New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Are pierogi supposed to be deep fried?
    *sheds a single tear*

No...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    In Completely Unrelated News: *SQUAAAAAWK* *SQUEEEL* *WHIIIIIIIIINE* I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL.
    Bah, suck it up. Just you wait until you get to where I am in the edumacational process.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Huh... More people speak Polish than Persian...

Why I find that worthy of note, I have no idea. It's not even a particularly interesting fact...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

When I think of 'Piroger' (Swedish, plural), they look a bit something like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

They're placed on a quiche-thing plate, so that's the other thing in the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry, Mutant Sheep. It'll be fine. I'm starting school today, too, only for me its college. I only have two classes today, but I have two different times marked for the last one on my schedule. There's a pretty big difference between 11:30 and 1 o'clock. I guess I'll just go to the earliest one and if that's not it, wait it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Third day of Senior year. Huzzah.

I've got, let's see ... AP Literature and Composition, Choir, AP European History, Independent Study - Drawing, Chemistry, Study Hall, Pr-Calculus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Seems that an Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate is just around the corner, if the advert at the top of the page is to be believed. Most interesting.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post

Pierogi...in Chinese-Canadian restaurants? The beloved food of my people...it is so very desecrated.

Also, yes, pierogi are pretty much the same thing as what the other Slavs make, but they don't use the same name, and cook them slightly differently.
    The Finns have them as well, and they're not Slavs.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    When I think of 'Piroger' (Swedish, plural), they look a bit something like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

They're placed on a quiche-thing plate, so that's the other thing in the picture.
    Neat. They look like miniture cornish pasties.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    INTRIGUING!! DRAMATIC! IT FASCINATES. IT PIQUES THE INTEREST.

In Completely Unrelated News: *SQUAAAAAWK* *SQUEEEL* *WHIIIIIIIIINE* I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL.
    Think about it this way. Time flies when your having fun, right? Therefore, school extends your lifespan.

I bet you're excited now, huh?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

So I've had two more trainees thrown into my lap. WITHOUT my knowledge.

First day was hell. I'm dead on my feet. Feytazombie reporting for duty. Why do I have to keep training these people? I swear everyone else is too scared. Another work week down the drain.

Aaand I'm done whining. School's starting for you guys, huh? I amazingly don't envy you. But hell, enjoy the ride. It ends sooner than you might think.

Also suddenly we're 10 pages deep in a new thread? Did I magically sleep away a week or so? Who's president now? Do we have personal jetpacks yet? I'd like my rocket car now, please.

Guh, tired. Have I had coffee yet today? I can't remember. And that's odd enough to comment on.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Neat. They look like miniture cornish pasties.
    Kind of, yes. the ones I made are just basic bread dough, filled with a spicy beef mince with some onions, peppers and stuff. They turned out very nice, and are great to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. :) Or just a snack when traveling, since they can be eaten both warm or cold, and if they're cold, you don't need any cutlery.

I need to make a new batch of those soon.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Guh, tired. Have I had coffee yet today? I can't remember. And that's odd enough to comment on.
    In my experience, not remembering your coffee means you either never had it or have had several, and you are just that beat.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Seems that an Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate is just around the corner, if the advert at the top of the page is to be believed. Most interesting.
    I like those games.

ION: Ugh. First day of class in the PRT is broke down. Gotta take a bus.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-08-20 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kjata View Post
    In my experience, not remembering your coffee means you either never had it or have had several, and you are just that beat.
    Amusingly enough, I found a cold half full coffee cup standing on my filing shelf right after I posted that. Since I don't actually remember it, I'm operating on the assumption that I started on a cup and just never managed to finish it. And that never happens.

You know, completely cold coffee ain't half bad.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

15. - Top - End - #285

PirateGirl

smile Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

I've never clicked on the page top ad, until I saw this one for BG. I'd love to give this a run.

"I don't swear just for the hell of it." -Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind

16. - Top - End - #286

Amusingly enough, I found a cold half full coffee cup standing on my filing shelf right after I posted that. Since I don't actually remember it, I'm operating on the assumption that I started on a cup and just never managed to finish it. And that never happens.

You know, completely cold coffee ain't half bad.
    I'm sticking to my "None or multiples" theory. That's probably like your third cup.

And it ain't half bad. it's called iced coffee, and it's ****ing terrible.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
    I've never clicked on the page top ad, until I saw this one for BG. I'd love to give this a run.
    I'm kind of ambivalent about the whole thing. I'm still playing the original, and it's still as good as it was 14 years ago. You don't mess with a good thing.

I'd be willing to give it a go, unless they've messed with like the dialogue, voice acting, soundtrack or stuff. In that case, I'm firing it into the sun.

I'm sticking to my "None or multiples" theory. That's probably like your third cup.

And it ain't half bad. it's called iced coffee, and it's ****ing terrible.
    Heh. It's very possible.

Back in the day, as a student I worked at this fancy-pants gourmet coffee shop. We flatly refused to make iced coffee. You're right, it is ****ing terrible.
    Last edited by Feytalist; 2012-08-20 at 10:04 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288

I know, I wonder who the genius was who was like "Hey, if I leave coffee on my table all night, I wonder what it tastes like? That sounds unsanitary though, so i'll just throw a few ice cubes in."

How he came to "delicious" is so far beyond me...
    Last edited by Kjata; 2012-08-20 at 10:17 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

I know, I wonder who the genius was who was like "Hey, if I leave coffee on my table all night, I wonder what it tastes like? That sounds unsanitary though, so i'll just throw a few ice cubes in."

How he came to "delicious" is so far beyond me...
    Well... If I remember correctly... Iced Tea was invented in America by someone who was operating a stand at a carnival selling regular tea.
    However, it was the height of Summer, and much too hot for tea. So, the guy sold the tea cold instead, and thus, iced tea was invented.

They probably just tried it later with coffee.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

My friend and I brew up a double-strength French press full of dark roast mixed with a healthy amount of freshly ground cassia bark, stir in an even healthier amount of honey, and chill it. Then we mix it in a cocktail shaker with ice and pour it over coffee cream at about 3:1. This drink will replenish the joy in any depleted heart.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-08-20 at 10:22 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

You know... If I didn't hate coffee, I'd be tempted to try that out...
    I just don't know if we have any cassia in the cupboard... I suppose one can substitute cinnamon in a pinch...

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    My friend and I brew up a double-strength French press full of dark roast mixed with a healthy amount of freshly ground cassia bark, stir in an even healthier amount of honey, and chill it. Then we mix it in a cocktail shaker with ice and pour it over coffee cream at about 3:1. This drink will replenish the joy in any depleted heart.
    No, no, no
    1 part strong cold coffee, 1 part brandy, 1 part vodka, 2 parts cream.
    Shake over ice and sprinkle with ground mace.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

There is an ad for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition right now ! I love the entire BG series! Even those Xbox action games that are nothing like the rest!
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-20 at 10:52 AM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

24. - Top - End - #294

PirateGirl

smile Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

I'm kind of ambivalent about the whole thing. I'm still playing the original, and it's still as good as it was 14 years ago. You don't mess with a good thing.

I'd be willing to give it a go, unless they've messed with like the dialogue, voice acting, soundtrack or stuff. In that case, I'm firing it into the sun.
    I agree with that. However, the original (which I own and play) has a number of glitches that need improving. And I think it's fun to try different combinations of characters, and they've created three new ones.

I guess I think of games the same way I think of coffee. (She says, sneakily trying to shift the subject.) I like variety. I travel often, and each different place has its own coffee speciality. While there are some styles I like better than others, I've rarely been disappointed by coffee, as long as it is good quality prepared with care and talent. I am a fan of iced black coffee, and iced coffee sweetened with coconut syrup and milk.

Kneenibble, that recipe sounds scrumptious!

Last edited by MonkeyBusiness; 2012-08-20 at 10:57 AM.

"I don't swear just for the hell of it." -Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind

25. - Top - End - #295
    Colossus in the Playground

Well yes, that's kind of been known for awhile. I'm totally going to get it when it comes out since I've never played Baldur's Gate before.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

...you've...never...good god! That's horrible! On my list of unoffensive offensives, that's at the top right next to "I've never seen Jericho"!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Baldur's Gate? Never played it.

Jericho? Never seen it.

What'd I miss?
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

GO! Leave this forums and do not return until you have watched the entire first season of Jericho on DVD, with and without commentary, as well as the special features; then update the TvTropes page with any tropes they have missed !
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    You know... If I didn't hate coffee, I'd be tempted to try that out...
    I just don't know if we have any cassia in the cupboard... I suppose one can substitute cinnamon in a pinch...
    Closer to the cinnamon peelers than I, you are probably far less likely to have cassia labelled as cinnamon anyways. One would work as well as the other in that recipe.

You could probably produce a delicious drink with rooibos instead of coffee if that plant is available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
    I guess I think of games the same way I think of coffee. I like variety. I travel often, and each different place has its own coffee speciality. While there are some styles I like better than others, I've rarely been disappointed by coffee, as long as it is good quality prepared with care and talent. I am a fan of iced black coffee, and iced coffee sweetenedc with coconut syrup and milk.

Have you ever tried Madras Filter Coffee? It is very strong and mixed with some chicory I believe, made with hot milk and sugar. So good.

What deliciousness is this coconut syrup of which you speak? I have not tried it, and my desire uncurls towards its idea like a frond.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

From my understanding of what they have said on the page, they have added new characters, a new adventure and new voice acting, not messed with the old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    There is an ad for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition right now ! I love the entire BG series! Even those Xbox action games that are nothing like the rest!
    Beat you to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    ...you've...never...good god! That's horrible! On my list of unoffensive offensives, that's at the top right next to "I've never seen Jericho"!
    What's Jericho?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak