Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1500

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #1321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

The Sea Elf has started to awaken. His eyes widen when he sees Yuki, and he instantly tries to get up so he can prostrate himself at her feet. Given what he's recently lived through, I doubt he'll get that far.
    Yuki only notices that he tries to get up, and figures he probably shouldn't. So she gently places a hand on his shoulder to stop him from getting up.

"It's OK don't get up, I just brought you some things I think are yours."

She takes the gold coins and sets them on the bed next to him.

"There is some other stuff out by the lake to. I'm sure someone here will make sure it is taken care of till you are better."

She smiles at the little guy hoping the items will bring him a little happiness.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

Bee-deep!

That was unexpected. Justin lifts his pip-boy and fiddles with it for a bit. "Wow, that hasn't happened in a while. You've got the magic touch, Bramble." He makes an internal note to look through there before too long. "You do some exploring in your free-time?" Pun unintended. "And what exactly do you mean small people and different colors?"
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-10-10 at 06:47 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lake]

Nicholas looks at Salix and meows. He likes the strange-smelling two-legs. Maybe it's the fae affinity for animals. Or maybe he just likes people who pet him.
    "There are a few people around who look like humans, but have cat ears and tails," Sophie says. "I got Nicholas recently to keep me company in my cabin."
    [Lake]

"Yeah, like Keo and Vasi!" Salix makes the connection. "I wonder why they have the same ears..." She peers at Nicholas, as if he could supply her with an answer. "Do you know why, Sophie?"

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero stands up and offers his hand to Valaria to help her stand as well.

Come on. We'll need to get moving soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I don't care about what any sort of heaven does. I care about what I do and I think that using people's immortal souls as currency is reprehensible," Sophie says sternly. "Alright, Zero. You can take Valaria on your mission, but keep me updated."
    [Lakeside - Picnic Canceled]

"This...this isn't one of those guide Valaira into the woods and disorient her before ditching her missions, is it? Because if it is, I'm warning you that I will be very, very cross and they might try do you harm..."

Valaira will attempt to take Zero's hand in her own to help her pull herself to her feet. She will then attempt to not let go of his hand. It's her hand now! Zero can't have it back!

Seriously, though, she's scared. She's scared that Sophie hates her. But...but that's okay. So long as Sophie doesn't hit her like those other people did.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Bugbear in the Playground

Definitely not.

Zero says as he starts to walk into the woods. Once they get a fair distance into the forest, he stops and points his index finger directly in front of himself. After a moment there is a sharp cracking noise and a portal appears.

Recently I received a call informing me that there were a group of my kind found in one of our bombed out cities. They had none of the symptoms commonly associated with being in a place that was the site of families being destroyed. We need to investigate.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lake]

"Yeah, like Keo and Vasi!" Salix makes the connection. "I wonder why they have the same ears..." She peers at Nicholas, as if he could supply her with an answer. "Do you know why, Sophie?"
    Nicholas looks at Salix and meows. If he has answers for her, he doesn't feel like sharing.
    "That's just the way their people are made. Like you have leaves for hair," Sophie explains with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lakeside - Picnic Canceled]

"This...this isn't one of those guide Valaira into the woods and disorient her before ditching her missions, is it? Because if it is, I'm warning you that I will be very, very cross and they might try do you harm..."

Valaira will attempt to take Zero's hand in her own to help her pull herself to her feet. She will then attempt to not let go of his hand. It's her hand now! Zero can't have it back!

Seriously, though, she's scared. She's scared that Sophie hates her. But...but that's okay. So long as Sophie doesn't hit her like those other people did.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Definitely not.

Zero says as he starts to walk into the woods. Once they get a fair distance into the forest, he stops and points his index finger directly in front of himself. After a moment there is a sharp cracking noise and a portal appears.

Recently I received a call informing me that there were a group of my kind found in one of our bombed out cities. They had none of the symptoms commonly associated with being in a place that was the site of families being destroyed. We need to investigate.
    Sophie shakes her head.
    "I thought you had a better opinion about me, Valaria," she says as they leave.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-10-11 at 09:52 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix giggles and scritches behind Nicholas' ears. "Yeah, that makes sense. I got leaves because of my tree, and they got cat ears because of..." She thinks for a moment. "Because of their mom?"

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

"Something like that. You're a dryad, so you have leaves for hair. I'm a human, so I don't. And Keo and Vasi are catpeople, so they look like humans with cat ears and tails," Sophie explains.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Pixie in the Playground

[Forest Portal (?) -to- ????]

If my memory serves, this was the first time Valaira and Sophie ever conversed beyond the words exchanged when she was monster-Valaira and Sophie stopped her from smiting cultists who in turn summoned a big, nasty villain who kidnapped, imprisoned, and tormented Valaira for quite some time.

Suffice to say that while Valaira doesn't hate Sophie and isn't all that hostile to her, she doesn't trust Sophie with her life or anything either.

*Sigh.* "Let's discuss that later, miss."

Investigation! Hooray!

Wait. How did...

"So, who called you? Are you a secret agent working for a non-Nexus government? And define 'my kind'? Aren't you a modified human, not an alien?"

Valaira isn't proceeding through that portal until she gets some solid answers out of Zero 'bout this mission.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-11 at 11:55 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix nods. "Why don't humans and catpeople have trees? Nobody else here at all has a tree like me."

11. - Top - End - #1331

My kind is usually called Planar Weapon Experiment. We like to go by The Family. I don't work for the government but friends will sometimes call me to ask for help with one thing or another. For example, a former student of mine called me this time.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-10-11 at 12:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

"Because we're not built this way. Dryads are born from trees, humans and other people are born from their mothers. It's just the way it works," Sophie says as she sits down. Nicholas settles himself in Salix's arms.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix thinks about this for a moment, but accepts it. For now. "Do you know any other dryads like me?" She asks. "I never met another dryad before."

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Pixie in the Playground

[Forest Portal]

"You're a teacher? Erm... You were a teacher? I never knew that!"

Valaira didn't! I think I remember Zero mentioning it once, but even then, he was speaking to shadows, not Valaira, so...

"What did you teach?"

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix thinks about this for a moment, but accepts it. For now. "Do you know any other dryads like me?" She asks. "I never met another dryad before."
    Sophie tilts her head.
    "I think I've seen one visit, once. She had a baby with her. But I don't know her."

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Ooh, do you think she'll be back? She had a baby? Vasi was talking to me about babies and how they're cute. and I showed her the bunnies by my tree and the bunnies had babies. Bunnies have a lot of babies. There's lot of babies around here, but not like how many bunnies have." Salix natters enthusiastically.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Sophie smiles.
    "I don't know if she'll be back, but yes, people don't have as many babies as bunnies. There's a rabbit warren by your tree?" she asks curiously.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix nods. "Yep. There's lots of them, they're my friends. Buster, Ginna, Acorn, Spot, and lots more than that. Buster and Ginna had babies, but I never named all them yet."

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I like having long walks, now I can walk where and when I want. I happened to find the cabins on one of them. If you like, I could tell you of other places I've encountered on my walks." So if Justin ever fancies a dungeon crawl/salvage mission, he just needs to talk to Bramble. It'll update his pipboy every time. "Yes, they were about this tall, and each was a different colour. Six of them, there were, red, yellow, purple, green, black and blue." They're counters from a board game. It and the dice, being plastic, survived however long they've been there whilst the cardboard box and board did not.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix nods. "Yep. There's lots of them, they're my friends. Buster, Ginna, Acorn, Spot, and lots more than that. Buster and Ginna had babies, but I never named all them yet."
    "It may take you a while, given how many babies rabbits have. I see you like all animals," Sophie comments, looking at the cat in Salix's arms.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. The serverderp thing messed up all my conversations here...

Is Jamie still with Anchor in the Main Cabin?
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-10-11 at 04:50 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #1342

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Forest Portal]

"You're a teacher? Erm... You were a teacher? I never knew that!"

Valaira didn't! I think I remember Zero mentioning it once, but even then, he was speaking to shadows, not Valaira, so...

"What did you teach?"
    I was mainly an instructor for subjects related to fighting. A lot of stuff I taught was on the use of energy.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Yeah, for sure. Animals like me too, but I try to keep the elil away from the bunnies." She explains, though she's forgotten that people don't know what that word means.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Sophie raises her eyebrow. That's a word she hasn't heard before.
    "'Elil'? What does that mean?"

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Oh yeah. It means, like, predators that eat bunnies. Vasi never knew what it meant either when I said it to her." She guesses it's because they never spent as much time around rabbits as her.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"I like having long walks, now I can walk where and when I want. I happened to find the cabins on one of them. If you like, I could tell you of other places I've encountered on my walks." So if Justin ever fancies a dungeon crawl/salvage mission, he just needs to talk to Bramble. It'll update his pipboy every time. "Yes, they were about this tall, and each was a different colour. Six of them, there were, red, yellow, purple, green, black and blue." They're counters from a board game. It and the dice, being plastic, survived however long they've been there whilst the cardboard box and board did not.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"That make sense, I guess" Justin comments, "On another note, Daisy has an interest in learning how to shoot a gun. Would you be too?"

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I would, yes. I've been lucky, so far; I've encountered nothing I can't outrun or out climb or hide from easily." Long walks can be dangerous.

28. - Top - End - #1348

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Y'won't get your hands on a real gun for a while, but I can show how to use one soon," Justin offers.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"OK then. Will we start out with paintball guns or something, then?" Bramble is curious. I have no idea how similar using a paintball gun is to using an actual firearm. Guns aren't too common in the UK.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Refugee Cabin

Paint guns require a CO2 cartridge and load in a different way. "Pellets and targets was the plan. But paint balls might work for another exercise."

My Characters