New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

I had no Captain that I remember.

...anyone I can ask for translations of Z-pac names?

EDIT: Sorry about that. Life, basically, happened.

She'll be available for kidnapping/manipulation/dissection (pick appropriate) now, though. :)

EDIT2: ...I just realised, there's no Quincy characters.

There's a wonderful opening here, but I'm unsure whether to rework Natsuki to take full advantage, or make an entirely new character.

EDIT, THE THIRD: Okay, I'm going to go with rework. Does anyone have any objections to me doing a writeup of the Quincy?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-20 at 10:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Do arrancars gain strength by eating other hollows still or was eating the heart just for show?

Also as a theoretical question what happens to a high level reaper who gets turned into a hollow? (by being devoured by hollows)

Would they just be an unusually powerful hollow or would they go straight to one of the higher levels?

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I had no Captain that I remember.
    One of yours was going to be the Recon Captain, I think. But now Viera has that.

But, if you don't remember, then I guess no harm done, right?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. I have Quincy plans anyway, now.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #965

Indeed. I have Quincy plans anyway, now.
    Yay Quincy plans!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Quincy are a relatively new group on the spiritual stage- 300 years, after all, is tiny compared to the sheer age of Seretei and Hueco Mundo. Still, they may become mighty... if they survive the growing splits in the group.

The organisation was formed 300 years ago, as a collaborative effort between 5 families from both Europe and Asia, and while it has certainly expanded since then, those five families remain the heart of the group. Mortals who had all suffered at the hands of Hollows and watched as no one came to their aid, they all sought out others who had the same drive to make a difference- and they pooled their resources and knowledge to create the modern Quincy arts.

Recently, however, increasingly the Quincy have come into contact with Shinigami, and although they have been quite successful as passing themselves off as simple spiritually empowered mortals instead of the growing organisation they truly are, the leadership realises that this cannot continue. And there lies the problem, for the Quincy are aware of the different effects on defeated Hollows that their techniques and Shinigami methods have, and they are aware that while Seretei may be willing to let induviduals use such methods, they will not stand for an organised group.

The Quincy are a house dividing, now. The faction lead by the Akiyama family do not desire conflict with the Shinigami, for such would lead to both sides removing their attention from the Hollows- more to the point, they believe that purifying Hollows is a preferable path, and are advocating that the Quincy research how to do so, instead of permanently destroying souls.

The other faction, however, wants no alliance with Shinigami, who abandoned their loved ones to die. They want no mercy towards Hollows, who have killed family and devoured them. As of yet, the argument hase remained restricted to just that, argument. But there are fears that a spark- any spark- would lead to civil war.

The leader of the 'bad guy' faction is something I'm leaving undefined, for now (and indeed, open to someone else to take, I suck at playing outright villains). The Akiyama are one of the First Families, but if anyone wants to create others, they may!

...yes, the discovery that Hinata's a Sub. Shinigami would spark off the power keg quite nicely in all likelyhood.

So, thoughts?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-20 at 11:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    One of yours was going to be the Recon Captain, I think. But now Viera has that.

But, if you don't remember, then I guess no harm done, right?
    Yeah, if I remember correctly, it was the catgirl who was going to drive Kiba insane.

Quincy
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Quincy are a relatively new group on the spiritual stage- 300 years, after all, is tiny compared to the sheer age of Seretei and Hueco Mundo. Still, they may become mighty... if they survive the growing splits in the group.

The organisation was formed 300 years ago, as a collaborative effort between 5 families from both Europe and Asia, and while it has certainly expanded since then, those five families remain the heart of the group. Mortals who had all suffered at the hands of Hollows and watched as no one came to their aid, they all sought out others who had the same drive to make a difference- and they pooled their resources and knowledge to create the modern Quincy arts.

Recently, however, increasingly the Quincy have come into contact with Shinigami, and although they have been quite successful as passing themselves off as simple spiritually empowered mortals instead of the growing organisation they truly are, the leadership realises that this cannot continue. And there lies the problem, for the Quincy are aware of the different effects on defeated Hollows that their techniques and Shinigami methods have, and they are aware that while Seretei may be willing to let induviduals use such methods, they will not stand for an organised group.

The Quincy are a house dividing, now. The faction lead by the Akiyama family do not desire conflict with the Shinigami, for such would lead to both sides removing their attention from the Hollows- more to the point, they believe that purifying Hollows is a preferable path, and are advocating that the Quincy research how to do so, instead of permanently destroying souls.

The other faction, however, wants no alliance with Shinigami, who abandoned their loved ones to die. They want no mercy towards Hollows, who have killed family and devoured them. As of yet, the argument hase remained restricted to just that, argument. But there are fears that a spark- any spark- would lead to civil war.

The leader of the 'bad guy' faction is something I'm leaving undefined, for now (and indeed, open to someone else to take, I suck at playing outright villains). The Akiyama are one of the First Families, but if anyone wants to create others, they may!

...yes, the discovery that Hinata's a Sub. Shinigami would spark off the power keg quite nicely in all likelyhood.

So, thoughts?
    Regarding the "villain Quincy leader" concept, we have a lot of villains who are acting all at once right now. It's a good idea for later, but for now another villain might get lost in the crowd.

I will say if you're looking to start up a Quincy faction, I'll probably have a character for it.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Regarding the "villain Quincy leader" concept, we have a lot of villains who are acting all at once right now. It's a good idea for later, but for now another villain might get lost in the crowd.
    Well, yeah, of course. That's why I'm saying the split hasn't devolved into outright combat yet.

And right, forgot about her. I might introduce her as a lower seat, but maybe not.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-21 at 12:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, yeah, of course. That's why I'm saying the split hasn't devolved into outright combat yet.
    When it does...I'll take the "villain". If all goes according to plan, I'll be needing another character to play when the Quincy thing becomes plot important.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine with me, Tebryn. :) You can probably make another of the Houses while you're at it.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine with me, Tebryn. :) You can probably make another of the Houses while you're at it.
    Already have stuff in mind.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool cool. Incidentally, I've rewritten the Akiyama Twins' abilities, I'll write up their backstories now, then I'll start posting. :)

Anywhere they could pop in?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool cool. Incidentally, I've rewritten the Akiyama Twins' abilities, I'll write up their backstories now, then I'll start posting. :)

Anywhere they could pop in?
    The school with Kenzen?

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Just need to catch up to what Kenzen's actually doing... but sure, they could stumble across him, maybe the next morning?

For added fun, he catches them in a middle of a "Why did you stop me from going after that thing, Hina-nee?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Just need to catch up to what Kenzen's actually doing... but sure, they could stumble across him, maybe the next morning?

For added fun, he catches them in a middle of a "Why did you stop me from going after that thing, Hina-nee?"
    There's a group of mortals assembled after a hollow attack on the school. Best place to insert your characters.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, do it that way then.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah. Just realised my Quincy history contradicts a statement by your character, Tebryn.

Um. How do you want to resolve it?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah. Just realised my Quincy history contradicts a statement by your character, Tebryn.

Um. How do you want to resolve it?
    My character? Which character?

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Sawada, this post.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't see a conflict? He said Family, there are five families. All it means is that Sawada is aware of...the "enemy" faction of the Quincy. What that means for Soul Society has yet to be determined since their are no other Quincy in play. I was going to make one way back but I scrapped that idea.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

It's more that I was going for a 'the Shinigami don't know about Quincy as an organisation yet'. Let alone internal politics.

Maybe they're under serious misconceptions of the nature of the Quincy and how big they were? Maybe they destroyed one Quincy family who went to the exteme and outright attacked Seretei. This'd be ammo for both sides in the emerging Quincy split- 'we can't afford to be divided' vs. 'they'd kill us all if they knew about us for real!'

How's that work?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-21 at 02:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

It's more that I was going for a 'the Shinigami don't know about Quincy as an organisation yet'. Let alone internal politics.

Maybe they're under serious misconceptions of the nature of the Quincy and how big they were? Maybe they destroyed one Quincy family who went to the exteme and outright attacked Seretei. This'd be ammo for both sides in the emerging Quincy split- 'we can't afford to be divided' vs. 'they'd kill us all if they knew about us for real!'

How's that work?
    What's "Recent" to beings that live for 1000 years? 300 years is a long time to avoid the notice of the heavens really. That's fine though, one of the five houses being wiped out.

23. - Top - End - #983

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Do Arrancars gain strength by eating other hollows still or was eating the heart just for show?
    Yes. They do gain strength from eating Hollows.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, to clarify, Seretei knows there were people calling themselves Quincy, and the believe they were wiped out, but they don't know that was just the one family out of five.

(And really, the way I envision it, Clan is a more appropriate term than Family.)

I'll write this into the Quincy writeup when I get home. :)
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-21 at 03:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, to clarify, Seretei knows there were people calling themselves Quincy, and the believe they were wiped out, but they don't know that was just the one family out of five.

(And really, the way I envision it, Clan is a more appropriate term than Family.)

I'll write this into the Quincy writeup when I get home. :)
    I don't know about them thinking they're wiped out. I don't think it matters to them? That's up to individual characters to decide.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Although, the first day still isn't over yet.

((Normally, how do days progress in this thing?))
    They progress when someone has the guts to say "one week later", and others follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Also as a theoretical question what happens to a high level reaper who gets turned into a hollow? (by being devoured by hollows)

Would they just be an unusually powerful hollow or would they go straight to one of the higher levels?
    Normal Hollow, or perhaps no Hollow at all. Menos, so as far as we know, permanently bond with the soul they eat. There are no leftovers.

There can be exceptions. However, in our source material, all those exceptions were caused by certain inviduals (Urahara & Aizen) tampering with a Soul's composition. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    What's "Recent" to beings that live for 1000 years? 300 years is a long time to avoid the notice of the heavens really. That's fine though, one of the five houses being wiped out.
    Funny, I recall Li raising the same point when Suou Nicole remarked their houses origins are ancient history. It really depends on the Shinigami. For most of them, "recent" is probably within the last 50 years or so.

---

Also, if we're still looking for parallels between canon characters and our own, then if Sawada is Aizen, Li must be Hirako Shinji. And Sho is Mayuri.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think it was because Orihimes brother was eaten by hollows that he turned into one himself

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

In the anime, that is true. However, he was also a human, not a Shinigami. Shinigami and other spirits already in the afterlife are usually reincarnated when they die.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Suppose was just thinking of the logistics of hollows vs reapers in all out war. Hollows turning the reapers into hollows and the reapers releasing however many spirits into the SS when they are purifying the hollows.

30. - Top - End - #990

I don't like this assumption that Eri was late to the Academy. He got there around the same time as Sawada, a little after. It's just my posting wasn't up to speed.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf