New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

The rest of the gods, at Usabhar's response, eye the newcomer to the stage with interest. None of them gainsay the dwarf, however, and Heironeous smiles as he slaps Usabhar playfully across the back, a silent gesture of welcome.

In response to Rahja and Usabhar's exchange, however, Nerull of all people steps forward to resolve the matter, speaking softly but audibly, "You are quickly approaching the core of our concern... healer... but the problem is larger. It is true that some creatures from the far realm have warped reality. It is true that warps in reality have caused these creatures to enter the multiverse. These creatures are surely worthy of concern and will need to be studied and fought if they return in the future."

"The problem we face is that these creatures may be the least of our concerns. At the moment, the multiverse is in flux. In theory, you may wake up tomorrow to find that your parents were never born; that your world exists on another plane; that life or... death... no longer exist. Worse, these changes would be at the basest level of existence. What we consider... healthy... today may be attainable only through wounds tomorrow. Even in the opening hours of this catastrophe, we have lost deities. Worlds are gone with even the souls snuffed out for eternity. The inner planes have themselves been lost in this catastrophe. These are the events that truly concern us... healer."
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #482
    Colossus in the Playground

So that explains why the Elemental Plane of Earth is out of contact. At the very least the Eclipsian economy is not dependent on mining operations, but the treasury's growth will surely take a hit.

However...Lord Wero is really interested in one thing: What are the deities going to do about this catastophe?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

If our parents were never born, how would we have been born? Celestica shakes her head, time travel has never been her thing, and usually ends up giving her a headache.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

"Normal rules and logic might soon not apply anymore," Rahja answers Celestica's thought. Given how fundamental and potentially terrifying the coming events might end up being, the circumstances only serve to drive Rahja forward as she turns towards the gods again.

"I see. So what do you all plan on doing? Or is a course of action still ours to find?" No time for freezing up with fear.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar listens to Nerull, mentally sighing as he hears about the loss of deities and souls. He had the feeling that this was the case; the gods would not have brought this Meeting Grounds together otherwise. And yet they apparently make little progress on the matter when the multiverse has already been affected. Shaking his head, Usabhar speaks to the gods once more. "Agreed, so what IS your plan then? You have told us the situation but not the reactions to them beyond this meeting." Usabhar eyes Bahamut warily for a quick moment, both unamused by the current situation at hand and interested in hearing more information on what can be done. If Keltahkonkmet has marched onward, why hasn't that been set as an example to others?

Watching the clockwork dragon carefully, Nasiri slowly moves to rest on top of Korshim's head as he begins thinking to himself. She speaks to him softly, "What do I think? I think you're a being who can choose his own actions, just like me, the High Lord, and the Prince can." She pauses, slowly shifting moods to a more positive outlook. "You stated yourself that you prefer calling the Prince by 'Creator' rather than by the name he wanted you to call him, 'Zurkar.' I think that's another indication, is it not?"

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Listening to the grumbles and whispers of uncertainty around them, Nerull manages to draw the crowd to silence by raising a single bony finger, a task that few others would be capable of, "As for what we intend to do. As deities, we are in a unique position to keep our portfolios more stable than even one of you casters. As such, most of our energies will be spent minimizing whatever changes do emerge. If anyone else wants to join in this effort, you are welcome to do so. If this event proves less-than-temporary, however, all that this would do is slow down the collapse of existence. This is where you would fit in. While we are preoccupied, we require others to serve as our hands and eyes; correcting what changes can be corrected and seeking out other possible ways that this disaster might be delayed or halted."
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

7. - Top - End - #487

Lord Wero glances at Bahamut again, trying to catch his eye. Once this business is concluded he wishes to speak with him.
    For now he steps forward relaying one of his many questions.
    Of what leads are you aware of?

Above the Indigo Citadel
    Well...I do make a habit of defying my programming. The Clockwork Dragon concedes. But...the full scope of what my ability to choose means...that's a lot of responsibility that...I don't think i'm ready for. I can still choose, but...no. I can make at least one choice now. I'll continue my charge, to defend and obey my creator with every means at my disposal. At least until I know who I am first. At that, and with a thundering boom of metal on stone, Korshim sits down on the ledge silently for a few seconds.
    So....now what?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-12-18 at 11:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar listened to the gods, not keen on their ideas. He is very tempted to call out on their passiveness; what good is a god if they won't fight back against a cosmic threat? There had to be more action taken now and simply trying to keep things from changing won't work. Gruffly, Usabhar speaks up after Wero asks what possible leads might there be. "I may have one depending on what the gods know about it." He looks back at the gods curiously, yet still unimpressed. "What do you all know of The Crossroads? The place mewling godlings fear to see with their own eyes?" Usabhar quotes Keltahkonkmet as he asks his question with piercing conviction.

Nasiri casually rests on Korshim's head as he quietly concedes about the responsibilities of choice. As he asks what happens now, Nasiri lets the question ring dead in the air for a bit. She watches the view of cities, plains, seas, mountains, and other landscapes that form the world of Emanacal from where she is. It was a truly wonderful view, not like that of Sargti's mountain which composed of mostly snow for now. Eventually she speaks up to Korshim quietly. "...Why not simply enjoy the view for a bit?"

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The other gods turn to Usabhar with some degree of surprise on their faces, "Leads, you say?" starts Heironeous, "If you are looking for causes, I'm afraid that we haven't had much luck so far. If you're looking for effects, however, we might be able to point you in a couple general directions. Picking apart natural disasters from this phenomenon may prove difficult except when things are as large or obvious as those cracks. Anyone interested in investigation may want to start with the outer planes. With things more based in ideals than the physical, variance from the norm may be easier to spot. Already, I we've heard that bytopia and canceri have lose their sanctity and taint. If you want something specific, however, there is indeed the crossroad. It's a relatively new demiplane: one that leads, so we believe, to a new plane of existence. Before everyone launches themselves into this plane, however, know that it has yet to firmly secure itself into the multiverse. Nobody has ever returned from it and we have no idea what rests within it."

Ehlonna steps forward, cutting Heironeous off, "I believe that we've heard enough of what's wrong for the moment. We should be focusing on the solution." Hundreds of small glass spheres, one for each person within the meeting ground, materialize from thin air, "Using these, we can contact you with new information or when coordination becomes vital. If you should learn something of great import, you can use them to contact us once per day as well. Finally, before we bid you luck, the multiverse does have one last line of defense, though perhaps not one that we have prepared. The Fae have readied defenses of their own, finding those who are destined for greatness and tethering them to the stability of all things. So long as they live, it is unlikely that the multiverse will be warped too drastically even if we should fail in our duty. In a few moments, any of you who have been been so enchanted will be aware of this fact. We leave it to you whether you keep this information to yourself or announce it."

Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You seem to be glowing a faint shade of blue.

Rahja
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you've been chosen, whatever signal you should've received is far too subtle for its own good.

Usabhar
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you've been chosen, whatever signal you should've received is far too subtle for its own good.

Wero
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-12-19 at 09:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica is not fully surprised, elves have always been tied to the Fae in the minds of most, even if they werent really the same.
    I believe, if this blueish glow means what I think it does, that I am one of the ones they chose as an anchor point
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja shows Ehlonna a grateful smile as she cuts to the chase and takes the small sphere. She isn't surprised that she isn't one of those chosen, her contact and connection to the celestial and primordial being far stronger than to the Fae. Celestica, however, is almost the obvious choice. "Then I shall ensure that at least one of them will not fall," Rahja announces, subtly grasping the elven maiden's hand. "Even though we oppose cataclysmic events like we do now, these chosen are beacons of hope, a message that we can and will protect these spheres we live in, together."

There has been enough doomsaying. It is time to do nothing less than change the course of the very multiverse and everyone present should work towards that goal with their heads held high, even if the task is daunting and fearsome.

12. - Top - End - #492

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar says little on the matter of The Crossroads. He would be expecting going across it is a one-way trip, however it feels like a trip that must be made at some point. The idea of the fae holding a final defense seems like a sickening idea to him. He had heard much of the fae and their chaotic nature; such of their ideas are those the dwarf is not fond of. Usabhar would go out in a one-man charge against his enemies than to side with the fey on this matter. For that he had no surprise in not being chosen and raises an eyebrow when he sees Celestica chosen. He knew the elf as an acquaintance and would not doubt her, but he cannot say for the fey. Looking back to the gods, Usabhar brings up another question to them. "And what do we have to believe that we can trust the fey? As promising the idea of anchoring one to reality sounds, I do not like how it is those tricksters that set it up."

He pauses for a moment, debating whether it would be too brash to show his weapon. He then decides not doing so would be for the best. "Does an invincible will and mighty strength not meet the match of our foes? I find that we must take valor and action to these foes soon rather than let our lack of knowledge cause us to fear them and create needless plans. We must let them realize that we are not passive to them, instead defiant to their objectives with our blades and magic!" Usabhar gives his speech, knowing that Keltahkonkmet would have agreed and said the same thing to them.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Invincible will and mighty strength are all well and good, but to charge off heedlessly into battle without a plan is never a good idea. While it would be worthwhile to show them that we do not fear them, we need not commit ourselves totally to that course. Give them a bloody nose as it were, instead of a knock out blow when we dont even know what their weakness is.
    And do not fear for the fey tricking you. While they may have chosen me, they do not rule me. They may try to use what they have given me, but I will be wary. And Im sure I will have some level heads to guide me in that instance
    The last is said, looking directly at Rahja. She also slides the glass sphere into one of her satchels.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Turning back at Usabhar, Nerull rubs his thumbs over his skull as if suffering from a headache, "If we knew for sure that our enemies rested beyond the crossroads, I assure you that we wouldn't be hesitating. Either we could charge over and win the day once and for all or they'd win and we'd never have stood a chance. What your superior doesn't seem to realize is that there might not be anyone there at all. Would you suggest that we send armies on a suicide mission against foes that might not exist? What if we need those armies later? What if our true foes, if there are any, come from somewhere else? Have you stopped to consider this?"

15. - Top - End - #495

So we have nothing. Typical. He figures that enough's enough.
    Many world have been affected and many have not. If we are to arrange the multiverse on a map, then mark off the worlds affected, would a pattern be discernable? If it is an earthquake then we could see an origin point.

Korshim remains silent for a few seconds.
    I suppose. He looks off over the ledge. Although they're nowhere near the top, their current elevation does afford them a magnificent view of the continent. The tiered spires of the Indigo Citadel, the lattice network of roads, the arrangement of boxes of numerous towns..
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-12-20 at 07:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja meets Celestica's look, caressing the latter's hand with her thumb. Turning back to Usabhar, the healer is actually a little surprised. "Paragon, please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't knowing how to strike where it counts the most a hallmark of a strong and wise warrior? Charging into the unknown is indeed valorous, but it could also be foolish, leading to your disappearance and a great loss to your people in these troubled times, with no one to take your place. Please, reconsider your plan until we know where your substantial might would have the greatest effect." She tries to diffuse the situation, bring everyone to look into the same direction. Division is not what is needed now or in the future.

"I suggest we start in Bytopia, as I know someone who has been keeping up with what is happening there, so we could get to the source of the problem sooner and perhaps learn more about what is happening to the multiverse and why," Rahja adds, awaiting the thoughts of the others.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

I've never been to Bytopia, that sounds like a great place to start.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #498

I see no problem, however I have business to attend to with the Platinum Dragon, and I shall be delayed shortly. You have my permission to proceed without me for the time being.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica rolls her eyes at being given permission by Wero to do anything, but refrains from comment.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja raises an eyebrow at Wero as he looks away and shakes her head slightly, in plain view of the gods and those around her.

21. - Top - End - #501

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar shows little change in emotion as others criticize his ideas. He cared not for most of their opinions, he is pretty stubborn that is own plan is the right one. However he did find wisdom in Rahja's words. Even if Usabhar would be fine in whatever world he'd be in, if he can't get back then Sargti may suffer from it. Using his strength when best-needed is his plan; when that strength should be best-needed is the question no one had the same answer to however.

With a loud grunt he says nothing else on his own subject, instead discussing about the subject at hand. "I have been not to the Outer Planes, but if we have two possible connections than it may be better to separate and examine both at the same time to cover more ground. I would prefer to go to Canceri if you both plan to go to Bytopia." He turns his eyes over to Wero for a quick moment. "If there is also anything of interest concerning him, it may be convenient for us all to learn about it sooner." Whether there may be anything about the Boiler Man there or not, Canceri may be a good a start as any.

22. - Top - End - #502

The High Lord waves a dismissive hand. It's a personal matter that is of little concern or consequence to you.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

I dont want to disagree with everything you say, but splitting our forces would not be a good idea. If our foes are readying to attack us, and the message from the Boiler Man proves they are, then to split up would give them an easy opportunity to take us out piece meal.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #504

Lord Wero visibly panicks, and glowers onto Celestica an incoherent series of subtle gestures pleading for her silence. I'm in the company of a God, while the three of you, I am certain can handle yourselves for a few minutes. Yes, you three should probably stick together in case this..."boiler man" attacks.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Im not talking about splitting with you, thats not long enough for enemies to act. Im talking about sending some of us to Bytopia and some of us to Canceri.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #506

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar crosses his arms in annoyance, yet knowing how this would go. He speaks to Celestica, "I can handle myself if in case of an ambush... But I see that you are adamant on that we stay together in one area." He then looks to Rahja. "I presume you are in agreement with her as well? I will agree then if you can explain how exactly going to separate planes would be dangerous. I've slain armies by myself and you have seen me in combat too. If it is me you are worried about, you shouldn't have anything to fear. And I have confidence in the skills you and Celestica have, without needing to mention the High Lord of course."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-12-22 at 05:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507

Between the four of us I do not think the number of legions fallen can be quantified. But against forces that consider the concept of a "legion" to be irrelevant, it may be problematic. Even if the jailers of Carceri welcome you with open arms I doubt you can rely on yourself to fulfill all your needs. The High Lord looks to Usabhar

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I have seen no indication that you can move from plane to plane without assistance.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

You have slain armies on your own? All by yourself, without a single assistant? Even if that were true, I doubt very much that it was an army capable of overturning the entire cosmos.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

A nod confirms Rahja's agreement with Celestica's statement. "We are facing neither armies nor simple death. We are facing unknown dangers that could very well wipe out our very existence and even are a mortal threat to deities. Also, you are assuming there even are physical enemies, ones not more dangerous than what we have faced thus far, that they are in plain sight and that they are willing to fight you openly. But what if you encounter another situation like when we entered those fake miniature worlds? What if you won't be readily able to tell friend from foe?"

"With all due respect, splitting up will only slow us down. By combining our various skill sets, including those not of a martial nature, we can get to the core of the problem much more quickly, at a much lower risk than if we were to go off on our own."

As the lengthy exchange happened within the crowd and with the gods present, Rahja turns towards the latter with an apologetic smile. "Unless there is more to discuss, I believe we should head to Bytopia soon."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-12-22 at 07:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510

The High Lord looks to Rahja. As I have said I have business with the Platinum Dragon. You may continue without me for the time being, I shall be along shortly.