New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1500

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Pathfinder's Hut]

"Well, it really comes down to the fact that while I would like to have your children... I'm not sure how I'd feel about someone else also doing so. Sometimes I feel like I'd be fine with it and sometimes I feel like I wouldn't," Reelshka says with another sigh. "That's my only concern really, but it's a big one."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I guess you're right. I'll ask her later." Brinika nods. "Miss Julie is really nice and her babies are cute. They don't look like her at all, but Aunt Reelshka says it's okay."
    Main Cabin

"That's fine." And it made some sense too. Last time Justin saw Julie's boyfriend boyfriend Eric, he was all tentacles eyes and mouths. That'd probably throw a wrench in the genetics. "What do they look like? I'm going to go try and see Julie later, and I don't want to be too surprised."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

"I..." He starts before stopping. What did he think about it? Reelshka will probably grow uncomfortable before he speaks again. "I know what you're concerned about, but I'm not sure I could, Reelshka." He admits. "Maybe before when I was just a Spirit-Shaman I would have been able to stick with only you, but now that I know I'm the son of Dawn Wolf and Fenrir? I..." He pauses, trying to find the words. "I think it'd be rather selfish of me to do so."

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Near the picnic table

"I've never eaten meat uncooked. Maybe I should try, since I'm a catperson now. Will you show me how?"
    Vasi says.
    Keo rips the head off of the mouse with her teeth. She then starts chewing the meat right off of the bones... it's quite straightforward. She then stops.

"you weren't always a catperson,m?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    >Sorry, yes, I meant to say Hello. I'm not Kate though; we're different individuals. We're just using the same access point to speak to you. Speaking of, can you tell me who you are?
    Nothing happens for a bit, a ... blinking on the screen. Presumably this means it's thinking.

>"I'm not Kate though; we're different individuals. We're just using the same access point to speak to you."
    >Can you explain this? I do not understand.
    >"can you tell me who you are?"
    >I am a computer program, that is an artificial intelligence.

"Keep in mind that it only has the inside of a computer for a world, so that most things are almost completely alien to it." Kate says. Copi is peering at the screen, but doesn't say anything.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

"That's fine." And it made some sense too. Last time Justin saw Julie's boyfriend boyfriend Eric, he was all tentacles eyes and mouths. That'd probably throw a wrench in the genetics. "What do they look like? I'm going to go try and see Julie later, and I don't want to be too surprised."
    "Well, one of them has really white sort of scaly skin and three tails," Brinika says. "And the other one has lots of tentacles and black skin," she explains. Luckily, goblin children are somewhat harder to creep out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Pathfinder's Hut

"I..." He starts before stopping. What did he think about it? Reelshka will probably grow uncomfortable before he speaks again. "I know what you're concerned about, but I'm not sure I could, Reelshka." He admits. "Maybe before when I was just a Spirit-Shaman I would have been able to stick with only you, but now that I know I'm the son of Dawn Wolf and Fenrir? I..." He pauses, trying to find the words. "I think it'd be rather selfish of me to do so."
    Reelshka nods slowly.
    "Yes, I think I understand what you mean. You're not just any Wolfen and not even any Shaman. I suppose... I suppose I could get used to the idea. Now, the question is... would you want to have children with me, whether or not they'd be your only ones?" she asks. He's said that he'd be honored already, but she'd rather hear it again, just to be sure.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

"Reelshka..." Pathfinder says before figuring it'd be better if he could tell her when she's much closer and reaches out to grab her to pull her close so he can nip her ear gently. "Yes, I would like that very much." He tells her quietly.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Reelshka is quite willingly pulled close and smiles. "When you put it that way... I don't think I'm quite so concerned anymore... she says as she gives his neck a light bite in response.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lake]

Yuki looks over and smiles at Salix and Sophie as they come over.

"I figured someone would need to get the stuff out of the water, so I figured I would get started. I don't think I can get the big crossbow myself, and most of the wood I don't think anyone will really miss. I think this stuff belongs to the elf kid.

I hope that is OK."

Yuki's white robe is a bit wet from wading out into the water, thankfully she hasn't had to go to deep.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

Apart from a few boards that have washed up on the island, all that's left now is the door the elf was using as a raft (I forgot that it hadn't reached shore when the elf was removed from it) and a broken ballista; it's repairable, if one knows how to replace the rope and clean the windlass.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1120

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Well, one of them has really white sort of scaly skin and three tails," Brinika says. "And the other one has lots of tentacles and black skin," she explains. Luckily, goblin children are somewhat harder to creep out.
    Main Cabin

"White scaly skin isn't what I expected, but lot's tentacles sounds about right," Justin says as he nods. He finally stands up and brushes of the pants of his jumpsuit. "I have some people I want to talk to before I go see Julie and her kids. If I can find you, do you want to come with me to her cabin later? Knock out two birds with one stone?" he asks, trying to get around that he has no idea where her cabin is.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #1121

Hadrian is still walking around outside. He might see his sister Jamie talking to the newcomer and head over to investigate.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Elm Cabin -> Outside

Later!
    Reinholdt comes back out. He looks much better. Just a bit ragged. Amazing what time and blood will do for a vampire.

He's already headed for the camp exit again though, unless intercepted by someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore >> Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Unless the sea elf wakes up, Lume will carry him to the infirmary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    He's not waking up just yet, but he is starting to stir.

Also, no negative reactions to the antidote administered by Quinn.
    Quinn looks relieved, and hurries ahead to the Infirmary to prepare a medbed.

[Garden Path]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Hinata blinks. "...Vidalia?"
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Hadrian is still walking around outside. He might see his sister Jamie talking to the newcomer and head over to investigate.
    "Miss Vidalia is a shapeshifter. She's a woman but she's also an onion." From Jamie's expression she's a little envious of Vidalia's figure, too.

Then she spots Hadrian, and grins happily, waving him over to join them.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden Path]

"Ah... well, I have seen odder things in my time.

And who's this?"

Hinata smiles gently at Hadrian.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1125

Outside > Garden Path

As Reinholdt walks past Hadrian, the latter inadvertently uses his psychic ability to try to read the former's personal unconscious. If Rein's vampirism or mental defenses allow this accidental mind reading to succeed, Hadrian might see any repressed feelings or memories, forgotten thoughts, subliminal perceptions, grudges, phobias, and/or desires. Basically, the opposite of a telepath scanning someone's surface thoughts.

The brown-haired little boy smiles at Jamie, but shyly stands behind her as he looks at Hinata.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside

Alas, Reinholdt's vampirism appears to directly interfere with telepathy. It's already proven problematic with McBish's shark fish thing and the failure to communicate there. Not in the least bit helpful for contacting Quinn or Melody either.

On the other hand, it does save me hours upon hours of writing pages upon pages of repressed feelings, grudges, phobias, and desires that few people want to read. Doubly so since Rein kinda skirts away from Hadrian a bit, the latter's growth rate reminding him far too much of Shepherd.

So this is a case where everyone wins!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden Path]

"This is my bratty little brother, Hadrian," Jamie says proudly, giggling as she tries to put a hand on Hadrain's shoulder, both to have him stand next to her and to reassure him that she'll protect him.

She might call him a brat, but she isn't going to let anything happen to him...

"Hadrian, meet Miss Hinata, she's going to be becoming a member here!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden Path]

"Please, just Hinata. If you want to be formal, call me Miss Akiyama or Akiyama-san, but if you want to call me by my given name, Hinata is fine."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Garden Path

Hadrian doesn't speak. He just stares at Hinata with his bright blue eyes. Jamie would know that he doesn't do much talking.

Although, since he didn't get anything from Reinholdt, Hinata's personal unconscious may get scanned. It's the same as I described above and there is little chance of Hadrian getting anything useful, much less anything he can understand from it.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

Garden Path

"Akiyama-san? That sounds cool." Jamie smiles, and goes to ruffle Hadrian's hair. "He's kind of shy but he's happy to meet you too!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Can I help with something?" Salix asks eagerly as her eyes roam over what Yuki has already recovered. She mostly wants to investigate the stuff to satisfy her curiosity, but she'll help while she does it.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden Path]

Hinata... um. On the one hand, she does have a few memories of fighting some... nasty stuff... that she's compartmentalised away from most of her memories. On the other hand, she hasn't really buried the memories.

So, yeah. Your choice whether Hadrian gets flashes of her having fought against nasty monsters from ancient mythology. :P

Hinata, unaware of the ruffling through her mind, smiles. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Hadrian..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #1133

[Garden Path]

If she's not currently thinking about it, it technically falls under the purview of the personal unconscious. Hadrian doesn't understand what the monsters he's suddenly seeing in his head are, but he realizes that Hinata was hurting them. So, a little scared now, he hides all the way behind Jamie; she might just think he's being shy.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden Path]

Jamie, not really knowing, smiles and d'awwws a bit at her adorable little brother. "...sometimes REALLY shy," she tells Hinata apologetically.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden Path]

Hinata blinks.

"...that's not just shyness. Hadrian, was it? Nothing to be scared of."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Near the Picnic Table

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Keo rips the head off of the mouse with her teeth. She then starts chewing the meat right off of the bones... it's quite straightforward. She then stops.

"you weren't always a catperson,m?"
    "No. Before I was a catperson, I was a human. But my husband changed me into a catperson like him." Vasilisa says. She takes the mouse back from Keo and tries to bite into it. Her teeth were altered to be slightly more carnivorous than standard human teeth, so she's able to get a chunk of meat off. She chews for a while, then swallows. "This is really weird. I don't think I like it as much as cooked meat."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Nothing happens for a bit, a ... blinking on the screen. Presumably this means it's thinking.

>"I'm not Kate though; we're different individuals. We're just using the same access point to speak to you."
    >Can you explain this? I do not understand.
    >"can you tell me who you are?"
    >I am a computer program, that is an artificial intelligence.

"Keep in mind that it only has the inside of a computer for a world, so that most things are almost completely alien to it." Kate says. Copi is peering at the screen, but doesn't say anything.
    [Rowan Cabin]

Eric rubs his chin for a moment,

>I might be able to show you what I mean. I need to see if we have the hardware necessary for it.

"Kate, do you have a webcam on this thing?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-01 at 08:08 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>Show?

"I do, but it wouldn't be of much use." Kate points at a small webcam above her screen. It probably is of very poor visual quality. "It doesn't have any pattern recognition, she'll see colors and shapes but not know what any of them mean. She won't even know what colors and shapes are."

"Imagine," Copi speaks, "If you were a normal individual that was suddenly given the ability to feel the ebb and flow of magic without having an understanding of what magic is. You would get the information, but without any training it would be a lot of gibberish and might be a sensory overload. In addition, the world is chock full of magic and everything is constantly shifting."

"Plus she doesn't know about physical existence."

"So it would be like feeling magic move in the fourth dimension. Not only do you have no idea what you are looking at, but you have no reference to try and understand it."

Near the Picnic Table

"What is a husband,m?"
    If you think about it, modern society has a lot of somewhat arbitrary titles. They all have their place, but to an outsider it's simply confusing.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

Near the Picnic Table

"He's the man that helps me make babies." Vasi says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

"White scaly skin isn't what I expected, but lot's tentacles sounds about right," Justin says as he nods. He finally stands up and brushes of the pants of his jumpsuit. "I have some people I want to talk to before I go see Julie and her kids. If I can find you, do you want to come with me to her cabin later? Knock out two birds with one stone?" he asks, trying to get around that he has no idea where her cabin is.
    "Sure!" Brinika says. Justin is technically still a stranger, but the Applehills like him so he's probably alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Entering GLoG Grounds

So as said Andy will look for Reelshka or Quinn. Searching first at Reelshka's room and then at the infirmary, where Quinn appears most of the time..
    Andy will find a plotclone of Reelshka in her cellar.