New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Here Be Dragons!

Well, now. The bronze dragon doesn't want to leave his girlfriend, and so ignores the blanket. Instead, as soon as the chains and other impediments fall off, he walks away from them and starts turning back into a dragon.

The red dragon is hit by the Unrelenting Force, and slides quite a distance backwards causing much havoc along the road and the pavement on either side, plus putting her tail through a tailor's window. After she stands up, she walks slowly back towards the Elder Dragon in human shape with a rather hungry expression upon her face. She's walking slowly, deliberately, with three feet on the ground at any one time and her claws embedded into the tarmac; she hopes that if he tries that trick again she's too well anchored for it to hold.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dragons!
    Oh no no no.
    That elf does not just get to go back into the fray!
    The woman reaches into her bag of holding, removing yet another chain. This one, however, is not adorned with runes.
    "Skrul noh rite!"
    The chain will multiply, shooting forth to chain up the elf again!
    "Seriously, did I give you permission to go back into fighting? You guys are causing A LOT of property damage right now and we do not need any more."

The Elder Dragon takes the chance to run when the Orc-dragon is knocked away!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Orc in the Playground

Here Be Dragons!

"He challenged us! We're defending our territory, and the property damage is accidental. Besides, that's my girlfriend!" The elf sounds quite determined that he's doing the good thing.

Since the Elder Dragon has his back turned, and I believe is still in human shape, the red dragon speeds up and tries to catch up before lowering her mouth and attempting to close it with him inside her mouth, at which point she'll raise her head and start shaking it vigorously. There's enough room inside that the Elder Dragon is bounced around and may break some bones.

4. - Top - End - #1234

Dragons!
    "While that's probably true, I can't let you back out there. Letting you go out in dragon form will cause more damage and possible harm to more people. So I'll be going out to end this with no more damage."

Meanwhile!
    The Elder Dragon is snatched up! Various bones are broken until his neck finally snaps and he dies.
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Orc in the Playground

Here Be Dragons

She was expecting him to try transforming back into a dragon, otherwise she'd have swallowed; shaking him was to hurt him until he got too big for her mouth, at which point she'd spit him out and blast him with flame. So, after he's dead, she continues shaking her head for a while before throwing him out of her mouth at a brick house, aiming for a wall without windows. She might, however, accidentally throw him over the house or into the chimney.

"I don't think it matters anyway; I think he's dead." The bronze dragon in elfin form will watch the body's brief flight.

Also, I believe in canon dragons can absorb dragon souls- that's why the Dovahkiin can learn Shouts the way they do, they have the soul of a dragon which enables them to take the dragon's knowledge.

6. - Top - End - #1236

Dragons!
    That be true, but I doubt we need a young, hot-headed dragon running around with the Voice
    The body goes flying! Yay!

The woman facepalmed.
    "Elder's damn it."
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Orc in the Playground

Here Be Dragons

"Um, can you let me go now? I don't want Maggie to be angry at you for chaining me up. Maggie's anger usually ends in something dying, or something being broken." The elf is hopeful!

"Woohoo! I killed that arrogant son of a donkey! I am the Mighty, the Best, the Most Magnificent! But I think Kally would be angry with me if I did a victory dance as a dragon. Now, how does it go? Ah, yes." With the last two words, her skin changes colour to a dark green, and she shrinks in size, becoming more humanoid in appearance. When complete, the dragon has returned to the shape of a female orc, which promptly does a rather silly-looking dance. But since she's nude, heavily muscled, and just changed shape from a dragon, it's probably best not to point that out.

Aaw....

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [On the way to Trog's]

"Hello."

The random passersby responds with a nod.

"If you say the word quiet in there a bunch of tentacles pop out and grab people. And sometimes there are odd bar fights. Those are easy enough to avoid though. It's the best place to meet people though."

He smiles as he sees her start to become more confident.
    At the thought of tentacles, Hui wrinkles her nose in disgust. Eww. You're not serious, are you?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On the Way to Trog's]

"I've never seen it happen. But I don't make a habit of testing the crazy things I hear about this city. They usually end up being true."

He shrugs. It shouldn't be far, though Hui will doubtfully notice that Calvin seems to be taking them on a sort of round about way there. He hopes this being her first time in the city she won't notice.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Gerri's House]

"Well, there are support programs for these situations. They can be sure to find people to take you in until you turn eighteen, among other forms of support." Erani says. "And, well, for the investigation, someone will want to talk to you I imagine."
    "Okay. Allright. I'm willing to help if I can, yes. Is there anything to do right now, or will people contact me about this later?"

That is, how much of this do you want handwaved?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ponona Blvd]

Erin jolts awake!
    Blinking in surprise.
    Then nodding.
    "I'll try," she says, and it's possible (possible!) that Taul will find that more magical energy than he really should have used in that jolt has been siphoned away...
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Taul catches Erin as she falls. Damn the woman, she's going to ruin everything! If people think she's fallen ill of the mystery sickness, it'll spoil the entire effect of the placebo spell as well as make the next attempt less likely to succeed. He mutters a quick prayer and his hands send a jolt of energy through her - like getting an IV of espresso. "Stay on your feet and act like you feel fine as long as anyone can see you," he mutters in her ear.

*all actions attempted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Slii stands scratching his arms irritably as his skin crawls from being the center of attention. He subconsciously begins inching towards the door bit by bit, but stops whenever he locks eyes with someone, flinching a bit at being caught in the act.
    CB will roll over to Slii, and touch him on the shoulder slightly.

"Look like you're having a conversation with me. We're going to the corner now. Do not panic. Don't you dare panic. Keep moving. You're busy having a conversation with me, you're busy, not enough time to talk to other people."

As long as nothing goes horribly wrong, a slow upward spiral will form. It'll take a day or two to really get going, but even just by the end of the day help from the outside isn't really necessary.

11. - Top - End - #1241

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Here Be Dragons

"Um, can you let me go now? I don't want Maggie to be angry at you for chaining me up. Maggie's anger usually ends in something dying, or something being broken." The elf is hopeful!

"Woohoo! I killed that arrogant son of a donkey! I am the Mighty, the Best, the Most Magnificent! But I think Kally would be angry with me if I did a victory dance as a dragon. Now, how does it go? Ah, yes." With the last two words, her skin changes colour to a dark green, and she shrinks in size, becoming more humanoid in appearance. When complete, the dragon has returned to the shape of a female orc, which promptly does a rather silly-looking dance. But since she's nude, heavily muscled, and just changed shape from a dragon, it's probably best not to point that out.

Aaw....

Dragons!
    "...fine. You're just lucky that everyone here's probably insured for this kind of damage."
    The chains retract, going back into her hand.
    "Just put on some clothes."
    She doesn't wanna see any of...that
    She does throw the blanket at him again, though.
    And one at the back of the Orc.
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Orc in the Playground

Here Be Dragons

"Thank you. My name's Kallistixerius, or Kally for short. That's my girlfriend, Magnathoraxus, or Maggie. What's yours?" He quickly wraps the towel around his waist and hurries over to where his bronze arm bands lie. Some are bent out of shape, but those that still fit are hurriedly pulled on. Maggie is hit by the towel, and also wraps it around her body, mimicking Kally's method of wearing it like a skirt. She will put her own bronze armbands on.

13. - Top - End - #1243

Dragons!
    The woman removes her helm, letting loose her quite short cut blonde hair, and revealing her piercing green eyes.
    "I'm Kari Wyrmhunter, Dragonhunter."
    She slips the helm and chains into her bag of holding.
    "And why exactly were you two fighting my mark?"
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

[On the Way to Trog's]

"I've never seen it happen. But I don't make a habit of testing the crazy things I hear about this city. They usually end up being true."

He shrugs. It shouldn't be far, though Hui will doubtfully notice that Calvin seems to be taking them on a sort of round about way there. He hopes this being her first time in the city she won't notice.
    Hui is oblivious, seeing as this is the first human city she's ever been in. She's more comfortable, but still looking around. That's sick.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On the Way to Trog's]

"They are actually pretty harmless. Just try not use the Q word. Trust me it is a OK place, and the best place I can think of to find someone that could help you find home."

They reach the door and he stops turning to her.

"So do you want to come in?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside Trog's}

Hui nods her head. I'm sure the word won't come up. Not by me at least.

She steps up and waits for Calvin to procede.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

[A Park]

"I can understand that. I even spend most of my time around a ton of other people. But still can't help but feel lonely.

I'm glad I have you at least to talk to."
    "And I'm glad I'm here for you," Sharon says honestly, smiling. "And I'll always be here, I promise."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

"I know. You are one of the few constants in my life. I just wanted to make sure you were happy."

There watcher is starting to get bolder it seems. Peaking it's head out of the brush. It looks to be some sort of lemur like creature with a long and puffy tail much like a squirrel.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

[A Park]

Sharon blushes, and is about to say something, when suddenly she spots the critter.
    And points!
    "...hey, what's that?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

Angie turns and blinks at it. "I don't know. A cute little guy."

The little lemur scuttles forward towards the two limping slightly on his hind back leg. He looks up at the two woman curiously, apparently unafraid.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

[A Park]

"...awwwwww, he's hurt."
    Sharon frowns, leaning down so as not to tower over the critter.
    "Hey there little guy...what's wrong?" she says softly and soothingly to it.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Orc in the Playground

Here be Dragons!

"He yelled some kind of challenge, threatening the people of Inside, and we answered that as this is our territory now, he'd best leave or fight us. He chose to fight. Can't tell you much about what he said; I wasn't paying too much attention. He tried to make us back down, using some kind of fear effect and kept yelling wierdo words." The orc is still wearing the towel around her waist, but Kally quickly unwraps it and hastily re-ties it higher up.
    "Humanoids don't like seeing naked humanoids for some reason. Female chests are one of the main areas they seem to disagree upon being shown quite that blatantly." Maggie seems perplexed by this little lesson, but lets it go.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Okay. Allright. I'm willing to help if I can, yes. Is there anything to do right now, or will people contact me about this later?"

That is, how much of this do you want handwaved?
    [Gerri's House]

"I can see to having someone sent over tomorrow morning. Are you going to be alright here for the night?" Erani asks with real concern. She doesn't expect that Gerri will be really alright.

*applies maximum handwavium*

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

The little lemur limps over to Sharon looking her over. His ears perk up and he leans forward sniffing at them.

"It looks like something got a hold of that back leg."

Less of a bite and more like something gripped him strongly.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    It has not often occurred to me to wonder on how the viscosity of a fluid affects a swimmer, but feeling it in action is another thing entirely.
    ((Fun fact: water rendered doubly viscous through use of thickeners is not noticeably harder to swim in because, while it's harder to push yourself through, it's also more substantial to push against. Not sure how viscous this syrup is compared to water, though, so that may not apply here.))
    Kara giggles and nods happily. "I know. You going to join us, 'Nissa?" she calls to her girlfriend with a grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Restrictions? Whaddya mean?" Tina asks, trying to give Shrike a little elbow in the ribs. "And don't ask what the most fun thing is."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Where I'm from, the only people likely to set something like this up are the Elves. And they're a xenophobic race of megalomaniacs that claim to have the oldest culture, which is true as far as it goes. They're unlikely to invite anybody that isn't an elf, and even then not every elf would get an invite." Just City Elves, the richest Wood Elf nobles and Sea Elf ship captains. Wild Elves won't be invited. "I'm just going to assume the most fun thing is eating it. Although I'd rate that at second, after swimming."
    Shrike sticks her tongue out at Tina, and shakes her head bemusedly. "No, eating it is the third most fun thing. I'll let you use your imagination though," the redheaded Exalt says, grinning and aiming an elbow for Tina's side.

[A Park]

The little lemur limps over to Sharon looking her over. His ears perk up and he leans forward sniffing at them.

"It looks like something got a hold of that back leg."

Less of a bite and more like something gripped him strongly.
    "Yeah. Um...can you...?" Sharon looks up at Angie hesitantly, even as she goes to give the lemur's ears a pat.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerri's House

"Yeah. I should be." It's obvious from her voice that she isn't going to be really alright. She probably doesn't really believe it yet... humans don't deal with this kind of thing well.

"Do you need my cell number? I might not be home all day." She wants to go get comfort food, but Erani doesn't need to know that detail...

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's House]

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea." Erani fishes a pen and a crumpled receipt out of her pocket to write it down on.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

The little guy eagerly rubs his head into Sharon's hand.

"Of course."

Angie reaches down holding her hand out letting the lemur come to her sniffing. When they touch there is a brief flash of light and then the lemur is healed. He stands up on his hind legs checking out his now uninjured leg.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerri's House

Gerri will give Erani the number. "Anything else? Or is that all for now?"

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's House]

"No, that's everything." Erani steps forward to try and give Gerri a brief hug. "I'll talk to you again soon." And unless Gerri wants to stop her, Erani will leave.