New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Bakeries
    Iamar might find Hunter putting his hands in front of her to stop her.
    "Hey. No weapons. That's going to provoke her. Further more, she's done nothing wrong at all."
    Daggers were dangerous!
    ((I'm a bit confused. Is Hunter talking about the Spitter?))

Iamar points to the human skeleton. "You would say that murderer is not wrong?" Iamar's a bit of a hypocrite here, but Hunter doesn't know she's an Assassin.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-09-01 at 12:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red Zone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Red Zone]

At about the time that Mrs. Bloodplunder starts to charge, the Chrysalid has recovered from the lightning card. It charges right at her rather than try to dodge, ignoring the magic orcs. When it gets close enough, it tries to grab her flail-swinging wrist with on of its arms, using the other to try and hoist her by the neck.
    Red Zone

The orc warrioresses are part of Mrs. Bloodplunder's Individual Magic Effect; they're a faint impression her soul is making as she enters a barbarian rage. They won't do anything; they can't.

Mrs. Bloodplunder's hand is caught, and she's lifted from the ground by the throat. Her response is to start kicking at the Chrysalid. Her right hand has been caught, though Mrs. Bloodplunder was wielding the flail with both hands. Her left hand lets go and she tries to grab the wrist holding her by the neck as her face pales. If that succeeds, she'll squeeze as hard as she can. Her strength has been boosted, and it may crack the Chrysalid's carapace, especially if the joint at the wrist is large- joints have a thinner exoskeleton to enable them to work.

Containment taken care of, Ace turns back to the scene just in time to see Mrs. Bloodplunder getting grabbed by the Chrysalid.
    Really? He'd expected the darn thing to be an oozing lump on the ground after that flail-smash. Damn things were resilient.

Ace doesn't bother drawing any new cards for now. He reaches out with his right hand, and as he does so a rope made of bound-together handkerchiefs lashes out from under his sleeve. It whips through the air like a snake to attempt to curve in around the Chrysalid and bind its legs together with a series of loops.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

3. - Top - End - #723
    Orc in the Playground

Streets- Here be Dragons

The orc stops taking off her armbands and roughly pushes the elf out of the way and takes as much of the flames as she can. Afterwards, her red silk robes have been burnt off, and possibly her bronze armbands have distorted, but she seems fine. She stands before the elf, and starts to grow. Her green skin changes colour, changing through the colour spectrum before settling upon a vibrant red. It changes texture, too, becoming scaly and growing a ridge along her spine. A pair of wings sprout from her sides as a tail grows from her rear. Her head elongates and grows vast horns. Eventually, she's reverted to the form of a red dragon, the bronze armbands she hadn't taken off stretching and breaking with her growth and her axe hits the floor. Judging by her size, she's only recently left her parent's lair. "When my boyfriend said this was our territory, he meant that we will fight you."

The elf is currently cowering behind his draconic girlfriend, hurriedly pulling his armbands and anklets off.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

Jamie's a member of staff!
    ...and, aside from Lillith, the only PC one. So I guess have the purchase rung up by NPCs...

...Jamie, meanwhile, grins at Salix. "Let's get you some pajamas, how's that?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #725

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Arright. I'll try t'be back tommorrow. See if I can figure this thing out," Cornelia says, smiling. After a moments hesitation, she tries to give Mia a brief hug before departing. "Thank ye."

Blacklight Street

Teq/Vul nods respectfully, shortly before he and his men board their ship to take off. Back to Remnant, away!
    [DMC]

Mia won't stop her from it.

"Deus Mechanicus did lead me to you."

((As for the little guy. He will most likly act normal and is able to serve her a bit, not many but you know he isn't that big. Please inform me if either a period of time has past like 1-2 IC months or if there is a special even there Cornelia did something special for the robot like saving his life . The wind up should be done every two days, but he can move until 3 days past.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

"Okay, sure." Syela says, grinning back at Jamie. She has no idea what pajamas are, but she's about to find out.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lefty's]

Cessie will melt the ice at the off-chance she will tell them, but seeing she won't she will start to look for Lefty herself. Not saying a word. Unlike the dryad her rage is still burning hotly, she isn't going to accept this humiliation.

Sakura can still follow her if she want though, she can most likely see that her friend is enraged at this point after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lefty's]

Sakura follows along behind Cessie. She isn't entirely done being upset, just not so angry.
    [Lefty's]

In the back, there's apparently the kitchen, where the naiad is currently doing dishes, and a door. Hanging from the door is a sign that says "The Manager is: OUT"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #728

[Lefty's]

The sorceress will open the door anyway and look inside. If there is no one inside she will turn to the naiad again. "When is the manager coming back? I want to be turned back now or I demand a refund." She asks.

She could stay here as long as was needed, she couldn't let this crazy place get away with this.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

"Yeah, we don't want to stay like this for another second." Sakura is not comfortable with transformations typically, especially those made without her consent. The sooner she's herself again, the better.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

The Naiad looks up from her washing towards them; her hands are water at the moment, and she's scrubbing the dishes with just her hands. She opens her mouth and...

Nothing. No sound comes forth, even as she moves her mouth to talk. Something is very wrong here. If either of them are watching closely, the words the naiad is trying to say are "I'm Sorry"

11. - Top - End - #731

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    ((I'm a bit confused. Is Hunter talking about the Spitter?))

Iamar points to the human skeleton. "You would say that murderer is not wrong?" Iamar's a bit of a hypocrite here, but Hunter doesn't know she's an Assassin.
    Bakeries
    ((Ah no, I thought Iamar was talking about the Witch))
    "Murder...is wrong, yes. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about Witch."
    "And I'm going to go and make sure she's still okay."

Hunter will hop off the building, landing nicely on his feet and letting the shock travel through his body.
    And then he'll focus on keeping Witch calm. Because that's probably a good idea right now.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #732

[Lefty's]

The mage gives the Naiad a concerned look. It looked like she was under some sort of enchantment. Mental enslavement possibly? Whatever it was, it looked serious and she would get to the bottom of it. "I think she's controlled by something. Stay close Sakura, this could be dangerous."

Focusing she attempts to discern any enchantments in the area, especially around the Naiad. Then she's going to take an extra close look at the office where the 'manager' was said to be.

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Streets- Here be Dragons

The orc stops taking off her armbands and roughly pushes the elf out of the way and takes as much of the flames as she can. Afterwards, her red silk robes have been burnt off, and possibly her bronze armbands have distorted, but she seems fine. She stands before the elf, and starts to grow. Her green skin changes colour, changing through the colour spectrum before settling upon a vibrant red. It changes texture, too, becoming scaly and growing a ridge along her spine. A pair of wings sprout from her sides as a tail grows from her rear. Her head elongates and grows vast horns. Eventually, she's reverted to the form of a red dragon, the bronze armbands she hadn't taken off stretching and breaking with her growth and her axe hits the floor. Judging by her size, she's only recently left her parent's lair. "When my boyfriend said this was our territory, he meant that we will fight you."

The elf is currently cowering behind his draconic girlfriend, hurriedly pulling his armbands and anklets off.
    Streets of Inside
    The Elder Dragon speaks again.
    "Aam? Hmmm? You are Dovah? Dukaan Mu Tugaat Wah Dovah Naal Krif, dishonor we bring to Dovahkind by fighting!"
    The dragon released a mighty shout at the Orc.
    "Faas Ru Maar!"
    The Orc-dragon and Elf-dragon should be filled with an incredible sense of fear and the urge to run.
    The Elder Dragon did not want to fight his own kin if unless he had to.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

Sakura looks worriedly at the naiad and stays close to Cessie. A part of her wants to suggest just leaving and telling Remnant to come figure this out. They could find another way to get turned by to normal. She doesn't speak up for now though, choosing to trust Cessie.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

There's definitely an enchantment on the Naiad, affecting her ability to do things, and locking her into a specific routine. It's masterfully made, if she can determine such, built not to be obvious from the outside. The Naiad has likely been watching in horror at all the things she's been forced to do, unable to dictate her own actions even as she has to experience them.

The back door of the building is also not what it appears to be, rather existing as a portal to another place. And... an alarm? it's set to go off if someone the back door without activating the key enchantments, something Cessie could do easily now that she's discovered it. There are no enchantments on the managerial area.

[Deep Down Coffee]

In that case, Sora will take Riss and Mimi towards his apartment in the gray zone. It's a mostly clean bachelor's place that should totally be dealt with in the home thread, so we're moving there
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-01 at 08:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #736

[Lefty's]

Well, the first thing to do would be to free the Naiad from the enchantment put on her. She will tap into is and concentrate on unravel it by finding it's binding to the fey. "Okay, going to free her from the enchantment and we'll see what she can tell us." She explains to Sakura while feverly working on freeing the poor waitress.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

"Okay." Sakura looks around, a bit antsy. She feels useless in this situation. "Can I do anything to help?"

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Sitar's Strings

"Unless you think I can help in some way," Starling adds.

He's not at all deranged! He's very sane in his fanaticism!
    [The Sitar's Strings]

Maahir looks dangerously deep in thought for several moments.
    "I am what is known in my country as a 'Channeler'." Explains Maahir.
    "One who is capable of tapping into the Source to achieve great power. Unfortunately, this power also comes at a great cost. The Source is cursed, so that some of those who touch it go mad and die of a wasting illness. I came here to the Nexus in search of a way to end this curse."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Original Hank's Hookahs

Calvin comes into the Hookah shop and grabs a pit slumping into a couch. He looks beat with dark circles under his eyes. He stares up at the ceiling spacing out. Charity could easily find him like this with out him noticing her approach, or at least not showing any signs of awareness.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

As the enchantment shatters, the naiad falls to the ground as a puddle, her clothing and the dishes forgotten. She moves, in puddle form, over to Cessie, before transforming back into her (now naked, since a compulsion isn't forcing her to wear clothes) human form to give Cessie a hug, "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou."

She also seems to be crying at this point.

21. - Top - End - #741

[Lefty's]

"Not now Sakura but I might need to you to call Remnant soon enough." Cessie explains before handing Sakura her council locator. Then she turns backand focuses on the waitress again, shattering the enchantment.

"Erm..." Cessie starts, this isn't the first time she have been hugged by an naked Naiad awkwardly enough. "Try to calm down, you're safe now. We need help to turn back however." She attempts to assure the fey, putting her hands on her shoulder to gently push her away a bit.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [The Sitar's Strings]

Maahir looks dangerously deep in thought for several moments.
    "I am what is known in my country as a 'Channeler'." Explains Maahir.
    "One who is capable of tapping into the Source to achieve great power. Unfortunately, this power also comes at a great cost. The Source is cursed, so that some of those who touch it go mad and die of a wasting illness. I came here to the Nexus in search of a way to end this curse."

"How long do you have?" Starling asks, his voice compassionate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Calvin comes into the Hookah shop and grabs a pit slumping into a couch. He looks beat with dark circles under his eyes. He stares up at the ceiling spacing out. Charity could easily find him like this with out him noticing her approach, or at least not showing any signs of awareness.

Charity slips in across from Calvin. "Hey... you don't look so good."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Sitar's Strings]

"It... varies." Says Maahir. His voice is flat. He is stating a matter of fact. "Some can hold out for years against the illness, others last only months."
    Depending on strength of will, channeling strength and how often and how extensively the Source is used, and all that.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-09-02 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calvin looks over at Chairty and gives a little shrug.

"Oh yeah, haven't been getting the best sleep this week. Something in the back of my head has been bugging me. Doesn't help that I don't know what it is. How have you been?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

Sakura holds onto the communicator tightly. "You're going to be okay. We won't let anyone hurt you." The dryad looks around worriedly. Where was the owner of this place...

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [The Sitar's Strings]

"It... varies." Says Maahir. His voice is flat. He is stating a matter of fact. "Some can hold out for years against the illness, others last only months."
    Depending on strength of will, channeling strength and how often and how extensively the Source is used, and all that.
    "It is dreadful that those creatures at Trog's attacked you, forcing you to use such a dangerous method to defend yourself," Starling says. "I hope we can find a cure for you in time."

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Calvin looks over at Chairty and gives a little shrug.

"Oh yeah, haven't been getting the best sleep this week. Something in the back of my head has been bugging me. Doesn't help that I don't know what it is. How have you been?"
    "Lost a patient two days ago," Charity says. "So, not so great either."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sorry to hear that."

He sits up rubbing his eyes trying to wake up a bit more.

"Care to join me for a smoke?"

He didn't order anything before hand since he was waiting for her.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #748
    Orc in the Playground

Streets- Here Be Dragons

The elf is following the example of his girlfriend and turning into his dragon form. It has shiny bronze scales. In both cases, the eyes remained unchanged.

"If you don't want to fight other dragons, LEAVE OUR TERRITORY! We will not force you to attack us, but if you do we will defend ourselves to the best of our ability." The red dragon is managing to resist the fear effect; her parents trained her in countering such things. Her boyfriend is looking nervous, but won't leave his girlfriend. She's putting out her own aura of fear; it's not a Shout, as both her and her boyfriend are DnD style dragons rather than Skyrim ones.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Temple of Splendors]

It had been an old building, a temple with a small and dwindling congregation devoted to an old and all but forgotten god. Until recently, that is. Sometime in the past few months, someone had poured a lot of time and money into the temple. Its crumbling facade has been replaced with columns of gleaming black marble veined with red. The pediment held sculpture, painted and accented with gold, that seemed to tell a story, although the symbology may be lost on some. A beast, its form a chimeric mix of many animals, pursues a solitary figure worked in black marble. In the next scene the black marble figure battles with a vicious wolf carved from stone so pure white it seemed to have an inner light. At the center, in the peak of the pediment, the figure stands victorious, his arms open wide, welcoming his worshipers into the temple. To his left men and women celebrate and feast. Among them move Satyr-like figures, except these creatures have lupine characteristics. Where the roof-line declines, a couple lays, intimately entwined.

When one ascends the steps, through the sculpted and gilded doors, they will find a wide room lined with columns, left open to the sky. The floor was more of that shining black marble, veined in red. At the center of the room, lifted on a pedestal, was a sculpture. Those with a knowledge of the arts would swear it was a lost Bernini. A man, elvish looking, pursued a woman who was twisting, changing into some chimeric creature. Doors lead off from this main antechamber. Of prominence were the high double doors that led deeper into the temple.

At present, the double doors were open wide, leading into a massive room dominated by a deep swimming pool filled with 10,000 gallons of Grade A Dark Amber Maple Syrup. Around the edge of the pool there were tables set up, many laden with food and drink, most with a maple theme or twist to them, along with many lounge chairs and tented cabanas. There were also stations with plenty of towels and basins of water, for when things became a little too sticky. An unobtrusive, but ornately designed sign, indicated that there were showers to the rear of the room. Visitors there would discover they were of the communal sort, but they were stocked with plenty of soap, sponges, and more towels.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Temple of Splendors]

Pavati stops outside the temple to take in the sight of it. Wow, that's something else. The selkie had seen little like it, and nothing that wasn't in ruins. This seems like a weird place to have the event she heard about, though. It's swimming in syrup, this doesn't look like the kind of place to be so silly.

Oh well, she's not going to question it. Pavati gradually makes her way to the temple in that awkward waddle she has to cope with to get around on land. It'll be fun to swim again, even if it's under such ridiculous conditions.