Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blargh if Happy was able to survive the explosion, what are the chances this would of even scratched the likes of Erza?

Sorry, sorry. I will note though that having each demon has their own unique death curse makes sense, though Jackal's could stand to be a bit more...you know, effective.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that said we know nothing of happy's talents, as he hasn't used any before... (and Exceed do seem to have special talents). And it seemed before Happy flew him off, that he was going to be pretty damn effective...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that said we know nothing of happy's talents, as he hasn't used any before... (and Exceed do seem to have special talents). And it seemed before Happy flew him off, that he was going to be pretty damn effective...
    Spoiler
    Show

Well yeah it SEEMED effective, but it barely even hurt Happy. To use Slayer's terms, it did Comedic Damage to him. That shouldn't happen with the main villain's suicide gambit.

I mean yeah, this shows that such a powerful guy that he can knock NAtsu around for a bit, he's actually not all that strong since he can't even signifigently hurt a birdcat with his suicide, whereas Tempest's suicide is effectively a nuclear bomb. So it's like "oh man I wonder how powerful the others are!" and stuff. But it just seems like this was a bad way to play the situation.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    So, we can agreethat Natsu is still awesome, yet not infallible. And he's not anti magic dust, but an explosive? Sopmehow it does not really make sense with his kind of magic or curse. I like how Natu's acquiring lightning elements hasn't been forgotten (like in Bleach, Ichigo's fullbring). And OMG Happy! You have a powerup form with an afro? WE all know where this leads becuase in Japanese symbolism an dAfro is the pinnacle of awesome

I bet next up is Zero vs. Gray and I am seriously hoping for a "Gray, I am your father" moment. It would be plain awesome if yet stolen.
    Well apparently each demon is some kind of living spell given form. This goes back to Lullaby actually now that I think about it.

They aren't and never were the same spell though.

Spoiler
    Show

Well yeah it SEEMED effective, but it barely even hurt Happy. To use Slayer's terms, it did Comedic Damage to him. That shouldn't happen with the main villain's suicide gambit.

I mean yeah, this shows that such a powerful guy that he can knock NAtsu around for a bit, he's actually not all that strong since he can't even signifigently hurt a birdcat with his suicide, whereas Tempest's suicide is effectively a nuclear bomb. So it's like "oh man I wonder how powerful the others are!" and stuff. But it just seems like this was a bad way to play the situation.
    Oh come now lighten up. You really want high body counts in FT? Everyone but some non-combatants is coming out of this all beat up.

Besides much like a certain other case in another manga its obvious what went down... get enough distance to save the nameless surrounding characters and then ditch to get enough distance to save yourself.

4. - Top - End - #1324

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Oh come now lighten up. You really want high body counts in FT? Everyone but some non-combatants is coming out of this all beat up.

Besides much like a certain other case in another manga its obvious what went down... get enough distance to save the nameless surrounding characters and then ditch to get enough distance to save yourself.
    Naw, I don't want a body count, I just got big flashbacks to when that short guy from Dragonball Z sacraficed himself to try and beat Nappa, and I'm like "that was a good scene, I'm shocked Fairy Tail is doing something like that". And then it becomes an afro joke, which...well, kind of makes me less threatened by Jackal. He couldn't even knock Happy unconscious

But yes, you're right. Maybe next chapter we'll get an explanation like "oh, Happy used his super speed to evade most of the blast" or what not. And I DO like the concept of the demons, each one basically an embodiment of a certain type of spell, that's cool and all. I just think it could be executed a bit better.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

Naw, I don't want a body count, I just got big flashbacks to when that short guy from Dragonball Z sacraficed himself to try and beat Nappa, and I'm like "that was a good scene, I'm shocked Fairy Tail is doing something like that". And then it becomes an afro joke, which...well, kind of makes me less threatened by Jackal. He couldn't even knock Happy unconscious
    Chiaotzu.

I'd also point out that even then death was barely more then a slap on the wrist in Dragon Ball. Most series not having that well...

But yes, you're right. Maybe next chapter we'll get an explanation like "oh, Happy used his super speed to evade most of the blast" or what not. And I DO like the concept of the demons, each one basically an embodiment of a certain type of spell, that's cool and all. I just think it could be executed a bit better.
    I don't think they have to per say, just as long as its not all point blank ha-ha Happy is crazy tough afterall.

Now Pantherlily or Carla.....

6. - Top - End - #1326

I'll be honest, if it was Pantherlily, even if he wasn't in his buff mode, I'd be totally okay with this. I probably just forgot how durable the Exceed actually are.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be honest, if it was Pantherlily, even if he wasn't in his buff mode, I'd be totally okay with this. I probably just forgot how durable the Exceed actually are.
    well, if gnomes get +2 for being gnomes, it'snot even that much of a stretch...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

Way to late but... you know, I was half expecting Happy to... well, not die but at least be seriously hurt. At least wait for the reveal until the next chapter or so! Yeah, it would be a total ripoff of Peru's scene in One Piece but still.
    Again I feel Hiro is deliberately going against conventions when it comes to actually creating drama instead of just annoying the audience.

And... well, maybe Exceed really are super sturdy. I think there was some instance in Edolas when they showed they could take quite some punishment.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

We are referring to Natsu's Happy aren't we?

Given the stuff he goes through I'd be surprised if Happy wasn't as ridiculously tough as he was!

Pantherlily's buff form is listed under awesome, Wendy's exceed is listed under Oracle and Happy is listed under Insane... after all those episodes/chapters somehow I doubt
    Spoiler
    Show
    the demon figured on being flown up into the sky by a winged cat
    but thats Fairy Tail for you!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-12-03 at 09:31 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

New chap.

Spoiler: Lelouch commands you
    Show

Oh, look, another puppeteer mage. But first, a lot of the guys came too late. But apparently some demons are more gruesome than others.

Lisanna gets strangled by Elfman, because puppeteer mage (is it just more or does she look and awful lot like Minerva to the point where i wonder why they don't recognize her?) is still sitting around after doing her job.

And we learn a bit about the magic atomic bombs of the council. So they have a weapon that can kill every mage in the kingdom... seems... smart? I guess if there really ever is a mage uprising it's good to have a back-up plan. I'm not entirely sure how it works, though, given the safety measures about it... Ah, whatever. It's not a bad plan from the demon's side, though, if they really are unaffected by this weapon. Raises the question who told them, though.

Next week, special chapter of Erza and Mira hopefully kicking some demon butts.
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #1331

Spoiler
    Show
    Face doesn't kill all the mages. It kills all the MAGIC. It's an anti magic field.

Also, I'm 100% sure they just don't recognize her, because that's definitely Minerva. Also, the exposition and stuff is good and all, but oh my god I care about Elfman and Lissana so much more right now. STop throwing exposition at us and show us what happened

...I'll admit I don't remember what Lissana does at all, because the only non Elfman side character I care about is Gajeel's sorta-girlfriend with the word magic. But I remember what Elfman does, and that's BE AWESOME ALL THE TIME ALWAYS, so I'm actually really concerned about this.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Face doesn't kill all the mages. It kills all the MAGIC. It's an anti magic field.

Also, I'm 100% sure they just don't recognize her, because that's definitely Minerva. Also, the exposition and stuff is good and all, but oh my god I care about Elfman and Lissana so much more right now. STop throwing exposition at us and show us what happened

...I'll admit I don't remember what Lissana does at all, because the only non Elfman side character I care about is Gajeel's sorta-girlfriend with the word magic. But I remember what Elfman does, and that's BE AWESOME ALL THE TIME ALWAYS, so I'm actually really concerned about this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    she has beast take over magic, meaning she turns into animals. and i agree, when i saw elfman grab her neck i started to tear up a bit and was like "nooooooooo!" i'm as frick'en scarred about their backstory as elfman is, it seems.

so, heres a thought. mira uses take over: demon magic. she's about to fight a demon. this should be interesting.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

So wait...

Spoiler
    Show
    Erza and Mirajane working together.

I almost pity who's on the receiving end of that.

14. - Top - End - #1334

So wait...

Spoiler
    Show
    Erza and Mirajane working together.

I almost pity who's on the receiving end of that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I bet it'll be Silver. As Chainer said, Mirajane uses Demon forms, and Silver uses the demon slayer. Although Mirajane also uses Demon COMMAND, so she'll likely get super buffed even more so if she wins, since she'll rip their limbs off and eat them into herself or something.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That what I thought first but doesn't magic deficiency result in what is happening to Laxus & Co right now? As in, mages need magic or they die? (Yeah, I could go back three chapters and check... Okay, I went and didn't find any clear evidence. maybe I was imagining things

Spoiler
    Show
    Hm... no, I'm not. it's FT, sorry, they will be fine. (If not I'll be all the more shocked for better or worse)

Spoiler
    Show
    I bet it'll be Silver. As Chainer said, Mirajane uses Demon forms, and Silver uses the demon slayer. Although Mirajane also uses Demon COMMAND, so she'll likely get super buffed even more so if she wins, since she'll rip their limbs off and eat them into herself or something.
    Spoiler
    Show

I thought all of them were somehow using Demon Sayer magic variants? Okay, I guess they never said so, but I just assumed they did.
    On the other hand, we really know little about Mirajane's exact powers, so maybe it's a different kind of demon... if she is actually using demon magic it would seem a little off, considering what demons are in-universe
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    That what I thought first but doesn't magic deficiency result in what is happening to Laxus & Co right now? As in, mages need magic or they die? (Yeah, I could go back three chapters and check... Okay, I went and didn't find any clear evidence. maybe I was imagining things
    Not quite, but you're close.

There is a line when they're discussing Face about magic deficiency.

What you're probably remembering is waaaaay back in the Phantom Lord arc. Magic Deficiency was what Aria of the Sorrows almost killed the Fairy Tail master with, and at the time the doctor said that the stronger a wizard is, the more badly they are affected by magic deficiency; strong wizards can be killed by it.

So the Magic Nuke would shut down all magic (probably not forever, but for a long time?), and incidentally kill all of the powerful wizards, which is not nearly as bad as killing every wizard but is certainly bad enough to be an utter disaster.

As for how powerful: on checking the internet, I have discovered that Wendy apparently was suffering from severe magic deficiency when she was attacked by Obra; apparently that should have taken her out of action completely for about a week. Wendy's a pretty powerful wizard, so probably there aren't many that would actually die from magic deficiency.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Spoiler
    Show

I thought all of them were somehow using Demon Sayer magic variants? Okay, I guess they never said so, but I just assumed they did.
    On the other hand, we really know little about Mirajane's exact powers, so maybe it's a different kind of demon... if she is actually using demon magic it would seem a little off, considering what demons are in-universe
    Naw, that's a curse that literally destroys magicians from the inside. It's like...chi-killer viruses. Face is just an Anti Magic field. As far as I know.

Spoiler
    Show
    We know silver uses Ice Slayer, and THEORETICALLY you could say that Tempest's wind and Jackal's explosions could be "curse" variants of Air and Fire dragons. But we'll see.

I always assumed Mirajane's power was not that she used demon magic, but that she used magic to tear off and absorb demon body parts, and uses magic to summon them up, but that aside it's completely physical/special abilities.

It's like...if you stole a dragon's head and used it to breath fire, that's not magic that's just it's natural ability.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-12-06 at 01:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

We really havent seen enough of Mirajanes magic in cannon fights, but mostly it seems like she actually transform into a deamon, the same way Lisandre changes into animals.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Soo noone noticed new chapter?

Anyway, good one. Plot thickens.

20. - Top - End - #1340

That was a pretty good chapter, though I've...got no idea what
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Oracion Six...er, five, are doing with Jellal, at all.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's kind of early, isn't it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know, it felt rather meh to me. Lot's of stuff going on but somehow... I think the one GOOD thing was totallynotMinerva trying to buy Elfman's soul.. that could become interesting. Erza and Mira falling for the trap... uh... I guess it's understandable but still... And... wow, Natsu is the only one to figure out who is likely to be the mole. Why it has to be that specific guy I have no idea but still.. (btw, is it just me or are all the council guys... well, guys?)

As for Cobra.. Well, Jellal was involved in their loss so revenge seems reasonable. Still, I wonder in how far they will use their filler arc upgrades... And I'm not too sure what their allegiance is either, no.

If I was a Tartaros mook I'd have run at page 14... Or maybe surrendered and hoped for the best.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: I have to wonder....
    Show
    ...was everyone but Cobra in like one cell or something? Because why the hell would you break out Brain just to knock him out?

Also didn't the anime do some second Oracion Seis arc? Guess that's been crapped all over. Which amuses me.

Small details.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it's kind of early, isn't it?

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know, it felt rather meh to me. Lot's of stuff going on but somehow... I think the one GOOD thing was totallynotMinerva trying to buy Elfman's soul.. that could become interesting. Erza and Mira falling for the trap... uh... I guess it's understandable but still... And... wow, Natsu is the only one to figure out who is likely to be the mole. Why it has to be that specific guy I have no idea but still.. (btw, is it just me or are all the council guys... well, guys?)

As for Cobra.. Well, Jellal was involved in their loss so revenge seems reasonable. Still, I wonder in how far they will use their filler arc upgrades... And I'm not too sure what their allegiance is either, no.

If I was a Tartaros mook I'd have run at page 14... Or maybe surrendered and hoped for the best.
    Well as to how he knew it, logically,

Spoiler
    Show
    The highest ranking guy still alive is probably the mole. After all, they were going after just regular council members, allegedly to try and mask their purpose - BEFORE trying to kill the former chairman? That just doesn't add up. If you're trying to conceal something by killing a group of people, you start with the people most likely to actually know it.

I would like to point out that I also called it the second he claimed he didn't know about the keys to Face. At an absolute minimum, as the chairman, if he didn't know, then he would have known who DID know. Yet he's trying to pull a, 'lol I don't know hurr durr'? Yeah, that set off my alarm bells right there.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    ...was everyone but Cobra in like one cell or something? Because why the hell would you break out Brain just to knock him out?

Also didn't the anime do some second Oracion Seis arc? Guess that's been crapped all over. Which amuses me.

Small details.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was kind of under the impression that Cobra broke out on his own, and the others broke out as a group. None of the others seemed to have particularly strong feelings towards Brain, when Cobra killed him, they all pretty much had a, "Eh, whatever bro", attitude.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Maybe just to make clear who's the boss? Or for dramatic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to point out that I also called it the second he claimed he didn't know about the keys to Face. At an absolute minimum, as the chairman, if he didn't know, then he would have known who DID know. Yet he's trying to pull a, 'lol I don't know hurr durr'? Yeah, that set off my alarm bells right there.
    To be frank, I didn't notice how he was different from the other guys.

And for the other part... well, that's assuming enough thought went into that. I'm not gonna say I didn't find it weird but if you can erase people's memories erasing enough people's memories is a good way to keep a secret very secure, so there's that.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #1346

I didn't notice anything unique about him either. I just figured Natsu figured it out because...literally all the other councilmen are dead other then Jellal, so there can only be one other person left who could of leaked the information.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Small details.
    Or to prevent him from getting released/escaping on his own. This way there is a 100% chance of Brain being dead instead of a chance of Brain being left in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe just to make clear who's the boss? Or for dramatic effect.
    Oh dramatic effect is clearly the real reason. Not seeing Brain would just raise questions or need a boring line about how he's still rotting in a cell somewhere.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When Ezra and Mira drunk the super special exquisite tea, I've said to myself. "This is going to bite'em. It's a poison or something like this. Otherwise, they wouldn't show us." And then, there was only one dubt: could it be that this is a doppler or is onestly evil? Glad to see he is evil.

Also, Elfman soul stealing and Mira and Ezra body snatching can mean that they will became evil. I'm intrigued by the idea of it. This way, the enemy can get some real big guns.

Also, I'm excited. Jellal is going to fight. Seriously. Finally. Curbstomp them. Please. Curbstomp the Oracion Five and then let's go to a big climatic battle between GoodGellal and EvilEzra.
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Ezra and Mira drunk the super special exquisite tea, I've said to myself. "This is going to bite'em. It's a poison or something like this. Otherwise, they wouldn't show us." And then, there was only one dubt: could it be that this is a doppler or is onestly evil? Glad to see he is evil.

Also, Elfman soul stealing and Mira and Ezra body snatching can mean that they will became evil. I'm intrigued by the idea of it. This way, the enemy can get some real big guns.

Also, I'm excited. Jellal is going to fight. Seriously. Finally. Curbstomp them. Please. Curbstomp the Oracion Five and then let's go to a big climatic battle between GoodGellal and EvilEzra.
    You think that Jellal is going to fight the oracion five? Why? I thought he was going to recruit them into fighting tartarus or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.