New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Wow, 20 pages already. Thanks guys for your continued support!

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime is too late. Karasu slips out of his reach, tumbling down the length of the skyscraper before hitting the sidewalk. At that height, Hajime is incapable of hearing or seeing the effect the fall had. He’s face to face with the Lord of Order, grinning maliciously down at him.

Vain hides a smile behind one hand. “Oops. Maybe if you had leapt after him heroically you might have saved him.”

He chuckles. “Or maybe you’d both be pancakes on the sidewalk. Who knows?” He starts shaking, and begins to laugh, floating away a bit. “You’re an idiot, coming up here, looking for your brother. It’s only me. But since you took the effort, how about you and I have a little fun?”

He snaps a finger, and twelve gigantic cannon-like devices appear in a ring around the tower, their barrels glowing white-blue and causing the air to shimmer. “Bow to me, little puppet of Tye. Bow, orrrrr-” He twirls his wrist, and the cannons suddenly flip around, aiming all around the city. “I could just vaporize this entire city and start over. Say goodbye to Mommy and Daddy, or do such a simple little thing.” His grin widens.

Roll a wisdom check.

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Vsh’neesh tilts her head. “Hajime and Karasu. Hajime is the soldier of Lord Tye, gifted with incredible strength and speed. Karasu is unknown, attempted capture but was thwarted by the forces of Order.”

She turns to stare at Eagleaus. “This is not an attack. This is liberation. Order has held this world in secret captivity for millennia. We have… They have… Come to set it free. Order enslaves and controls, forces the universe to evolve as they wish for it to evolve. There is stagnancy, and the weak are not culled, creating an imbalance. The younger races are not strong enough to combat the older, stronger races, and this should not be. Every new generation should be an improvement on the last. Chaos brings perfection. Chaos brings freedom. The Lords of Chaos are paragons of these traits.”

Eagleaus snaps his beak. “Chaos brings destruction. The very presence of chaos is a threat to this universe and everyone in it. Madness, the essence of chaos, distorts and destroys the fabric of reality, which could result in the loss of all life. We do everything in our power to suppress the spread of chaos and madness across the cosmos, the Lords of Order taking this to be their solemn duty.

Flutterhawk nervously butts in. “But… after eons of war, there are some on either side who have become… obsessed. Vain and Tye, for example, hate each other. The Keeper of the Dead has been thwarting assassination attempts from the Grinning One for thousands of years. The Lady of Mercy… is not as merciful as she once was. There are more, many more, but they are spread out across the cosmos, locked in combat or protecting citadel worlds.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The bus driver stares at the monk. “What do you mean, there is a hole in his mind?”

The monk gazes passively. His mind has been tampered with. He is missing memories. There is something inherently wrong. Something has been feeding on him.

The bus comes to a screeching halt. “There’s no way. Psychic feeders are strictly controlled, there isn’t any on Earth yet.”

The monk clasps its hands. It was not us.

The bus driver pauses. “That doesn’t leave many options.”

No. It does not. Alert the Lords of Chaos, there is something on this world that predates the presence of Order and Chaos here. And this is my stop.

It stands and shuffles out the door, joining another monk on the street.

We will find our targets, Vsh’neesh has obligingly told us where to find them. Keep the boy safe.

“Yeah yeah.” Mutters the driver. The two monks disappear in the blink of an eye. He turns to look at Adam. “Guess you’ll be meeting the Lords of Chaos on Earth then, considering what he just found.” He suddenly gets a blank look and starts up the bus. "So, to the college. Yes. Good."
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-22 at 11:34 PM.

2. - Top - End - #572

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "How many worlds? And why was Order protecting this one? What makes it special. I doubt it's because of Humanity, because it's quite clear we can't defend against either force even if you were revealed. Both of you managed to invade from space without everyone knowing.
    And don't give me the propaganda. Too much order leads to nothing new, too much Chaos leads to the Far Realms where up is left, down and diagonal up-right all at the same time. What are your end goals, and how does one detect Madness-Infected beings. Oh and how do they spread? Is it like a human virus spreading through physical contact?"
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Apparently yes that is his name kiddo, John replies to Melvin. He then whispers to Eagleaus saying, You do have a location we can retreat to after this right? We're talking on borrowed time.

He turns to the tied up lady saying Question, is the person with the fighting shadow still alive? And what was his name anyway?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-23 at 04:11 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

4. - Top - End - #574

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Vsh’Neesh speaks up. “There are billions of inhabited worlds, some controlled by Chaos, more by Order.”

Eagleaus glares. “Order didn’t invade, it arrived. It found a struggling race and helped it grow. And too much chaos leads to the end of all things, universal destruction. Only the Lords of Order can dispense the ability to see the madness-infected, one they give at their leisure to their chosen champions. And I have already told you how it spreads: simply being around the mad can spread madness. A world sufficiently drowned in it can cause people to go insane just being near it.”

The eagle turns to John. “Retreat across the river to the Western or Southern Suburbs, Chaos has less of a foothold there.”

Vsh’Neesh stirs. “Jackson “Crypt” Walker. Reports are scattered, but he is seemingly alive.”

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

OH, COME ON! HOW IS HE STILL!.... wait WALKER!? Any relation to Helen Walker? If there is, his lines suddenly makes sense, well a little more sense. Also, if you two have done talking philosophy, Vsh’Neesh, name the key players of chaos who are not lords in order importance and list their roles in the plan.

OOC: quick back and forth here?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-23 at 07:32 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

6. - Top - End - #576

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Vsh’Neesh begins to speak, when they hear a whump.

And another whump.

There’s suddenly a crashing noise from the stairs, and two of the hooded ones appear in the center of the room, their hands outstretched towards Eagleaus and Flutterhawk, though both are seemingly unaffected.

Roll initiative.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-23 at 07:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John barks out orders ****! Zappy kid, zap em, Flutterhawk, get Veronica to a safer location, tell Eagleaus where. Mind Control kid, keep control over her, we need that info. Eagleaus, hit the dudes will ya? activating his arm cannon and opening fire at the closest hooded figure.

SONIC TO HIT!
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+2:
    9,+2
    Total:11

NOTES
    -------------------------
    This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.

EDIT INITIATIVE
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+0:
    12,+0
    Total:12

NOTES

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-23 at 08:01 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam's stare goes back and forth as the two converse. "Uh....feel like maybe explaining what that was all about? A hole in my mind? Somebody's been messing with my head, and it wasn't even you guys? Who the hell was it then?!"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime hauled himself back over the edge, and for a moment, he could only glare at Vain. His claws and fangs threatened to emerge as a low growl threaded its way between his clenched teeth. That other voice screamed for blood. He'd kept himself alive for Karasu's sake, now that wasn't there. He was only going to kill Vain. His claws snapped out unbidden.

Then something else occurred to him. Vain was proud. If he bowed before him, he might turn his back on Haj. And then he would feel the venom coursing in through a dozen lacerations.

With an effort of will, Hajime sheathed his claws and kneeled before Vain, his eyes keeping the villain in his peripheral vision in case he wanted to try and kick Haj while he was down.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

10. - Top - End - #580

OrcBarbarianGuy

Until Necron comes in to roll initiative, you’re going to have to wait, C_O. Sorry.

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

They ignore Adam.

Later on, as they near the college, the bus driver looks back quizzically. “What were you talking about? Somebody messing with your head?”

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

He frowns.

No acts of defiance? Boring.” He snaps his fingers and the cannons disappear in a wink of light. He sighs dramatically. “If it makes you feel any better, it was only an illusion of Karasu. I’d never even take the chance of putting the real McCoy in your claws. That might bring Tye into the picture, and no one here wants that.”

He methodically cracks his fingers. “Whatever. You can leave.” And begins to float away on the wind.

11. - Top - End - #581

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[10] But holding my action until after Melvins

"I'll try but it takes a bit of concentration. I won't be much use in the fight except by running away. If Magneto over here can free her she can fight for me though and escape more easily if we need to run. Which is very likely. Now, I'm going to call you Nesh from now on because it's faster (ooc: and easier to remember for me). What can you do besides assume the form of Humans."
    Gary backs away from the hooded figures, well aware his powerset isn't combat-ready yet and Nesh being a better fighter.
    "Or I can let her go temporarily while she remains bound and try and stop whatever those Hooded guys are trying on your birds."

either Maintains the MC while ordering "Attack any direct threats or attacks to your Emperor, his allies or yourself. Allies being Melvin the person who tied you up, the birds Flutterhawk and Eageleaus and the guy with the sonic cannon unless they attack me or you." and felling very glad that the speed of thought is so fast.
    OR stops maintaining and hitting the closest Monk with a Nullify for 17 (14+3) while moving back
    Depending on if Melvin frees Nesh

Roll(1d20)+3:
    14,+3
    Total:17

NOTES

Sorry everyone

12. - Top - End - #582

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime watched for a second as Vain floated away, then headed back down to Mufasa, leading the tracker beast back down the stairs. Logically, he'd just learned a lot. Not only could Vain create some very realistic illusions, but he also got bored very easily, and that if he could get his hands on Karasu then Tye might interfere, and...

Two floors down, Haj let go. The logical exterior fell away, and the animal emerged with a feral roar. Frustration, rage, and the futility of the whole situation flooded over Hajime all at one, venting itself in an audible form. A moment later, the building was quiet again, and Haj was breathing heavily but rational again.

He needed to talk to Tye. After what Verda and Vain had said... Unlikely. Tye wasn't reachable by conventional means. Next best thing... Follow the robots. They were searching and destroying something important. Something that Haj wanted to know about. Mufasa could help with that.
    Hajime made his way back down the stairs.

13. - Top - End - #583

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Order of Init: Hood 1, John, Eagleaus, Melvin, Gary, Hood 2

Is now really the time to be asking questions?!” Melvin yells. Flutterhawk grabs Veronica, but has limited space in which to work.

The first hooded one rounds on Gary, darting forward with ridiculous speed, but trips across a chair, flying past him.

John rounds on it, firing his cannon, but it quickly dodges out of the way, the wall exploding into dust.

Eagleaus shrieks in the direction of the first assailant, but again misses, shattering the wall further and kicking up more dust.

Melvin roars, loosing lightning bolts in the direction of the second one, but it vanishes, appearing elsewhere.

Concentrating, Gary pulls his mental image of the nullify out of his pocket, a remote control, with a big prominent red OFF button, and casually clicks it in the direction of the second hooded one, who suddenly slows down to normal speed. It stares at him ominously and comes at a run, throwing back a fist and bringing it crashing down into his face.

Toughness, DC 19, and Concentration Check

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mufasa snuffles his hand curiously, his tail tucked between his legs almost in apology for the misunderstanding.

They reach the lobby and the tracker sniffs the floor, looking up at Hajime curiously.

14. - Top - End - #584

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    (Concentration) Roll(1d20)+2:
    16,+2
    Total:18

(Fort save) Roll(1d20)+0:
    15,+0
    Total:15

NOTES
    This field records your latest roll at its top

"There is always time to ask quest-Ow! That hurt! Stop attacking me." Gary glares at the monk, a wave of mental force battering at the mysterious being's mental defenses "You are the bodyguard to the Emperor. I am the emperor and that hooded person over there is an assassin."
    Gary moves behind any obstacles he can between him and the un-Nullified monk

Sorry everyone

15. - Top - End - #585

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj has his hand in Mufasa's mane the whole way down the stairs, scratching him to make sure that he knows that its not his fault. After all, there wasn't anything the tracker beast could've done about Vain. Still... Hajime looked over at Verda. Still dead. Still cold. Still worth asking Tye about.

Worth a try anyway. Moving out into the room, Haj bent over the spot where the robot had looked up at him. Crouching, and touching the floor, he called Mufasa over, then tried a few common commands(finding more if those don't work).
    "Alright Mufasa. Track. Follow. Find 'em."

16. - Top - End - #586

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show

Moving right along...

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mufasa stares for a second longer, then begins to snuffle around again, beginning to catch the sent. Suddenly, the tracker beast jolts like it did when it caught Karasu’s scent; it’s eyes turning orange. It bounds forward, smashing through the doors of the lobby and skidding out on the streets before continuing on.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-23 at 11:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Hooded one is Hood1 or Hood2? Did my mind-controlled minion kill his friend or was my minion killed before he could betray his ally?

Also the Birds, Melvin and CO have their turns before me before I mind-control Hood2 going by Init order

Sorry everyone

18. - Top - End - #588

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Your new-found minion is now beheaded like Marie Antoinette. Seriously, a 3 on toughness and a 6 on the fortitude save. Luck is not on your side.

Anyhow, I decided to send him in before Hood 1 could make his attack to reflect his sudden change of heart. Did not go as planned.

Hood 1 has made his move, so yeah, it's C_O's turn.

19. - Top - End - #589

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    So this happened:
    Gary: Nullify Monk2
    Monk2: Move to Gary and Bruise with a punch to the face
    Gary: Mindcontrol Monk2
    Monk2: Move to Monk1
    Monk1: Kill Monk2
    CO's Action: ???

I dont mind playing hard and fast with the rules, just trying to clarify

Sorry everyone

20. - Top - End - #590

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

This is the post you're looking for. Sorry, I'm exhausted and gming when I should be sleeping.

Spoiler
    Show

Gary manages to hold control over Vsh'Neesh, who is kind of freaking out about the two hooded ones, calling them monks or something. Gary collapses against the wall from the punch, allowing him to look up and see the eyes and mouth of the creature, all sewn shut with black thread.

The other monk, evading the previous attacks, attacks Vsh'Neesh, hitting her in the face. Her head snaps back form the blow, but she's alive.

C_O, now you're up to bat. Sorry about the confusion guys, I'm calling it a night.

Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-23 at 11:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    So Nesh is freed by Melvin to attack? Because otherwise why would I hold Concentration (a Standard action)

Current Actions in the fight: (??)
    There seem to be 2 different events I can see:

1:
    Surprise Round: Hooded 1 and 2 appear, attempt something at the Birds
    1st Round:
    Hood1: Charges Gary but misses (trips on chair)
    John: Sonic Cannon on Monk1 but misses (hits wall)
    Melvin: Lightning Bolt on Monk2 but misses (Bolts teleported away?)
    Gary: Nullify on Monk2. Slows Monk2 down (and maybe some other stuff)
    Monk2: Moves to Gary and punches him
    Monk1: I don't know, hit Nesh?

2: (starts after John's action)
    Melvin: Frees Nesh and fires Lightning Bolt on Monk2 but misses (Bolts teleported away?)
    Gary: Concentrates on MCing Nesh
    Monk2: Hits Nesh in the face
    Nesh: No actions. Gibbers about Monks.
    Monk1: I don't know

Sorry everyone

22. - Top - End - #592
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Um, what? Yes, you heard him too. The 'hole in my mind'. What were you guys just talking about?"

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John looses another shot at the closest hooded guy, saying Knowledge is power kid. Eagleaus, what did they try on you? as he runs for cover.

SONIC
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+2:
    14,+2
    Total:16

NOTES

OOC: Where is Flutterhawk and Veronica? did they get out?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I made a mistake by thinking you had mind controlled the second one. Melvin never freed Vsh’neesh. She’s still stuck in the metal bars. Flutterhawk and Veronica are still trapped inside, there’s a lot of dust and Flutterhawk has no room to maneuver.

As for Vsh'neesh - The Mind Control over her is special, due to the augmentation used at the time. You only require having to make a constant effort to control her when you are directly and successfully attacked. You didn't need to drop her MC to nullify the enemy, so I didn't drop it. However, he did successfully attack you, so you had to roll concentration to make sure the connection was still there.

Correct Order:
    Hood1: Charges Gary but misses (trips on chair)
    John: Sonic Cannon on Monk1 but misses (hits wall)
    Melvin: Lightning Bolt on Monk2 but misses (Bolts teleported away?)
    Gary: Nullify on Monk2. Slows Monk2 down (and maybe some other stuff)
    Monk2: Moves to Gary and punches him (Gary was injured)
    Monk1: Hit Nesh

The hooded one slips out out of the way of John’s attack again, moving to the side in a blur.

Eagleaus screams in frustration, “ENOUGH!” And blasts the unnullified hooded one in the back with his sonic screech. The enemy stumbles forward, but is only slightly injured. “They’re the Monks of Pandemonium! They worship the Lords of Chaos!”

Melvin unbends one of the bars around Vsh’Neesh, leaving two more, and throws it at the nullified monk, who dives out of the way.

Necron, it’s now your turn.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    His expression turns oddly blank for a split second, before regaining his customary sneer. “I think you bumped your head, kid, ‘cuz I never had that conversation. Now just be quiet, you’re always talking. ‘Hole in my mind’. Sheesh.”

The bus pulls up to the college. “Now go. I’ve got better things to do.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-24 at 06:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #595

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm starting my Mind-Control now on Monk2 "Stop attacking me. I'm the emperor. Your the emperor's bodyguard. That guy is an assassin." or thoughts to that effect.
    "So what? They can move pretty fast and..."
    Monk1 tears the head off Monk2 with one punch (I'm assuming he takes the same actions now as he did back in the sleep-deprived post and rolls the same)
    "And apparently are highly lethal with all those powers. Considering I'm still standing after the dead one hit me, my guess is that they are weaker than normal Humans without their powers. So keep him away from me until my Nullification can shut him down.
    Nesh, mind telling me all about the Monks?"
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-24 at 06:59 AM.

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #596

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    I've explained how things are working now in my last update under a OOC spoiler. I made a mistake thinking you were MCing the monk. Since that never happened then, it never got killed, it's still an enemy.

Also, I explained what happened with Vsh'neesh. I suggest you go back to my last update and read that.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-24 at 06:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #597

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Order of Init: Monk 1, John, Eagleaus, Melvin, Gary, Monk 2

The second monk stares at Gary, then runs forward, trying to attack him again!

He delivers a powerful blow to Gary’s ribs.

Toughness Check, DC 19 again with a -1 penalty for his previous injury.

Vsh'neesh yells over the noise. "He can only sense where you are when you speak or touch his mind! Just leave him alone, focus on the other!"

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John ducks past his cover again to loose another bolt at the nullified monk saying NULLIFY THE OTHER ONE! as he runs
    for the next bit of cover.

Sonic
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+2:
    16,+2
    Total:18

NOTES

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam was about to press on, but realized there probably wasn't much point. "I could question him some more, but of course he won't give me anything. These freaking guys never do. So whatever, just another reminder of why I definitely don't wanna be working for them. I wonder what sort of policy the order guys follow..."
    "Thanks for nothing." Adam says as he steps off the bus and heads towards the college. As he walks, he pulls out his phone and calls Veronica.

30. - Top - End - #600

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Order of Init: Monk 1, John, Eagleaus, Melvin, Gary, Monk 2

The first monk darts forward, smashing a fist across Vsh’Neesh’s head. She falls down, crying out in pain.

John shoots at the other monk, but it dives out of the way.

Eagleaus screechs in anger, loosing another blast at the first monk, who takes just a little bit more damage.

There’s a ringing noise. Someone’s phone is being called in the melee, but it quickly goes silent.

Melvin brings another bolt of lightning to bear, attacking the first monk but missing pretty badly.

Necron’s turn again, though if he fails the toughness save by 5 he’s stunned.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    “Whatever.” Growls the bus driver as he pulls out.

Veronica’s phone rings…. and rings…. but no one picks up.

“Hey, you’ve reached Veronica’s phone, I’m not here right now, leave a message at the beep!”

*Beep.*