren't posting. Having multiple characters in different factions allows for more interaction, in theory, at least.
    However, that could also be said for having multiple characters in one faction, so maybe my point there is moot. Maybe we could just limit the number of factions to just the standard three(Humans, Arrancar, Shinigami)? Or hell, start with just the good guys(Shinigami and Humans) and have the bad guys come in later?

TL;DR I agree with you, Tebryn, but like having multiple factions.

@Scholar23, I like that wording much better. Also, your zanpaukto description is pretty good so far, but what is your shikai going to do? Normally shikai and bankai are the most suspect to being overpowered, so while the character seems good now, the shikai could easily make him OP.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    The above notwithstanding however I'd like to suggest something, keeping in mind this is just a suggestion. We start another game. Simple as that. With the main person who was running the main plot M.I.A and as far as I know not sharing any information about it with anyone else and the relatively small group we've got, we lose nothing. I'm not however just coming and saying "reset" without some ideas and reasons and such. They're as follows.
    Well, I think it might be too early for a full reboot. We can easily salvage this even if some key members are missing just with a bit of retconning and replacing certain characters, like the Captain Commander. But if other people want to reboot, I'm not strictly opposed. But as for my thoughts on the other stuff...

Organic Plot

Spoiler
    Show
    The main problem with making a set plot at the start of the game is pretty plain to see. Right off that bat the plot in Soul Society came to a bit of a halt because an answer was provided the original runner didn't expect. Organic Plot doesn't mean no plot at all however, merely that the plots should evolve from character interaction instead of being made without the characters in mind. The more people in the plot know the characters partaking

Pros: More people can get into Plots and they're written by the community. If one person drops the whole story doesn't get scrapped because the person running it ups and disappears.

Cons: It's certainly not the most time effective to let the plots grow and pass at the player bases whim. Not everyone wants to be a DM which may make those who often operate such plots feel put on.

Ways to Alleviate: A mix of both planned and "organic" story telling would solve the issue, allowing those who want to run story arcs to craft their own and offering them up to the player base while allowing others to write stories as they go.
    This is a given. Plot can start in the OOC thread or come from natural interactions, but it should never be dependent on one person. The current RP is in a stalemate because all the Soul Society characters vanished and I have no idea what to do with Kiba other than "train, train, train some more," and I don't want to have to train to Shikai and eventually to Bankai in essentialy a fanfic instead of an RP.

No 1,000 Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

While it may be fun to run a Fullbringer at the start of the game, the player base is small and spreading out the already limited player base to a dozen factions rather thin. People running a dozen characters also exasperates the problem, causing people to be pulled into various directions in factions where there may be only two other characters.

Pros: Keeping everyone in one faction at the start allows for more plots to grow, allowing for new characters to come in more easily as well as build a larger player base without the confusion of which faction is where and all that other messy business.

Cons: Not everyone wants to play a Shinigami and that's understandable. Not everyone wants to play any one faction, which is also understandable. Those who don't want to play Shinigami or what ever faction will not be happy with this choise.

Ways to Alleviate: We don't have to stick with one faction forever, allowing Arrancar and mortal characters to run free when they're ready to come into the game. The story we're basing our game off didn't introduce Shinigami or Arrancar right off the bat either after all but they did get to them after a while.
    I disagree here. We don't have a huge factions problem. We have Soul Society (shinigami), Hueco Mundo (arrancar), and some disorganized people in the Mortal World who presumably would form their own factions. To me, this is bare minimum because it's what people expect to be able to play in a Bleach RP. If anything, I think we could trim Hueco Mundo and just have the hollows be disorganized again. Lack of an arrancar army means we don't have to place a huge burden on bankai-ready shinigami to even be able to stand a chance.

Power Levels

Spoiler
    Show
    Much was made about "Lower Power Level" games in this thread yet the people who have stuck around are mostly captain and vice captain level characters. When the proposed desire is hardly enforced or forgotten perhaps it's just a better option to drop the pretense and...just not worry about it.

Pros: Letting people play at the power they want won't impose restrictions on characters.

Cons: The worries are always that you'll get a proposed character that just can't be in the game because it's to overpowered. That just comes with the territory however when you get into freeform games.

Ways to Alleviate: The built in system of character approval has already rendered this worry non-existent. Unbalanced characters are shot down by the community and reworked to be acceptable. The max Captains and Espada also help keep the number of super powerful characters down.
    I take the overall summary of this to be "It ain't broke, so don't fix it." I agree.

Don't Fix What Ain't Broke
    Spoiler
    Show

While it may be fun and innovate to change up the status quo, making the Gotei 13 into the Gotei 6 or what have you, people like familiar things especially if they're playing a game for the setting. Mixing things up can turn away potential players.

Pros: There may be no pro here...except that it may well open the game up to more players.

Cons: It's stale according to some and creates, for the Shinigami, 13 divisions which is a lot of room for what is a small player base.

Ways to Alleviate: No one says we have to fill -every- Captain slot. In fact, it may be better not to. Keeping things familiar doesn't mean things can't change later on either, merely creating a base for more people to join into something they're familar with.
    IF we do a reboot, and so far my vote is against it, then I'd be fine with a Gotei 13 that we just don't bother with filling in right away.

If we did do a reboot, I wouldn't mind demoting Kiba to Vice-Captain to make room for an actual Kenpachi (with some tweaking to the backstory of course).

14. - Top - End - #644

updated the abilities for zonpakto, tell me how balanced they are, thanks

Zanpakuto: "Watchful Guardian" 油断ガーディアン
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Spirit: A swirl of fire, ashes, and darkness that constantly shifting its shape, but when it talks or fights it has the upper torso of a feminine angel like being made of of ashes with flicks of fire acting as hiar and lagre wings. while the lower is that of a long gown formed of some sort of cloth stained black.
    Inner World: A deserted wasteland covered in trenches going hundreds of feet deep, bear untold amount of phantasms in the shapes of soliders constantly at war with one another fromevery era immaginable. Yet never a sound is heard except for the constant wind.

-Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The blade erupts in to flames and the whole weapon turns to dust. this then swirls about James and latches onto his coat and creates fine gloves upon his hands. heat seems to radiate off him and the coat now has a trail of sparks him as he moves.

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disperse: He can at will disperse his body as ashes, but when in that form can only move slow and is easily damaged by the wind or water, and is no longer considered armored.
    Erupt: At a touch he can cause a non living objest to get super heated and then explode at a set time (no longer then a 1 minute delay). He can only traget an unattended non-Zanpakuto object up to the size of a average door and below.The larger the object then longer it take to heat up to point of explosion, but also is more powerful. Example a handful of pebbles would take seconds to heat up and the explosion would be equivalent to cherry bombs, while a door would take a minute, but the explosion would be he equivalent to a car bomb.
    Bombard: Allows him to shot patches of silver fire that cause an object to erupt as described above (decides how long it takes to set of before he shots, bigger round take longer to make and longer to fully charge and object). Then range for this is hundreds of feet but while launching his coat extends and forms to the shape of a barrel held by his hands while kneeling from his the top of his shoulder. while in this state he is extremely heavy and hard to move and is still considered armored as above.

Bankai (locked): Bear witness to tears from a world torn asunder and a sorrow never-ending.
    -Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same as above but now he has a signal gold ring on his right hand and were ever he walks flame erupts around him. Also now on his back is 3 sets of flaming wings that can be utilized as weapons

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Increase the speed at which he can use the powers noted in Shikai and their strength is doubled. Also he gains the Fallowing abilities.

Arise and lay waste:Causes the corpses of the dead to rise as flaming corpses under his command in a mile wide radius. Each is at the strength of a standard unseated soul reaper and have the erupt ability. They can also apply erupt abilities to themselves and detonate on command.
    Perish and find peace: Raising his hand bearing the ring a signal beam of pure white light (width of his finger) vaporizes anything it passes through to the range of ...?
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2013-03-04 at 01:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Reboot is not what we need here. We don't even have much anything to reboot yet. What we need is more players, possibly to fill positions of absent players.

We also don't have a faction problem. We have the Shinigami, Arrancar and Mortals, ergo all three main factions of Bleach. We don't need more, and we don't need less, untill the plot really gets moving forward.

We can move to an "organic plot", like Tebryn suggested, right away. Terry is MIA, so anyone who wants to can make a grab for Commanfer-General. Change of lead during a time of war is easily justified.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Reboot is not what we need here. We don't even have much anything to reboot yet. What we need is more players, possibly to fill positions of absent players.

We also don't have a faction problem. We have the Shinigami, Arrancar and Mortals, ergo all three main factions of Bleach. We don't need more, and we don't need less, untill the plot really gets moving forward.

We can move to an "organic plot", like Tebryn suggested, right away. Terry is MIA, so anyone who wants to can make a grab for Commanfer-General. Change of lead during a time of war is easily justified.
    I suggest that the Captain-Commander, if Terry doesn't show up to reclaim the position, become an NPC for public use.

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

Might want to start a new recurtment thread then since the only reason i found this one is because of the link in your sig.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar23 View Post
    updated the abilities for zonpakto, tell me how balanced they are, thanks

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Spirit: A swirl of fire, ashes, and darkness that constantly shifting its shape, but when it talks or fights it has the upper torso of a feminine angel like being made of of ashes with flicks of fire acting as hiar and lagre wings. while the lower is that of a long gown formed of some sort of cloth stained black.
    Inner World: A deserted wasteland covered in trenches going hundreds of feet deep, bear untold amount of phantasms in the shapes of soliders constantly at war with one another fromevery era immaginable. Yet never a sound is heard except for the constant wind.

-Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The blade erupts in to flames and the whole weapon turns to dust. this then swirls about James and latches onto his coat and creates fine gloves upon his hands. heat seems to radiate off him and the coat now has a trail of sparks him as he moves.

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disperse: He can at will disperse his body as ashes, but when in that form can only move slow and is easily damaged by the wind or water, and is no longer considered armored.
    Erupt: At a touch he can cause a non living objest to get super heated and then explode at a set time (no longer then a 1 minute delay). then larger the object then longer it take to heat up to point of explosion, but also is more powerful. Example a handful of pebbles would take seconds to heat up and the explosion would be equivalent to cherry bombs, while a door would take a minute, but the explosion would be he equivalent to a car bomb.
    Bombard: Allows him to shot patches of silver fire that cause an object to erupt as described above (decides how long it takes to set of before he shots, bigger round take longer to make and longer to fully charge and object). Then range for this is hundreds of feet but while launching his coat extends and forms to the shape of a barrel held by his hands while kneeling from his the top of his shoulder. while in this state he is extremely heavy and hard to move and is still considered armored as above.

Bankai (locked): Bear witness to tears from a world torn asunder and a sorrow never-ending.
    -Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same as above but now he has a signal gold ring on his right hand and were ever he walks flame erupts around him. Also now on his back is 3 sets of flaming wings that can be utilized as weapons

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Increase the speed at which he can use the powers noted in Shikai and their strength is doubled. Also he gains the Fallowing abilities.

Arise and lay waste:Causes the corpses of the dead to rise as flaming corpses under his command in a mile wide radius. Each is at the strength of a standard unseated soul reaper and have the erupt ability. They can also apply erupt abilities to themselves and detonate on command.
    Perish and find peace: Raising his hand bearing the ring a signal beam of pure white light (width of his finger) vaporizes anything it passes through to the range of ...?
    Personally, it's always bugged me when a shinigami's shikai becomes a piece of armor or clothing. That's supposed to be extremely rare in-canon, with notable exceptions like Ichigo of Old Man Yama, and typically Arrancar, or possibly Fullbringers, are the ones who have armor transformations. My personal opinion aside, however, there's nothing forbidding that.

Your Shikai should probably be limited to objects of a certain size. If your character can go around blowing up buildings at a touch, even if it takes longer, that's kind of broken. But maybe the limitations of the Shikai are such that he would only blow up a part of the wall at a time. I assume that the ability of his Shikai would not affect other Zanpakutos, or spirits for that matter, since Shinigami aren't technically alive.

I am assuming your character DOESN'T actually have Bankai unlocked. There's no way an unseated would have Bankai unlocked, and it should be extremely rare even for an unseated to have Shikai. That being said, raising a bunch of fiery corpses is definitely a knock-off of someone in canon already, and a bunch of corpses which explode things by touch seems a little broken even for a Bankai.

I wouldn't worry about the Bankai just yet. A lot of characters don't have their Bankai listed as it isn't relevant to them.

19. - Top - End - #649

Sure tis is my frist time making one so no prb with you crtiques; umm as to the wording how should I do it. You want to stick with the door size mentioned in the example or something smaller. also I thought I mentioned it couldn't target anothers weapon, should stat it can only target unattended objects unless held by himself.

To the banki i just was having fun (but who has the army raising corpse ability, I don't seem to remember him?) Also I dead post in () that his banki is locked

As to the blades transformation, I didn't want him to just be toting around a gun and the idea of a cloak of ashes apeal to me for some reason.

Beyond that .... does his other powers seem ok, and should I just have his shiki locked then?
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2013-03-04 at 12:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I suggest that the Captain-Commander, if Terry doesn't show up to reclaim the position, become an NPC for public use.
    According to Lord-Cao-Cao in RailgunITP, Terry is apparently not interested in FFRPGs any more and is unlikely to post in the near future. Not sure how long that is, though. ^_^'

As for rebooting: I am perfectly fine with it either way. It seems a bit too early, and I agree with Frozen_Feet's points, but I would certainly try to stay around if it was rebooted again.

Speaking of that, I apologise for not posting at all yet. It is probably my own fault, but I have not really seen a big opportunity to jump in without interrupting something or having to figure out why my characters would be at a school or training ground that they have little business in. Will try my best to figure something out soon, though! ^_^
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sure tis is my frist time making one so no prb with you crtiques; umm as to the wording how should I do it. You want to stick with the door size mentioned in the example or something smaller. also I thought I mentioned it couldn't target anothers weapon, should stat it can only target unattended objects unless held by himself.

To the banki i just was having fun (but who has the army raising corpse ability, I don't seem to remember him?) Also I dead post in () that his banki is locked
    Er... depending on how far you are in Bleach, answering that might be serious spoilers. It could just be a coincidence. I might've missed those other details, but if that's the case, then I don't see anything wrong with it unless someone else does.

22. - Top - End - #652

Its fine to tell me ( I think i read all the magna and if not oh well) just spoil it so others don't get the surprise. So door size would be ok for shiki?

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Its fine to tell me ( I think i read all the magna and if not oh well) just spoil it so others don't get the surprise. So door size would be ok for shiki?
    SPOILERS FOR PEOPLE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH MANGA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of Old Man Yama's Bankai is to raise the charred corpses of everyone he's ever killed to command a legion of dead skeletal warriors against his opponent.

I think a door-size is probably fine. Like you said, it takes a minute or so to charge up something that large.

24. - Top - End - #654

updated with the suggestions, and I don't think i read that one, you know whcih chapter that that is in?

Anything else do you think is needed, I have him assigned as unseated but I can always up his seat to make sense why he is so strong, even switch to another squad to suite his abilites.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

-Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erupt: At a touch he can cause a non living objest to get super heated and then explode at a set time (no longer then a 1 minute delay). He can only traget an unattended non-Zanpakuto object up to the size of a average door and below.The larger the object then longer it take to heat up to point of explosion, but also is more powerful. Example a handful of pebbles would take seconds to heat up and the explosion would be equivalent to cherry bombs, while a door would take a minute, but the explosion would be he equivalent to a car bomb.

-Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that fight between Mikael and Vicente has finally reached its epic conclusion, I'm aiming to finally keep my promise to Dorizzit and get Mikael to Jehoel's domain. On that note, I'd be very glad if someone would play an NPC or PC Hollow to guide him on his way.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So...

Plot.

Let's get it moving.

Any ideas? For any of the factions/characters?

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been attempting to make my own pseudo-mini-plot for Hueco Mundo, which is working so far. Other than that, I think most of us are just waiting for orders from the hollow king.
    As for Seireitei, I'm not sure what to do there except plan and spar until something else attacks, or we get ordered to attack/help the mortals, etc.
    In the Mortal World, I think we need a shinigami and maybe an arrancar or something to try to recruit humans for their side of the war, or more hollows to kill.

Also, Frozen Feet, I'm about to have a directionless arrancar character free. I'd be more than happy to oblige, if you like. Or I could whip up a plain hollow. Whichever.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2013-03-04 at 07:42 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael and me have a plot for mortals. Before that, however, I'd like to see more activity and random shuffling on their part.

Mikael's plot will affect Seireitei too, but I need to get him properly acquianted with the Hollows first.

As for Seireitei, we need a new Commander General and Captains. Just the selection and nominations of new people to fit those positions should, in theory, create enough momentum to drive the plot for a while.

"What do you mean we got a new Commander-General? Didn't we just pick one a week ago?"

CMOTDibbler, any character is fine.

29. - Top - End - #659

James Dunwell
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 245 lb.
    Station: Unseated Trooper of the Combat Squad's "which ever"

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dressed as any other tropper except wears a dull grey breast plate, of which the engraving resembles swirls of smoke. Also wears a old and tattered WW2 officier great coat over his robes, its edges are signed and ashes seem to constanatly fall from it yet never reach the ground. A officers cap sits nestled in his brun hair. A matching sash goes around his waist and over the coat and hold the scabard to a ww2 one handed battle sword.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very open and honest, and constantly offering advice to those who look younger than him. Will often disappear and pop up in odd areas since he constantly wandrs about the Soul Society as he is constantly learning all there is to it. In a fight he will stick to it until he is either the last man alive, or all others have retreated. this is due to his view of it being his responsibility to graud the troops retreat or postion on the field.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    An united staes artillery serget in ww2, he died after one of his officers misshandled a round and set if off. Befor he had died he served as a architect in japan and was learning greatly about their culture and history, but after pearl harbor all u.s. citizens were called back. Yet the day befor he left to go for the station a robed figure touched his shoulder and said "I will be seeing you soon" and disappeared. Moments after his death the same figured appeared above him as he laid dying and reached for him. As his soul stood up from his body he looked about and for the frist time saw hallows being destroyed by those he would later learn to be shinigami of "the pack".

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

His ability of dueling with the sword surpasses many, but his strength and speed are below that of a average Shinigami, but ever since his death both his eyesight and reflexes surpass many in his unit (besides kiba). His shupo very short range (no more then 15 feet at a time), but takes him a moment to use. The only thing though he must frist take a step in the desired diecrtion and can only move in a stright line (but may angle rise or desecnt). This though can allow him to move very rapidly across the field that to him is a walking pace. As to kidou his lends only to physical enhancment and binding. His Hakuda is able to keep up with other fighters easly, even up to exchanging blows with the vice captain for a time. Problem is that it is very similar to greco style wrestleing and some odd bit of boxing, putting him at a disadvantege agaisnt those who are stronger or use thier kicks. Overall he is very good at hding his reitsu from his oppenets, allowing him to step up long range to close range ambushes. His biggest strength though is manipulatiing combat situations through strategy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

-Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

-Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Power(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

30. - Top - End - #660

There, I think he is finished, ?'s, problems, whatever i need to do next; thanks for the help so far.

I would like him to be in the artillery squad and as to final seating do what makes him easy to fit.
    Last edited by Scholar23; 2013-03-04 at 08:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek