New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Help Crunk Populate His 360 Collection!

Tale as old as time.

So my 360 perished some time ago, as 360s are wont to do. Not being much of a gamer I simply mourned the deceased console for a few moments and went about my life 360-free. Cut to November 2012 and now I'm starting to miss the ol' girl and now I'm starting to think I should get a new one while we're at the end of the cycle and they're nice and cheap. Only problem is that now my 360 game collection is behind the times.

I enlist you, GiantITP, to help bring my collection out of the era of tri-cornered hats and into the hoverboard present. What are some good games for the system that have been released since April 2010? I know it's that date since I was playing Just Cause 2 when it croaked and wikipedia seems to believe it was released around that time. I'm really not picky about genre, I don't think I'm enough of a gamer to have such defined preferences. Go hog wild! Personal preferences, big sellers, critically acclaimed, forum favorites, y'know, whatever criteria you guys want I'm cool with.

Any help would be great. Thanks a ton. Stay #positive. Based for life.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Help Crunk Populate His 360 Collection!

Halo: Reach and Halo: CE Anniversary are fairly good, and then of course there's Halo 4. There's also Mass Effect 3, if you've already got 1 and 2.

There's also Games Which Should Be Played On PC, that is, Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The Witcher 1 and 2! I'm currently playing 2, because I immensely enjoyed the first one, and the second one is even better. The world is mostly pretty generic, elves, dwarves and humans. You're a witcher, a professional monster slayer (who you gonna call?) who gets drawn into events far beyond what he expected. The story is ok, nothing new, but what make the game shine are the choices you have to make. I really thought hard about some, and that's always a good sign.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

I have Skyrim for the 360 and find it absolutely wonderful. I'm not the type who spends hours modding so the 360 is perfect, and some of the mechanics (I'm looking at you lockpicking) are better. With the 360 controller.

Blask ops 1 and 2 if you like that.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'd hold off on Mass Effect, there's supposedly a "battlechest" edition coming out soon that will include all 3 games.

Bayonetta is great too, as is the newest Mortal Kombat. Speaking of fighting games, also look into Blazblue (both of them) and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 if you like those.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are fantastic. The Fallout series is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, here's my collection, all of which I would recommend, depending on your tastes:

Portal 2 (Puzzle)
    Mass Effect Trilogy (RPG/TPS)
    Skyrim (RPG)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown (TBS)
    Ace Combat: Assault Horizion (Flight Sim)
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-3 (FPS)
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 (RPG)
    Halo Reach (FPS)
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Action/Beat 'Em Up)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Stealth/RPG)
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Stealth, showing up at my house tomorrow, yay!)
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if you really don't have preferences, here's everything I have that I'd recommend to anyone to at least some degree:

RPGs:
    (Western)
    Mass Effect 1-3
    Dragon Age: Origins & 2

(Japanese)
    Tales of Vesperia
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon
    Dragon's Dogma

Fighting:
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
    Persona 4 Arena
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    Street Fighter x Tekken
    Mortal Kombat (9)

Action/Adventure:
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Batman: Arkham City
    Devil May Cry 4
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Other:
    Catherine (Horror/Puzzle)
    Brutal Legend (Action/Real-time Strategy)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Turn-based Strategy)

I'd give some information on each, but, well, without knowing which are likely to interest you most, that's a bit too many to be practical. I'd end up spending an hour writing this - I know, I've done that before...

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-14 at 02:14 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis