Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Spoiler
    Show
    If this wasn't just an excuse to depower Laxus after his showing against Raven Tail I think he'll either become immune to the mist or gain the ability to actually use it. Similar to Natsu gaining lightning abilities.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Eh, I'm going to be blunt, I thought it was just stupid.

In particular, Tempest demon's ability to

Spoiler
    Show
    explode and basically kill anybody he feels like makes him effectively invincible.

I hate it when any author introduces ANY character like this. Literally the only way to kill them is by some stupid contrived plot device introduced specifically for this person. Write a real fight instead of having to resort to, "OMG this guy is invincible and unbeatable. WAIT.... Plot McGuffin X just happens to neutralize his ability! Now we win!"

Stand by for Jellal (or maybe the dude that survived that initial attack on teh council - was it Lahal?) to just happen to have the right item to contain/neutralize the mist.
    Spoiler
    Show

I was under the impression that all the demons could do this, and that finding out how to kill them without murdering entire towns would be the fight.

All the plot mcguffin beating will happen later, I garuntee, but for now the build up is actually kind of great, in my eyes.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I was under the impression that all the demons could do this, and that finding out how to kill them without murdering entire towns would be the fight.

All the plot mcguffin beating will happen later, I garuntee, but for now the build up is actually kind of great, in my eyes.
    I am not sure if all demons can do it but I honestly didn't think it was that odd or a bad plot device. If fairy tail hadn't decided to ease up on the attack they probably could of coup de graced the guy before he exploded. It seemed as if he needed to consciously explode. Beat him hard enough that he can't do that seems like a viable strategy.

Another one would be Wendy fighting this guy (Already seems likely as he fights with wind) and blowing the dust away into the sky or neutralizing it.

But ya Laxus and Gildarts are too strong compared to the average fairy tail member. They need to be sidelined a bit and they probably won't be participating in fights until the end of the arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

Cant belive anyone has not yet though of Cobra as a counter to the poison trick
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Cant belive anyone has not yet though of Cobra as a counter to the poison trick
    May or may not work against a this miasma because as described its not nessecarily a "poison" in the unusual sense of the word but "Magical Barrier Particles" that are acting on the Eternano.

Or in more general forms a "mana pollutant" over a traditional poison. It might be essentially beneath poison treated as a pseudo-element. Or not.

But not normal in either case I would think.

6. - Top - End - #1236

@Getting Cobra: That...shouldn't work but yet also could, maybe.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    So what would happen if Tempest the Immortal was either frozen solid or burned to a crisp?

His schtick is that he can explode and cover an area in an anti-magical dust that not just poisons anyone breathing it in but also the surrounding area since magic is viewed as a life sustaining force and that is basically life threatening.

Its just that can he explode if someone freezes him solid or burns the resulting release of his anti-magic dust since that should utterly destroy it, shame they don't have that cavalier with the spear of shrinking on hand (from the filler in the anime where they were competing to find a long dead celestial wizard's hidden artefact and love struck cavalier was working for the church that had been coopted by the leader of the Oracion Seis well a puppet anyway...) to reduce that creature in size enough so they could attach it to Erza's spear and she can throw it into orbit sort of like what she did in that very early arc regarding the moon drip...
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-11-01 at 04:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure if this will be something all demons can do... I don't think any of the (few) previous demons have shown similar skills but then there might be a reason the demons tend to get sealed instead of destroyed...

But I don't think it will be a major "hunt McGuffin" plot.. I assume at least Tempest needs someone to help him restore his body other than just returning to HQ so if nobody is left he is out of commission as well. Obviously, that's just random guessing at this point.

I forgot to mention it earlier and maybe it's just me... but I was wondering a little whether that particular attack style was somehow inspired by recent world news events...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, regarding the actualy chapter then i though it was a good one. The fight was much quicker than i had expected, but had the necesary result. Showing that the deamons were not in the Hades class of wizards, but still managing to remove Laxus from the field of battle, so that the fight would be more even.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter up.

Spoiler: Dalek Tail
    Show

Okay, I guess it's just me but whenever I read "exterminate" I can't help thinking of the adorable tin cans

The fairies declare war on Hades, we learn Loki slept around through various beds, regeneration isn't that easy and - huge surprise - Minerva is about to become a demon. And is stark naked while doing so. (Another big surprise )
    Finally, while protecting a counselor Natsu faces Jackal. I'm actually curious whether this will end the same as with Laxus or what... It wouldn't be the first time FT lost a first match but... well, we'll see.
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Anyway, regarding the actualy chapter then i though it was a good one. The fight was much quicker than i had expected, but had the necesary result. Showing that the deamons were not in the Hades class of wizards, but still managing to remove Laxus from the field of battle, so that the fight would be more even.
    Meh... He'll show up when Fairy Tail is losing a vital battle. Then Gildartz will show up too.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Meh... He'll show up when Fairy Tail is losing a vital battle. Then Gildartz will show up too.
    Is it bad that I'd love to see a Fairy Tail/One Piece crossover where both sides mistake Gildartz for his alternate in that series even if one only has one arm!

13. - Top - End - #1243

Spoiler
    Show
    ...what I don't get is how does Leo whispering to Wendy explain ANYTHING AT ALL about how he knows the locations of the other counseulers. Probably a bad translation.

Also, god damnit Hiro if you're gonna show Minerva like that, with super tiny convienant censor bubbles, you've kind of wasted the point of fanservice. Just show her naked. Or, how about doing something interesting, since she's turning into a demon have her naughty bits be non existent since she's becoming unnatural!

.....HOW DOES THE BLOOD...okay, look, maybe I just don't know all the info, but how does the blood of the guy who poofed into anti magic become a cure for anti magic?

OH, okay, that's how Leo figured it out. That...makes a lot of sense and is okay.

All in all a rather good Fairy Tail chapter. As said before, this is what Fairy Tail excels at, building up to things.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

I had pretty much the same reaction to the panel with Leo and Wendy... I'm not sure if we are intended not to understand it but only later or if it really is poor translation. (I'm not sure who the woman in the foreground is (Mira?) but she seems to somehow get it right away) I would have kind of wished for another explanation but meh. It's not that critical.

And regarding the vaccine... MAGIC! Well, I guess it makes a little bit sense if we imply a lot about how the poison might work.. Dunno.

Spoiler
    Show
    I sure hope Minerva will turn into a proper demon at some point. As for this... well, it's what Hiro always does about fanservice, isn't it?
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the thing with Wendy and Leo was that she was jealous he had a girlfriend, think it was Cana in the foreground as well. As for the Vaccine eh I don't mind letting it slide really.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I had pretty much the same reaction to the panel with Leo and Wendy... I'm not sure if we are intended not to understand it but only later or if it really is poor translation. (I'm not sure who the woman in the foreground is (Mira?) but she seems to somehow get it right away) I would have kind of wished for another explanation but meh. It's not that critical.

And regarding the vaccine... MAGIC! Well, I guess it makes a little bit sense if we imply a lot about how the poison might work.. Dunno.

Spoiler
    Show
    I sure hope Minerva will turn into a proper demon at some point. As for this... well, it's what Hiro always does about fanservice, isn't it?
    It baffles me that anti magi can be cured...by magic. But then you can di-spell anti magic fields, right?

Spoiler
    Show
    I know that's what Hiro does, but it's gotten to the point where it's eregerous and, like they actually brought up in the last fanservice chapter, it's gotten too normal that it's no longer...well, good!

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

I think the thing with Wendy and Leo was that she was jealous he had a girlfriend, think it was Cana in the foreground as well. As for the Vaccine eh I don't mind letting it slide really.
    What? No, Wendy is a little girl, and she were blushing because Loki explained how he had come to obtain such secret information.

It baffles me that anti magi can be cured...by magic. But then you can di-spell anti magic fields, right?
    It does actually makes sense, if its a poison he has in his body, then he needs to posses an immunity to it himself.
    And its those antibodies she is hoping to find in his blood.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...what I don't get is how does Leo whispering to Wendy explain ANYTHING AT ALL about how he knows the locations of the other counseulers. Probably a bad translation.

Also, god damnit Hiro if you're gonna show Minerva like that, with super tiny convienant censor bubbles, you've kind of wasted the point of fanservice. Just show her naked. Or, how about doing something interesting, since she's turning into a demon have her naughty bits be non existent since she's becoming unnatural!

.....HOW DOES THE BLOOD...okay, look, maybe I just don't know all the info, but how does the blood of the guy who poofed into anti magic become a cure for anti magic?

OH, okay, that's how Leo figured it out. That...makes a lot of sense and is okay.

All in all a rather good Fairy Tail chapter. As said before, this is what Fairy Tail excels at, building up to things.
    I'm guessing that they are wanting to look at the inactivated magic particles so they could figure out how to return them to an inactivated state. After all his body was made up from the anti-magic particles right? but only activated when he dissolved.

I think the big implication everyone missed though is that all the demons can regenerate, as long as they have their base.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'm guessing that they are wanting to look at the inactivated magic particles so they could figure out how to return them to an inactivated state. After all his body was made up from the anti-magic particles right? but only activated when he dissolved.

I think the big implication everyone missed though is that all the demons can regenerate, as long as they have their base.
    Right, forgot to mention that. I think that also means all the demons let out the death poofs when they die too.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

What magic? I see a doctor using medicine there.

Not nessecarily realistic medicine but certainly the much more common storybook "cure" sort. Real medicine doesn't deal much in cures, ever.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know that's what Hiro does, but it's gotten to the point where it's eregerous and, like they actually brought up in the last fanservice chapter, it's gotten too normal that it's no longer...well, good!
    Speaking of medicine... maybe you should try to inoculate yourself with something like Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls.

I find FT kinda tame if anything and have lost the capacity to see the common complaint of "distracting" because I well don't find it so.

Sooooo desensitized.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Yes, but on the flip side, it's not fast or easy for them to do it, and apparently if more than one is trying to regenerate at once it slows things down. So it's far from an unbeatable system, just a very, very nice one.

Also, if the demons are created from humans, probably most or all of them started off human. Which bolsters the Silver = Grey's Dad theory, I think.

And I suspect that Natsu will narrowly win this one - if they put him up against an enemy who is weak to his tricks, he can win without it looking like Tartaros are pushovers.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Yes, but on the flip side, it's not fast or easy for them to do it, and apparently if more than one is trying to regenerate at once it slows things down. So it's far from an unbeatable system, just a very, very nice one.
    Yep. Okay, they need to likely take the fight to them (or Tartaros has to be stupid enough to send out all its generals at once) and this means finding their base but it's just... well, I guess it's a way to have the Tartaros members fight more than once. Maybe(?)

Also, if the demons are created from humans, probably most or all of them started off human. Which bolsters the Silver = Grey's Dad theory, I think.
    Oh come on, just because he looks like an older version and uses the same element doesn't mean he has to be his dad

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I find FT kinda tame if anything and have lost the capacity to see the common complaint of "distracting" because I well don't find it so.

Sooooo desensitized.
    Yeah... as I said before, I think Hiro is deliberately making bad fanservice which only pleases the most horny otakus That's why they only play that sound effect in the anime which makes it much more like a poor joke than an actual ecchi moment. Of course, I could be totally wrong on that.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... as I said before, I think Hiro is deliberately making bad fanservice
    Bad fanservice? Where?

Are the characters poorly drawn? I can't agree with that.
    Do you prefer less imposing physiques? I can understand that but its a matter of taste

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Bad fanservice? Where?

Are the characters poorly drawn? I can't agree with that.
    Do you prefer less imposing physiques? I can understand that but its a matter of taste
    No, there's nothing bad about the drawing let alone physique (though I guess that's a metter of taste) but there is just a difference between "drawing a (almost) naked character" and fanservice. And what Hiro does is much more the former than the latter. I forgot who said fans wanted more fanservice or at least exposed skin in Rave but that's what he seems to be going for. He's drawing the girls in revealing clothing but it's been quite a while or only rarely this actually amounts to anything for the lack of a better word arousing (fan service - at least this kind is meant to be arousing, I guess Or erotic. Wherever the difference may be. Sure there are other kinds of fan service but that's the kind we are talking about)
    It's just... nakes people. And naked people aren't sexy, they are naked. *shrug*
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

No, there's nothing bad about the drawing let alone physique (though I guess that's a metter of taste) but there is just a difference between "drawing a (almost) naked character" and fanservice.
    *continues to be facetious*

Ahhh... so you want to fanservice by the somewhat older more general defintion that includes say elaborate start up sequences for giant robots and things?

Or do you mean FT isn't covering a wide enough range of selective-taste wear for you?

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I would LOVE the Faires to get a giant mecha! Or even better, each of them gets their own mecha and then they combine into one giant FAIRY Mecha. That would be excellent.
    Can you imagine, Natsu riding into battle in his dragon zord and Grey following him in a giant polar bear?

Oh, I'm not demanding fan service. If I was desperate for that I'd know other shows to go to. I'm just wondering whether Hiro is intentionally making fan service me and likely others are not... I fail to find a proper word again. Fan service we would feel no need to criticize Anyway, whether he does or does not aim to make sexually arousing fan service.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Fan service we would feel no need to criticize
    Doesn't actually exist. That's what I'm trying to get across.

You can tell by how any fanservice in any density in any show catches much the same flack for it. From somebody. There simply isn't anything to change that would make it different.

Oh maybe in some faction of people's minds but that's just it, its entirely in the mind. Not in the show, any show. So change yourself instead.

And well turning it into plot relevant erotica or simply eliminating it... well then that wouldn't be fanservice anymore.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 78. Just starting the story arc with the other world. Oh boy, this is gonna be a LOOOONG story arc, isn't it?

I can't decide what I dislike more here, that there shaping up to really rub the opposite personality's joke raw into the viewer, or that were having to deal with it in a world were everyone's powers are gonna be beaten to death with the nerf bat.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #1259

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Episode 78. Just starting the story arc with the other world. Oh boy, this is gonna be a LOOOONG story arc, isn't it?

I can't decide what I dislike more here, that there shaping up to really rub the opposite personality's joke raw into the viewer, or that were having to deal with it in a world were everyone's powers are gonna be beaten to death with the nerf bat.
    It's as bad as you think it will be.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

It's as bad as you think it will be.
    *groan.*

And let me guess, it's critical to following the plot line that I not skip this story arc, isn't it?
    "I Burn!"