New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Seconded forcefully. I am 100% sure that when she said a thousand years of night, she meant night.

The world would not die. The ponies would just not be able to get a suntan.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    And the vegetables might get a bit Gothy.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Sweeet.

I have resigned myself to the fact that it's going to be nightmarish (ahaha) getting ahold of any ponies over here - even more so because I really haven't got the space - or the hair-dealing-with-skills - for brushables, and getting the blind bag ones is even more difficult. (And the prices of ebay are starting to creep up as well. *sigh*)
    I find myself in a similar situation; the only Toys R Us anywhere near where I live is still a painfully long drive, and their pony section is very small, so for the most part I'm stuck buying ponies online.

I was able to grab a Favorites set off of ebay, but for the most part those prices are completely nuts.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Deadly:
    Chapter 3 was good. Minor nitpick:
    Spoiler
    Show
    “I see, not a single heart's beat? That is very strange indeed,”

This doesn't rhyme. May I suggest:
    “I see, not a single heart's beat? I wonder what could cause such a feat."
    Thanks. Kinda depends on how strict of a rhyme you want, I suppose. I think beat and deed can pass for a rhyme. Poetic license and all But I'll consider your suggestion.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Meeeehhhhhh.... @__________@

Sore throat, sinuses are filled to the brim with refuse, I'm echausted so much that it's an effort to even type this, I am SICK.

How's your Labor Day weekend going? Mine SUCKS.
    Seriously? Ugh. That sucks.

Well... Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by raymundo View Post
    Greetings,

I don't really understand what is actually going on in here , but may I ask if somebody knows some facts about the third season? Like, when it is going to start, if it has a full run of 26 episodes and why didn't I get a pink Fluttershy T-Shirt for my birthday? :(
    1- not soon enough. Rumor mill says possibly October, but no way to know.
    2- 13 episodes, to fulfill syndication rights. Which means we had better hope for a fourth season, aye?
    3- because I don't know your address, birthday or shirt size.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    yes yes yes yes yes yes

went by ToysRUs before going into work

walked back to the pony are(which they had moved again)

saw one Favorites set

YOINK!

(or MINE! in the tone of voice of a seagull from Nemo if you prefer)

and now Nightmare Moon, Trixie Lulamoon, and DJ-Pon3 are mine!!!!
    Jealous~

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    If you do it, make less effort to blend in than usual. Trixie it up to 11 and break the dial off. To balance it out, you see.
    Sounds legit. There's math involved.

I wonder how long I spent on my post before my browser crashed. Crud, and I lost the image dump I was doing too.
    Ouch. Know that feel, man.
    Are those... Doom enemies?

And the vegetables might get a bit Gothy.
    Maybe. I don't think bunnicula would mind.
    Besides, I sincerely doubt that they don't have greenhouses or hydroponics.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Maybe. I don't think bunnicula would mind.
    Besides, I sincerely doubt that they don't have greenhouses or hydroponics.
    Or you know, Earth ponies don't precisely need daylight to make food grow.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I have a few points for the current discussion.

1. We know that crops don't grow in the cold, and that the sun warms the planet (clearing the skies to let the sun warm up the snow). Unless the moon puts out considerable heat, they would eventually starve because their crops "can't grow in this cold." Evidence from Winter Wrap Up and Heart's Warming Eve.

2. Disharmony is inherently dangerous for Ponykind. It is mentioned in the first episode that keeping the moon in the sky was disharmonious, and disharmony draws Windigos and could have freed Discord. It would be tragic to be NMM and watch Discord snatch your victory from you.

3. NMM attempted to kill them several times, including dropping them down the side of a cliff. That makes her evil in my book, since she could as easily have grabbed Twilight Sparkle and took her to an island away from the elements.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey ponythread!

Does season 3 have a start date yet?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Hey ponythread!

Not to my knowledge.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Thanks. Kinda depends on how strict of a rhyme you want, I suppose. I think beat and deed can pass for a rhyme. Poetic license and all But I'll consider your suggestion.
    No problem, if it sounds okay to you that's fine, just figured I'd chime in.

Ouch. Know that feel, man.
    Are those... Doom enemies?
    YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

It's actually from a tumblr called doommonsters* which actually has some of the cutest lil' hellbeasts you ever saw. The Cyberdemon is apparantly a brony. Even in the darkest depths of hell, there is enough love for pony. (Pain Elemental is best pony)

*no link since it has a lot of swearing and some violence. I'm sure you can find it based on what I've posted.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Hey ponythread!

not yet...

but as they are re-showing the best royal wedding ever this Saturday, i hold out hope that they will announce a date sometime during that hour
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, a big thing here, pardon my vehemence.

NO IT WOULD NOT.

Ponies control the seasons.
    The sun and moon are conceptually wielded by royalty.Weather is made on a factory.

So why the hell is darkness that really just turns everything purply goin to end in the heat death of Equestria?! Thermodynamics isn't an immutable law of existence, it's a pep-talking earth pony with an interest in volcanoes.

If we assume that harmony is a latent magical force, that friendship can conquer eternal winter, and that physics itself can be beaten by DeLancie until I crawls back with Stockholm, then we assume ponies could survive a thousand years of darkness. Doing otherwise has no basis.
    I just as vehmently disagree.

The sun has more value than just providing illumination. Or are you suggesting that if Celestia went bonkers and went Daymare Sun, there would absolutely no reprecussions of eternal daylight?

No, sorry, not buying that one even remotely.

That sort of thing must have serious consequences, if it has no ill-effects, if it brings no hardships at all to the civilisations, it renders the whole thing utterly meaningless. If all eternal night means it that the Elements saved the world from moderate illumination inconvieniance, it devalues their efforts; because they didn't save the world, they merely prevented, I dunno, a slight increase in the number of accidents caused due to poor lighting. That's not exactly the stuff of legends.

And it makes Nightmare Moon a joke on the level of Mr Burns or Silver Age DC villains; a petulant child throwing a tantrum, not a genuinely dangerous and tragically corrupted monster. And that, in turn, makes Luna's redemption hold less value.

And I don't agree with any of that.

I will grant that it may not cause total extinction, but it WILL have consequences, starting with massive food shortages, especially in the short term. (And you can say goodbye to Sweet Apple Acres, unless someone can figure out how to emulate sunlight pretty damn fast, 'cos green plants need sunlight to grow (sorta notoriously); and if you disregard somethign as fundemental as that, heck, you may as well say ponies really are made of candy and don't actually need to eat except for pleasure or something while you're at it.)

"Magic does it" is not a blanket excuse to totally ignore every single basic fundemental precept of physics.

That is an absolute deal-breaker for me. And if that is truly the case, then it's no longer a dynamic, florishing world, it's just a cartoon. It may as well be looney tunes or something, because at that point the content might be amusing, but all the depth, all the substance, all the flavour of the world is gone, leaving it as two-dimensional as cardboard and as stale as month-old muffins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I have a few points for the current discussion.

1. We know that crops don't grow in the cold, and that the sun warms the planet (clearing the skies to let the sun warm up the snow). Unless the moon puts out considerable heat, they would eventually starve because their crops "can't grow in this cold." Evidence from Winter Wrap Up and Heart's Warming Eve.

2. Disharmony is inherently dangerous for Ponykind. It is mentioned in the first episode that keeping the moon in the sky was disharmonious, and disharmony draws Windigos and could have freed Discord. It would be tragic to be NMM and watch Discord snatch your victory from you.

3. NMM attempted to kill them several times, including dropping them down the side of a cliff. That makes her evil in my book, since she could as easily have grabbed Twilight Sparkle and took her to an island away from the elements.
    Exactly.

AotrsCom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally got the US base set up enough to actually put some troops in it. I dispatched Nighthaunt to take command - she's been a good, solid sergeant - and sent her a dozen new personnel with which to wean something useful from.

In the meantime, the new Peons arrived. A couple showed promise, so I recruited Horror and Bitter Chill to the ranks. The former is a bit flightly, but a solid shot - she already mde her first kill as we took down another UFO.

With increased people, I sent a few promotions round. Hopereaver I promoted to Colonel (which means she gets to do all the paper work - no flies on me!)I promoted Derpy and myself to Captain (because I musn't stay too far behind, and Derpy deserves it), and Klastat, Gloomwrack, Darkflay and Hellrime to Sergeants, again not before time...

We've wracked quite a store of Elerium, so I sent some over to the new base, with a few other bits. We haven't found a use for it yet, but the supply is plenty sufficient, I think...

I realised we had literally hundreds of alien alloys, so I sold most if it off; at the rate we accumulate it, what little we need for personal armour will soon be replenished. That netted us nearly five million alone...

Still critically short of storage space, however... Unlive and learn. Unfortunately, it might be nearly another month until we can demolish the radars to provide some extra room, or even place one in the little space that's left, as new facilities are still under construction...

Nighthaunt's recruits are a bit poor, but there were a few salvagable... I've sent her another seven, hopefully she might make a decent squad of eight or so out of the twenty "hopefuls..."
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-03 at 06:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've been hearing that season three is coming out in October.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

That sort of thing must have serious consequences,
    It would have. Just not scientific ones. I'd expect to see evil spirits, creatures of darkness, plantlife getting weird and weather becoming stormy and uncooperative. The hearts of ponies would grow grim, windigoes may be attracted (if not extinct) and equestria would slowly break apart under fear and mistrust.

NMM would reign from Canterlot unnapposed, aloof and cruel and surrounded by increasingly corrupt and sycophantic nobles.

It would, in many respects, start to resemble a high-colour version of the Berserk Setting (Post-Eclipse) and with every possible mythic and thematic link to Night you can imagine. Equestria would become a pulpy horror setting, with a Vampire in every tower and the roads unsafe to travel because of monsters.

Edit - The apples would still grow, but would become smaller, pale and mean. Perhaps even turning sour. Pumpkins now grow like weeds, and only constant effort keeps the vast Pumpkin Patches from consuming too much of the available arable land.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-09-03 at 07:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

I just as vehmently disagree.

The sun has more value than just providing illumination. Or are you suggesting that if Celestia went bonkers and wen Daymare Sun, there would absolutely no reprecussions of eternal daylight? No, sorry, not buying that one even remotely.

That sort of thing must have serious consequences, if it has no ill-effects, if it brings no hardships at all to the civilisations, it renders the whole thing utterly meaningless. If all eternal night means it that the Elements saved the world from moderate illumination inconvieniance, it devalues their efforts; because they didn't save the world, they merely prevent, I dunno, a slight increase in the number of accidents caused due to poor lighting. That's not exactly the stuff of legends. It makes Nightmare Moon a joke on the level of Mr Burns or Silver Age DC villains; a petulant child throwing a tantrum, not a genuinely dangerous and tragically corrupted monster. And that, in turn, makes Luna's redemption hold less value.

And I don't agree with any of that.

I will grant that it mayy not cause extinction, but it WILL have consequences, starting with massive food shortages, especially in the short term. (And you can say goodbye to Sweet Apple Acres, unless someone can figure out how to emulate sunlight pretty damn fast, 'cos green plants need sunlight to grow (sorta notoriously); and if you disregard that, heck, you may as well say ponies really are made of candy and don't actually need to eat except for pleasure or something while you're at it.)

"Magic does it" is not a blanket excuse to totally ignore every single basic fundemental precept of physics.

That is an absolute deal-breaker for me. And if that is truely the case, then it's no longer a dynamic, florishing world, it's just a cartoon. It may as well be looney tunes or something, because at that point the content might be amusing, but all the depth, all the substance, all the flavour of the world is gone, leaving it as two-dimensional as cardboard and as stale as month-old muffins.
    I feel I should point out that, from what I understand, according to Word of Faust NMM's plan would have in fact have killed off Equestria's plant life. Also there was something about a rein of evil over Equestria as well, and I'm fairly sure that would have been bad as well.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I feel I should point out that, from what I understand, according to Word of Faust NMM's plan would have in fact have killed off Equestria's plant life. Also there was something about a rein of evil over Equestria as well, and I'm fairly sure that would have been bad as well.
    I believe I have seen this quote and "reign of evil" is not the same thing as eternal winter.

We're talking about a place where magic actually factually raises the sun and moon. That is sufficiently different enough on its own to throw out any resemblances to Earth universe physics as isolated coincidences.

We can take nothing for certain or extrapolate on any sort of physics basis as the science (talking about the fundamental idea here) of Equestria is different.

Sufficiently different that we should take nothing for granted as a starting point, not merely the same unless shown.

EDIT: Yes we have "era of evil" not reign, but nothing about say the implications of no-sun=no-heat.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-09-03 at 07:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Bugbear in the Playground

*cough, cough, weeeezzz*

Does *sniffle* anypony around her have any ideas for a ponified X-COM name?

Uggghhhh... Being sick sucks. @_____@
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    So. I had a dream last night.

Spoiler
    Show
    It started out with me in my little college apartment. I heard a knock at the door. When I went to look through the peephole, I couldn't see anything, so I opened the door. And who was standing there but our very own Pinkie Pie?

She said she'd heard I was feeling down recently, and she'd come to cheer me up. Now, she's everyone's friend, so she knew that a big, hyperactive party wasn't the way to do it for me. So instead, she offered to go with me on a friend-date.

I reluctantly accepted, and the day began. We went to various places around town, trying out food, browsing stores, sitting and talking in a cafe for a while. She waved to practically everyone, and I waved to the people I knew. By the time the dream was over, I was feeling much better. We walked back up the stairs to my apartment, and she stopped in the doorway and said this:

"Well, it's time for me to go now, but tonight was suuuuuper fun! We should do it again sometime! But right now you've gotta wake up. Don't worry, I'll be back!"

I closed the door and went to bed, thinking about how odd her phrasing had been.

And then I woke up.

It was a very vivid dream, even now twelve hours after I woke up. I'm not sure what to make of it, although a small part of me hopes that it wasn't entirely my imagination and that some essence of Pinkie Pie really did come to cheer me up when I needed it badly.

Even if that's not the case, it was a very good dream, and I hope to remember it. And, of course, Pinkie Pie has /just/ nudged over Fluttershy in my internal rankings.

My name is Pinkie Pie
    And I am here to say
    I'm gonna make you smile
    And I will brighten up your day~
    Ok, yeah, several pages late, but that is an excellent dream. I feel envious.

I wound up starting a new game in X-COM,and I'm kinda glad I did. I was able to get up the upgrade tree much faster, and I've only lost maybe 5 soldiers through the whole game. Granted, that's with doing a lot of reloads, but still. Right now I'm facing down Ethereals, with a mix of powered and flying armor. (Though it's proving really hard to get enough Elerium for all my things)
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Firbolg in the Playground

Random pictures
    Spoiler
    Show

Headcanon, activate!

......Why has this not been suggested before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, the ponies would have suffered, realy. When you get down to it, thats bad enough (IE: ruining a entire kingdoms worth of colorful equines.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070

It would have. Just not scientific ones. I'd expect to see evil spirits, creatures of darkness, plantlife getting weird and weather becoming stormy and uncooperative. The hearts of ponies would grow grim, windigoes may be attracted (if not extinct) and equestria would slowly break apart under fear and mistrust.

NMM would reign from Canterlot unnapposed, aloof and cruel and surrounded by increasingly corrupt and sycophantic nobles.

It would, in many respects, start to resemble a high-colour version of the Berserk Setting (Post-Eclipse) and with every possible mythic and thematic link to Night you can imagine. Equestria would become a pulpy horror setting, with a Vampire in every tower and the roads unsafe to travel because of monsters.

Edit - The apples would still grow, but would become smaller, pale and mean. Perhaps even turning sour. Pumpkins now grow like weeds, and only constant effort keeps the vast Pumpkin Patches from consuming too much of the available arable land.
    And you assume this to be fact because...?

I'm willing to entertain it as a theory, especially if you can back it up with information from the show or the people behind the show. But saying "this is what will happen because it is what I would do if I were in charge" (or whatever other reason; you don't actually give one) is not valid reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    We're talking about a place where magic actually factually raises the sun and moon. That is sufficiently different enough on its own to throw out any resemblances to Earth universe physics as isolated coincidences.

We can take nothing for certain or extrapolate on any sort of physics basis as the science (talking about the fundamental idea here) of Equestria is different.

Sufficiently different that we should take nothing for granted as a starting point, not merely the same unless shown.
    ...You, I think, I will have to agree to disagree with, because I don't have the time or patience to try arguing with someone who says "[x], therefore no physics." I will, therefore, only say that I believe your conclusions to be flat wrong.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

We're actually going to go to "it's magic, so physics are completely irrelevant?"

I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    ...You, I think, I will have to agree to disagree with, because I don't have the time or patience to try arguing with someone who says "[x], therefore no physics." I will, therefore, only say that I believe your conclusions to be flat wrong.
    So I'm not completely alone; I was honestly beginning to wonder.

Thank you, Kd7sov, I seriously and genuinely needed to see that, and not just because of this particular debate on the thread, either.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-03 at 08:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

We're actually going to go to "it's magic, so physics are completely irrelevant?"

I give up.
    Honestly, I tend to agree with you on this. Just because some things in Equestria work differently than in our world is not necessarily proof that other things are different as well. Celestia raising and lowering the sun doesn't mean that plants don't rely on the sun for photosynthesis.

My Homebrew

Show

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    ......Why has this not been suggested before?
    I know, right? It seems kind of obvious.

So... I'm wondering, how many ponies here have read Silent Ponyville?
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Colossus in the Playground

I give up.
    I'm actually going to go "It's Superpowers so physics are completely irrelevant". Just assume that ponies have farming and weather superpowers. Zap Apples, for instance, patently don't need daylight.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    And you assume this to be fact because...?

I'm willing to entertain it as a theory, especially if you can back it up with information from the show or the people behind the show. But saying "this is what will happen because it is what I would do if I were in charge" (or whatever other reason; you don't actually give one) is not valid reasoning.
    I don't assume it to be fact at all. It's just how I feel it should work, and how I would like it to work.
    It's barely even a theory, being merely something like my personal fanon. (I do think it fits with the feel of the show better than the death of all plantlife and the starvation/freezing based death of all life in equestria, though.)

I certainly didn't intend to give the impression otherwise.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eternal night would also bring disharmony between ponies. It'd be Hearts Warming all over again, ponies would be split, windigos would come, freezing winter.

Even if the lack of sun didn't kill plants, eternal winter would. And no one to save them this time.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    and The one and only Belkar Bitterleaf! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...-WAR-325000257
    Out of the blue I show up with art. I love Ponifiying things.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/H...fied-324734385
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Elan-324688093
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/E...ddle-324748159

(Sorry That I just linked it, they are far too big to put here as an image, even in a spoiler box)
    And now V. But I'm not super happy with this one. Not androgynous enough.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...vius-324948639
    Durkon- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...rkon-324984292

http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/Group-Shot-325193295 They be all together!

28. - Top - End - #1078

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I believe I have seen this quote and "reign of evil" is not the same thing as eternal winter.

EDIT: Yes we have "era of evil" not reign, but nothing about say the implications of no-sun=no-heat.
    So because she doesn't say that the lack of sun would mean a lack of nourishment for the plants, that would then mean that nothing changes? Not sure I like where you're going with this as you're opening doors to interpret a lot of things based on what Faust didn't say in there.

NMM will kill everypony, because Faust didn't say she was a pacifist. NMM will create a harem for herself, because Faust didn't explain whether or not alicorns would want physical affection.

But enough about that. Faust did not mention what NMM would do specifically, nor did she mention the implications of any of this. So anything could have happened, and until someone says that the plants don't need sunlight to grow in Equestria, I'm going to assume the world works as intended until explained differently.

I mean, Gravity works as per usual, and no one's bothered to explain if it does work or not.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Dah-LEK, not -lick (the song is still right). And... how could you know about daleks and not know that...?! I...what? I mean, they refer to themselves when they talk like, all the time... They give me a run for my money in the arrogance stakes...
    Eh, I've been through so many French and Italian classes, the way short I and short E are pronounced in American English are identical.

But, uh, to answer the question, I was never able to sit down to watch Quantum Leap, so my only real exposure to Daleks were in an unlicensed video game that used pictures of them, so I only ever saw it written down rather than pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    I mean, Gravity works as per usual, and no one's bothered to explain if it does work or not.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....Just noticed

Heh, expected more chaos over saying that I was a brony given how it was before.
    Not much to say really besides Yay or aha we called it. But we do need a new element of denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Seconded forcefully. I am 100% sure that when she said a thousand years of night, she meant night.

I'm sure the consequences would be more severe then that.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Ok, yeah, several pages late, but that is an excellent dream. I feel envious.

I wound up starting a new game in X-COM,and I'm kinda glad I did. I was able to get up the upgrade tree much faster, and I've only lost maybe 5 soldiers through the whole game. Granted, that's with doing a lot of reloads, but still. Right now I'm facing down Ethereals, with a mix of powered and flying armor. (Though it's proving really hard to get enough Elerium for all my things)
    I don't get how you ponies can play through so quickly.

See I like this explanation. But again more severe. The ponies would have to work themselves to the bone and just the whole thing causes masses of despair.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.