New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    This.

I was introduced to the thing by a friend who told me something akin the lines of "it manages to subvert nearly every shonen cliché !". I'm now seriously questionning his judgement on those sorts of things. It was okay at the beginning, the Oracion Seis arc managed to put some tension in it, the Terou Island was a hughe letdown, and now... Did anyone laugh when princess whatsername told that Lucy from the future predicted a "totally shocking victor on the tournament ! No, seriously, no one could have seen that coming !". Sigh. No wonder every decent mage is in Fairy Tail, if you have any sense of pattern recognition, you'll do that too.
    I liked Tenrou Island except for the very end.

As for this chapter, I really would have liked Sting winning. That would have at least partially made up for the recent crap, but the actual result wasn't unexpected.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Sigh

I really have nothing else to say about this chapter.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm going to have to agree with the people saying this is the Worst Arc of Fairy Tail yet. Not that its bad... it just went on far too long for how it got resolved.

And now for the big question: What are the odds of Sting and/or Rogue joining FT?

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

And now for the big question: What are the odds of Sting and/or Rogue joining FT?
    I dont even want to think about them, FT has been gathering up all the true DS's they have met so far

Still, though it is the worst arc so far, then it still have a few good moments, like the Blue Pegaus vs Quatro Puppy tag team mach, that the anime finaly got to
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

This video represents my reaction to this chapter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB_UJ...ayer_embedded#!
    Last edited by Ninja Dragon; 2013-03-09 at 09:44 AM.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dragon View Post
    This video represents my reaction to this chapter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB_UJ...ayer_embedded#!
    Boohoo... Fairy Tail is the downfall of literature, I see. I'm sorry but if he isn't even following the series why does he feel the need to make a video like this? What does he care when FT has a chapter he dislikes? I really see no point in taking him serious, like at all.

Urgh, I was about to start my own bitching again, but I won't. I'm sure no one wants to listen to me defending FT again and I guess enough people point out what's bad nobody needs my take on that either (Do I get some recognition for that? )

But... yeah, what's up with Minerva's weird talking? I forgot asking about that earlier.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

7. - Top - End - #547
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    But... yeah, what's up with Minerva's weird talking? I forgot asking about that earlier.
    Beats me. I thought I had missed something, but apparently, if that's the case, I'm not the only one. It did nothing to help the character's image, anyway.

@drolyt : well, I did call it a hughe letdown because it started up strong, and then wavered quite a bit, alternating between good and not so good moments, and then finished on a totally random "lolzdragonnow!" which left me quite baffled. Not an horrible arc, mind you, but...

@jindra34 : please don't remind me it is the most probable outcome that they get at least one of the two.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

8. - Top - End - #548
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with the people saying this is the Worst Arc of Fairy Tail yet. Not that its bad... it just went on far too long for how it got resolved.

I'm putting that at a clear 90%. After all, they DO need to learn what true friendship is. But they also just might not join because...eh. Don't really have a reason why they wouldn't join, actually.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post

100%

because they're dragon slayers. and they are the freindlist of the ST crew, and Sting will certainly be leaving.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

I personally expect Sabertooth to continue to exist to be a rival faction so they won't be loosing anyone to Fairy Tail as a consequence. They evidently aren't the final boss of the arc so the guild isn't being destroyed unlike with Gajeel and Wendy.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    This.

I was introduced to the thing by a friend who told me something akin the lines of "it manages to subvert nearly every shonen cliché !". I'm now seriously questionning his judgement on those sorts of things. It was okay at the beginning, the Oracion Seis arc managed to put some tension in it, the Terou Island was a hughe letdown, and now... Did anyone laugh when princess whatsername told that Lucy from the future predicted a "totally shocking victor on the tournament ! No, seriously, no one could have seen that coming !". Sigh. No wonder every decent mage is in Fairy Tail, if you have any sense of pattern recognition, you'll do that too.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but I noticed something interesting and to save spoiling it for those of you who'd rather read it or wait for the anime to catch up I'll note my observation below;

Spoiler
    Show
    If Minerva hadn't kept Lector a prisoner and returned him to Sting before the last round Sabertooth would have won outright.

I believe the reason it was so unthinkable is because noone understood what actually happened, we on the other hand know better and I think that chapter would have been handled better had they explained to Sting where Lector had been all this time thats why I assumed Minerva would brag about it and overhearing Sting would be the one to take Minerva down and then refusing to continue the fight because of how disgusted he was at his guild
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-03-11 at 11:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but I noticed something interesting and to save spoiling it for those of you who'd rather read it or wait for the anime to catch up I'll note my observation below;

Spoiler
    Show
    If Minerva hadn't kept Lector a prisoner and returned him to Sting before the last round Sabertooth would have won outright.

I believe the reason it was so unthinkable is because noone understood what actually happened, we on the other hand know better and I think that chapter would have been handled better had they explained to Sting where Lector had been all this time thats why I assumed Minerva would brag about it and overhearing Sting would be the one to take Minerva down and then refusing to continue the fight because of how disgusted he was at his guild
    or he would have lost the fight anyways because Fairy Tail. Erza was ripped apart and she took down Minerva like it was nothing. Laxus wasn't nearly that hurt, same with Grey, Julvia, and Gajeel.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    or he would have lost the fight anyways because Fairy Tail. Erza was ripped apart and she took down Minerva like it was nothing. Laxus wasn't nearly that hurt, same with Grey, Julvia, and Gajeel.
    Pretty much, five on one fights aren't very shonen but seriously any one of those characters just has to get their second wind and it is very shonen for it to suddenly be an even fight again.

The alternative would be four of FT to neutralize the disadvantage for the last party to win.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Pretty much, five on one fights aren't very shonen but seriously any one of those characters just has to get their second wind and it is very shonen for it to suddenly be an even fight again.

The alternative would be four of FT to neutralize the disadvantage for the last party to win.
    I disagree the most likely result is that Sting and Rogue would have teamed up on Gajeel and defeated him since he isn't as strong as Natsu but the question would be who would fight them next?

Laxus after beating Jura they might have beaten him but it still boils back to Minerva keeping Lector hidden as a very stupid thing to do, that fight between Minerva, Erza, Kagura and Milliana could have ended very differently had Minerva kept Sting as backup but I agree it shouldn't have turned out like it did.

Fairy Tail should have won directly because of what Minerva did instead of an afterthought once Sting lost the will to fight.
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-03-12 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Getting Sting mixed up with Rogue!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

I disagree the most likely result is that Sting and Rogue would have teamed up on Gajeel and defeated him since he isn't as strong as Natsu but the question would be who would fight them next?
    It has been quite a while since they fought last, we actualy dont know this for sure.

Laxus after beating Jura they might have beaten him but it still boils back to Minerva keeping Lector hidden as a very stupid thing to do, that fight between Minerva, Erza, Kagura and Milliana could have ended very differently had Minerva kept Sting as backup but I agree it shouldn't have turned out like it did.
    Actualy Miverva's strategy was excellent, and she should have won that 3-way fight if not for Erza's lame armor asspull, because Minerva certainly deserved to win for actualy managing to make both her opponents wear each other down like that.
    And as for keeping the cat hidding, then that was a good idea as well, it should have made Sting unlock the usual true DS powerboost, but unfortunately FT pulled so many undeserved wins out of their ass that it did not matter when he was left in a 1 vs 5.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It has been quite a while since they fought last, we actualy dont know this for sure.
    True.

Actualy Miverva's strategy was excellent, and she should have won that 3-way fight if not for Erza's lame armor asspull, because Minerva certainly deserved to win for actualy managing to make both her opponents wear each other down like that.
    And as for keeping the cat hidding, then that was a good idea as well, it should have made Sting unlock the usual true DS powerboost, but unfortunately FT pulled so many undeserved wins out of their ass that it did not matter when he was left in a 1 vs 5.
    I agree about Erza's use of her second origin ability, I thought it was a waste they didn't have her gloat and reveal Lector's survival whilst unaware Sting was present which would have been a far better way to handle that fight.

I disagree about it bringing Sting out of his shell if anything Fairy Tail's repeated victories should have highlighted the fact she should have returned Lector to him or made it clear he needed to win in that last bout so he would have had reason to unlock his potential all her actions insured he would have little or no reason to actually fight at all.

I wasn't surprised he wasn't interested in fighting after all he isn't psychotic!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

I agree about Erza's use of her second origin ability, I thought it was a waste they didn't have her gloat and reveal Lector's survival whilst unaware Sting was present which would have been a far better way to handle that fight.
    I was actualy thinking about the magical deus ex armor she pulled out of her ***

I disagree about it bringing Sting out of his shell if anything Fairy Tail's repeated victories should have highlighted the fact she should have returned Lector to him or made it clear he needed to win in that last bout so he would have had reason to unlock his potential all her actions insured he would have little or no reason to actually fight at all.
    I dont see the reasoning behind this though, she did reveal Lector was alive, and that she would return him after Sting had won the tournament, i cant see how she could have done anything else to motivate him better.

And for that matter, he did also stomp Bachus, and as i recall someone else as well.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I was actualy thinking about the magical deus ex armor she pulled out of her ***
    Yes that is a bit much I hope they handle that better when the anime catches up!

I dont see the reasoning behind this though, she did reveal Lector was alive, and that she would return him after Sting had won the tournament, i cant see how she could have done anything else to motivate him better.

And for that matter, he did also stomp Bachus, and as i recall someone else as well.
    I thought that was the Blue Pegasus bloke who freaks Erza out so much?

Spoiler
    Show
    If he was more similar to Natsu, Happy supposedly dying would have had him demolish the city before Minerva counld intercede, Sting and Rogue might have been more tame since they had more time to keep them under control I can't help wondering what actually happened to the guildmaster of Sabertooth but hopefully in a few weeks we'll find out!

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So, new chapter out, and things go as expected, FT working hard to turn into the very first Mary Sue guild

Still, the apperance of evil Rogue, and the twist that we have 2 people comming from the future did peak my interest a little bit.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The praise for Fairy Tail is a little over the top. Particularly the little info box.

Evil Rogue looks pretty cool, and I'm glad to see that the executioners would putting up a decent fight.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Info box? The "story so far"? Well... it's not gotten any better. I guess it would be nice if someone wouldn't love them.

Well, so we did get our surprise after the end... A... weird version of Rogue from the FUTURE that... plans what? To kill a bunch of dragons? I'm still not sure what is going on...

Oh, concerning Rogue and Sting... I'm pretty sure they'll join FT... for better or worse. Apparently Makarov knows of some prophecy about Dragon Slayers and FT which has been hinted at once in a while and.. yeah, I guess all of them will have to join the guild...
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #562
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, the end took me by quite surprise I was so sure it would be Zeref...but Rogue... Then again, he was possessed by that shadow thing some chapters back, I think it's related.

And yeah, disliked the praise in the beginning too, but the rest of the chapter did pique my interest, I wonder what will happen next week!
    Last edited by CWater; 2013-03-15 at 02:26 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Has there been anything releveant in the box in the last few chapters? I have been ignoring it for some time.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #564

Dangit so my EvilFuture Lucy theory was wrong.

Ah well. NEW THEORY!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This "Rogue" is infact a combination of Rogue and Sting (thus the stupid ass hair).

And no Dusk, there's nothing ever relevent in that. It's just a space waster.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-03-15 at 03:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Dangit so my EvilFuture Lucy theory was wrong.

Ah well. NEW THEORY!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This "Rogue" is infact a combination of Rogue and Sting (thus the stupid ass hair).

And no Dusk, there's nothing ever relevent in that. It's just a space waster.
    Mangastream's stopped even translating it.

Anyway, I love Fairy Tail. Favorite manga and anime. I thought this chapter definitely provided an interesting twist.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

You do realize that's almost literally her entire power set right? It is established she has tons of stuff we've never even seen right. Its frankly a wonder we haven't seen her pull this more often, given that's she's seriously an RPG protagonist style hoarder.

And heck they did set up she had that second origin thing already when the team got the Shonen Upgrade and she showed no reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post

I wasn't surprised he wasn't interested in fighting after all he isn't psychotic!
    Yeah pretty much, wussing out tracks with the character arc so he can pull of some Big Damn Hero type move later and make some speech about friendship.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ah well. NEW THEORY!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking something like that as well but then why would he only introduce himself as Rogue?

Anime was funny... They spent most of the episode on Lamia Scale vs Mermaid Heel but it was nice to watch... Maybe it is just me but I really have a hard time enjoying any fight in any manga (well, almost any) It's only fun to watch in motion.
    Next week most of the Dragon Slayer tag battle. I'm excited.
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I was thinking something like that as well but then why would he only introduce himself as Rogue?

Anime was funny... They spent most of the episode on Lamia Scale vs Mermaid Heel but it was nice to watch... Maybe it is just me but I really have a hard time enjoying any fight in any manga (well, almost any) It's only fun to watch in motion.
    Ah I'm looking forward to Natsu's newest ability... summon minecart and railroad!

Oh I'm going to love this!

29. - Top - End - #569

Becaus Rogue is the dominent personality.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

You do realize that's almost literally her entire power set right? It is established she has tons of stuff we've never even seen right. Its frankly a wonder we haven't seen her pull this more often, given that's she's seriously an RPG protagonist style hoarder.

And heck they did set up she had that second origin thing already when the team got the Shonen Upgrade and she showed no reaction.
    There is a difference between having that second origin thingy, and then pulling an armor that breaks the rules of magic out from her ***