New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Prince Zurkar arrives into the governor's room. Although he is greeted, he feels a sense of urgency that overpowers his normal sense of etiquette. However as he is about to speak he is interrupted by some unknown Couatl flying in, and apparently relaying the High Lord's orders. He looks towards the newcomer with a small hint of apprehension. Despite all this he doesn't doubt what this creature is saying. As he looks out the window that the governor was originally looking out, and seeing the cracks form where this world will crumble, all doubts, although he has no real reason to have them, are erased.
    Yes. He replies.

Governor, I will open the way to the Portal Chamber. You are to direct the Shadows and whatever police force you use to guide our subjects into the portal. I will make additional portals for convenience. I sense my father would want you to prioritize evacuating the Treasury, so I would start there.
    He looks towards the metal dragon, who seems to know how to reply immediately.
    Yes, creator. I will follow the directive of the governor, as per your instructions. The Prince seems a little perplexed by this response, but seems to shrug it off as if this is common. The clockwork dragon places a fist on his chest in front of the governor as per the Eclipsian salute of service.
    What would you will of me, Governor?

Right. As for you... he turns to the Couatl.
    Do as you will, but I would await further instructions. If you wish to speak to me, speak to my golem, whom will remain with the Governor. I will hear you. He gestures to the crystalline giant.

Afterwards, the Prince flies out, moving with speed incredible by the standards of most dragons. He flies to the Portal Chamber, opening the ways and barking orders to guards or anybody nearby to have them wide-open to the public. When he gets to the portal, he will use his mastery of his portal device to create additional portals into the Portal Chamber from this particular room. He will then enter the Portal Chamber himself, and seek out someone of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse's guardians of the Astral Plane, the Eternals, to relay his father's will to.

MEANWHILE, OUTSIDE...

Everything was going nice and orderly, as per the High Lord's will. And how could it not? As High Lord His will would become manifest. And seeing his subjects beginning to proceed in a nice, orderly evacuation gave him a sense of pride at the kind of power and influence he can invoke at-will.
    However, he would be lying if he said that the music that duo was playing didn't hurt. And it sounded good.
    For a lute, anyways.

Instrumental preferences aside, the Dragon Lord felt nothing except bitter hatred as the prospect of losing this world to forces that lay Beyond. Apparently so terrible is what semblance of society exists Beyond that they must suckle on the fruits of prosperity that exist Within in order to survive. There was always something unbelievably desperate about those creatures, and Lord Wero simply refused to believe that they existed beyond reason. They were desperate, and unless something fundamental changes Beyond, desperation will be the status-quo for them for time immemorial.
    As the Dwarf Lord proclaims his willingness to fight, the High Lord can only think of one logical reply.
    No, you will not.
    His hands become ablaze with dark violet magical energy, and purple lightning arcs around the dragon's snout as light seems to pour out of it. The High Lord is also suspended a foot above the ground under his sheer magical power.

I will not allow you to fight these abominations without me! As the High Lord of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse, I refuse to allow my world, the fruits of my work which I have laboredyears to cultivate and grow, without first making sure they bleed for every square-inch of my world!

He makes a quick glance to the musical duo, giving them a quick nod and a glance to the cracks from which creatures might pour out any moment. Because Celestica has come to know the High Lord rather well, she would know that look to mean that he approves of what they are presently doing, but if they wish to join him (in battle in this case) they are invited to do so at any time.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica, for now, will concentrate on continuing her songs to calm the populace, but she readies herself to spring into battle at the High Lords side at a moments notice. After all, if battle breaks out, the people are going to need her more in terms of being between them and whatever comes out of the cracks.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja might be the better singer (although it doesn't matter to her, being more thankful to have Celestica with her), but she most likely can't even start to compare to any of her group in terms of martial skill. Hence, she readies herself to bring Celestica where she wants to be via teleport once the creatures behind the cracks make their move as well as empowering her allies. True power lies in unity, which is especially true for Rahja.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Outside, the presence of the large dwarf among the people seems to calm the people down. The police (including secret police) is helping to maintain order and morale as well. Lord Wero's commitment to making the invaders pay, however, is what sets the crowd off into cheers of adulation and cries for encouragement.

The last stragglers have finally reached the mansion, leaving a crowd of civilians almost a mile in radius. Though the police is working to keep lanes of travel open, movement along the ground will likely prove difficult for a while.

The governor emerges from the mansion, briefly, to wave aside the captain of the secret police and give instructions before returning into the mansion. A couple of minutes later, several more members of the police are rushing inside.

Inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Governor nods with the Prince's assessment and orders. Turning to the metallic dragon nearby, he says, "Most of the portable wealth has been condensed and magically consolidated. Grabbing it is within my abilities and shouldn't take more than a moment or two. The real vault for less portable items is below the living room, usually reached via etherealness. If you could tear open a hole in the floor, I'll gather my most trusted men and we can prepare the larger treasures for transport." After giving out these instructions, the governor heads outside to grab these men.

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as Prince Zurkar arrives in the chamber room, he is greeted with a flurry of activity. Eternals run around in full armor, directing other soldiers from the portals they arrive at to ones they are needed at. All of them seem to be at edge and new unintelligible cries are being shouted almost constantly from the main door leading to the rest of the stronghold. A contingent of eternals quickly approaches Prince Zurkar, bowing down before him and saying, "Thank you for the speed of your arrival, My Lord. I wasn't aware that Zingith had finished his sending. Do you bear instructions from your father on this matter?"

Back Outside: A loud groan can be heard from above from the sky itself, much as an ancient structure straining to remain intact. The groan slowly grows louder and louder before the sky suddenly snaps. About half of the cracks in the sky shift by half a mile while the others remain in place. Every single crack is widened in the process, allowing dark figures to come raining out. From a distance, it seems as though humanoid faces of variable size are dropping down from the heavens into the city, the largest of which are destroying structures on their way down.

Roll Initiative.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-08-28 at 04:09 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA initiative

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+23)[41]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #36

OUTSIDE...

In a terrifyingly swift motion, the High Lord launches himself by his mighty wings, leaving a great vaccuum of air in the wake of His engagement against the monsters, a violet contrail following his claws, and a growing legion of white spheres glowing purple following.

THE ASTRAL PLANE

Spoiler
    Show

Erhm... The Gatekeeper is a bit caught off-guard by this matter. He was yet to have received any sending. And the Eternals are almost never this busy. A part of Prince Zurkar's mind was seriously wondering whether or not what was happening on the world of Annen'Ba is an isolated incident, and the Eternals have a better idea as to what is going on.
    Actually, i'm here because a rather...large crisis on the world of Annen'Ba has prompted the High Lord to declare the mass-evacuation of the Eclipsian population, and to prepare you all for such an event.
    Still feeling a little awkward, the Prince continues.
    Well I haven't recieved any Sending. You can tell Zingith to stop casting. but i'm here now, what's going on?
    All evacuations might have to immediately travel to a different world. He thinks to use his golem to order the treasury be moved immediately to Emanacal.

THE MANSION

As per the Prince's words, the Diamond Golem follows the Governor's movements, however it doesn't make a word.
    Upon receiving instructions, Korshim acknowledges the commands.
    As you wish.
    In a motion that appears just too fast, the Clockwork Dragon takes off towards the indicated living room.
    Once there, it looks towards the ground, and pulls out from seemingly nowhere a black staff, that is little more than a wand to the mechanical being. From it an arc of green lightning shoots out, and zaps the ground to clear up space.

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero rolls initiative. I'm tempted to use Nerveskitter but I decide against that because immediate/swift actions are valuable.
    (1d20+13)[30]

Korshim shoots the ground with Orbital Bombardment Disintegrate from the Staff of the Annihilator to destroy a 10 ft cube of nonliving matter.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja - HP 590/590, THP 205
    AC 104 (T 87, FF 93), Fort +61, Ref +66, Will +70
    CMD 115, SR 36
    Preventative measures True resurrection x2

Rahja initiative (and Celestica; see below)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d20+28)[2][5][9](44) (includes bonuses from Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism) and the +4 Dex from Inner Beauty)

Since Celestica has those bonuses as well, here is her actual roll:
    (3d20+35)[15][6][4](60)

Current party status and temporary effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Character|HP|THP|OC bonus*|Temporary effects
    Celestica|660/660|205|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty
    Rahja|590/590|205|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Master Performer
    Usabhar|870/870|205|+10|-
    Wero, High Lord|780/780|205|+10|-
    [/table]
    *OC = Overcharge; +1 bonus to attack rolls, saves, skill checks per 10 THP granted by Rahja, up to +10

Effect descriptions:
    Weave Emotions (anticipation) - +10 untyped to AC and initiative, can't lose Dex bonus to AC while mobile, conscious
    Weave Feelings (optimism) - Roll 3d20 instead of 1d20, add sums together, even one 20 makes roll count as natural 20
    Inner Beauty - +4 sacred bonus to Dex and Cha, enhanced beauty and grace. Total duration 250 minutes.
    Master Performer - While performing, gain Cha modifier to AC and saves
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-08-29 at 07:11 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As the cracks tear open and strange abominations fall from the sky, Usabhar stands his ground and prepares to greet the horde of foes with his axe.

Meanwhile, inside, Nasiri watches and follows the Clockwork Dragon take off towards the living room. She arrives just in time to see Korshim blast a hole in the floor. Instead of looking at the hole, she takes notice of the Clockwork Dragon's structure. "Fascinating," she says with what almost seems like glee. "So the Prince created you? What manner of magic and technology made it so?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+12)[31]

9. - Top - End - #39

INSIDE THE MANSION

Korshim, after creating the hole in the ground, looks towards his Couatl inquirer.
    I cannot say. He pauses for a moment. The mechanisms that animate my form and give me the closest semblance to life any artificial being can have are beyond my understanding, even though I am nearly as skilled a technomancer as the dear Prince. If you wish to know more, ask him, though much of what he would tell you, you may find confusing as you do not appear to be a technomancer.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korshim blows open a hole in the floor, revealing a vault in which larger and bulkier items have been placed. The vault appears quite sparse compared to others in the empire but the coins and smaller items seem to be missing and, after all, this is only a minor backwater world. Korshim and Nasiri watch the governor rush outside to talk to the police, followed by several humanoids who begin securing climbing ropes around the new hole.

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the eternals immediately detaches from the group with a bow, presumably to find the mage and stop his casting. Meanwhile, the other one to have spoken continues, "We face a network of growing fissures across the material plane and astral plane alike, spanning most of the empire. We're preparing for evacuations, readying the 23 worlds yet to experience cracks for refugees. Reports of these fissures on other planes are also starting to come in, though deities seem to be fending off the worst of them on the outer planes. The rest of our information is in the report, My Lord. I hope you can forgive my briefness but time is of the essence."

With that, the eternal hands over a long sheet of written parchment and bows before running off.

The Report
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the eternal stated, time is of the essence. It would seem that this report was written to catch you (or your father) up to speed. Not a single word on the sheet is wasted and many have been wasted.

• Phys. assault on fissures possible. Restricts size. Incursion prevention?
      Note: can also be healed. Difficult but leaves only scar.
    • Wish/Miracle limited success. Requires vast application.
    • Fissures on Astral P. not interrupting teleport yet.
    • Travel into fissure possible. Return trip unknown 5 men lost.
    • Fissure Madness. Citizens advised not look directly at fissures.
    • Cont. Shadows distributed to fight off incursion threat.
    • Outer fortress sealed off against incursion thread.
    • Two cont. Eternals scrying on outer planes, attempting to identify deific method of removal.
    • Collecting off-world wealth in fortress in prepare. for evac.
    • Two cont. Shadows seeking high-priority irreplacables, seeking extraction from former owners for preserve. By diplomacy if possible.
    • 10 cont. Eternals guarding perimeter/5 cont. aiding logistic.

Outside, the faces are currently on the move, Suspended on a variable number of articulated limbs that point the face upwards into the skies, the larger creatures lumber slowly towards the populace while the smaller ones die on impact with the ground (save for the few that emerge from cracks near the ground), bathing the city streets in blue blood. Even from a distance, you can see hundreds of faces at least the size of trees, dozens the size of buildings, and at least two that nearly brush the cracks just while walking, those whose falls shook the ground on its own. While the smaller faces gather together in groups of up to a dozen, the larger ones travel alone and seem to be shunned by the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

11. - Top - End - #41

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

Prince Zurkar looks over the spartan report, though the first bullet point really catches his attention.
    One moment: You can physically attack the fissures, and this will "damage" them, as in make them smaller? Does spellcasting work?
    Prince Zurkar can't help but hope that Emanacal is not experiencing fissures.

INSIDE

The Clockwork Dragon bends down to pick up with one hand a rather large and ornate piece of possibly enchanted furniture.
    The Crystalline Giant accompanying the Governor speaks to him, in an articulation, tone, and voice which inexplicably sounds exactly like the Prince.
    Apologies Governor but Korshim may be unable to assist, I may require him as new information is coming about. Proceed as you are.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes," says the eternal spinning around in mid-stride, "but not as you might suspect. Energy fails to harm them directly but force and more destructive magics hurt them. Teleportation and polymorphing fails on them, spells can't quite seem reach into the cracks, and dimensional locks fail to seal them. Do you require any other assistance, sir?"

With a nod to the side, the eternal sends the rest of his team off on their way, leaving himself at the prince's disposal.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+20)[40]

13. - Top - End - #43

INSIDE

Okay, new plan. The Golem says suddenly.
    Governor, proceed as you are. The Eternals will direct you further once you reach the Portal Chamber. Korshim, make haste to my father and inform him that direct force and offensive magics can directly harm the fissures. Apply assistance where needed, I trust your judgment.
    Understood, creator.
    It is then that the mechanical dragon takes wing to exit the mansion and towards the High Lord.

ASTRAL PLANE

Spoiler
    Show
    You mentioned incursions, as if something is coming out. Tell me about those.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-08-29 at 04:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

OUTSIDE

A great cascade of magical projectiles erupts from the High Lord's outstretched arms, shooting out and landing amidst the ranks of the monstrosities in glorious explosions of intense light. Afterwards, one may notice that he, as well as the dwarf, are surrounded by swirling chrome spheres. Another cascade is making its way down at the present moment, equally as large, however it doesn't appear to have hit yet.

Spoiler
    Show

Here we go

Full-Round Action:

10th Level Slot:
    Spellstormed Maximized (+2) Universal Energy Substitution (Untyped) (+1) Twin (+2) Repeating (+2) Fell Drain (+1) Fireball

Result: 11 fireballs with the following metamagic applied, effectively 22 this round, 22 in the following round. Practiced Metamagic (8) reduces metamagic mod to fireball to 0

Every fireball lands in a different area amongst the smallest of the creatures

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

All damage is maximized so automatic 90 Untyped damage Reflex save DC 28 half
    All targets receive 1 automatic negative level

Caster Level check if necessary
    (1d20+32)[41]

Free Action (Multispell)
    Cast Shield on self (+7 ac)

Free Action (Multispell)
    Cast Twin Effulgent Epuration on self, 32 spheres to Lord Wero, 32 spheres to Usabhar
    Practiced Metamagic reduces level adjustment to 0

Usages:
    One 10th level slot
    One 9th level slot
    One 1st level slot

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-08-29 at 11:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

AC 112 (T 95, FF 100), Fort +61, Ref +67, Will +77
    CMD 123, SR 36, performance rounds 628/638
    Spells used
    Healer 1x 5th, 1x 9th

With the creatures descending from the cracks, Rahja lets her summoned lute fall from her hands. Immediately, her song shifts from the common tongue to being sung entirely in the mythical tongue of Creation, the aasimar's voice powerful and steady, sounding like a chorus audible to ears, hearts and souls alike. Although the words aren't understood by those around her, the hope, courage and tenacity every single syllable carries with it are evident, her song giving strength to all who hear Rahja pour the entirety of her talent into this one performance.

After the first few syllables, another wave of healing energy sweeps from Rahja's body, gifting incredible insight and swiftness to those around her, but most importantly, to Celestica. A silvery, simple bow appears in Rahja's hand, swiftly beginning to hum in resonance to her voice, letting scintillating colors flow through the weapon and harmonizing with the beautiful song. Never allowing an imperfection to creep into her song, Rahja draws back the empty string. Suddenly, the hum intensifies and an arrow made of pure energy springs into existance, shining in the same colors as the bow. Her hand and voice guided by the lightness of her heart, Rahja loosens the arrow, letting it fly towards the nearest of the creatures.

Spoiler
    Show
    According to Realms, the nearest huge face is 900 feet away from Rahja/Celestica, nearest gargantuan 1100 feet, nearest colossal+ 1400 feet, smaller ones behind colossal+.

Actions:
    Free Let go of summoned lute

Move Initiate inspire courage with Words of Creation, giving Rahja and everyone who can hear her a +20 morale bonus against charm and fear effects, as well as a +20 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls.

Swift Quicken Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, targetting Celestica and Rahja (and what non-enemies are nearby). Via Spell-Woven Cure, Rahja includes the spells Owl's Insight and Haste (casted with lyric spell, substracting 4 rounds of performance). See current party status for details!
    --- Note to Realms:
    Improved Overcharge states that the THP given by the feat stack with Overcharge THP and themselves. Since Rahja has been casting Mass Cure Light Wounds nonstop for minutes now, does that mean that Celestica and Rahja have literally thousands of THP right now? I'm not sure if this is intended.

Free Summon Chorus (Rahja's shortbow) from Glove of Storing blessing

Standard Shoot nearest huge face
    Attack roll (3d20+54)[17][12][17](100) (includes 6 range penalties; attack ignores miss chance) edit: substract 3 from result, made mistake
    (1d10+29)[35] force damage (ignores DR and insubstantial) + 10 sonic damage (crystal echoblade)

Current party status and temporary effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica|660/660|205|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20
    Rahja|590/590|205|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Master Performer, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20
    Usabhar|870/870|205|+10|-
    Wero, High Lord|780/780|205|+10|-
    [/table]
    *OC = Overcharge; +1 bonus to attack rolls, saves, skill checks per 10 THP granted by Rahja, up to +10

Effect descriptions:
    Weave Emotions (anticipation) - +10 untyped to AC and initiative, can't lose Dex bonus to AC while mobile, conscious
    Weave Feelings (optimism) - Roll 3d20 instead of 1d20, add sums together, even one 20 makes roll count as natural 20
    Inner Beauty - +4 sacred bonus to Dex and Cha, enhanced beauty and grace. Total duration 250 minutes (casted at start of evacuation).
    Haste - Extra attack on full attacks, +1 untyped bonus on attacks, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 feet to all movement modes. Lasts 25 rounds.
    Owl's Insight - +14 insight bonus to Wisdom. Lasts 1 hour.
    Inspire Courage - +20 morale bonus on saves vs. charm/fear, +20 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-08-30 at 11:39 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri listens carefully as she watches people head down while Korshim heads outside with orders. She finds herself with a choice between hastening the evacuation of the city or moving outside to deal with the cracks. A minute later she decides to go outside and find Usabhar. He can use her ability to fly with destroying the cracks... As soon as he knows he can do that.

Outside, Usabhar stays still for a moment as he witnesses the oncoming faces and figures. Following that, he takes out his lance and places it down point-first by his side. He closes his eyes as he begins to channel a prayer. "Great Keltahkonkmet. By this time I stand facing what may be this world's end. I ask thee for your blessing on those civilians who make their way to salvation as I face damnation in front of me." The dwarf raises his lance up to the air; it's snow-cold gleam shining against the cracks. "May my message be sent swiftly as I defy those seeking my oblivion!"

With this prayer sent, Usabhar is now ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Initiating the Immortal Fortitude Stance from the Devoted Spirit discipline. Cannot be killed by HP damage without making a Fortitude check against DC of Negative HP first. (if saved, I have 1 HP)

Move Action: Initiating the Dancing Blade Form Stance from the Iron Heart discipline. 5 ft reach for my weapons on my turn. I am able to use two stances from my Dual Stance Mastery epic feat.

Standard Action: Using my Devoted Knight of the God-King epic feat to pray to Keltahkonkmet. Treated as casting Miracle as a SLA.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-30 at 02:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Things," the eternal corrects, "different race for almost every series of cracks, all of them abominations of nature. No regular racial or tactical weaknesses to note. Hell, I couldn't even list the strengths of all the things we've heard about. Preparing our troops to any degree has proven difficult,"

OOC: Just realized a way to make the combat rounds go faster. Today I'll just post the action step. If you have any reaction stuff, post that as well and follow it with your next round of actions in the same post. If you don't have any reaction stuff, just put up your next round of stuff. In this way, we'll always be a round behind in theory but the 2-day-per-round concept is simplified and those without immediate actions aren't forced to wait an extra day.

Action Step: Will get fancy write-up tomorrow once reaction step is done.
    • Celestica draws arrow
    • Rahja launches arrow, damaging huge face-tick. From the wound starts leaking medium face-ticks (currently 4 added).
    • Face-ticks approach 240 feet. Each face-tick spits out a face-tick two size categories smaller than itself.
    • Usabhar uses miracle to evacuate citizens.
    • Wero releases fiery death on the smaller face-ticks, killing around 250 of them with minimal collateral damage.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-08-30 at 03:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

AC 112 (T 95, FF 100), Fort +65, Ref +71, Will +81
    CMD 123, SR 36, performance rounds 621/638
    Spells used
    Healer 1x 3rd, 1x 5th, 1x 9th

Amidst the chaos, Rahja's presence intensifies even more, fortifying those around her ever more against all harm and failure.

Her song continues, building and diversifying as every word is deliberately chosen from the vast vocabulary of Creation. Drawing back the string of her bow, five more arrows fly towards the approaching horde, in tact to Rahja's music.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reaction phase:
    Immediate action Cast Celerity (with Lyric Spell), use standard action to cast Prayer. Immune to dazed, so not dazed from Celerity.

Action phase:
    Free Continue Inspire Courage

Swift Activate Bow of Songs property of Chorus (add Cha to attack and damage on next attack).

Full Full attack against nearest huge face-tick
    Attack rolls:
    (3d20+76)[16][3][6](101) (3d20+58)[6][13][2](79) (3d20+53)[19][10][13](95) (3d20+48)[13][15][14](90) (3d20+43)[7][11][9](70)
    Damage rolls (force damage, ignores DR and insubstantial):
    (1d10+51)[55] (1d10+33)[41] (1d10+33)[35] (1d10+33)[37] (1d10+33)[37]
    (each damage roll with an additional 10 sonic damage)

Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica|660/660|100|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20, Prayer (enhanced)
    Rahja|590/590|100|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Master Performer, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20, Prayer (enhanced)
    Usabhar|870/870|100|+10|-
    Wero, High Lord|780/780|100|+10|-
    [/table]

Effect descriptions:
    Inner Beauty - +4 sacred bonus to Dex and Cha, enhanced beauty and grace. Total duration 250 minutes (casted at start of evacuation).
    Haste - Extra attack on full attacks, +1 untyped bonus on attacks, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 feet to all movement modes. Lasts 24 rounds.
    Inspire Courage - +20 morale bonus on saves vs. charm/fear, +20 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls
    Prayer (enhanced) - +4 luck bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, skill checks and saves while within 40ft of Rahja (Prayer enhanced by Healer's Extension of Blessing class ability)

19. - Top - End - #49

ASTRAL PLANE

Spoiler
    Show

Right. he reacts immediately to being corrected. He does listen to what the Eternal has to say.
    If I were to guess I would say that my father is fighting them right now. I have my Praetorian on his way to render assistance and inform him of the cracks' vulnerabilities.

Until then I feel I have kept you long enough and I have responsibilities in the Portal Chamber. How may I render assistance?

OUTSIDE

((A New Challenger Appears!
    Also, not taking a Reaction, no real necessity))

Bursting from the mansion, the clockwork dragon flies just above and to the side of Lord Wero. He speaks rather urgently.
    Your Majesty! The cracks are vulnerable to physical and magical damage.
    The High Lord nods at this, and sets the goal of defeating these monstrosities before going after the cracks, if at all possible.

Korshim then takes flight over the huge sized faces, and unleashes a great cloud of scalding steam upon them.

The High Lord, meanwhile, finishes off the fireball cascade with a bang, the second wave of magical projectiles leaving their marks among the ranks of the abominable monstrosities. In a terrifyingly swift motion he then flies closer to the truly massive undamaged monster, and unleashes a truly terrifying lance of energy directly into it. Such a violent force explodes with so much brilliant power that it arcs out into nearby monstrosities.

Spoiler
    Show

Korshim has joined the battle
    He always goes on first initiative

Move Action:
    Hustle 960 ft to many feet above the frontlines of the creatures.

Standard Action:
    Korshim uses his breath weapon, a cone of Steam for 24d6 fire damage in a 150 ft cone
    Ref save DC 32

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage
    (24d6)[100]

Recharge
    (1d4)[2]

High Lord Wero has Repeating Fireball (with additional metamagic effects from previous round) ongoing. So another 22 fireballs explode among the enemies, dealing 90 untyped damage

Move Action:
    Lord Wero flies his flight speed 640 ft towards the undamaged Titanic Monster

Standard Action:
    Greater Arcane Fusion
    (Maximized (+2) Universal Energy Substitution (Untyped) (+1) Twin (+2) Chain (+2) Fell Drain (+1) Orb of Fire)
    (Intensified (+6) Universal Energy Substitution (Untyped) (+1) Twin (+2) Repeating (+2) Orb of Fire)

Free Action:
    Greater Arcane Fusion
    (Maximized (+2) Universal Energy Substitution (Untyped) (+1) Twin (+2) Chain (+2) Fell Drain (+1) Orb of Fire)
    (Intensified (+6) Universal Energy Substitution (Untyped) (+1) Twin (+2) Repeating (+2) Orb of Fire)

Free Action:
    Greater Arcane Fusion

All of it targeted on the Titanic creature
    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack Rolls for the orbs
    (1d20+54)[72]
    (1d20+54)[70]

(1d20+54)[67]
    (1d20+54)[71]

(1d20+54)[59]
    (1d20+54)[74]

(1d20+54)[65]
    (1d20+54)[57]

(1d20+54)[67]
    (1d20+54)[70]

(1d20+54)[72]
    (1d20+54)[68]

Damage is 90 Untyped for each Maximized orb, 180 Untyped for each Intensified orb
    There are 6 maximized orbs, and 6 intensified orbs, only the Maximized orbs will deal automatic 1 negative level.

All orbs are under the Chain effect, and will bounce out into 32 secondary targets that suffer half damage, i'm not sure if they suffer the Fell Drain effect or not =\
    Reflex save to avoid DC 29

Orb spells ignore spell resistance

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: As was pointed out by Ridai, my bow does have distance enhancement on it, so I deleted my old post, and am putting in one with attacks.

CELESTICA

We need to keep those things off the populace until they have time to get out of here. Hanali, hear my plea, grant your holy power to my arrows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Divine Might, CHA bonus to attacks

With her holy plea still echoing, Celestica proceeds to fire 5 arrows at the nearest opponent to her.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d20+80)[3][6][16](105) attack & (1d6+56)[57] damage & (2d6)[9] holy & (2d6)[10] anarchic
    (3d20+80)[3][3][19](105) attack & (1d6+56)[58] damage & (2d6)[10] holy & [roll]2d6[roll] anarchic
    (3d20+75)[14][12][14](115) attack & (1d6+56)[59] damage & (2d6)[8] holy & (2d6)[4] anarchic
    (3d20+70)[16][4][16](106) attack & (1d6+56)[58] damage & (2d6)[8] holy & (2d6)[11] anarchic
    (3d20+65)[7][10][6](88) attack & (1d6+56)[62] damage & (2d6)[9] holy & (2d6)[7] anarchic
    attack rolls have ranged penalties applied, holy damage applies if opponents are evil, anarchic damage applies if opponents are lawful
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

As the otherwordly horrors continue to approach, Celestica stays calm in the face of the impending slaughter of the innocents, which she is going to do her best to prevent. Once again, she calls on the power of Hanali to empower her bowshots, and sends another barrage of arrows against her foes.
    (if her first target fell from her first round of shots, she fires on a different one, if he is still up, she fires on him again)

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d20+84)[1][7][14](106) attack & (1d6+56)[59] damage & (2d6)[12] holy & (2d6)[9] anarchic
    (3d20+84)[11][11][7](113) attack & (1d6+56)[58] damage & (2d6)[5] holy & (2d6)[8] anarchic
    (3d20+79)[3][9][10](101) attack & (1d6+56)[60] damage & (2d6)[11] holy & (2d6)[4] anarchic
    (3d20+74)[12][5][12](103) attack & (1d6+56)[58] damage & (2d6)[6] holy & (2d6)[8] anarchic
    (3d20+69)[1][8][10](88) attack & (1d6+56)[62] damage & (2d6)[11] holy & (2d6)[10] anarchic
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #52

SwashbucklerGuy

Moving outside, Nasiri views the area and it's many faces and creatures of abominable origins. In her own mind, she thinks to herself, Unbelievable... Are these creatures from the Far Realms? As soon as Korshim announces the news, Nasiri gently speaks up to the rest. "I suggest striking any cracks that threaten the mansion." She closes to Usabhar's side. "Orders paragon?" The dwarf is silent for a moment before nodding and responding in a commanding tone. "Stay from the back and blockade the heading swarm towards me."

Usabhar's greataxe begins moving on it's own as it follows the dwarf's charge with his lance. Nasiri looks ahead for the smallest opening she can see ahead of her and begins casting. Moments later thick, green mist envelops an area around 250 ft away. Nasiri turns to Wero and asks, "High Lord, I request you chokepoint the area where the paragon will head to." She takes a quick look to Usabhar's location. "Usabhar shall be fine and gives his request so do not think of it as a betrayal." The dwarf meanwhile stops at the location of the green mist, seemingly unharmed and ready to do combat with the monstrosities coming ahead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Usabhar
    Swift Action: N/A
    Move Action: Head up as far as he can to a small opening that he can find.
    Standard Action: Still moving. Speed of 160 ft means I can reach it moving all-out.

Nasiri
    Swift Action: N/A
    Move Action: Move outside to Usabhar's previous location.
    Standard Action: Casts Cloudkill at a small opening area where Usabhar will head to. DR 0 means Usabhar is immune to Ability Damage.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-31 at 01:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Previous Round:

With but her short prayer, Celestica releases a volley of shots that quickly bury themselves into the hide of a huge walking face. Arrow after arrow, the creature seems to continue walking forward, shrugging off the attacks as if perfectly numb. At last, however, the final arrow pierces deeply into the creature, bringing it down as it slides forward under its own inertia. From beneath its flesh, however, movement can be seen. Suddenly, ten walking faces, each the size of an average human, burst forth from the flesh of the larger being and continue the march forwards.

Moments afterwards, Rahja releases and arrow of her own, a projectile of raw force and sound that sticks into another huge face, from the wound bursts out two additional human-sized faces, not that the larger face even seems to notice the loss. With incredibly speed, another spell is cast.

As the swarm of walking faces approach, each and every one seems to drop another one far smaller than itself, spawn that simply climb out of the face's open mouth and take the lead in the assault.

Bowing down and calling upon the power of the great silver dragon, Keltahkonkmet, A large shimmer immediately spreads across the center of town. Growing and growing in size, this shimmer takes on the vague shape of a massive silver dragon, wrapping its body around the civilians. Then, with a flash, the dragon and the innocents have vanished, leaving the town as an empty battlefield (save for the governor and his men in the mansion) on which the enemy could be engaged without fear.

Many of the smaller new faces would not last for long as Wero handily destroys them en masse, annihilating 250 of the man-sized ones with bursts of raw energy before they could even hope to reach the crowd.

Next Action Round:
    • Celestica slays another huge face (spawning new faces).
    • Rahja hits another huge face with all arrows, not killing it (create more faces).
    • Enemy moves forwards. Most produce spawn but frontline foes attempt to engage Celestica/Usabhar.
    • Korshim's breath weapon takes down 10 more man-sized faces
    • Lord Wero rains down pain on a titanic face (1,080 damage) while reapeating fireballs take down another 250 of the oncoming swarm (12 more gargantuan faces from titanic face)
    • Usabhar reaches melee range while cohort uses cloudkill (enemies seem unaffected by the poison, though cloud effect works normally)

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eternal looks around the portal room for a moment in thought before responding "I would, of course, never dare to give you an instruction but if you want to know what we need... if you possess planar travel, some of our portals are becoming congested during evacuation. Otherwise, I daresay your presence and the boost to morale it provides is more than we could have dared ask for.

The Horde: Currently 500 Tiny faces, 500 medium faces, 36 large faces, 300 huge faces, 38 Gargantuan Faces, 2 Titanic Faces. Roughly in that order with smaller ones forming frontal assault. More faces continue leaking from the crack in the wall.

*Realized some rolls were unnecessary.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-08-31 at 09:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

ASTRAL PLANE

Spoiler
    Show

The Prince silently thanks the Eternal for reminding him. He procures a curious looking device that appears as some sort of cannon, except extremely small, handheld in fact, and topped off with the hovering form of some sort of transparent purple rectangle that the Prince is purposefully poking for some reason. The device then hums, and launches a spike of energy at the wall next to the Annen'Ba gate. The spike breaks apart, letting loose arcs of energy that seem to tear into reality itself, leaving a shimmering threshold that leads directly into the basement of the Governor's Mansion. He fires it again with the exact same result.

Of course the Gates are coagulated. The Portal Chamber was never intended for mass planetary evacuations, it's difficult enough moving General Yoweth's legions through.

Yes, of course. He says. But you'll have to be more specific: Which worlds, even if it's your opinion, need additional gates? Hopefully he knows that the safe worlds might need additional gates too, as the Portal Chamber itself might fill to capacity (which is frighteningly large) and the gates become coagulated.

OUTSIDE

Lord Wero notices out of the corner of his vision that the form of an impossibly large silver dragon just teleported off with the massed throngs of his people. How DARE something else take what is rightfully his and just leave! There will be answers for this, he is certain.

Until now, these creatures want this world, and not enough blood has been shed. He lets out another blast of energy against the titanic monstrosity that dares to defile the world with His presence, while letting out another flurry of blasts against the creatures.

He then gives a knowing glance to Korshim, who acknowledges the fearsome look with prompt and urgency. He pulls out his black staff, and with it, creates a fearsome spherical rift in reality amidst the faces, and directs it to wreak havok amongst their ranks.

Spoiler
    Show

Prince Zurkar creates 2 additional gates with his Gate Key

Lord Wero hovers in place (High enough Fly skill, auto-success even on a 1)

Standard Action
    Intensified (+6) Twin (+2) Untyped (+1) Repeating (+2) Orb of Fire on Titanic Monster (7th level slot)

Free Action
    Maximized (+2) Twin (+2) Untyped (+1) Repeating (+2) Fireball on Thronged Horde (3rd level slot)

Free Action
    Intensified (+6) Twin (+2) Untyped (+1) Repeating (+2) Orb of Fire on Titanic Monster (7th level slot)

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+54)[61]
    (1d20+54)[65]

(1d20+54)[67]
    (1d20+54)[69]

180 untyped damage on hit per orb

Lord Wero uses Absolute Authority to instruct Korshim to pull out a staff (One move action)

Korshim uses the staff to cast Sphere of Ultimate Destruction, creating it in the middle of their ranks as a Standard Action and moving it 30 ft as a move action. He hovers in place, auto-success due to high Fly skill mod.

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage
    (40d6)[134]
    Fortitude Save DC 28 for
    (5d6)[16] damage

Caster Level check if necessary
    (1d20+24)[28]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja - HP 590/590, THP 100
    AC 112 (T 95, FF 100), Fort +65, Ref +71, Will +81
    CMD 123, SR 36, performance rounds 621/638, Belt of Battle charges 1/3
    Preventative measures True resurrection x2, Live the Legend 1/2
    Healer spells used 1x 3rd, 1x 5th, 1x 9th

Rahja has barely any time to notice the majestic display of the silver dragon deity saving the civilians. Still, it is a huge relief to her, elating her heart and bringing a smile to her face. The horde in front of her, however, will hardly be stopped by a few arrows, even with as much damage as they do. But then she hears about the cracks being vulnerable to physical harm.

"We need to close the cracks!" she says, briefly interrupting her song during a natural pause, though the performance continues with a brief physical flourish. "Nasiri, please, fly up as high as you can!" Hoping the beautiful couatl will heed her words, Rahja's fluid steps carry her behind Celestica, wrapping her free arm around the elven maiden's waist. "Please, trust me," the aasimar whispers. Once Nasiri has reached a sufficient height, Rahja teleports herself and Celestica onto Nasiri's back, holding on tight onto her newfound friend and the couatl. "It's okay, Nasiri, it's us! This is high enough!" she says immediately to not alarm her.

Just as Rahja feels the critical point where her performance would be interrupted entirely, she picks it up again, singing again, but this time, more beautifully and powerfully than before, coaxing every little bit of skill and emotion out of herself and weaving it into a crescendo unlike anything the others have ever heard. All of Rahja's allies feel empowered, like they can take on worlds and defeat innumerable armies in order to protect what they cherish. All of her enemies can't help but be stricken with ineptitude before these heroes, any attempt at retaliation doomed to fail. But all get the feeling that what comes now will be the stuff of legends, as sung by Rahja's celestial voice.

With everything in place, Rahja lets go off Celestica's waist, leans back and aims her bow upwards towards the cracks, the colors of her weapon and the arrows she sends skywards shining with the truest light. Her song guides every projectile and every attack by her allies to it's destined target, striking with perfection so that the end of the battle will be brought swiftly and peace will be restored once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rahja delays until Nasiri reaches 800 feet height.

Free Maintain inspire courage (with dance parts while talking)

Swift Activate Belt of Battle, gain standard action

Standard Teleport Celestica and Rahja onto Nasiri's back.

Free Activate Live the Legend (see description in Current Party Status spoiler tag)

Full Full attack aimed at the cracks. All five attacks are automatic natural 20s and critical hits due to Live the Legend (critical immunity is ignored). Power shot penalty of -20 (Energy Bow feature)
    Damage rolls
    (1d10+33)[42] + 10 sonic + 20 from power shot
    (1d10+33)[42] + 10 sonic + 20 from power shot
    (1d10+33)[36] + 10 sonic + 20 from power shot
    (1d10+33)[41] + 10 sonic + 20 from power shot
    (1d10+33)[41] + 10 sonic + 20 from power shot
    All damage rolls multiplied by 3 due to critical hits, for a total of:
    906 force damage (ignores DR) + 150 sonic damage

Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica|660/660|100|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20, Prayer (enhanced), Live the Legend
    Rahja|590/590|100|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Master Performer, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20, Prayer (enhanced), Live the Legend
    Usabhar|870/870|100|+10|Live the Legend, Inspire Courage +20, Effulgent Epuration (32 spheres)
    Wero, High Lord|780/780|100|+10|Live the Legend, Inspire Courage +20, Effulgent Epuration (32 spheres)
    [/table]

Effect descriptions:
    Haste - Extra attack on full attacks, +1 untyped bonus on attacks, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 feet to all movement modes. Lasts 23 rounds.
    Prayer (enhanced) - +4 luck bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, skill checks and saves while within 40ft of Rahja (Prayer enhanced by Healer's Extension of Blessing class ability). Lasts 28 rounds.
    Live the Legend - All allies who hear Rahja roll natural 20s on all their attack rolls for the duration of the effect. Critical threats are automatically confirmed and immunity to critical hits is ignored. Martial maneuvers used are not expended. While below half maximum HP, all bonuses to rolls are doubled. All enemies who can hear Rahja roll natural 1s on all attack rolls for the duration and while they are above half maximum HP, all bonuses to rolls are halved. Lasts until the end of Rahja's next turn.
    Effulgent Epuration - Spheres surround character. Each sphere absorbs one spell or spell-like ability, regardless of level, that directly targets the character (who can choose what gets absorbed). Area effects or effects lacking a target doesn't get absorbed. Lasts ~28 rounds.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-09-01 at 03:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

((I just noticed the Intensified orbs from previous round are Repeated so...))

Spoiler
    Show

Previous Round Intensified Orbs (with other metamagic) targeted on Titanic Monster

(1d20+56)[57]
    (1d20+56)[64]

(1d20+56)[64]
    (1d20+56)[58]

(1d20+56)[69]
    (1d20+56)[68]

edit: Subtract 2 from all rolls, error on my part

180 untyped damage on hit, negative level
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-01 at 12:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri takes a moment to turn around and see the titanic silver dragon evacuate the civilians of the town at Usabhar's prayer. she closes her eyes for a moment as she whispers to the heavens above. Thank you great Keltahkonkmet. She can then hear Rahja's plea as the couatl opens her eyes. Nasiri slowly nods her head as Rahja and Celestica ride on her back. "If you wish, then I shall. Please hold on tight." The couatl flies up as high as Rahja requests and gets a wonderful view of the area in the meantime.

Then everyone hears it, Rahja's crescendo. It's song and beauty sways the world and feel of battle itself as Nasiri feels enlightened like she is in the embrace of Keltahkonkmet himself. Looking out into the battle, she calls out to the dwarf. "Usabhar! We must take the initiative and ride this wave of power!"

Down below, Usabhar hears both Nasiri's call and Rahja's crescendo. He can feel the gift and radiance that the aasimar's playing emits and knows to take advantage of it. Spear drawn and greataxe at his side, the paragon charges straight for the incredible horde of faces and abominations. Usabhar has fought incredible odds much throughout his life, another army will not faze him. The ground around the dwarf froze and chilled in his presence, affecting all near him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nasiri
    Move/Standard Action: Moving all out to go up to 800 ft

Usabhar
    Swift Action: Using Raging Mongoose (Tiger Claw Boost) to gain an additional attack for my lance and greataxe this turn.
    Move/Standard Action: Charging with my lance, greataxe follows. With Legion of One's additional AoOs, my damage rolls are as follows below. (everything is a crit, meaning x3 damage)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lance Damage 1: (1d8+52)[57] (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[58] Piercing + (9d6)[34] Holy
    Lance Damage 2: (1d8+52)[60] (1d8+52)[56] (1d8+52)[60] + (9d6)[34] Holy

Greataxe Damage 1: (1d12+52)[61] (1d12+52)[57] (1d12+52)[54] + (2d6)[5] Holy
    Greataxe Damage 2: (1d12+52)[53] (1d12+52)[63] (1d12+52)[64] + (2d6)[8] Holy

AoO Damage 1: (1d8+52)[53] (1d8+52)[59] (1d8+52)[60] + (9d6)[27] Holy
    AoO Damage 2: (1d8+52)[57] (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[56] + (9d6)[33] Holy
    AoO Damage 3: (1d8+52)[58] (1d8+52)[60] (1d8+52)[55] + (9d6)[27] Holy
    AoO Damage 4: (1d8+52)[54] (1d8+52)[58] (1d8+52)[53] + (9d6)[28] Holy
    AoO Damage 5: (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[57] (1d8+52)[60] + (9d6)[42] Holy
    AoO Damage 6: (1d8+52)[59] (1d8+52)[60] (1d8+52)[53] + (9d6)[35] Holy
    AoO Damage 7: (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[56] (1d8+52)[58] + (9d6)[27] Holy
    AoO Damage 8: (1d8+52)[57] (1d8+52)[57] (1d8+52)[56] + (9d6)[30] Holy
    AoO Damage 9: (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[60] (1d8+52)[59] + (9d6)[29] Holy
    AoO Damage 10: (1d8+52)[54] (1d8+52)[53] (1d8+52)[60] + (9d6)[32] Holy
    AoO Damage 11: (1d8+52)[59] (1d8+52)[56] (1d8+52)[56] + (9d6)[41] Holy
    AoO Damage 12: (1d8+52)[53] (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[59] + (9d6)[35] Holy
    AoO Damage 13: (1d8+52)[57] (1d8+52)[58] (1d8+52)[57] + (9d6)[38] Holy
    AoO Damage 14: (1d8+52)[59] (1d8+52)[58] (1d8+52)[58] + (9d6)[27] Holy
    AoO Damage 15: (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[53] (1d8+52)[59] + (9d6)[28] Holy
    AoO Damage 16: (1d8+52)[55] (1d8+52)[56] (1d8+52)[60] + (9d6)[37] Holy

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Previous Round:

Loosing more arrows against the oncoming swarm, Celestica Fells yet another huge face, allowing 10 more, smaller ones to escape. Though the large faces are slowly falling, the swarm itself continues to grow in number even as it is attacked from afar.

Demonstrating this point, Rahja finally manages to slay the first walking face she'd attacked, continuing to inspire those around her even as another eight creatures bite their way out of the fallen body.

The creatures finally approach within melee range as they continue increasing their numbers, seemingly without thought or intention. Even the titanic ones quickly approach the fray. In the background, new ones continually fall from the fissures in the sky, though truly large ones thankfully haven't appeared since the first entry.

Usabhar, that paragon of dwarves, runs out to assault the nearest of the faces, charging through a poisonous cloud that Nasiri conjures before him. Though the faces show no aversion to the poison around them, Usabhar can see the eyes on their back narrow as they struggle to peer through the mist.

Nasiri's request of The High Lord seems to go ignored as Wero turns his destructive attentions towards the largest of foes. While another array of fireballs rains down on the smaller creatures, twelve orbs of raw energy fly out to impact one of the colossal walking faces, halve of which split out to cause additional harm among the smaller creatures

Springing forth out of the governor's mansion, the mechanical dragon, Korshim, makes his announcement and opens a gap in the front-lines of the monstrous assault with a furious exhalation of stream after revealing the vulnerability of the cracks above.

This round so far:
    • Celestica has yet to declare an action. She may do so in the next day but that action will occur at the end of initiative.
    • Rahja teleports Celestica onto Nasiri, rides her up to cracks, lives the legend, and launches forth arrows that single-handedly shatter half of the cracks, slowing down the intrusion.
    • A combination of repeating blows and a new wave of orbs allows Wero to destroy the first of the two titanic creatures.
    • As the horde swarms around Usabhar, he makes a vast number of attacks, slaying two huge ones and sixteen medium ones with raw martial might.
    • Korshim creates sphere of ultimate destruction and directs it towards the nearest creature. Save result (1d20+22)[30]: survives

Emperor Ing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm not quite sure if the portal sanctum was imagined as some vast place with simultaneous portals to all controlled realms or as a smaller room with fewer portals that could be redirected. This info will help me continue on the astral plane.

Also, just making sure that you know spheres of ultimate destruction automatically stop when they enter a square with a creature in it.

The Horde: Currently ??? Fine faces, 1,??? Tiny faces, 76 Small faces, 986 medium faces, 276 large faces, 298 huge faces, 40 Gargantuan Faces, 1 Titanic Faces. Roughly in that order with smaller ones forming frontal assault. More faces continue leaking from the crack in the wall.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-01 at 06:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica has already learned to trust Rahja and lets her carry her up to the back of the coutl. She nods her acceptance of the bard's plan to attack the cracks and readies her bow to fire. When the bard's song takes effect on her, she also calls on her own divine power to enhance her arrows, and lets loose with a volley of them. Streaking to the cracks, trailing golden sparks from her goddess power, they strike unerringly true, exploding in a flash of critical power.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6+168)[181] damage & (2d6)[6] holy & (2d6)[10] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[179] damage & (2d6)[10] holy & (2d6)[8] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[180] damage & (2d6)[10] holy & (2d6)[7] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[182] damage & (2d6)[5] holy & (2d6)[4] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[179] damage & (2d6)[11] holy & (2d6)[11] anarchic

Thats 910 damage straight up, with a potential of 42 holy and 40 anarchic, depending on alignment
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-09-01 at 07:36 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #60

RoC
    Spoiler
    Show

I've always imagined the Portal Chamber, the interior at least, as the size of a circular stadium with a conic ceiling made into successive, narrowing tiers. Think an outside-in Tower of Babel. The ground floor of which has 83 (now 85) portals irregularly positioned from each other under the assumption that they'll need the space for more portals as the Empire gains holdings on other worlds. Numerous, large diagrams dot the floor directing individuals in the portal chamber which portal goes to what world. And because it's an Eclipsian fortress, Eclipsian banners and draconic iconograhy are everywhere.

Lord Wero flies over to meet just to the front lines of the Face horde, but still primarily targeting the larger faces. He unleashes another volley of energy, this time directed to arc across the ranks of the monstrous horde.

Korshim then attempts to direct his sphere into another of the creatures, while simultaneously creating an effect on his hammer, causing his form and his hammer to expand to truly monstrous porportions, easily dwarfing even the High Lord. With a violent gesture from the aformentioned purple dragon, Korshim descends amidst the Tiny faces, bringing his humongous form down in crushing blow. In an even more terrifying display, Korshim rakes his metallic tail across their ranks.

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero casts

Standard Action: Korshim casts Righteous Might from his hammer-staff to make himself Colossal and his hammer Titanic sized among other benefits

Standard Action 2 (Lord Wero's Absolute Authority 1)
    Korshim uses a Crush attack against the Tiny faces
    Spoiler
    Show

Crush Damage
    (8d6+28)[52]

Everything that fails a reflex save DC 33 is Pinned and treated as Grappled, else take half damage and avoid pinning

Standard Action 3 (Moderate Overclock)
    Tail Sweep in 30 ft radius semicircle, reflex save DC 33 for half damage
    (4d6+28)[45]