New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah...

Spoiler
    Show

I'm disappointed. Because I was wrong. Still, it seems like some stuff doesn't exactly fit together but maybe we will get an explanation later.

Though... Natsu is NOT the only Dragon Slayer there. There are at least three other, full fledged Dragon Slayers. Why does Natsu get the credit of being the worlds last hope?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because Wendy isn't anywhere close to as powerful as Natsu or Gajeel, and Gajeel is an *******. She MIGHT take a dragon down - but it's more likely going to split 3:3:1 if those 3 are the only ones to kill dragons. So really it's just between Gajeel and Natsu.... and then it's the Goku vs Vegeta debate. Goku couldn't have beaten Buu without Vegeta, but he gets all the credit. Same with Gajeel. He's just not the 'hero' face.

However, only 7 dragons? That seems kind of.... weaksauce.

I mean even with what we've seen so far, Makarov can probably take one pretty easily in Titan form, Gajeel can take one, Natsu can take one, and Laxus can take one. That leaves 1 for Jellal and Co, one for Sting, and one for Rogue. Then of course we still have the as-of-yet vaguely mentioned top 4 Spirit Mages (I can't remember what they called them - but they said that Jura was only the 5th strongest and it was a huge step up to them).

Seriously, I'm having a hard time thinking that only 7 dragons is a credible threat.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-04-19 at 08:22 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Because he's the idiot who climbed up onto a building when fighting dragons.

Also! The dragons we know the names of are as follows! Grandia, Igneel, Metalicana, Zirconius, Skiadrum, Weisslogia, Acnologia, AAAAAAAAAAAAND....Atlas Flame.
    One of these things is not like the other.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    One of these things is not like the other.
    I'd of accepted it even if it was like, Worldbrand or something, because at least that sounds intimidating. But...Atlas Flame. Okay, that's your name, firey skull dragon.

Metalicana is still my favorite.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Gajeel is an *******.
    I'm not quite sure what the ******** is about...

Of course I'm aware Natsu is "the hero" but it still bothers me...

And I'd say we haven't seen enough of the dragons to say whether a DS can take them down, one on one. (I guess not or the seven would really be no threat to the combined might of several guilds)

Also, what's so bad about Atlas Flame? Apart from not fittin in the naming scheme.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #725

Atlas Flame doesn't fit with the name theme and is also a really silly name.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not quite sure what the ******** is about...

Of course I'm aware Natsu is "the hero" but it still bothers me...

And I'd say we haven't seen enough of the dragons to say whether a DS can take them down, one on one. (I guess not or the seven would really be no threat to the combined might of several guilds)

Also, what's so bad about Atlas Flame? Apart from not fittin in the naming scheme.
    It censored it out. Gajeel is not a nice person... insert any word you feel like using here.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

You realize that once this chapter gets properly romanized, Atlas Flame is probably going to seem like a much better name in retrospect. Like Gazelle VS Gajeel. Or Luxus VS Laxus. It'll probably get changed to something like Atilla Filliamey or something ridiculous.

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    You realize that once this chapter gets properly romanized, Atlas Flame is probably going to seem like a much better name in retrospect. Like Gazelle VS Gajeel. Or Luxus VS Laxus. It'll probably get changed to something like Atilla Filliamey or something ridiculous.
    I actually like Gajeel as a name, and Luxus uses the correct word for light

My guess is that Mandapanda may of translated Atlas Flame wrong, but I don't think our resident Super Awesome Translator Man cares enough about Fairy Tail to assist us in that endeavour.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

I actually like Gajeel as a name, and Luxus uses the correct word for light

My guess is that Mandapanda may of translated Atlas Flame wrong, but I don't think our resident Super Awesome Translator Man cares enough about Fairy Tail to assist us in that endeavour.
    It could also be that the mangaka is using 'Atlas', thinking it means something else.

Bleach had some pretty dodgy 'Spanish' in the Hueco Mundo arc.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

10. - Top - End - #730

It could also be that the mangaka is using 'Atlas', thinking it means something else.

Bleach had some pretty dodgy 'Spanish' in the Hueco Mundo arc.
    Great now the dragon is speaking in Cockney about Ayn Rand books

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

I'd like to point out its a damn shame that nobody is giving all 12 zodiac spirits any credit here for totally taking a beyond hopeless situatio

Seriously, I'm having a hard time thinking that only 7 dragons is a credible threat.
    My read is were about to have something more like a guild a dragon barely holding things down with sounds pretty credible to me.

Great now the dragon is speaking in Cockney about Ayn Rand books
    I get the Rand but ...Cockney?

Also nothing wrong with Atlas Flame it really just doesn't fit the naming scheme. Like at all.

12. - Top - End - #732

I'd like to point out its a damn shame that nobody is giving all 12 zodiac spirits any credit here for totally taking a beyond hopeless situatio

My read is were about to have something more like a guild a dragon barely holding things down with sounds pretty credible to me.

I get the Rand but ...Cockney?

Also nothing wrong with Atlas Flame it really just doesn't fit the naming scheme. Like at all.
    Right, I should give credit where credit is do. Holy crap that was actually really awesome.

Bioshock, my friend. One of the baddies is Atlas (or rather, Atlas is an alias of Fontaine, who speaks in a cockney accent). Bioshock is a game about Ayn Rand philosophy (to a degree).
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-04-19 at 02:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I wish to make a prediction...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atlas Flame and Natsu meet and Natsu has a literal dragon sized meal!!!

I figure each of those dragons has a specific weakness and it might require the guilds currently fighting them changing who they're fighting to have any chance of winning.

I figure Blue Pegasus will fight one that has a too keen sense of smell or perhaps enamored of physical beauty enough that Ichniya posing will send it fleeing!

Erza loses her temper... well thats one dragon down by itself!

Laxus and his band go after another...

And where's Gildartz?

Now he'd account for at least three of those poor beggars!

Now Acnologia or whatever he's called seems more of a threat than all of those dragons and Sting-Rogue combined... oh I wonder?

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Sting-Rogue Acnologia but then whose Zeref?

Hmm I wonder if Gray and Lyon counter Atlas Flame
    Spoiler
    Show
    until Natsu drops in?
    Or should that be blasted at it by Rogue-Sting and his new pet?
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-04-19 at 02:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Right, I should give credit where credit is do. Holy crap that was actually really awesome.

Bioshock, my friend. One of the baddies is Atlas (or rather, Atlas is an alias of Fontaine, who speaks in a cockney accent). Bioshock is a game about Ayn Rand philosophy (to a degree).
    Yeah I have yet to watch anything but some AMVs of the anime... but imma have to turn in for that.

Ahh I see, was aware of Objectivism well before that game (and never played it) so I went right to Atlas Shrugged.

15. - Top - End - #735

Yeah I have yet to watch anything but some AMVs of the anime... but imma have to turn in for that.

Ahh I see, was aware of Objectivism well before that game (and never played it) so I went right to Atlas Shrugged.
    Completely understandable.

Also, @Hopeless: That.....is a wonderful idea. I expect that to happen now, 100%

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    I wish to make a prediction...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atlas Flame and Natsu meet and Natsu has a literal dragon sized meal!!!

I figure each of those dragons has a specific weakness and it might require the guilds currently fighting them changing who they're fighting to have any chance of winning.

I figure Blue Pegasus will fight one that has a too keen sense of smell or perhaps enamored of physical beauty enough that Ichniya posing will send it fleeing!

Erza loses her temper... well thats one dragon down by itself!

Laxus and his band go after another...

And where's Gildartz?

Now he'd account for at least three of those poor beggars!

Now Acnologia or whatever he's called seems more of a threat than all of those dragons and Sting-Rogue combined... oh I wonder?

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Sting-Rogue Acnologia but then whose Zeref?

Hmm I wonder if Gray and Lyon counter Atlas Flame
    Spoiler
    Show
    until Natsu drops in?
    Or should that be blasted at it by Rogue-Sting and his new pet?
    Acnologia was a human that killed and absorbed so many dragon powers 400 years ago that he became a super-powered dragon himself. Unless Rogue plans on making ANOTHER time jump (unlikely with Eclipse closed now), he can't be Acnologia.

I still think that this whole plan is FutureRogue's attempt to follow in Acnologia's footsteps and become a dragon himself. He's already got 2 powers - if he absorbs the dragons after the various guilds defeat them, then he's going to have 9. Wonder how many it takes?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

I'm betting on the dragons being exactly as devestating as they've been built up to be. So this town is going to be destroyed. But no one will die.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #738

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'm betting on the dragons being exactly as devestating as they've been built up to be. So this town is going to be destroyed. But no one will die.
    To be fair they did establish they evacuate the town for the mage fight. Still, no one will die.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Seems possible that Natsu is being called the only hope because he died in the control room last time and the others lost without him. Shame he didn't go straight for the fire dragon to get a meal before going after R/S.

Seems there must be some weird time loop stuff going on here unless R/S is lieing. As far as i can tell R/S must have gone though on his own the first time, sent his younger self back this time with some info but Lucy came though as well causing some changes.

Still has a few holes though.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Acnologia was a human that killed and absorbed so many dragon powers 400 years ago that he became a super-powered dragon himself. Unless Rogue plans on making ANOTHER time jump (unlikely with Eclipse closed now), he can't be Acnologia.

I still think that this whole plan is FutureRogue's attempt to follow in Acnologia's footsteps and become a dragon himself. He's already got 2 powers - if he absorbs the dragons after the various guilds defeat them, then he's going to have 9. Wonder how many it takes?
    That's a deviously plausible idea come to think of it.

To be fair they did establish they evacuate the town for the mage fight. Still, no one will die.
    Plenty of guild mooks and troops around. And we need somebody to Red Shirt to prove things are serious.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

On a different topic: I was going to watch the FT full-length movie. I saw a few parts of the beginning while trying to get it to buffer on my computer and decided not to watch it. The animation and art style is (fill in the blank here)awful. In my opinion, it's worse than the animation and art in the very first FT episode. I'm kind of surprised at the general lack of people saying how it ruined the movie for them - it was terrible enough to keep me from wanting to watch the movie. It looked very... pencil-y. Like it was rush sketched by people other than the normal animators.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    On a different topic: I was going to watch the FT full-length movie. I saw a few parts of the beginning while trying to get it to buffer on my computer and decided not to watch it. The animation and art style is (fill in the blank here)awful. In my opinion, it's worse than the animation and art in the very first FT episode. I'm kind of surprised at the general lack of people saying how it ruined the movie for them - it was terrible enough to keep me from wanting to watch the movie. It looked very... pencil-y. Like it was rush sketched by people other than the normal animators.
    Eh, I usually stay away from anime movies in general. Like filler arcs, they are almost always non-canon, and written by people OTHER than the author. Sometimes the movies are even animated by different studios than the normal series!

What you're left with is movies that have no real tension because you know they can't alter the world in any way, and characters are either stuck using abilities they've already shown, or inventing 'new' abilities that will never be used again after the movie.

Most people I know have the same attitude - even if they watch the movie and it sucks, they can't be mad at the author, because they usually don't have anything to do with the movies.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Your typical anime movies are glorified fanfics. Seriously they make all the same choices and have resulting general quality. (ie: utter **** with no idea what made the source stick out)

However the animation is expected to be a step-up and as a rule is. Its the only reason to watch one, to catch a totally non-canon but awesome sequence.

Checking this AMV I'm not seeing what the problem is. I'm curious what you mean by "pencil-y" because in this day in age if something looks like a sketch in anime... well given that everything is made at least partially on computers these days it would seem to me it takes a bit of actual work to make your final product look like its drawn. Instead of y'know.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

It's been a few weeks but I think the beginning of the movie did look quite a bit different from what I was used to from the anime. But as the AMV shows, they revert to the original art style (if the beginning sequence even was different and I'm not just imagining things)

That said, as noted earlier, the movie really isn't that good. It's on the level of your general filler arc, I guess. There have been some decent anime movies though but they are rare, sadly.
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #745
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plot finally revealed! Turns one Future Sing wasn't lying about everything.
    Cobra. That was unexpected.
    Sting and Rouge DID kill their dragon tutors? That was also unexpected.
    Overall, good chapter.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ya that was actually a lot more coherent than I thought it would be. Now I just want the next fights to actually be exciting and not just having the dragonslayers curb stomp the dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey I was pretty damn close.

I was correct - this IS all about Ancologia (IF Rogue is telling the truth).

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, pretty good chapter. I'm only a bit annoyed that DS magic is so special only it can defeat dragons but... whatever.

Nice reveal at the end, it kind of makes a certain sub plot in the last filler seem less pointless.

The reveal about Sting and Rogue... I wouldn't say entirely unexpected but nice nonetheless. Though it raises the question what Weislogia knows we don't know. (Or I guess all other dragons)

Oh... why is there a new chapter today?
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #749

Oh... why is there a new chapter today?
    No idea. I'm guessing they found a way to get a really early copy and translated it right way.

Also, I really liked this chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Natsu is stupid for announcing "HEY EVERYONE, DRAGONSLAYER MAGIC CAN SLAY DRAGONS" because...well, no DUH you moron. But still, every other part of that speech was actually really good.

And I'm glad that the Poison Dragon Slayer is back, that was unexpected. And I still don't believe that the dragons of Sting and Rogue are dead, but that's because I'm stuck on my "the dragon slayers are dragons" thing.

ALSO! They fixed our little quibble with the timeline. In the original timeline, the gate wasn't used, and Acnologia took over the entire world by himself because he's that powerful. Sweet. Apocolypse Dragon cares not for friendship power!

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

No idea. I'm guessing they found a way to get a really early copy and translated it right way.

Also, I really liked this chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Natsu is stupid for announcing "HEY EVERYONE, DRAGONSLAYER MAGIC CAN SLAY DRAGONS" because...well, no DUH you moron. But still, every other part of that speech was actually really good.

And I'm glad that the Poison Dragon Slayer is back, that was unexpected. And I still don't believe that the dragons of Sting and Rogue are dead, but that's because I'm stuck on my "the dragon slayers are dragons" thing.

ALSO! They fixed our little quibble with the timeline. In the original timeline, the gate wasn't used, and Acnologia took over the entire world by himself because he's that powerful. Sweet. Apocolypse Dragon cares not for friendship power!
    Yeah, I knew it had to be something like that.

So if I understand correctly, we are essentially operating off 4 timelines:

A Future:

Spoiler
    Show
    Acnologia takes over the world. FutureRogue finds out about Eclipse, and rather than use it to save a destroyed world, he goes back in time to try and summon up dragons BEFORE Acnologia turns it into a wasteland.

B Future:

Spoiler
    Show
    Rogue succeeds in summoning up dragons. Unfortunately, he loses control, and the dragons destroy the world anyway. Not realizing about Acnologia, FutureLucy goes back in time to stop Eclipse

C Future

Spoiler
    Show
    FutureLucy succeeds in shutting Eclipse before FutureRogue can summon dragons. Acnologia takes over the world.

D (Current Timestream)

Spoiler
    Show
    FutureRogue goes back again - to FURTHER BACK than Lucy did, so he can change the future. Timeline proceeds as we have seen.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-04-30 at 10:29 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!