New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Uhm... yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about this weeks chapter...

Spoiler
    Show

It's just so contrived that Ultear's one minute exactly then did help so much. Ultear deciding her giving her life I guess kind of makes sense, if not out of guilt but just to help, but how would she know things would go different even if time was turned back more than a minute? (Also, as with so many suicide attacks... who develops these spells? How do you practice them?)

I'm not entirely sure whether Ultear will actually stay dead... this is FT after all. But I am sure someone will find out what she did. She's not going to die an unsung hero. Not in FT.

Also: That's some fine ass on page 4
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, Ultear is now Nox
    Nahh, Nox managet 20 min, and got away with it
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #933
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Spoiler
    Show

It's just so contrived that Ultear's one minute exactly then did help so much. Ultear deciding her giving her life I guess kind of makes sense, if not out of guilt but just to help, but how would she know things would go different even if time was turned back more than a minute? (Also, as with so many suicide attacks... who develops these spells? How do you practice them?)

I'm not entirely sure whether Ultear will actually stay dead... this is FT after all. But I am sure someone will find out what she did. She's not going to die an unsung hero. Not in FT.

Spoiler
    Show
    The only page 4 I can find either has everyone getting killed, or has no ass shot.

I'm pretty confident Ultear will stay dead. As for how these suicide spells get practiced, it's likely that a lot of it is just theory, not actual practice. Otherwise Ultear would of known that an entire life would only give around one minute.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only page 4 I can find either has everyone getting killed, or has no ass shot.

I'm pretty confident Ultear will stay dead. As for how these suicide spells get practiced, it's likely that a lot of it is just theory, not actual practice. Otherwise Ultear would of known that an entire life would only give around one minute.
    Spoiler
    Show

Page 4 without the extra pages Page 6 for you, probably(?)

Why? I mean, yeah, it is quite likely but this is Fairy Tail. Erza got better, Makarov didn't die when it would be a good time... Admittedly, none of them did a suicide spell but still.
    Yeah but it seems to me inventing a spell/technique would need not only writing down some numbers and doing the maths. It's just a pet peeve of mine.
    "What's done is done."

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

Very much a stupid Deus Ex Machina.

So Ultear turns the clock back. Except... apparently only the HUMANS see that 1 minute and use it. It's not like the dragons are intelligent beings that could use that knowledge to their advantage, too.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post

So Ultear turns the clock back. Except... apparently only the HUMANS see that 1 minute and use it. It's not like the dragons are intelligent beings that could use that knowledge to their advantage, too.
    A time mage turning back time... nah given how many of us called it makes perfect sense. Its literally her whole schtick afterall.

And given that they were winning what exactly would the dragons want to change and therefore what would they do differently. Besides seems none of the seven fights that matter were decided in that minute either, just saved Gray and a bunch of B/C listers from the draco-mooks

7. - Top - End - #937

Spoiler
    Show

Page 4 without the extra pages Page 6 for you, probably(?)

Why? I mean, yeah, it is quite likely but this is Fairy Tail. Erza got better, Makarov didn't die when it would be a good time... Admittedly, none of them did a suicide spell but still.
    Yeah but it seems to me inventing a spell/technique would need not only writing down some numbers and doing the maths. It's just a pet peeve of mine.
    Aaah, okay. Yha, that's a good one.

Truth be told, as bad as it would of been, having everyone die to the Apocolypse Dragon and having Romeo take over as main character, although a SUICIDAL decision, would of been an interesting way to play it. Maybe have a few of them survive somehow.

As I said above, the dragons simply saw the image of them winning. Thus they wouldn't change what they were going to do. After all, why WOULD they?

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    A time mage turning back time... nah given how many of us called it makes perfect sense. Its literally her whole schtick afterall.

And given that they were winning what exactly would the dragons want to change and therefore what would they do differently. Besides seems none of the seven fights that matter were decided in that minute either, just saved Gray and a bunch of B/C listers from the draco-mooks
    I'm not objecting to her turning back time. I'm objecting to that fact that the time turn seemed to ONLY benefit the humans involved.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not objecting to her turning back time. I'm objecting to that fact that the time turn seemed to ONLY benefit the humans involved.
    We frankly got only what one shot of the dragons and Gajeel taking advantage.

And what would you change when you are winning?

Or does everyone suddenly become Vizzini and play I know you know I know you know? That doesn't sound like a good story it sounds like wasteful fussing over details that don't matter because the net benefit is to the guys about to loose.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

And what would you change when you are winning?
    Agree, when you are in a life or death battle, and suddenly get a vision of the near future, then you dont have time to spend 10-15 sec thinking about if anyone else got a vision.

Of course, seing yourself die might be a very strong motivation to do something else

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Ya I don't think its a dues ex machina at all. I mean a lot of people saw this coming. For the suicide spells, ya no idea how they practice them. Maybe you can get really close to finishing the spell and then not actually cast the spell? Maybe that would work for practice and not cost your life?

And ya I bet the dragon mooks did see a vision, of them killing their opponents. They honestly would be MORE likely to keep doing what they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

Oh Natsu
    Spoiler
    Show
    You really DO specialize in collateral damage, don't you?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Oh Natsu
    Spoiler
    Show
    You really DO specialize in collateral damage, don't you?
    Spoiler
    Show

But this time it was useful!

Wow, I'm kind of ashamed I didn't see that one coming... I guess there is kind of the fault that he possibly build a new gate to connect to the destroyed one in the past but that's quite a decent plan.

Also, I like that FutureRogue got morehumanized in the end, with losing Frosch and trying to fight Acnologia (even though he is still way misguided, especially for FT standards)

I didn't like that I basically have no idea what went on during that fight...
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #944

Fight Choreography: You're doing it...poorly. The basic idea is that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natsu was getting hit with shadow light blasts and stuff, and Stingrogue was swishing around as a shadow. Eventually, he falls off, and Atlasflame grabs him, turns him into a dragon hadoken, and throws him at Stingrogue and Motherglare.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I don't think so. 1 minute can be a huge difference in what you decide to do. It seemed to mostly cause them to flinch out of the way of attacks that would have hit.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

So did Natsu just save the day... by accident?

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So did Natsu just save the day... by accident?
    can I say that this statement is beautifully coherent with your avatar?

but, yes he did, though his talent to generate collateral damage is not to be underestimated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's also funny how at first lucy whines that it will never succeed, and the very next moment natsu's talent saves the day.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2013-06-21 at 02:47 PM. Reason: oops spoilers
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #948
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Uh. Well that didn't last long.

Spoiler
    Show
    The funny thing was that while reading the chapter, I guessed that the best way to destroy the gate was to throw a dragon at it, and expected a dragged-out plan to achieve this result. Not quite.

So, what now ? Future!Rogue is still there, as far as we can tell. So are the dragons. Of course, it's entirely possible that they just need time to get a nice magical technicolor effect before every bad guy disappear, but... Well, that would certainly be a let-down.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

I think how long depends on how much longer Hiro wants to keep this arc going.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't think so. 1 minute can be a huge difference in what you decide to do. It seemed to mostly cause them to flinch out of the way of attacks that would have hit.
    Well, it's more that in just that one minute apparently three FT mages died and luckily just then Ultear cast her spell...

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    So, what now ? Future!Rogue is still there, as far as we can tell. So are the dragons. Of course, it's entirely possible that they just need time to get a nice magical technicolor effect before every bad guy disappear, but... Well, that would certainly be a let-down.
    Well, I guess we will get some more fighting... I'd wager the dragons will disappear but Rogue will stick around? (Do we even know how exactly he got back? If he just walked through the gate, wouldn't someone have noticed? The same goes for Lucy....
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #951
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

New chap

Spoiler
    Show
    and strangely unfullfilling and pretty meh

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was a cheap way to get rid of the dragons, and meh sums it up pretty well.

I really hope the recent quality has been so low because we apperently get 3 chapters out next week?

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like Lucy is stuck between two timelines since Natsus jacket keeps varying in length and she's got the same effect on her hands as the dragons did.

24. - Top - End - #954

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    New chap

Spoiler
    Show
    and strangely unfullfilling and pretty meh
    Spoiler
    Show
    WELCOME TO FAIRY TAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was a cheap way to get rid of the dragons, and meh sums it up pretty well.

I really hope the recent quality has been so low because we apperently get 3 chapters out next week?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It has to be. I honestly think Fairy Tail might be ending. You don't just get two weeks of around 57 chapters unless you're getting canceled, or they're thinking about turning you into a monthly and they're seeing how you look doing a monthly sized chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like Lucy is stuck between two timelines since Natsus jacket keeps varying in length and she's got the same effect on her hands as the dragons did.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm...not quite sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain?

So, my thoughts on the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The fact that all the dragon slayers didn't actually kill a dragon, showing how weak they are, is pretty alright. I wish we got to SEE those fights, but naw we just don't get to see any fights, we instead focus on Gray getting killed and Ultear rewinding to save him and the others who die.

Also, THAT'S why he's called the Jade Dragon? I hope It turns out she's the Jade Dragon slayer and becomes a super serious character who's fighting style involves destroying the enemies clothing. Won't happen, but a super serious character having such a silly power might be remotely interesting.

Hey, anyone remember how Rave Master handled it's time travel story? And it's super god damn tragic end that killed my second favorite character? What HAPPENED to this mangaka to make him lose his writing edge?

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, anyone remember how Rave Master handled it's time travel story? And it's super god damn tragic end that killed my second favorite character? What HAPPENED to this mangaka to make him lose his writing edge?
    Yeah, you are thinking about the guy who got lost in time, and sacrificed himself to avoid messing with the timeline?

Or for that matter the death of the first Rave Master..
    Thats really the quality of writing i am missing in FT atm, and i would gladly accept just 1 chapter per month if it would restore the quality.

26. - Top - End - #956

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, you are thinking about the guy who got lost in time, and sacrificed himself to avoid messing with the timeline?

Or for that matter the death of the first Rave Master..
    Thats really the quality of writing i am missing in FT atm, and i would gladly accept just 1 chapter per month if it would restore the quality.
    I wasn't talking about the death of the first Rave Master, but you bring up a good point considering what happened with the old man Guild Master in FAiry Tail. And yes, I'm talking about Sieg and his, when faced with either possibly damaging the time line, or literally staying in one spot for the rest of eternity, until he died, he chose THE LATER.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

Kind of late for the new chapter but... yeah, kind of a let down. At least considering this was probably the big finale. It sets up some stuff but unless it is a fake-out this was pretty meh.

So... what is this talk about a monthly chapter? To be quite frank I can't really see how this would have a big impact on the quality of the story?
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if he spends 4 weeks of time on producing 3 chapters worth of material then we hope the last week is spend improving the quality.

29. - Top - End - #959

Kind of late for the new chapter but... yeah, kind of a let down. At least considering this was probably the big finale. It sets up some stuff but unless it is a fake-out this was pretty meh.

So... what is this talk about a monthly chapter? To be quite frank I can't really see how this would have a big impact on the quality of the story?
    It was announced at the end of this chapter that Fairy Tail's next chapter will actually be the length of three chapters (more specifically it was announced to have three chapters released in one week). It will do this for two weeks.

Either this is a last push to see if Fairy Tail is popular enough to not get canceled, it's ending and this is just a speedy way of wrapping it up, or they're seeing how Fairy Tail looks as a monthly.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

I got that bit about the more chapters (though, not the two weeks) but I can't quite see how this would change much about the quality of the plot. Admittedly, it gives Hiro more time to think about it but I feel this has very little impact on the quality... And I can't quite see how longer chapters would be an improvement, either.
    "What's done is done."