New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden can be a little weird, especially when his player goes nuts. Any way, he actually does head out before long, intent on getting some lunch.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

When he does, he'll see Miss Dyrr talking to a tiefling, while Kaeasi is on stage; the person to be talked to is probably the shy-looking girl, who, for no immediately apparent reason, gives off a vaguely canine air.

3. - Top - End - #1113

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden looks around and sees the shy girl, and approaches her. "Hey."

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

She smiles nervously at him.

"Hello... You want to order something, right?"

Her voice is deep, and quiet, with notes in it indicative of a desperate need for confirmation and approval.

5. - Top - End - #1115

[Hollow Hill]

"Yep. What's up for grabs?" Aiden says, not really noting the tone of the woman's tone of voice.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[Hollow Hill]

A drow, who was sitting in a small alcove off to one side, nods, and hops up, coming over to her.

"It is. I take it you're here for acting, not writing or effects, since you specifically asked about auditions? We don't have anyone else here for that just yet, but I can have you do some readings, maybe run through a scene with you on my own, if you're good, or at least worth teaching.

Oh, and since you're a tiefling, let me know if anyone gives you any trouble about that. Interpersonal problems, fine, we're all going to have those, just don't let it get dangerous, and, secondarily, since you're more important than the show, don't let it get in the way of the play. But I do not tolerate the kind of petty crap involved in having a problem with someone's species; you're you first, then an actress, and whatever else you are comes later. It'll be factored into picking your roles, obviously, but so would someone being an elf, or a catgirl, since all of those affect how you look too."

Yup! I'm here for the actress-ing!

She blushes a pale blue and looks down. Don't worry... I'm used to it.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-09-14 at 07:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

7. - Top - End - #1117

[Aegis Vaults]

Whammo! Both Dr. Decibel's sonic wave and Gelley's rocket-slam straight into the lead robot's shield and go no further, a faint flicker of cyan light outlining the barrier on each impact.

Impressively solid workmanship for such old models.

The second robot drops it's own shield, extendable arms shooting out to make a grab for Divebomb while she's hopefully still recovering from running into a wall. The first scuttles aside, putting itself between Decibel and it's ally.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

((Note to self: Do not promise to edit in stuff later. You will never remember.))

Ponona Blvd

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Slii looks from the screaming man to Taul and then finally to Mitchal with a chattering yellowed grin, "Slii is with NO, and NO takes no death contracts. Slii will not be paid to infect, man-things need no fear of him." Then he turns back to the screaming man lying in bed, shaking his head rapidly.

"Man-things think they are plaguebearing, but they are not? Odd-weird it is. Slii scurry-comes because he is immune to sickmakings, but this is not what he expected. How do healers change sick one's minds?" Slii doesn't seem to notice, but one word in particular does not sputter from his lips in his whiny, phlegmatic voice. Instead it rolls out in a deep cultured baritone that sets his own skin, and possibly the skin of those within arm's length, to crawling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona Blvd

"What?"

"Very carefully," CB states simply. Of course, neither of the robot have any flesh to crawl.

"Inside... me?"

The patient appears to be somewhat surprised and is suddenly distracted from internal potential doom by external potential doom.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ponona Blvd]

Erin, pulled aside by Taul, listens with a frown, nodding. "That...makes sense, I guess. And that's strange. Has anybody attempted putting the paitents inside an anti-magic field?" she suggests.

Taul might notice her eyes are still glowing, solid green, instead of the normal-pupiled Spice-blue they were when she arrived...

"Not to my knowledge. Go ahead and try if you have that ability," Taul says to Erin.

Charity sits up at the skin crawling word and stares at Slii before deciding that she'd really rather lay back down again. Stupid nightmare about plague monsters and bickering robots... Edijar makes his way to her side.

Mitchal ignores Slii, whose existence offends him, and turns to CB. "You said you've been able to cure people? Show me."

Sitar's Strings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [The Sitar's Strings]

"As I have noticed." Says Maahir bitterly, still sore about being run out of the tavern by those two fae beings. "We should soon teach them the error of their actions."

"We will, son. We will," Starling says in his soothing tone that makes him sound like a man to be trusted. I think I'm going to make it canon that he has that as an ability. "Do you need a place to stay?"

The Original Hank's Hookahs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [The Orginal Hank's Hookahs]

Calvin takes the book of poetry and quickly flips through it just taking a quick look at it before tucking it away.

"I'll be sure to give it a read. And thanks for talking with me. It helps me keep thinking."

Because sometimes he feels it would be easier just not think about any of this stuff. Just do what he is told and shut down his brain. Having to decide who he is going to be is hard, and he is often confused. Even when he wanted to quit though he never could escape his thoughts, so he feels relived to have someone that he might be able to trust to share them with.

"I should get going."
    "Take care of yourself, Calvin. Same time next week, unless you call me sooner," Charity says.

Fleeing

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fleeing

Why should Ekkehard follow her home when he can find that information out later through entirely legitimate means?

Although it seems Ekkehard considers taking a small flask from his pocket and releasing a tiny, purple-and-red-striped wasp and directing it to follow Emily home a 'legitimate means'. When that's complete, and the wasp has begun following its target, Ekkehard will walk in another direction to a small shack he's currently living in.

Emily lives with her mother in a walk up flat in a mostly-human neighbourhood. She doesn't notice the wasp.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Hollow Hill]

"Yep. What's up for grabs?" Aiden says, not really noting the tone of the woman's tone of voice.
    She lists off the menu, sounding a bit more sure of herself, since she's not responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post

Yup! I'm here for the actress-ing!

She blushes a pale blue and looks down. Don't worry... I'm used to it.
    Chandara goes to hug her gently, if it seems like she'd be okay with it, smiling at her.

"You shouldn't have to be, though. And you won't, while you're with my troupe. Just make sure I find out, and I'll put a stop to it. Okay?"

10. - Top - End - #1120

Ponona Blvd

"What?"

"Very carefully," CB states simply. Of course, neither of the robot have any flesh to crawl.

"Inside... me?"

The patient appears to be somewhat surprised and is suddenly distracted from internal potential doom by external potential doom.
    Ponona Blvd

"Careful, yes-yes. Must-not shatter-break feeble man-things minds no-no?" And with that eloquent statement, Slii shuffles off to a corner, clutching his cloak about him and chittering as he ponders this most difficult of challenges.

People are free to talk and consult with him, but the harsh pale green light that he's playing over his fingers like a child's toy may offend the eyes of those that come too close. He seems deep in thought for the moment, and only briefly glances up from what he's working on.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1121

[Hollow Hill]

She smiles sheepishly. That's a first... thanks for caring. She'll hug her back hesitantly.

Uh, so, is anyone else in the troupe yet?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

The man looks after Slii as the rat man walks away. He then curls up a little. He's not sure what just happened.

CB looks at Mitchal. "Well, it's unique between patients, because it's a psychological situation. It's not as much a cure as it is just a bit of incentive to ignore the disease. Not everyone will be helpful, and it might not be permanent... if we can get enough people up and around, it might reverse the process."

Woo crosses his arms. "What he neglects to mention is that his method of psychology is more likely to cause PTSD than cure it."

CB turns back to woo. "You have no evidence for that. I use a method that works. And indeed, it does work. You, however, lack the experience and sense of subtlety that is necessary to be a successful psychologist."

The person nearest to Slii begins to sing in her cot... "Will you, won't you, Will you, wont you, will you join the dance? Will you, won't you, Will you, wont you, won't you join the dance?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-09-15 at 12:20 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden listens to each of the options, while wondering where he'd have to go to get a decent burger. "I'll be having the third one you mentioned, please."

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Orc in the Playground

Fleeing --> Emily's House

The wasp will take notice of the house, and turn to report its location to Ekkehard Ohtheresson.

The Temple of Splendours

Myrim swims up to Tina and tries to rest her hand on Tina's shoulder. "Excuse me, do you not think I'm attractive? Because you said that everyone here is either a good swimmer or a model." Myrim is quite pretty. Her teeth are quite pointy, and point inwards to prevent fish from slipping out, so that might put people off.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Original Hank's Hookahs

"I'll try. See you back here then."

With that he heads out of the Hookah shop probably heading back to his uncles.

--------------

Ponona Blvd-Outside Quarantine

A couple of small trucks pull up and stop outside the quarantine. There are several young men who wish to see if the people here are in need of any medical supplies. Also they seem to have prepared dozens of hot meals in nifty little containers that will keep them warm for half a day. They hoped that they would be able to be taken to the sick, most of them soups or stews.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Aegis Vaults]

Whammo! Both Dr. Decibel's sonic wave and Gelley's rocket-slam straight into the lead robot's shield and go no further, a faint flicker of cyan light outlining the barrier on each impact.

Impressively solid workmanship for such old models.

The second robot drops it's own shield, extendable arms shooting out to make a grab for Divebomb while she's hopefully still recovering from running into a wall. The first scuttles aside, putting itself between Decibel and it's ally.
    [Aegis Vaults]

Doctor Decibel tries a new tactic, stomping the floor to send out a shockwave of sonic energy. Might throw some of them off balance, particularly grabby mcgrab. Let's see their shield stop gravity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Ponona Blvd

"Careful, yes-yes. Must-not shatter-break feeble man-things minds no-no?" And with that eloquent statement, Slii shuffles off to a corner, clutching his cloak about him and chittering as he ponders this most difficult of challenges.

People are free to talk and consult with him, but the harsh pale green light that he's playing over his fingers like a child's toy may offend the eyes of those that come too close. He seems deep in thought for the moment, and only briefly glances up from what he's working on.
    Ponona Blvd

The man looks after Slii as the rat man walks away. He then curls up a little. He's not sure what just happened.

CB looks at Mitchal. "Well, it's unique between patients, because it's a psychological situation. It's not as much a cure as it is just a bit of incentive to ignore the disease. Not everyone will be helpful, and it might not be permanent... if we can get enough people up and around, it might reverse the process."

Woo crosses his arms. "What he neglects to mention is that his method of psychology is more likely to cause PTSD than cure it."

CB turns back to woo. "You have no evidence for that. I use a method that works. And indeed, it does work. You, however, lack the experience and sense of subtlety that is necessary to be a successful psychologist."

The person nearest to Slii begins to sing in her cot... "Will you, won't you, Will you, wont you, will you join the dance? Will you, won't you, Will you, wont you, won't you join the dance?"

"If his method causes problems, I want to see for myself. Show me,"
    Mitchal says again.

Taul pokes Erin to see if her player is paying attention.

Spoiler
    Show

A couple of small trucks pull up and stop outside the quarantine. There are several young men who wish to see if the people here are in need of any medical supplies. Also they seem to have prepared dozens of hot meals in nifty little containers that will keep them warm for half a day. They hoped that they would be able to be taken to the sick, most of them soups or stews.

Remnant officers scan the supplies for any poisons, traps, etc. Assuming they're legitimate, they will thank the young men and teleport the supplies across the barrier.

If they aren't, then something different is likely to happen.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Miss Dyrr nods and heads off, then.

When Meli and Young Star arrive, they'll find that Hollow Hill isn't quite in a literal hollow hill, but it's pretty close; Hollow Hill is a rather large concrete building in the shape of a hill.
    Meli's Elven eye widens in awe as they arrive, barely slowing to land. Running ahead, the mismatched Elf almost forgets Louis, but turns at the last moment. Beckoning the super hero to follow.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Hollow Hill

Rather than walk or fly, Louis does a superstrong leap to the hill shaped buildings front door, but softens his landing with his flight power. It's nice to see the elf girl so excited.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is nothing dangerous about any of the supplies. They also will let the officers know that they can be back every day with another set of meals if that isn't a problem.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

21. - Top - End - #1131

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Weird looking place, this one.

An old rusted cyclone fence surrounds a landscape of concrete and steel. Undulating artificial hills and rails dot the park as a means of amusement for those who happen to enjoy woshing around on skateboards.

Of course...

Since one doesn't see skateboards in the Nexus that often the place is rather neglected.

Strange how that works in the Nexus. How places tend to be forgotten and simply corrode away into the ever shifting landscape....

A crackle of pearlecent white magic.

And then-

ZOT!

Sigil Stripe appears, his saddle bags loaded down with a plethora of magical trinkets and baubles. He's here for a magic lesson. Or rather, to teach a magic lesson. The unipony sits down on a flight of stairs and waits for Astrid.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Ponona Blvd

Ponona Blvd

Slii looks to the woman, and then to his hands. Then back to the woman, and then back to his hands.

"Crazy breeder thinks-sick, so is-sick. Must stop think-sicking. Slii must change man-things' minds. Must make them think not-sick." He chatters to himself for a while, mumbling and switching from Skaven tongue to Common to Reikspeil to the hissing, clacking tongue he speaks to his rats in as he runs out of words in each vocabulary to describe his thoughts. Finally, he looks up to see if anyone is looking in his direction apart from the singing woman, and then reaches out to try to poke her on the forehead with a clawed forefinger.

Assuming the chaotic sorcery that Slii wields can take effect without incident, a change will force its way into the woman's mind. She is not sick. She was never sick, and will never be sick again. It's not an opinion, it's fact, ingrained into her mind so solidly that it might as well have been with her from birth. One could argue the benefits of the placebo effect in staving off illnesses, but Slii cares not for that. This is about bringing glory to Clan NO in finding a way to heal this mind plague before anyone else, showing the world the indispensability of the mercenary group.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

"This way, we can talk while I look for a mark."

CB will begin to move down the aisle. "I feel it's worth noting that most of the people here will probably be cured as those around them are cured. However, those around them are all sick... an odd situation. In any case, as many people up and moving as possible is the best situation. If any of them can, they should."

Over in the corner, the woman suddenly tenses up when touched, and then rolls out of the bed on the opposite side from Slii. She gets up, no longer delusional, but suddenly rather pale

"I think I'm going to be-" NOT SICK "I think I may throw up."

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Spoiler
    Show

There is nothing dangerous about any of the supplies. They also will let the officers know that they can be back every day with another set of meals if that isn't a problem.

"Who are you?" the soldiers ask.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponona Blvd

"This way, we can talk while I look for a mark."

CB will begin to move down the aisle. "I feel it's worth noting that most of the people here will probably be cured as those around them are cured. However, those around them are all sick... an odd situation. In any case, as many people up and moving as possible is the best situation. If any of them can, they should."

Over in the corner, the woman suddenly tenses up when touched, and then rolls out of the bed on the opposite side from Slii. She gets up, no longer delusional, but suddenly rather pale

"I think I'm going to be-" NOT SICK "I think I may throw up."

"I want to actually see what you do to cure somebody. I'll hear your theories afterwards," Mitchal says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1135

Ponona Blvd

"Breeder can go expel waste if she wishes. She is not-sick." Slii chatters tiredly, looking around for other bad cases of people hallucinating or wasting away more than others. He's not particularly fond of reaching out to the dark powers for something so trivial, especially since it will have to be repeated a lot to achieve widespread results, but he's willing to do so for the glory of his clan.

If he sees a likely candidate, he'll shuffle over in that direction, muttering to himself and wondering how to fix the next one.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

There isn't anyone immediately apparent to Slii, but if he looks a bit he could find someone particularly bad off.

"It's not theories. It's modern medicine. Ah, here we are."

CB will go over to a patient, one that's not as bad as the others, and talk to him. A short conversation... followed by pushing that patients buttons. In some of the cruelest ways possible. After about eight minutes, the patient is in tears. From there, CB tells the patient to get up and fly straight. It takes a good amount of goading, but the patient does get up and walk away.

"See? Effective."

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Mitchal does not let it go on for 8 minutes. Once it becomes evident that he's being cruel to the patient, he interrupts.

"I want you to leave. Now. You are not allowed to speak to any more patients. Not one word."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Cb will stop, and then roll away.

"Thank you! He's effective on the battlefield or in the operating room, but... gah. There's something wrong with him."

Woo sighs a bit. "The trick is, he's got all the latest medical knowledge. I did some research and... he knows what he's talking about. We're going to need psychologists."

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to make sure that CB goes all the way out."

Unless stopped, Woo will hover off, scooping up a newspaper as he goes.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Ponona Blvd

Slii abandons his quest to find someone else to mess with when he sees CB being pulled back by Mitchal, scurrying over to the group with an unpleasant grin on his face even as CB is forced out.

"Slii has undone the mind-sick that puny manthings have caught. Must do work carefully, one at a time, since it is delicate spellcraft, far beyond the comprehension of most." And by that Slii clearly means that he's sure he's the only one capable of it, and therefore can't be driven off even if the manthings are disgusted by his presence.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]

Kara slips into the pool as well, giggling at the sticky, slippery, sensuous sensations. "I think you're right," she tells Pass with a smile.

[Ponona Blvd]

"...unfortunatly that's not something I can cast," Erin says apologetically. "I can call for an AMF Generator to be provided though, without breaking quarantine even..."

At Taul's agreement, Erin closes her eyes for a moment, as she telepathically communicates...

...and about 45 seconds later, a Ground Bridge portal bursts open to one side of the room, a group of DRDs carrying a platform carrying a cylindrical device coming through before it snaps closed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items