New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    The Original Hank's Hookahs

((It is one of the books I should get around to reading at some point.))

"Never heard of it before. But yeah, I would imagine no government leads to chaos pretty quick. Too many people out there with a dark side."
    "The views on how to resist an unjust government though were revolutionary at the time and still inspire people. Well, pacifists, like me." Charity says.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Sitar's Strings

A man has just arrived outside. He seems human, to all non-magical detection methods. He has brown hair and brown eyes, and he's wearing rather plain clothing. Specifically, he's wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt. He looks around outside before entering.

"Welcome to the Sitar's Strings. Would you like to be seated?"
    Emily asks. C'nor should know, for playing Maeve, that there is no magical detection.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Light Street]

Her location!
    An excellent question.

That little glow emanating from Luna's horn finally does something, coalescing into a transparent strand and stretching off into the distance.
    "She is presently just beyond a sealed portal, in that direction.
    I believe that she is being converted into a proper host as we speak and will be making her appearance shortly. Presumably from that entrance, but that is tentative."

"Right. No time to lose. Thank you, Princess,"
    Missy says, and heads that way.

For purposes of only having one person in the scene, and one Charity in the thread, I'm going to handwave that Charity found some civilians who were slightly injured in the running and fleeing and is busy with them.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-08-25 at 04:54 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #332
    Halfling in the Playground

[Light Street]

Depending on the estimated distance, Vul/Teq may or may not board his ship once again and take off. Presumably Missy can make good time on her own, so the Vraal may just fly into the air and makes his way to their new destination.

In either case, Teq and his squad reach the portal site in short order. He takes a moment to scan the surroundings.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes security is awfully lax. You might be able to say 'I came to deliver a message to the head of the air base' and walk right in. Or maybe nobody challenges you at all."
    Kareem says. "If you're clever, you get through. If not, well, you walk away. They won't know what you might have done. They'll just think you were being nosy."
    [The Sitar String]

Zefir looks around making sure other people are distracted and the waitress aren't close. After all this place can be spied. Even he knows that magic can fool your sense. In worst case this man is the spy but that makes less sense.

"And then it's one against a base? Might be nice to know more."

Zefir has something in mind. If he understands correct the base flies. That means it can fall. But without more informations this is just suicid.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Cornelia looks at Mia briefly like the poor cleric is mad. A toy? With a name? Well, if this is what it takes...

The gunsmith concentrates real hard, but obviously has no idea what she's doing. She might not even really believe. "I... I can't." She looks frustrated. Hopefully she's not expected to succeed right away.
    [DMC]

Mia just smiles like a mother would to her child in such a situation.

"Don't worry. such thing don't come so soon. The time differs from a few days to decades. Just care he is allways wind up and not broken."

It's like a pet care for him that he feels well and is all right.

((I leave it to you, if you want to play the robot yourself. Just so I won't slow your post down somewhere else. I would tell you when she understands him))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's artificial arm flips up over her shoulder and she uses the moment to blast the Kami with the built-in laser gun. She's putting some extra power into it... probably more than would be necessary to blast open a rib cage.

Even if blasting it doesn't destroy it permanently, it should keep it from transforming more people until she knows how to beat it for good.
    Manhole

Elias takes the sticks. "I don't want to go in the sewers! They smell bad."

Of course he knows they are going anyway. It's not ever possible to dissuade Hekta from her crazy schemes. And Hekta is wearing his clothes. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [The Poor Knight - Earlier]

This is what she wanted to here, maybe even better. "Alright. He can train with you."

Alfred literally jumps for joy, wrapping his mother in his arms while repeatedly expressing his gratitude. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you mother! Thank you so much!" He then turns his unbridled joy at his new mentor. "And thank you, Sir Correl! I can't wait! This is going to be fantas-"

"Not just yet Alfred. We need a few days," his mother interrupts.

"Why?"

"Mostly to get you ready, and to square things away with her." she answers, failing to hide the contempt in her voice for whoever "her" refers to. "Can you meet us here in a few days, Sir Correl?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Walking Again]

Cessie and Sakura will smell the aroma of sweet sweet food wafting out of a nearby restaurant called "Lefty's". The door is open, allowing that enticing aroma to come forth. There's another pair of people eating inside already... or, given the bareness of their table, waiting for their order.
    Manhole

"Don't be such a stick in the mud, it's something super-cool down here." Hekta replies as she manages to finally get the cover open and start to climb down the ladder. "So come one! Follow me!"

[Walking Again]

"Ah, there we are. It smells pretty good don't you think?" Cessie replies as she walks up to the new restaurant.

[The Poor Knight - Earlier]

"Of course madame." The knight replies. "I assume this is Alfreds other parents? Because I wouldn't have it any other way. They are responsible for his well-being as well after all so I would need there permission too."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [The Sitar String]

Zefir looks around making sure other people are distracted and the waitress aren't close. After all this place can be spied. Even he knows that magic can fool your sense. In worst case this man is the spy but that makes less sense.

"And then it's one against a base? Might be nice to know more."

Zefir has something in mind. If he understands correct the base flies. That means it can fall. But without more informations this is just suicid.
    "Attacking them openly would be madness. Even getting plans for the base would be something, but some type of sabotage would be best. But it's just an idea I had, when I heard the elves were up there. I can't do anything, but someone who knew something about explosives - or at least has a friend who does - might be able to do something." Since Zefir has a "friend" who does fireworks, Kareem thinks he probably can get access to bomb materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Manhole

"Don't be such a stick in the mud, it's something super-cool down here." Hekta replies as she manages to finally get the cover open and start to climb down the ladder. "So come one! Follow me!"
    Elias grumbles a little, ties Hekta's sticks to his belt, and follows.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #336

[The Sitar String]

Just as he thought.

"It still needs more information. What kind of force keeps the station up, technologie or magic. Do you know it's route since I donn't want it to fall on someone I don't want."

He still tries to make sure none listens to them befor he speaks and also stops if anyone is to cloese. his mimik and gestik appear just like he had a normal talk with the man.

7. - Top - End - #337

Manhole

The demon leads him down into the blackness below where the opened man-hole is the only source of light. Elias can see that lamps have been set up on the sides of the sewer tunnel, but they are either broken or not on at the moment.

In either way, he's descending into a world of darkness.

Hekta just seem get all more excited about it though. "We're almost there, just a little bit further." She promises Elias as she walks off into one of the dark tunnels, just turning around before she disappears completely into the blackness, her red eyes shining like two beacons in the gloom. "Hurry up!"

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

[The Sitar String]

Just as he thought.

"It still needs more information. What kind of force keeps the station up, technologie or magic. Do you know it's route since I donn't want it to fall on someone I don't want."

He still tries to make sure none listens to them befor he speaks and also stops if anyone is to cloese. his mimik and gestik appear just like he had a normal talk with the man.
    "I've told you everything I know," Kareem says. And everything the player knows too.

Manhole

The demon leads him down into the blackness below where the opened man-hole is the only source of light. Elias can see that lamps have been set up on the sides of the sewer tunnel, but they are either broken or not on at the moment.

In either way, he's descending into a world of darkness.

Hekta just seem get all more excited about it though. "We're almost there, just a little bit further." She promises Elias as she walks off into one of the dark tunnels, just turning around before she disappears completely into the blackness, her red eyes shining like two beacons in the gloom. "Hurry up!"

"Hekta, I can't see in the dark! If you'd told me we were going underground, I would have brought a lantern." Elias has to go much slower, using one of Hekta's sticks to check for obstacles in front of him.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #339

Manhole

"...I forgot your eyes were so stupid, okay?" The demon replies as he suddenly can feel her clawed hand attempting to grab his, her red eyes the only spot of light in this dark place.

"Guess I have to lead you the rest of the way." She says with a slight frown.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

"At least my eyes don't give people headaches,"
    Elias says. He lets her lead him along, but keeps the stick in his hand.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #341

Sewers

"Watch out so I don't give you one." Hekta replies before simply pulling him along through the tunnel. It takes a while, perhaps only a few minutes before the demon suddenly stops. "Okay, here we are!" She declares while letting his hand go and attempts to snatch the sticks from Elias belt. "Can you see it?"

It's just as dark here as everywhere else so he might not know what Hekta is talking about. None the less, his partner in crime will hand him a stick.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

Hekta only gets one of her sticks. Elias was already holding the other one. "No. I still haven't developed darkvision since the last time I told you I couldn't see."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #343

Sewers

"Darn it." Hekta states. "Maybe you can smell or feel it then?" He doesn't smell anything particular however but the demon isn't going to wait around for him to answer. Go on, it's right here." She once again attempts to take his hand again and guide it to whatever it is to touch.

If Elias let himself be guided he will feel the touch of cold and wet naked skin against his hand.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

"GAH!" Elias jerks back instinctively and stumbles backwards, landing on his ass in the water.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #345

Sewers

Hekta steps back in shock as well as Elias scream out. But considering the dept of the water Elias will at least be spared from bumping into anything as he falls. On the other hand, his clothes will be soaking wet in sewer water.

He will also notice there is a stream in water which if he doesn't attempt to resist it, will slowly make him float to the right.

In the darkness however he can hear the demon giggle at his reaction once the initial shock have passed. "Want some help?" He can hear her ask giddily.

16. - Top - End - #346

"I've told you everything I know," Kareem says. And everything the player knows too.
    "That's quiet less to use. I'm not sure how high my chance would be to succed or even survive. Do you know anyone who might have informations?"

And in fact it would be nice to know who leads this thing, just to make sure there will be a chance to sabotage things.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

Since the water is that deep, Elias is supported enough not to fall. "What is that thing? A dead body?" To Elias a dead body wouldn't be as gross as a living one.

The Sitar's Strings

"That's all I know,"
    Kareem repeats.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #348

Sewers

"Exactly!" Hekta exclaims. "It's really fresh, it haven't even started smelling icky yet!" She proudly proclaims at her find as she turns to him with a grin on her face. "So wanna poke at it?"

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

"Darn it, Hekta, if you'd told me, I'd have brought a light!" Elias says, his words irritated, but his voice excited. He reaches for the body again, no longer creeped out, and tries to tell what it is by feel. "I can't go back to the bakery like this - I'm all smelly. Is there any place nearby you can steal a lantern from?" Of course Hekta is smelly too, and wet, so being invisible will only help a little in stealing something, but he trusts that Hekta is an experienced enough thief to handle that.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #350
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Augurine Elmouse]

Eric grins, and will nom the stuffed grape leaves right out of the air, "Mmm, delicious," of course, he's still chewing as he says this, rather intentionally too.
    Augurine Elmouse

"Really? Maybe I should learn how to make them then." Julie samples one of her own, and apparently agrees with his assessment as she mumbles expressively through her closed lips.

Once a pair of pizza slices have been hovered onto their plates, she purses her lips and turns her eyes to her food in contemplation, "I don't suppose you'd have it in you to forgive me if I ruined the mood with a confession, would you?" She seems dead set on ruining the mood anyway by the way she's acting, but something seems to be eating at her more than usual.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #351

Sewers

He can feel what might be the foot of the cadaver which feels completely smooth, like completely hair-less human skin which been recently cleaned. Almost clinically so.

"Um... yeah, I know where we could get a lantern. Want me to get one right now?" She asks.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

"Yeah, go and get it. I want to see. And get some rope if you can." Elias says. He runs his hand up the outside of the leg, not wanting to accidentally touch any icky bits.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The views on how to resist an unjust government though were revolutionary at the time and still inspire people. Well, pacifists, like me." Charity says.
    "I'll give it a read. Who knows maybe it will convert me over to pacifism."

He smiles and obviously finds this very unlikely, even if it wouldn't be such a bad thing. But even as he thinks of a life of peace the scars on his palms start to itch, as if reminding him that life isn't for him. Not as if that is going to stop him from reading the book of course.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #354

Sewers

"Okay, but remember you have to pay me back for this!" Hekta exclaims before she runs off, leaving Elias alone with the body.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Halfling in the Playground

[DMC]

Mia just smiles like a mother would to her child in such a situation.

"Don't worry. such thing don't come so soon. The time differs from a few days to decades. Just care he is allways wind up and not broken."

It's like a pet care for him that he feels well and is all right.

((I leave it to you, if you want to play the robot yourself. Just so I won't slow your post down somewhere else. I would tell you when she understands him))
    ((That sounds good. Can I get another link to that picture of him, in that case?))

"Thank you, Mia," Cornelia says with genuine gratitude. She looks down at the little clockwork man, deciding she's determined to know his name soon. "What else is there?" She's got to know!
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Walking Again]

Cessie and Sakura will smell the aroma of sweet sweet food wafting out of a nearby restaurant called "Lefty's". The door is open, allowing that enticing aroma to come forth. There's another pair of people eating inside already... or, given the bareness of their table, waiting for their order.
    [Walking Again]

"Ah, there we are. It smells pretty good don't you think?" Cessie replies as she walks up to the new restaurant.
    [Walking Again => Lefty's]

"Mmm, it really does. Let's check it out." Sakura follows Cessie toward the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    As already mentioned, though, Riss probably wouldn't be of much help over all. She did seem to be enjoying the odd bite that she did take although she soon stopped once she realized the hazards of consuming cold matter and introducing it to the roof of one's mouth. It would be roughly a minute before she was able to keep from grasping at her head but at least no damage had been done.

So, one last question for the moment. Do you do this or maybe similar proceedures often? I mean, what are the risks involved in all of this again? came the question on Sora's phone. It was an understandable state of mind for any who had undergone surgery, really. There were always potential mishaps or risks to the process even if the entire thing was run from start to finish by a robot designed to do precisely the task at hand. Right, let's push the point-oh-whatever chance that something could go wrong. It's not like they would suggest it if they weren't sure of their ability. I'm fairly certain of that at least.
    [Deep Down Coffee]

Mimi frowns a little. "Okay." She's gonna keep an eye on this guy. There better not be any trouble. If there is, he'll be asking for what he gets. The pixie has to stop herself from scowling. Nothing bad's happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac which

Élizabeth decides to tuck in all the untucked chairs (which, there probably are quite a few.) "I've only tried to teach one other person to play, though, and it didn't work out too well," she warns.
    [A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

"Just do your best. At the very least he might learn the basics and want to pursue it further. I'm sure he'll be enthusiastic when he starts." Celia says.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-25 at 12:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357

A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac"I will. I haven't ever given up yet," she says, before concentrating a lot to finish tucking in all the chairs.

((I am now out of ideas for stuff for her to clean up.))

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Sewers

"Okay, but remember you have to pay me back for this!" Hekta exclaims before she runs off, leaving Elias alone with the body.
    "Yeah, I'll pay you back by letting you keep those clothes you borrowed," Elias says, but probably not in time for her to hear him. But he can't afford to replace two sets of clothing, so the set he's wearing is going to have to be scrubbed and boiled.

He continues investigating the body by touch (avoiding some parts because he's squicked out by sex) while waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

"I'll give it a read. Who knows maybe it will convert me over to pacifism."

He smiles and obviously finds this very unlikely, even if it wouldn't be such a bad thing. But even as he thinks of a life of peace the scars on his palms start to itch, as if reminding him that life isn't for him. Not as if that is going to stop him from reading the book of course.
    "Maybe," Charity says. "But being a pacifist isn't everyone's path. I even have come to realize that you don't have to be a pacifist to be a good person. I just know it's the right path for me."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

Celia hangs up a dish towel, and they're done. "Thanks for your help cleaning up. That usually takes much longer."

((Feel free to end the scene here if you like. If you want Elizabeth to track down Morgan now, go ahead, but feel free to have her head off to do something new now too.))

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings

"Yes, please. It is good to finally be away from the scum filling the streets outside." The man smiles and looks around.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!