New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Why do I feel like I am really good at writing myself out of plot involvement?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post
    I have no idea, but if you figure out how to turn it around, tell me! I keep wanting to write something, but finding myself utterly baffled as to how not to write myself less into things. Eep! ._.

Hmm, maybe we could make a scene with both our characters? If we end up writing ourselves out of plot involvement, at least we can have a suybplot of not being plot-involved. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I have no idea, but if you figure out how to turn it around, tell me! I keep wanting to write something, but finding myself utterly baffled as to how not to write myself less into things. Eep! ._.

Hmm, maybe we could make a scene with both our characters? If we end up writing ourselves out of plot involvement, at least we can have a suybplot of not being plot-involved. ^_^'
    Something that I've done in the past, and to get back into this game in the first place, is to find a running plot and find a way to insert your character. Captains talking? Your dude may need to step in and talk about day to day events in the Division. Things like that.

4. - Top - End - #814

Omg yes! Subplots. You should likeeeeee PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Something that I've done in the past, and to get back into this game in the first place, is to find a running plot and find a way to insert your character. Captains talking? Your dude may need to step in and talk about day to day events in the Division. Things like that.
    Alrighty! I'll try that thanks.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

My two cents:

First, since you have two characters, you can rotate between them: when one character exists stage right, focus on finding something to do for the other. The beauty of having multiple characters is that you don't need to be active with all of them to still play a part in the game.

Second, when you have nothing to do, take a look at the character registry and see if some recently active player has a character you have not seen in a while in the IC thread. For example, Tebryn has his Log&Med Vice-Captain you could pester next. It's a good way to pull other, less-used characters back to the spotlight.

Also, Keveak, wasn't one of your characters trailing Miya and Yui?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Good point, but wouldn't that be rather disruptive? I do suppose Alice could have a reason to interrupt Sawada or even another Division leader, but I kind of assumed that non-Captains were not supposed to barge in on Captain affairs.

Then again, always a good thing to try. Thanks! ^_^

Omg yes! Subplots. You should likeeeeee PM me!
    I shall! I may need to clean up my PM box, but I shall as soon as it is not night-time in Denmark!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Also, Keveak, wasn't one of your characters trailing Miya and Yui?
    Rin was following them because Yui seemed to be stalking Miya, but I did not realise that I should have had Rin interrupt to question this despite Yui not actually doing anything threatening before it was too late. My bad, really. ^_^'

However, this does mean I could have Rin come by anyone who ventures away from talking to people inside their homes... :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Good point, but wouldn't that be rather disruptive? I do suppose Alice could have a reason to interrupt Sawada or even another Division leader, but I kind of assumed that non-Captains were not supposed to barge in on Captain affairs.

Then again, always a good thing to try. Thanks! ^_^
    Who dares wins.

If you think it may be a problem...ask in the OOC. This may come off as harsh but people can only do so much to write open ended scripts for people to enter. It takes a little effort from everyone to be included in a storyline.

8. - Top - End - #818

Sounds fair to me. How would you feel about her brother being "Mind controlled" by Tsukiyomi to get him free from his prison which...would start the blood bath at the Scarlet Garden.
    That is perfectly fine. However, it leaves me with a question:

Did Tsukiyomi cause the attack by the Arrancars, or did he merely take advantage of it when it arrived? What I mean to say is, are you planning on him having gotten the Arrancars to attack somehow after he escaped, or did he simply see the opportunity to escape arise during the attack and he took it, causing as much confusion as possible in the meantime?
    (It's a somewhat relevant question pertaining to the Hueco Mundo leadership.)
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    That is perfectly fine. However, it leaves me with a question:

Did Tsukiyomi cause the attack by the Arrancars, or did he merely take advantage of it when it arrived? What I mean to say is, are you planning on him having gotten the Arrancars to attack somehow after he escaped, or did he simply see the opportunity to escape arise during the attack and he took it, causing as much confusion as possible in the meantime?
    (It's a somewhat relevant question pertaining to the Hueco Mundo leadership.)
    Now...I haven't really been following the Hollow side because I'm not particularly involved in it. I suppose to answer this question I should ask...what are the Arrancar saying about the attack? If anything.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

Disciple I'm still waiting on a response from Miko
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Disciple I'm still waiting on a response from Miko
    Sorry, I was kind of distracted yesterday when my apartment building caught on fire.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Sorry, I was kind of distracted yesterday when my apartment building caught on fire.
    Alrighty then. That definitely takes precedent over posting a on a RP board. Hope nothing of value was lost dude.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Alrighty then. That definitely takes precedent over posting a on a RP board. Hope nothing of value was lost dude.
    Fortunately, it turned out to be several apartments and one floor away from mine so no damage to my apartment.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to wait until Monday for CMOT to post in the mortal world area before moving things forward with that. Sorry for making you all wait, I should have posted before hand

Kevaek. If you have a mortal world character, perhaps he/she could get to the classroom and get involved with that story.

In fact. If there are people who are -not- involved with a Mortal World character, this is an open invitation for you to get involved with the goings on. The more the merrier.

Now...I haven't really been following the Hollow side because I'm not particularly involved in it. I suppose to answer this question I should ask...what are the Arrancar saying about the attack? If anything.
    On a second note. Can anyone answer this particular question? Because it will impact how I proceed with Tsukiyomi.

15. - Top - End - #825

Nothing has been said so far. I think exactly what happened is flexible for the moment.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nothing has been said so far. I think exactly what happened is flexible for the moment.
    Well, having been told what Terry's original idea for all this was that's pretty good to know. I still second the motion that you take over as the leader of the Hollow Faction. I think I have an idea for this plot that will work out, mix in a little politics and easily be opened for plenty of factions later on down the road.

17. - Top - End - #827

Yes, there doesn't seem to be any opposition to me taking control of the Hollow Faction, so that was the intent. As for any planned plots, I'm all ears.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll wait to see if we pick up any other people when Frozen Feet posts a recruitment thread. If anyone wants in on the plot on a setup scale...PM me.

19. - Top - End - #829

Reviewing the thread, here's exactly everything that an Arrancar said about the attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Azmus, Secunda Espada, to new Arrancars View Post
    "We are at war."
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina, Cuarta Espada, to Azmus View Post
    "Or, better, how are your preparations for the strike against that Soul Society?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina, to new recruits, soon afterward View Post
    "Just don't get killed; that's not supposed to happen until after we attack the Shinigami."
    Jehoel, Primera Espada, has yet to say anything about it so far.

We also add that they were played on the assumption that an attack was already made, since that was given OoC before the game started.

Conclusion: The Arrancars have already attacked the Soul Society ("We're at war"), and are currently bored while waiting for the command to attack again. It seems everyone assumes the Hollow King will give the command in some indeterminate time, but there is not yet a timetable or any revealed plan whatsoever for the second attack.

My character Valentina, for example, is simply waiting for the word to attack again. 'Til then, she has only been preparing the newly formed Arrancars and has been watching Azmus try to decide on a Fracción. I imagine her Resurrección helped, at least initially, with the 'arriving undetected' part of the first attack.

Thus, you can basically say whatever you want and it could be true.

By the way, Tebryn, have you posted a reply to Nicole from Sawada and I simply missed it, or are you waiting for another player to join in the scene?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-04-08 at 12:39 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #830

Alright, as the current leader of the Hollow Faction, I'm going to try to straighten out a timeline for the war so far. This is the progression I feel is most logical, but if there anyone has any opposition, please speak out.

1. Dainichi Nyoria determines that Las Noches has gathered sufficient strength to match the Soul Society in battle.
    2. A first strike is planned, and troops are mobilized with Las Noches.
    3. The Hollows make their attack, causing what is now referred to as the "Scarlet Garden" incident.
    4. The attack is an overwhelming success, slaughtering the district's inhabitants and killing the vast majority of the response force sent by the Shinigami.
    5. Up to this point, Las Noches has not made any further attacks on the Soul Society.

I think this gives a little more guidance and doesn't conflict with anything that's already been said.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Reviewing the thread, here's exactly everything that an Arrancar said about the attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Jehoel, Primera Espada, has yet to say anything about it so far.

We also add that they were played on the assumption that an attack was already made, since that was given OoC before the game started.

Conclusion: The Arrancars have already attacked the Soul Society ("We're at war"), and are currently bored while waiting for the command to attack again. It seems everyone assumes the Hollow King will give the command in some indeterminate time, but there is not yet a timetable or any revealed plan whatsoever for the second attack.

My character Valentina, for example, is simply waiting for the word to attack again. 'Til then, she has only been preparing the newly formed Arrancars and has been watching Azmus try to decide on a Fracción. I imagine her Resurrección helped, at least initially, with the 'arriving undetected' part of the first attack.

Thus, you can basically say whatever you want and it could be true.
    I see...doesn't change much. Being at war is a constant so that doesn't mean there was an attack.

By the way, Tebryn, have you posted a reply to Nicole from Sawada and I simply missed it, or are you waiting for another player to join in the scene?
    I was waiting to give people time so I can respond to as many plots as possible in a single post. It's been a busy weekend. This may come off as a plug for my Youtube channel (which is quality and you should check it out) but I do most of my recordings over the weekend so my time to post is actually better during the week. This week was just brutal with work both day job and recording wise. I'll get a post up tomorrow.

Alright, as the current leader of the Hollow Faction, I'm going to try to straighten out a timeline for the war so far. This is the progression I feel is most logical, but if there anyone has any opposition, please speak out.

1. Dainichi Nyoria determines that Las Noches has gathered sufficient strength to match the Soul Society in battle.
    2. A first strike is planned, and troops are mobilized with Las Noches.
    3. The Hollows make their attack, causing what is now referred to as the "Scarlet Garden" incident.
    4. The attack is an overwhelming success, slaughtering the district's inhabitants and killing the vast majority of the response force sent by the Shinigami.
    5. Up to this point, Las Noches has not made any further attacks on the Soul Society.

I think this gives a little more guidance and doesn't conflict with anything that's already been said.
    Well, I asked mostly because Terry had it as...not a Hollow Attack at all. But Terry isn't around anymore and frankly, I find that writing a major plot needs a backdrop agreed on by everyone to work or we get to where we are now. Where the plotter and the plot-ees have conflicting narrative directions. The right thing to do is...change the plan and work with what's going on in the story.

The question then is, who gave the Hollows information on Shinigami numbers? Was it Tsukiyomi? Is this part of a larger plot? Or was this just fortune smiling and opening a bigger can of worms or Soul Society. That ball is, as they say, in your court Dorizzit. I'm happy either way, Tsukiyomi being a puppet master in the darkness who is playing both sides to get free...or the attack just weakened his prison and he escaped and helped the thing turn into a massacre against two of the strongest Captains in Soul Society.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-04-08 at 03:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, at this point I am waiting on CMOT to post. Tamaki got most of his question answered. Naijeru however is stuck in limbo until Dosan makes his move.

Man whenever I seem to play in these types of games I mostly get relegated to minor characters. Oh well at least this time Tamaki has the potential to be in the nitty gritty of the action. Possibly as close to main character status as you can reach in these games.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, I asked mostly because Terry had it as...not a Hollow Attack at all. But Terry isn't around anymore and frankly, I find that writing a major plot needs a backdrop agreed on by everyone to work or we get to where we are now. Where the plotter and the plot-ees have conflicting narrative directions. The right thing to do is...change the plan and work with what's going on in the story.

The question then is, who gave the Hollows information on Shinigami numbers? Was it Tsukiyomi? Is this part of a larger plot? Or was this just fortune smiling and opening a bigger can of worms or Soul Society. That ball is, as they say, in your court Dorizzit. I'm happy either way, Tsukiyomi being a puppet master in the darkness who is playing both sides to get free...or the attack just weakened his prison and he escaped and helped the thing turn into a massacre against two of the strongest Captains in Soul Society.
    Wait, Terry was originally going to have it be not a hollow attack? Really?

That's the kind of thing that should be run by the players who had to write their backstories to be directly be impacted by it.

Like the Combat Division who lost a friggin' KENPACHI to said "nonexistant attack."

Like the PC Vice-Captain who supposedly spent the whole attack fighting endless wave after wave of hollows while he watched his men getting butchered for an attack they were completely unprepared for.

Just how long was he planning on waiting before telling the rest of the players there was no hollow attack and it was all propaganda or whatever we were conspicuously duped by.

*pant pant*

[/endrant]

Anyway, I'm still operating under the assumption that there was a hollow attack and they did significant damage to Soul Society before retreating.

One or more of the arrancars, likely Espada, managed to kill both the Kenpachi and the Grand Sorcerer in combat.

I personally imagine Jehoel to be the most likely one to have delivered the killing blow(s) to the late captains, but that's up to Dorizzit and what other arrancar characters might want to take credit.

As for why the other hollows retreated, maybe they didn't want to risk fighting the rest of the captains at once, maybe they were satisfied with the damage they already dealt, maybe they want to let the rest of Soul Society stew before they finish them off, maybe there's some other conspiratorial goal in mind for someone. Any or all of these could be somehow true.

Also, just to list them off, in terms of potential villainous masterminds, we have...

The Hollow King (Now Jehoel I'm guessing)
    Mikael
    Tsukiyomi
    and Hades

24. - Top - End - #834

Spoiler
    Show
    Based on everything that's happening, I believe that it is a universally better plan to have the Hollow Attack actually have occurred.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless there was a way for Tsukiyomi to communicate with Las Noches about the attack, I find it unlikely there would have been prior communication. If there is some way that could have happened, I don't have any problem with him being the puppet master behind that individual attack. Otherwise, I think it would make the most sense that he got free during the attack and helped ensure the deaths of the Captains. If he did that, he could easily be considered an ally of Las Noches at the present, which would let him try to pull a puppet master act on the Hollows.

In reference to what DiscipleofBob said, Jehoel was definitely the primary combatant on the side of the Hollows in the fight against the captains, but other Espada or Tsukiyomi could have helped as well.

The attack was broken off because it had two goals: see how the Hollows fared against the Shinigami, and cause as much damage as possible with the advantage of surprise. Needless to say, both were a resounding success, so the attack was broken off before the tides could be turned.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Terry never expounded on the idea, since he lost interest before it became relevant. I and Tebryn are guilty of reintroducing it in to the game.

Though as noted, both IC and OOC, "hollows attacked and killed two captains" and "hollows had inside help" are not mutually exclusive. Everyone can continue to treat the official truth at the beginning of the story as a fact, because it is.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, Terry was originally going to have it be not a hollow attack? Really?

That's the kind of thing that should be run by the players who had to write their backstories to be directly be impacted by it.

Like the Combat Division who lost a friggin' KENPACHI to said "nonexistant attack."

Like the PC Vice-Captain who supposedly spent the whole attack fighting endless wave after wave of hollows while he watched his men getting butchered for an attack they were completely unprepared for.

Just how long was he planning on waiting before telling the rest of the players there was no hollow attack and it was all propaganda or whatever we were conspicuously duped by.

*pant pant*
    The original idea, from what I was told and not by Terry so I don't know anything else he planned, was that it was an inside job by Shinigami. It's what prompted me to make Tsukiyomi and illusion powers. I can't answer any of the questions because Terry wasn't the one who told me but he isn't here to defend himself and I suspect he's not coming back. All we do now is move on and make it work.

The Hollow King (Now Jehoel I'm guessing)
    Mikael
    Tsukiyomi
    and Hades
    You forgot Sawada.

Based on everything that's happening, I believe that it is a universally better plan to have the Hollow Attack actually have occurred.

Unless there was a way for Tsukiyomi to communicate with Las Noches about the attack, I find it unlikely there would have been prior communication. If there is some way that could have happened, I don't have any problem with him being the puppet master behind that individual attack. Otherwise, I think it would make the most sense that he got free during the attack and helped ensure the deaths of the Captains. If he did that, he could easily be considered an ally of Las Noches at the present, which would let him try to pull a puppet master act on the Hollows.

In reference to what DiscipleofBob said, Jehoel was definitely the primary combatant on the side of the Hollows in the fight against the captains, but other Espada or Tsukiyomi could have helped as well.

The attack was broken off because it had two goals: see how the Hollows fared against the Shinigami, and cause as much damage as possible with the advantage of surprise. Needless to say, both were a resounding success, so the attack was broken off before the tides could be turned.
    I'll get more on this after work.

Terry never expounded on the idea, since he lost interest before it became relevant. I and Tebryn are guilty of reintroducing it in to the game.

Though as noted, both IC and OOC, "hollows attacked and killed two captains" and "hollows had inside help" are not mutually exclusive. Everyone can continue to treat the official truth at the beginning of the story as a fact, because it is.

We did yes, though it'd be a shame to just leave plot threads dangling. It's why I've been trying to ascertain where we are in all the plot lines to get things moving for real.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-04-08 at 03:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I have no problem with the idea that the hollows had help from the shinigami. My only complaint was with the concept that there never was a hollow attack to begin with.

You forgot Sawada.
    Well, I WAS giving Sawada the benefit of the doubt and assuming he was just a prick with a lot of irons in the fire and not a villain. Until now that is.

EDIT: I PMed CMOTDibbler, but I get the feeling he might be AWOL for whatever reason. It happens. If he doesn't get back to us soon I can have my mortal teacher character appear and suddenly call him away so the scene can continue.

Also, my offer still stands to provide hollow "random" encounters to the mortal world if wanted/needed.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-04-08 at 03:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I WAS giving Sawada the benefit of the doubt and assuming he was just a prick with a lot of irons in the fire and not a villain. Until now that is.
    I don't know why you'd do that...or why you're upset about it. He was meant to be that from the very start but most of the people in that plot left. Antagonist=/= Villain either you know? I have to shift some things around with Tsukiyomi now though....two master mindy people...probably more than one person needs. Or Sawada and Tsukiyomi are the same person!! *DUN DUN DUN*

29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground

EDIT: I PMed CMOTDibbler, but I get the feeling he might be AWOL for whatever reason. It happens. If he doesn't get back to us soon I can have my mortal teacher character appear and suddenly call him away so the scene can continue.
    Hey, sorry about being gone for a while. Things got hectic for me for a bit, but I'm finally able to get online again. Once I read up on all that has happened, I'll begin posting regularly again, I swear.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know why you'd do that...or why you're upset about it. He was meant to be that from the very start but most of the people in that plot left. Antagonist=/= Villain either you know? I have to shift some things around with Tsukiyomi now though....two master mindy people...probably more than one person needs. Or Sawada and Tsukiyomi are the same person!! *DUN DUN DUN*
    Actually, since Sawada's Soul Society version speaks in the same font as Mikael, my theory is that they're the same person. Does this mean that not only are Sawada and Tsukiyomi the same character, so is Mikael?

(The reason is that in my mind, characters using a similar font-color-combination actually sound the same.)

Anyways, our new rectruitment thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279537