New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Online. I think I went there once.

Then again, I also went outside once.

I think I live in a no man's land where I'm unsociable online but don't go outside enough to be sociable IRL.
    Ahh, I can so sympathise with this. Except you've got a crush. I haven't even got unrequitted love...
    Wait a minute, my emotions are being silly and have started banging on the closet door again.
    Is that morse code? I don't even know morse code, you stupid feelings!

Silly emotions, I have no idea of what they're trying to tell me. :smallshrug:
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Putting yourself out there involves exposing yourself to a lot of people who would like to screw with you to varying degrees, whether for money, an ego boost, or just lulz. In general, I think it's better not to expose yourself. Monty Python had a good bit on "The Importance of Not Being Seen" which I may have taken a trifle too much to heart.
    Most people are nice, man.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    As Form said, nitpicking.
    But you love nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    When you go to a restaurant, the waiter doesn't mildly flirt with you?
    Because that's one of the best ways to get tips, especially if you are open and honest about it.

I'm just nitpicking in response to what I see as nitpicking from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    It might sound creepy, but I'm sure it wasn't. Because, you know, he got a large tip from the people who would be calling the police if he was being creepy.
    When you're waiting tables, you gotta do what you gotta do. A bigger tip can mean the difference between a loaf of bread and nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    See, I'd do that, but it's kind of weird for someone to just approach you on a street. I don't want to be rude after all! I do know the general location of the library, so I could try that, but again I just...think it's rude to just randomly talk to people
    It's not, it's called being friendly. I mean, obviously, you don't corner people on the street and say, "Hey, we're friends now." But when you pass people, say hi. If you see someone who looks particularly interesting, start a conversation. When you show people you're interested in them, they'll respond in kind.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-08-25 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Wait a minute, my emotions are being silly and have started banging on the closet door again.

Follow your heart they said, so I went and punched people on the streets, it WAS saying pum! pum! at a steady rate after all.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-25 at 06:09 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, you know, that's just what happens when the skeletons in there start falling apart.

Sounds like you need to talk a bit more, Miss Moony-wally-flower-cat-thing.
    Actually, a family friend gave me them. They're from a mummy in Egypt.

Talk more about what?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ah, I hate that mixture. Don't worry, I'll try to break down your barriers Moonie! You're my friend, after all

Also, you picked the best nickname for me because of its association with being happy.
    FWENZ!

Oh, I just noticed that.

Ahh, I can so sympathise with this. Except you've got a crush. I haven't even got unrequitted love...

To be honest, I'm slightly concerned that I don't actually have a crush on him, I just have a crush on the idea of doing a normal people thing lke liking someone. That's what it was the one ever time before this when I thought I liked someone.

SHADDAP EMOTIONS!

Did that help?

ION: kptz4tv's Mello in their Abridged Death Note is the most amazing voice I have ever heard. I was crying with laughter when I first heard him.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #875
    Colossus in the Playground

For some reason this amuses me

Sorry

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Online. I think I went there once.

Then again, I also went outside once.

I think I live in a no man's land where I'm unsociable online but don't go outside enough to be sociable IRL.
    I'm there too, posting here is me working on that

7. - Top - End - #877

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Follow your heart they said, so I went and punched people on the streets, it WAS saying pum! pum! at a steady rate after all.
    Someday I'll meet someone whose heart joins with mine/ aortas and arteries all intertwined

Don't know why that's relevant. Allthough any reason to quote musicals is good. And the name is Follow Your Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    I'm there too, posting here is me working on that
    Yeah. Me too.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Someday I'll meet someone whose heart joins with mine/ aortas and arteries all intertwined
    I've heard that happens at sufficiently high temperatures and/or at Third Impact.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

9. - Top - End - #879

I've heard that happens at sufficiently high temperatures and/or at Third Impact.
    Yeah. One of the jokes of that song is the two singers are just far too literal-minded for love songs.

Boy: Did you mean what you said? About everyone having a heart?

Girl: Do you think you'd be feeling as bad as you do if you didn't have a heart?

Boy: I don't know. I suppose not.

Girl: Of course you wouldn't. Because then you'd be dead!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-25 at 06:43 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah. One of the jokes of that song is the two singers are just far too literal-minded for love songs.

Boy: Did you mean what you said? About everyone having a heart?

Girl: Do you think you'd be feeling as bad as you do if you didn't have a heart?

Boy: I don't know. I suppose not.

Girl: Of course you wouldn't. Because then you'd be dead!
    Artificial heart! Because not only I get something devoid of heat inside my thoracic cavity!

11. - Top - End - #881

Artificial heart! Because not only I get something devoid of heat inside my thoracic cavity!
    You're a damn cool maniac, August.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-25 at 06:49 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

You're a cool maniac, August.
    Some say I'm somewhat chilly, actually, other's just say I'm probably a male version of 9.

13. - Top - End - #883

Some say I'm somewhat chilly, actually, other's just say I'm probably a male version of 9.
    Is this one of those things where I have no idea what you're talking about? I do believe it is.

Less pop culture, more discussion on the anatomy of the heart!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

Is this one of those things where I have no idea what you're talking about? I do believe it is.

Less pop culture, more discussion on the anatomy of the heart!
    Not pop culture, j-pop culture.

Well, I for once actually like the shape of the heart, and eventually will get one in a jar to join my floating eye and appendix.

ION: BOTANY EXPERIMENTS! Decided to start watering my bonsais with different substances, Bonsai one gets Water, Bonsai two gets Animal Blood, Bonsai three gets distilled water. I really hope I can make a race of blood bonsais...
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-25 at 07:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #885

Not pop culture, j-pop culture.

Well, I for once actually like the shape of the heart, and eventually will get one in a jar to join my floating eye and appendix.

ION: BOTANY EXPERIMENTS! Decided to start watering my bonsais with different substances, Bonsai one gets Water, Bonsai two gets Animal Blood, Bonsai three gets distilled water. I really hope I can make a race of blood bonsais...
    In fourth grade, I decided that for Valentine's day I would make hand written cards for everyone on some lovely dark maroon paper, and put a picture of a real human on every cards. I also added some fancy candy to each one. It took a lot of work thinking of something nice to say about everyone (I kinda disliked many of them), and I gave them to everyone the next day.

I think that, plus the day in first grade where I was trying to twist a dead quail's head around as far as I could because I thought it was cool, has really helped educate my parents on the kind of person I am. That, and the fingers.

(for the record, I suddenly got really shy once I put everyone's card in their box, so I hid behind an easel and watched everyone. no one actually said anything to me about it, but I heard lots of kids whispering about it afterwards.)
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

In fourth grade, I decided that for Valentine's day I would make hand written cards for everyone on some lovely dark maroon paper, and put a picture of a real human on every cards. I also added some fancy candy to each one. It took a lot of work thinking of something nice to say about everyone (I kinda disliked many of them), and I gave them to everyone the next day.
    That's kinda... cute-ish... the idea of valentine day didn't exist for me until much later than fourth grade, probably because I was at an all boys school so the school didn't even care for it.
    I think that, plus the day in first grade where I was trying to twist a dead quail's head around as far as I could because I thought it was cool, has really helped educate my parents on the kind of person I am. That, and the fingers.
    My parents didn't know until they found the salt maze on the backyard and snail shells. That and coupled with the holes on the backyard and the mysteriously disappearing fertilizer kinda got them on edge. They didn't intervene until I almost got myself an eye-patch though.

(for the record, I suddenly got really shy once I put everyone's card in their box, so I hid behind an easel and watched everyone. no one actually said anything to me about it, but I heard lots of kids whispering about it afterwards.)
    Daw?

17. - Top - End - #887

That's kinda... cute-ish... the idea of valentine day didn't exist for me until much later than fourth grade, probably because I was at an all boys school so the school didn't even care for it.

My parents didn't know until they found the salt maze on the backyard and snail shells. That and coupled with the holes on the backyard and the mysteriously disappearing fertilizer kinda got them on edge. They didn't intervene until I almost got myself an eye-patch though.

Daw?
    In elementary school for me, it was a massive holiday for everyone, becuase everyone got candy. If you made any valentines, you had to give one to everyone in your class. It was considered uncool to not have candy in your valentines, so basically everyone gave everyone else store-bought bulk cards with cheap candy attached. I don't think anyone even understood the concept beyond 'look cool by giving cool candy, and eat a ton of sugar'. (By which I mean often more than my Halloween haul each year.)

You killed stuff? I just obsessed over things that had already died and tried to mummify lightbulbs. My parents still haven't intervened.

Daw?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

In elementary school for me, it was a massive holiday for everyone, becuase everyone got candy. If you made any valentines, you had to give one to everyone in your class. It was considered uncool to not have candy in your valentines, so basically everyone gave everyone else store-bought bulk cards with cheap candy attached. I don't think anyone even understood the concept beyond 'look cool by giving cool candy, and eat a ton of sugar'. (By which I mean often more than my Halloween haul each year.)
    I on the other hand got All Hallows' Eve at school (instead of Halloween) where each boy would go dressed as a saint, if you had one by your namesake then you would automatically be assigned that one. Only Kindergarten and 1st grade got to dress, the rest just had to bring them candy, but they oft looked so cute you didn't mind, that and you would only give half of what your parents sent you with...

You killed stuff? I just obsessed over things that had already died and tried to mummify lightbulbs. My parents still haven't intervened.
    I actually don't consider animals to be on as high regard as most people do, so yes, I did kill snails, well no, they killed themselves by trawling into the salt (cheaters don't prosper). And some ant colonies... I never harmed plants though.

I got my eyeball in a jar from a doctor uncle, and the appendix as well, from simpler times where doctors could give you your appendix as souvenir after the surgery. And well, I got cow heart by asking for it to my aunt who has a farm.

Daw?
    Whispering could be: How cute! or Oh my god, I feel nauseous, who could do something so unusual!

19. - Top - End - #889

I on the other hand got All Hallows' Eve at school (instead of Halloween) where each boy would go dressed as a saint, if you had one by your namesake then you would automatically be assigned that one. Only Kindergarten and 1st grade got to dress, the rest just had to bring them candy, but they oft looked so cute you didn't mind, that and you would only give half of what your parents sent you with...

I actually don't consider animals to be on as high regard as most people do, so yes, I did kill snails, well no, they killed themselves by trawling into the salt (cheaters don't prosper). And some ant colonies... I never harmed plants though.

I got my eyeball in a jar from a doctor uncle, and the appendix as well, from simpler times where doctors could give you your appendix as souvenir after the surgery. And well, I got cow heart by asking for it to my aunt who has a farm.

Whispering could be: How cute! or Oh my god, I feel nauseous, who could do something so unusual!
    I happen to live one street over from the most popular Halloween spot in town, which would be pretty neat if I ever went around demanding candy from strangers with anyone. Normally, any candy I would get I'd sell to my parents, so I'd get money and they'd successfully keep me away from sweets.

Hmm. I like to take snails out sidewalks so no one steps on them.

Nice. I don't think I'd be allowed to keep any eyeballs I'd get.

It was more like "did you get one too?" "yeah" "do you tihnk something's wrong with her?" "it was so gross!" "it was from MoonCat, right?" "who else?" all in whispered tones.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

I happen to live one street over from the most popular Halloween spot in town, which would be pretty neat if I ever went around demanding candy from strangers with anyone. Normally, any candy I would get I'd sell to my parents, so I'd get money and they'd successfully keep me away from sweets.
    I was forced to Halloween, there are photos from me frowning in absurd cute costumes for about 7 years... years later my parents found ironic that I cosplayed to animecons.
    Hmm. I like to take snails out sidewalks so no one steps on them.
    I keep a small garden on a cut off section of the house garden which faces my room and keep a number of bonsais. I find animals to be walking food, plants however I do find wonderful.
    Nice. I don't think I'd be allowed to keep any eyeballs I'd get.
    My parents don't care as long as it remains in my room.
    It was more like "did you get one too?" "yeah" "do you tihnk something's wrong with her?" "it was so gross!" "it was from MoonCat, right?" "who else?" all in whispered tones.
    That's kinda... normal reaction for children seeing a human heart, while the idea is cute the execution would produce similar reactions, there is a chance they didn't read the back part. I would find it endearing, but at that age I was already learning taxidermy so... not the norm.

21. - Top - End - #891

I was forced to Halloween, there are photos from me frowning in absurd cute costumes for about 7 years... years later my parents found ironic that I cosplayed to animecons.

I keep a small garden on a cut off section of the house garden which faces my room and keep a number of bonsais. I find animals to be walking food, plants however I do find wonderful.

My parents don't care as long as it remains in my room.

That's kinda... normal reaction for children seeing a human heart, while the idea is cute the execution would produce similar reactions, there is a chance they didn't read the back part. I would find it endearing, but at that age I was already learning taxidermy so... not the norm.
    SQUEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEeeeeEEEEEeee!

Plants are cool.

My mom was trying to help me find something that she thought was in my closet one time when she bumped into the stationary box I kept my fingers in. She got rather freaked out when I told her what was in the box.

Odd. I remember the first time I saw bunch of preserved human parts (I think it was either 2nd or 1st grade). The only thing that concerned me was how they got the brain, for some reason I thought they'd taken it out of someone alive.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

SQUEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEeeeeEEEEEeee!
    I'm not posting those ever.
    Plants are cool.
    Indeed they are, hence why I have them instead of pets.
    My mom was trying to help me find something that she thought was in my closet one time when she bumped into the stationary box I kept my fingers in. She got rather freaked out when I told her what was in the box.
    The maids draw sticks to see whose turn is to polish the Eye and the Appendix Jar.
    Odd. I remember the first time I saw bunch of preserved human parts (I think it was either 2nd or 1st grade). The only thing that concerned me was how they got the brain, for some reason I thought they'd taken it out of someone alive.
    My first thought was: I wonder how they make them not rot like beef does.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-25 at 09:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Before that she'll need Hat Full of Sky. We can skip Wee Free Men as it's less contexty, and we wont even tell her about the existence of I Shall Wear Midnight. That book was not good.
    Heresy, madam! To imply that any book written by PTerry could be bad!

I'll grant you that it's definitely the weakest of the four, but that doesn't make it bad. It's merely good, rather than excellent.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

24. - Top - End - #894

I'm not posting those ever.

Indeed they are, hence why I have them instead of pets.
    The maids draw sticks to see whose turn is to polish the Eye and the Appendix Jar.
    My first thought was: I wonder how they make them not rot like beef does.
    MUST SEE THEM

I have cats!

Maids. Poshness... overwhelming...

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Heresy, madam! To imply that any book written by PTerry could be bad!

I'll grant you that it's definitely the weakest of the four, but that doesn't make it bad. It's merely good, rather than excellent.
    Sorry. But I really disliked it. I love Pterry, but I Shall Wear Midnight and Snuff were not good. Everything else is godly, I agree.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

MUST SEE THEM
    I refuse, August 1, Peapod; 2, M&M; 3, Dante; 4, Mickey; 5, Robin Hood; 6, R2D2; 7, Saint Agustinne; 8, Grim Reaper...16, Italy; 17, Vash and hopefully 18, Tiamet shall forever remain confined to family photo albums.
    I have cats!
    I think I've seen pictures of them...
    Maids. Poshness... overwhelming...
    HEY! It's a need more than a whim because... ok, yes... it's kinda posh considering I do have a silver bell at my desk... but...but...their uniforms are white so... yah...
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-25 at 11:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

Note to self: Fluorescent lights confuse bees.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Note to self: Fluorescent lights confuse bees.
    They also make your face look terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

28. - Top - End - #898

I refuse, August 1, Peapod; 2, M&M; 3, Dante; 4, Mickey; 5, Robin Hood; 6, R2D2; 7, Saint Agustinne; 8, Grim Reaper...16, Italy; 17, Vash and hopefully 18, Tiamet shall forever remain confined to family photo albums.

HEY! It's a need more than a whim because... ok, yes... it's kinda posh considering I do have a silver bell at my desk... but...but...their uniforms are white so... yah...
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    THAT IS TOO ADORABLE AAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaaAAAAaaaaAAA!

Want more?

Uniforms. The ability to call a maid. I find the idea of having a desk vaguely posh. (I tend to write papers against the cover of a textbook I'm not using. Although that's not regular, I think.)
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone got any advice on rescuing bees from their own inability to escape fluorescent lights without getting stung?
    Because, I like bees, and it's still here! It could get stuck in a spider web and not be able to break free, and it'll die without a final taste of sweet nectar!

Also, they make such an annoying sound...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #900
    Colossus in the Playground

I like how you're implying that you're going to be cosplaying as Tiamet from Barrage of the Battlestar. Good taste, my friend, good taste.