Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1252

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show

Good, I like tanks, replies John to the promise of armour, a grin on his face.

I have to rework my plan then, how many mortar crews and flatbeds do you have? Artaxerxes, any positions important to chaos I should know of? Any pertinent information I should know? Sir, to plan this out properly, we need a disposition of all forces under your command, and the current condition of the United States.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-12-07 at 04:36 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter felt a little paranoid, stuck in his boxer shorts in this strange place, feeling like something was eyeing him.

Roll Notice: (1d20)[18] + 4

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs. “Sounds to me like you’re just butthurt. I can live with how things go. Then, I was nothing. Now… I’m well on my way to the top.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    He shrugs. “We’ve got enough to maybe take the city, we’re a little disorganized right now. We’ve got… 3 or 4 flatbed trucks, is that enough?”

Artaxerxes steps up. “They have thousands of men crammed into those skyscrapers between the two bridges, but we’re not sure how many innocents are also still in the city. We may be attacking innocents in this plan.

The Lieutenant shrugs. “We know the president has raised the alert level, but they’re trying to keep the whole thing under wraps for now.”

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He looks around the shadowy room, the dripping water echoing around him, before finally looking… up.

Coiled around a hanging metal bar is a large metallic creature with a lithe upper body, vaguely feminine, light green eyes narrowed dangerously. In… her… hands is a wickedly pointed trident.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dammit, as this rate we'll have to wait for the tanks. Keep the chopper's infrared cameras on the skyscrapers and get a direct feed of the camera. ****, get S.W.A.T, dammit no, ex cops, ex cops, They should be civvies. Lieutenant, put up a call in the camps for all retired police officers, we need their expertise here. ****, only part of my plan can be put into action, it'll have to do. Lieutenant, can your men take over the utilities for this city? Water, Power, Gas? Is it possible to flood the underground of this city entirely, sewers subways everything? What can we expect in terms of air support from the Air Force? We're within range of half the air bases in the United States, we should have something, Predator Drones, something. John fires off, punctuating his points with hand gestures.

OOC: Helicopter Gunships come standard with infrared cameras.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Butthurt? Really? Anyway, what about Walker, what's his deal?"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter stared at the strange creature - or woman - something, whatever. "Um, erm," Peter babbles, "I am Peter. I was sent by the good guys."

Peter felt awkward in his boxer shorts, but mostly fearful.

7. - Top - End - #1057

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lieutenant’s eyebrows twitch. “As far as I am aware, the Air Force has not been given approval to provide air support yet. I think the higher-ups want to see how well we do here.” He shrugs. “Expenditure of resources against an unknown threat is weighing heavily on their minds, I would think. We can flood the sewers and subways… Just give us some time. The tanks should be rolling in within the hour.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs. “If you’ve got a problem with it, you can take it up with my legion here.” She slings an arm around one of the shambling zombie’s shoulders. “As for Walker, kid’s mother apparently got wasted when Order wanted to send a message. Think they were trying to provoke a fight or somethin’. He and I were competitors for the role of candidate for a while, but apparently we both got the job… Since guys like you or Hajime aren’t too interested in the power.

She looks at Adam. "Look kid... I can tell you're in over your head. Don't know where you're from, but this isn't the place for you. War is coming down around us, things aren't going to get better from here unless someone makes a decisive move, and honestly, that doesn't seem to be you. Bluesky is my city, born and raised here and I'll die here too. Go home. You've got a family? Go home to them."

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The mechanical Naga blinks. “… Well. At least you have balls.” She slithers down from the ceiling, going down the spiral staircase in the middle of the room. “Come with me. Lord Vain wishes to have a word.”

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    The mechanical Naga spoke to him in a human voice. Peter felt a little relieved to hear her words were words of peace and diplomacy. Peter followed the 'woman' to this Lord Vain and tried to look somewhat presentable in his state of near-undress.

"So," Peter tried to start conversation, respectfully, "I am Pete Wilde. What's your name?"
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-12-12 at 06:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, maybe.... But then again, maybe you just want one less competitor for the spot." Adam arches an eyebrow at her. "And I mean, I'm all for things getting better, sure, but how is picking a side randomly and constantly lashing out against the other side ever going to lead to less fighting? Oh and uh, who's Hajime?"

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, dammit, work with what I have not what I want. John comments, pacing.

Calming down he continues, Do it, send the order to flood the entire dammed thing, we need to deny them mobility. Keep some choppers roaming the city, if they see anything moving in the open, tell them to kill it dead. Put out a call for ex-cops in the refugee camps, the skyscrapers are a hostage situation, they have the training needed to handle that. Keep some infrared cameras trained on the building and prepare an incursion team to kick the loons out of the skyscrapers, get the choppers ready to strafe hostage free floors of the buildings, the machine guns should have enough penetration to clear a floor. Cut all utilities, wait no, that already happened right? Artaxerxes, what are the forces Vain's trying to send our way? What's their composition and capabilities?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1061

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Naga doesn’t turn. “I don’t have one.” They enter a wide room, warm air drafting through as she opens a hidden hatch with a wave of her hand, and pulls out a long white garment for him to wear.

Lord Vain will speak with you presently.” She murmurs, sliding out of the room.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She raises an eyebrow as well. “If I wanted one less competitor, I’d just kill you.”

And you’re not very good at listening, huh. I didn’t choose Chaos at random, it chose me, and I accepted the call. I like this.” She gestures at the horde of undead around her.

And Hajime is the little twerp who got blasted by lightning in the Plaza a few days ago. He’s been running around, doing his own thing. You’d like him, I’d bet, you’re both stupid-idealistic.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Artaxerxes stares at John for a long minute. “You’re a fool.” His wings unfurl and beat angrily in the wind. “Hostage situation? Are you mad? Do you think those thralls of chaos have any interest in negotiating?!” The sphinxes begin to growl. “Incursion teams?! There are hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of enemy combatants within those walls, and you think small groups of soldiers will remove them?!” The sky thunders.

You’re being foolish, John Adams. The last time mere men went within that city, they turned on each other like animals, brought low by the power of madness. Lord Vain will be providing more warriors such as myself, sphinxes, and eagles for this fight, for mere mortal men cannot prevail in this fight.

He glares at the lieutenant, then at John, before stalking off and taking flight over the river.

Eagleaus gives a small screeching cough. “Scythe-Warriors are not known for patience.”

The Lieutenant looks at John uncomfortably. “The tanks will be here soon, then you can get your fire teams onto choppers and into the city.”

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adm rolls his eyes. "I was talking about me..." he says quietly. "Anyway, you mean that kid with the claws that was on the news? 'Stupid-idealistic' eh? I don't suppose you happen to know where he is?"
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-12-21 at 04:15 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Mere mortals cannot.... wait, conversions, they've probably converted everyone in the towers, this makes things much, much easier. Lieutenant, we're gonna branch out into arson.

If they're clever, they've probably got the entire city trapped up to the wazoo. Call up any civil engineers in the camps, we need to know how they could trap the streets and bridges and how to stop it, especially the bridges.

How many ribbon bridges can you get for the tanks and your troops? They have turned the entrance of the city into a deathtrap, we'll just have to make a new entrance, no, multiple new entrances.

Okay, we need a map, Lieutenant, has the choppers spotted large concentrations of enemy forces other than the skyscrapers?

OOC: Since my wall of text might be kinda difficult to read, I'll be splitting it up into a list.

Ribbon bridge
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    The answer surprised Peter; surely everyone had a name. Even angels and demons must have names. Peter did not press the subject out of respect, though. The creature frightened him; Peter had no choice in the matter, because fear was instinctual. Peter knew a dangerous creature when he laid eyes on one.

"Thank you." Peter was still polite. Logic still reigned supreme. He accepted the white garment. "You are very kind." The long, white garment was odd, but Peter was simply grateful for the thoughtful gesture.

Peter slipped on the garment.
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-12-24 at 03:56 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1065

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs. “Off saving lives, last time I saw. Thought he could make a difference or something.”
    Verda chuckles. “If you’re smart, just get out of this city before the pain comes. Now if you’ll excuse me…” She brushes past him. “I’m gonna go poke ol’ Crypt in his sore wounds.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Lieutenant frowns. “Listen, perhaps you should hear yourself talk. What are you?” He fingers John’s tattered uniform. “A policeman? Or something else.” He glares. “I’ve got choppers in the air, tanks on the way, but what you’re talking is time, and time is something I don’t have, along with men.”

He walks away. “There’s a chopper waiting for you if you’re going to actually do anything. As for me, I’ve got to get in contact with my actual superiors.”

Gary and Veronica watch him closely from behind, the younger man frowning. “Well, intrepid leader, we’re dying to hear your next amazing plan.” He pushes off of the support strut he was leaning against. “Though if you’ve got nothing, I have bigger fish to fry, somebody I’m looking for.”

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter isn’t left alone in the room for long. As his eyes travel about it, taking in the make, they sweep over an empty corner. When they make a returning glance, the corner is no longer empty.

Standing there now is a man of intimidating height with a large build, thickly muscled and with skin tanned and leathery from apparent hours spent in the sun, working. He’s dressed in layers of thick, blackened leather armor, straps crisscrossed over his chest, leaving most of it bare. His long, dark hair is pulled back from his face with a leather strip, hanging somewhat loosely. A curved sword hangs at his belt, the steel blackened and threatening. Pelts of animals – some recognizable, some incredibly alien – adorn the outfit, tails and fangs hanging from the belt alongside the sword as trophies. He flexes his gloved hands, both of them cracking loudly as he does so. The gloves have large cuts and marks on them – falconer’s gloves.

Moving in to the light, the man takes several measured steps. His dark eyes glint in the brightness, expression stony, unreadable. Peter can feel his skin prickling, hair standing on edge, as if some current is running through him. The man meets his eyes, staring for a long second.

He grins, wolfishly, extending both hands in a way that is meant to show no harm, but instead comes off as a threatening gesture.

Welcome, Peter Wilde.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-12-30 at 11:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Good, grab a gun, some nades and put on the vests. We're going back into the city.

John grabs a Heavy machine gun, a handgun, a grenade launcher and ammo, grenades, flashbangs, smoke grenades, a rocket launcher, some rockets, a gas-mask, flash goggles and more than enough ammo for everything everyone else is carrying (He's the pack mule now).

He tosses Veronica and Gary radios. He hands Veronica a tactical vest, some smoke grenades, frag grenades, flash-bangs, an assault rifle, a grenade launcher, a handgun, Gas masks, flash goggles and sufficient ammo for all the weapons.

He hands Gary the same loadout.

Everyone having put on their gear, he starts leading them to the chopper saying, We're going into the city. This "war" seem to be centered on champions. So we're taking theirs out. Eagleaus, is there any way to find champions? We need to track them down... track them down and kill them. eyes hardening.

My idea of a grenade launcher look at the range and weight, JUST LOOK AT THEM

I'm guessing Assault rifles here means the venerable and modular M16A2

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam paces a little and thinks. "Well, she sure does shrug a lot. Anywho, what's next...? Finding this Hajime could be helpful, maybe compare notes on all this. Really finding anyone that doesn't immediately try to either control or kill me would be nice. But, I suppose beggars can't be choosers." He heads back to his car, and starts idly driving down the streets, looking for anything worth investigating.

18. - Top - End - #1068

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus’s head bobs side to side. “Unfortunately not, we don’t have the means prepared yet. Our control over the situation is tenuous at best.”

The chopper lifts off, the sphinxes and eagles flying in tandem with it.

“Tanks are moving into position.” A voice comes in over the radio. “Marking targets.”

The pilot calls back to John. “We’re landing on the roof of the Bernicelli building, we’re seeing roughly 100 postential hostile enemies within the walls.”

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

As Adam drives, military helicopters fly over the city… And begin to circle around him. Suddenly, missiles fly from one of the choppers, heading straight for him!

Roll a drive check.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Drive: (1d20)[20]

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yet? John inquires Eagleaus

Bring us down to the roof, we're clearing them out John says, preparing to jump of the chopper.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1071

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam swerves and puts the pedal to the metal, managing to dodge the missile and dart down another street, the copters hot on his heels.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    “We have our ways of ensuring the destruction of chaos, but setting them up usually requires us having more of a beachfront then this.” He replies.

The chopper lands, the three of them jumping out and the sphinxes landing with Belshazzar. There’s a single door leading to the lower floors

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Holly balls! Figures I couldn't go one freaking day without someone trying to kill me! I wonder if this is Order or just one of the newly insane people..."

OOC: Can I make the whole car invisible?
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2013-01-11 at 08:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John smashes open the door, tossing in a flashbang and moving out of the way of the open door.

Just after the flashbang explodes, he enters the doorway, machine gun ready to fire.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, lets hope this works better than it did last time!" With that, Adam conceals the car, blending it in with the rest of the street.

25. - Top - End - #1075

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The stairway is empty.

Advancing slowly down, they come to the top floor, all offices and cubicles. All seems quiet.

Two of the hooded creatures suddenly appear in front of them, darting forward with terrifying speed.

Roll initiative!

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Three of the helicopters break off, unable to see the newly invisible car.

But the fourth remains on his tail, miniguns unleashing a trail of death behind him as he swerves and dodges the deadly hail.

A window on one of the buildings shatters, and a boy and a large shaggy four-legged beast jump out, landing on the helicopter. They smash through the cockpit, the beast tearing the pilot out and throwing him to the ground.

They jump off as the helicopter crashes, running back into the building they leapt from with inhuman agility.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John opens fire on one of the hooded creatures, shouting COVER ME!

Okay John autofire attacks the closest hooded creature to him, ordering Veronica and Gary to lay down covering fire on him.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+0:
    14,+0
    Total:14

NOTES
    -------------------------
    This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.

Attack
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+2:
    19,+2
    Total:21

NOTES

Toughness (a light machine gun is +6 so I'm guessing +7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+7:
    17,+7
    Total:24

NOTES

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam slams on the breaks and swerves his car to the side. He stares up the window. "Uh, thanks!" he calls out to the strange pair. "Hm, that was interesting. Well, they appear to be on my side, or at least on the side opposite of those shooting at me. So why not go and say hello I guess. Just remember to keep your guard up this time Adam, no more getting blindsided so easily." Adam gets out of the car and heads to the bullildng, looking for a way in.

28. - Top - End - #1078

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Order of Initiative: Monk 1, John, Monk 2, Veronica, Gary

The first monk dashes forward in a blur, appearing directly in front of John, laying hands down on his shoulders.

Piercing agony shrieks through his head, and his vision blurs

Roll a will save.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam crawls through rubble to enter the lobby of the building, blasted concrete and shattered glass crunching underneath his shoes. The stillness is only broken by the odd sounds of explosions and impacts.

He doesn’t see the younger man… Until he leaps from the ceiling, the large beast behind him, covered in fur and scales, it’s maw glistening with a fizzing saliva.

Razor sharp claws extend from his fingers. “… Who are you?”

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Uh, hi. Name's Adam. You wouldn't happen to be...Hajime, would you?"

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

save
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll(1d20)+2:
    13,+2
    Total:15

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show